::: CHEETAHS ::: lovin' the weekend!! sat. 6.2

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies~ :)

I woke up a bit earlier than I'd intended, but that's OK - I'm gonna get out there early and beat the heat. It'll be a run followed by a Squeeze mish-mosh and some yoga. And THEN it's off to my hot stone massage. Woo-woo! :) After that, I need to pick up some new Bermuda shorts. Last night, I tried on my favorite pair from last summer and they were falling off.

Jess :: definitely understand the excitement about the tris! I really liked those side tri rises, too. And those extensions where you twist your wrist seemed to get in there good as well.

Enjoy your Saturday, cheetahs! BBL

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetah pals:7

cathy- i too woke up a bit earlier than i wanted. i am surprised as ds #2 woke up at 1am:( and kept us up until about 3am. anywho, have fun with your massage. sounds wonderful!

today i am not doing any other workout besides spinning all day long (ouch) for my spin certification. wooohhooo, i am so very excited. last night we had an informal training at the new YWCA and the place is going to be so very awesome. all of the equipment is state of the art. the treadmills and ellipticals have their own television.

have a great day ladies!!

Morning Cheetah-Babes!

Cathy: Have fun getting massaged and shopping! Ever had a hot stone massage before? Let us know how it is!!!

Sunny: My gym just replaced a lot of it's cardio equipment and alot of the new machines have the built in tvs too. Very cool. Good luck with your spinning cert! You are just certifying all over creation! How much longer until you hear the results for your group fitness cert and what would that enable you to teach? I am dragging my heels on my p/t cert. It's the practical that is killin' me of all things. LOL I'll get it done though. I'm not throwing the money I paid to do this down the drain!

Today calls for my choice of leg work outs and a run at the gym. DH is coming to the gym with me later. He is FINALLY going to go back today after a several month hiatus! I am having a hard time choosing a leg work out! Butts and Guts, GS Legs or PLB...Decisions decisions!!!:p

Okay, I am going to go back to yesterday's thread, catch up on what I haven't read and do the personals that never got done as well so I'll be back!:7

Okay, I'm back...

Kristi, So how did the yard sale go? How much did you sell last night before it even "officially" started? I hope you can get in the run that you missed this weekend! Tomorrow maybe? :)

Gayle, So your sale was a success? I can't wait to see pics of the boys newly redecorated bedrooms! Are they excited?

Carole, Do you have an update on your DH?

Jackie, Okay I am either clueless or just very forgetful...you said you will be packing...where are you going??

Jess, The definition you can get from the X is AMAZING!!!! Good job!

Laurie, Have fun playing in the dirt! LOL I need to buy flowers...still haven't done it. I am going shopping with my mom tmrw for carpet...maybe we can do some flower browsing as well. :) I like the look of the flowers but to be honest, I am no green thumb. I don't ENJOY gardening. I am going to have to force myself to do it. Wanna come over? ;)

Okay, well it appears I am all caught up...not a busy day y'day!

Sunny :: Know you'll do great, but good luck anyway! :) Sounds like some awesome new equipment. I love TVs on every machine!

Wendy :: other than trying a deep tissue massage once, I usually stick to regular Swedish. We'll see if this is worth the extra pesos!

I just finished a 4 mile run and a 29-min. Squeeze mish-mosh of:
Full Squeeze Legs, "L", Buns & Thighs; Power Squeeze Abs (yowzas!) and Custom Squeeze Foldover Plank. Love doing this after a run!! Yoga will have to wait until later (or possibly tomorrow). I'm out of time and need to hop in the shower.

TTFN-
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I do believe they helped. The tests went well for my DH. Nothing seriously wrong. He will stay on the high blood pressure/chest pain meds for another 6 weeks until his next check-up. He needs to try and avoid the stress, exercise, .:).., not drink a lot of caffeine, cut back on the beer, and drink more water. So I am hoping he follows his orders!

Cathy...honestly...I am not sure even chatty Rich could stand melodramatic Jari...:)...I do believe the CTX step segments are a bit tricky choreographically. Sorry you had to reschedule the blood work and Dr appt. Finding the right lab is tough here too. Yes S&B is long but he is so cute...:)..Enjoy your hot stone massage. How fun to get some smaller bermuda shorts! Sounds like a nice run and Squeeze mish mosh..

Sunny...good luck with your spin certification.

Wendy....have fun at the gym with DH. Tough to choose between those leg workouts..I like them all!

Jackie...I like that iClimb Core #17 too.

Jess...nice tricep pic!!

Laurie..yes I did do a number on my ribs. I swear the older you get the HARDER you fall! I bet showers are tough with all those girls!!

