::: CHEETAHS ::: iHeart the weekend (Sat.)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Ahh! Enjoying the early morning quiet time. Am planning on a productive workday today, including a workout yet TBD. I’m up for whatever looks fun and grabs me at the moment.

Kristi :: so sorry DS has been ill. Poor thing. Keep us posted.

Christine :: you’re right – there is something about a snow day that gives you a giddy feeling whether you're a young kid or a big kid…aww, thanks. :) Has DMIL ever been to visit you here? Australia is on my someday list, too. I don’t strive for 100% clean, but I will definitely join you in cleaning up my act next week.

Carole :: adorable smiley!…So why was it TGIFF for you?

Jackie :: Glad you’ve been able to keep the flu at bay…I’m a big believer that rest is so important for the body to heal…sometimes it’s not what we want mentally, but it may actually be best for the body.

Shelly :: Had it loosely in mind that I would plug in an evening workout last night, but I ended up dozing off at, er, um, 6 pm. Slept about 10 hours, so I missed out on it. I gave myself the morning to lounge and relax (oh, it felt sooo good!) and then I hit the books at noon…Oops! I misunderstood your previous post—thought you were up for a stretch of nights OFF. Hope it’s smooth and not too frenetic a pace.

Wendy :: Glad your throat is feeling somewhat better…OIC about the skiing. You sounded like you had so much fun with your first endeavor, that I thought you were a definite convert.

Lorie :: I’m glad the hip and piriformis are cooperating for you. Hope the weekend recharges you after that butt-kicking week. Any fun plans?

Dallas :: I would fight to keep that squat rack, or I’ll bet you’ll be kicking yourself when STS comes out. Carole and Jackie and I have the NordicTrack Spacesavers…maybe that would be a reasonable solution for you…The strikeout can be done the same way that you bold or italicize text, just using the word strike instead of the “b” or the “i.”

Lori :: another fierce workout for you! Nice! Is Cashmere the one starring Brooke Shields? I think I’m confusing that with the other show, Lipstick Jungle. If if it’s on late, I probably don’t stand a chance right now. I didn’t even make it to Jeopardy last night! *lol* Your DS lives like a rock star compared to me. :)

Judy :: What adventures you’re having up there. Pushing the car up a hill and a haunted hotel? Yikes! I spent my day vegging out totally in the AM…then at noon, I hit the books and worked on planning. At one point, I took a break in my reading to watch an episode of Haunting on the Discovery channel. It was about a paranormal investigator who became possessed by a demon. Freaky stuff! I continued my reading during commercial breaks, but I could not tear myself away.

This is for anyone who was tempted with the hammer this week:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_0290.gif

Or would you prefer:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_0289.gif

Have a great day...will be BBL to catch up!

Edited to fix a bolding issue
Then edited again to fix typos

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Hello cheetahs,

last week was so crazy for me once i returned. seems like i just couldn't totally get it together. hopefully i will be back on track this week.

cathy- enjoy your TBD workout. let me know what you think once you give IC#2 a whirl. btw- i am now off accutane (as of yesterday) do you remember how long it took for your symptons to go away? i.e. dry mouth?

christine- yes, i agree it is funny. you hear something is hard and we just jump right on it. lol. well i need to get another 20lb (for the workouts that require two kb's) and a 35lb.

dallas- i'm doing the TT rotation. next up..NROL4W!!

wendy- have you finished nrol4w yet? if so, what do you think?

kristi- i am praying for ds to recover quickly.

i will come back later for more personals.

today i am going to break open one of my new kb workouts and then add a 20 min icycle on afterwards.

enjoy your saturday!!

Hey Girls.

A quick post for me this morning but I'll be back in a bit for sure.

I rested y'day and will do upper and abs/core+ at nap time today.

Sore throat is still hangin' around...it's tickin' me off but atleast that's all that is wrong with me.

