::Cheetahs::Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

I never made it back here yesterday as you all may have noticed. By the time we got back home it was 7pm. We had to get DS ready for bed and I was exhausted so I wasn't on my feet much beyond that. I think I was seriously snoring by 8:30!:7

I am planning on a weight work out today but am also considering an evening run at the gym. Between this month's work schedule being different and my new training commitments 2x per week, it is going to be more difficult to get everything in but I WILL do it...somehow....}(

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday as I simply had no time to work out. I was planning on taking my rest day on tuesdays this month but this week it will just have to be different.

I will catch up on personals later today after work.

Have a great day girls!

Hey Ladies :) I wasn't here much last week, now I've got a fresh start and will stop lurking and get posting. It's sunny and cool so I think I'll get out for a 6K, I haven't run much the last couple of weeks so I'll take it kinda easy. My big brother is visiting from British Columbia today! I'm excited, it'll be nice to catch up and get a big brother bear hug:)

Wendy, the training really does shake up the rest of your routine but you'll find a way to fit it all in! Sundays are the perfect day for a rest:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a rested and fun weekend!
It's back to work for me although tonight has been nice and mellow for a change:)

Wendy- I hope you get your schedule woes straightened out. You are a busy one lately! Hope you can get your workouts in that you want.

Laurie- Great to hear from ya! Hope you have a nice relaxing run today and your visit with your big bro goes well. .

Judy- Sounds like you are having a nice relaxing time in Vegas. Did you get your run in yesterday?

Christine- So how did the Bocce tournament go? Were you playing or just spectating? I thought this game was pretty much just an East coast thing. I didn't know that Californians even knew what it was!

Gayle- Congratulations on a stellar performance for your marathon relay team. Sounded like you all had a blast!!

Jackie- Your 10k yesterday sounded like quite an ordeal! Kudos to you for persevering!!!

Cathy- I may check out the Amy Ab workouts.... they sound good! Catch up on the school work? Any initial impressions on how your school year will turn out?

I'll be doing a 5 mile interval run today when I get home and if I have time when I wake up it'll be ab/core work.

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs!

I'm still feeling good. This switch is good for me so far. We'll see. I can tell you that I have not been able to control my appetitie for this long in a long time. So, I'm thrilled. Smoke is in the air again, but I'm going to brave it and do a 3.5 mile run this morning. I got new running shoes this weekend - Nike Air's. Hopefully they will help with my blister issue. Will follow the run with some core work and stretching.

Wendy - I know what you mean about fitting it all in! Don't stress. Do what you can, and the rest will fall in line shortly.

Laurie - Enjoy your 6k and especially your time with your brother!!! Sounds like a great time.

I'll be back with more personals from the weekend in a bit. Where is everyone?

Edited to add - SHELLY! Ya snuck in on me! Glad things are calm at work! The Bocce tournament was fun. It's a early event, and DD14 and I got to play a full match before we had to run. I love Bocce. There's a couple places around here to play. There I was at 11:30AM sipping a good champagne and eating pizza. Interesting combination. Enjoy your run today!

Hey guys. I have to apologize for being a lazy (and selfish) poster these days. My time is really very limited now with work in the middle of the school day, and then when the kids come home, I'm all tied up with them. I really PROMISE that I do read all the posts, and I think of you guys all day long. It's just that something as simple as typing all the personals is something I have to let slide in order to make time to fit in everything else I have to do around the house these days. Having said that.....

Today is a rest day. I'm tired. TIRED! Physically, mentally. The relay marathon yesterday and the days leading up to it, were filled with hard workouts and I'm just TIRED! So I slept in and am taking a DOR. PIcking it back up tomorrow with the August 04 rotation, week 2!

My picture trail is now updated with pics from yesterday's AWESOME relay! We had sooooooooo much fun!

Gotta run, sorry!

Gayle

p.s. OHHHHHHHHHHHH! During the relay yesterday, this one relay team's name was "Run Like a Cheetah".

Got in my 6K, L&G and KPC abs and stretch. I've done my penance in advance for the drinks and meals I will share with brother Michael:9 }( :)

Shelly, hope things stay mellow for you. When you do an interval run, how do you pace them out. I don't do that when I run but fun to mix it up and 5k sounds doable.:)

Christine, I'm guessing there are fires in your area, must be nerve wracking! Love your 'damn the torpedoes' attitude, the smoke will definitely add challenge to your run. Sometimes spewey deisel trucks weigh heavy on my lungs when I'm running *cough cough*:)

Hey Amy and Gail!:)

My 13 year old Faith is running for Head Girl at her school. Our last name is Pickles. She makes me smile, she's so clever; she put posters up at school saying 'Have Faith in Pickles' and 'Sweet or Sour, Pickles' has it all :) She's coming along quite nicely that one:7 :7

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies,
I am sleepy this morning. I will wake up with some green tea and do a 3.5 mile run and the ME upper body and abs. I also took a unscheduled rest day yesterday. It felt good!!!!

I am on a mission to eat as healthy as possible this week. I think that is why I am sluggish this morning, from eating some not so healthy stuff last night:(

I am on my way to take kids to school. I will be back after for personals.

Have a great day ladies!

SUsan

Good morning ladies!

No time for personals today. Have 300 emails and lots of mail to catch up on. Vacations are great but it's hell catching up.

