::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 12/11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Am sitting here with my tea trying to become human...I feel like another hour of sleep would've been nice...oh well, winter break is coming!

Not sure what I'll do after school today...maybe B&G? Will play by ear.

Susan :: yours is the only post I need to catch up with from last night...hope you enjoyed MM yesterday...I'm glad to hear things are improving for your sciatica...good luck @ PT today! My snacking yesterday was ridiculous...I don't even want to tell you what an oinker I was, but TODAY it all stops! I'm going to try to follow Cathe's advice (on the Dec. rotation), which says to be stricter on days when it's possible...it's all about damage control!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great day ~ I will be back later to catch up.

-Cathy :)

Good Morning my Cheetahs!

When I was in Target y'day morning shopping I saw a DVD movie entitled "Cheetah Girls". I was smiling and thinking of all of you. :+

I have GS Legs and a run on tap for today. The run will be short though...

I'll be back with personals. I have catch on y'day's thread first though. :)

Sunny: I feel your pain with yoga. I bought a Mr. Yummypants DVD in hopes of being able to get into yoga. I tried about 15 mins of it maybe 3 times and it's been sitting on the shelf since. I am in for a tough time when I start P90X! 90 friggin' minutes of it once a week! ACK! LOL

Carole: My best friend can tend to have "diarreha of the mouth" of the mouth as well. LOL I hate it when we are out with other people and she totally monopolizes the conversation. I feel like there is no point in even being in the room. ;)

Laurie: You are not the only one with the undisciplined eating, girl so don't feel too bad. I've eaten more crap in the past month then I've eaten all friggin' year, I swear! Every time I turn around we are going out to eat! I love eating out but it definately is damaging to my waistline!:-(

Cathy: Have fun burnin' with B&G if that's what you choose!}( I wanted to walk away from the non-stop talker but we were all sitting down eating dinner...it would have been a little wierd. I guess I could have faked intestinal distress and gone and hid in the bathroom! LOL :p

Elaine: OMG, sounds like you had a bad time between your poor little DD and the dog the other day! I'm glad the carpet cleaned up well. I don't think you should have an odor problem as it only happened once and it was obviously cleaned up really well.

Laura: ^5's on the 7 miles girl! Good job and nice pace too! Keep pushin' and you'll get back to your old cheetah self. :)

Susan: I went to Target y'day too. I got there before 9am though and it was GREAT! There was some people but it was like a normal shopping day. I had NO problems. I was sooo happy! Good luck with the PT session today.

Good Morning Cheetah Friends-

We were away all weekend therefore I have not been online. I hope all is well with this bunch!

I see eating has been stressful for some. I also had a hard time making good choices from reataurants the last two days. Today I am looking forward to my regular morning smoothie, a black bean veggie chili at lunch, and a new veggie recipe for dinner: Butternut Squash Risotto made in a crock pot. The afternoon snack will be one or two apples. There. A good ay is planned. Any one else?

OK, Elliptical experts, help is needed. DH wants to buy us an elliptical for Christmas. Which ones do you recommend or think we should stay away from. Space is not much of an issue.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

morning,

thanks everyone!It did feel good running yesterday. I told my friend that I finally felt like my old self again running. she said maybe I needed to back down in order to recooperate. I said we'll see how I feel next time, this might be a fluke. I hope not. the weather helped though, it was gorgeous here in ohio. not too cold,not too warm, just right, I loved it!!! I told her what a beautiful day, she said I never thought I'd hear that from you because before last winter I never ran in the cold because of my asthma. I told her I probably wouldnt last long and here I am today running in the winter! It felt great!!!

susan- hope you had fun shopping. I went both saturday and sunday. It was kind of crazy.

carole-when I type stuff to you guys that is personal, my husband thinks I'm weird. he says, you dont know those people. I told him we all chat about our lives with each other. I guess most people think you have to be face to face to consider them friends.

laurie-my eating has been soooo bad the last 3 months. I need to get it under control and get these extra few pds off. I cant seem to do it though. I told myself after the holidays I have no excuse. I also want to try the p90x rotation.

