::::CHEETAHS - Monday::::

Good early morning Cheetahs!

Off for another long work day! :)

I was up at 4:45AM doing Cathe's Low Impact Step DVD. This is my favorite workout! It is fairly easy of course, and perfect to do on an early Monday morning. Not much thinking needs to be done!

BUT today I fell off my step for the first time ever!!!! I just fell flat on my butt. Good thing I didn't wake up DH, but not too sure about the people who live below me in the condo! ha ha!

I thought of poor Cathy when she fell outside. I guess it happens to us all! We just get right back up and continue on!

Ok, Happy Monday (yuck!) and have a great day all!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good morning Amy and all Cheetahs that follow.........;-)

I'm up bright and early, too, but to get ready for the big Tastefully Simple fundraiser I'm doing at school tonight. I have a lot to put together yet before I even go to my regular job. :7 I'm about done, though, and then it's off to work and it's the first day back for the teachers, so that will be VERY BUSY!!! Actually my whole week is crazy busy. But, I have two more people coming to my step class in September that either haven't before or are coming back because they got a better workout with me than at home by themself or at the GYM!!!:eek: I was shocked and impressed to say the least! Now, I'm totally psyched for my class to start. Well, we are getting more rain and storms (like we need it) and the power just went out, so I'm off now so I don't ruin the computer.

By for now,
Marcia.

Good morning, cheetah babes! :)

Amy:: great job workin' out at the crack o' dawn!! You're my hero for doing that! :) Glad you weren't hurt from the fall. It's always better when there are no witnesses, right? ;)

Marcia:: good luck @ the TS fundraiser tonight...sweet compliments about the step class!

Wendy :: AWESOME deal on the Lucky jeans!!! :) :) :) I wonder if there are any Lucky outlets near us...

Not sure what I'm doing today for a workout, but it will likely be in the PM. I thought I might head over to Cathe's kickboxing class, but I don't feel like driving over there today. Is that blasphemous? Will go with the flow and decide later.

Have a great Monday!!
[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Morning Girls.

*yawn*

I'm a bit sleepy this morning after my disturbed/lost sleep last night. :-(

Amy: Sorry you fell. I'm just glad you are okay and the trooper in you got up and got right back into it!}(

Marcia: Have fun at the fund raiser tonight! Good job getting additions to your step class.

So I've written up a work out for my "clients". We are still going back and forth trying to make things work and iron out the details but in the meantime I figured I'd get a work out ready for them. Would be a bad start if I walked in and didn't know what I was gonna do with them!:eek:
I am making a circuit work out that similar to BootCamp's Style. It will rotate 8 cycles of cardio, lower body and upper body. I will do core by itself at the end. I am keeping all of the lower body work resistance free right now and will use light weights or light tubing for upper body.
It will be 30 secs to 1 min of cardio and 15 reps of each lower and upper body exercise. I am going to include a 10 min warm up and cool down. I estimate this to take just about an hour which would be perfect. :)
Now I just hope it works out and I can actually do this for them. I am quite excited about it now!!!!:+

So my work out today is a circuit and in honor of the work out I just put together I think I will just have to do Boot Camp!}(

Cathy:

I looked up outlets on the Lucky Jean site and it appears the closest may be Franklin Mills Outlets in PA. That could be *very* close to you! No outlets in Jersey though. x( Have fun with whatever work out you decide to do!

Wendy:: GREAT introductory w/out plan you've put together for your clients. Sounds challenging but not overwhelming...Funny, BC crossed my mind as well. Haven't done that one in awhile...Hmm, Franklin Mills...that is not far away. Haven't been there in a few years. Might have to make a trip out there this week.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Too early – took 6 tries to get my fingers working correctly! Today is a 3.5 mile run and GS Legs – Standing Only. First day of school for both DD14 and DD18. Keep your fingers crossed the DD18 will hear about a dorm room today!!

Amy – wow – another long day –eh? Sorry to hear about your falling off the step! Hope that merely means you’re getting all the bad stuff out of the way for the day early!

