::: CHEETAHS ::: life is good - sat., 5.26

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs— :)

Ahh, the three day weekend. It's a beautiful thing. :) :) :)

Yesterday was a rest day for me, and today is supposed to be yoga.

Sunny :: I stopped in yesterday morning before work and posted on the open forums but didn't get around to posting on the check-in. Then later on, I just never made it back. I had a haircut & pedi after school and then jetted off to happy hour to meet some friends for a bit.

Carole :: well, the pain stopped after I stopped running…it was weird…So, what color paint are you going with? I love the look of hardwood or laminate floors. That'll be nice.

Laurie :: that is sweet of DD’s friends to throw her a party…great job on shaving off some time on your run! You’re back in full force!!

Jackie :: I love pizza but need to cut out the pepperoni. Lately, I have had a hankering for it. Have fun at the reunion!

Christine :: hope you’re feeling better!

Shelly :: I can't imagine you getting any age blues - you are SO strong and fit and high-energy! It seems like nothing can slow you down.

I posted a few other personals Thursday night – hope you caught ‘em. No big weekend plans here, either. I have a bunch of grading to do and am hoping to get it all done today. Tomorrow my sister and her BF are coming down from PA for a BBQ with the fam. Monday – nothing (I hope!)

Hi to all who follow - have a great day! :)
Cathy :)

hello,

well I am off for a run with my friend even though its raining off and on here. My family will have a cookout tomorrow at my moms for the holiday. I am working on monday. It pays time and a half and I cant afford to pass it up. Our construction drive way is in,we closed the construction loan on wednesday and they plan on digging june 3rd. finally seeing something other than paying money happen. YIPEE!! I stained the trim in my current home yesterday and will paint today. sounds like carole and other people are also painting too. we are gonna put our home on the market. My brother dont make enough. he was turned down my one bank and trying thru another but we cant afford to waist time and have him be denied when we could have had our home on the market for several weeks now. the real estate company said that if something comes up and he is approved that it would exclude them from getting paid, so I will go ahead with listing it and hope he can get it anyway. anyway, gotta go, have a great weekend everyone!

Hi ladies. YES....life IS good! I hope you all have a great, relaxing, fun weekend!

I've been MIA all week. I was in my own litle version of depression, I guess. Every once in a while, I fall into the blues and just struggle to get out of them. Since the HM last month, I've been struggling. Of those 4 weeks since the race, 2 of them were excellent and the other 2 (inclluding this past week) were just downright BAD. Who knows what triggers the moods? Wish I knew. BUT....that lightswitch tripped yesterday and all of a sudden I'm back at it. It's hard to understand, isn't it? Even when you experience it. LIFE IS GOOD.

I skipped my workouts Tue, Wed and Thurs, and my eating was horrendous, but I'm forgetting all that and got back on track yesterday. Mid-day, I found myself with an hour ALONE so I hit the basement and did my fave step workout....Rythmic Step. My eating was on target and I even avoided all those pitfalls when I treated younger DS to McD's. lol Then this morning, I was up early for B&G.

Our weekend plans are very simple. RELAX! My Aunt is in from Boston, and we're all headed to the local BIG farmer's market. I'm EXCITED about all the fresh produce (specifically, eggplant). This weekend I've got a few small projects (now that both boys' rooms are all painted)....moving younger DS's bunk beds back into his room, smoke out the moles that are in the backyard (kids are excited about this one, lol), and move my PC from the spare bedroom upstairs to my living room (but to do so, I have to 'fix' an existing piece of furniture that's in MY room so it will work downstairs). SMALL projects, lol.

ANYWAY...sorry to ramble. Sorry for being a bad Cheetah and poster these past few days. BUT...I'm back and feeling good and would like to keep it that way!