Cathy: I had lots of fun skiing and I really hope the trend continues but if I feel like I'm never getting any better at it then eventually I will not want to do it anymore. Keep your fingers crossed that this doesn't happen. :)

Sunny: I pretty much finished the book last night. I am on board totally with the diet concept. I do a loose version of it now and have for a few years now. I am not going to follow is 15 minutes of interval cardio thing. I'll just do short intense cardio work outs of my own choice on the days when I am not lifting. Speaking of lifting, the work out format is a bit confusing and some of the work outs are so darned short I gotta wonder if it's gonna be like going backwards for us?? I also am quite curious about his belief that you don't need to work small muscle groups. Curiousity is going to make me try this. I admit I have my doubts but I'll never claim to know more them him or his co-authors so I'm definately willing to try it! :)

K, outta time for the moment but I'll be back soon!;)

Hey Sunny...I'm back with one final thought on NROL4W...I was reading the chapter on the core and I couldn't believe he was down-playing a 6 pack as if it was unbelievable to him that any woman would want that look!? I have it, mildly, and omg I couldn't be happier! I hope his ab/core work doesn't do it harm. :eek:

Good Morning Gals!

Well...I don't "heart" this weekend:-( Im working nights all weekend and I REALLY did not want to be there last night. Thats always bad. For the most part I like going to work but last night I couldn't be bothered!.

Im not sure what todays workout will be. I need to get my energy level up before I can even think about what I am going to do. I didn't sleep in very late cause DH wanted to play hockey @ 10 and I said I would get up, only with the condition that I could get an afternoon nap...so thats the plan:)

Cathy** Nope, Brook isn't in this show. Lucy Lou is and there are a couple of girls I have never seen before. These women are women on top...business women making big bucks...yada...yada...but for some reason it reminds me of Sex and the City (but not as bad of course) Have a good workout and workday!

Sunny** Enjoy your new KB'ing workout!

Wendy** Did I hear you say you took a rest day yesterday?:) Or you rested after your workout? hehe Did I tell you that my bro as P90X and he is going to let me borrow it. I know I won't be able to do the workouts for 12 weeks straight, thats not even a option...I would just like to play around with them.

O.k girlie girls! Have a good day!

Lori:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - I'm so happy Jimmy is snapping back. Will he get to go out on a run soon? Sorry you didn't like ABC. It's definitely nothing like ABA but I like to use it like a cardio and weights workout.

Shelly - Hope you had a good night at work. Glad you're enjoying that bosu to the utmost. I don't blame you for not wanting to commute more than 30 minutes. That's long enough even in the best of weather. Dr. put me on a Prevpak for 14 days and then she gave me a script for Prevacid to take until she tells me to stop. That probably won't happen with my history the last couple of years. She doesn't want me to develop a full blown bleeding ulcer. I have to stay away from IB too.

Wendy - Glad you had no problems making it to work yesterday. Driving on ice just scares me to pieces. Yeah, are you getting rested so you can get over your crud? I think you may need a couple of rest days. I have two more to go. Come on and join me. Let's fight this stuff together.

Lorie - Great job on that run yesterday! Glad the hip is doing so well. Since I can't take IB now, I may have to go in for a cortisone shot.

Dallas - Great job with the stairs! Sounds like a busy day for you yesterday. I will definitely remind you about resting when you're not 100%. Will see what Monday brings and decide on the workout.

Lori - Nice little workout you put together. At work is when I can do most of my posting. Don't seem to have as much time when I get home from work.

Judy - Glad you know how to handle the snow and ice. Congratulations to DS team on their win. We can be on a recovery week together. :)

Cathy - So glad you're enjoying a nice quiet morning. You so deserve it. I am definitely resting. I don't want to play around with the flu. So far though, no more flu symptoms. Have to take that Tamiflu for 3 more days. Love your smileys. I can only see them from home and not work.

Sunny - Glad you had a fun and safe trip. I'm sure you're be back on track in no time. Enjoy your workout.

I had planned on just taking it easy today and staying in. But, I have to go and choose my granite counters. That's about an hour away and the place is only opened from 10 - 2. I need to get out of here by 10. Since it's in DBF neck of the woods, I'll just go to his place afterwards and chill. Anyway, I feel pretty good right now.

I picked up Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn yesterday. Had a $3 off coupon. Thought I'd give it a try since I read some pretty good reviews on it.

