::: CHEETAHS ::: It's Friday, I'm in love

RunninTeach

Cathlete
...with chocolate-covered almonds. What makes YOU happy this Friday?

Morning, cheetahs! Happy Friday! :) :) :)

Just gettin' us kicked off here.

BBIAM with personals.

Gloria :: wow, that was some nap! I have done that before--very disorienting...I think I will just ban myself from the laminating machine before I get myself into trouble. *lol* Can you make your own copies? I can at my new school, thankfully. I used to *hate* waiting for copies to be returned--you never knew if they would take a day or a week...Very nice of DH to go with the customer.

eta: with peanut butter m&m's...definitely LOVE!
002.gif

wt-what a great title today!!! now, i've got that song in my head altho not a bad one to be singin' today! i think i am a but better today and my cold may be on the downswing...not that my pms is...
056.gif

wendi-the goat is doing fine. he's eating well, he just really needs that horn removed. the alpaca is up and walking around, so that's a really good sign! hope you enjoy the photos. amber has more on the rt forum.

wendy-i think the battle is almost over. i am feeling better than the days before. i am so glad your canine baby is doing okay altho he is going to be quite the little druggie for a while.
065.gif

christine-to tell you the truth, i have no idea if goats lose their horns every year. i'll have to ask tomorrow when i'm at the sanctuary. he's going to look so funny with his left ear and right horn missing (at least they could've been on the same side!!!).

judy-yeah, i think i'm on the mend. so, what is aos newport (i'm sure i missed it in another post).

carole-jasper is doing much better and is actually getting up and walking on his own!
004.gif

karen-i actually don't rememeber getting sick a lot during the winter. it usually hits the first month or two of school. :mad:

linda-is STINKS that the forums are bvlocked from work but i am going to try another way to get to them and maybe bypass the block. if not, i am gonig to be SO BORED at times this year!!!
034.gif

hi to posh!!!
038.gif

jackie-have fun with dbf! it's always nice to get away.
036.gif

shelly- i am TOTALLY going to try your suggestion at work today.
021.gif

gloria-so when do you go back to work? i can not believe we have been back since 23 july!!! worse, the kids have been back for two weeks now!
026.gif

dallas-glad you and the kids got out to do something fun!!! yeah, we really need to find out who to bribe to get into that race next year!!!
025.gif

so, i did muscle max yesterday and have some chest doms. i am thinking today will be a light cardio day. probably the ext steady state with a trashy magazine. i bought something yesterday in anticipation (in touch, us, people...one of those...).

i can not wait until friday eve when work is DONE for the week!!!
050.gif

Good Morning Girls.

Well I did NOT want to get out of bed this morning. I laid down around 10:30 last night which is too late to begin with, didn't close my eyes until 11 and then DH got home from bowling at 11:30 and I woke up again. UGH! After that I slept but it was fitful. :(
DH is going to be fried. He didn't come to bed until after 1am I don't think. He's up at 6am and is going to a concert tonight. He's leaving at 4:30 this afternoon so all he'll have time to do after work is shower before heading back out the door with a late night ahead of him. He's going to want to sleep LATE tmrw and he's not going to be able to! I am running 11 miles in the morning so I'll be out of the house early. I am sure DS will have him up between 7 and 8am! HA HA! :p Am I MEAN or what!? LOL
We have a family party to go to tmrw afternoon. I think it will be nap time ALL AROUND tmrw before we leave. :)

PERSONALS.....

Cathy: I was looking at cards yesterday and saw the Chia pet card and thought of you. I still have it hanging up on my fridge. I open it for a chuckle now and again. :) LOL that you keep getting your shipments confused. That's what happens when you go an online shopping spree! Don't ya just LOVE it!? :D I was told I grind my teeth years back. I was fitted for a night guard. It cost me an arm and a leg and I never used it. :eek:

Christine: Since you were commending the women's olympic vb team y'day I must tell you this...my mom commented last night that she doesn't think beach volleyball should be an olympic sport. I have to admit I find it odd myself but ITA that our team ROCKS! They are UNSTOPPABLE!!!! Our problem with the leash is lack of use. We used to walk him as a pup but shortly after we got him, we got a fence and that was all she wrote. I SHOULD take him out for walks in nice weather just to get ME out there! I love the nice weather but tend not to take advantage of it.

