:::Cheetahs:::Insomniacs Unite:::Wednesday:::

Yeah, so I went to bed nice and early and started reading NROL4W. I turned out the light at 10 and was probably asleep in an instant after that. I woke up around 2:30 am and that was all she wrote. x( I laid in bed for a while trying to fall back to sleep but couldn't so here I am...

Christine: LOL about the silly putty hammer. My DH doesn't need it as much as my BMF does. He is sooo moody. In fact, I would LOVE to use that hammer on him right about now. :p

Lori: OMG, I'm so sorry you had such a cr@ppy day y'day. I know how that can be. I get into moods like that and watch out when I do! LOL I hope today is better for you. Yeah, I have to admit the TM incident did bring a slightly comical image to mind :p but on the other hand I know how badly one can get hurt so I'm just glad you escaped with a small burn.

Carole: I hope your back is feeling better.

Jackie: Hope you are caught up after the holiday.

Shelly: Yeah Joey knocked over pins...it's called BUMPER bowling. ;) I *think* I am seeing changes from doing the X+ but I will be taking my 30 day pics at the end of the month so I'll for sure by then. Last weigh in, I had dropped a couple pounds as well. :) Nice run with Itread 9. I've been thinking about doing that one again soon. It was a challenge but it felt great.

Sunny: Welcome home! Sorry about the travel woes. I hate delays like that. Glad you had fun though. :)

Dallas: Okay so the bad sleep thing must be contagious this week! LOL I am hoping to be able to catch a bit more sleep when I'm done here though. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Judy: Enjoy the hockey trip.

Lorie: Great work outs. You sure know how to bring it!}(

Thomasina: Glad you had fun skiing. Have you been skiing for a while now? The boots were on the first setting around the leg that they could be on so I had no choice with that. I have large calves which always pose problems for me when wearing/buying boots so I'm sure that has something to do with it and then the extra layers of clothing in there did not help I am sure.

Cathy: Did you get alot of sleep last night? I can't believe your external HD needs to be replaced. You just bought it! ACK!

K, personals are done...I'm off to try and get a little more sleep.

BBL!

Good morning, cheetahs!

Wendy :: sorry about your insomnia...I got 7 hours last night but I woke up feeling like I just went to bed. :) But it's OK. I'll plow through this. :) I was surprised about the HD, too. I should be able to pick it up in-store today...Sometimes the rental boots aren't the greatest. You can also run into problems if you have lumps in your gear.

The rest week is absolutely what I needed. Don't get me wrong, I *wanted* to work out yesterday, but I was able to grade 50 papers. Have 150 left to go.

Have a GREAT day, all!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

I'm not a cheetah ....but I AM an insomniac !!!!

HI WENDY!!!!

I've been up since 4 am . The night before last, I only slept around 2 hours......so I am DUE some good sleep here sometime !!!!!!

Sorry to barge in on this thread.....just saw you here and wanted to say hi to a fellow non-sleeper.
See you back at the daily check in.

Becky

wendy-LOVE the title!!! i have terrible insomnia. i think a lot of us do. :-( x(

twinnie-i can't figure out how to get back to the scrabulous board!!!x( x( x(

so, i am STILL sore in my adductors, abductors and hamstrings. i think it was a combination of doing heavy legs on saturday and doing the plyo stuff in iClimb boot camp on monday. since i did 4DS bis and tris last night, the only thing i could do today is shoulders and core (yeah...NO LEGS). i am mulling about as to what cardio i am going to do. maybe the EXT, maybe some kickboxing. right now, i have no idea.

anyway, i am deermined to make it back for personals today!

Good morning ladies!

I never got back for personals last night because I was exhausted and went to bed *VERY* early last night. I won't even tell you guys how long I slept becaue it would probably make you insomniacs jealous :p :+. I can't tell you the last time I had insomnia...just doesn't happen lol. I had to blow off this morning's workout *again* because I have to be to work kind of early and my back is still quite tender from chipping at ice Monday night. However :):):).....

