::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 10/9

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Monday, cheetahs! :) Hope those of you off from work today enjoy your Columbus Day break.

I've got a bit of the DOMS from GS Legs. Plan today is to run after school and follow up w/ GS BSB. Need to track down some cooler weather gear (most of mine is older, so I'll probably have to buy new). Checked Dick's yesterday but they didn't have too much yet.

Have a great day, everyone! Hopefully I'll be back at some point later in the day.

-Cathy :)

Hi Cheetahs--
Busy day morning til night yesterday with kid activities, so I missed out on a lot of Cheetah action. My long run got cancelled because of the kid activities and I was sad about it, but trying to be a flexible Cheetah and move on. Had to leave the house Sun. a.m. at 6 with kids and couldn't fit it in before that....I ended up walking a brisk mile on the TM and doing weights from SJP.

I am going to do some step today and elliptical in the evening & probably just pick up with running Tuesday. :-( I don't feel like the rest was helpful. I just feel sluggish and bad, but that's how it goes....some days

Cathy--great plan for today. I love GS BSB! It is definitely the season for cool weather gear. I have found some nice shirts at rei or rei.com & sometimes even Dunhams

Elaine--Congratulations!! I'm sorry I couldn't be online yeterday to join in the cheering. I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine--You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great race description. Enjoy the great feeling of having run that far. 13.1 miles is a long way. Good for you!

Wendy--Great job yesterday! I love the pic and am so happy for you that you got out there and you definitely have the racing bug.

I hope to be back for personals later.

Have a great day.
-Barb
:) :) :)

Good Morning Barb and Cathy and all who visit here today :)

Barb- yikes! Your Sunday was super busy. It can be disappointing not to get in a run when you want one. But you still have a great outlook!

Cathy- Are your classes cancelled today for Columbus Day?

I'm hoping to get a run in but I have a sore throat and feel a virus coming on. Also, my running buddies are not available today and I do NOT want to run our regular area wtih out a buddy. I may stick to my nieghborhood which is extremely hilly. I'll do some legs afterwards.

This all depends on if ibuprofin kicks in soon.
Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good Morning Ladies.

This Cheetah has to work today. :-(

I have no cardio planned for today. I'm giving it a rest after yesterday. ;) I will, however, attend the Power class at my gym this evening. }(

Hope everyone has a great morning...I have to work so no time for personals right now. Hopefully later...

Ciao for now Chicas!:*

Awww, thanks Judy!:+

I am eyeing the 10k's already! I must be CRAZY but it's so much fun!!!! :7 :7 :7

Good morning everyone!

Great job Elaine, Christine, Jennifer, and Wendy! It sounds like all of you guys did fantastic!

Carole - Those pictures are great! The doggie one is adorable! Sorry your HR was high. Mine was on Saturday. Yesterday it was a little better. I think mine is higher than most people's during running. :-( Hope you don't come down with anything and that you are feeling better!

Shelly - Yes, I am downloading my data onto my computer. It is amazing what it actually shows! I knew it would be good, but I had no idea I would be this pleased with it! I love Amy's Step workout! Glad you did okay with the run on the treadmill! HOpefully, you will be "good as new"!

Cathy - Great workout! What type of yoga did you do?

Susan, great run with your DH! That is so good that he runs with you! My DH used to run with me for several year, but then he started walking because of back and knee problems. I miss him running with me. When we go outside on Sunday's he walks the same route as me and then we end up walking back to the house together. So..we are still out there at the same time and that is nice .

Judy - Hope you feel better! My road out of my neighborhood that I run on is hilly too! Sometimes I like that and sometimes I don't!!!

Barb - I am sorry about your long run having to be cancelled! Hope had fun with the kids, though! I hate it when I feel sluggish. I hope you get to feeling better!Good job on doing the TM and weights!

Today is my day off. I just wanted to say "Hi everyone!" Hope everyone has a good day.

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...GS legs always gives me a bit of DOMS too! True, it is time for cooler weather gear...I have no idea how old my running tights are!! Hope you get in a good workout later!