Gayle

Super-dee-duper quick check in as I have to be at work in 50 minutes and I'm pushing it for time... I just finished CircuitMax, LOVE that workout, a little bit of everything and a whole lot of sweatin'. I'm taking Marley and Faith (my 16 and 12 year old) to the spa later to get their brows and upper lips waxed (the price they pay for gorgeous dark hair:)) then some downtown time to shop for gifts for the French exchange student coming tomorrow. Enjoy your long weekend Ladies :)

Take Care
Laurie

Good Saturday mornin', Cheetahs!! I've been busy working out & getting things ready for company! Only just found out last night that Greg's brother & SIL won't be coming!! Oh well, that's fine too. We are headed to my IL's house for a big family dinner today instead. Greg's Grandpa isn't doing well (he has leukemia) & his Grandma is in the hospital w/ heart problems. We can't take off til after Hannah's last soccer game though. Greg's Aunt Carol is coming on Tues & staying til Thurs though so I will have to be the early bird to fit in my workouts. I never feel comfortable working out in front of company! (and she's probably think I was nuts for the pullups/ pushups! LOL)

I have some DOMS in the glutes/ thighs!! On Thurs I ended up doing L & B, and then did DrillMax Leg/ cardio premix. And.. then I did KickMax y'day. Yep, that got the booty for sure! }(

Today is CST + ARX. I'm letting Greg sleep in a bit & then we'll get the workout done this morning. It's my last time doing CST in Phase 2, then after next week will be my 2nd recovery week! :eek:

To my Cheetah pals!

Cathy ~ Enjoy your weekend! When is your school out for the summer? My girls are done on Thurs, and then just have to go on June 4th to pick up report cards. It's gonna be a long summer, I can feel it! :p Did I miss it? Did you find a summer job yet? Have fun w/ your sis!

Laura ~ Good to see ya! Good luck w/ the house, I have 2 friends that are in the middle of building houses & there are so many decisions/ details to pay attention to!

Gayle ~ Glad you pulled out of the funk. I think we all hit those at times. Glad you're feeling back to normal. Exercise helps me tremendously when I feel yucky (no wonder I exercise so much! }( ).

Laurie ~ I'm so glad you're posting again. I've missed your sweet smile around here! Have a fun day w/ your girlies!

Carole ~ I see you popped in! Have fun painting! I love painting, it makes everything seem so *fresh*! We've painted every room in our house now except our bedroom. I'm glad that your hip is feeling better too, you're lucky to have such great relatives! Have a great weekend!

Off to make breakfast for my kiddos & wake up Greg to work out!! }(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...For the color, as I am rather conservative, it'll most likely be a very light peach. We have an olive green couch and chair that is new and the carpet in that area is brown so not trying to go very bold! I am also looking forward to the laminate look in the entry, dining room and kitchen. It'll be a busy summer...We have a family BBQ sunday too.

Laura...hope you house sells ASAP. That is too bad your brother could not qualify. Enjoy your BBQ.

Gayle...sorry about the blues, I have been there. The nice thing is after a few days you can snap out of it and get back to normal things...:)...Have fun at the Farmers Market.

Laurie...god job with Circuitmax. I didn't know you were getting an exchange student...how fun!

Jess...sounds like a lot of company for you! I can see why you have the DOMS...wow...you did some awesome workouts. Enjoy the weekend.

I am not sure what workout I am doing today. I am thinking kickboxing, I'll be back later and let you know..

Have a great day...:)

RE: To my Cheetah pals!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Susan - How was tea with Mary?

Shelly - Great job on the run yesterday! Hope work is a breeze for you this weekend.

Christine - Where do you take your HRM to have the battery changed? My needs a good servicing. How did Jimmy do at the office? Hey, don't give me any ideas about how to get a spin bike. LOL!!

Laurie - Glad your runs are more fun for you. Nice going just to be going.

Carole - Pilates is a good change of pace. You should give it a try. Have fun painting this weekend. Hope you had a nice workout whatever you decided to do.

Cathy - Have fun with your sis and her BF! I want to do absolutely nothing on Monday too after I get my workout in.

Laura - Hope you had a great run! Enjoy the family time. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for your brother.

Gayle - Sorry to hear you've been feeling a little depressed but glad you're getting back to your old self. You're right, who knows what could cause these swings. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

Jess - Enjoy your day at the IL!