Judy: Newport is that one that Kettlebell Your Way... is the re-make of. It's a great work out for sure! Glad you enjoyed it.

Carole: Lucky you that the toilet was not an issue for ya. LOL Glad you are enjoying the Olympics. What is your fave summer event to watch?

Karen: Thanks for the good vibes concerning my dog. He's doing fine now. :) That's great news about your mom. How sweet that she took you for a pedicure to celebrate.

Linda: I get tired just reading about your work outs! You have some energy!

Posh: Thanks for you post about your baby-girl Golden. Aren't they the best breed? Such big ol' piles of mush! LOL]

Jackie: Enjoy your weekend away with DBF!

Shelly: ALREADY getting positive feedback from possible employers! You rock! You'll have your pick of where to work once again! No worries! :) No training runs together for DH and myself. I doubt he'll go any farther with the running thing. He may do a few 5k's with me a year but that's about it. I am advancing in my mileage quickly. Tomorrow is 11 miles. I have one more long run left before I venture into unknown territory...15 miles and then....RACE DAY!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!:eek: LOL

Gloria: I LOVE to go out to eat. If I lived by you I'd probably lose 10 pounds instantly! LOL

Dallas: Legoland? OMG I have a nephew that would LOVE that! He is Lego obsessed! LOL I am not a big gatorade drinker either. I have purchased Heed from Hammer Nutrtion which is a nice lite tasting drink and I have the Endurolyte capsules now too. I may have to check out the Nuun tablets too.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..sorry you lost your post yesterday...Yes, I do think you might like C&W more than I did...:)..yes, we must be the root canal queens, plus I then had the same 2 other oral surgery's on one of my root canals, 17 years apart. Amazes me I still have that frigging tooth!! I think I will enjoy the massages every 3 weeks myself...:D...Here are the pretzels
Gardettos-MP.jpg

Lorie...that makes me smile to know Jasper is doing better..:)...LOL about doing cardio with a trashy magazine!!

Wendy..glad to hear your dog is doing lots better! I sure have been trying to keep my sodium down with the nutrition program! I hope you do better today. I think I like Beach Volleyball the best this time, but I do like most of the Summer Olympics better than the Winter ones. Good luck with that 11 miles tomorrow!

Jackie...YES! I do hate when songs I don't like stick in my head!! I did not hear that about Shawn's parents loosing a house. But, one of my clients and I were talking about all the things you would do for your child (including mortgaging your house) to pursue their Olympic dream. And we both said "Yes", such a huge commitment, but I believe you would do whatever it took for your child to get there..:)..Have a nice weekend with DBF.

Gloria...funny as I might be obsessive about working out, I have never really been obsessive about cleaning...:)..Good job with 6 miles on the TM.

Shelly...good job squeezing in the 4 miles in between shifts! So this hospital is closer right? Good luck with the interview. Not sure if we will do a trail run sunday or not, but a long run for sure.

Karen..I don't think subbing the EXt for a running day would be bad at all. 4 running days and 2 EXT days for a HM sounds perfect. I once tried 3 days of running/3 days of EXT in training for a 20 mile run. I did not do to well in the 20 miler as for me personally, I should have run more. At least 5 days IMO. But I have read on these forums some women have done great subbing EXT work for a running in training, and even for longer runs than a HM. Thanks for the update on your Mom. That was sweet she felt good enough to celebrate and treat you with a pedicure.

Dallas..so there is a foam roller workout? I am sure you could sub any other bean for the "Ranch Style" ones. Sounds like to soups you are making are doing good for your MIL. I was also bummed for Dara, I so wanted her to get a gold!!

Linda...I could be wrong but I think most Egg subs would have egg whites in them, which would NOT be Vegan, but you never know. Good job on the 6 miles and GS C&T.

I am doing MM Chest, back and tri's, coremax and a 4 mile interval run.

Have a great day...:)

Happy Friday Cheetahs!!