Barb...we all have those sluggish days, my run yesterday felt like that...I had a great time checking on all these cheetahs races...enjoy step and the Elliptical...

Judy...sorry about the virus coming on. I hate sore throats, sometimes zinc tablets you can suck on helps ease a sore throat.

Wendy....you deserve a bit of rest!! great job yesterday!! So maybe a half next year??!!

Linda...I did really like that pic of Tico...way too cute!! Thanks for your compliments. Yes, it was weird about my HR as my long slow runs it usually averages 140 it was averaging about 161 yesterday and trust me I was not running fast!! I feel fine today. Enjoy your day off..

Christine..Congrats on your 1st half!! Yeah, hate the man thing. When my DH was running we were very competitive and he still thinks he was faster...nah...:)...Loved your story about the half. I would have liked seeing the little guy playing a guitar!! That is so cool you could sprint so close to the end!! Also good that you had a short wait for the port-o-potties! Sounds like you and your DH had fun after. Of course beer is good after a run...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/beer.gif[/img]..Runners ARE good people and fun to talk to. I can't wait to hear about your next one!! Way to go Christine!!!

Jennifer...wow!! you cut 30 min off your previous time!!! That is awesome. You have consistantly decreased your half times, that is really something to be happy about. That is awful you banged your knee like that!! YEOW!!! I hope your feet feel better today. I am so proud of both of you....you did so well!!!

I hope Elaine is doing okay after the long 9 hour drive home!!! She deserves some rest this week...:)

I am doing a tough Elliptical workout (hope I survive!) and then S&H Chest & Back, and some abs.

Have a great day...

Good morning, cheetahs!! :)

It is the day after, and surprisingly, I am not that sore. I mean, I am, but not as sore as I was after my last half. Still, I decided against doing SH CB today (I was going to start my SH rotation this week). I think I am going to need to rest the entire week (I may do yoga this week to stretch out and get limber)! I'm definitely still feeling the effects of yesterday.

My knee's doing better, although I now have a nasty bruise and cut where I banged it. No more swelling, though, and I can now squat without feeling pressure on my knee. I banged it up pretty good, I tell ya.

Have a Happy Columbus day, and if there are any Canadians on here, Happy Thanksgiving!

Jennifer

Good morning ladies,

At work so a very quick check-in (for now).
Today's workout was HSTA. }( I didn't check in yesterday but my workout was a 4.5 mile run outside. so far my longest outside run!!!

christine-congratulations on your first half. a job well done!!!

talk to you ladies later.:)

Good Morning All!

Well, DH may have run faster than I did, but I am walking better today!! *grins evilly* My legs are a bit sore (in the ankle area – the muscles that pull the foot up and down when you run – never, ever had that before!), and the legs over all are letting me know they were worked, but overall I’m okay. *Phew* Today will probably be Slow and Heavy followed by either Stretch X or Yoga for Athletes. DD13 has a friend over, so I can’t drive to the gym today. I was thinking some light elliptical would be nice, but I think I’ll take the dogs for a long walk instead.

Cathy – Dick’s doesn’t have much yet? That’s odd. Hope you find something. REI Outlet usually has some great prices on great gear, if you need to order on line – www.reioutlet.com. Sorry you have to work! Here in California, we do not celebrate Columbus Day (we’re ultra politically correct), but it’s a State Mandated Teacher’s In-service Day. Go figure. Kids still have off…

Barb – Sorry to hear about your long run, but I can certainly understand not getting up at 2AM to get in a long run! Some days it just does not happen. Thanks for the congrats! It does feel good!

Judy – Oh, I’m sorry – I hope you’re feeling better soon!!! Good luck with your run – and take it easy!

Wendy – a 10k? Oh I love it! You could knock out a 10k! And they are my favorites! You actually feel good after them, not beaten up like the half (well, that’s me – not our lovely long distance cheetahs!). You deserve a rest – but you’re as bad as me – I’m lifting today too!

Linda – Thanks!! And enjoy your day off!!

