CHEETAHS...HUMP DAY WEDNESDAY

lederr

Cathlete
world's worst slacker cheetah reporting in!

i didn't even have time to make it back here yesterday.

to make it worse, i have an ALL DAY staff meeting today!x( x( x(

i need to go decide on a workout and then do it. AF is being a pain!x( x( x(

Good morning, Lorie, and all who follow!

Lorie :: hope it's quick one for ya today.

Judy :: Couldn't see the link.

Wendi :: Stepped on the scale today and can only say: MooOOoOOOo from me. :p :7

Today will be a rest day. I have to work late and then get packed tonight for VT. ESCAPE is on the horizon!! :7 :7 :7

Have a humpalicious day!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good morning ladies!

Just a quickie report from me...gotta jet! I didn't have enough "umph" to do HSC so I opted for BC/ME Bonus Combo instead. I needed something a bit easier as I was really dragging this morning and will have a long day at work plus I'm spending the evening with my DSO.

Cathy - Thanks for the laugh!!!! I'm right there with you....MooooOOOOoooOOOO! I hope you have a wonderful time in VT!

Lorie - I hope today's meeting goes smoothly and swiftly.

Judy - How much snow did you end up with?

TTFN!

I didn't get back toread yesterdays posts. I'll try to read and respond, but I have an early meeting for a charity event I am working on. Even my workout will be late today.

Her is Waldo :

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1296/4817615/19139542/306126801.jpg

and my workout room:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1296/4817615/19139542/306126799.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1296/4817615/19139542/306126796.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1296/4817615/19139542/306126795.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1296/4817615/19139542/306126792.jpg

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Morning Cheetahs!:)

Lorie: Hey slacker! :p Hope you survive the meeting today. Have a good work out!

Cathy: Yeah, I thought about the 10 min trainer thing and decided it's not worth it for me. I thought perhaps you'd like the idea since you can get busy on occasion and be VERY short on time for a work out. They also have the Great Body Gaurunteed Series which was my first ever BB purchase YEARS ago and some other 10 minute program so I actually don't understand why they made ANOTHER one. Perhaps it's supposed to be for the more advanced exerciser then the others? Who knows. Anyway, when I bought Great Body Gaurunteed I was just starting my exercise program and I tried to do 2 of the work outs (about 10 mins each) back to back and had to lay down in the middle of the second one because I felt dizzy, nauseaus and like I was going to pass out!:eek: It's amazing what the body can be trained to do if you stick with it!}( I hope the timesaver rotation works for you. Skiing will be a good way to kickstart a new rotation! I hope you have a great time this weekend!!!!

Wendi: I would have LOVED to meet you and have you join me for the 10 miler but if you can't swing it, I understand. We are still supposed to meet for a race in June though, remember? It doesn't have to be an HM. It could be a 5k for all I care but we really should do it!! :)

Judy: Your work out room is AMAZING and Waldo is adorable!:)

After work today I have Total Body+ on tap. I'm in the mood to do a TJ cardio but I will be good and stick with the plan. Cardio is on tap for tmrw so I will be patient and wait. :p

Okay, I guess that's all for now...BBL!

Hey Shelly!

I don't know if you've checked the tracking on your TJ workouts lately but you might want to contact UPS! I just checked to see if you'd gotten them yet and UPS is saying that the pkg is not deliverable as addressed. They are going to keep it for 5 biz days to see if they can get a correct addy on it! I'd hate to see it sent back to BB on ya so get in touch with them!

Happy Hump Day Cheetahs!

I’m feeling much better this morning! I’ve been doing well on my eating, and when my alarm went off, I did want to stay in bed, but because it was so warm and comfy, not because I was so exhausted. Today is some kind of cardio. I’m still not sure what yet. I really need to get my flat fixed! I could go for a Spinervals! Oh well…

Wendy – How can I possibly help you stop buying, when I cannot seem to be able to? Think of it as a good addiction. Although DH who does the same few things every day at the gym does wonder why I need so many videos. :+

Jackie – I seem to be over whatever was dragging me down. Glad you got caught up yesterday! That’s always a nice feeling.

Carole – how was the massage? Glad you had no hip pain on your run, but wow – if it’s kicked your butt! Sounds the leg work is working, though!

Dallas – Did DH agree with the Squat rack staying? I think I fought my way through being sick. Usually if I’m eating well and exercising I fight colds that way. Extreme KB is by Keith Webber. He’s a blond surfer dude type (looks like a friend of mine, actually). I cannot wait to see the photos of JBJ!

