:::: CHEETAHS :::: Mon., 1/22

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! Happy Monday! :p :)

Catching up from yesterday…

Karen…Wow, that’s too funny…I would’ve guessed most folks from your area would head to OC, MD…Wildwood has had a resurgence in popularity in recent years, and it's changed a lot from when I was a kid…I think you'll like Cape May, too. It’s a different kind of town. I used to do the Great Cape May Footrace ~ it’s an annual 10K in May. That’s a good one.

Susan…your kids are pretty young…do their teachers give them work over the weekend???…Good for you on the B&G blast…that one has my total respect!!…When I did KPC, it was the first time I’d used the monitor – it was beeping like crazy at various points…but at times, the monitor would read “0,” so I guess it “lost the signal” or something. So, yes, I'd say it was fluctuating. Yesterday, for BM2, I set it so it wouldn’t beep, and I noticed that I was at maximum HR most of the time for the step and power circuits portions. I’d always thought k’boxing burned a similar amount of calories to running, but maybe it is only when you are actually kicking and punching a bag with resistance. I think you’re right – the HRM will be a reality check for me. I didn’t realize you were a PT, either! Do you plan to get back into it eventually?

Carole…is there a certain Edwards book you’d recommend? I browsed on Amazon but couldn’t make a decision based upon conflicting reviews.

Wendy…yes, I am trying to learn the steps…this weekend, I ordered a Gin Miller step DVD that is supposed to include just the basics…So, maybe doing that will help me get more coordinated. It’s definitely not a favorite (step), but I think it will be good for variety, as you said. Running is usually my mainstay (if you remember, it took me forever to try to new DVDs b/c I just didn’t want to depart from running), but now that it’s winter and there’s darkness and low temps to deal with, I have been opting for alternatives more often. Aren’t lazy Sundays great? Take ‘em when you can get ‘em! Sorry about Joey having to get bloodwork done this morning…poor little guy!

I am off to get bloodwork, too, first thing this morning, so I will be a little late to school. There’s a light dusting of snow out there, but it wasn’t enough for a two-hour delay. :-( That’d have been nice. Today, I’m planning to hop on the tread after school.

Cathy :)

I am up very early this a.m. i have a client at 5:30 this morning. I was supposed to have two but one just emailed me to reschedule for tomorrow. We had/have some ice on the streets.

I am so happy i am giving my resignation today. I am actually looking forward to going into the office.

wendy- the flexibility with being a pt will be great for you. i am so happy my son is going on a field trip with his school in two weeks and i was able to sign up to go with them!! also as you mentioned to someone else the daycare. we are paying $500 a month for jaden's daycare and now we won't have that bill. I have not yet found a part time job but i may not need one as my clients are rolling in. LOL. Plus i have an interview tomorrow with another gym for personal training. I am also scheduled to take the group fitness instructor cert (christmas gift from dh!) on 2/3. however i may reschedule due to my hectic schedule i've been keeping. haven't had alot of time to study.

cathy- we posted at the same time. so i transferred my post to yours. have fun with your new workouts.

carole- how did you like the colts/patriots game last night?

ladies have an awesome monday!!

Sunny - Congrats, again - have a great day handing in your resignation! :)

OK - so I was going to come back after catching up, but of course, never got here - too much going on.

Here's a small summary of our trip to Mexico:
First, we had a blast! ;-) We literally relaxed for the first three days - did nothing but hang out at the pool, beach or swim up bar; drank pina coladas by 9am just about every morning (I miss them :p ) It rained one day, but we were downtown on 5th avenue shopping so we didn't really care at that point. The last few days were partly cloudy and windy so the ocean was too rough to boogie board, thank goodness we did a lot of that first few days we were there. We went on an ATV trip in the jungle and saw the Cenotes, snorkeled in a cave underwater in fresh water - which was beautiful. Had some good food and some great laughs.