Cathy – My Friday love? Jimmy… :p He’s curled up on my feet sleeping after giving me a doggies hug and letting me know he loves me. (And I’m trying to ignore the yummy food thing ;)– trying to get comfort from non-foods. :eek:) Oh I hate when I lose posts. Sorry about that. A lot of the people around here cycle because they simply have no other choice – think bus boys, etc. And they tend to be immigrants and don’t have all of the snazzy bike gear, including lights and reflective gear. I, of course, being a Cheetah, have the best equipment. No lights yet, but I will get them as the daylight shortens. I was laughing at your misreading the UPS shipping notice.:p When do you expect it now?

Wendy – I’m so happy your puppy will be better soon! How scary! The poor guy. I hope he’s feeling better now. ‘Tis the season for allergies. Jimmy has them too. I can see beach volleyball more than some of the other sports. Trampoline? The gymnastics with the ribbon? Weird. But, oh well.:p DH doesn’t like dog crap in the yard, so we always walk the dogs. Besides Jimmy likes to read the “daily news” – the various scents and stuff important to his world. :p

Judy – Oh, I’m sorry to hear that the class might be cancelled! That’s not fun! I cannot believe that you did Newport after Spin! *bows low to Judy* The would simply kill me. :p And then to finish with the TGU’s AND the 5 minute Snatch Challenge – wow. That’s all I can say. Wow. Jimmy just hangs out in the office with me. I share an office with another dog lover, so he gets free run (actually, most of the company is dog lovers). He’s a good boy and usually just sleeps.

Carole – I’m not a fan of C&W either, and I like “Build me up Buttercup”, but then again, I’m a sap. :D Bike ride didn’t happen yesterday, but will today. :rolleyes:

Karen – I’m glad things were calm and that your DD’s are doing better. I enjoy biking to work far more than I thought I would. Today, when I drive in, I think I’m going to take some necessities – like a blow dryer, a mirror, spare make up, etc. So I’m not carrying it all back and forth. Even two miles can get sweaty when it’s hot. Glad your mom and dad are doing well. That must have been scary to have to go in for the PET scan. Pancreatic cancer is not a good thing, so I am so happy that it’s not that.

Linda – I’m not so sure you’d want my job! It’s kind of boring sometimes, and way too not boring at others, if you know what I mean. But, I am lucky I’m so close. I realized that I was being silly by not riding to work. You’re coming along great! When is your 15 miler again?

Hi Posh! I will agree that the quality of food can make a huge difference in allergies in dogs. I know a lot of people have gotten great results simply by switching to Canidae – which is a lower cost high quality food. I switch Jimmy’s food all the time to prevent stomach problems from eating something he normally doesn’t (and it does work), but I only feed him good kibble.

Jackie – I know – it seems crazy to drive to work when I can so easily walk or ride. Although I now have yet another set of clothes to wash – so I’m wondering if my environmental footprint is not going down as far as I might think. :p MM always gives me major DOMS too! Enjoy them!

Gloria – I did walk to work yesterday, and walked back. I had a good time. Good job at getting in 6 miles when you were feeling off.

Shelly - Oh, I’m happy that the recruiter for the hospital where you want to work sounds encouraging! How wonderful! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! I’ll bet it will be sooo nice to be settled and working near home again.

Dallas – Glad the kids had fun at Legoland! Great workouts you’re doing!! Hey – you’re welcome to stop by – I’ll be boycotting cheese and beans. Not sure about Carole, though… :p There is a shower at work, but for 2 miles, I don’t really need it. If we ever really do a ride over lunch I might, so it’s nice it’s there.

Lorie – With his right ear and left horn missing, at least the parts still there will balance him out. ;)

Today Jimmy has doggie daycare, so I’m driving. It’ll feel weird, I tell ya. But my friend and I missed our ride yesterday (I had a last minute meeting at 3PM), so we’re going to ride today. I was going to take today as a rest day, but a 10-15 mile ride won’t be that bad. I’m a little sore from my workout yesterday, but it feels good. :cool: I’m so happy it’s Friday! DH has been a pain, and he’s leaving tomorrow to visit his brother, then to go to NY on business, so I’m happy. I am looking forward to not having his ticked off presence in the house. He always gets weird right when DD19 goes back to school. Anyway, this too shall pass. Have a great day all!

Good morning!