Marcia – Wow! So cool about your step class! I’m sending good vibes for tonight! You’ll do fabulous, I know!!!!

Cathy – You are indeed blasphemous! A chance to workout with Cathe and you aren’t taking it! :p Enjoy your workout no matter what.

Wendy – Sorry you slept poorly last night! You’re workout sounds like a great one! I think it sounds like a perfect and FUN routine to get your mom and her friend interested! Great job! Enjoy Boot Camp – that’s a good one!

Enjoy everyone!

Good Morning Ladies:) I'm getting fuelled up for DrillMax this morning. Had a great weekend at my uncle's cottage up north. Family, food and fun.....'nuff said :) My cousins even talked me into jumping off of a bridge into the lake. Funny how it didn't look crazy high looking up but looking down was another story. I pencil dove in and swear the brunt of the impact was in my chest. The girls are still a bit sore;) but it was worth it!

Amy, ahhhh...I feel for you...I've fallen a couple of times. Last time it was while doing AllStep...keeps us humble:)

Marcia, that's great about your class. I'm anxious for things to settle into fall mode here, the busy-ness of summer is starting to lose it's charm:)

Cathy, if you decide to go to Cathe's class would you swing by here and pick me up first. Thanks!:7

Wendy, you'll do great! With your combination of passion for fitness and inspiration from Cathe, you can't go wrong!

Christine, glad you got your digits working:) I know the feeling it's like.....'first day with new hands?!?'. My fingers are crossed that it all works out for your 18 year old.

Got a house full coming today. My father-in-law which is a mixed blessing but the visit will be nicely buffered as I have a cousin coming with her 3 kids. Haven't seen her 13 year old twins in about 4 years. Should be fun.

Take Care
Laurie

Good Morning Ladies:) I'm getting fuelled up for DrillMax this morning. Had a great weekend at my uncle's cottage up north. Family, food and fun.....'nuff said :) My cousins even talked me into jumping off of a bridge into the lake. Funny how it didn't look crazy high looking up but looking down was another story. I pencil dove in and swear the brunt of the impact was in my chest. The girls are still a bit sore;) but it was worth it!

Amy, ahhhh...I feel for you...I've fallen a couple of times. Last time it was while doing AllStep...keeps us humble:)

Marcia, that's great about your class. I'm anxious for things to settle into fall mode here, the busy-ness of summer is starting to lose it's charm:)

Cathy, if you decide to go to Cathe's class would you swing by here and pick me up first. Thanks!:7

Wendy, you'll do great! With your combination of passion for fitness and inspiration from Cathe, you can't go wrong!

Christine, glad you got your digits working:) I know the feeling it's like.....'first day with new hands?!?'. My fingers are crossed that it all works out for your 18 year old.

Got a house full coming today. My father-in-law which is a mixed blessing but the visit will be nicely buffered as I have a cousin coming with her 3 kids. Haven't seen her 13 year old twins in about 4 years. Should be fun.

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies! This will need to be a quick post, but I should BBL for personals.

This weekend was great. However, I have no workouts to report. DS and I went to the circus on Saturday. He had a fabulous time. In the meantime, DH went back up to Cincy with Sadie to see how she would act with Chelsea. They did great together. Still no word on what Chelsea's previous name was, but we are okay with calling her Chelsea. DH will go back on this coming Saturday to adopt her. Yesterday we bought items for her such as food/water bowls, toys, etc. We are excited about getting another dog even though we know she will need some work trying to acclimate to our family.

BTW - Today is a rest day. I'm having my new washer and dryer delivered during my workout time.

LV GTGers: Did I read right that everyone is coming in Friday - Monday? I should know today if I can get a room in Vegas through my company, but I want to make sure I'm there when everyone else is. If the room is in another hotel way down the strip from you all then I will gladly pay for a room instead. I don't want to miss out on all the fun. I still haven't signed up for the HM yet. I want to find out what days everyone else will be there and then check my flights before I sign up. I'm still 90% certain I will be going.

