::: cheetahs ::: last day of 2006!!

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs! Happy New Year's Eve! :)

I'm planning a run a little later this morning and possibly some weights.

Now I'm off to see what I missed from last night.

-Cathy

Carole :: Good to hear your thoughts on the best way to get results…I’m not a P90x’er, but would you say 4x cardio (running) and each body part 2x a week would be an effective combo? My goals are to burn fat and get more ripped. I didn’t make it to Trader Joe’s yesterday…After picking up my own luggage (!), I was short on time. The massage was nice…but the last one I had was better…it’s funny…I always get someone different. This lady did a lot of the finger chop, which doesn’t do much for me. I am still working on that letter (I have to add more to it), but it will be going out soon. Yes, if I am incensed enough about something, I do write letters.

Marcia :: definitely do not obsess about the bathing suit thing…the intense determination that comes through in your posts leaves no doubt that you *will* reach your goals this year!

Good morning cheetahs......

Happy New year's eve!!!!!!!

we are bringing in the new year by going out to dinner and then playing games with the kids!

cathy- my goals are the same as yours. i am struggling with the best way to get there and what kind of rotation to do. however i know the biggest factor in me reaching my goals is to eat cleaner. so i must work on that.

don't think i will have time for a workout today. just have too many things to do. tomorrow starts the 1st group run with my gym, i am very excited about that.

have a great day and a rockin' new year's eve ladies!!:7

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...what I found was to really get definition I had to lift heavy at least one day a week. I would add the endurance weight work mostly because I love to work those muscles! I am glad you got the massage. I have become very picky and it would be hard to change my present massage therapist as I think she is awesome...:)

Sunny...sounds fun to run with a group!! I bet you will enjoy it. I am thinking dinner for tonight and a movie. I rarely go out anymore.

I will be doing 12-14 miles on part of the marathon course we will be running the 14th. Good to remember some of the course! Then some Football viewing...

Have a great day...

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/newyear/lines/hny21.gif[/img]

carole- i like the way you are brining in the new year! have a fun run today.

i forgot to mention in my earlier post..i received my cathe calendar yesterday!!!!! thanks to all of you enablers:p :D

Hi Sunny & Carole!

Sunny :: aren't you glad you ordered the calendar? I'm taking down 2006's Greek Islands today and putting up Cathe as the ultimate daily motivation. I really should hang mine on the fridge. You're absolutely right about the clean eating. *sob* lol

Carole :: thanks for the advice...I am probably hanging in tonight also. I am averse to spending tons of money on NYE. When I was younger, it was more important to go out...now it seems like just another night to me...so I always play by ear...if I feel like it, I do something -- if not, I don't...And given the money I just spent on my ski trip and yesterday's massage, I'm thinking a quiet night in is what I need!

I am slow getting started this morning...have been fiddling with/learning about my new camera...I might hold off on that run until the afternoon. It's nice when your whole day is wide open...that doesn't happen so often, so I might as well take advantage!

Hi to all the other cheetahs who follow. I'm sure I'll be popping in a few times today to see what everyone's up to.

-Cathy

I know you 2 will be shocked as I have not ordered the Calendar yet!! Today is the last day so I better figure it out!!

Thanks Sunny!

Cathy...I also know clean eating is the key, especially as we age...me anyway! I hope you figure out the new camera...I am weird as I love fidgeting with new toys..:)

Okay...I need to get going....

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/hld/party11.gif[/img]

Good morning, ahhh....slept in until 8:30 this morning, that never happens, I must've needed the extra sleep. :)

Carole - get that calendar ordered, girl ;-) it's absolutely a must!! I've gone through it a few times for motivation already. I can't wait to get the new year started to use it.

Well, it's the end of another year and wow did this one go fast. We will be both working at the bar tonight, as usual. Sometimes I wish we could do something different, but when you own a bar it's kind of hard to go somewhere else ;-) . We've been working on New Year's Eve for 11 years so I guess that's good sign that our business is doing well, huh?!?! ;-)

For a workout - let's see......not sure yet. It's pouring rain and that's wayyyy not normal for Minnesota and the last day of December. I'm hoping Cathe posts the January rotation soon, I'd like to get started on that since I want to incorporate running in and get a head start because I'll miss a week ...well, you know why......ONLY SIX MORE DAYS!!!! Playa del Carmen here we come! OK - sorry, I'm getting a little excited.:7 :7

Have a great day and I'll be back later.