Enjoy your Saturday ladies!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs

I wanted to say 1st that Lorie and Cathy talked me into getting a Facebook account. I never knew it cold be so fun. For me it seems like myspace for adults. I know a couple of the other cheetahs have an account too and some of the OALer's. I think it'd be fun if any of you cheetahs get an account (or have one already) so we can be friends on Facebook, then I can throw a cake at you!!! It is free and you can make it as private as you want. There is also a Cathe Friedrich group that we have all joined. It does use up some time though...PM me if you are interested and I can send you an invite.

Cathy...it was TGIFF for me because it seemed like a long week. Hope you get in a fun workout. Love the hammer smileys..I will have to save them! We have been getting along pretty good since getting away last weekend...who woulda thought...:)

Sunny...enjoy your KB and iCycle workout.

Wendy..glad you got to work safely yesterday, but it does sound like they could have closed for the day. The weather right now is rain. We had quite a downpour last night and about an inch of hail!! We might get a break monday. I blame my kitchen clutter on my DH...:D...good job getting yours de cluttered. Enjoy your upper body and ab/core workout.

Jackie...glad to hear you are feeling better. I think a recovery weekend is a good idea. When I was a kid we had an avocado tree in our back yard, I do really mis that now. Not sure we can grow them up here. I love them too and they are great on sandwiches and salads. I get a cheese wrap at Subway once in a while (swiss cheese and lots of veggies and always a scoop of avocado...:)...We have rain all weekend, and the temps will be in the 50-60's for the high. Enjoy chilling with DBF and picking out your granite!! I might need earplugs for that Denise workout...LOL...:).I know she has some great workouts but I could never get past her voice.

Lorie...I have never minded running in the rain except for long distances. But if you add the wind too, then it is completely no fun!! Good workout yesterday. Glad to hear the hip and piriformis are behaving.

Lori...looks like a killer workout yesterday. I am impressed at your SIL getting back into running after the may baby. That would be nice if all 3 of you can do the run. And your DH too?...:)

Dallas...I lucked out yesterday as it was not raining for my run, just cloudy. I am glad you got the Freestyle book, I enjoyed reading it and of course dug it out again when I started my Freestyle rotation. Do you have a FB acct? I just got one monday. It is fun playing with the other Catheites there.

Judy...sounds like the pushing the car uphill warmed those boys up well for there game! My back is still a little tender but is not stopping my workouts. LOL about the haunted hotel.

Christine...I eat some of Amy's products too. Her burritos are very good. So are her enchiladas! I am glad you see the importance of protein and fat to help with the hunger. Honestly, not everybody knows that...:)..but I do think many overdo it on protein and to me that can also be damaging to the body.

Shelly...my run yesterday was pain free, so I know this will just take time...I did use the roller after yesterdays run and will continue. Hope had fun on HSTA with the Bosu and your run.

I got some new Windsor pilates workouts and plan on trying the lower body and ab one today.

Have a great day...:)

Hey Cheetahs!

Big storm rolling in tonight. There’s talk of it being as bad as the one in January. We’ll see. DH leaves tonight, but if it’s too windy, he may not be able to take off. I have the Extreme Kettlebell Workout, so I think I’ll do that today. It’s supposed to be killer, so I’m not sure I’ll do any cardio afterwards. We’ll see how I feel. DH and I are going to lunch this afternoon, then I’ll make a nice light supper – he doesn’t like to eat too much before he flies (his flight takes off at 10:30 tonight).

Lorie – hope you got to sleep in and get the rest you needed today!

Dallas – Those stairs sound killer!!! Do you use the squat rack a lot? I do like ABA – it took a few tries, but it grew on me. I love the way she mixes everything up and her cardio is tough but straight forward.

Judy – wow! You’d think they’d know about snow in Mass! Guess now like you in the Snow Belt – eh? Glad the team won the game after they had to push the car up a hill! No fitness room at the hotel? Did you ask the front desk if they have an agreement with a near by health club? Some do. It can’t hurt to ask.