Cathy – I was in bed by 8:30 last night. I must have needed it! It felt great! Hope you enjoyed your rest night! You had me laughing about the “Moo-in-the-mirror”. Did you ever notice that you can look in the mirror and think you’re looking pretty good, then you get on the scale and your whole day is shot? I hate that. HAVE FUN PACKING!!!! So exciting!

Wendi – this group is great, isn’t it? Very uplifting and the only thing catty about this group is the name! I *heart* the Cheetahs! I’m so happy that you have the best SO – it makes life so much nicer! I think self doubt will creep up – and in Cathy’s memorable words – The “Moo-in-the-Mirror” will show up (I love that phrase). We just need to understand that and accept it instead of obsessing over it. Just tell yourself how lucky you are (I know – easier said than done!). Have fun with SO today!

Lorie – you must be crazy busy at work right now! Oh, man, an ALL DAY staff meeting? I feel for you girlfriend! Hope it goes by quickly and the food they serve is not too bad.

Judy – Awww – Waldo is a cutie!!! I love black and white kitties! Nice workout room, too! Thanks for sharing!

As I have to run Jimmy to doggie daycare today (the spoiled mutt), I need to get the ole tail in gear. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy – Your cat is so adorable. What an awesome workout room! I’m jealous. :) Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cathy – Enjoy VT. I love your description MooOOOoo… I’m right there with you girl :)

Shelly – I took your advice and called my son’s pediatrician Friday afternoon instead of waiting til Monday since DS was still in so much pain. The pediatrician prescribed Phenergan and it is somewhat working. DS now has “manageable” pain. What I mean by that is he can now play and function like normal even though his stomach still hurts right at the belly button, but not as bad. The doctor wants him to stay on this medication for a week and if he is not better after that then he will do more tests.

On a personal note, I have my first race of three in March on Saturday morning. I’m not even the least bit excited. It is only a 5K so I’m not worried about the distance. However the race on the 15th is a 10K and then the 29th is a 10 miler. For some reason my heart is not into the races. My long run right now is 8 miles so I’m getting in some miles. My heart wants to do some Bosu workouts, heavy strength training, a few itread runs a week, and some kickboxing. This thinking won’t get me prepared for my HM the end of April. Maybe once I have ran the race on Saturday I will be more excited for the upcoming races. Has anyone else experienced this?

WAVES to all my Cheetah friends! I’ll make it back here later to catch up with everyone.

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie..sorry about the all day staff meeting. I hope you can get in a good workout.

Cathy...I completely enjoyed the massage...sounds like s good EXT workout yesterday. Enjoy your rest day. How many days is your Vermont getaway for?

Dallas...I hope to get STS before X-mas!! Although not sure yet where those 37 DVD's will go! The massage was wonderful..

Wendy...the hummus and crackers does sound yummy. I was so wiped out from my run that I skipped the upper body work yesterday so my workout didn't take very long. My massage therapist moved into a new place all her own and is having a special for massages thru March, $45 instead of $60, works for me...:)..enjoy your total body workout.

Wendi...the massage was for sure needed and felt great. A circuit workout always sounds fun to me! Way to go with the BC/ME combo.

Judy...Love the Waldo pic!! And your workout room is lovely!! Thanks for sharing...:)

Christine...the massage was great. It was weird about the run yesterday...I probably won't have time for legs this morning so hopefully my run tomorrow will be better. I did weigh yesterday and I had not gained any weight which shocked me! I would still like to drop about 10 lbs...

Kristi..I hope this medication helps your ds...I am usually excited about upcoming races when I have them. Maybe you will feel better after the 5K.

The massage was about 75 min instead of 60. She spent more time on my hip/outer thigh and it feels wonderful now. She thought I might be sore today for the deep muscle massage but I am not...I scheduled another one for 4 weeks and I need to keep going every 4 weeks.

Today will be 4DS Bi' & Tri's and I am thinking maybe Imax2 for cardio...

Have a great day...:)

Morning!

My plan was P90X -S&A and the stairs, however, I overslept and have dd home w/pink eye.:( Plans are always changing around here...I'll still get in the weights, but have to change up the cardio. I'm surprised my legs are fine. Wonder if it'll hit later???

Carole ~ That's an awesome picture! I PM'd you the other day.

Kristi ~ Maybe Sat's race will get you back into the race mindset? Awww, your poor DS. :(

Christine ~ I think I convinced him. :) A surfer dude!??! Does he say, "DUDE!" a lot? LOL! Glad you're feeling better.

