:::Cheetahs:::Labor Day:::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Top o' the mornin' Ladies!:)

I set my alarm for 6am AGAIN this morning and man was it hard to get up! Once I was walking around for about 5 mins I was fine but getting out from under the cozy covers was NOT fun! We had the window open and a window fan going last night. We also had our ceiling fan going. It was nice!:) I had more crazy dreams though. Seems every night now my sleep is FILLED with dreams and, atleast from what I can ever recall, they are NOT pleasant ones. x(

Well let me go ahead and post this and then I'll get to personals and any other rambling I may feel like doing!:p

Christine: I so glad that your DD is happy. Aside from coming home today for a bbq, how often do you figure she'll be coming home since she is so close by?

Carole: I don't know anything about the metronome method you used yesterday during your run but apparently is improved your speed. That's fantastic! :) C&W was never a fave of mine in the past but I really enjoyed y'day for some reason!

Laurie: Your girls are all beautiful! They are so incredibly different. Looks like they each have their own very distinct style and personality. Good for them!:) I am not normally one for "funky" colored hair. Probably because most people either do a bad dye job or just don't look right that way but I have to say that Faith pulls that look off VERY well. She looks soooo cute with the new do!:)

Judy: So how was your evening by the lake? That bar sounds like it's right up my alley for a warm night! I'll have to take a ride north one night and go hang out there. ;) :p :7

Susan: How was Beethoven? I've never seen that movie. OMG, I HAVE to STOP eating crap!!! I have been eating faaar too much the past few weeks! UGH! I am really feeling it-AND seeing it! YUCK! x( After today I am tightening my belt for sure! I have a dinner/dance to go to next weekend. I am wearing a cute little dress I have but if I continue to eat like this it will NOT look cute on me! :eek:

So last night we headed for the boardwalk with mom and her BF. Joey was out of sorts. He was whining and crying alot over nothing. He didn't want to really go on the rides at first but yet gave us a hard time about taking a break from them to go to dinner. Consequently we made it a short trip and then my mom and BF headed home with Joey in tow around 7:30 I guess.

I have to leave here in 30-45 mins for my race. I'm nervous cause my shins started bothering me last night for some reason and they still hurt this morning. I am hoping this doesn't affect my run or I could be WALKING the entire thing. x( So DH is crazy and thinks I can run a sub-30 race today. I know I am getting faster and I appreciate his confidence in me but I have yet to break 31. Give me a chance! LOL

Okay, off to get a 2nd cup o' java!:9

Good morning and Happy Labor Day to all the fabulous cheetahs. I've been celebrating Labor day by laboring:) Fortunately it's been a nice quiet night. I'm anxious to get home since DH is away the dogs are by themselves for about 13 hrs! Usually they do fine though.

Wendy - Best of luck to you today on your 5k!!!! Count me as being crazy like you DH.... I think you can beat that 30 min mark!! I'll be looking for your race report when I wake up later today!

Sunny- Hey girl, nice to see ya posting. I know you've been awfully busy with your job, triathlon training and family but we love to see you post when you can!

Susan- How wonderful that you are back to running again and apparently quite healthy too:7

Amy- So what distance is your upcoming race?

Judy- Sounds like a wonderful day for you yesterday:) 4 nites in LV? That's a good long stay.... where will you be at? On the strip?

Laurie- Rats.... I'm at work and can't view pics on the PC here x(
Sounds like all is well and I'll be checking them out when I'm home.

Christine- I think you'll really like the Chi running, especiallly since you've done Tai Chi before. Sounds like you've got your DD nicely settled in her dorm. That must be a relief for you!

Carole- Great job on the 12 miles yesterday..... and getting faster too :eek: :eek: :eek: Hey, don't be too impressed by my 3rd place finish yesterday.... remember there were only 31 runners total! I could have crawled the course and taken home a medal;-) . They had more medals than runners! I'm considering doing a half marathon next Saturday. I had to pull out of this one last year due to my groin pull injuryx( .