I have to get the kids up for school, I so wanted to sleep in this morning. talk with everyone later!!

Hi Judy.

Hope you had a good weekend away.

No good eating plans in place here. I'm just crossing my fingers that it will turn out good in the end. LOL

I have no rec's on an elliptical but good luck in the search for the one that you want!:)

I feel like I shouldn't be posting on the Cheetah thread today but there is no 'Slug' thread so here I am;-) I slept like cr@p last nightx( but the upside is that I don't work today. We got our tree up yesterday and it looks beautiful but the living room looks like Christmas exploded in it. I'll deal with it after I work out. Some mice had a party in one of my Christmas boxes and the little critters chewed my stocking to shreds!!! I was relieved that my kids stockings were untouched, they are gorgeous hand mades, cross stitched by my Mom. Today is LowMax and then I may add on the B&G floorwork. I need to stretch this tired body out so I'll do some yoga as well.

Cathy, okay then, it's a double date, you and Don Julio and me and Jose Cuervo, two northern Girls with their South of the Border Boys}( :) Sundays are just made for snacking, I was doing well then my Mom came up with samples of her Christmas baking, cookies, chocolate biscotti and banana, cherry bread. So good going down but then x( :( ;( Today will be a better day though!!!!

Wendy, I haven't done any P90X but have been impressed to hear how many people who dislike yoga don't mind the P90X yoga. I hope it's the same for you, yoga can be really challenging and great body/mind work. I love the pic of Joey, sooo cute!

Judy, butternut squash risotto?!? :9 sound heavenly :9. Everything you mentioned sounds tasty and so good for you! :)

Laura, yesterday was lovely and mild here as well, too bad I didn't even venture outside until 4:30. It's funny I used to feel the same as your DH, until I found this forum I never thought I could actually connect with cyber people but here we are. I love the positivity, support and humour we can share here. Tell your DH I said 'Hey!!!':7

Okay, I'm off to work these legs!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Susan...I hope things go well at your PT visit today. Thanks...I do feel for my friend, I know it has to be rough this time of year.

Cathy...I checked thru my A-Jock workouts I have on my PC and couldn't find the veinmaker. Hopefully Mattea will come around and tell us! I didn't eat all that well yesterday either! Monday is a better day for me...:)

Wendy...I wonder what that movie is about? Enjoy your run and GS legs. When I did P90X I often subbed a shorter yoga for YogaX...

Judy...I would say to check with Elaine about an Elliptical. She has a Precor which I feel is one of the best made ones out there. I got the Nordic Track Space saver on for small space issues and it was alot lower priced than a Precor, which was better for my budget...:)

Laura..that is great you felt like your old self running again.

Laurie....thats funny as I made the "feel like a slug myself" comment to my sister yesterday!! Either I was really tired or my weight is affecting my long runs, yesterday was tough! Sorry about the mice chewing your stocking. I got some decorating done yesterday. I hope to get my cards out today.

I will be doing GS chest, back and shoulders, abs and an iClimb workout on my Elliptical.

Have a great day...

Hey Cheetahs!
Another bad eater here. This weekend I was terrible. I didn't w/out friday or saturday. I went to lunch at the Macaroni Grill, and I didn't eat light! Then I had cookies on top of it that night! Oh well I am going to get back on track this week. I ran y'day. UMMM 6 miles even though I shouldn't have run that much. I just kept truckin along because it was nice and a running is always a stress reliever for me. Today I woke up and did 45 min of yoga. Yay! Inhale is back on the air. I know you all love Bryan Kest or is it Krest? Anyway I love Steve Ross! Ok it is gonna be BM2 today. The whole thing because I was bad over the weekend! Have a great day all!

Cathy, Have you seen Mean Girls? I watched it sat. night. Are girls that mean in schools today? I don't remember it being that bad when I was in school.

Wendy, Enjoy GS legs. Hope you have a good run!

Judy, sounds like you have a good eating plan for today! I don't know much about ellipticals, sorry. Hope you enjoyed your w'end away.

Laura, Glad to hear your run went well. I am kind of a wimp when it comes to running outside in the winter.

