::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 10/23

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Monday, cheetahs :p

Yoga was good yesterday -- more challenging than usual thanks to the DOMS from Saturday's GS CT. Today after school I'm feeling like Boot Camp. I haven't done that one in a little while.

Gonna read the rest of yesterday's posts and pop back in w/ personals.

Have a great day! I'm hopin' I can wake up...Mondays are so hard!
Cathy :)

Catching up from yesterday...

Laurie :: great news about Andy! I know what you mean about the kicking and punching – it seems like when I’m under stress, I really get into to it.

Shelly :: so glad the 9-miler was without incident…Cracked up about the proposed testicular cancer machine. :)

Susan :: I’m doing hatha yoga. I'm glad you are considering having that sciatica looked at...I think it might be time.

LD :: Did you get in a TM run yesterday? Re: yoga...I consider myself a beginner (I recently ret’d to it after many years away and have very little flexibility right now!), but I do like Shiva Rea’s Yoga Shakti DVD. Check out its reviews on amazon and see if it might be right for you.

Carole :: glad you enjoyed your 10-miler. I wound up watching the Eagles game with some friends…I don’t really know much about football…but the Eagles have TANKED in the last two weeks’ games. Watching them is not doing much to spark my interest in the sport...lol!

Wendy :: sorry to hear you were wearing the cranky pants yesterday. Hope things are smoothed over with your DH…don’t sweat the mini-pigout…you have been working like a beast! You'll be making up for those extra cals today, I'm sure!

Elaine-DP :: what is ABB?

Hi to Katrina, Christine and all others who drop in today. Off I go...

cathy :)

Hi!

I just typed this nice little post (and poof!) It is gone!

Here I go again. We were away for the weekend so fogive me for not addressing each of us personally today.

Yesterday I did Eionn Finn Yoga for a nice change. This week I will keep the runs in M, W, F and see when the DVD's ship. If they arrive, I'll have to reserve Tu, Th , Sa for them.

What are the thoughts on the new Dvd's and runs?

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Cheetah gals!

Cathy: I was thinking of doing a circuit this week. I haven't done one in a few weeks. You put BC in my head so that is the one I'll have to do!}( I know we canned the run together but girl, we should really try to GTG anyway just to hang and gab! You seem like such a cool person! I'd love to meet ya! What do ya think? :)

Judy: No worries about the personals. They can be veeery time consuming and such. Aw man I am stoked for the new vids but I also dread them! I already try to fit soooo much into my work out week and now I'll have 4 new vids as well! YIKES!:eek: I really have no clue what I'll do w/them! LOL

So I am considering backing my running down to 2 days per week now. I don't want to lose my gains in running but w/winter coming I think it's a good time to concentrate on my vids and the other cardio offerings at the gym for a while. }(

I made up this week's rotation y'day and put a run and Power class on it for today but with my cold still here I am going to nix the run. I'm not quite sure what I'll do. With my work schedule, etc. making a rotation can drive me mad these days! So many things to work around and consider! It's a wonder I fit it all in! :eek:

I'll be back with more personals after I catch up on y'day's goings on!

Ciao for now!

It's me again...personals this time!:)

Laurie: Oh man I used to hate that when I'd work all week and it would be gorgeous out and then the weekend would finally come and the weather would go bad! ACK! I haven't had a chance to actually USE my Ipod yet! LOL I loaded it up with a batch of new music plus the old stuff. I am also working on making play lists. That's a really cool option!:)

Carole: It must be great to have your sister to run with. I have my friend but she is a working mom who is very busy. It's hard for us to connect.

Shelly: Nice run y'day! I see you are coming back to form these days! YEAH! :) Did you pre-order the new vids? They are supposed to start shipping this week!!!!!}( }( }(

Susan: So have you come down off your cloud from your YP weekend yet? ;) I have his DVD collecting dust. I tried to get into yoga and just couldn't. I guess I'll have to add that one to my collection to put on Ebay when I get around to it. :-(

LD: Oh what fun, buying new clothes for your son! I love buying clothes for my little guy!:+

DarkP: Glad the ABB is working for you!

Katrina: Thanks so much for your kind words regarding my eating! I know a short stint of pigging out won't affect me in the long run but when I work so hard the rest of the time it still gets me down and makes me feel guilty.

Christine: Hopy you enjoyed your rest day. I often take my rest day on Sundays. It's just a day that seems to be meant for that! ;)

Hi Cheetahs--
I've been MIA for awhile. Got my long run in yesterday -- 8 miles preceded by SJP legs with light weights. The combo works well for me and gives me happy legs & back afterwards. Today I'm just doing floorwork, abs, some walking -- and shoulders because they got left out last week.