For today I'll be doing GS legs when I wake from my nap and an iTread later for an hour. Hope everyone has a great one!

ShellyC

:::Happy Labor Day/End of Summer Season Cheetahs:::

Wendy- Good luck today! Come back and give us the details... The bar was fun last night. It was an old beach bar and we hung out in the sand. The sunset was spectacular. My sister and BIL joined us along with another couple and it was fun. It was in the area of our old stomping grounds.

Christine- I am glad the Chi Running is being given a chance by so many of us., I admit I am not very good about the warm up exercises, although I do like the hip and ankle loosener ones the most.

This morning I think will be a Cathe circuit and then another golf game. After today, golf will be hit or miss depending on the weather and my schedule.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Happy Labor Day, cheetahs!!

Wendy :: glad you had fun @ SIL’s on Saturday…good luck in today’s 5K!!! Hope the shins don’t bother you – sending strong shins vibes your way!!…Sorry to hear Joey was out-of-sorts yesterday.

Carole :: interesting ~ I’ll have to try to get to that chapter…I am really reading it kind of butt-backwards, but things are about to get busy for me, so I will have to just get to it here and there where I can and pick up on the discussion here…Definitely agree with Laurie about your inherited sense of humor!…I absolutely *cracked up* at the pepper spray comment and the banana smiley, which of course, I copied into my GetSmile. And since I know how much you like smilies, I thought you’d appreciate this one to add to your repertoire: http://mylalclass.com/stfu.gif

Laurie :: LOVED the pics of you four lovely ladies rockin’ the red, white, and black (and the girls with their DOTS - love it!) ~ thank you for sharing. The hot air balloon show was a perfect backdrop. A lowkey restful day is exactly what I had. My batteries were recharged by the afternoon and I thought I’d get in my run after all, but then a cousin invited me over for an impromptu BBQ, so it was a rest day indeed…How was the “networking” at the BBQ?

Sunny !!! :: good to see you post. We have been wondering about you ~ glad you’re OK and just busy.

Shelly :: Great to see our elite cheetah back ~ you were missed…Enjoy GS legs and the iTread after your nap. I’ll be laboring some today, too.

Christine :: I’m glad you’re feeling better…I just loved reading about your time in San Fran. Would really love to get back there someday soon. What a great choice DD made!…No, I’m not getting sick, I don't think – just the combo of being a little tired and the sinuses acting up lately gave me a slow start.

Judy :: Thanks – I think my body just wasn’t ready for an AM workout, considering the lack of sleep…Wow! That’s a lot of HP reading this summer!…Makes sense to start P90X when you get back.

Susan :: I’m so happy for you that you are back full force with your running!!! http://mylalclass.com/woohoo.gif Thanks for such kind words. Put a big smile on my face. I felt the same about hanging with all of you! I had no idea there even WAS a Beethoven 4. *lol*

Amy :: a no-pressure, just-finish-and-have-fun plan is a good way to approach a first 5K. This made me think of my first race. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself.) It was a chilly March morning on a course billed as flat (they LIED!), and I'll never forget it was the scenery that got me to the finish line. I was following two fine male specimens with great rear views. }( }( }( *lol*

Well, today I was going to go to Cathe's gym as she was originally scheduled to teach kickbox class (even on Labor Day), but (understandably) classes have been cancelled after all. So I'm going to play by ear with the cardio, but I want to make up the CTX u/b split & ab work I missed yesterday.

Have a great day!!
[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Hey Cheetahs!:) Ummm...where's the sun???? It's beach day for us today and I'd really like some SUN! Ahh well, a lot of times it's a whole different micro climate by the lake, we'll take what we get:) Not sure what I'll do for a workout today (probably some kickboxing) but I'll give my arms a break, they're still buzzing from yesterday.