I got a little run in yesterday at work!!!!! I had some time to kill while letting the horses have playtime in the arena so I ran around the outside of the ring a bunch of times (concrete and flat). I'm not sure just how far I ran in total but I did two 15 minute runs at what felt like a 9:00-9:30 (I tend to be pretty accurate) pace so I figure I had to have done a little over 3 miles. I'm pleased to report that I have yet to even feel the tiniest twinge in my foot. YAY!!!!!! I can't tell you how good it felt to run again, even if it was only a tiny bit. If I have time today I might do the same thing again.

No news on Monday's events x:)(...I hope that isn't BAD news. I guess I'll have to wait awhile on that one :(.

BBIAM with personals...

Wendy - OMG, LMAO about your DH!!! Sorry you couldn't sleep hon...I hope you're staring at the insides of those eyelids right now instead of reading this. Uhhhh, courtesy, what's that lol???? ITA!!!! In our league we observe a two lane rule, but there are a bunch of guys who seem to "forget" to give even one lane *rolls eyes*. I hate when I go to a different house and they try to put me next to a bunch of kids when the rest of the house is empty. Um, hello, I just walked in with more than 65lbs of equipment...do ya really think I'm just a recreational bowler????

Christine - Glad to hear the SP hammer worked it's magic! ITA with your feelings on "horse people"! The sad part is most illegal Mexican grooms make more than I do with the tips they bring in. A few of our clients (especially one) conveniently "forget" that that is appropriate. I hope your return to work was relatively painless.

Lori - I hope you have a better day today. OUCH!!! I'm glad to hear that didn't end up being nastier fall.

Carole - How is your back this morning? Those are nasty little buggers...those thorns can get you good x(. Oh, don't even mention carrot cake :9:9:9:9!!!!

Jackie - That's why I was afraid to report that there have been no workouts...I was askeered of YOU! I hope work wasn't too crazy for ya yesterday.

Shelly - WOW, and not about your workouts either! Um, when you're done with your to do list there you wanna start here?!?! I'll pay your airfare!!! July 8th, huh? Maybe I can swing something for that? A race and little GTG would be a very nice Bday present!

Sunny - Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great time, although I'm sorry to hear about you being stuck at the airport that long...YUCK!

Dallas - Is the neck still feeling good? Nice workout yesterday.

Cathy - Glad to hear that you're making a dent in your grading. We'll be here when you have time to post :7. I hope you get your HD issues worked out!

Judy - No, no news yet :(. Where in Mass? I lived in that area for about 10 years, and my mom and grandmom live in Springfield. Enjoy the tourney!

Lorie - Nice workout yesterday. KB with sore legs :eek:...yeah, good luck with that one ;).

Posh - Glad you had a great time skiing and, yay, about the improvements you saw!!! Thanks for turning yourself into a pretzel for me LOL! I wish I just knew what was up, one way or the other.

Okay, gotta split. I hope I can back here tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Greetings :)

Wendy- I am sorry about the insomnia. It sounds like you are doing well with this round of the x+ Are you sticking pretty close to it? I have big calves too, and ski boots were down right painful. I think though that they are better mad now than when I skied in the 80s-90s. But if you had rental boots, then you probably had a nasty experience. ... What is this new book you are reading???? (with all the letters)

Cathy- 50 papers? That is great progress! Your external HD issue is a pain in the patooty.

Wendi- Kudos to you for making the best of your time! (running) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you....

As far as a run goes for me, I'm gonnabe a weenie and stay inside today. It is 16 degrees with a wind chill of ZERO. Nope, I don't wannabe outside. It just might be a good day to do a kick box, since I have no requirements rotation wise!

edit to answer Wendi: We will be in Deerfield, MA

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good Morning Lovely Cheetah Women. :)

Thankfully I managed to fall back to sleep before so I'm not totally dead to the world right now. I could easily crawl back under the covers again but couldn't we all when we know there is no time for it? :)

Cathy: Sorry you are tired today. Hopefully you wake up as the day progresses and then feel better tmrw morning. Yeah, DH said rental boots can be lousy as well. He said the boots he has at his mom's house were super comfortable so he is going to look for them for next time. He said if I want to keep going I should buy a pair for myself even if I don't feel the need to actually buy skis. We'll see what happens. I will still try the layers OUT of the boot idea next though. It will HAVE to be atleast a little more comfortable that way I would think. :)