I am thinking of all of Amy Bentos APX and some EXT today. Then more painting....:)

Hey ladies!! This Cheetah ran 4 miles this morning! Solo!! Yep, my buddies are in San Diego preparing to run the R & R marathon tomorrow. I did some speedwork too, yikes! I felt slow!! I don't want to embarrass myself for my 5K in 2 weeks! :eek: It did feel good to get out & get it done though.

Must go shower now & prepare for company. Greg's best friend & family will be here. They are traveling from FL to Alaska!! (he's in the Coast guard) It will be lots of fun.

Have a great weekend!!! I'll check in later! ;-)

Hello to all the wonderful cheetahs! I'm back:7 :7 and I missed chattin with y'all!! I spent the last 4 days in Phoenix with its 100+ degree temps:( Actually it never climbed over 106 so that was pretty mild for that area! I had to attend 2 days of classes and work/observe on their open heart unit (where I've actually been employed before..... dumb, I know but they were paying me so, what the heck!) I was in the OR yesterday observing a long complex case so that was interesting. Overall, it really went pretty well. I did manage to get in some runs on the TM at the hotel fitness center.
They actually put us up in a nice place, the Biltmore Homewood Suites so I actually felt a little pampered:)

Anyway, I am delighted to be back in my own home again with my 3 dogs and 2 kitties! Still missing my DH terribly (he is still in NJ helping my FIL recuperate from open heart surgery)

For today it'll be a 7 mile run around my hilly neighborhood:) and B&G. :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 woooohoooooo I'm back!

ShellyC

I have time for some personals before hitting the road!

Cathy- I'll be taking a trip to the post office later today and I anticipate having the "squeeze" dvd waiting for me! Can't wait :D
Glad to hear you're keeping up with the running and I am SO terribly excited to be running a 5k with you THIS MONTH!!!!!! Have a great massage today... I've heard terrific things about those hot stone ones.

SunnyD- You sound as busy as ever! You may be a tad sick of spinning after today though! I bet you'll make an awesome spin instructor.... the kind everyone loves to hate}( ;-) Your new YWCA does sound like it'll be a fantastic place to work and I'm so thrilled for ya!

Wendy- Hiya! Ready for the Sheehan classic? We'll have to get a pic of us with our medals post race to share with this group! Have a great run and leg day!

Carole- I gather from your post and others today that your DH had an episode of chest pain? Sorry, I haven't had a chance to go back and read previous days that I've been gone! I assume he had a stress test/echo, etc and that all checked out okay, I'm sure you and he were quite relieved and I hope he views it in a positive way as a wake up call and incentive for some lifestyle changes! Now, if I can only get MY DH to do that!;-) How are you feeling lately?
Going for a long run tomorrow?

Jess- I've heard the San Diego RnR is a better one than Phoenix.
I thought the Phoenix one was terrific so your pals are in for a good time. I bet they really wish you were with them though. Great job with the speedwork but I HIGHLY doubt you'll be embarrassing yourself on the 5k!

That's all the catch up I have time for now! I hope to check back later.... have some shopping to do also!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Jess - Those triceps are looking good! Glad you felt more rested. Great job on the run and speedwork! Think you will do fine with your 5K! Enjoy your day with friends.

Sunny - Yep, I've got my 3 downloads for June already. These really sound like fun. I'm glad Grace did another pure sprint iTread. Good luck with your spin certification! You are going to be awesome! Are you excited about starting the new job next week?

Laurie - How did Marley do last night? Our Relay For Life is this Friday but I'll be out of town. Won't get to participate. The iClimbs help the time to go by fast and makes the workout more fun. Did you sneak a run in?

Cathy - I'm leaving for Jacksonville Tuesday evening. DBF wanted to drive. Told him I would help. We will drive half way and spend the night along the way. We'll get up Wednesday and head out again. We'll return late Sunday. DBF is a diver but I plan on getting some pampering in. I want to get a massage and facial while I'm there. Glad you had a nice workout! Enjoy your massage.

Wendy - Hope you had a nice run and a good leg workout. Glad you're getting DH back to the gym.

Carole - Glad everything went well with DH. Now just nag him to death! LOL! I broke down and ordered Amy's Kick Box workout. I didn't see where I could map a route on Motion Based. So, I went to Favorite Run and mapped out a nice route for this morning. The mileage was pretty close too.

Shelly - Welcome back! Missed you posting! Phoenix was hot, hot, hot! Glad you had a safe trip.

Gayle & Kristi - Hope your yardsales are a big success!