The plumbing is poor so we were told not to flush the toilet paper, but to throw it in the can in the bathroom. I didn't do this in our condo (because it would've just smelled too bad :-( ) but when we were out to eat I did. Going through immigration was interesting and sometimes a long boring line, but all in all we had a great vacation and lots of sun ;-)

I hope everyone is having a great start to their week. I have a much slower week this week so I'm looking forward to it. I might be home to actually cook supper one time this week. I have step class tonight and will walk during my lunch half hour at work.

I'll try to get back later.
Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs

Today on tap for me is PUB. I made myself a 9 week rotation to get ready for the 10 mIler. Today it calls for some cross training so this is what I picked.

Marcia-I'm gald you had fun in Mexico. How cool was the jungle trip. My neice is going to Africa this summer for missionary work and hopes to see some of the animals down there. Is sounds like a great vacation.

Cathy- Take care today. Hope that the blood work goes smoothly and the needle doesn't hurt. I'm a nut with needles so it is always positive to have a person who knows how to drawl blood well.

Sunny- We are all proud of you for handing in your resignation. You go girl.

I will be back later. I am out and about today. I have to order my dd cake for Wed. She is turning 8.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning Cheetahs,

Marcia--the trip to Mexico sounds both fun and interesting with some of those challenges with plumbing.

Wendy-- the PT plan sounds just great. Do you take the exam online? Great perk to have better daycare options. This is the key to sanity as a parent IMO, knowing the kids are set while you can have something like a life of your own.

Sunny--congrats on the job change. How fun!

Susan--glad the body cooperated with your workout plan yesterday. I know what you mean about oto much homework. For my kids, it has really varied year to year with some teachers preferences, but there have been times it has seemed insane the amount of homework in elementary school....

Karen-your DH is too nice to arrange all of that. I am so happy for you. What a nice thing for your family.

Cathy--tell us how the day went educating the plagiarizers! I'll get a check in the mail to you today for the tshirt.

I did the first 4 segments of Drillmax today and used the slideboard to keep my ITB flexible and happy after my long run yesterday. I hope to get some UB in later.
My DS13 has a fever, not sure if he's going to school today.

Have to run, so quick hellos to everyone else checking in.
Hope to be back later for more personals.
-Barb
:)

Good morning Cheetah Babes -

Oh well, the Pats lost, but it was a fabulous game!! At least I don’t have to put together a SuperBowl party! I can save my ideas for next year. I totally threw my rotation to the wind and decided to start another P90X one. I want to improve my push ups. SO today is P90X Chest and Back, abs and a 3 mile run.

Interesting side note – just heard today is “officially” the Unhappiest Day of the Year. So called because it’s the day that unpaid Christmas bills, the nasty weather and failed New Year’s Resolutions hit you all at once. Good thing we’re Cheetahs, isn’t it and don’t have those Failed New Years Resolutions, at least!!

Cathy – Good luck with you blood work. Too bad about the snow – I love snow days!

Sunny – What a wonderful thing to be able to do! Don’t smile too wide when you give your resignation. But a happy dance around your office would be in good taste. LOL. Good luck tomorrow! You’re moving right along, aren’t you? I think there’s an urgent need for PT’s who are more mature.

Marcia – Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Doing nothing and then the snorkeling and ATV trips sound so fun!!! Not fun about the tp, though – ICK!!

Karen – when is DD’s birthday? Enjoy PUB!

Hey Barb – Hope DS13 feels better soon!! Good job on the long run and DM 1-4.

Carole – WHAT A GAME!! Holy cow!! I felt like a yo-yo – I was up and down the entire second half!

Susan – got your PM and Friday will work! I don’t have quite as long of a time as you do, but I think with driving and everything, it will work well. Now comes the time figure out where!! How exciting!!

Hello to all who follow!

Happy Monday Ladies!.....NOT! LOL :p

Cathy, We have a dusting of snow on the ground here too, much to my surprise! I am glad it's not anything worse though since I have to go out with DS this morning. I will drive in the snow but when it comes to DS I will be extra nervous about it so I'm looking forward to *NOT* having to do it! LOL I am also bad at walking on ice/snow so getting him out to my car scares me even more in a way. ACK!

