::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 12/18

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~ :)

The countdown is on for me. Four-and-a-half days til break...yippee! I never did get that second wind last night and I ate like a *BEAST* all weekend. This really must stop. However, I have dinner plans tonight w/ old work friends. Not sure I'm gonna be able to squeeze something in, but I'll try. Maybe a KPC timesaver.

To catch up from yesterday...

Laurie :: I agree--your updated photo looks gorgeous! No, I have not received the silly putter hammer...and I don't think I'll be needing it. I'm just movin' on!

Linda :: I wouldn't have a problem with someone running through the cemetary. But I probably wouldn't be able to do it myself, to tell you the truth. My grandparents and other family are buried in Germany, where the rules are pretty strictly followed that one walks through a cemetary. A lot of people travel by bike, so they get off of the bike and *walk* it to the bike rack. I probably couldn't break from that - it's just sort of ingrained - yet, I don't think I'd perceive it as disrespectful if I saw someone else running. I'm not sure there is any logic to what I just said...lol. But the bottom line - I think it's OK that you run there. BTW, I was moved by your post and your spending time at the grave.

Have a great day, everyone! I hope to check back here later.
-Cathy :)

OK - I just wrote a long note to all of you and whatever I hit erased EVERYTHING, UGH!!! I hope I remember what I said again. :7

We had Christmas at my moms yesterday and it was boring.....I only have one brother who is married with three kids, DH and I only have one and my dad passed away on Dec 20 three years ago, so we are a small family. I want lots of people, games, fun, food, drink, etc. (picture Christmas Vacation ;-) ) I guess next year that will be my goal making Christmas fun again!

I teach step aerobics Monday, Wednesday and Thursday this week so that will leave running on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. I'm not sure when I will get my weights in though? DH is working most nights this week at the bar so that kind of depresses me, too, but we have Mexico just around the corner and we keep reminding ourselves of that, too. Owning your own business does have a few downfalls as well as ups. ;-)

I got a new 22" computer monitor at work, so I'm excited to get there and 'redo' my area. I produce the school's newpaper to the community and would love to change my job around to district secretary/marketing and publishing. ;-) Now, I need do some things to work towards that goal.

Jess: I sure hope your kids are getting better? We have a lot of sick kids in school, too, I think it partially because we are usually in the 20 degree temps here and it's been in the 40's, so the germs just don't die. }(

Linda: I say, go ahead and run in the cemetery. If I saw you running in the one where my dad is, I would just smile and think he's getting a little company today. :)

Take care everyone, see you later.
Marcia.

HI Cheetahs-

We had a fun weekend! After the elliptical on Sat. which I am convinced is the right eqwuipment for us. We went to DS's hockey game and then the Humane society and adopted a 3 month old black kitten. We already have 2 2yr. old black kitties. The transition between all of them is not quite smooth but we are working on it. He just wants to be with the big boys or us!

Yesterday we had my sister's famiy over for Lasagna ( healthy style) salad and birthday cake ( NOT healthy style) My sister & neice have birthdays this week and mine is 12/21.

Today will be a 7 mile run after kids get to school, then clean max. My oldest DS has arrived safely and is thrilled with the new kitty. DS (youngest) has midterms exams all week; so we have to keep making him study in small increments. The kitten actually helps, because we have him sit in his room with the kitty and study.

Ok GTG get moving!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning all! Finishing up a weekend of work... it finally was a slow night for me. I haven't had one of those for a while! Nice for a change. After tonight is over I get 4 nights off:) Then it's back to work through Christmas Eve. After my nap today I'll be doing GS Legs, then later a 6 mile run:7 We're finally going to get some SNOW here:7

Cathy- Sounds like you are more than ready for your break:7 Have a great time with your friends tonight. I caught up on the posts from yesterday and see you awarded me the energizer bunny award:) That's funny.... my husband has always called me a human fire engine. You'd think at 50 yrs old I'd be slowing down some..... maybe some day!;-)

Marcia- Your posts sound so upbeat and refreshing. I think that's wonderful you've found such new inspiration. Your routine of running alternate days sounds very smart. You can always split up your body parts to get in your weights if time is a factor. I've accidently erased long posts before too.....very frustratingx(

Carole- Great job on the 12 miles yesterday! Are you still planning on your marathon relay next month?