Hey guys! Happy Monday. School starts NEXT Tuesday, so we've got a week to live up the summer! That being said.........

I slept in today. I woke up completely disoriented...laying on top of my bed, light and TV still on, glasses still on my nose, tv controller in my hand! LOL I must have laid down after getting the boys to bed and simply passed OUT! LOL It's been a long (and FUN) weekend, so it must have caught up with me! Today, I'm taking my boys and 2 neighbor friends to the local amusement/water park for the day. ANOTHER LOOOOOOOOOOOONG day, but I LOVE IT! Packing a lunch that is veg, and there's a Subway rest. there, so I'll get my usual veggie wrap.

I didn't get in a workout since I got up so late, and we're leaving in 40 minutes. But it's been 2 full straight weeks without a DOR, so I'm taking a day of stair-climbing, water-sliding, and tube-lugging as a DOR! lol

Gotta run and pack us up!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I wondered if anyone would see the whiney pee pants comment!! he sure was one...;)...I am just hoping my eye does not swell shut! Damn bug! Glad you have some time for Chi reading. Good job with PUB and the Squeeze mish-mosh. If I was there, I drag you along to Cathe kxbing class...:)

Wendy...awesome deal on the Lucky jeans!! Sorry about your insomnia...sounds like you have created a fun Bootcamp style workout for your clients! Enjoy Bootcamp yourself...

Amy...I have fallen on my step before....as long as no one see's, it does not count!!!

Marcia...it does sounds like a crazy busy week for you.

Christine...I would not even try the Chi technique without 1st reading the book. I think I posted before that it is just over $10 bucks at amazon.com. Hope your DD finds out good news about the dorms today. Have a nice run and enjoy GS Legs standing.

Laurie...I have jumped off a few bridges into lakes too, a LONG time ago! How are things between you and your FIL?...Enjoy your company, it sounds fun.

Kristi...good news that Sadie and Chelsea got along well! Enjoy your rest day and congrats on the new washer and dryer. I am fairly sure it'll be fri-mon for me in Vegas. I was going to check the hotels though., I thought I saw a better deal at Circus, Circus.

Gayle...OMG if you could see my poor eye today!! It would be considered an injury...:)..how is the arse DOMS today?

Elaine...hope you enjoy your day with Rex.

I am doing a premix of either SS or PP upper and 40 min on my EXT. Then I am getting a massage! I do hope the swelling goes down a bit in my eye...it looks awful. BTW for any interested this is the link to a Chi Forum:
http://www.chirunning.com/bulletinboard/

Have a great day...

Christine :: hope there’s good news to share later re: DD’s dorm.

Laurie :: sounds like a fun & adventurous weekend! :) The jump off the bridge must’ve been exhilarating…I let out a groan for ya when I read FIL’s coming over. Good thing to have the buffer.

Kristi :: great news about Chelsea…congrats on the new addition to the fam!…Yes, it looks like everyone is doing Fri-Mon. I think you and I are were the only ones also considering Sat-Tues. Don’t know if you caught my post yesterday, but since the airfare keeps creeping up, unless I can nab the kind of deal like the one I’d initially seen, I probably will not go. I’m still very much on the hunt, though!!

Gayle :: I’m with you on livin’ up this last week of summer. Have fun @ the amusement & water park today. You must be the cool mom on the block.

Carole :: oh yes, I saw it and will be incorporating it as a colorful new addition to my vocabulary :)…Yikes! I thought you scratched your nose but didn’t realize that your eye was affected. It’s funny how such bizarre mishaps can occur. Hope it’s better today…enjoy the massage!!

I knew I would be taking heat for not heading over to the KB class this morning. *lol* Maybe next Monday.

All right, I needed a few minutes’ break but now it’s back to the lesson plans…

BBL, of course.

Good morning to all the wonderful cheetahs! I'm having a wonderfully lazy morning. I'll be taking it a bit light this week:eek:
Light at least for me ;-) I'm pondering doing a local 10k this Saturday. Last year I did this one after having pulled my groin.
I turned a slight injury into a major one:( .