Sunny, I thought of going for the group fitness cert myself instead of the PT cert but decided that the PT cert made more sense to do alone. I may add group fitness down the road as well....we'll see. Did anything ever come of the Turbo Kick cert? Have you looked for a job teaching that yet? The $500/month daycare savings is awesome! That will help you for sure! Looking for another PT job is smart too if the one you have is only part time. Do you have a planner to keep your appointments in? We just bought my SIL a really nice one from Wilson's for Christmas. If I pass this exam and actually get a job then I'll expect DH to buy ME a nice one this Christmas as well!:p

Marcia, Great vacation girl! Glad you had a good time. Have fun with your class tonight.

Karen, So you are not a baker, ey? LOL My sister makes all of her kids cakes and she even does the character ones where you put together different shapes to make a face and then "paint the face" on with the icing! She's insane! LOL I would order the cake too!:)

Barb, I hope your DS feels better. Hope his fever does not turn out to be the flu. I am missing my Cathe vids while doing the X but I am loving the X at the same time. Someone in the daily checkin has me wanting to do MIC and now you have me wanting to do DM!LOL The exam is a paper exam that they send to you right with the study materials. It's an "open book" exam. Once you complete you mail it back to them for grading. I will also have to make a video of myself performing certain exercises as part of the test!:eek: I can opt to do that part in person if there is a location that is convenient for me to do it (it changes periodically) but I'd rather not. I'll just have hubby tape me in the comfort of my own home. I'll feel like a dork but will be less nervous about it that way I think. :)

WOW, I'm chatty this morning! LOL

Today is chest and back and ARX. It's week 3 of the X. Next week is recovery...AAAAHHHHH...no weight lifting!

Have a great morning ladies!

Christine,

We were posting at the same time! Sorry your team lost. :-(
The unhappiest day of the year huh? I wonder if suicide is up? ACK! How depressing!x( Looks like we'll be on the same schedule for the X this week. How fun! We can moan and groan together!}(

Have a good day!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good job sticking with BM2 and Cathe's choreography. It really does feel good when the moves come together...:)..I hope you can get the calorie thing figured out. "Heart Zone Training" by Sally is a good one. Hope your blood work goes smoothly and enjoy the TM later.

Sunny...the Colts/Pats game was the best game IMO yesterday. WOW! a nail bitter right til the end. 2 very good teams. Have fun training this morning!

Marcia...sounds like your trip was very fun! Relaxing by the pool sounds so nice...:)

Barb...I am giving a Drillmax premix a try today. I am glad your ITB is feeling happy too! I hope your DS doesn't get sick...

Christine....yes that game was quite exciting to watch. I think a few times yelling at the TV scared my little dog Sadie, I kept telling her they were happy yells!! Enjoy P90X C&B and a run. I refuse to be unhappy on a monday...:)

Wendy...trust me, I don't want to be injured either!! Sounds like you had fun watching Homeward Bound with Joey....I rarely watch a movie with animals that makes me cry...I just can't take it...I hope the blood work goes well today. So have you decide on a specific half marathon yet?..:)

Karen...you might not have to change much for the 10 mile run. How much are you planning for your long runs now? Sometimes it is best to focus on the night before and after your long run. For longer runs I might make sure to have a meal with pasta the night before. I always eat more for pre run before my long runs. I eat usually a piece of wheat toast with Vegan spread and some peanut butter, as compared to a half a protein bar before my other workouts.. After the run I will follow with a fruit smoothie to get in some protein and carbs. I eat normally during the day but if I get hungry I'll eat more fruit and a handful of nuts. You could try a sports drink during the long run. Sometime it is just a matter of finding what works....hope this helps.

Susan...I am also amazed how much homework kids get these days. I have a friend with teenagers and they have alot of homework every night. I sure don't remember that as a kid...?