Carole – I loved the photo of Tico in the Tux! How cute!!! And I’m sorry John could not attend, but this cannot be easy for him. Hey – if I were going to the gym, we’d be doing the same workout (but I’d be taking it easy!). I hope you’re feeling better and your HR settles down. Oh, I accidentally washed the strap to my Polar HRM, so now I doubt it works… I could order a new one, or … I could break down and finally buy myself a Garmin!!

Jennifer – Glad your knee is better! Know what you mean about being sore, but not that sore. Way to go, Jennifer!!!

Sunny – LOVE HSTA!! And thanks for the kudo’s! Well done on the run!! We’ll have you doing 10k’s soon! *winks*

Good morning cheetahs!

I was supposed to take a rest day today, but I am feeling pretty good so I may just do Circuit Max. I love that workout and it has a fun factor for me. CONGRATS to all the cheetahs for being able to walk this morning and it sounds like you are all feeling good. I will check back later. I am off to take kids to school, thank goodness. They were kind of a pain in the you know what this weekend;-)

Cheers!

Susan

Christine and Jennifer- Congratuts on dong your races!!!! enjoy your rests and stretches

SunnyDelight- nice job on the 4.5 mile run yesterdy and HSTA today. HSTA is one of my favorite circuits.

Wendy- 10ks now! you are addicted girl :7

Carole- I'm sure you wil. do really well on thatelliptical. What are your coaches again? Iclimb?? Are they made for any cardio of specifically ellipticals?

Susan- I am unaware that some schools are open on Columbus Day.
Everything around here is closed

My nieghbor this morning told me she saw the coyote that has been around. I am a little worried for my kitties who love to be outdoors. I may have to keep them in at night. They will be very loud in protest.

I tried a new 5.4 mile route that had a house in veiw the whole route. So I felt safe running alone. Then I completed GS floor legs and a stretch. ow it is time do a few house chores.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs! Sounds like it was an eventful weekend :7

Christine- what a great race report! You make me anxious and excited for the Phoenix rnr next January! I chose that one on purpose for my first full marathon. I figured all the bands and hooplah would distract me from thinking about how I still have to go! Unbelievable that your DH beat you with such little training! At least he is paying for it now and you will certainly recover much quicker!

Jennifer- Congratulations on your PR!!!! Hope your knee heals quickly for you.

Carole- LOVED the pic of Tico in the Tux :) too cute! Are you doing an iTrain on your elliptical today? If so, which do you consider the hardest? I'd like to purchase a really tough one!

Cathy- I was perusing my closet with the thought of cool running clothes myself! Time for some shopping:eek:

Barb- Sorry you missed your long run. When you let running interfere with "kid" or family activities....THAT's when there's a problem. But, like always you have your priorities in place where they should be. You're one classy lady...I'm sure you'll make up for the missed run.

Judy- Hope you kick that virus out quick! Take care and have a great run.

Wendy- I just KNEW you'd be eyeing 10k races. Congrats again on a fabulous race! Your pics are great, looking hot!!!

Linda- Have a great rest day!

SunnyD- Congrats on your outdoor PR! HSTA is one of my favorite
kickbutt workouts! Hey...any races planned for you?

Susan- Circuit max is alot of FUN!! I guess your body will tell you when you need to rest.

My troublesome adductor muscle hasn't healed up entirely yet but each day I'm able to do more and more without it bothering me so that is hopeful. I worked out ALOT yesterday but it still feels okay! Today will be bodymax and some cycling.

Later y'all.

ShellyC

Woo Woo! Elaine - Christine - Wendy !
I'm posting because I have learned that if I don't at least check in I let my workouts go when I'm under pressure and of coarse that is when I need them the most!
You all are my personal trainers and you help me so much!
Please forgive me for not saying hello to everyone.
Colleen:+

Shelly - the women I met who run the RNR Half in Phoenix every year say it's a blast. I think it's a great choice for your first full!

I admire you and Elaine and Carole and Jess and Sarah, and any others who do full marathons. I would have to completely change my life style to run one, and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that. But, I'll continue with my longer runs, and spend the winter on speed work as well - can't let DH beat me again!