I ran 8.2 miles outside this morning and came back home and did 2.2 miles on the treadmill. Wanted to check the treadmill out after having it serviced. I ran through our downtown district this morning for a little change of scenery. Made the run so much better. Lot of people out and moving about at 6 am. No isolated areas either and that helped me feel safe. Finished up with a zencast stretch plus 10 additional minutes. Time to hit the showers.

Have a great Saturday!

Jackie

ACK! We had to stop enroute to the gym for DH to pick up another Ipod armband because he lost his. We stopped at Target and Sears and he found only one for $30.00! He refused to pay that much so he dropped Joey and I off at the gym and went on the hunt. He finally found the same kind I have in Kohls on sale for $20.00. He said that's still too much $ in his opinnion but he was feeling desperate already. LOL He ended up having no time for a work out but atleast now he ready to go for next time.

So I decided on the GS Leg Timesaver premix #1 (33 min)(I got to use my barbell again!) plus the inner thigh floor work. For my run I chose the popular favorite Itread set 13/30 min all sprint work out! }(

I will come back later for personals. I am going to let DH use the computer for now while I put DS up to bed, shower and do some housework. Maybe I'll even nap. I am heading out for the evening around 5pm but hope to get back here before I go!:)

Ciao!:)

Jackie- Awesome job on the 10+ total miles today!!! Your outdoor run sounded fun:) Sounds like you have a Florida trip planned! You really should try scuba diving yourself. My DH and I used to do it quite a bit when we lived in Florida--- it's a wonderful experience!!

ShellyC

Hey cheetahs!

Back from my massage…WOWOWOW!!! This tops ‘em all. As I said to my massage therapist, “It ROCKED!” (She let out a long groan at that one.) I think I may be hooked. She found a spot on the outside of my left knee that's been bugging me a little lately. It just amazes me how they can feel out the problem areas. Said the tendon is a bit tight.

Thought I might spend the afternoon doing errands and schoolwork, but I’m still in la-la land on a total post-massage high. Might just have to do my kick-backin’ today instead.

Carole :: I am glad to hear that it is nothing serious with DH, and hope, too, that this helps him make healthy changes…*lol* about the Rich & Jari comments…Oh, yeah – ITA Joey is a dream puff. I was completely transfixed the whole time – those teeth! those eyelashes! that bod!…Yeah, it was a relief to get shorts that fit. It seems like I’ve been experiencing one long, continual wardrobe crisis. *lol* When I’d been gaining weight, it was a dilemma trying to squeeze into things – now it’s an issue where I’m either losing my pants or swimming in some ridiculously large top. Have fun painting! How’s it coming along?

Jess :: I know what you mean – when I was out there today, I was thinking how I am SO not ready for the 5K at the end of the month. Things are VERY slow-going for me lately. But I don’t care – I’m just going for the camaraderie. Which is odd. I used to be so competitive with myself (as strange as that sounds), but until I get closer to my goal weight, I don’t have much desire to race at all. I guess because I know I won’t be able to make much speed progress until I do. Have fun with Greg’s buddy & co.!

Shelly :: YAY!! You’re back! We’ve missed you. Only you would (or perhaps I should say COULD) do a 7 mile hilly run + B&G. :) Holy smokes – you never cease to amaze… How is your FIL?…I know – I can’t wait to meet you and I hope Wendy, too.

Jackie :: I have always wanted to splurge on an all-day pampering session – I mean, the WORKS. I’ve never had a facial but would like to try one…have you gone scuba diving before?

Wendy :: sounds like a great workout! Those iPod accessories can be expensive. I wound up having to buy a different pair of headphones (and they weren’t cheap!) b/c mine kept falling out of my ears. I thought of you last night as I went to bingo. No winnings, but I’ve got the fever. Never did make it out to the bar. Think I will crack up open a Corona Light in a bit.

Hi All! Quick check in for me as it's a crazy day. Did Spinervals Hillacious (love the rolling hills simulations in that one - it's a blast!) followed by a little of Iron Yoga - which is interesting. The instructor is good and I think I'll like it when I have more time.

We're getting new bedroom furniture today, so I had to clear the old stuff out and it's now shoved into a corner out of the way. DH went to Home Depot to get some workers to help us move the stuff upstairs to the downstairs bedroom (which was cleaned out when DS moved out). And in about 20 minutes, I have to leave to take Jimmy to the vets for his last round of puppy shots. DH has a batchelor party tonight for a member of the Old Fart's Club who is going to Hawaii to get married to the woman he's been dating (and cheating on) for the last 7 years - why they are getting married I have no idea. He's not giving up his house in San Jose (she lives 40 minutes north of San Jose) and it's just a rental (he does not own it). What a farce... But he's DH's friend so I keep my mouth shut (except to exclaim shock and indignation that she was finally able to pin him down to a date - they've been engaged for 3 years and he's been putting off the marriage).

