::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 12/25

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Merry Christmas!

I'm starting to get a bit of DOMS from Power Hour, so I think I might just opt for a full rest day today. With Christine's advice in mind, I do think I'm gonna need my strength! Besides our flight time has been bumped up a little, so it'll be an earlier start than planned.

Christine :: thank you SO much for the tips! I have been concerned about the altitude bc I always used to read about how it affects runners' performance. I also hear it's harder to ski in the snow out there--I guess 'cause there's so much of it and it's not groomed? I don't really remember what the reasoning was. But my plan is to take it easy the first day and just try to get acclimated. Not that I have any kamikaze tendencies, anyway--but two of my guy friends DO. They are coaches off the slopes, and they have trouble leaving that mentality behind! They're trying to be helpful - and they are - but they can also be annoying sometimes. *lol*

Carole :: How did your Christmas Eve dinner go? Were the enchiladas a hit? Have a great long run today!

Our gathering was actually pretty mellow and - dare I say - fun. Our swap was quite entertaining -- although I think we're gonna have to put a ban on gift cards. That takes some of the fun out of it, I think. (Three people from the same family bought Macy's gift cards.) I wound up with airplane bottles of Smirnoff and a gift card to the local liquor store (which probably only furthers my reputation as Lush Cheetah), but I'm going to trade with my dad, who received one of the Macy's cards. (I think he's only set foot in that store once in his life.) My cousin's wife made these cheesecake martinis -- I'd never heard of it & don't really drink martinis but I agreed to try one. Whoops! They were QUITE tasty and she never let my glass be empty. So I did wind up w/ a nice, pleasant buzz. }( :)

Well, after all that gluttony, I received the perfect gift to bring me back down to earth ::: my parents gave me a scale -- one that measures body fat and water and muscle composition. Egads! Is that thing scary! I have GOT to work on lowering my body fat...that is a goal for '07. Also, if that thing is accurate, then I am seriously dehydrated and need to drink more water!!

OK, cheetahs...I will pop back in at some point before I leave for the airport and see if anyone's had a chance to check in. Enjoy your day with your families and have great workouts if you are getting them in today!

-Cathy :)

Merry Christmas everyone - the present opening is already done and it's 6:05am!!:eek: :eek:

I'll be back later after church.

Marcia.

*lol* Wow, Marcia--that's EARLY! My parents tried the American way one year (opening gifts on Christmas Day) and they said they'd never do it again b/c my sister and I drove them nuts by waking up at the crack o' dawn! :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE CHEETAHS!!!!!!
I'm here at work:) When I feel down about being here I just think how much worse it is for the poor patients! At least I'm off tonight. :) :) After a nap I'll get in a good buttkicking cardio workout. Maybe IMAX3!
Cathy- Sounds like you had a great Christmas Eve. Have a terrific time on your ski trip! I don't trust the scales for accurate body fat measurement at all. I recently had a DEXA body scan done (to check for osteoporosis) but it also gives an extremely accurate BF%.
It gave me a 12% BF reading. My scale says 18%!! But it will at least be able to measure your trends anyway.

Christine- YOu are just too funny..... and very sweet too for calling me an angel for working. But you gotta remember, I'm making time-and-a half.... so it's not all selfless! I'm feeling very deficient in my cooking skills lately reading these posts!!!

Elaine- I'm afraid my mileage suffered tremendously last week and I missed my long run. If I can get a good one in this week I think I'll still be okay. I'm going for 18-20 miles tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Wendy- We're going to want progress reports now on your pull ups!!!
I'm ashamed to admit I can only manage 3 unassisted. I have to put one foot up for support to manage the rest. The S&L workout was pretty good. Can't say I'm feeling any DOMS though :-(

Linda- Merry Christmas to you!!! YOu sound like you've been getting in some excellent workouts this week....good for you! I'll be playing with my new bike more the next few days and I'll be sure to post a pic.