Wendy ~ Have fun with your workouts! Yes, first P90X rotation ever. I had to mentally prepare myself. :)

Judy ~ Your work out room is so warm and inviting. I'd hang out there all day! ;-) You're making me want to change the paint in mine now. Love the flat screen too! Waldo is adorable! :)

Wendi ~ I don't know how you work when you're so tired. I may have to convince the kids to take a nap with me at some point. ;-)

Cathy ~ See...that's why I avoid the scale as much as possible. hee hee! However, the clothes always let you know. You leave tomorrow? Will we **see** you? Have a wonderful time. You deserve the break! :)

Lorie ~ Hope the meeting is painless. Hang in there.

Hi to the rest of the CHeetahs!

Gotta get ds ready for preschool.

Good morning Cheetahs!

I just looked out my window and I can't believe it's snowing. Don't know if it will stick but it's pretty coming down.

Carole - Sorry the run was tough yesterday. I've been trying to change my leg workouts up so that I'm not running a hard run the next day. Are the legs feeling better? Glad the massage went well. Nice bargain on the massages too. Enjoy your workout. What a beautiful sunset. Thanks for sharing.

Dallas - Did DH agree about the ellipitcal and squat rack fitting in your room? Oh, no! I only did the pull ups from P90X L&B. :) Don't think I could handle both B&G and L&G. Probably couldn't walk for days. Sorry DD has pink eye. Hope you can get a workout in.

Wendy - I tried to like hummus but I just can't. Glad it makes a nice snack for you. Glad the crud is gone. I take a multi, Vitamin C and use EmergenC. Every little bit helps. Thanks for the input on Tony's 10 minute workouts. Enjoy your workout.

Cathy - I have yet to try that 30 degree incline on the elliptical. Glad your brain got a break last night. Enjoy your rest day. A nice retreat coming up, huh? Sounds so nice and you so deserve a getaway. Have fun!

Wendi - Thanks for the group hug. Just fit your workouts in when you can. So glad to hear the lumps are gone. Know that's a relief. UTI is gone but I'm fighting the stomach bacteria now. It's getting better. I've been able to eat a little more variety of foods. Next week, I should be as good as new.

Judy - Couldn't see the pic of Waldo.

Lorie - Hope the meetings aren't too bad. Feel better.

Judy - Love the pic of Waldo and your workout room. He's a handsome fellow. Can you tell me how high and wide your mirror is? My workout room will be some kind of pumkiny peachy color.

Christine - Glad you're feeling better. So what's keeping you from getting that flat fixed girl? :) Jimmie is living the life. Enjoy your workout today.

Kristi - Glad DS is feeling a little better. I know how he feels with a tummy ache. Hope the race on Saturday gets you excited about your HM.

I did P90X S&A. Nice workout. Have some DOMS from Butts & Guts. Heat is not working in the building today and I'm a popsicle. It was only about 25 degrees when I left home.

Happy Hump Day!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! Thanks to all of you for your encouraging and supportive words in response to yet another rant about my job.
I'm feeling better today and ready to face it again tonight:) DH and I found a property for sale in PA yesterday that really caught our attention, so much so that depending on what else we can learn about it today DH may make a special trip to see it soon. Had a great time yesterday with my circuit workouts and ready for a nice run today.

SunnyD- Wow, that's fantastic that you have yet another job offer:eek: :eek: This one sounds pretty darn impressive... when would you start and would it be full time? I am eyeing a few places in PA where I'd like to work but am waiting until I know for sure when we will leave and where specifically we'll live. Being able to find a job is the least of my worries actually!

Christine- Thank you so much for your kind words yesterday! You never fail to make me feel better. Your ASCII mish mosh yesterday did sound like fun. I'm resisting getting into the kettleball thing until after I relocate. I would imagine you are getting some serious Spinervals withdrawals by now!

Wendy- Thanks for the heads up re: my BB workouts... I was going to check on that as I was afraid there was a problem. This frequently happens to me as the USPS does not deliver to my home physical address. I could have sworn they said they use UPSx( Well, anyway, I'll go try to straighten it out when I'm done here.
Thanks for the link to the 18 mile race. If this is done on an annual basis they always use the same weekend # in the month.
Last year the 7th was the first Sunday of Oct so I think you can bet that this year the race will be Oct. 5th. I sure hope that isn't the weekend you already had plans for!

Jackie- Poor cold cheetah! I hope they get the heat back on soon!
When will your house get done anyway?

Carole- A leg workout the evening before and the next day right before a run:eek: No wonder your legs felt like lead! Glad the massage helped. Have fun with the Bi/Tri workout and IMAX2.