Cathy- I do hope you reconsider LV. Not to be enabling or anthing (heaven forbid) BUT, I am 100% serious about picking up the cost of a hotel room. You and Gayle would be coming the farthest with the most airfare so I would be delighted to accomdate you both..... REALLY!!!! Like I said before, I would be paying for this room anyway so why not? It would be well worth it to me to have you and Gayle there!!!!!! It still is alot of money though for airfare so I completely understand if you decide against it. Re: Cathe's class... I'm with Carole here. I'd be living at that gym if I were within an hours drive!!!

I'll be back for more personals!

ShellyC

More Personals!!!!

Amy- Ouch! I went sailing off my step a few months ago and landed right on my tailbone:eek: Bruised my pride more though, even though I was alone! I love your spirit... just get back on:)

Marcia- What a nice boost for you and complement to your skills as an instructor that your step class is growing!!! I still don't know where you find the time and energy to accomplish all you do, you are truly amazing. Best of luck to you with your TS fundraiser.

Wendy- Wow, what an innovative approach to your personal trainer sessions. You will be an awesome PT!! Can't wait to hear the reactions from your Mom and friend!

Christine- Definitely give Chi running a try! The book isn't expensive and it will give you a whole new outlook on running!!!!
Crossing my fingers that a dorm room will come through for your DD.

Laurie- eeeks, that dive off a bridge sounds hairraising scary to me.. and this from a crazy dirtbiker! Sounds like you have quite a houseful:eek: Have fun!!

Kristi- I'm so glad to hear that you're still in for LV. I do so look forward to meeting you!! I just knew that Sadie and Chelsea would hit it off. I bet Sadie will be so happy to have a companion.
Dogs are such social critters.

Gayle- I'd say you were WAY overdue for a DOR:eek: Another fun filled day I see!!! BTW, I love those veggie wraps too:9

Carole- Wow that was some monstrous attack bug!! I bet if you keep
up with the Chi running between now and Dec. you'll be a force to be reckoned with in LV and will leave your sister in the dust! That is if she's still coming. She'll be missing out on a treat! On the rooms for LV. I've booked at the Luxor because it is close to Mandalay Bay, the headquarters and where the race starts, but it really doesn't matter along the strip, public transportation is readily available and I'd be willing to change it to anywhere!

Time to get moving here. I'll be doing Mindy Mylrea's Action Packed workout and later an hour on the EXT. DH is anxious to go shopping now and we also want to get in some dirtbiking:7

Later,

ShellyC

Cathy...I also took that delightful phrase from someone and use it a lot! I did scratch my nose but whatever it was bit me too right below my eye! The swelling is a bit better now. I will have to keep on sunglasses when I leave the house...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b/shades.gif[/img]

Shelly...hope you enjoy your light week! I think the 10K would be a great idea for you. It was a very nasty bug I guess. I will be happy if the Chi running gets me back in shape and a bit faster. It is weird with my sister. Even of she bails I will still go. I give her some more time before we decide on a hotel. Have fun with Mindy and the EXT. Quite a busy day planned with shopping and dirtbiking also!

I did the Upper body blast from SS, and a 40 min iClimb on my EXT. Now I will be leaving soon for my massage...:)

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Wendy - Glad you made it through the 6.5 miles. I continue to run at a slower pace on my longer runs. Sometimes it seems harder to me to walk and then pick up with the running. I don't know what I will do when the 10 mile races roll around. I think you have a good plan. Do both 5K's! I think it's good training.

Cathy - Hope things work out and you can make the Vegas trip.

Carole - I couldn't watch Snakes on a Plane. I would have nightmares afterwards. Don't like looking at snakes. Sorry about the bug bite. Ok, you are getting my interest with this Chi running.

Shelly - You, an old fuddy duddy? Never! Yeah, I'm usually in bed by 9:00 during the week. I guess early hours, long runs and sitting still for an extended period of time does not make a good combination for staying awake.

