Cheetahs Mon 5/28

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning cheetahs,

I am up early this morning as i am going into the gym to train a few clients.

the plan for today is icyclestength.

laurie- yes we are}(

BBL....

Morning!:) Nice to see the typically early bird Cheetahs enjoying a late holiday morning:) I've got some early appointments then I'm hoping to saddle up for a 35K bike ride along Lake Ontario, perfect temps, cool and sunny and just a light breeze. We have a BBQ later for all of the exchange students, should be fun. I bleached DD Elizabeth's red hair blonde yesterday, I was so afraid that I would mess it up but she looks gorgeous, she wants to be platinum blonde for her prom in a month so she's well on her way:)

Sunny, sounds like you hit the floor running today, hope you get the chance to relax and enjoy the day later on:)

Later Cheetahs

Take Care
Laurie:)

Good morning, cheetahs!! :)

Laurie :: I’m with you ~ Usually, I will only run in the rain if it is relatively warm…Sounds like a great party thrown for Elizabeth…Thanks for the info on CM/CK!…That’s odd about the bruises. I have lifted heavier while on the X rotation but never noticed any bruising…Squeeze is worth a look.

Carole :: hope you enjoyed a good run on the new trail…it is nice to change things up...so, how “interesting” was the BBQ?

Sunny :: what are the DOMS in the bi’s from? I will PM you.

Christine :: wow! You did a Have Mercy for TWO hours???...Mmm, I love me a good BBQ!!!

Today I start my BBC/Cathe rotation…so it’ll be Arms & Abs and a DM premix. I’m a little stiff this morning. On yesterday’s run, I turned my ankle (I actually do this often, and it’s never a big deal, but for some reason, it feels kinda stiff today.) My back's also a bit tight – I was helping my father with his pond project yesterday – digging a trench to run the electric and lifting super-heavy stones. I would have loved to have that hot stone massage TODAY instead of next Saturday.

Well, I took my final X pics, and looking at them side by side, I can definitely see a transformation. Now, I didn't get ripped from it, but I did make *some* progress and I definitely got stronger. I went down a size in pants and think it brought out my tri's a little more. Interstingly, my measurements fluctuated. In all fairness, my eating was consistently inconsistent throughout the 90 days, so I'm sure I could have had even better results if I had been more regimented in that department. But overall, I'm glad I did it and will eventually do another round, for sure.

Overall measurement changes:
Chest :: -1.25
Waist :: -1
Hips :: -1.5
Thighs :: -1.25 each
Left arm :: -.5
Right arm :: +.5

Total inches lost: 6.25 (If you remember, I'd lost 7-8 inches about midway through the rotation, so some came back! ACK! In the arms and I'd lost a little more in the waist, but 1 inch apparently came back. Go fig.)

OK, I'm fiddling with those pics to try to share them with you guys. BBL!

Have a great day & some beastly workouts!

Cathy :)

G'morning Cheetahs! I guess I'm a Wheetah this weekend, I biked 14 miles y'day & 16 miles this morning! Have I mentioned how much I love my new bike?? My running buddies bought new bikes too, so we all have new wheels!

It looks like rain today, hopefully it will at least stay nice til after the Memorial Day parade. God bless our military! (especially my brother! ;-) )

Busy weekend, but today will be a relaxing day! No real plans which is nice!! We got some ribs to BBQ later on, have to BBQ something on Memorial Day! We cleaned out the garage for a good 2+ hrs y'day afternoon, what a disaster! It looks much better in there!

Getting ready for Greg's Aunt from IA coming to visit tomorrow- Thurs. She's always fun & enjoys coming here to stay which is nice.

Cathy ~ Great job finishing up the X!!! I'm almost done w/ Phase 2, I can't believe it!! I've found some fluctuations along the way too, I do think diet plays a bit part in that. I'm really happy w/ my results so far. Can't wait to see your pics!!

Sunny ~ I had a dream about you last night. I know, very strange but we were all out to eat at a restaurant. Enjoy your icycle, sounds like you're really enjoying those new workouts!

Laurie ~ Happy belated 18th bday to your dd!!! Wow, all grown up! I'm sure your dd's hair looks beautiful!

Hope everyone has a terrific day! ;-)

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...I had some DOMS in my bi's yesterday too, from Amy Bento's workout. Enjoy your training and icyle strength.

Cathy...The BBQ went well. I just avoided my one sister that irritates me...:)..You got some great results with the X! Love to see the pics.

Christine...hope you had a fun day with Jimmy yesterday.