Laurie- Sounds like your dinner was a smashing success! But with your positive attitude we all knew it would be! Sounds like Glen is coming around to his senses;-)

Susan- Great job with the cookie party. Sounds like it was a lot of fun and congrats on not overdoing it! You have a wonderfully healthy attitude towards food, and lifestyle in general.

Jess- OMG.... you poor mama! I sure hope your daughters are on the mend now! You have had more than your fair share of bugs to deal with!!!!! I'm sorry you had to miss your party:( At least you were able to get in a good workout. When are you planning a run again?

Linda- I think running in a cemetary is wonderful. It's so peaceful and I don't see how anyone can find it disrespectful.... unless your running on graves.... but I can't see you doing that! You say you'd like some of my running power and endurance. I'd say with workouts like yours you are already there cheetah! Give yourself some credit!!

okay... duty calls me cheetah babes! Hopefully I can check back in later in the day!

TATA

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs.:)

Cathy: I'm with you on the eating like a BEAST thing girl! OMG, I haven't stopped since Thanksgiving! UGH! The scale is going up too! :eek: It's funny though cause my clothes all still fit fine though I can't believe it's ALL muscle from lifting heavy this month!

Marcia: I know about the ups and downs of owning your own business as my dad did for years and my mom's BF does as well. It's hard work and looong hours but when it is successful it definately has it's benefits! Hang in there girl! :)

Judy: So what made you choose the elliptical? I thought you might go with the arc trainer. Wow, Birthdays abound in your family this time of year, huh? Happy early Birthday to you! ENJOY! :+

I am switching to the Pyramids for upper body this week. I am splitting it up like the GS series does so I'll be doing chest and tris today. Do you think I should do this work out once or twice a week for each body part?? I also want to do some cardio. I want to run to offset the awful eating but that would day 3 in a row and it scares me a bit even though I only ran 2 & 3 miles...I'll have to think about it...

I can't believe Christmas is in a week! It's insane! This year has just flown by!:eek:

I am not working today so I'll probably be back many times through out the day.:p

Hi Judy- posting at the same time:) Wow you have alot of family birthdays so close to Christmas! How wonderful that you adopted a kitty! I'm sure your other ones will come around eventually. Have a great run today!

ShellyC

Hey Wendy.... why don't you try out an elliptical at your gym rather than running consective days? The pyramids are awesome workouts, guaranteed to give you some serious DOMS. Have a great fun rest day :) :D
ShellyC-

Morning Shelly!

What kinda cruel joke is your job playing on you!? Giving you off for 4 days and having you go BACK for Christmas Eve!? ACK! That stinks!:-(

I know I can always use the elliptical but I'd much rather run!}(

Have a good nap and a great w/o!

Good morning ladies,

wow, quite a few posts already!

today's workout was Metabolic Effect Spin (30 min spin class taught HIIT style) tough stuff. at lunch i am going back to the gym for the Metabolic effect class.

I am pretty much finished shopping, whew. still have just a couple more gifts to get. seems like it just never ends.....and then there's all the wrapping that must be done.

alrighty, ladies it's off to work i go. I will try to check back in later for personals. if i don't make it back, you know i am thinking about you all...;)

have a wonderful monday:)

Morning All! This morning it's DrillMax and maybe a B&G premix. After that I am all about finishing my Christmas shopping! I haven't got a ton to do but have to fill the stockings!! I love filling the stockings!!!:)

Susan, thanks for the feedback on my picture, I should start my day by reading that everyday!!!:)

Cathy, it's no consolation but, I too ate like a BEAST yesterday. It's so good going down but I sure woke up feeling heavy todayx( I actually surprised myself by pitching out some of the baked goods that couldn't be re-frozen. That's interesting about German cemetaries. I'm glad you're 'movin' on' the 'cat and mouse' thing gets tired very quickly. Thanks for the compliment on my picture:)

Marcia, I hear you about Christmas. Our family is small too and now that the Girls are older it's a pretty low key day. We started going to the show a few years ago so we'll go see 'Dream Girls' this Christmas. That's a huge monitor you got there. Ours is 20" and we really like it.

Judy, have fun with your elliptical. I'm sending study vibes to your son!!!! Have fun with your new kitty, my 17 y.o. wants one bad but my 15 y.o. is very allergic.

Wendy, I love PUB but never use PLB. Enjoy your day off work!