Jackie – I haven’t downloaded any of Dove’s workouts. I need to try to do that! I really do like the ones that I have. I think you would like them! It has been such a long time since I have done TJ! I love them! Great job on your workout!

Shelley – Good luck on the interview Monday! That would be great! Good job on your runs! Yes, my marathon is getting closer! November 2, is the date. The Charleston Distance Run (15 miler) is next Saturday.

Gloria – Good job on the 6 mile run! Peanut allergies are so scary! It seems like they are increasing so much. Are you looking forward to school?

Dallas – The trip to LegoLand sounds fun! Enjoy your adventure today, too! Great job on your workouts !! I have been running only for cardio for a few months now, only because of the marathon training. I know I should do some other forms, but I just haven’t been. Every now and then I throw in the elliptical. When I do step or kickbox….it makes me too sore to run, so I will wait til after the marathon :)

Cathy – Dark Chocolate Snickers!!!!! I am in love with Dark chocolate snickers!!! :) I will read your blog regarding the Amphipod! I hoped you liked it!

Lorie – I hope you can bypass the “block”! I was sooo mad when they blocked me! Good job on the MM and enjoy your Steady state and trashy mag! :>)

Wendy – Glad your dog is doing much better! Sorry you didn’t get much sleep! My …your DH is going to be tired! You have been doing some tough workouts, too!

Carole – I was thinking the same thing about the egg whites being in them all, too….but I didn’t know if there was a way to sub them or not. But that is fine…cause I’m not vegan or anything ;) My step daughter is and I am starting to learn a little more about it. …..but I am always interested in knowing more! Enjoy your run and MM upper!

This morning I ran 7 miles and did the abs and stretch from BodyMax 2. I am taking tomorrow off and then my friend and I are planning on 15 Sunday. ….which kind of worries me since the race is next Saturday. Wonder if that is too long for one week before? Oh well…..it has been so long since I have done a long run! I have got to do one.

BBL

Linda

Christine - Sorry about your DH acting ticked off when your DD goes back to school! Enjoy your ride today! My 15 mile race is August 30th. I would be okay with it if I wasn't so messed up from my vacation, etc. :( I used to think about putting Madison is "daycare"....but it would have just been too far to drive her everyday! LOL....I understand about the "boring" job! But mine is probably waaay more boring than yours! ;)

Hi everyone. Fly by posting today for me. I am going to an Orioles/Yankees game this evening and need to go to the store and fix stuff up before we leave. Dh is playing golf this morning so the girls and I have loads to do before he gets home. I ran 9 miles this morning the first in a series of long runs before the half. I have officaicly signed up for the half as of yesterday. Now I feel like I'm going to puke. I was putting it off to see how my injuries were doing but when i looked at the sight for the Baltimore Marathon the half was 88% full already. So I bit the bullet and did it. It is one tough cookie of a course. I have never done anything this size or hard in my life. The estimated crowd for this is around 7500 for the half, 4000 for the marathoners and somthing else for the 5k and team relays plus the fun runs which I signed up all three girls to do. So it will be like 15,000 - 20,000 people. The girls get a T- shirt, medal and gatorade. I don't think I will be there to watch them since I start at 9:45 and they have the kids runs at 9:20. My start point is a 1/2 mile away from their fun run. Dh is going to record it all for me but I hate missing out. Maybe I will see some of it. Anywho as I'm reading about the course the first three miles are up HILL. Good Lord. Then they says there are two monster hill at mile 21 and 23. The half begins at the 13 mile point of the full marathon. However they call mile 23 gummie bear hill because at the end of this mile you get gummie bears. I'm fearful very much so of all the hills. Hills and I don't love each other very much. So I'm going to do some I-climbs on the eliptical and hope that helps me. Anyway I need to shower and get out of here. I can't belive it's almost 11. Plus my neice just left. She stopped by to show me her new used car. She is 17 and this is her first car. Her dad gave it to her. It's a 93 explorer with like 150 miles on it but very good condition espcecially for someone who gets it for free. She was thrilled. I'm so happy for her. She was still jumping in my drive way talking about how she can drive herself to school Monday.