Cathy – DMIL broke her hip and cannot visit the US. She was here when DH was married to his ex, but that’s it. It’s too bad actually. I would love to visit Australia! I am jealous that he gets to go all of these cool places! Great – we can be the Clean Cheetahs! And I know what you mean about 100% clean – it’s too high a standard. I strive for 80 to 90%. Enjoy your workout and hope you get a lot done! LOVE the emoticons!!! I’ll have to keep them in mind! :D

Sunny – I previewed parts of Extreme Kettlebells and it does look tough. Only one kb is needed for this one, though. I will be getting probably another 15 and another 20 – some of the workouts that require two – two 20’s would be too much. And I want a 35 pounder. Which workout are you doing?

Wendy – I hate when I cannot kick an illness. Hope you’re feeling better really soon! Enjoy your lifting. I’m skeptical of people who say you don’t need to work certain groups of muscles, too – but if they use compound exercises that incorporate multiple groups, I could see it – Kettlebells are more like that.

Lori – Hope work is quick and painless these next few nights. Enjoy your workout and your afternoon nap!

Jackie – I guess I’ll have to give ABC another shot, too. I didn’t like ABA when I first tried it. Anything that is really different causes me to step back and think, “Hmm, this isn’t what I was expecting”. I find if I do it again when I am expecting it, it’s always better. And sometimes lighter workouts are just what the doctor ordered.

Carole – I have a Facebook account too! I’ll look you up! I agree that some people over do it on protein – especially those who eat all protein and very low carb – that diet is a recipe for disaster, if you ask me. I like a well balanced mix. I like this 40 days to really evaluate my diet and introduce myself to new foods. I made a fiery fruit salsa last night that would be great with some Quorn chicken products. I never would have thought to do that. It’s really good. Have fun with pilates today! Are you planning a run tomorrow? I hope it’s not crazy windy for you! They’re calling for 100 mph winds above 7000 feet – and half of my coworkers are in Tahoe this weekend!

Have a great time everyone!

cathy-i don't have anything really majah planned for this weekend. just going to relax, workout, and try to do some dissertation work. no pain after my run yesterday, so i'm hap-hap-happy!

kristi-i hope your week is better. i am reading the NROLFW book right now. the only thing is, a lot of what he says directly contradicts what we do in cathe's workouts. for example, he says bicep curls or ANY exercise isolating a small muscle is a waste of time. hmmmm.

wendy-glad you have nothing more than a sore throat. let's hope that goes away as well. i have some questions/concerns as i read NROLFW, but we'll see.

lori-so sorry you are working this weekend! that sucks! x(

jackie-so far so good on the hip and piriformis. i hope you won't need another cortison shot. i found them painful.

carole-you ran in rain AND wind? that would be a "no way" for me. you're one tough cheetah!!!

i just finished yoga for happiness to get my day started. i plan on doing CCPP on the EXT since i ran yesterday. i'm not sure what else i'll do.

Afternoon!

The party ds was going to last night wasn't last night. UGH! It's next Friday. Oh well, I still got in my e cises for my neck and ab work. I tried out Core Synergistics. Oh my!!! I am humbled. The only problem is I got to 30 minutes and got this excruciating headache. Not sure what that was all about. So, it was a good time to quit. LOL! I didn't eat my normal 6 mini meals y-day, so guessing that was the problem? I woke up starving!

Today, I did 4DKbox (no c/d) and KPC (no w/u). That was about 55 minutes. I quickly switched the DVD to L&G standing premix. I did all the standing w/o ankle weights, then neck e cises. The cardio and legs had me at about 550 calories burned! :)

I have a few things to do around here, but I'll come back for personals in a bit! :)

Have a great day everyone!

sprty cheetah reporting my workout! i did CCPp on the EXT then tagged on CC2 because i was feeling the need for a good sweatfest. i sure got one and that need has definitely passed.

now, i am going to go and TRY to get some actual work done. *sigh*

Hey Gals.

I just finished my work out...Upper+ and Abs/Core+=DONE!