Marcia.

morning to all,
okay, I am depressed. I have been weighing myself once a week and the scale keeps going up. with all that I do, running, bootcamp class I feel like why bother. Yes, the eating has been bad but I have never gained weight this fast before. there has been alot of eating out the past few weeks and I know my eating is bad but again, never gained weight that fast before. I have gained 7 pds in 3 weeks,yes just 3 weeks. I can't believe this, I feel like such a fat hog. If I go by mylowest weight 2 years ago, I am up 12.5 pds. that is alot. how can I get rid of this without starving myself?sorry to sound so bad, you all are so inspiring. I havent felt like this in a long time and dont like feeling like this.
anyway-please excuse my whining and have a happy new year.

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!!

Dinner last night was fabulous! My friend is allergic to garlic, and frequents this place because she knows they will let her know if something does have garlic. Well, they were just as good when they learned I was vegetarian. I ordered the spinach salad and the waitress said to me, “Oh, that has some pancetta in the dressing. May I suggest another dressing instead – it’s just as good.” I had an incredible Wild Mushroom Rigatoni that was absolutely incredible. I did get asked whether I feel as if I’m depriving myself and I had to laugh – given the choice between a steak (or about anything else!) and that pasta, I’d take the Wild Mushroom Rigatoni. It was that good.

I have a round of yoga on my agenda today. I’m looking forward to it. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to add more yoga into my routine as I know the benefits. I just have a tough time doing it!

Cathy – have fun with your run and weights! I’m so sorry you had to go get your luggage! What a pain!! Enjoy your wide open day, though. Your new camera seems to be taking some wonderful photos.

Sunny – oh what a nice way to spend New Years!! Have a great time! And enjoy your group run! I would like to know how that goes! I love my calendar. I have to figure out where to put it.

Carole – Enjoy your run and football! Dinner and a movie sounds good too!

Marcia – 8:30? We are a group of early risers, aren’t we? 6 more days! How exciting! I think it’s a wonderful sign that your business is doing well!

Laura – I think it’s very easy to gain 7.5 pounds in 3 weeks, especially if you’ve been eating out a lot. I think most of that will come off easily when things settle down and life gets back to normal. I get very bloated if I dramatically change my eating habits, so know that a lot of what you are experiencing is bloat. You don’t need to starve – just concentrate on getting the veggies and fruits you need. Eat well, and clean, and the weight will come off. {{{HUGS}}} It’s frustrating, I know! I’m up 5 pounds – 5 pounds I wanted to get off before tonight. *shrugs* I’ll get ‘em off. You will too.

Ugh. Cheetahs, something I ate today is not sitting well with me AT ALL. Need I say I haven’t run yet? I hope it passes...otherwise, this might wind up being an unplanned rest day.

Carole :: I love new toys, too! (Maybe that’s obvious since I’m always treating myself to these gadgets!) I’m happy I’ve had some time during Christmas break to learn more about the new cam…I’m really, really pleased with it! One thing I love doing is creating PhotoShows with my pictures. Have you used it before? I ask b/c I know you like to take pics, too.

Marcia :: no apologies – we’re getting pumped for Mexico right along with you! :)

Laura :: could it be a combo of a few holiday pounds and some water weight or PMS bloat? I think I heard somewhere that the average person does gain 7-10 lbs. during the holidays. I know I have put a few back on, and I’m not too happy about it, either. But I know that as soon as I get back on the wagon (that’s tomorrow), things will go the other way again. As has been discussed here and elsewhere on the forums, clean eating seems to be (unfortunately for me!) the key. Starving, though, is definitely not the answer. If anything, I think many folks who diet wind up not consuming ENOUGH calories. Have you downloaded the book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle? Someone here recommended it, and I think it’s a good read and makes sense. Hang in there! Several of us have some pudge to drop in the New Year, so let’s stick together and reach our goals…we can do this!!!

Christine :: glad you enjoyed a wonderful dinner last night…sounds like a great restaurant! Nothing like that kind of individual attention and care to keep you comin’ back!

Since Christine mentioned NY’s resolutions…anyone else have any to share?

Let’s see…my goals are: to lose 20 lbs. or so, lower my body fat %, get more muscle definition, stretch regularly (not blow it off!), incorporate yoga more often, increase my daily water and veggie intake, and budget so that I can schedule massages more often (every other month would be nice).