Shelly, glad your night was slow and not too taxing. I've been wondering where our snow is and now I know...you have it!!:+ I'm starting to think that we might be having a green Christmas. Boy your legs are going to work today!!!

I'd better get this workout started!!

ETA, hi Sunny, sounds like a great class, good warm up for your shopping:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hey Sunny! You have me so curious about these Metabolic Effect classes! I wish they had them at my gym!:-( Glad you got most of your shopping done and can move on to wrapmax now! Have fun!}(

Okay, Pyramid chest and tri's are DONE! I upped my weights from the last time I did the Pyramids. I only intend to do Pyramids for the last 2 weeks of the year but if I were going to do them for a month I'd probably be upping my weights again pretty quick! This makes me very happy!:+

Hey, I almost forgot to tell y'all! Last night at FIL's house my DH was sitting on the couch and I told him it was time for dinner or something. He joked around with me that I needed to pick him up and carry him to the table. Well, much to everyone's astonishment I DID pick him up (baby position)!!! I did not attempt to carry him to the table as I didn't want to hurt myself though. LOL His whole family (including DH) was quite impressed and do you know what I thought to myself? THANKS CATHE!:+

Okay, I'm off to get DS out of bed now...he's being lazy this morning. ;)

I'll be back though!

cathy and carole-yes I had a great run on saturday and took advantage of the great weather yesterday also. I ran 3 miles only since saturdays run was so long. It was gorgeous here in ohio, almost 60 degrees. I just loved it!! I didnt get a chance to check in yesterday as I was busy,busy,busy.

anyway, tonight is class and I feel like last wednesday was forever ago since teaching one. I am done with christmas shopping except for stocking stuffers for my kids.

carole- I can finally do the banana,superman thing in p90x. I havent done the tape since the first time but was laying ont he floor the other day and decided to try it again, and I surprised myself by doing it without the trouble I had the first time.

off to work, have a nice day everyone!!

G'morning Cheetahs!! Quick check-in from the sick house! Hannah went to school, she was feeling fine other than still a drippy nose but her fever's been gone since y'day morning. She was ready to go back, she hated missing on Friday!! Poor Kiersten is still pretty puny though, she can't even keep juice down. She's laying on the couch watching Princess Diaries w/ a bucket. I can't even give her the meds til I know she'll keep them down. Her ears are draining which is a good thing (she had tubes as a baby from chronic ear infections). Allison still has a fever but at least she's playing & acting more like herself.

Looks like CleanMax & LaundryMax again today around here!! Getting rid of the germs!! 'Tis that time of year for sickness, I guess!!

I have B & G on tap for today. I might try the Leg Blast pre-mix. I hope I'll be able to run ok tomorrow, I'm planning to run w/ my friends in the early AM!

Allison is supposed to be singing in her pre-school Christmas program tonight, I don't know what to do yet. The Dr. said that what they have isn't contagious, the cold they've had was but now they just have other symptoms. I guess we'll see how it goes later.

OK, I'm being paged by a sick princess so I'd better run! I'll be back in a bit!

Cathy...no quarter pounder for me but potato chips seem to work..:)...I think the fastest cheetah might be Shelly....I do remember Elaine getting in a run with an 8:40 pace soon after her marathon. I can do a 9:40 occasionally...I think there have been a few here that have gotten under a 9 min pace. Enjoy your dinner with old work friends tonight.

Wendy...you could probably just do one body part a week with the pyramids. I try and get my upper body twice a week if I can...WOW!...you picked up your DH...literally....I am impressed! As mine is over 200 I don't think I'd try...

Shelly..yes I am still planning on the marathon relay next month. Sounds like a good workout today. Enjoy your 4 nights off. Snow?...I am jealous...:)

Sunny...Tough workout for you. I still have a few more things to get too. I hope to finish shopping tomorrow.

Laurie...you new pic is awesome! Red is for sure your color...:)..Ultra'a are Michelobs lightest beer. Michelob Ultra. The temp at the start of my run was 29 and when I was done it was 41. Crisp and clear. I always want a dusting bit of snow this time of year...Have fun with Drillmax and a B&G premix.

Linda...I have not seen 70 degrees for awhile , I think 51 was our highest yesterday. I would think running in a cemetery would be disrespectful. In fact when I run here near my house, we got out on trails and out turnaround point is a very old cemetery. Your visit with your Mom & Dads grave was very touching...