Carole- i am going to Xt one of the runs for the eliptical. With the hills I think I climbs will do me some good. I think I do better with more runs too. With the 10 miler it was perfect with 4 runs and 2 XT.

Hopefully I can get to some personals later.:confused:

Hi Cheetahs!

Cathy: I have worked at a school before where you couldn't make your own copies. It was a total pain. We make our own, but are limited to 1,000 per month. It seems like a lot, but they go fast, especially when you have math tests that are 5 pages long! :mad: We are always running out. Oh man, you got me all dreamy over Robert Smith with the thread title today! :)

Lorie: I cannot believe you have been back for so long. At least you did some really fun stuff this summer. :)

Wendy: Good luck with the 11 tomorrow. I make lots of food that would make it impossible for me to lose 10 lbs! :)

Carole: I seem to not have problems getting the workouts in either. :)

Christine: That is great most people at work like dogs. I bet it was nice riding to work. I used to ride my bike to work in college when DH and I shared a car. I didn't mind it at all. Sorry DH is being a pain.

Linda: I am overwhelmed today with getting everything ready. I am happy to go back though. Good luck with the 15!

Karen: Cool about the new car. You will do great on the race I am sure. :)

I think I will run today. I HAVE to go to school today. I am really busy. Plus I have to go to a wedding tomorrow. I know it sounds mean, but I do not like doing things like that. I am not girly at all. I only see this person once a year. It means a lot to DH's mom that I go though. Sorry for the whine fest. Have a fantabulous day everyone!

Lorie :: peanut butter M&M's? Never had 'em. Does that count as a protein serving? :)

Wendy :: Perhaps you can get in a nap today to make up for the lousy sleep...Well, everything from my spree has now been delivered, so there's nothing left for me to be confused about. :)

Christine :: So many simple, little things bring me happiness--but I can't lie, food does, too, and it probably always will. But I'm happy to say that after a month on the nutrition program, I've re-programmed myself with better habits once again. I'm not having wild cravings, nor am I overeating when I do indulge in something a little less clean...Yes, the folks I see riding bikes dangerously are riding out of necessity, not out of pleasure or for fitness. However, to ride in the dark ON THE ROAD without the most basic of reflective gear--I'm talkin' stickers or even a cheap vest from Kmart, Walmart, etc.-- is just plain insane!...Not sure when Imax 2/CW will ship. I haven't inquired. Oh drat on you not liking CW either. Enjoy your ride today. I see DH been hittin' the you-know-what pill bottle again?

Carole :: thanks for the visual...I will look for it once this bag of Snyder's is through...wow! Two surgeries on the same tooth? That sounds like a nightmare. What happened to the crown that it required surgery?...Hope you have a great workout!

Linda :: mmm to the dark chocolate Snickers. My curriculum supervisor always keeps a tin of bite-size chocolate in the room when we do our curriculum writing, and I was proud of myself for not venturing near it last time...I think you can safely do 15 back-to-back, esp. if you don't go all out in your race.

Gloria :: You are not alone. I don't care for weddings much, either, but showers of either kind rank even lower in my book. I try to avoid them like the plague. Hope you get a lot done at school today.

Karen :: hoo boy, that does sound like a tough course...but no doubt you'll meet the challenge. Have fun @ the game.

I am undecided on my workout today. Kettlebells and a run are what I have on the schedule, but I'm wondering if that combo would be working the legs a little too hard right before the weekend long run. (It's 18 on Sunday.) Given that the last two long runs were tougher for me, I am thinking that just a run this evening may be a wise idea. I'll be starting a new 4-week rotation on Monday and might do as Judyinitially suggested: either stick with two days of circuits and drop the bells for now, or opt for 1 circuit day and 1 kettlebell day. As always, input is welcome and appreciated. :)

Good Afternoon and Happy Friday!!!!:D

I don't know what I'm so darned happy about. I'm spending tonight at home alone with DS while DH parties at a concert and going to bed early so that I can get up at the crack o' dawn to run 11 miles. *twirls fingers and :rolleyes:* FUN FUN! :p

I ended up doing 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp premix this afternoon. I went from soooo not wanting to work out to just getting up, throwing on clothes and JUST DOING IT cause if I thought about it too much I would talk myself right out of it! That is happening a little too often lately. :confused:

Lori: After I posted personals this morning and had no time to go back and add to them I realized that once again I shunned you! You weren't included! :p Glad to hear that cold is dissapating. What will you be doing with your weekend?