Amy - Glad you're ok from your fall. Bet we've all had one of those moments and hoping no one was looking.

Christine - Hope you had a good run. Keeping fingers crossed for the dorm for DD.

Laurie - Have fun with the family today!

Kristi - Enjoy your rest day! Did you go for the front loading washer and dryer?

Gayle - Enjoy the park with the kids!

I did Cuts & Curves and GBG Abs this morning. I enjoyed the easier day.

Gotta get back to work. Just had to stop for a minute and check on my Cheetah friends.

Hope you're having a great day!

Jackie

Jackie - Yes, I did. We bought a Whirlpool Duet washer & dryer. It is going to make my life so much easier where laundry is concerned. In my house Sundays are laundry days and I only do laundry then. This will cut my weekly loads down from 8 or 9, excluding bedding, to about half. This will free up so much time with the kids. What is Cuts & Curves?

Hey Girly Cheetahs!:)

Dinner is done and cleaned up so I am finally sitting down to take care of personals...

I got Boot Camp done this afternoon. Wasn't as tough as I remember it being. LOVE when that happens!}( Unfortunately though, those stinkin' terminator climbers still manage to get me every time! x(

Christine: So what's the deal with DD18's dorm room? Any call on that yet? How did her first day of College go? How exciting for her!

Laurie: I am laughing my butt off over the bridge jump story! Your poor girls! I hope they get over the impact soon! ;)How neat that you get to see kids you haven't seen in 4 years. Have fun!

Kristi: Enjoy your new washer dryer. I gather it's a much bigger set then what you have now? Our house is tiny so we have a stackable. It's a big one but still way small. I can't do my comforter in it at all. x( I have to either take it to the laundrymat or to my mom's. How exciting that Chelsea will be an official part of the family soon. The kids must be beside themselves! :)

Gayle: Wow, you are going on hyper-speed with your kids! Good for you! Sounds like y'all are havin' a blast. Take advantage before school starts in again, I say!

Carole: Sorry about your eye. I hope it gets better soon! So which work out did you choose, SS or PP? Did you use Itrain for your EXT work out by chance? ;)

Cathy: So have you made a dent in your lesson plans today? Hope so. So you are thinkin' of hittin' Franklin Mills this weekend, ey? I may hit those outlets myself soon with a friend of mine. She is going to be taking a day off to hang with Joey and I and we thought of going there.

Shelly: I get the feeling that your DH likes to shop. Am I right? Seems like he is always waiting on YOU to go shopping when it should be the other way around! LOL

Jackie: I wasn't sure how the run/walk would work out but it's working well so far. That little bit o' walking really seems to help revive me. It also gives me something to "look forward to" that isn't more then a half or so mile away.

Shelly :: oh, I have definitely not yet ruled out LV!!…I just need to find something on-the-cheap to make it work! :)…I so *greatly* appreciate your offer, but I could never do that! BIG (((HUGS))) for such a generous offer. You’re the best!!!…hope you had fun dirtbiking.

Carole :: how’s the swelling? I have already christened the new phrase. (Used it in reference to my neighbor’s dog, who does not stop screeching when he is in his cage. Works the nerves.)

Jackie :: I absolutely despise snakes, too, but I did see that movie. I thought it was funny, actually. I love Samuel L.

Well, since Mondays are usually a yoga or stretch day for me, I opted for some stretching on my own & Core Max #1. My DVD player was acting funky again.

An itchy trigger finger today led me to order Amy Bento’s Abs & Stretch, AM/PM Stretch, and Amy’s 10 Minute Solutions DVD. Anybody have any of these?

Oh, and other good news: I found two dresses at Boscov’s today. Don’t know which one I will wear to the wedding, but I will probably take both on the cruise.

ETA: Wendy :: missed your post while I was posting. I did make a good dent in the lesson planning. I have a loose outline for September done so far. Yes, I might run over to FM one day this week. Maybe Thursday. Good job with BC. I agree 'bout those terminators. We used to do those in elementary school phys. ed. and I *HATED* them. Mountain climbers, too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.