Speaking of gadgets, I saw one that might appeal to the home TM and elliptical users here: The Entertainer. It’s a universal remote with heart-rate monitor that forces you to work in order to maintain the volume on your stereo or TV. If you dip below your target HR, the volume drops. Conversely, if you go above your target HR, the volume increases. And if you stop, the TV turns off. It’s $139.99. www.theentertainer.com Neat, huh?

christine and seeking guns- thanks for the advice and support. I finsihed with that time of the month last week. could be some still from that but mostly from all the junk I have ate. your right, this too will pass. I plan on eating better after tomorrow. I still seem to work out so hard to reach gains that seem to far within my reach that it gets frustrating. I wont give up though. thank you for your help. Other things in life havent made stress any easier also. my company chose to pull out of the building that I am working in. they can place me elsewhere but the other company coming in has offered me a job,better insurance ,costing less and also a little better money hourly wise. I am confused whether to leave the company I have been with for 6 + yrs and go with this other company or stay. also my DH hasnt made things easy as far as our relationship. anyway ,
have a happy new year. we are off for the day. will talk with you all tomorrow.

Marcia..I just ordered it!!...:)

Laura...I typically stay away from the scale during the holidays...so much of the bad food causes alot of water weight. And lots of us have been eating bad. You will most likely do better in the new year...:)

Christine...that Mushroom Rigatoni sounds fabulous!! Enjoy your yoga..and yes it is good for you!

Cathy..love the new avatar. I am so glad you like the camera...:)...no, I have not tried Photoshow. I just have all my pics on Picturetrail...so let me know how Photoshow works. Sorry you are feeling yukky...I hope you feel better later....that gadget sounds fun, I will check it out..:)

I ran 12 miles and it was a tough course. I did lead the way on the long uphill, but I think it wore me out!! Watching some FB with my DH...we seem to like each other today...:)

http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/newyear/images/ny2-hny7.gif[/img]

Hey all –

Back from Yoga and watching the Patriots beat the Titans. Yeah! Although my game is on now – just can’t sit through two football games at a bar! So, I came back and took the tree down. Nice to have the house back to normal. I do wish Cathe would post the January rotation because if it’s good and I can sub running for some things, I may do that. Oh well, I guess I should let the poor super busy lady enjoy New Year’s Eve – eh?

Cathy – Hope you’re out there running! My goals are to lose some weight (I’m aiming for 15-20 pounds), and speed up my running. I want to drink less wine, and eat more veggies (going vegetarian most days will help). That Entertainer sounds amusing.

Laura – Hope 2007 is better stress wise. DH are notorious for not making things easy. Mine is okay today, but there are days I want to strangle him. Hope it gets better. I’d be tempted to move to the other company for the benefits. But, do you like the people you work with now? Do you like the company and their policies? Do you have a migration path to move up in the company? Do you want one? Where do you want to be in 5 more years? Which company do you think will get you there? Just things to think about. Good luck. I know you’ll make the right choice.

Carole – GREAT JOB on the run!! And leading up the long hill – that’s our SuperCheetah!! YEAH! Isn’t it nice when we like our DH’s? I love days like that.

Happy, Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!! May our friendship, comradery, and love of running continue into 2007 and may our health and bodies be the best ever!! {{{HUGS}}} to all!

Happy New Year's Eve, Cheetahs!! Well, I think I'm finally sick. I hate to admit it, I've been fighting it off but I felt terrible today. My eyes were sooo swollen when I woke up this morning, my nose has been so drippy, and I ended up w/ a migraine by this afternoon. YUCK!!! We did make it to church this morning & I barely made it through singing in the choir (my voice was NOT pretty, believe me!), and now we're staying in the rest of the day!! The kids are excited to play games & stay up a bit later than usual. (I doubt they'll make it to 10, but they think they will! ;-) ) Hannah probably will though, she can ring in the new year w/ Greg. I think I'll be in bed by then! ;-)

So.... today will be a rest day for me. I took a 2 hr nap this afternoon, I needed it! My knee is a bit tender, I think it was too much w/ the run/ walk, and then ice skating. But it was so fun! I am thinking of doing Debbie (Fitnessfreak366)'s January rotation. I really want to focus more on definition & gaining more lean muscle. It looks perfect for that!! I'm excited to get my new DVD's & high step too!!

