::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 11/13

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Have been MIA a couple of days as I took a road trip to Baltimore this weekend to celebrate a friend's b-day. Great time but haven't worked out since Friday, so I'm looking to get in a good run this afternoon and possibly some u/b. That is, if it stays dry out there.

Have a great Monday, everyone! Will be back to report in & catch up w/ personals later.

cathy :)

Good Morning Everyone.

Cathy: Man girl. You can't be kept down huh? You are the little social butterfly! Good for you! :7 Have a good run this afternoon!

Carole: Nice run y'day. No football!? Why not?? :eek: Thanks re running and P90X. I am putting it on my Christmas list for sure now!;) }( :D

Jess: Hope your DD is feeling better this morning! Joey has gotten Amox. prescribed for him 2 times now and it seems to kick whatever is ailing him pretty quickly which is nice. :)

Sunny: I'm sure you bought the running outfit for the race! You deserve it!!!:)

Laurie: Sounds like you had a nice shopping day with your girls. Can't wait to hear your take on Slim and Lean!}(

Susan: High fives on BM2 and feeling good after the run! Pretty soon you'll be running obsessed again...I just know it!;)

Laura: I feel that Slim and Lean and RttC are quite different. Rttc is all compound exercises where S & L is not. RttC is tougher but they are BOTH great work outs and well worth having IMO so long as you enjoy endurance work outs! I just got her new one Ripped 1000 and it is awesome too! I am putting P90X on my Christmas list!}( }(

Well, I have a TM run planned for this morning. I woke up with a pain in my hip/butt though and if it hangs around I will be doing a bit fat NOTHING! ACK!x(

this might sound dumb but what do you mean by compound exercises? I feel retareded asking that ,I think I have an idea what you mean but want to be sure. I almost ordered them the other day but watching the clips on collage, they didnt look like they would be any different than or as good as cathes workouts. sounds like maybe I am wrong though. thanks!

Hi Laura,

Compound exercises are like what Cathe does in Cardio and Weights were you hit 2 body parts at one time.

Here's a quick breakdown of the two work outs for you-hope this helps.

Slim and Lean:
squats
lunges
chest press
bent leg dead lift
push ups
tricep dips
bicep curls
one legged squats
overhead press abs
abs

Ripped to The Core:
reverse lunge and side squat
spider and push ups
chest press with hips raised
bent leg deadlift and bicep curl
wide squat and upright row
stiff leg deadlift and lat row
squat and lat raise
narrow squat and anterior raise
step ups with overhead press
tricep kickback and core
abs

See the difference now? Hope I've helped some!:)

ETA: She's not Cathe BUT lots of folks here LOVE her work outs and this can be a tough crowd to please! ;) Her set is nice and the work outs are challenging! The only one that I would not suggest purchasing is Ripped. It's an intermediate work out where S&L and RttC are advanced. I would also suggest her new one Ripped 1000 if you like circuits. }(

thanks, yes that makes sense! I will probably get hers then but first, p90x, I am excited, its suppose to come today. My ups guy delivers in the late evening , so I will only get a chance to preview some of them since I am teaching class tonight.

G'Morning....I have the day off today today so I may just double up on my workouts. My plans for a longer SH rotation got shot to heck with the arrival of the new stuff. Today I'm thinking maybe some KPC and perhaps mish moshing the upperbody sections of B-Max 1 & 2.

Cathy, welcome back:) Sounds like a very good weekend. Did you and your friend get down with 'My Corona'?}( :+ I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays dry for your run later.

Wendy:7 SNOT FACE!!! OMG, Drop Dead Fred is one of my 17 y.o. Elizabeth's favourite movies of all time!!!! I just about spit coffee at the screen when I saw it on the Open Forum! Thanks for the smile you've put on my face today.