I am doing a semi recovery week. More endurance with my upper body and keeping the same workout for my lower. Today I will do a DM premix, Cardio and upper body, abs and some Yoga this afternoon.

Have a good day..:)

Wendy--thanks for the get well wishes. DS felt better enough to go to school, but we shall see if he calls to come home or if he ends up feeling ok. The printed exam and video presentation sounds very doable. I agree that taping at home sounds better than showing up to your own American Idol audition. You will be great though in either venue!

Christine--the football game sounds fun. Which P90 tape are you starting with? My DH did Coresynergistics yesterday and it killed him....he is going to do the Make A Wish bike ride though. He officially registered and committed. I can't believe it, but am rooting for him!

Carole--DM was more fun than I thought. It was my first time doing it believe it or not. I used the med ball for some moves because of my ceiling height, the stability ball over the head doesn't work. Have a good work out and a nice Monday off.

Karen--I think you will have to experiment with what will work best for you. I think all of what Carole said is great and sound advice. I think it's useful to practice/try out different things and see what works. It turned out I needed a sportsdrink type beverage on runs over 8 miles but not at full strength--watered down works well and full strength makes me nauseous.

Matt Fitzgerald's book about performance nutrition (Elaine originally recommended this) is a good one, as is Nancy Clark's big guide to sports nutrition -- but it comes down to what works for you physically and feeling mentally secure about it.
If it appeals to you: There are formulas for how many grams of carbs you need per kg of body weight, but everyone's body is different...you can look at those just to get an idea of the ball park you "should" be in and then experiment/modify. I think (??) it's something like 1 g of carb per kg of body weight for each hour before endurance exercise that last more than 45 minutes. That's on the high side for me -- but it's a starting point to figure things out..

have a great day everyone!
-Barb

Happy Monday Cheetahs

I had no computer time this weekend. However I have no complaints.

Barb- How long do you use the slide board for? How long was yesterday's run? How long is the Make-a-wish bike ride??

Carole- Ahh, enjoy the endurance week. How is your ITB?

Wendy- I just read about your career decision! Keep us posted on your progress :)

Karen- Good luck with your training.

Christine- another P90X person? Best of luck and it looks as though you and Wendy will be able to compare your experiences.

Sunny- congratulations on giving up the FT position. :7

Marcia- nice 'trip report' (except for the bathroom instructions)

Today was a 6.6 mile run with a friend. We have more fresh snow, but road/sidewalk conditions were better than on Friday... and a balmy 20 degrees. I am thankful there was no wind. I hope to get in some light legs later and maybe some Pilates.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning ladies,
I am up and feeling very bloated. My eating has not been too bad, but definitley needs a little improvement. I need to get back on track and Monday is the perfect day to do that:) I am going to take a rest day today after being naughty for several days. I will focus just on clean eating today.

Several you did not know I was a personal trainer. I was a fitness instuctor for 10 years and a pt for 8 years. I worked at various clubs including the YMCA in Northbrook Illinois and worked at Bally's fitness in the chicago area. I then got a job at Kraft food company and Statefarm insurance. I would go to these companies at lunch hour and after work hours and teach group fitness to the employees there. I then just did Personal training in peoples homes after that for a couple of years. It was a lot of fun. I definitley enjoyed the pt the most. The instructor part was exhausting after awhile.

Cathy, What is the bloodwork for? I also turned off my heartrate monitor beeper as well. It would drive me crazy. I don't wear mine every workout because I get a little obsessed with it...hm, imagine me getting obsessed}(

sunnydelite, wow, that is early. I hope you had your couple cups of coffee or caffeine of choice. Great news about the resignation.

Marcia, sounds like you had a great trip!

Karen, good for you for crosstraining. It makes all the difference. My DD just turned 8 as well. She had her first sleepover for her b-day.