Cathy: I got my nap! You knew I would. Didn't ya? ;) Glad you got all of your toys! Let us know how you like everything! :) Regarding your work outs. The bells, IMO, work the legs something fierce. I think I would atleast alleviate the lower body bell work from your program. If you like the bells, keep them in once a week but maybe only for upper body and use a different program to hit the lower half perhaps?

Gloria: I am not a fan of cooking but when I DO cook I make sure it's healthy. I have enough people who cook the tastey unhealthy stuff for me. I don't need to add to it. LOL

Karen: Take a deep breath and relax. I know how nerve-wracking a big race is. I've been there. You'll do great. Take the hills slow. That's all you do. Figure them into your time if you are creating a goal for yourself. Just do the best that YOU can do and that will be fantastic! :)

Linda: So your marathon is in a week!? :)

Christine: Yeah, when did the trampoline thing happen? *scratches head* It must be new! Gymnastics with the ribbon? Do you mean that dancey floor routine thing they do?? Our yard is divided so the dog does his business in the half of the yard that we don't use for DS to play in or for when we have company over, etc.

Carole: Sodium is funny. Some days it's way high but often times I am surprised as I will receive an A in it! I almost blew it in general today. I was having a "moment" and allowed myself to eat what I normally wouldn't have. It wasn't a disaster though. I just have to watch for the rest of the day and I should be fine.

I think that catches me up for now! BBL!

Cathy - I only did the one workout that had lower body in it this week (the Dove one)....well and then one day I did some floorwork, too. But I thought I would seriously cut back on lower body til after this race next week, and then again when the marathon gets really close. I also try to do my lower body work at least 3 or 4 days before my long run.....cause I hurt!! ;)

Wendy - Enjoy your "bachelorette" night with little Joey! Good luck on your long run! enjoy it! Actually, my marathon is Nov 2....my 15 mile race is next week :) I am nervous, though! I have never done this race and it scares me!

Cathy: Yes, showers do rank much lower than weddings for me too. DH and I did not have a traditional wedding. Our BF (Cid) got ordained over the Internet and married us. We had it outdoors at a lodge on the river that DH was a caretaker for. Our BFs showed up on their Harley, clad in the leather and all. It was really fun. Just DH's parents, brother, and some close friends were there. It was sweet. My DH cried when Cid read what he wrote for us. :) Amazingly I was able to keep it together. Good memory. I was teaching at the middle school at the time and they had a small shower for me. I didn't want it, but very sweet to be thought of. I would nix the KBs, but I am no expert. Sorry. I found this really cool quote in a book I forgot I had. I am going to put it on a window pane outside my classroom.

"This is the team. We're trying to go the moon. If you can't put someone up, please don't put them down." ~NASA motto

Pretty cool eh? Hope you had a nice run today. :)

Wendy: I really like that workout you did today. I don't always cook healthy things, but try most of the time. I used to be more strict. Oh well. Enjoy the evening. I am also a bachelorette this evening. DH is fishing with some guys tonight. He has been working a lot. It's like it will not slow down for him. He is getting overwhelmed and tired. Yes, he fished in the kayak last night, but it wasn't with a friend or anything, a customer. Maybe this winter it will be better. But they do plan on staying open through the winter.

Linda: What marathon are you doing?

I did 4 miles today. I have not had a lot of gas in me the last two days. Went to the classroom and got some things done. The secretary came in to say hi. It is funny how you miss people over the summer. It was really nice to see her. I swear she could run the school all by herself. Might bbl girls. :)

Back from a solid run. :) :) :) Was aiming for a 3-4 miler with the idea of just going where the road took me. Wound up being 3.86. Just beautiful out there today. Blue skies, fresh air, and the open road. Dudn't get any better.