I'm really behind on personals and hope to catch up this week. I think the new DVDs look like they have a lot of good leg conditioning work to support running. Firewalkers are an exercise I was shown at PT for my hip awhile back and I still do them a few times a week.

Judy--thanks for asking about me! Hope you had a fun weekend away.

Cathy -- BC sounds like a good way to get the week started. I think you bought some new running clothes -- sounds fun!

Wendy -- hard to know how to schedule running and keep up with life -- and a little one. For me, if I don't run at least 3 days a week, then when I run, it's hard. Maybe you can keep 3 days going, but consider cutting back intensity on runs overall, i.e. decrease distances a bit or decrease intensity a bit, but keep the groove going.

Susan-- hope your sciatica is better or if not, Cathy's advice is wise. Time to see a doc. or PT, get it looked at...I did read some of your YP descriptions.. So inspiring that Bryan Kest.
Hope you are still enjoying the glow of being in his presence.

Carole--I got my Garmin -- and it is off by a mile on a known distance. I'm not sure what to do. I am going to drive my distance again with a different car and make sure it's not the car odometer is off.

Shelly-- I met two lovely ladies where I live this week who are nurses. One is critical care and the other cardiac. They both have a lovely spirit like you do!

Hi to everyone else coming by later. I hope to come back for personals. I'm sorry not to say hello by name to everyone! Time to make lunches (ElaineTYR--I have to focus when I pack those lunches....not my fav. thing to do!)

Happy Monday
Barb
:) :) :)

Good Morning:) Woke up to the phone ringing, my heart always skips a beat when it rings that early but it was a pleasant surprise to hear an old friend's voice on the other end calling from Australia:) I think I'll do IMAX-Xtreme for cardio this morning and build on my lats DOMS from yesterday's PowerStrike with some upperbody weights.

Cathy, WAKE UP!!!!!)( sounds like you had a good yoga session, Boot Camp eh? Haven't done that one in too long!

Judy, I was looking at yoga DVDs yesterday and hoping to see some Eionn Finn but there wasn't any:-( Folks around here really seem to enjoy his yoga. It is very exciting that the DVDs will be in our hands so soon!!

Wendy, you do very well to fit it all in!! I haven't been using my i-Pod as much since I backed up on running. I told 15 y.o. Marley that she could put some of her music on mine and use it, you'd have thought I'd given her a shoe box of twenty dollar bills the way she reacted!!

Okay, I started this post over an hour ago, can't seem to get off the darned phone today. I'm off to hide out and sweat it out with my workout!!

Take Care
Laurie :)

Good morning Cheetahs,

I'm popping in for a quick check-in. This morning I did the step portion of MIC, even though that part is only 37 minutes it seems like it takes forever. I love it, it's a great way to get in a quick high intensity workout. Yesterday, I did the Hi/lo portion. Ugh, just the thought of doing the entire video--it's a real calorie killer:D !

Have a great day everyone,

Katrina:)

Good morning cheetahs,

Yesterday was a rest day i could barely lift my arms}( .
Today's workout was jari's slim and lean}( }(

cathy- bootcamp today- you are a brave woman:D

judy- i wish i could get into yoga. i am anxiously awaiting the new vids. not sure how i will fit into a rotation yet.

wendy- i hope you nix that cold quickly. i hate when i don't feel well but my mind is still telling me to do something:) . I was thinking the same thing this morning re: cutting runs down to twice a week. for one thing i hate being out in the cold. so i am a little nervous about the 5k in a few weeks. i guess i will have to go out and buy some cold weather running clothes. sorry you had to cancel your run yesterday.

laurie-great workout choice! how do you like the powerstrikes?

barb- you were missed. great long run!

katrina- good going on burning those calories:)

happy monday ladies....:+

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Sounds like the Yoag workout was nice yesterday. Have fun with BC! I have watched football for a long time. Since I was about 13! I did think Philly was going to win yesterday...and I was surprised the Raiders did...:)

Judy...I have not tried Eionn Finn's yoga...Not sure how I will rotate in the new DVD's...but I am so excited about getting them!

Wendy...so no more races in your future? Have fun with the Power Class...I do most of my runs by myself, but on sundays is when I meet with my sister and friend for a run. We all work different schedules, so it is hard to connect during the week...