Laura, no need for feeling 'dumb' or 'retarded' (unless of course you want too:+ :+) There are NO dumb questions around here! :)

I'm off to commandeer my Kids out the door :D

Hello all you Cheetahs to come!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Laurie,

You made me LAUGH OUT LOUD when you commented on Drop Dead Fred! I have loved that movie for years! I thought I was the only one but apparently not! :7 :p :7

Don't feel bad for dropping S&H for the new work outs! We would all do it! }(

Good mornin' ladies,

cathy- welcome back! how was baltimore?

wendy- thanks, you are right about your assumption. so i guess you've been enabled}( .

laura- enjoy your new workouts!

today's workout was a spin class. my quads are screaming after yesterday's run in the park. i feel like my body is beat up}( .

laurie, nice a day off. so you have time for a longer workout, enjoy!

alright, off to start my work day.

enjoy your monday ladies:)

HI Cheetahs-

I didn't get on the boards all weekend. But yesterday was DM cardio blast premix. Sat wasrest day.

Jes- I hope your brother remains safe in his assignmetn to Iraq; I'll pray for him.

Today is supposed to be a 6 mile run outside , but it is rainnig and 40 degrees. I'm headed to the TM or eliptical with probably a CC in tow.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I missed you, but sounds like you had a fun weekend in Baltimore!

Wendy..I forgot my w....it was suposed to be 'now it is football time"...:)...good job on your X-Mas list. Sorry about the hip/butt pain....hopefully it'll go away soon...

Laura...how fun you get P90X today! When do you think you will start a rotation?

Laurie...have fun with the upper body fry today!!

Sunny...have fun spinning. I hope your quads feel better...:)

Judy...enjoy your TM or Elliptical workout.

I am doing B&G today! Then maybe the Elliptical this afternoon....we have some
http://bestsmileys.com/weather/1.gif[/img] all day today...

Have a good one...:)

Good morning everyone!

I was out of town over the weekend for a football game. It was a good weekend, though. Didn't get to workout on Saturday, but yesterday evening when we got home, I ran 8 miles outside. It was pretty damp and chilly, but after sitting in the car for 3 hours, I needed to get out and move!

"Drop Dead Fred!!! ":7 I loved that movie! I had forgotten about it! Now, I need to see if I can find it and watch it again. Hmmm....wonder what Phoebe Cates is up to nowadays. Sorry...thinking out loud, here :+ Wendy - You aren't the only one likes the movie! I had a therapist recommend that to me years ago when I was going through my divorce. Then I watched it over and over just because it so good!

Laurie - Have a good day off and with doubling up on workouts! your idea for your today's workout sounds fun!

Judy - have a good TM or elliptical run!

Sunny - Good job on the spinning today and run yesterday! Hope your quads stop screaming at ya soon!

Laura - Enjoy P90X! It is a good program! I actually need to pull those out again. And yes, Jari's are definitely wonderful!

Cathy - Glad you had fun in Baltimore! I love going there! My friends and I took a trip there last year and spent a couple of days. Enjoy your run and upper body!

Hi to everyone else that checks in later! I may not do anything today, but if I do it will be this evening. Probably some upper body (planning GS uppers this week)and either a short TM run or Elliptical trainer. I feel pretty beat up after yesterday's run. There were quite a few hills. But it was still great! }(

Hope everyone has a wonderful MOnday!!!
Linda

Carole - We must have been posting at the same time again! Hi! We had rain all weekend! At the game Saturday, it poured! (well off and on during the game and then poured buckets afterwards on our 2 mile walk back to the car!) Hope you have a good indoor workout today! I know I say it countless times, but...I "love" B&G! That is my absolute favorite lower body workout!

Linda

Another Cheetah who loved Drop Dead Fred!!! Oh my gosh, my brother & I watched that movie SOOO many times!!! Holy cow, I haven't seen it in ages, snot face!!! :7

I don't know what happened but my alarm didn't go off this morning!! I did wake up at 7 so at least I was able to get the girls up on time & off on the bus.