Today's workout was the Firm's Super Body Sculpting and some extra stretching using the foam roller. Just right after yesterday's race. Legs are sore from all of those hills.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Jackie

I have no time for personals right now but will get to them later for sure!

I am getting ready to do Butts and Guts though I'm not sure if I'll do it as is or a premix. In any regard, I am sure to wake up with a sore lower half tmrw!}(

BBL!:)

I am back cheetahs. I did my 3.6 mile run and then did ME upper and abs. It was a great workout, even though this morning I felt like a sloth;-)

Wendy, OOH butts and Gutts is one of my faves. I did it so much that I got tired of it. I may have to do it next week. Have fun!

Laurie, have fun with your brother. I love it when family visits:)

Shelly, hello roomie. I hope you get my check soon. Sorry about the delay. I read the address wrong, so I was the one having the duh moment:) Have a great run!

Christine, That is great that you are loving the yoga and running. It really is a great combo. HAve you tried Eoin Finn. He is wonderful. He is definitley a little power yogaish, but he is really good and you may not find him as annoying as Bry:) We had ashes on our car yesterday from the fire in Morgan Hill. I bet you are really seeing the smoke.

Amy, great job on getting back into your workouts. I knew you would;-)

Gayle, I took a look at your pics and they are all great. I was looking at the roadtrip ones and got teary eyed. WHat a great experience that was.

Jackie, that sounds like one tough race you did. Great job! Yes, I am doing great with the running. I still have to stretch about 20-30 minutes after each workout, but it is so worth it to be able to run again.

Judy, you asked me how the chi method was working for me. I tend to run on the treadmill most of the time, so it has been a little tough trying it out on that, but, my hubby and I went for a run outside the other day and it really felt good. I am learning to run on my toes and mid foot instead of the heel toe and that feels better and I am focusing on the lean forward and it does increase the speed.So, so far it feels good. I think it will take time to really make it feel more natural.

Well ladies, I am off to go get my little diva kindergartner. HAve a great day and I will see ya tomorrow.

Susan

Evening Lady Cheetahs. :)

DH and I had to take DS to the lab to have blood drawn for his pediatrician and his neurologist. I HATE THAT! I think it's harder on the parents then on the kids. ;(
We all survived though...:)

I ended up doing 30 mins of B&G's Leg Blast plus 6 min abs. I'll have a toasty lower half tmrw. }(

With my unusual schedule this month I think I am going to do a 2 day upper body split between tmrw and wednesday. I'm just not sure what work out I will use to accomplish this. I am considering PUB or the GS series right now.
I am also *PLANNING* on getting to the gym before my shift on wednesday to get my first run of the week in as I can't do it tonight or tmrw night. If I get there when daycare opens at 8am I should have time to do a 30 min Itrain and shower before I start work at 9am. Wish me luck!:p

I am training my BF tonight at my house and then again with the other gal at BF's house on wednesday. Tonight is weigh in for my BF so she is mad at me right now!:7 Hopefully she lost a pound so that she will forgive me quickly. ;)

K, that's enough about me...I have 10 mins left before I have to go get dinner ready so I'll do personals now...

First I just want to thank all of you for the kind words in regards to my 8 miler over the weekend. It's that kind of response that keeps me motivated and believing that I can do things I NEVER thought I was capable of!!! THANK YOU!!!! :+ :* :+ :*

Laurie: I hope you had a nice visit with your brother. How often do you get to see him?

Shelly: So did you get in the ab/core work you were hoping to have time for?

Christine: How did your run go today with your new sneaks and the smokey air? I hope it wasn't a problem.

Amy: Glad to see you are able to get back to your work outs again. Have fun!

Gayle: Congrats on you and your teams performance at the race. Sounds like you had a blast as well. :+

Jackie: How long did it take you to sift through those 300 emails!? YEOWZAS!:eek: I will have l/b doms myself tomorrow no doubt so don't feel alone in your pain. :7

Cathy: I got your PM as well as emails from Facebook. I am not ignoring you. I just haven't gotten on the website yet but I will SOON, I promise!:)

Hi cheetahs! :)

This’ll be a quick post for me, too. Long day. I only had a stretch DVD on tap for tonight, but I may not even do that. I’m that pooped.

Laurie :: enjoy your visit with big bro!…Love Faith’s creative slogans…I have a feeling she’ll sweep that election.

Shelly :: September is always steadily busy, so it probably will take a few weeks to settle…My initial impression is that this year’s group needs work…I’m glad things have slowed down a bit for you.

Christine :: how were the new Nikes? I am on day two of WW and am surprised that my normally-ravenous appetite has been manageable.

Jackie :: Wow, you did a Firm workout after that race?!!…Oh yeah, I remember the post-vacation catchup when I worked in an office. Not fun. 300 emails could be a record, though!

Wendy :: awww! Poor Joey! Glad he and mom & dad got through it…*lol* about your friend being mad at you re: weigh-in. Are you having them weigh-in once a week then?…No sweat re: Facebook. I’m new to it, so I’m not sure why you are receiving multiple emails. I just sent a hello message. :) No big deal.

Hi Amy, Gayle (will check out the pics in the AM), Susan, and anyone else lurking or stopping by.

Have a great night!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.