Lorie: I vote for kickboxing for today. I am currently slightly obsessed with it though. :p

Wendi: Good job sneaking that run in y'day. Hope you get to do it again today. Well I don't walk in with 65# of equipment...my DH does though. LOL Nonetheless, I DO have my own ball and shoes and can not stand it when folks don't follow the courtesy rule. Kids are bad enough but when adults do it, I just want to smack them! LOL
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on the job front. Don't start thinking negative already!

Judy: I added in a day of cardio and an extra leg work out to the X+. NROL4W is New Rules of Lifting for Women. I like it so far. I like the author's "personality". I can't say much for the information yet as I haven't gotten into the meat and potatoes of the book yet. I'll let you know though. :)

Today's work out remains to be seen...I have a few options to choose from so I will make the decision when I get home from work this afternoon.

Ciao for now!

Good Morning Ladies!

We met some friends out for drinks and appetizers last night. He had just had back surgery and this was his first real day out, so we wanted to go and support him. We came home a bit later, so I’m a little tired today, but that’s okay. I have HSTA on the BOSU on the rotation for today. I’ll probably add some kettlebell lower body as well. Jimmy is sitting on the floor beside me gazing at me adoringly – what a goofy mutt. But he’s good for the ego! :p

Lori – hope you’re in a better mood today! I hate when I get like that!

Carole – How’s the back today? I hope it’s feeling better! Blackberry vines can be NASTY! Do you at least get good fruit from them? How was your visit with John?

Jackie – thank heavens for short weeks! My boss is gone two days as well, so that makes it really nice. Hope you’re getting caught up!

Shelly – Great job on getting so much done!! We so totally understand your need to concentrate on things other than your Cheetah pals! We’ll be here whenever you have a moment! I hope you get to run through Gettysburg! I grew up about an hour from the battlefield, and remember going to field trips to see it almost every year. Now that I am interested in civil war history, I live in California – go figure. There’s a lot of history in that area. LOL about you needing the silly putty hammer for you! I think DH puts up with you because you have a heart the size of Texas! :+

Sunny – Glad to hear you had such a great time in Palm Springs! I just ordered a new KB workout - The Extreme Kettlebell Cardio Workout – it was highly recommended on the VF forums. We’ll see.

Dallas – I put the silly putty hammer in the mail! Did you get your KB? I’m planning on Iron Core 1 on Friday. I like that one. I could feel the difference in weight in my hips from the swings – amazing!

Thomasina – Glad you had a great time skiing and that you’re doing much better because of the LB workouts and Grace! Yeah, I’ve noticed a shortage of Round Tuits as well! As far as DH is concerned, actually after I was done, I said, “I’m tired of you acting like this!” So pretty much the same thing. He’s back to normal after my little tirade, thankfully! I LOVE your signature line! Especially as I’m 5’10 and strong – I can carry A LOT! :p

Wendy – sorry you couldn’t sleep! Every time I read NROL4W I think “NILIF” (nothing in life is free) which is a dog training technique where the dog has to earn everything (it’s actually a very solid technique). I don’t know why – but I smile every time. How is the book? My DH goes through phases. He’s not what I would call moody, but he can get a bee in his bonnet about something and drive me bonkers. And every now and again his Indian male comes out and he starts in with the “I am the boss.” I just nod and say, “Whatever you say, dear.” Then go about my business as I want to. :+

Cathy – Great job on grading the papers! Enjoy your rest week!

Becky – many of us are not true cheetahs, but we like the hang out with the big cats!

Lorie – Yeah, that might do it – sounds like you have had one heck of a workout the last few days!! Hope your legs are feeling better!

Wendi – glad someone is getting enough sleep around here! YAY!!! On the foot! Good job at getting in a run while working! Just have patience – sometimes no news is good news – things can take longer than realized. Hang in there – fingers are still crossed for you! I do hope you get to move on soon!