Laurie...I agree that early phone calls do get your heart beating!! Nice you got to talk to an old friend..:)

Barb...nice to see you again!! That is bizarre your Garmin was off a whole mile! I think for the most part they are accurate, but I guess the car odometer could be off too...

Katrina...doing ALL of MIC is quite a killer....I haven't done that one in years.

Not sure if I'll do my Elliptical this morning or a run. I have a massage at 8:30 tomorrow so a run before is out....I'll figure something out...:)

Have a good day...

Laurie—early morning or late night phone rings always make my mind rush to “worst case” scenarios. I’m glad it was your friend in Australia! We had some family friends go to Australia for 2 years and they loved it there. Have fun with I-Max Xtreme! Eek! Sounds hard!}(

Katrina – I love the step portion of MIC. Thanks for reminding me to pull that out. I think there are “sashays” that are fun…I like to do half-tapes, too. Helps me get over the mental dread factor.:)

Sunny – thanks for the hello! How do you like Jari? I’ve been on the fence about buying her DVDs forever. I missed previous posts, so you must have really worked hard to get that much DOMS. Go girl go!:)

Carole – I agree that it would be odd for the Garmin to be off by that much. I am wondering if there is something with the area I live in & satellites that is goofy. I will check a 2nd car later and use it a few more times before making a decision. The redesigned wristband though is oodles more comfy than the 205 I had before. Have a great massage!:)

Christine—how’s your new job? How is fitting in exercise going? Sorry if you have answered this before. I’ve missed too many posts.:)

-Barb
:)

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check-in before I go on a field trip with my 4 year old and her class. I will not be able to get a workout in today because of no time left after the trip. That is okay though. I may get some yoga in tonight with hubby. I felt great after yesterdays workout. I liked doing step blast on a 6 inch step instead of 8 inch. I had plenty of energy left to do all of ME.

Judy, I was wondering also how all the cheetahs are going to get the running in with the new vids. I personally am going to focus on the new vids for awhile like Wendy. I will probably run 1 or 2 times a week.

I will be back later with more personals. Have a great day!

Oh and Wendy, putting Bryan on E-bay is a huge sin...shame shame;-)

Susan

Good Morning all. Busy morning for me. Went to the Y to sign son up for basketball and gymnastics. It was so crowded there this am. Got my run in yesterday. Today I am thinking maybe The Gauntlet. I love that workout! Everyone have a great monday!

Cathy. I love bootcamp! Have fun with it! Do you live near Philly? I watched the game too. They didn't deserve to win that one I am sorry to say. I live in Lansdale not too far from the city.

Judy. Have a good run. I am so excited for the dvds. Hoping to get to do at least one before my inlaws from Indiana get here this week end.

Wendy. Hope the cold gets better. My son has one too and I have been drinking airborne hoping to avoid it myself!

Laurie. I love Imax extreme. I like the cardio sections from cardio and weights. They are just so much fun to me!

Hi Barb. I don't think we have met yet. I am LaDonna aka LD.

Katrina. hope you had a great workout.

SunnyD. Aren't rest days wonderful when you are really sore? Have a good day.

McM. A massage sounds nice. I have never had a professional one.

Singing G. I wish my hubby would do yoga with me. Sounds like a fun way to spend time together. I have to force the man to walk on the TM 3x a week!

LD

Good morning, cheetahs!!

I got back from SF late last night (my friend and I decided we wanted to sleep in our own beds last night--although the beds at the hotel were oh-so-comfy :)). I am sore, but no more than one would expect, so all in all I am doing well. I am DEFINITELY going to be taking it easy for the next few months, though LOL. No more race training for at least 6-7 months, not until the next TnT summer season. My body could use the rest!

The run was HARD, I'm not going to lie. It was probably my hardest run of the entire season--and that includes Maui, which was very hot and humid. The hills in this one really knocked the wind out of me. If I had to estimate, about 1/3 - 1/2 of the course was hills, and I walked ALL of them. Didn't even try to run them because I wasn't going any faster than I could walk anyway and besides, my heart rate was going so fast when I was running them that I was afraid I was going to pass out.

Thing is, it's really my fault it was so hard. I had fatigued myself by running Maui and San Jose just weeks prior; I wasn't eating as well as I should/could have; I didn't hydrate enough in the days leading up to it; and I hadn't been sleeping well in the last few days, and the night before the race I got maybe 4 hours of sleep because I was so nervous.

