::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 9/11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs...

Getting us started here. Not sure what the workout's gonna be this afternoon. I do have some errands to run after school and some work to tackle tonight, so it may be a time crunch. Will play by ear and try to get SOMETHING in.

Strong runs to everyone...
Cathy :)

Good morning Cathy and all the cheetahs who follow,
Todays W/O is shoulders, calves, abs, and I think I may do some intervals from IMAX 2 for cardio. LOL Cathy:+ You'll get soemthing in. I know you will. HEy you know running errands is kinda like cardio isn't it?!?!?!

Hi to every other cheetah!!:)
Will be back later after school

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Good morning Cathy & Adri and all who follow:)

I'm early today, so here goes: I did a new workout by Greg Sims "Cardio Stack, Core Attack", it uses a resistance band, great floor and core WO. Then, I followed that by a 1.25 quick treadmill run and one segment of Ellen Barrett's new Weight Loss Pilates WO. I'll do some stength work later at the gym.

Have a great day everyone,

Katrina

Good Morning Katrina!
Great W/O so fare Katrina!! Core Attack sounds fun}( Keep up the great work cheetah!!!

I'll be back later after school. Hi to every other cheetah here!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hi Cheetahs.

Today is a rest day for me but I will take the jogging stroller out for it's maiden voyage. I want to see how heavy it is, how it handles and how Joey likes it!:) If I have time tomorrow I may go for a short run w/Joey in the afternoon. }(

Have to go let my dog in the house....BBL!:)

Hey Cheetahs!!
I don't have to leave here for another 10 mins so I'll be on for a few more mins. I decided to do IMAX 2 after school then go to the gym for shoulder, calves, and abs. Hope everyone has killer W/O!!}(

Wendy- Enjoy your rest day girl;-) A hard workin cheetah like you needs to rest:7 What kind of dog do you have? Just curious.

have a great day cheetahs. Be back around 3

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Another quick checkin from busy Cheetah!! I just got the girls off on the bus & now Allison & I have to go pick up Greg from work & take him to his Dr's appt. Just a quick checkup to make sure the surgery went ok, I guess! Then we'll run some errands & home to laundryMax as usual! ;-)

It looks like a yucky day, supposed to rain later. Just Pilates & stretching on tap for me today. Trying to rest & take it easy.

Adri ~ I do Winsor Pilates. I do a variety of the workouts, abs, buns/ thighs, and then some of the longer total body workouts (ball workout, sculpting circle, etc). I love them!

OK, gotta run so have a great Monday!

Hugs,

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...got your email...I have time today so I should get something worked out for you...:)

Adri...enjoy your workout. Imax2 is a fun one..

Katrina...I have those short on time days too!....drives me nuts...sounds like a good workout so far today...:)

Wendy...have fun with the stroller voyage. I think Joey will enjoy going with you...:)

Colleen...that is nice your DH ran with you...and remembered the distance...:)

Jess...enjoy your easy day with Pilates.

I'll be doing about an hour on my Elliptical between iClimb and another shorter program. Then this afternoon is P90X Chest, Shoulders and tris and also some abs...

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs

Today was a 6.5 mile run here in my town. I couldn't meet my buddies for a rune because they were running too far away for me. I didn't want to take 20" to drive to and 20" to drive home. My run ended up being very hilly again. It was a new route. It felt longer than 6.5 though and it took 70" including walking .3 at the beginnig and .3 at the end.

I also did the leg exercises from my PT.

I hope everyone is taking a minute today to remember the tragedies of 9/11/01. ~~God Bless America~~~

Have a positive day runners!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Cheetahs! Scheduled rest day from running today but I had fun with CTX upper body and a lovely yoga session. Felt good after yesterday's long run, a little tender in the ankles (as usual) but they have definitely gotten better and aclimated somewhat to the demands of increased mileage. Spent yesterday debriefing and going to open houses with my half marathon partner Ruth and my Girls. It was a lot of fun to hang out. I should have stayed home to CleanMax the house before my brother's arrival but ultimately I don't think he really cares if the house is spic and span. I'll tuck the piles of paper under the couch and we'll be good to go;-) :+ :7

Cathy, too bad the pants shopping was an exercise in frustration. You wouldn't think finding brown pants would be a challenge but I find the same thing when I go shopping with something very specific in mind.