Judy – I’d be a “weenie” too! That’s bloody cold! Enjoy your run!

Enjoy your day all!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Sorry about the insomnia..So did you manage to do crunches with the pullup bar yesterday? That is way cool your DH wanted healthier snacks!!! Thanks my back is better today.

Cathy...sorry things are so busy...we miss ya...:)

Lorie..that lower body DOMS can last for a bit. Enjoy your workout.

Wendi...glad you got in a little run at work. Back is better thanks...:)

Judy...so glad the massage helped. I do have that info about chest work from the RT. The therapist said 1 chest exercise to every 2 back exercises (I think). I do not remember exactly why but I will look for the papers we got, scan them and then email the info to you. Not sure I would want to go out in 16 degrees!! Kickboxing sounds good.

Christine...Have fun with HSTA on the Bosu. The nephew I saw yesterday was not John, it was Adam the chiropractor! He adjusted my back and it is lots better. No, the fruit from these wild vines is not edible.

Jackie...back is much better today. My nephew was a big help. Good job with the 4 miles and Cool it off yesterday.

Shelly...way to go on getting stuff done. I know we moved a lot before we finally bought this house and I said NO MORE!!! I despise packing!! But I know you and when you set your mind to it, it is done...:)...And all of us will understand if your posts get a bit erratic. Hope you had a good workout yesterday. Yes, I was so glad for my nephew yesterday...I hadn't hurt my low back like this in years...yep it has to be the gardening...

Tomasina...yes those blackberry vines are a a pain! My DH is going to spray them with something after the rain. We have another area to get to also, but the vines are coming up in the middle of my established Azaleas and mini roses, so it'll be a lot tougher to get the damn vines out of there.

Sunny...glad to hear you had a good time in PS. Yes, travel time can sometimes be a pain!

Dallas...glad the PF e-cises are helping your neck. I know the ones I did for my hips yesterday helped my lower back a bit. The adjustment helped a lot.

After stretching out yesterday I did get in my freestyle leg workout and 30 min on my EXT without much back pain. The adjustment was painful (I knew it would be) but my back is a lot better today. Today I am doing freestyle legwork, abs, MM chest & back and a short run.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs! Well, I didn't get nearly as much done yesterday as I had originally hoped. Had to take a trip into town for errands and it's a 30 min trip one-way since I live out in the "frontier". Well, today is a new day... but I work tonight so there wont be much time for anything else other than my workoutx(
I ended up doing an hour of cycling yesterday for cardio

Carole- Glad to hear your back is better- nice mish mosh of a workout you have planned. How is the hip feeling now with your runs? It's funny you mentioned saying "no more" after your last move. I said the same thing when we moved here! But we've been here 7.5 yrs which is an all time record for me staying in one place so I guess it's an improvement. I'm starting the packing now and doing it gradually so it won't be so tiring and tiresome.

Christine- Thank you for your kind words yesterday! That was nice of you to go out with the friend who just had back surgery. Those can be quite an ordeal and to be honest, I feel most of the time it isn't worth it. I hope your friend recuperates well. I've been using the Bosu alot in place of the step lately. Much more fun and it feels like I've worked out harder too. Haven't tried HSTA yet with it.... I'll have to give it a whirl.

Wendi- July 8 is your Bday?? FABO--- but I misspoke about the Gettysburg race. It is actually July 12 but I would be so thrilled to run with you and I do hope it can happen. Glad to hear that your foot is doing better! That's nice that you can fit in a run with your busy work schedule. Hope you are hearing good news soon!!

Lorie- Yowza--- sounds like a major case of leg DOMS for you!!
Good luck with the cardio today.

Cathy- Grademax for you today eh? I just love your can do attitude!

Wendy- Glad to hear you were able to catch up a tad on the sleep.
At least you won't be walking around in a fog today.

Thomasina- Sounds like a very successful and fun ski trip :)

Judy- I've got a gift certificate to a local spa that I haven't used yet... you've inspired me to go for a deep tissue massage myself.
That's very interesting about working the back muscles more than the chest. It's a natural tendency unfortunately that we tend to sag our shoulders forward as we age, women especially. I don't think you are being a weenie at all for staying indoors... I call that sensible!!!