Wendy, thanks, the girls really do have different styles and personalities but they mesh so well. I've been calling Elizabeth and Marley 'Betty and Veronica' from the Archie comics because they sometimes look so similar except for the dark and blonde hair:) Sorry to hear about the nasty dreams, strange the way the mind works sorting through all of our stuff as we sleep. Great good luck today super Cheetah!!!

Shelly, glad you had a quiet night. I love the way you can just shrug and say "I'm considering doing a half marathon next Sunday". You make me smile and I love your spirit!

Cathy, thanks! Yeah the dots theme just kind of happened, too cute. The 'networking' was completely 'meh' (indifferent grunt:)). The company was nice and the dinner was yummy but I really don't need to meet more women my age...where are the freaking MEN!!}( :7

Judy, sunsets over Lake Ontario are spectacular! We'll be watching tonight's show from the other side of the lake.

Susan, glad you are getting your running legs back! Thanks for your compliments, we really do clean up quite nicely:)

Christine, I like it too that running is a sport, I've never thought of myself as atheletic but maybe I'll reconsider:) Glad you like the pics.

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy..so you are having some crazy dreams? I rarely ever remember mine. The metronome is used for your cadence when running...it is a bit confusing to me, but I am learning...:)...Hope Joey is better today...and GOOD Luck on your race, hope your shins obey!!!

Cathy..OMG!....LMAO with that smiley http://www.emotihost.com/glass7/4.gif[/img]!! I [font color=red]LOVE[/font] it!!....thanks for the compliment...:)...I think reading the Chi book in little bits is fine. I am going back and rereading parts as that seems to make it sink in more...Too bad the kickbox class was canceled...I hope you can get in the CTX workout.

Shelly...hey, 3rd place is 3rd place no matter who in the heck showed up!! I have been 1st before (but the only one in the division!)...and I have been told you just say "1st" and nothing else...:)...I think a half next Sat would be good for you, especially since you had to pull out of it last year. Thanks, it felt so good to get in 12 at a faster pace. Enjoy GS legs and iTread.

Laurie...your daughters are lovely!! Thank you so much for sharing those pics. And the air balloons were way cool. The dog looked huge.

Judy...I do think the metronome helps you keep a consistent pace. Thanks, it felt good to finish that 12 and not be too beat up. Good job on the run and golf. Hope you have a good time in Vegas.

Amy...how exciting a race coming up for you.

Christine...that will help you already have some Tai Chi knowledge. Funny story about B&N, I had trouble finding the Chi book too!

Susan...such great news about your running! I bet you will have no problem loosing the mere 3 lbs you gained...(probably water...:))...Yes, I am also from the run "heel to toe" school too. Once I got a good sense of the Chi principle the running, landing on your midfoot was not too tough. It just takes practice. Yuk, we are having the 105 and up temps too.

I am doing S&H, shoulders, bi's and tri's, abs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and have a wonderful holiday!

I was able to get a run in Saturday at Chicago State Univ. track. This morning I did SSE Core Cardio. Getting ready to hit the malls. Hope I can at least get another run in sometime this week since I have a 10K race Sunday. Not enough privacy to work out like I want to at my sis.

Wendy - Good luck with your race today!

Enjoy your day ladies!!

Jackie

OMG
OMG
OMG!!!!

I can't believe it!!!!

I am sooo excited!!!!!

As you can well imagine I am doing a HUGE happy dance right now!!!!!

It's not "official" yet as they haven't posted the times but I was staring at that clock as I crossed the finish line so perhaps I am one second off but that's it!!!!

:+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :7 :+ :7 :+ :7

:7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7 :+ :7
I'm dancing with you FAST CHEETAH!!!! Awesome job Wendy!!! You've worked hard and now get all of the ACCOLADES!!! You ROCK GIRL!!!

Huge congrats!!!

Your Hubby believed in you and you DID IT!

Take Care
Laurie

Exit happy dancing!!:7

Hi again.