Barb, sounds like a great workout. Yes, the homework thing is just going to get worse I am afraid. I just have to be incredibly organized to get it all done without pulling out my hair.:)

Christine, Great! That will be so much fun. I said next friday right? We will have to figure out a place to meet to indulge:) That will be two cheetahs under my belt then, you and Jess.

Wendy, sounds like you are right on track with your rotation. How many days of cardio are you doing? Have you noticed a difference yet with your body with new rotation?

Carole, good for you for taking a recovery week. Even though your recover week will probably be what most of us consider a hard workout week(teehee)! My girls are not even teenagers yet and my oldest has had 3 oral reports so far this year and has 4 more for her to pass to go to 3rd grade. It is insane!

Well ladies, I am off to take my girls to school. Have a great day gals and great workouts!

Cheers!

Susan

Judy, GREAT run!!! Glad the weather was not too bad:)

Another quick checkin from a painting cheetah. I finished the yellow paint on Sat, now that I'm pretty sure it's dry I can tape & do the purple trim. My IL's came down for the day Sat & it was nice to have them here. My FIL surprised me by making me an awesome shelving unit for my tiny kitchen!!! I'm soooo excited, it will give me lots more storage space. My dh has to finish staining it & hopefully we can get it in the house by the end of the week. I'm getting all kinds of *new* homemade furniture lately!! I love it!

Well, y'day was my usual rest day & church. And Greg's brother came over after church to hang out w/ us. Those bums played games w/ both computers so I had no computer time y'day! LOL That's ok, I got a lot done & the girls enjoyed playing in the fresh snow for a couple hrs.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed & did GS Back & Shoulders & am going to do some sort of cardio after I lay Allison down. She'll take an early nap & we have to pick up the girls early from school as Kiersten has her appt at the ENT. We'll see how her ears & throat are looking & what they want to do about all of her ear infections/ strep throat.

Cathy ~ I'm sticking your check in the mail for the t-shirt!! Thank you! ;-)

Well, I am back from the dreaded bloodwork. He hated every min of it and screamed and cried and tried to get loose but I'll tell ya, I did not have to wait at all and they only took 1 vile so it was really quick! Now lets see how long I have to wait to get an apptmnt with the neurologist. He is the one who ordered this bloodwork.

Carole, What yoga vid are you going to do today? I am awaiting the arrival of Baron Baptiste's Long and Lean. I am hoping to have it for Thursday which is my Yoga day!:)

Barb, An american idol audition, LOL! That's funny. Glad DS was well enough to go to school. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that he doesn't call to come home early then. :)

Judy, Nice cold weather run you had! Good for you. Cold weather slows me down. DH finds that odd. How does cold weather affect your pace?

Susan, Here's hoping your eating is better today. I find that my eating goes to heck easier on my rest days then on any other day! I get bored so I tend to eat more and some how am also tempted to eat the WRONG things! I think on a day I work out I have it in my head not to put the work out to waste by eating badly.

Jess, The shelf sounds awesome! I hope you get it installed by the end of the week. I know what you mean about storage space. I am always looking for more ways to store stuff in this house as our closets are small and we have no bsmt, garage or attic. ACK! x(

Cathy, I intend to mail off the check for the shirt tomorrow just so you know!:)

Hey Cheetah's just a quick check in and I will be back for personals after my w/out. I am off to run on the TM and then L&G for me. I had a nice rest this week end. Today we had a 2 hour delay for school. It drove my DS nuts. He asked me 50 times. Is it time to go yet! I wish I had been that excited about school as a kid. Ok, enough talking I am gonna go get busy. Talk to all later on!
LD

Wendy--poor Joey, but you got it done. I hope you get an appointment with the neurologist quickly. I remember the trip to the ER with my kids after we got bitten by bats (long story, the fun never quits around here..) and the holding-them-down-screaming thing is no fun.