Laurie...still have the little bruises? I think that could be from heavy lifting. Thanks for sharing about your exchange student. Should be a fun visit. Enjoy your bike ride and BBQ today. I bet Elizabeth's hair looks great...blondes do have more fun...:)

Jess...sounds like you are loving your bike!! Our garage I won't even talk about...YUK!!!

Well...the trail run was nice, except for my fall in the first 20 feet!! I tripped on a &$#@ing root!! And went down hard on my stomach...geeze...scratched up my arm and thigh. Still finished the run but really slow as I was worried about tripping again. Now this morning my ribs hurt. Kinda feels like I got slammed to the ground...:(...Not sure if I will workout or not. We bought all our paint last night so it'll probably be a painting day...:)

Have a great Memorial Day.

Back for a moment and then it's off to work out!

Laurie :: so they do proms in Canada, too, eh?

Jess :: enjoy your BBQ today...I will definitely be thinking of all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country, esp. those who lost their lives in Afghanistan & Iraq.

Carole :: yeowch! That sounds like a rough fall! I hope the ribs feel better and that the pain isn't aggravated by the painting.

OK, my X pics are ready to go, but I am not going to post the link. PM me if you care to check 'em out and forgive my paranoia. As a teacher, I am just too leery to have pictures of this sort out on the internet somewhere.

~Cathy :)

Thanks for the pic link. You look great! I don't blame you at all for not wanting to post it. I am sure the painting will not aggravate my injuries much...:)...I might try some Pilates today and get back to weights tomorrow...

Laurie- enjoy your bike ride with nice weather today!

carole- glad to hear you had fun at the BBQ yesterday. sorry about the trip and fall, happy to hear you are not hurt. have a great workout today!

cathy-my doms were from my workout sat. me and dh went to the gym and did bi's and back. congrats on your P90x stats!!!!! i will look for your PM.

jess- sounds like a fun day planned. that is weird you dreamed about me but hey it's cool, obviously you know i like to eat, lol. isn't it fun to have running buddies. my client that is now my running buddy also just bought a bike so we plan to go riding together also. how fun!!

well i had 5 clients scheduled, only one showed up to workoutx( . i still get paid for the no shows but still what a waiste of time....

BBL...

Good morning cheetahs and Happy Memorial Day!!! I've had no time to post for a bit:( I had a very crazy busy stretch at work and lots of other issues to deal with.... ah well! Yesterday I did get a little break and went to my parents for little GTG with family. My brother (the Army JAG) was there for a brief visit. Today will be a busy day of preparing for a week in Phoenix:( so I probably won't be posting again until next Saturday. I'll be attending a week of classes and training in preparation for my hospital's new open heart surgery program. It's funny because I've actually worked on the unit in Phoenix where I'll be "training"! If they want to pay me for this.... fine with me! Hopefully I'll be able to fit in some runs and workouts in the hotels fitness room. It's way too hot this
time of year in Phoenix to do anything outside!

Today will be a 4 mile run and BM2!!! May as well get in a good Shelly style killer workout while I can! }(
I'll be back for personals

ShellyC

Hello again!

SunnyD- Great job with your run yesterday! Gettin up there in the mileage too! Wow, that is alot of no shows for you today! I guess it's probably due to the holiday but still I think people should have the decency to call and not waste your timex(

Carole- OMG, I can't believe your rotten luck lately with your runs!
Here you are on an exciting new trail and you trip at the start!!x(
I got to admire your tenacity though in completing the whole thing after that!!!! Don't blame you for skipping a workout today after that. You're spending your holiday painting???? Oh well, you can make it into a painting party I guess! :p

Cathy- Congratulations on becoming an official X grad!!! I'm afraid I will never have the patience to finish such a long rotation. Sounds like you had some wonderful results. I'm with you on being reluctant to post pics like that ;-) You've got an awesome workout planned today:7 Hope your ankle isn't troubling you too much.

Laurie- Your bike ride around Lake Ontario sounds heavenly!!! I am so jealous! I think it's great you are involved with the exchange student program, it must be so rewarding in many ways.

Jess- Another biking cheetah .... or is it wheetah?:p And you've got your running buddies into it also! How fun! I have a friend at work who's been trying to entice me into joining her for some biking.... I really should take her up on it! Have a great holiday!

Time to get moving and outdoors before it heats up! I'll try to check back in later!

ShellyC

Finished A&A (or should I say, IT finished me! I kept having to go lighter with weights--the X has made me cocky maybe!) followed by DM Cardio Blast premix. What a sweatfest! I could eat a house right about now.

Sunny :: so, what do you do while you're waiting for clients to show? Do you bring stuff to read or do you work out or just hang with your co-workers?