Dallas- Like your new simple screen name! What to the initials stand for if I may ask? I have heard about "Framework" and am very curious... I'll probably get it eventually. Glad I could provide a little declutter inspiration but to be honest I'm really only doing it because of the moving.... don't want to tote along any more than I have to!

SunnyD- Welcome back!!! Sounds like a nightmare allday affair at airports :eek: x( It must be so good to be home after that! What's on tap for today?

Jackie- Hiya! Was work a big hassle yesterday?

Time to get moving here. for today it will be a 5 mile run and then some leg work, probably B&G.

tata

ShellyC

hello ladies,

yesterday i didn't get to workout. just too many things to catch up on.

today i did a 20 min iclimb and well do some kind of strength work later.

wendy- let me know what you think of the book. i love lou's personality very straight forward yet humerous.

carole- so how was your birthday!! hope you had a good one!

shelly- yes it does. your moving plans sound like they are coming along. good for you!! a run and b& G, WOW:7

christine- great minds think alike, lol. i ordered it yesterday as well. just when i said i was done...}( :p :+ still wanting a couple more KB's also.

cathy- did you try your KB's while i was gone? good job getting those papers graded.

wendi- so sorry you had to blow off another workout. i hadn't worked for a few days and was really missing it. sometimes it just can't be helped.

judy- if you are a weenie than so am i:p . i never run outdoors in the winter.

dallas- what made you decide on the name change?

lorie- kickboxing sounds like it would fit the bill nicely.

ttyl...:)

Hi Girls.

I've decided that today will be leg and cardio day. I think I'm going to do the X's Legs and Back (omitting the back work) and then as far as cardio goes, I want to do Kenpo Cardio+ but my shoulders are still quite sore so I'm wondering if I should give them a break and do some NON-kickbox cardio today?? I'll have to take a look at my dvds and see what calls my name!;)

I'll be back after my work out for personals!:)

I'm back.

X Legs and Back (with out the back!) is done! I upped my weights and added weights to exercises Tony doesn't use any in. OMG, was it a burner and I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow!}(

I've decided to skip cardio for today. I don't really have the time for it and it's not worth squeezing it in. I plan to do ITread 9/60 tmrw so I'll save the energy for that instead. ;)

Off to finish up my snack and then hit the showers! I'm training tonight.

Later Babes!:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Sounds like everyone is having a good day! Im happy to report that my PMS didn't last long and my day went much better then yesterdays! Blah! Although the phone woke us at 7...."do you want to come in to work" NO! Ugh! I had to call my coworker back at lunch time and apologize! I know that I didn't totally snap at her but I could have been nicer, plus I know she AS to make the phone call!

Sooooo...we had a great day today. Busy as usual, when i am off. Im hoping to get some house work done when he goes to bed. Just seems like I can't find the time in the day time unless I want to take workout time to clean! HAHAHAHA! Thats a laugh!

Wendy** Im glad a gave you a chuckle! I know the picture was a little amusing. The funny thing is I wasn't even on the TM, I tripped on something else and then landed on the TM!Glad you got back to sleep! Would have been a long and tiring day if you didn't!

Wendi** How nice! You got a work in at work! Im so envious of people who can workout at work!

Christine** Sounds like you had a great night with freidns!

Carole** Good workout planned!

Shelley** How many night shifts are you working? How are the moving plans going?

Cathy** I didn't know you were taking a rest week:eek: Ive never heard of such a thing!LOL Hope it does you good!

Lorie** I have a feeling I am going to have some DOMS in the morning. When doing deadlifts I did them on the step, like Cathe does in GS legs and got in there good. The deadlifts done on the floor just end up hurting my lower back after a while.

I did CF today and PLB. I went heavy with the weights but I think the floor work is what I am going to be feeling in the morning!

Im sure I missed some personnals b/c since starting this I have answered the phone and put DS to bed. Sorry!!!:* :* :*
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.