I mapped out a new route this morning and got in 7 miles. I really enjoyed the run. The temp was about 68 and the change of scenery was great. I'll have to do that more often. The Garmin was right on too. Came back home and did Cool It Off Express. This is a really great stretch.

I have to get moving. Wanted to check in with my friends. Things are getting started about 1:00 today with the family reunion.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jackie

Good afternoon ladies,

sounds like everyone is having a great day so far!

today i went to the gym to do a spin class only to find out there are no classes todayx( luckily i had my ipod so i went into the spin room and did an icycle:D . sweat was literally dripping onto the floor}( . afterwards dh came to the gym and we worked back and biceps. it's hard to type right now...}( :D .

we are off to the bike shop!!!

have a great day to all:)

A little break from grading…I am plowing through it - yeah!!! Three more classes of book reviews to go.

Gayle :: glad to hear you’ve come out of your funk…I do believe we have to control that switch, and I think it helps to surround yourself with positive people and ignore negativity, whether it's coming from others or from your mind. Sometimes we do ourselves in with overthinking. Enjoy the relaxation this weekend!

Laurie :: OK, I had to go consult my Cathe catalog and check out CM. Looks good! How do you like Cardio Kicks?

Jess :: whoa, y’day you worked like a BEAST!…I am done on June 20. I have applied for two committee jobs in my school district – each would be a week long. I know one of them is in the bag, for sure, but I don’t know about the other. I will also be tutoring a kid for 6 weeks, and that’ll be some good cash money!…enjoy CST & ARX. Seems like the X is flying for you.

Carole :: that sounds like a nice combo. Enjoy k’boxing, if that’s what you decide.

Jackie :: sounds like perfect temps for your run this morning. Isn’t the Garmin a beautiful thing? Mine is offbeat once in a great while, but it’s such a worthwhile investment. I love having it.

Sunny :: sounds like an awesome workout! Have fun at the bike shop.

OK, off to do a quick stretch and then I’m going to tie myself down to the kitchen table again and resume grading. I wonder how long it will take me to get through it. Did I mention I’m still in my pajamas?

Good Morning all! Quick check in today- I've been lazing. Last night was fun but the food was definitely not CLEAN! I'm actually not fond of French food. I don't understand the need to cover everything in sauce. But this was a fabulous restaurant so it was tolerable. And thewines and champagne! YUM! Dealing with a bit of a hangover, but I've been hydrating.

Jimmy did well yesterday and won everyone's heart - even my boss who was very skeptical at first. He's really a good little guy and listens well, so he just followed me around and made everyone smile. I took him to the fountain we have by the office and hep played around in that - having a blast.

Not sure what I'm going to do today - either a hike or a Spinerval I think.

Jackie - I just take my HRM to a local watch repair place - they replace the battery. It's easy.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi again everybody. Checking in before I log a few miles quick.

Cathy-you are SOOOOOO right. After some deep soul-searching this past week, I realized those 2 same things.....that we HAVE to control that switch and that I overthink everything. EVERYTHING. That's when I get overwhelmed by it all and that's when I let that switch get turned to 'blues'. (lol)

ANYWAY....farmers market was awesome, as usual. My older DS really enjoys going and picking out and trying new foods.

We're headed to an impromptu get together up the block, and I've got some blondies in the oven now. When they're done, I'm going to the basement to clear my head and run a few miles. It's cooler down there anyway, since it's 90 outside today! LOL

Gayle

Just a quick drop-in to say - WHEW! - I am *FINISHED* with all the grading I needed to do this weekend. (Wow, is it 4 pm already??) Now, I'm off to kick back in the fresh air. Yoga will happen later.

Gayle :: mm, blondies! Sounds delish. Have fun!

~Cathy :)

I opted for 10 Minute Solutions Yoga - 10 min. of buns & thighs, abs, and flexibility work for a total of 30 minutes. It's not a tough routine but was just what I needed after being seated for so long while I graded papers. And it's so danged hot, I sweated buckets, anyway.

Have a great night!
~Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.