I am still on cloud 9. :+

I am showered and dressed and drinkin' some celebratory java (LOL) before heading out shoe shopping for a bit. I want to find a pair of cute shoes to wear to DH's "graduation" party on saturday night. Perhaps I will go for the shoes that were recently discussed in O/D!}( :7 :7 :7

Sunny: Hey girl! Thanks for the good luck wishes! Apparently they worked!!!!:+

Shelly: So was GS Legs/Itread today? Do you do the outdoor Itreads or do you have a TM at home? Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am thrilled that I actually did it!:D

Cathy: That stinks that you were set to go to Cathe's gym and the classes got cancelled. I am surprised though that they weren't cancelled from the get-go. My gym is open EVERY holiday for a few hours in the morning but the classes are ALWAYS cancelled. I was worried about my shins but once I started running they weren't bothering me anymore. Go figure as I can still feel it when I walk!??

Judy: So which circuit work out did you choose? I have been doing one circuit work out per week since beginning my HM training. I am doing mostly Cathe's stuff and really enjoying it! Hope golf was fun today. If it's as nice by you as it is here then you are sure to be having an awesome time!

Laurie: Hope you found some sun today and thanks for happy dancing w/me!:)

Carole: I saw an advertisement for the Chi Running book amongst the "stuff" I got in my goodie bag for saturday's race. So is this metronome thing a part of the chi running concept as well?

Jackie: SHOPPING! Have fun! You must come back and tell us if you scored any good deals!

Okay, I really need to get moving to the shoe store now.

BBL!:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Back from a six mile run trying out the Chi Running techniques. I have work to do, but there were times when I was moving along easily, feeling good (like right at 5.5 miles) just going with the flow when I knew I had it momentarily. I think I’m going to like this once the form becomes more natural to me. Jimmy ran the six miles with me – his longest yet, and he’s now out with DH “helping” him in the garden. He’s starting to scare me. We’re having a BBQ later for the kids. That’s really the extent of our labor day.

Wendy – OMG!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!!! *Does Happy Dance Around the Room with Wendy!* What a great time!!!! I’m not a fan of getting out from under the covers especially on a nice cool morning! Sorry to hear about your dreams – no fun. I figure she’ll be home every other week or so for something. Probably for a day, but who knows. She’s welcome any time.

Shelly – I hope the doggies do well!! A lot of the Tai Chi principals are also yoga principals – so if you do a lot of yoga, it would come easier too. But I did my Tai Chi video as a warm up, to get myself in the mood. :+ Enjoy your iTread!

Judy – I think the hip loosener is really tough unless you actually see someone doing it. We had to do it in my Tai Chi classes as it’s much more muscle than anything else – which is kind of interesting. But, I do like the ankle rolls! They worked!

Cathy – glad you’re feeling better! Sorry to hear classes are cancelled! Enjoy your CTX UB and abs!

Laurie – too funny, isn’t it? Running as a sport. Enjoy your beach day! Hopefully you’ll have sun soon!!!

Carole – Wanted to get your opinion on something – I find that by concentrating on picking up my heels (more of a kick butt pattern) I lean forward better. Does that make sense or am I’m just out there looking like a dork running? :+

Jackie – Take this week as a recovery week so when you run your 10K you’ll kick butt!! Enjoy your week with your sis.

Have a great day everyone! I’m off to Target and Mervyns to get DD14 shoes, a scientific calculator and a protractor for school.. Joy!

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Wendy: Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was reading through some old posts here, trying to catch up with my Cheetah! I feel bad that I have not really gotten "personal" with everyone these days. I will get back! :)

I am cleaning the house today - and getting ready for the 1st day of school. It will be good to get back.

I just made up a September workout schedule for myself to follow. I have 3 days of running and the rest are Cathe workouts. I will be up at 5AM doing all of this again. I just have not felt like myself this summer - I fell out of my regular workout schedule :(

It will be so good to get back.

Ok, Happy Labor Day Cheetahs!