Carole- A Long Run TODAY?!!!!! That's dedication for you!!!! But that's our SuperCarole!!! A very merry Christmas to you, you are so special to us all!

Okay, time to earn my money some;-)

Merry Christmas to all who follow!!!
ShellyC

merry christmas!

we have dinner at my MIL's today. we had xmas with my family lastnight. my kids opened their presents lastnight. they just couldnt wait to open them. they kept bothering my husband all day to open them. I am running today with my friend. I figure I need to burn the extra calories as I have gained a few extra pds. I have been exercising but the bad eating has still managed to p;ut a few extra pds on me. oh well, after the holidays I will concentrate on cleaner eating. I did arms and shldrs from p90x lastnight and surprised myself on how heavy I could lift on some of the exercises.

did you all hear james brown died this morning of pneumonia. he was younger than I thought he was. how sad for his family on xmas day.

anyway-hop;e you all have a nice christmas!!

Hi Shelly & Laura & everyone else who follows...

This is my last check-in before I'm airport-bound. If my cell phone works out there, I might be able to sneak in and say hi. If not, I'll catch up with you all on Saturday!!

Cathy :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my Cheetah Pals!

The party was a smashing success. We had SOOOO much food. But it was a little unsettling to see the sheer volume of food and realize how much was actually consumed for the number of people at the party… I’m so bloated, and think a workout, at least this morning, is out of the question. Who knows when the crazy teens will roll their butts out of bed (okay, we did get to bed at 1:30AM). But we’ll do ham, mashed potatoes, baked corn and green beans with a pecan pie for dessert. I’ll skip the ham. Ate WAY too much last night!

Cathy - oh I know what you mean. I introduced DH to my friend in Vail - both of whom are expert skiers, and spent a miserable day being told what to do. Finally I told them to ski and I would be okay. I slowly made my way to the lodge and spent a happy late afternoon conversing with a professor of biology. Enjoy! Even though I know you won’t read this! I’m thinking of you!

Marcia- oh to have little ones! We had a lot of kids at our party, and around 11ish,they all came out worried that Santa would miss them if they weren’t in bed. One even heard jingling and panicked. So cute. We assured them that Santa would not be around that early. Enjoy your Christmas!

Shelly - 12% body fat? Oh wow! You’ve got the prize for killer body Cheetah!! Good luck on your long run tomorrow! And time and a half or not, it’s hard to be away from family on Christmas Eve. But I do feel for the patients. I’m glad you were there for them.

Laura-I know what you mean! I have to be really careful the next few days. I am wearing a sari for New Year’s - a sexy black one that shows off curves. I would like to have the right number of curves - no extras! :+ Have fun at your MIL’s! I can lift a lot heavier with P90X because of the shorter reps. Going back to Cathe was an eye opener.

Enjoy your day with friends and family! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you!

Shelly - you are too funny!!! I love the cartoon and your workout - HOLY CRAP, great one!!! I'm tired just reading what you did. ;-)

I on the other hand ate more today than yesterday and am ready to get rid of the old and in with the new this year. I'm ready to have the fittest and healthest new year ever!!! I'll have a great start with running on the beach in Mexico in 11 days!!! :7

Have a great evening! Marcia.

Shelly - I LOVE the cartoon! Thanks for the chuckle!! Dinner was good! And easy, for once - just an hour in the kitchen. I think I'll do ham instead of turkey more often! :p You're invited, too!

Marcia - Good for you! Can I join you in your quest for a fit and fabulous 2007? Enjoy Mexico!! Sun, sand, and half dressed men - what better incentive to run could there be?! ;)

Dinner is done, DH is cleaning up (gotta love him for that), and I'm exausted and stuffed. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow to get back into normal eating patterns again!! DH was a real love, too. He gave me a sapphire and diamond tennis bracelet to match my sapphire and diamond wedding band.

Merry Christmas one and all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.