Adri, enjoy IMAX 2, such a FUN workout. I've come to really love pliee jacks.}(

Katrina, nice workout!

Wendy, have fun breaking in the stroller! Thanks for your encouragement yesterday, it means a lot to a Cheetah who sometimes wonders if she's bitten off more than she can chew;-) :)

Carole, sounds like a bit of everything for you. I'm hoping to get to Costco this week to see if they carry Aquaphor. My bra gave me some wicked chaffing at the upper chest yestday x( Funny how I never know about these things until I hit the shower then YOWZA!!

Judy, sounds like a good run, hills and all!

Later Ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hello ladies!

I am going to do Power yoga with Baron Baptiste today. I am feeling pretty good after my 10 miler. I thought I would be really sore. I thought it would be good to take an active rest since I need to rest up a little for my 10k 6 days,YIKES!!!! Good news though, my hubby is going to run it with me. I don't know why, but I was feeling a little nervous about it and he said he would join me to support me.

Cathy, have fun with your errands and getting a workout in.

Adri, I love Imax 2. Have a good one devoted Cheetah!

Katrina, Sounds like an awesome workout.

Wendy, enjoy your rest day and I bet Joey will LOVE the new stroller!

Jess, have fun with your pilates. I have never tried pilates.

Carole, looks like another great workout for you. I have never in my life been on an eliptical. Is this intensity as high as running or Cathe videos? That is probably a dumb question since this is you I am talking to!!!!

Judy, great run!!!! Yes, you are right, we DEFINITLEY need to remember the ones that were lost on this day years ago. Thanks for reminding us.

Have a wonderful day gals and I will be back later.

Susan

:9 :9

Hey Ladies!

Another quick note - tomorrow I'm back full time. Leaving today - in about 1/2 an hour - for the New Bern Airport (I think it has 1 runway, and the plane will hold about 25 people). Windy here - I think we dealing with the very edges of Hurricane Florence. The waves are really rough, but it's beautiful. I'm going to miss it here - although I am longing for some good cooking that is not fried.

Some quick personals - I hope I don't insult anyone by not including you - I am thinking of y'all!

Carole - so happy to hear about John! That's really good news.

Wendy - the jogging stroller is not as bad as you'd think, unless you tackle a really hilly area. I think you'll really enjoy it. And you'll get a nice back workout, too! :+ Have fun and let us know how it goes.

I forget who asked about hush puppies (Cathy? Adri?) Hush puppies are basically corn bread bites that have been deep fried instead of baked. Very good, but not very healthy!

Well, I'm off to do some last minute stuff for dad, then it's off to the airport... Enjoy ladies! And I'll chat with y'all tomorrow!

Hi girls.

We are back from our walk. I am confused...The stroller does not turn with out MAJOR effort. Who the heck runs in straight line all of the time!? LOL How do I deal with that or is that an option on most that can be changed??? I know on my regular stroller you can choose to keep the front wheels from turning if you want. HELP!

It's not heavy at all but it will be awkward for me to push something at first. Joey liked it but he loves going for walks so I never thought he'd complain anyway! LOL

One more question...when I run outside I run in the street b/c sidewalks are no good-too hard. Is it cool to run with the stroller in the street? I feel like I would be doing something wrong. Am I being paranoid? When I walk with him I am always on the sidewalk...

Hi Cheetahs. I plan to do High Step Training today.
We stayed up way too late last night so I'm dragging.
Wendy. I think running with a jogging stroller should count as a double work out! I know your son will love it.
Bye and God Bless.
Colleen

Hey Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
I'm back from school. It was ok today. The only good part was I signed up for indoor track for winter spots. LOVE indoor track!! Last year I did the half mile, 240, and shotput (thought that I'm always lifting weights and med balls that I should be good at this}() I accually didn't do that bad. I came in 4th for all around out of 4 schools who did shotput. Anyway, so personals:

Wendy- Awwww he (or she) sounds sooo cute!!! I only have a cat but would LOVE to get a dog like that. He must be your little companion ha:D

Jess- My Mom has Winsor Pilates too. She has the Fat Burning W/O with the ab routine, the 10 minute sculpting thingy with the circle and the 20 minute pilates W/O. I heard they make like other tapes too. Sounds great. Hope it goes well for you:)

Carol- Have a great W/O cheetah!!!!:D Your doing great girl;-)

Judy- Great W/O too cheetah!! Keep up the good work;-) I took a moment today too to pray for those who sacraficed their lives to save the ppl of 9/11. Terrible. Take care!