Laurie. Mice!!! I would have freaked. Did you see any or just what they did? Enjoy lo-max today!

Hi to everyone who stops by today.
LD

Good morning! After we walk DD to school DH and I will be running 8 miles together. I don't think we have run together since before St. George so it will be a fun change of pace. I only managed to do PUB as far as workouts go. It was a busy day. We went to see a musical that a woman DH works with highly recommended. For the four of us to go it cost $77 and it sucked! The performances themselves were good but the story was not. The things that $77 could have bought......

I have to take DS to school right now. I'll come back and post personals after my run.

Good morning cheetahs,

I posted personals last night, so check it out:)

I am going to my physical therapy appointment today, so I am taking my rest day today. I did Muscle Max last night with light weights for the lower body and heavy for upper and it was a great workout! I really enjoy that one. My sciatica was fine during it and it feels pretty good this morning.

My daughter has a b-day party today at Pump it up, which is a place where kids just jump on the inflatable trampoline type things. It is going to be very noisy with 25 4-5 year olds in a room, UGH!!! She is super excited though because she has a little crush on this boy Nate. So, I have a fairly busy day.

My eating is still pretty much on track, YAY!! The weekends are always the hardest for me.

Cathy, Isn't it funny how on track our eating can be and then WHAM something sets it off. Let the oinking stop! I have to save calories for my cookie party on Saturday. There is no clean eating there}( Enjoy Butts and Gutts. That one is my fave.

Wendy, I am laughing at the cheetah girl movie you saw. My 8 year old wants it desperately. It is about a young group of girls who start a band called the cheetah girls. It is on the disney channel. You would be bored to tears. Enjoy your run and gs legs.

Judy , that sounds like one healthy day. I always have at least 2 apples a day. I like the green ones. As far as elliptical, I have heard the precor elliptical efx is a great one to get.

Laura, what workout is on tap for you today miss 7 mile runner:)

Laurie, glad you got your xmas stuff out. We have rats in our attic- it is disgusting when we go up there. Have fun with low max. I will have to pull that one out soon. You a sloth, I think not!

Carole, as usual you have a great workout planned. How is your eating? Are you usually pretty clean? I think the weather is making up all sluggish and the crappy food. We cheetahs have to clean things up a bit!

Runnergirl, all of bm2 is a great calorie burn and will burn off those excess calories:) I love Macaroni grill!

Elaine, how nice for you and your hubby to run together. Ron and I used to too before the sciatica. What a bummer to waste your money on a crappy performance. Have a great workout!

Well, I think that is everyone. Have a great day ladies and awesome workouts! Let's all stay out of the kitchen today!

Cheers!

Susan

Hey all! I’m having internet connection issues at home again (AT&T is getting on my nerves!), so I wasn’t ignoring y’all yesterday. I did BMax 2 Scrambled Eggs without the weights, and I think it’s harder that way actually!). I also FINALLY finished GS Shoulders and BMax 2 abs. That was yesterday. Today I did GS Chest, then the drills from Cardio Kicks, and PlyoX. Glad I only have weights tomorrow!

Our friend’s girlfriend was sweet, but she has never known any Indians, never had Indian food, or anything. She’s from a really small town in West Virginia, and I think she just really wants to get out of that town and will do anything to get out. She wants to move now (they’ve only been together three times) even though she has to finish her nursing degree – she wants to finish here. Jerish, my friend, is encouraging her to stay and finish so he can get to know her better. She also has a 3 yo DD, which is fine, but Jerish has no kids and is pretty social. They don’t seem to have a lot in common. Maybe I’m just being overly cautious, but alarm bells are ringing. I’d hate to see Jerish mistreated. He is a wonderful guy.

I have to get to work, but I will be back for personals later!! Hopefully I’ll be able to walk today!

OK. I'm back! I'll bet you are all thinking "That was fast!" The idea of running 8 miles with DH sounded fabulous in theory but did not work out quite the way I intended. DH has fresh legs and I have stale legs. Let's just say that a 9:00 pace was a tad too fast for me this morning. I managed an 8:40 pace on Saturday but I think I used everything I had doing that. I bailed at 3 miles and now here I am. I *must* get it through my head that I cannot expect to run like the wind a week after a marathon.