Good heavens I should write for a soap opera - nah, no one would believe that story!

Anyway - hope everyone has a fabulous day! I'm hoping to be back for personals!

Whew, I just woke up from a nap. The MT said I might be feeling fatigued, that the heat/massage combo works out a lot of "junk" from the muscles, and I guess she was right 'cuz I nodded right out. Woke up feeling refreshed. Oh I *must* have this done more often! It's about $25 more than the regular massage, but I think it's worth it! Anywho...

Christine :: OMG, it is a soap opera. Very interesting situation!...And I completely forgot about your DS. How is he doing? Do you see him often?...those hill workouts sound killer. I do like the instructor in IY, too. He's on the soft-spoken side but not in an annoying way. I haven't done that one in awhile. My initial impression was similar to yours: that it's "different." I have to work that one in to my current rotation. I left my cardio and yoga options wide open for flexibility, so I should be able to. As I keep adding new workout DVDs, I "forget" about some of them.

~Cathy :)

Not sure if anyone will see this but....had an early day today, our exchange student went home. It was very sweet to see all of the hugs, laughs and tears shared by all of the students as they said their goodbyes. This was a really wonderful experience for the kids. I got in an 8K run and worked in the garden for a few hours, boy did I sweat buckets! I'll sleep well tonight.

Cathy, Hot stone hey! Sweet!! I give 'em, but haven't had one in....hmmm...2 years. People love getting them and I really enjoy givng them...when I'm done my hands feel like buttah :) Glad you could get a nap after and snooze off all of that metabolic crud. Congrats on the baggy bermudas :) Losing weight can be hard on the budget but it's worth it and then some!

Sunny, hope your spinning training went well. That's exciting that the gym is going to be state of the art. Keeps things interesting:)

Wendy, sounds like a busy day, hope your night out tonight is lots 'o fun! :) I'll be over tomorrow around noon to dig in your dirt:p :+

Carole, I'll keep my fingers crossed that your DH will comply with doctor's orders. Staying away from the exercise shouldn't be hard but if he likes his beers..that could be tough. There you go again with Amy APX...hmmmm...I need to fit that in soon.

Jess, good job on your run. Enjoy your company!

Shelly, welcome home:) Nice that you got to feel a bit pampered while you were away. Running then B&G:eek: }( You ARE back BIG TIME!

Jackie, no I didn't get to sneak a run in last night so I was rarin' to go this morning. I'm also amazed at how many folks are out and about when I get out early. Nice to run through town when it's fairly quiet. Marley had a great time at Relay for Life, she especially liked the 3:00a.m. talent show...she's a talented girl but she ain't no singer...but that didn't stop her from stepping up to the mike:+ She was pretty punchy this morning but got a bit of sleep and is at a concert tonight with her boyfriend...oh to be 16....NO THANK YOU! :+ :7

Christine, yikes that does sound like a soap opera...'As the Stomach Turns':+ I'm so glad my life has minimal drama...glad you got a good workout in, I love the sound of 'hillacious'}(

I'm hoping to get in a loooong bike ride tomorrow...the lilacs will be fading soon and I want to bask in them while I can:)

Take Care
Laurie

Finished with all of the packing I'm doing today. Just have to throw small things in Monday and I'll be ready to go after work Tuesday. Thought I would check on the Cheetahs and see what you were up to.

Wendy - Sorry DH had to miss out on the gym workout today. So, he should be prepared for next time, right? Agree with your DH that a lot of accessories are overpriced. Be sure and get iTread #19 sprint and add it to #13. That should be a killer.

Cathy - I'm jealous of that hot stone massage. I can imagine it was heavenly and relaxing. When I go on vacation, I usually try and get a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and any waxing that needs to be done. That can sometimes take 4 hours or more. But, believe me, it is so worth it. I'm salivating again here.

Shelly - If I didn't swim like a rock, I might give scuba diving a try. I'm just not comfortable enough to get out there with DBF. I will snorkel as long as I can stand up in the water. I even have my own gear.

Christine - Yay for the new furniture! Does sound like you have your own soap opera close by. Maybe he needs someone to take care of him.

Laurie - Glad the exchange student had such a great experience along with your kids. Guess Marley has more energy than I could muster up after a long night. Hope you sleep well tonight. Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow.

I enjoyed a veggie lovers pizza tonight. I'm a little exhausted and I'm hoping for a good night's sleep.

Nighty night!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.