Carole :: thank you! I hope this new rotation brings me even closer to my goals. Enjoy the pilates!

Shelly :: sorry to hear about the stress these last few days. It is kind of ridiculous that you have to get "trained" in something you already know - what could be more boring? - but good point, at least you're getting paid! How's your FIL (and MIL) doing? Enjoy your run + BM2...My ankle's OK...it's only a little sore, even after all those jumps in DM. (I tried to be careful.) But I guess I should ice it.

Off to shower and think about lunch options...

TTFN
~Cathy :)

Good morning ladies,
I am feeling so relaxed today. We went to Monterey for the weekend and stayed at the Embassy Suites hotel for 2 nights. We had the best family time. We spent the days at the beach and of course eating clam chowder bread bowls. I did not workout once and it felt great. Today, we are going on a picnic and then will run some errands.

I am still having some twinges in my knee. It is not super painful, but it is keeping me from working out. I am just going to keep doing very little until it goes away. I actually did do PUB last night and abs.

I think I am going to have to take a little break from you cheetahs:( My friend Mary is going to start to her first round of Chemo this week and I wll be driving her and also helping her with daily activities and helping to take care of her son, who is 8. I am really going to try to be strong for her and uplifting. She is very scared right now and she really needs someone to tell her that is will be okay. I am also scared for her. It is so close to what happened to my mom. I have kind of lost a little faith lately in mortality and medical science and just life in general.

I will definitley pop in now and then, and I will be thinking of all of you:)

Susan

Hi Cheetahs!

Cathy - Yay for you finishing up the X!! Congratulations on the changes!

Carole - Haven't tried the Motion Based website yet. Is it a good one to use. Glad you found a new trail but sorry to hear about your fall. Hope the ribs feel better.

Sunny - Sorry for your no shows. Guess they wanted to do other things with their holiday. But, could have given a courtesy call.

Laurie - How was the bike ride? You sound like you have such nice places to ride.

Jess - Nice bike rides! Enjoy your relaxing day!

Shelly - Have a safet trip to Phoenix! You will be missed for a whole week! Nice workout planned.

Susan - Glad you had a relaxing weekend. Post when you can. I do understand being there for your friend Mary. I know she will appreciate you going through this difficult time with her. You and Mary will be in my prayers. Take care.

I did a 2 mile run outside, iClimb #13 30 minute elliptical, Ab Ripper X and a 20 minute Yoga Zone. Intended to do half of Ab Rip X but core felt strong and decided to do the advanced version with the guys.

Hope you all enjoy your holiday. I'm relaxing the rest of the day.

Jackie

Susan - your friend Mary is in my prayers! {{{HUGS}}} I'm so glad she has a friend like you to be there for her! I'm also glad had a great time in Monterey - I LOVE it there.

Carole - sorry about your fall! Trail running can be painful. You're not the only one who has taken a nose dive onto the dirt. Hope you're feeling better!

Hi Cathy, Sunny, Shelly, Laurie and everyone else! I know I'm being short all weekend, but there's so much going on!

Jimmy and I took did a 5 mile trail run today which was more walking than running, but he LOVES running the down hills - we race (he wins). We met lots of dogs and people so there were frequent stops for Jimmy to be adored and to play with the doggies. Now it's off to make tater salad and a regular salad. Happy Memorial Day everyone!

First of all, the paint looks awesome!!! I am always happy when I get just the right color.

Sunny...thanks...it does hurt a bit to laugh and sneeze...:)...Hey, good thing you get paid for the no shows! I don't.

Shelly...sounds like you had a good day yesterday. We will miss you posting...way to go with BM2 and 4 miles. I know, my luck has been awful lately! Yes, painting was fun as my house surely needs it!

Cathy...so what kind of a house did you have for lunch!! I made some killer salsa...:)..I think you will enjoy good results with any rotation.

Susan..glad you had fun in Monterey. It is beautiful there. I am also sending hugs to your good friend Mary. You are an incredible friend to help her thru this. You will be in my thoughts sweetie.

Jackie...Yes, Motion based is a cool site. I really liked seeing the temps I run in, in the winter, although it kinda scared me...Great workout for you!

Christine...I am feeling fine except as I said for the laughing and sneezing...yep, that hurts! I was probably due for a fall. But the god news is hopefully my DH will get out his mountain bike and we can try out this trail together. I bet Jimmy would beat me downhill too...sounds like you had a good time.

I tried out Pilates but my core was way too sore so I opted for LIC Lower Body Circuit. It was great...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.