Laurie- You gotta love those plie jacks}(}( I'm glad you had a loveley W/O today w/ CTX and yoga!! Hope you enjoy your rest day from running! A hard workin cheetah like you needs her down time;-)

Susan- Girl your in such great shape, EVERYONE here is in fatastic shape from running that you ain't ganna be wicked sore. Hope you kick a$$ in your 10k!!}(

Christine- Sending you ((((((((HUGS)))))))) I'm ganna miss you cheetah:-( :-( take care!

Colleen- Haev fun counting your sweat drops during HSTA}( Report back if you can. No I' JK. Have fun!

have a great afternoon cheetahs! I'm off to do IMAX 2 downstairs, then am going to the gym later for shoulders, calves, and abs. Then I'll be back later for one more check in and then do homework. Yuck
x( take care!

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Hey Adri! Glad you had a good day at school. Indoor track sounds like fun, I'm sure you'll do great w/ all of that muscle, girl! :) Have fun w/ IMAX 2, I don't have a step & don't have any of the IMAX's but I'd love to try them out!

I did the Winsor Advanced sculpting circle w/o this afternoon (it's about 35 min). Yep, I have the regular 20 & 10 min workouts also & ab sculpting, and yes there are more!! I'm actually ON the infomercial for the sculpting circle w/o's, if you've ever seen it on tv. I had some great results losing weight using it!

Anyway, have a great workout & have fun doing homework. :7

Hugs,

Hmmmmm.... strange about the jogger! Mine turns really easily, but mine's a jogger/ bike trailer thingy. Can you loosen the wheels or something to make it turn easier?? What kind of a jogger did you get? It really isn't so bad once you get used to it, but yes you will be a bit slower running w/ it.

I don't know what to tell you about running on sidewalks, I don't have any to run on (I run out in the country). I think you'd be fine running on the road as long as it isn't too busy? I think you'll love it once you get the hang of it! Glad Joey likes it too!

Hugs,

Well, I got Greg to his appt this morning in the POURING rain. I'm glad I picked him up & drove him or else he would have been completely drenched walking all of the way to his car & back (they are having parking shortages at work & are building another huge parking deck). Anyway, all is well w/ him & the Dr. said he's just fine!

Then I called my best friend & we ended up meeting at Panera for coffee. It was nice & Allison was happy because I got her a blueberry muffin. ;-) I got a whole grain bagel & hazelnut coffee- yum! Then we had to run some errands & came home for lunch & cleaning. I got the floors mopped & bathrooms clean. ;-) I need to take my 7yo out shopping for some new fall clothes tonight, nothing fits her from last year! Luckily, my 5yo can wear a lot of her hand-me-downs so she should be set.

I did WP Advanced sculpting circle workout- I forgot how much I love that one. I feel nice & stretched out now. :) Trying to take it easy, man this taper thing is hard! Only 4 miles to run tomorrow, and I'm going to run alone (well, w/ Mikey the dog!) after I drop Allison off at preschool. That will be nice!!!

OK, have a great afternoon/ evening!

Hugs,

>Hmmmmm.... strange about the jogger! Mine turns really
>easily, but mine's a jogger/ bike trailer thingy. Can you
>loosen the wheels or something to make it turn easier?? What
>kind of a jogger did you get? It really isn't so bad once you
>get used to it, but yes you will be a bit slower running w/
>it.
>
>I don't know what to tell you about running on sidewalks, I
>don't have any to run on (I run out in the country). I think
>you'd be fine running on the road as long as it isn't too
>busy? I think you'll love it once you get the hang of it!
>Glad Joey likes it too!
>
>Hugs,

I got the Instep runaround jogger model # ks107. I just emailed the company w/my question. I'll let you know what they say!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.