Enjoy,
Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

The race results are up. I SWEAR it was 29.41 but the "official" time is 29.44. Guess I can't complain, huh? ;) Looks like all of the finishing pics are taken with the clock. They are still loading them so I'll have to check mine out later on to see what the clock said. LOL I may just have to buy it as a memoir though incase I never do it again!:p

Hello again cheetahs!

Wendy- IKNEWITIKNEWITIKNEWIT!!!!!!!!! Awesome job there cheetahgirl!
I don't suppose you have a pic to go with this momentous occasion?
I'd love to see one. Anyway a big congratulations to you... all your hard work has paid off. I'm confident you'll be finishing your first HM alot faster than you anticipate!

Cathy- Who me elite?:eek: HAH! Crazy, yes but elite...... not even in my dreams! Hope you got in a great Cathe workout today even if it wasn't her in person. I'm still so JEALOUS that you live close enough to do that!

Carole- Have a great S&H day. I have to admit that I very rarely do this workout. It just moves to dang slow for me! (it's my hyper ADD personality)

Jackie- Glad you're having a good time in Chicago! I bet you'll be setting a PR next Sunday!

Christine- Great job with your 6 mile Chi run today. I figured you'd take to it like a duck to water!

Amy- Hey, don't feel bad about no time for personals! We're happy whenever you have the time to post to fill us in on what's happening!
I'm sure it will be a relief to you to get back on a regular schedule again.

I had a good time doing GS legs and feel nice and pumped now:)
After my TM run this afternoon I'll soak in the jacuzzi:7

ShellyC

Laurie :: hope the sun came out for ya…chuckling about the networking…on the other hand, you never know if any of those women have an available brother or friend…or better yet, she might have TWO, in which case you pack one of 'em down south... :D

Carole :: I thought you would like that one. http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/smileys-91853/a0/dckix.gif

Jackie :: great that you could pop in while in Chi town. Hope you can squeeze in one more run before your race.

Wendy :: http://mylalclass.com/signs_33.gif WTG!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, yes, yes!!! *joins the happy dance festivities* TWO back-to-back PRs…unreal!!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0038.gif[/img][/url]…I’ll bet it won’t be long before you surpass this time, too!…Yes, when I brought it up in the chat Cathe had a couple of weeks ago, I was surprised that the gym was going to be open at all ~ but I don't mind the change of plan. Certainly can't blame her for wanting the day off!! There'll be other chances.

Christine :: enjoy your BBQ! Glad the Chi running is coming easily to you.

Shelly :: look at you being modest...:D...I think when you come back to Jersey, you better run Pine Beach BACKWARDS! *lol* And I'll invest in some Heelies! :D

Well, I did CTX u/b and the abs from Power Squeeze. Man, is that a tough segment. Have not done any cardio and will probably let it go. I have been working pretty much all day and have some more to do. My mind is spinning…in a good way. :)

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

[font color=blue size=+2]WENDY!!![/font]

Way to go Cheetah!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif[/img]

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/bigdance2.gif[/img]

Jackie...glad you are getting in a run this weekend!

Wendy...you should be on cloud nine!! Enjoy shopping you deserve some treats. Yes the metronome is used with Chi running.

Christine...sounds like you had a good Chi run today. I agree as the form gets better it does feel better. I think your concept on kicking your butt with your heels is right! I know it is explained somewhere in the book to do that. I do feel funny myself, it is kind of like when I jog in place in cardio workouts.

Shelly...yes, S&H is a time hog. I program my DVD player so I alternate the exercises. I start with the 1st bicep exercise (3x8), then go to the 1st shoulder ex (3x8) and then the 1st tricep ex (3x8) and then repeat until I get through all the exercises, it kind of takes away the boredom. Enjoy the jacuzzi.

Cathy...I never asked you...in the GetSmile program did you see those nasty smileys in the topic "Gibe"....those are some I could never post...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/speak%20no%20evil.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.