Dallas- So you decided on an EXT!!! Glad you could find a way to make it fit... have you picked one out yet? Hope your poor little DD's pink eye clears up fast.

Wendi - Hey, Oct is a long way off and I have no doubt you'll have no problem at all with doing 18 miles. I sure hope it can work out for you... would LOVE to run a race with the fabulous Wendy(i)s. :7

Lorie- Yikes... an all day meeting. That's my idea of what hell must be like;-) You'll be in need of a good stress relieving workout!

Cathy- Oh how nice that you have a trip coming up for the weekend!!!
I bet you are counting the minutes!

Judy- LOVE the Waldo pic!!!! What a handsome kitty... he sure does look at home now! WOW,, your workout room is so TIDY:eek:

Kristi- Thanks for the update on your DS and I'm glad to hear that the Phenergan is so far doing the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is after all only a bad gastroenteritis. I bet once you do that 5k you'll get all fired up for more races!

Time to get moving here... lots to do before I nap before work.
I'll be doing Itread 60 min Run intervals and then ASCI.
Take care y'all!

ShellyC

Top O’ the mornin’!

Thank you all for the kind, supportive words the other day after my pity party about my crappy luck lately. I called the service advisor first thing Monday and he was sort of snarky with me and just left me hanging with “I’ll call you when we know something”..blah, blah. What an a$$ considering I was nearly in an accident due to their negligent service. Well the best news is after waiting to hear from them over 3 hours and needing to go to work at my new position, DH gladly took over talking to the service advisor about my Yukon. Oh yes, then I got some action. First story was they were going to try to “rebuild” the rear end of the vehicle but after surveying the damage, the entire rear must be replaced(axle, housing, bearings, bushings etc.) DH also made them rent me a car which I had to pick up yesterday am before work….:) Anyhoo, the new position is going great, lot’s to learn and much busier, but I’m going to like it there. I am now going to try a few short personals and then get in Itread 27 drills and some ab work before it’s time to shower up and go to work. Thanks again for all your kindness and support – as I always say, you Cheetahs are the bestesteesstesss friends a girl could have!

Lorie – Yuck, all day staff meeting with AF….((((Hugs)))…I’d probably have trouble staying awake!

Cathy – LOL – After the last week, I’m feeling pretty mmmooooooommoolicious as well…Have fun on your escape!!

Wendi- Have a wonderful evening with SO – I know what you mean, my DH is a keeper too!

Judy –Waldo is very cute and looks like he’s come to like his new life from being a stray – he’s definitely “livin’ large”…lol. WOWWOOWW!! Your workout room is nicer than the local gym! Thanks for sharing your photos…

Wendy lou – I must have missed something...when is your 10-miler?

Christine – LOL about ya’ll talking about impulsive shopping….isn’t now the best time to buy and get deliveries though while DH is out of the country? LOL Me thinks my DH has recently come into my “garage” and pondered why I do have so many DVD’s…lol. My sis takes her dogs to a doggie day camp, Camp Bow-wow, and they do great there. Mostly when DS and DBL go out of town or to Europe they leave the dogs there and can actually check on them via a webcam to the dog camp…sheesh..

Kristi – Awe, I hope DS is feeling better…Yes, I think after running your 5K and then the 10K 2 weeks later you’ll be motivated. But I think incorporating BOSU work and Itreads a couple times a week will only help your training. Good Luck Saturday!

Carole – wow, you must have had a massage, glad you enjoyed it. I can’t wait til Saturday because I get a FREE one for my birthday! Yay… and boy do I need a massage after all the stress lately – have to get my shoulders out of my ears! lol Nice photo, by the way…

Dallas – Yikes, I remember the pink-eye days, hope DD feels better. Yeah, plans do get changed a lot when the kiddies are little. I used to hate when I would travel an hour and a half in rush hour traffic (I used to commute 50 miles to work when they were younger) only to arrive to a message “the day care called”….I tell ya, I was tempted a few times to act like “what daycare? I don’t have any kids”….lol.

Jackie – Yay snow, do you get a snow day? lol….Ooohh, pumpkiny peach sounds like a divine color for the workout room. I have Coral Gables waiting for me to open and apply to the walls of my workout room. Just need a round tuit day…lol.

Shelly – My friend is an ER nurse and the same thing happens to her right after she’s worked like a dog for days, they’re calling first thing of her day off to see if she can come in. You really must have it tougher though being the charge nurse…Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Woah, where does the time go when posting? Gotta get to that run now! Have a great day, ladies!