Judy--slideboard minimum for me is 10" to loosen hip/leg/glute and 30" maximum. (There is a push-off bar that can be adjusted to change the width of your sideways/skater stride, so the shorter width makes it more cardio-like and the wider width more conditioning-like. I try to use it a total of 30" a week, either 2x at 15" or one longer session. --this was the rx from PT for the ITB problems, along with all the other exercises.)
Great run today! Do you use trail shoes? I was wishing for some yesterday. I ended up eeking out 7 miles, but it was a struggle after too many days off from being sick.
Ready for this? My DH signed up to do 3 days of biking 100 miles a day!! I have no idea if he'll be able to do it. It's a great cause and a dear friend of ours has a daughter who survived a brain tumor, and we are all praying she stays healthy. My kids and I are amazed he signed on. It's not at all typical of him. A new phase for our family without a doubt.

Jess--congrats on the extra storage unit. Sounds like you are being very productive around your house.

Susan-I didn't know you were a trainer. That is really cool. I bet your former clients still wonder about you. Is it something you will do again as your kids get older? Enjoy your rest day.

LD--Have fun with your TM workout and LG. A 2-hour delay for school start would drive ME crazy, but it's so awesome your child loves school. Our kids are lucky in that way.

-Barb

Wendy,
OOH! You bought Baron's dvd. I think you will really like this one. Sorry to hear about Joey and the bloodwork. I am glad it is done. It is good they only had to do one vile. I am the opposite when it comes to eating. I tend to eat really clean on the days I do not work out. I know I am not burning any calories.

Barb, yes, I think I will definitley return to personal training when my kids get older. I will never work in a club again though. I really enjoyed doing it on my own and going to peoples home. There is such a demand for that.

Jess, That is great about the shelf. It is amazing how just something like a shelf can make a huge difference in storage. My hubby put shelves all around the play room and what a difference it made.

I am off to do laundry ladies. I will see ya later.

Susan

Susan,

I just realized I forgot to answer your question about the P90X rotation I am doing. Yes, I feel I can see results already in my abs. My arms feel more pumped but I don't know if they look any different. I am doing 3 days of cardio but the rotation I am doing only calls for 2. I am trying to run a min of 1 day per week, maybe 2 with one class at the gym (step, kick or spin). If I don't run 2 days then I will usually do whatever X cardio is on the rotation which is either plyo or kickbox. I admit I was nervous at first about the cut in cardio but I feel good about it now. I have not gained any weight. In fact, last I checked I had lost a couple of pounds but who knows if that is "for real" or not! LOL I am definately a fan of the X so far! Very glad I decided to give it a shot!:)

Hello Cheetahs! I’m trying to catch up on personals from over the weekend. You all had a lot to say.

Anyway, my weekend was pretty low-key, which is how I prefer them. I spent precious time with the family, cleaned house, and did lots of laundry. In other words a typical weekend. However I did get in a 4 mile run on Saturday and B&G Standing floor & Ab premix on Sunday. I envy you SAHMs who have time to do things around the house and have quality time with the family. The only time I get to clean the house is on the weekend in between doing errands like grocery shopping. There is no time during the week because as soon as I get off work and pick the kids up at daycare and then fix dinner and eat, the night is almost over. There is literally only 1 ½ hours left before the kids go to bed and then I start getting stuff ready for the next day.

Today is a scheduled rest day. During my lunch hour I’m taking DD and DS to the pediatrician. DD needs to get her 2nd flu shot and DS has been running a low grade fever for almost a week now, even though it comes and goes about every couple hours. This morning he said he was not feeling well, but no other symptoms besides the sniffles.

On to personals…

Cathy – Once again thank you for doing everything regarding the shirts. I will be mailing you a check in the next couple of days. (I hope to get it out in the mail tomorrow.) All of your shopping purchases look great. I love Gin Miller. She is a great instructor.

Karen – I hope you had a great time shopping with your girls and mom. It sounds like a great time. Great job on the 5K.