So... needless to say, I did not beat my PR LOL. Then again, I wasn't looking to. I knew the hills would be horrendous and I'd have to walk them, and I also knew that if at any point I had to use the restroom, that would add (at least) 10 minutes to my time, because there was always a line to use a porta-potty. Well, my expectations were right: I walked every hill and I did have to stop to use the porta-potty once, which added about 10 minutes to my time. BUT, amazingly enough, despite all of that, I still did pretty decently (for me, anyway LOL). My final time (based on my watch) was ~ 3:08, which is still faster than my Maui time of 3:14, and if you take away the 10 minutes added from going to the porta-potty, is within 10 minutes of my PR of 2:47.

I'll get 'em next time. I'm just happy I finished, because honestly, there were MANY moments throughout the thing that I just wanted to quit. But all along the course were amazing TnT people who were cheering us on, and posters and pictures of the cancer patients and cancer survivors we were running for. I really, truly could not have finished without them. At the season wrap-up party tomorrow night, I am going to have to give them hugs and thank them for getting me through.

As you might guess, no workout for me today LOL. I just want to rest and give my body a chance to recover. I'm also either suffering from bad allergies or coming down with a cold, so that needs some tending to as well. Fun ;).

Everyone have a happy Monday!

Jennifer

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

My first day of the Jan rotation – I did BootCamp and the last five intervals of Imax 2 (I was supposed to do the first five, but they aren’t as fun!). I haven’t done BootCamp straight through in forever – forgot how fun it is… Got a lot done yesterday, but had no time to really check in, sorry!

Cathy – a good yoga class can really give me DOMS, but in a different way – I feel ultra stretched. I like that.

Judy – Oh I hate that!! I’m praying the DVDs come, too. I’m waiting to get them so I can rearrange my rotation a bit!

Wendy – looks like BootCamp day!! I’m actually cutting running back to three days a week. So, I know the feeling. I just want to enjoy so many other workouts, too! Hope you’re feeling better today!

Shelly – I’m with you on the testicular cancer machine – they ought to have to undergo SOME trauma for being men. I mean, heck, they even get to live with US – how lucky can they get? *winks*

Laurie – so glad your early morning phone call was all smiles!! Sounds like a great workout you have on tap!

BARB!!! Good to see you!!! Did not get to San Francisco this weekend because it was crazy there! Oracle is having a huge convention, the Nike Woman’s marathon was there, and there were several other things going on. I’d never find parking! Sorry! I so wanted to see your friend’s jewelry! As for exercise – well, I don’t WANT to work out at 5AM, but I find that if I just go get dressed and don’t give myself an option, by the time I’m through the warm up I’m feeling good and ready to go. I do like knowing I got it in and over with before work – I feel like I can relax now… :p

Katrina – that’s a good step workout!

Sunny – Nice to be well rested and worked out on a Monday, isn’t it?!

Carole – Enjoy your elliptical or run this morning! Glad to see the Raiders finally won one!! That was a good game.

Susan – recovering from your “ordeal” with Mr. YP? Great job on the workout – I just recently upped my step from 6 to 8”. I sometimes wish there were a 7” option… 6 feels too low and 8 too high. :p

LD – Love the Gauntlet! That’s one of my favorites!! Enjoy it!

Jennifer – WAY TO GO!!! I am very, very impressed with your 3 half’s in 5 weeks! You are a crazy cheetah!! You won, you know!! I posted on Saturday that one of the things about an endurance event is that the main competitor you have is yourself. It’s tough to keep on going when your entire body is screaming to stop, but you did! So, you won this one, too – you should be so darned proud! When you’re ready to run again, email me! {{{HUGS}}} http://forum.rilngard.net/emoticons/hifive.gif

G'morning Cheetahs! Late checkin from me, it was a busy morning! Allison & I headed to Wal*mart after the girls went to school. I got the primer & paint for the living room & some groceries to get us through the week! The carpet is pulled up in the living room & it's bare in there so it will be easy to paint at least!! We'll start the flooring tonight, Greg's friend Jon is coming to help also. (it's the Pergo-type snap together wood flooring) It's going to look awesome when it's done, for now things are a disaster!!! But... I can handle it, really I can!! :eek:

So.... if you don't see me around much it's because I'm busy painting, laying flooring, and doing other home renovations!!

I plan on doing GS C & T this afternoon when I need a break! ;-) At least my bedroom is still clean (that's where I have my weights & tv) so I can workout in peace in there!!

Have a great Monday!

Susan—the field trip sounds fun and the day rest will probably help. I like using a 6-inch step, too – it is a nice change. I’m impressed you can do ME after SB!! I’d have to do it later in the day!