Thomasina

quickie post for me today. i am doing abplusX and plyoX.

shelly- it would be part time on a contractual basis. all of my pt jobs are adding up to full-time employment. i love it, it helps with my adult ADD:7

cathy- thanks for your linked i picked up my wii system today!!:7

>cathy- thanks for your linked i picked up my wii system
>today!!:7

*stomps feet on ground in tantrum style*

NO FAIR! We've been lookin' for a Wii for over a month now and have yet to find one!!!!!!x( x( x(

Shelly: Your BB shipment was definately shipped UPS so I don't know what the issue is but glad you are going to check it out! I checked my calander and if you are right about when the 18 miler will take place then I have no plans that weekend so I marked it down already!!! :+ :+ :+

Christine: My DH can't even stick to an exercise program of the simplest kind so he is not allowed to utter a word about my (healthy) addiction to fitness products! :p Hope Jimmy is having a blast at daycare today!:) I could have stayed in bed this morning too...

Kristi: I am no stranger to lacking motivation to race. The same exact thing happened to me last year so I hadn't entered any races until Shelley came to the area for a visit in June and was running 2 races in NJ. Well, I HAD to meet her so that meant getting my tail in gear and running one of them. As it turns out Cathy went as well so I got to meet both wonderful ladies and had a blast! That was exactly the motivation I needed and now the racing bug is biting harder then ever!}( Anyway, doing the 5k first is a great way to start off and hopefully it will help to get you motivated. Can you find someone to do it with you? That always helps me if I'm not feeling completely up for it.

Carole: Yup, just as I suspected...the massages are cheaper then the meds! LOL That's a great deal your therapist has going. Good for you! Sorry your run wore you out too much to finish your work out. That's okay though. The important thing is that you did something. We all have days like that. :) Gorgeous pic!

Dallas: Plyo always burns like hell when I do it but I really don't get DOMS from it either. Sorry your DD has pink eye. I hope she's not driving mommy TOO crazy!;) So what's your alternate cardio plan?

Jackie: No heat!?! YIKES! I hope you get to go home and warm up soon or perhaps they will let you out early. Isn't it illegal to keep you there if it gets below a certain temp in the building??? I used to take vitamins but got very lazy about it. I need to get back to it as I believe they made a big difference.

Posh: Glad DH was able to put a fire under Mr. Serviceman's @$$ to get your vehicle fixed!!! I can't believe they didn't offer you a rental car from the get-go! They screwed up for goodness sake! Jeesh!!!!x( Oh I'm so happy to hear that you are liking your new job! Good luck with it! I am running a local 10 mile race on Sunday March 30th and then am planning on signing up for my first 18 miler in October of this year! YIKES! I figure it's a good next step after the HM to prepare for a full mary!}( Our beloved Shelly is planning to run it with me. I'm very excited about it!

Sunny: I am very jealous of your wii!!!!!

Just back from the doctor. UGH...three hours later! Only for her to tell me that it's pink eye. **rolling eyes**. I did manage to get P90X - S&A before taking DD to the doctor. At this point, I'll wait for dh to get home before I head downstairs for cardio and ARX. I'll do an iTread. I can probably do the stairs on Friday. Today would have been prefect though. My other son will be home from school. I like to get his homework out of the way early.

Wendy ~ I forgot to tell you that I absolutely love hummus. It doesn't taste all that great on gluten free crackers though. No, DD is my good one. ;-) The boys, now that's another story. :+ They're really not bad, they're just acting like, well, boys! ;-) I'm so glad I didn't get DOMS, but was thinking my stairs workout was going to hindered. Welp, didn't get to do that anyway. :(

Posh ~ Glad you're getting somewhere with your car. Too funny about the daycare story, "What kids?" :7

Shelly ~ I'll have to go test them out..when? I don't know??? Have fun on your run! How exciting about the property! Keep us posted. :)

Jackie ~ We did the same upper body work. I liked it too. Is this your first go around with the X? Have you thawed out there? I can't believe they are making you work with no heat?!?!? :eek: Hey, you could take jumping jack breaks! ;-) That'll warm you up!

Sunny ~ What are you up to today?

Oops, almost bus time....bbl

My work out is DONE! I decided to add Ab Jam on to my work out so I did that in it's entirety (both standing and floor segments) before moving on to TB+. I'm quite tired now. ;)

My mid-section is fried and is sure to be talkin' to me tomorrow. I wonder what other body parts will join in on the discussion!? }( :7

Dallas: Just drown the icky crackers in hummus and you won't even taste them...as a matter of fact...who needs the crackers at all? You own a spoon, right!?!?! }( :7 }( :7 :9 :9 :9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.