Sunny D – How’s the personal training going? Good luck with your client this morning. Congrats on being able to resign from your full time job! Great job on running 5 miles. Your cruise sounds like so much fun. You are going to have a wonderful time. I see you brushed the dust off of your P90X. I did the same about a week or two ago, even though I am not following any kind of rotation just fitting in workout here and there in between my running.

Wendy – Your workouts look great from this weekend. Great job on the 5 mile run. I think you would make a great personal trainer. Go for it! I’m sure you will pass with flying colors the first time around. Congrats to your DH for graduating from school!

Jess – Your workout at the Y from Saturday sounds like a good one. Great job! Great job on Hannah’s walls. The only painting that happens in my house is if I do it myself. Good thing I like to paint. My favorite thing to do is paint murals on my kids walls. Wallpaper can be beautiful, but a real pain in the butt to remove.

Carole – Is your IT band still giving you problems? I’m glad you didn’t have any ITB band pain with your run yesterday.

ShellyC – I’m glad to hear your injuries are gone and your energy has returned. That is great! Good luck with your HM in May.

Laura - You are a better woman than I am for running in 26 degree weather. My butt will be staying on the treadmill until it warms up a little. Great job on the 4 miler.

Hello to RunnerGirl, Colleen, Susan, Laurie, Marcia, & Barb. I hope I didn’t forget anyone.

Well, I’m off to lunch and doctor appointments. Talk at ya later!

I’m back! Wow! We’re a chatty group today! Instead of a run, I’m going to a spin class with one of my coworkers – one I thought disliked me for some reason, so I’m pretty excited. I changed my rotation to run on Tuesday and Thursday this week. I did C&W abs – I really do not like Ab Ripper X, but I’ll do it once a week (just not on Mondays!). So, I’m feeling strong! I love the way P90X makes me feel.

Wendy – So sorry to hear about the bloodwork for Joey – glad it was quick! It’s so hard to see our babies in pain!! And YES! My fellow P90X Sister! You’re the one who got me thinking of starting a new rotation. I really enjoyed it before. Just got done creating Excel charts for the workout sheets as I’ve already used mine. So if anyone needs them… Do you like ARX?

Carole – funny about Sadie as we had both our dogs inside and DH was yelling and screaming and both of them just looked at him like, “Oh, wonderful, here we go again.” He has a reputation in the neighborhood, too. It’s quite funny – but he’s LOUD!!

Barb – so sorry you have a sick DS! Hope he feels better soon! I’m starting with Chest and Back in P90X. I’ve been in the mood for push ups of all things. I’m going down further on my “toe” ones – so that’s good. I’ll get strong enough to do all of my reps on my toes one day. Maybe… You know, I love Cathe, but it’s sure nice looking at a hot man.

Judy – this is my second time through, so I’m not doing it exact. I’m adding a leg floorwork day and I’m running and biking for cardio. But, it’s a great series if you want to gain strength. Good job on the run – you mad woman you! :+

Susan – I think you’re my third Cheetah – I’ve met Carole and Elaine (almost met Cathy but just didn’t have time). When AmyG was posting here, I could claim her, too – she lives in San Mateo. I just love meeting everyone. It’s like we’re already old friends. I’m really looking forward to it. What kind of indulgence do you desire? Indian? Thai? Italian?... (okay, now I’m hungry!)

Jess – can your DH and FIL come to my house? I’d love to have such handy men around. My DH can barely hammer a nail straight! I’m not kidding. One Thanksgiving we were all in North Carolina at my parent’s beach house and the men of the neighborhood got together to build an access way over the dunes to the beach. My BIL and DF were deep into the fray of things, but they used DH as a fetcher and carrier, not trusting him. They did let him hammer some nails, though, and every time we walk across that access way my dad stops and points to a nail and says, “Look, there the nail that Ved hammered.” DH gets a kick out it – he knows he’s not handy but he was happy to help.

Kristi – sounds like a fabulous weekend.

Hi to any and all who follow - Elaine and Laurie - we MISS YOU!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.