Cathy, How long is your winter break? My kids are out for three weeks. My DH doesn't think it's weird for me to have online friends. He just thinks it's a sign of the times that I do. A in instead of having lots of neighbors to chat with I have cyber friends. He was teasing me about the cards I have gotten from places I've never been before from people I have never seen (except for Christine). The other thing is that he is a man and men just do not generally socialize like women do and so I am sure that he would never make friends with people online.

Wendy, I went to Target yesterday too. DH was with me and so the shopping experience was not all it could have been. He's just not much into shopping.

Judy, As Carole mentioned I do have a Precor elliptical. It is the cheapest model but it was still $2800 on sale. I got the one without the arm things because the salesman assured me that I would want the crossramp since I was using it for cross training with my running. I never really felt the elliptical hitting different muscles as I adjusted the ramp until after I ran St. George when my muscles were very sore. Oh boy, could I feel it in my sore quads when I moved the ramp to where it indicates that the focus is on the quads. Another good thing about the Precor is the warranty. It's something like 1 year labor, 10 years parts and wear items, lifetime on the frame and welds. Mine has only 4 programs but that's been enough to suit my needs. I usually just use the quick start or manual program and adjust tension and the ramp as I want. There you go! A book about my Precor!!! Hope it helps.

Laura, Awesome 7 mile run the other day. I hope this is going to be the norm for you! I did finally get my eating in check after 5 days of eating lots and lots of junk. The memory of how bad I felt is fresh in my mind so today I cannot imagine doing that in the near future. But you probably know how that can go.

Laurie, I did mange to finish up my Christmas decorating yesterday. Now I have tons of presents to wrap.

Christine, My alarm bells are ringing too and I don't even know your friend!

Carole, Sometimes those runs are just tough! And you were running in the rain so don't forget to consider that.

Susan, That Pump it up place sounds like fun and a perfect place for a birthday party. When is your DDs birthday and how old is she?

LD, I watched Mean Girls last night too. I hope girls aren't that mean these days although I do remember middle school being a little tough in that area. The group of girls I hung out with were sort of like the plastics and would seem to pick one girl in the group to be "mad" at for a few days, essentially making her life hell. I can't remember being the one on the outs but I do remember being worried about it. Ugh! I hated junior high more than any other time!

I do believe that's everyone for now! Hoping you all have a great Monday. Talk to you later!

Good afternoon!

My work out is done and I am drinking my shake now so I figured it's a good time to catch up on the personals before heading for the shower...

Laurie: I have heard lots of non-yoga folks saying good things about Tony's yoga as well. I am hoping I become one of them! :eek: If not, I guess I can do as much as I can stand, sub in a shorter yoga like Carole has done or atleast do a long stretch in it's place or something. I hope you get those Christmas decos up soon!

Carole: Thanks for the suggestion re YogaX. I'll keep it in mind. Enjoy your work out. I haven't done an IClimb in ages!

LD: Have fun with BM2 and I'm glad you enjoyed your long run as well. Don't fret over the bad eating. It's so common around the holidays but with the way we Cheetahs work out, we'll be fine! We can let everyone else gain the weight for us!}( }( :p :7

Elaine: Sorry you didn't like the show. That's a bummer when you spend the time and the money because you heard good things and you don't like it anyway. ACK! :-( I guess it's different strokes for different folks, ey? :) Enjoy you run!

Susan: Let us know how your appointment goes today. I LOVE MM. It's one of my faves! So I guess I shouldn't buy a copy of "Cheetah Girls" for every Cheetah as a Christmas gift, huh? LOL ;)

Christine: I'm sorry you didn't get a good feeling about your friend's date. I can understand why you feel the way you do though from what you described. I hope he makes the right choice for himself.

Okay, well my shake is done and so are the personals for now so I'm off to get cleaned up and then get crackin' on that nasty thing called house work!x(

Hope to bbl!