Okay - question for all of you veterans out there... I did my Half. I don't want to lose the gains I have made, but I'm not sure I should continue with such long runs. Should I cut my long runs to about 8 miles and work on speed? I like what running has done for my body, so I don't want to stop, but I'm not sure where I should go from here. My next registered event so far is the 10.6 mile run in the Big Sur Marathon. There's a chance that DH and I might do the 12k of the San Francisco Half (it's in November- and I don't want to do another half that soon). Just curious... Now I MUST get my butt in gear. I'm still in my PJ's for heaven's sake!

Christine,
I have often wondered that myself about how you continue your workouts after these races. Do you still have a long run once a week or just a lot of average runs? I will be curious to see what the experts say. I think my body would fall apart if I ran more than 8 miles at a time every week.

Well, I joined a gym! It is $15 a month and has everything you need. It is called Express fitness. I have not been in a gym since my personal training days, which is about 8 years ago. I am excited and I am going to hop on the elliptical and see what all you cheetahs love about it. It will be good for me to cross train. I am definitley going to do some cycling classes as well.

My sciatica is a little sore today, but I am going to run upstairs now and give Circuit max a go. Just had my blueberries and am ready to go. BBL!

Susan

Susan - Oh- have fun at your new gym!! It should be fun!.

Okay, I'm totally impressed with my Polar SR2000 HRM. I dumped all of my running clothes yesterday into the wash, forgetting that I took off the chest strap as it was bugging me. I found it AFTER I washed it - a good 50 minute wash cycle. I put it on this morning with the SLIM hope that it would work. It does! Wow!!

Hey gals.

I'm back from work, everyone is fed and DS is napping. Now it's MOMMY TIME!:+ I don't even have to work out right now so I get a couple hours to be LAZY! YES! LOL :7 :7 :7

Cathy, I am also in the proccess of picking up clothing for the cooler days. I don't know if I'll make it through the truly COLD weather outside but I will keep it outdoors through the fall if nothing else. ;)

Barb, Sorry about missing your long run. Can you make it up? }( I DO have the racing bug and it's costing me $20 a pop! :eek: I guess I have to stay at my job for the long haul as it's going to be paying for my new addiction!}( :p :7

Carole, So how did that elliptical work out go? What kind was it-interval, cardio, etc? A half in 2007...yeah...that is what's floating around my brain at this very moment...I'll have to see though...I keep thinking "What am I, freakin' CRAZY!?!?" and then I think, "Well, yeah, ofcourse you are!!!!!" }( :7 :7 :7 I seriously would like to give it a shot though!

Jennifer, Enjoy your rest week. You deserve it after the fabulous half you did yesterday! Way to go girl! ^5!!!!:+

Sunny, Have fun with HSTA! That is such an awesome work out! 4.5 miles outside already!? WOW! You are going to surpass me in NO TIME!!! Good job girlfriend! Better change that 5k race you signed up for to a 5 miler! }(

Christine, Hopy you enjoyed S/H today!}( I figured a rest from cardio is good enough. You know I actually started looking up 10k races for November!!! :eek: I think I need to relax until the winter is over! LOL

Judy, Glad you enjoyed your solo run this morning! Me, addicted!?! NEVER! LOL :p

Colleen, We are here to motivate you girl! Glad we can help!

Hi Linda! Hope you are having a great day.

Shelly, So glad to hear that your injury is healing up nicely. You'll be back in top form in no time! So you are running a marathon in January?

Susan, Oh you are gonna LOVE the gym girl! Have a fun! It's a great addition to an at home fitness routine!:D

I'm sorry if I missed anyone. Off to make myself a cup of coffee now.

Later chicas!:*

Good afternoon Cheetahs,

I've been MIA the last few days. My HS reunion was this weekend and I was busy preparing for that. I took both Sat & Sun off in terms of workouts. I must say it felt great after two weeks of nonstop workouts!! I had a great time at my reunion and I received a lot of compliments! There's something to be said for Cathe and exercise and just trying to live a healthy lifestyle:)! With that being said, today I plan on doing some stength work at the gym and at least 30 min. on the elliptical.

Have a great day everyone, it looks like we all have been pretty busy.

Katrina:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.