LaDonna—Hi Runnergirl! Nice to met you. How old is your DS? I have a 13yo and 10yo boys…Good job on your run yesterday and have fun with Gauntlet.

Jennifer—you deserve a rest, girl! Amazing job doing so many races in a short time. A very big accomplishment.

Christine—Sounds like a fun weekend. No biggy about the show—it would be more fun to meet ME than my buddy!! Glad your early a.m. exercise is working out and that you are enjoying the new job. Life is good. I hurled myself onto the treadmill this a.m. even though I wanted to just lie on the floor – and after a half mile, I can get into a workout. But it’s harder some days than others!

Jess—busy Cheetah. Have fun with all your house fix-up projects. I bet the floor will look bee-yoo-tee-ful when you’re done.

Have a great rest of the day, ladies!
Barb

Barb - had it been you who was there, I'd have moved heaven and earth (and a few parked cars) to see you! :)

Jess - Wow! You ARE a busy Cheetah! Check in just to let us know what's up! I'm dying to hear how things are going!

Hey Ladies!

I'm back from the gym. DS and I have eaten lunch. DS is sleeping. I am now doing laundry and relaxing w/my coffee. AAAAaaaahhhhhh!:9 :+

BTW---The IPOD is soooo freakin' cool! I LOVE IT!!! I downloaded a set of 25 80's songs off of Itunes y'day! All of the music I grew up with! I listened to some of it today. AWESOME!

I only had time for a 2 mile run before class but it felt great! Class was awesome...as usual!}(

Laurie: You have sore lats too? My lats have been ON FIRE since friday's Jari and kickbox work out! Hurts so good!}(

Barb: Nice work outs! Sorry you haven't been able to come out and play with us Cheetahs more often! Hopefully you'll get a week where it's calm enough that you can keep up for a bit! :+

Katrina: I haven't done MIC in full yet. I did like you. One day I did the step and the next the hi/lo. I am too chicken to do the entire thing just yet!:p

Sunny: NICE upper body DOMS you had there girl! WOOH!}( I feel much better today. I wish I didn't have to miss the race but that's life, right? Don't worry about your race...you'll be so excited that you won't even notice the cold!!!:+

Carole: Bite your tongue!!! There are most definately more races in my future! LOL I don't know if there will be any this winter but come a bit warmer weather I plan to up my running and start training for that half, girl! }( }( }(

Susan: LOL, I knew you wouldn't approve of my Ebaying Mr. YP!:p

LD: Thank goodness I feel better today. Hopefully this cold is just a quick one!!! Have fun w/the Gaunlet!}( }( }(

Jennifer: Congrats on your half! I think you did SUPERBLY considering what you were up against! ^5's to you girl!!!!:+ Rest well and get rid of whatever is ailing you! I got it too so we can get rid of it together! LOL

Christine: Oh lord! BC PLUS 1/2 of Imax 2!?!? WOW! I don't know if I could do that! Good for you! I don't neccessarily WANT to cut back on my running but in light of the new work outs and how many other things I like to squeeze in there, it WOULD help to cut back for a time. I've come a long way in 6-7 months w/my running. I am very happy with my progress. So long as I don't loose it I will be satisfied until it's time to pick it back up again! Come the warmer weather I am going to start my half training! WOOH! I decided to wait. I think I'm better off. :)

Jess: Happy home renovating!!! I wanted to lay pergo in my livingroom but in light of us wanting to get out of here as soon as we can, DH was not thrilled with the idea of spending the $. I thought it could add to the value of the house for when we sell but that didn't convince him. Men can be such pains!!! LOL :p

Wendy- Hope that your afternoon break is peaceful! The Ipod is a great workout aid!

Jes- Home renovations are so much fun. Well at least the end part reslut is... How are your ailments?

Carole- a massage tomorrow! fantastic!

Christine- I did the January rotation in January with about 10 more pounds on me than now, then I learned to run. That rotation along with good eating choices really was the beginning of a change in myeating and working out patterns.

Jennifer- enjoy your much needed rest day.

LD- I like the Gauntlet too!

Susan- SB followed by ME what a day! Does your DH really do yoga with you?

Katrina- MIC is a goodie; I haven't done it entirely in ages! But I like the way it gradually increases in intensity.

Barb- 8 miles after SJP legs? How light do you go on the weights? I liketo keep the weights light too on legs or else I can't seem to run well.

This morning was 6 dog-gone-hilly-cold-windy miles and a good strech

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.