OK, sorry as I'm really not able to do personals but I wanted to pop in to say hello!! I hope I'm feeling normal again tomorrow as my IL's are coming for the day.

Have a Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Ladies!! I'm gonna try to be quick here but wanted to say hello. Carole you make me chuckle with 'we seem to like each other today', you are too cute:)

I did the Gauntlet cardio only, the first 5 cycles twice and the last 2 once through. I didn't realise it would be such a time sucker!!! It was a good workout though and I finished with BootCamp core only premix and stretch. Faith, Glen and I are going downtown to see some bands (rock, folk, ska) at the waterfront and fireworks at 8:30. We should be home by 9:00 so were going to enjoy some veggies, naan, hummus, spinich dip and assorted deliciously unclean foods like bacon wrapped waterchestnuts and bacon wrapped pineapple:9 :9 I'm hoping to have a fairly early night, bed by 12:30 would be nice. Happy New year to you all Ladies:*

Cathy, love your new avatar!! I wouldn't like having a different therapist every time, I think it's better to find the right therapist and say with them so they can get familiar with your tissues and establish short and long term goals for your massages even if you only go 4 or 5 times a year. Happy New Year Cathy!!:) I hope your tummy troubles are over now!

Sunny, I admire your fitness goals for '07. I really found that when I was training for my half last summer I kept telling myself to stick with rotations after my training and run but I am still very willy nilly with my workouts. Happy New year to you and yours!

Carole, that's great that you are so pleased with your massage therapists, we LOVE our regulars!!!:) Enjoy your football with DH sounds like it will be a Happy New year for you and DH!!:7

Marcia, SIX DAYS, I'm so excited for you, obviously you've been (and are) working hard and have more than earned a break AND a change of scenery!!! So what kind of band is playing to ring in your Happy New Year?:)

Laura, a pox on the scales!!!! D@mn them!!! I've stepped away from the scale and will, maybe, weigh myself come February. I've put on some pounds too but the friends and food are more than worth it! Happy New Year!

Cheers Christine, sounds like you've been eating, drinking and making much merriment over the Holidays:D Hope you have a terrific night tonight and a very Happy New Year!

Oops, so much for being quick!! I'm off to bundle up for our trip downtown. All the Best Ladies!!

Take Care
Laurie

Happy New Years everyone!

Yesterday I did do P90X C&B and ran 6 1/2 miles outside. Today was a 5 /12 mile run outside.

Cathy - That gadget sounds cool! I need it for DH! He always walks on the TM while watching football and the more he gets into the game, it seems like he goes slower and slower! Hope you feel better!

Laura -I had the same questions as you about P90X. When I did my rotations a couple of years ago, I tried it "as is" for a while and it just did not click for me. I ended up doing cardio with all of the weight sessions (running mostly). I also subbed KP&C for KenPoX. I also did not do the yoga and I subbed a total body weight workout for that. So....I guess my P90X rotations were not really "true" P90X rotations. Oh....and sometimes I did PlyoX, but mostly subbed Imax 2 or Imax. (Imax 3 was not out at that time). Anyway....it worked for me :+

Laurie - sounds like you have a wonderful night planned! Have fun!

Jess - Hope you feel better soon! I would love to try ice skating, but I am sure I would not even be able to stand up!

Christine - Great job on the yoga! I really should do more yoga! I have tried and tried, but keep slipping back into old habits. Could you recommend a good book on vegetarianism? One that would explain exactly what you should eat to insure that you get all of the nutrients, etc. I would truly love to read about it, but the only thing I can find are vegetarian cookbooks.

Carole - Great job on the run! Wow! Glad you and DH like each other today! That is so cute how you put it! But seriously, glad you are having a good day together!

Marcia - It poured the rain here, starting this afternoon too! Yucky day! Glad you got to sleep in! I can't remember the last time I slept past 6 or 6:30 x(

Sunny - That sounds like a good way to spend NYE! Have fun! I have been struggling with the rotation thing, too. I guess I will do the P90X with running and an extra total body weight day again. uh oh! I didn't order my calendar!

Let's see....my New Year's resolutions - To do my best to incorporate more clean eating into my life!!! To try to keep running and increasing my mileage in order to run a 1/2 marathon. Try to be more patient and not get crabby as often:+

Happy New Years everyone!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.