But... I can't decide what workout to do.... how sad is that??? I should do a set rotation, but I'm not sure what to do. I want to work back in the running, but am going to give myself 1 more week w/ PT to make sure it's all better. I mean, it's been almost TWO months since the marathon now!!!!! :eek: I feel like my tendons must hate me!!! :p

Allison is feeling much better. She slept for 5 hrs y'day afternoon!! Then she woke up w/ some pep to her & kept us entertained. She's such a riot. She still isn't quite up to par, but is definitely feeling better. The Amox. & Motrin seem to be helping! We might go through a box of kleenex w/ her snotty nose this morning though!! ;-)

We are having our Christmas pics taken tonight. I hope she's feeling up to it because I hate to reschedule. It's hard to get an appt, that's why I scheduled them early this year! I also like to get my Christmas cards in the mail by the first week of Dec. Greg & I are wearing red & the girls are wearing cute white shirts I got at Kohl's.

OK, have a great Monday. It's grey & rainy here, yuck!!

Hi Jess!!! Glad Allison is feeling better! It is so hard to believe that it is about time to send Christmas cards out! My goodness! I'll bet the pictures turn out great! I can just imagine how your tendons feel! I dream of one day running a marathon! But....I will be happy if I ever even run a half. Have fun with whatever workout you decide on!

Linda

Okay I am one sweaty woman here!!}( I did KickMax and used my rebounder for a few blasts then did both B-Max u/b and B-Max 2 abs/stretch. What a good workout!! The 2 upperbody sections really compliment each other (except there was double tricep dipsx( ). I am ready to shower and get productive around here!!

Sunny, don't you be working too hard now!!:)

Judy, enjoy your run!

Carole, B&G again hey? Let us know tomorrow of the DOMS is less after the second go, (I'm still feeling it!!). Sometimes I like rainy days, they can have a real cosy feel, although I just thought of that old Carpenter's song "Rainy Days and Mondays", takes more than a little rain to get us down! :7

Linda, good job on running after such a hectic weekend, I'm sure it felt great to get moving. Sheeesh, there's a lot of football lovin' Cheetahs here!!:D

Jess, nice to here that your little one is feeling better. A good long nap can work wonders when we're sick!

Wendy, you've really started something with the Drop Dead Fred, maybe I'll put it on when I'm doing my paperwork. I love it when Fred looks up Elizabeth's Mother's skirt and says 'hmmmmm......cobwebs..... :+ Soooo funny!

I'm such a spaz, the phone just rang and I didn't even look when I picked it up and spilled my big glass of water everywhere, looks like the computer desk is getting a good cleaning this morning!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs,

It is a rest day for me today. I am looking forward to it. I have a chiro appointment and then I am going to curl up with my new book, the sisters keeper, and relax...ahhhhh

Wendy, be careful with the butt and hip area. That is where my sciatica started.

No time for chit chat, gotta go start my day. Hopefully, I can come back and do some personals. I have been bad about that lately.

See ya soon!

susan

Wendy- How is thehip butt pain today? Have you iced it? I haven'te read all osts carefully so I apologize for missing this! I hope it is minor and goes away quickly. I'[ll be hapy to share my hip exzperienc with you if it helps.

Well I did 6.5 miles on TM interval style. It felt good! Then I chose 5 esxrcises from B&G and called it a day. I needto get moving and dust and vacum before I get my hair hi lighted and cut this afternoon.

Hi to everyone today!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs,

How's everyone doing?

Cathy...I've also been MIA, cheetahs are very busy people;-), glad you had a good road trip and hopefully a good run this afternoon.

Wendy...Have a great TM run (gotta love the TM!) and I hope your pain subsides.

Laura...I hope you enjoy P90x, I had it and then gave it to my brother, now I'm wishing I didn't x(.

Laurie...Enjoy your day off, don't you just love them? They are great for extra long workouts.

Sunnydelite...Have a great day, I took a spin class once, about two years ago, I still haven't recovered:p!

Judy...Enjoy your workout, the rain is definitely a bummer.