Laura...Way to go on the Superman/banana. It does eventually get easier...

I finally get to take my car to the shop today! Hopefully they will get it repaired by friday.

I am doing GS Chest, back & shoulders, abs and 40 min on the Elliptical.

I also hope to get my cards done today....:)

Judy..so now you have 3 black cats! I bet the transition will be easier soon with the new one. So you have decided on an Elliptical?

Jess...wow a house full of sick girls. I do hope they feel better soon! Have fun with B&G...I just love that workout.

Workout is done, I still haven't recovered from the weekend and am feeling sluggish. I used a 4# med ball for some of DM cardio and it worked well for me. I need to get it together and get out there shopping!!

Laura, nice that you are taking advantage of and enjoying the lovely mild temperatures!

Jess, hope the little princess feels better soon!

Carole, thanks, Faith is a good little photographer! I figured Ultras were something like that! It really does sound like our weather is pretty similar right now, very strange! Have fun with GS and ALL THOSE pushups!!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning ladies,
Just a quick check-in for me right now. I am going to go to the gym and do the elliptical for 55 minutes and then come home and do PUB Sh, tri's and bi's. I did Butts and Gutts last night, the standing work and the floor work. It was TOUGH!!! I have no DOMS today though.

I have so much to do this week to get ready for our trip to Chicago. So, it will probably be a light workout week for me. And, I am starting to get scared about not working out for a week in Chicago. I will just have to eat clean...deep breath(LOL)! I am so anal.

Anyway, I am off to take the kids to school. I hopefully will check back later.

Cheers!

Susan

I have a hard time when I go to my IL's exercising. My Mom has all of the Pilates DVD's & a treadmill that I can use while I'm there plus she doesn't mind if I head out for a run. My IL's already think I'm a bit nutty exercise- wise, so I feel kinda weird. Thankfully we usually stay at my Mom's & just go there for the day to visit (they're only about half an hour away). Can you at least go out for a walk or something to get in some sort of exercise?? And you can still do some pushups or crunches. That's what I do at least!

Have fun getting everything ready. I'm sure your Mom will appreciate it a lot. BTW, I got your card on Sat!! Love the picture, you have an adorable family!! I'm doing B & G later!

Laurie ~ I looove your new pic!! Love the hair too, you are so cute!! I'm glad that the party went well this weekend, I'm sure the food was delicious!! Good job on tossing out the goodies too, I'm the queen of tossing. I love to bake but usually give a lot of it away to friends/ neighbors or send it w/ my dh to work! However I'm in charge of Christmas cookies for my Aunt's house this year so we'll be baking this week!! Then I will freeze some & let the kids have a few treats!

The princess is feeling better, at least she was able to keep her meds & some crackers down so far. I called Allison's preschool teacher & she said that she had had a ton of calls already for sick kids. She said there might only be half of the kids at the program, so there's a lot of stuff going around!!!

Hey Cheetahs!

I'm back from the gym. I did the first 20 mins of my 40 min Itread and then a 30 min interval work out on the elliptical. It was an awesome work out! I've put on *dry* work out clothes (what I wore for pub this morning) and will do either stretchmax or some yogax once Joey goes in for his nap in a bit. :)

I need to go make myself some lucnh now so I'll be back in a few for personals!

I'm back for some personals!:)

Laurie: You have one heck of a work out and day planned! How are you going to have the energy for all of that shopping after such an intense work out!? ;) You look absolutely radiant in your new avitar! Love it!:+

Laura: Glad all you have left to shop for is stocking stuffers. Have fun teaching tonight!

Jess: Gosh, your poor kids. I'm glad atleast one of them is back to school! You are gonna LOVE the leg blast premix! It's freakin' AWESOME! I actually decided that I am going to do that as my leg work out with PUB u/b for the next 2 weeks. DOMS here I come!}(

Carole: Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Hope you get everything accomplished! My DH is a lightweight so it wasn't that bad lifting him. ;) Seriously...if he weighs 140, it's alot!:eek:

Susan: Can't you bring a work out or two with you to Chicago? Something that does not require equipment like a kickboxing w/o or soemthing? What about running outside while you are there? Just some ideas to keep you sane. :+

Well, I'm going to let my sandwich settle a bit more and then I gotta get moving on SM or YX, whatever I decide on...:)
After that it's all about laundrymax and houseworkmax...ACK! x( LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.