Ciao Bellas!:*

Elaine,

Sorry about the run. You got in 3 miles though! It's better then nothing! You are absolutely right though....you need to cut yourself a break and remember that you are HUMAN even though you'd have us think otherwise. ;) :* :+

Okay – back for personals.

Cathy – I hear ya on the sleeping in! I’m so excited that it’s almost December 22nd and the days will start getting longer again. I hate getting up in the dark and driving home in the dark.

Wendy – DD13 gets the Disney Magazine, and I saw Cheetah Girls being advertised a few times – always makes me smile! And yeah, the more I think about Tracy (Jerish’s girlfriend), the more I think that she’s harmless in and of herself – I don’t really get the feeling that she’s after his money – he’s a network engineer for a major networking company, so he does well. I think she’s just looking to escape her current environment, but just because she’s not evil, doesn’t mean she’d make a good match.

Judy – I’ve been bad the last few days with eating, but I, too, am making an effort today. I made up a big pot of Tuscan Bean Soup with Leafy Green veggies yesterday and I have it for lunch today. I’m then making a chick pea casserole (with onions/garlic/tomatoes and parsley) and a salad for dinner. Breakfast was a soy milk smoothie with strawberries and flax, and steel oats with more soy milk. For a snack I’ll have an Amy’s Samosa. Just need to figure out how to add a few more fat calories. That’s where I have a hard time on a vegan diet. Your Risotto sounds fabulous! Want to share the recipe? I can honestly say that this is the first year that I have not gained weight during the holiday! It did take switching to a more vegan diet to accomplish it, but I’m happy.

Laura – Great job on the 7 mile run! I know how hard won that was for you! WAY TO GO!!

Laurie – I’m picturing your living room with ornaments everywhere! I know what a pain it is to get a tree, wrap the #^%$*# lights around it, then get all the boxes out to decorate and then put them all away. It’s crazy! I am really sorry about your stocking, though – it’s hard to lose something so special! Enjoy your workout and your day off!

Carole – Enjoy your workout! Sounds like a good one!

LD – BM2 is a great one to use when you’ve been “bad”! It’s really a calorie burner and it’s FUN! Enjoy. And my DD17 is part of the popular crowd, and they are pretty nasty. They’ll like you for a while, then suddenly you’re out. I’m glad DD13 is not popular!

Susan – on the bright side, she’ll be exhausted when she gets home! We always went to the Discovery Zone – but the good thing is that you could crawl around, too. I used to have fun following her all around those tunnels. I think on clean eating – you just need to strive for a good balance, and keep it sane this time of the year. There are too many temptations, and I think life is too short not to have some of those temptations!

Elaine – I’m laughing at your description of your run! It’s still A LOT faster than I can run. I’m working on that. Thanks, too, for justifying my concerns. As I told Wendy, I really don’t think she’s out to get anything or anyone, but I do think she’s trying to get out of her small town fast, and even if she’s really nice, Jerish may not be the right resource to help her get out of town. I’m seeing some cultural stuff here, too, as Jerish is from a country where they arrange marriages. Usually the couple-to-be meet a few times to make sure they are compatible, then they get married (they both have the right to say no). So, he may be thinking about that. But, his parents haven’t picked the girl based on mutual compatibility. Seriously – there are time when I think arranged marriages are the way to go. Other times, I’m very thankful we don’t have them here!

LOL Christine! My DH feels the same way!}(

BTW, Cheetahs, I sent out part one of my Christmas card list so I guess 5 or 6 of you will be getting cards w/in the next couple of days. I hope to finish it up this week for the rest!:+

Quick check-in from a busy Cheetah w/ a sick cub! :( Kiersten seems to have a bit of a tummy bug or something. I didn't have a chance to check in y'day. It was a busy weekend!! I had to drop my van off this morning to get the paint fixed & pick up my rental van. Then I spent the rest of the morning cleaning & playing w/ the girls! I ended up taking y'day as a rest day, I just needed it! I am still debating what workout to do today, how sad is that?? Both girls are napping so I'd better get to it! Hopefully I can post more later! Have a good one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.