Carole...Enjoy B&G, I did the abs portion of it on Friday, I'm so afraid of that w/o. I think I may try to tackle it on Friday. I have to prepare myself for the DOMS;-) !

Linda...Great job on the 8 miles, you deserve a little rest.

Jess...I now what you mean about not deciding which w/o to do, we've got so many options. How organized are you? Christmas pictures already? I'm impressed...enjoy!

Susan...Enjoy your rest day, I know about the personals, I've been bad about that too, but remember, these cheetahs are very understanding;-).

Well, I did my second 10K on Saturday and it was a flat course, so my time improved by more than 2 minutes, I did it in (55:43), so I was happy about that! The first 10K was very hilly. So, yesterday, I did SM in it's entirety and it felt great. Today I will do some body work at the gym. I'm stilll a little sore and my right calf is achy so, I need to watch that.

Have a great day cheetahs, and to all who follow.

Katrina:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Still suffering from whatever it is that I have – a kind of cold, but not full blown. Just tired and draggish… Did LIC today – perfect workout for the way I feel! I did not push it, so I think I could get more out of this one. I did find the blasts a little repetitive, but they were fun. I do like the weight work, though. The bicep curls with the band was fabulous! Really enjoyed that one. It’s windy and rainy here today. I was debating wearing the new Uggs, but I was afraid they’d get spotted, even with the waterproofer on, so I have my flat black boots on instead (leather, not as cozy).

Cathy – Baltimore! Home of the Ravens! My favorite football team! Actually, I lived in the area for a while. Hope you had a good time! Did you do any sightseeing?

Wendy – Oh, I hope your hip feels better soon!!! That bites, big time!

Laura – how’s your class going? Oh, you’ll enjoy P90X! Let us know when you’ll be starting! I love that series.

Laurie – that sounds like a great workout! I think a mish mosh of the two Body Max’s would give a wonderful upperbody burn! I hate tricep dips as well – they have to be my absolute least favorite exercise.

Sunny – everyone is entitled (required?) to get a really cute running outfit for their first race. What color is it? I love that beat up feeling! It makes me feel like I’ve been WORKIN’!

Judy – have fun with your TM/E workout! Is the DM cardio only just the drills? How is that?

Carole – I was wondering! No football? Carole?!? Nah, that couldn’t be! We watched the Jets kill the Patriots, then we got to see the Raven’s come from behind and beat the Titans. I was so happy. Have fun with B&G! I am looking forward to doing it again! My abs were sooo sore from the weighted work! I never feel it in my abs any more! I love it!

Linda – another football fan – eh? Didn’t you see the Eagles? How was it? I love seeing the games live! Enjoy your upper body work and run today!

Jess – I hate when my alarm doesn’t go off! I feel so frazzled in the morning! Glad to hear Allison is doing better!

Susan – it’s a wonderful day here to curl up with a good book! Make a nice pot of tea and grab a cozy wrap and just enjoy! I’m soo envious!

Katrina! I didn’t know you were doing a 10k!!! I’m so sorry or I would have been cheering you on! Glad it went well, and that’s a good time! WAY TO GO!!!!

Shelly – you had me laughing yesterday about your nails. The ONLY way I can keep mine nice is in the salon with the crystal nails. Even then I have to keep them pretty short or I’ll break them off. I have to be careful who does them as well because if they use cheap stuff, they last a week. What a pain!

TTFN! I’ll chat with y’all later!!

Well, I did a 2 mile run using ITread. I wanted to do more but my knee started acting up now!:eek: As it turns out my hip stopped hurting or I would not have attempted the run to begin with. When I started feeling it in my knee I was ticked!x(

On Saturday towards the end of my run I started feeling it both in my hip AND my knee which is why I stopped at 4.5 miles. I wanted to go for 5+ if I could. I iced them both a bit when I came inside. My was knee was slightly tender y'day but not enough to affect my work out and my hip was fine. This morning my hip hurt but my knee was fine. My hip stopped hurting so I go to run and my knee starts up! ACK!

What a mess, huh? :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.