Linda :: Good point. The kettlebells + run on Fridays was too much too close to the long run. This week I moved to working the legs w/ weights only 1x per week. I just feel they are getting worked hard enough with the hills. I'm going to stick with that plus 2 days of pilates or leg drill add-ons. So, the new rotation I start on Monday will look similar to what I've done this month, with just a couple of tweaks:

M-circuit (u/b only)
T- run + pilates or km drills
W-circuit (full body) or kettlebells
R-run + pilates or km drills
F-run
S-rest
S-long run + yoga

It's good to be able bounce off of one another what we're doing in our training.

Gloria :: oh, your wedding sounds cool...I love the non-traditional and the relaxed...I'm so not into formalities...thanks for the feedback...I am definitely nixing weight work on Fridays...Love the quote! How are you going to put it on the window--a window decal or paint? I went to the store where I bought that Kandinsky poster print (the one I shredded yesterday), and happily, I snagged the VERY LAST ONE which was put away in the wrong slot!! :) :) :) Love when stuff like that happens. So, is your room almost good-to-go?

Wendy :: You sure perked up a lot since this morning! Of the two fitness toys I treated myself to, I haven't used the vest, but I previewed the pilates vid this afternoon. Looks good. It has both ab and leg work...With the kettlebells, everything gets worked pretty good, and I think it's hard to avoid hitting the legs, so I'm thinkin' the tweaks I made to the rotation (see above) will do the trick. The only difference between that and what I've been doing now is that I'm doing one less weight workout (either circuit or k'bell) and no weights beyond Wednesdays.

this just gives me the giggles

PS...Did anybody hear what Gwen Stefani named her baby?

I bagged up laughing when I heard it this morning on the radio.

Ready?

Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale

No kidding.

I think that one tops them all.

Cathy: The wedding was nice. :) I am not a formal type of gal either. The classroom is not ready for the kiddies yet. It is getting there. I have just been in a funk the last couple of days. It was just nice to get in there and do something. Glad you could get the poster. I have a Kagan book that is called Inspirational Quotations and they have it on a page I can just copy and it still looks nice. Next to my door there is a glass panel that is probably 6 inches wide where I post the class list etc. I am not ready to go yet. I will be though. Glad the run was a good one for you! :)

PS...Did anybody hear what Gwen Stefani named her baby?

I bagged up laughing when I heard it this morning on the radio.

Ready?

Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale

No kidding.

I think that one tops them all.

Um....WTH is that!?!? That's not NAME for cripes sake! That's a friggin' joke! OMG, what is wrong with people!?!?!?! :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Good Evening Peeps!:)

I took Joey to the park after dinner tonight to tire him out. :)

After that we went to the foodstore. I bought oodles of fresh fruits and veggies but they will be gone in a matter of days and I'll have to go again! I think this is the 3rd trip to the foostore for me inside of 2 weeks. I am usually lucky to get there once a week most times! LOL I must really be diggin' this clean eating thing! ;) It's gonna put me in the poor house though, I tell ya!:(

Don't mind all of the bold words. I must be delirious or something! LOL

Cathy: Your rotation looks good. I am always careful not to plan leg work too close to the long run also. I have been trying to get it done by tuesday so that all signs of DOMS can be long gone by the time the weekend hits! :D

Gloria: OMG, I LOVE going to weddings! LOL I don't get dressed up often so I usually enjoy it on the rare occassions that I get the chance to do it. I have accumulated a nice little collection of inexpensive dresses to wear to things like weddings and any other party that is more on the formal side. I am not into the gown thing. No, that's not me but I DO like to look purty on occassion! :D I also usually really enjoy the music/dancing at weddings. I can be very uptight when it comes to dancing but it's different for me at weddings for some reason so I really enjoy it!

Linda: I'm jealous that you get a "warm up" race before you marathon! I was going to do a 15k as it was the biggest "warm up" race I could find that was at a good time prior to my 18 miler but it's the first of it's kind and it's in a bad area so DH asked me not to do it. How could I argue? I would have loved to be able to do an HM about a month prior to the 18 miler but there aren't any around here at that time. :( Oh well. GOOD LUCK! I know you'll do fantastic!

I guess that catches me up! I'm sure I'll be poppin' in early before I hit the streets in the morning! 11 miles here I come! Pales in comparison to what Cathy has comin' up on Sunday. YOU GO GIRL! Knock 'em dead! :)

Nighty night!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.