Now I have to jump in the shower and get ready to meet my step sister and step mom for an early dinner with DS. I am hoping to have the strength not to eat THE WORST thing on the menu!:p :7 }(

BBL!:)

Quick note to say that I did the Extreme Kettlebell Workout and LOVED it! It's pretty fast paced and you do need to know form before you do it, but it's fun. It used one kettlebell and I did alternate between the 15 and 20 but it will take a while before I go above those weights with this one! The guy looks like a friend of mine. :p I followed it with the first two combos of HLD. Now I'm pretty thoroughly worked out!

Off to lunch with DH. It's getting dark and ominous out there.

Hi Girls,

No time for personnals right now b/c I have to hit the shower and make supper. I just wanted to report my workout. I will catch up when I get to work.

Todays run looked like this:
Mile 1
.25@ 5.7 (incline 1%)
.25@ 5.8
.25@ 5.9
.25@ 6.0
Mile 2
.25@ 6.0 (incline 2%)
.25@ 6.1
.25@ 6.2
.25@ 6.3
Mile 3
.25@ 6.3 (incline 3%)
.25@ 6.4
.25@ 6.5
.25@ 6.6
Mile 4
.10@ 6.0 (incline 1%)
.10@ 6.1
.10@ 6.1 (2%)
.10@ 6.2
.10@ 6.2 (3%)
.10@ 6.3
.10@ 6.3 (4%)
.10@ 6.4
.10@ 6,4 (5%)
.10@ 6.5
Mile 5
.20@ 7.0 (2%)
.20@ 7.1
.20@ 7.3
.20@ 7.4
.5@ 7.5
.5@ 7.4
.5@ 7.3
.5@ 7.2

Then I did 4DSBC and KB and KB abs! Gotta get cleaned up!
Lori

:)

Hi Again!

Judy ~ Glad all is well there. I forgot you were going out of town again. Bummer about the hotel, but like you said it was your recovery week. Guess running/walking outside is not an option. :( The stairs are in a forest preserve. it's pretty secluded. I know I shouldn't have stayed by myself, but it was only 10 minutes. Usually my friends and I leave at the same time. Way to go for DS's win!!!

Lori ~ You are really logging some good miles!

Christine ~ You're enabling me!! LOL! I think that's why I only do Iron Core once a week because of the pace. I like it because it's different, but sometimes want to pull my hair out because of those breaks. Where does one get this Extreme Workout. hee hee! }( Actually I don't use the squat rack. I go much lighter for legs and seems to work well for me. I have a FB account too. We should get a Cheetah thang happening there! :)

Wendy ~ Have fun with you mil and lunch! Where are you going?

Lorie ~ Way to go on your workout! Good luck w/your work.

Carole ~ Glad your run was pain free! Yes, I just set one up too (FB acct). I'll PM you, although I don't know how much I'll get there. :)

Jackie ~ What color granite did you pick out? We have tropical brown in the kitchen. We went with a black (I forgot the name.) for the downstairs bar area. Glad you're on the mend! :)

Sunny ~ Anxiously awaiting reviews!!! ;-) Is that AOS?

Cathy ~ I know, I thought about STS and the squat rack. Thanks for advice about the Nordic Track. ha ha Love that emoticon!!! Cute!

Hi to Shelly, Kristi, Wendi, Posh, Linda and any other Cheetahs!

Have a great night!

Christine** Hope you don't get that nasty storm, unless you want it of course}( Sometimes its nice to be housebound but that just beens we have to wait longer for everything to melt! Although....you are in CA so I doubt that you are getting snow!

Lorie** Good job on the workout!

Jackie** Hope you enjoy your new workout.I was never a Denise fan.

Carole** I have a FB account already. been on there since last yr sometime. It is quit addictive but I dont get on there very much anymore. You can find me, search for Lori Ann Hart.

Dallas** I kind of wanted to do a long run again today but I knew I shouldn't. I will have to save it for next week.It will probably have to be Tues or Fri though b/c I am working Wed and Thurs;(

Wendy** Sounds like you have a interesting night planned! Have fun! Do you keep in contact with Kali anymore? I wonder how she is? She just kinda comes and goes.

Chat with you all in the morning !
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.