::: CHEETAHS ::: ho, ho hope your Friday's fab!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Happy Friday, my cheetah friends! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/kulsmiley1.gif

http://www.millan.net/millanextra/holidays/christmas/holidayhug.gif

Lori :: that’s great that you only need to be on call for the holidays.

Shelly :: All things considered, missing 2 out of 6 workouts during a week like this isn’t bad. I’ll take it! :)…Oh, that hamster feeling was related to all things non-exercise related. I *finally* caught up last night, though, so I’m good…Glad you get to enjoy a nice stretch off now. Ahhh!

Judy :: hope you are feeling better and get that bug out of your system by Christmas.

Wendi :: sorry about the blisters. :(

Christine :: oh yeah! I am pumped for Colo! OK, so I wasn’t alone on the hamster-in-the-wheel feeling, eh? :) I’m in a good spot now…Zen vacation mode has settled in. Chuckling about DH's fear of VS. You two are so funny!

Wendy :: great workout! I need to try that premix. I’m guessing I’ll love it as much as the u/b premixes. Oh, those plie squats on the 4DS really get me. How's Joey's cough today?

Carole :: ha! If you joined my extended clan’s gathering, you might feel like you are at home. Remember how I told you how much razzing one of my cousins received for going vegetarian? He had the last laugh a few weeks ago when he threw a surprise 60th for his dad and secretly served everyone veggie meatballs…love the Grinch smiley! Keep ‘em comin’!

Jackie :: I tried the orange flavor sports beans (I think the brand is Jelly Belly)…not bad. I have the same problem of staying awake. Going to bed at 10:30-11:00 on Wednesday night is just too late for me if I’m waking up at 4 am. I need 7-8 hours to be a happy camper. How was lunch yesterday with the boss man? Where did you go?

Lorie :: ooh, sweet schedule…We are done today (1/2 day) and return to school on the 2nd.
Glad you are feeling better…OK, where is that silly putty hammer? XDF/BF needs a good wallop. I understand the disappointment. It’s nice not to have to play Santa to yourself.

Thomasina :: how very sweet of DH on both counts! Enjoy your share of the bonus!!!…I did plow through the grading, thankfully. Sometimes I get a little backed up with it. I absolutely LOST IT when I read your post to Shelly. http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_LOL.gif New rule: you’re never allowed to take a break from the cheetah thread again. You’re keepin’ me in stitches here.

Hey Sunny and Kristi!

I worked nonstop like a madwoman yesterday and happily banged out all I needed to do…It was nearly 6:30 when I got home…I ate a quick dinner, curled up with a tabloid, and called it a night. Fell asleep way early!

Today, we have a half day today followed by a staff party at a local restaurant…Originally, I thought I’d hang for a bit, but the new plan is not to stay too long. After two back-to-back rest days, I'm feelin' good and definitely want to work out tonight! I'll need to re-examine this week's rotation and see how best to handle the remaining days of the week.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy-sounds like you needed those two rest days and now you are ready and roaring to go! so what'cha goin' to do}(

shelly- yes, my visitors are coming in for ds#1's birthday (tomorrow) and staying for christmas!!

thomasina- what an awesome dh you have!!

wendy- i received your card yesterday, thanks. i wish i were able to chat a little more also, just so hard to find the time.

well gang tomorrow is my ds#1's 7th birthday. we are having a little get together with the family. he was my christmas gift 7 years ago, bought him home on christmas day:) :) :)

lorie- sooo sorry you will not get the fitness gifts you asked for. i know thats disheartening, when you are looking forward to something and it doesn't happen. maybe he will surprise you later.

today's plan is my tt workout and 20 mins on the ext.

have a great day to all of you wonderful ladies....

Friday is 'Fab' indeed for many reasons!

Cathy- Goos plan to make it a short party and get that workout in. Glad you got the grading completed.

Lorie- I wanted a BOSU too, but fitness equipment is just not something my family will buy for me. I may wait and see if I get gift money and buy one myself.

Carole- I believe each family has a few odd balls and we are no exception. MY DH just keeps quiet, but when he has had enough he starts cleaning up the party even if is still going strong.

OK I am hoping to get in a good steady run, although it is 21 degrees . I even had a small breakfast this morning for a change before I run.

TaTa

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

ok, decided to switch it up and instead of doing the EXT, i did the cardio portion from BBC's butts and legs...wooooweeeee is all i can say!!

cathy- thanks. enjoy your day off!!

judy- have fun running today. just make sure you bundle up...you are my hero running outside in 21 degrees, lol.

Judy!!!

http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/dgzDDEomBjsdbAv.gif[/img]

I hope you have one spectacular day...:)

Cathy – I’m SOOO TGIFing! I’m not Zen – more like I’m excited and ready to bounce off walls! I’m so happy that today is Friday and that I have 12 days off. And that my daddy is coming tonight! :+ Glad to hear you’re all caught up! Have fun today at the staff party and then your workout!

Sunny – Happy Birthday to your DS tomorrow! Too sweet about him being your Christmas gift! 15 years ago today I was big as a house, and hoping against hope that DD14 would be born. Her birthday is the 28th. Christmas babies are a joy!

Judy – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Typically my DH won’t get me fitness equipment either, but he mentioned the barbell. I haven’t seen anything that could look like a barbell though. Maybe he’ll take me to pick it out after Christmas.

Carole – I know I’m going to be responding to you immediately after I post this – so I figured I’d wave hello!! My family is nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake, too. Oh, I could just imagine if I went vegetarian and then tried to have Christmas dinner there. My aunts would think I was sick, and constantly be drilling me on WHY I would EVER think to do such a thing – except for the family “soothsayer” (she reads palms and strongly believes in horoscopes) who would think I’ve gone Indian and would try to make me curried sweet potatoes or something. So, I think families in general are a little weird… :p

I have no idea what I plan to do this morning. I guess I should peruse my videos. DH has claimed my iPod. I’ll be so happy when he gets his own for Christmas and I load all of the iTrains and Cardio Coaches on it – so he stops stealing mine! :p Happy Friday! TGIF! And there are 4 shopping days left until Christmas! :p

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I'd probably enjoy your family more than mine! Cool story about the vegetarian cousin. I might just take my Tofurkey down to my Mom's and eat with them and their...uh....yuk...Turkey!!!! Glad you got all your work done. I bet you were beat at 6:30. Enjoy your half day and I hope if you can, you will be able to squeeze in a workout.

Jackie...so did you have a nice lunch yesterday?

Sunny...so you all is visiting you for X-mas? Enjoy your TT workout and 20 mins on the EXT.

Judy...so what are your plans for your B-day? True there are always family oddballs (nice way to put it) we have some in BOTH families...have a fun, safe, brisk run...

Lorie...no, I don't have Classical stretch, are there a few to choose from? I have been doing all the stretches I know for that area...good job with the iTread and going 7 miles. Sorry about not getting those dumbbells for X-mas...men can be so darn clueless sometimes...

Christine...I am sure Amy's ASCII will be fun once you get the moves. I will try it again one day...:)..I have really enjoyed some of Amy's KBX premixes.

Tomasina...wow..HUGE smile after reading the homeless man's story and your DH's generosity! And he also left you $300 dollars in your car for yourself?...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/pray.gif[/img]...he is definitely a keeper!...:)...I guess if I hit the tanning booth I can dress as Moss...:D...but I prefer running backs myself. Shelly is pulling your leg as she IS fast...:)

Shelly...we have the same favorite movie...Ralphie!! LOVED the lamp..:D...Good luck finding your cold weather gear. Hey, did DH ever replace his belt buckle?

Kristi...good job on the workouts. So will you have company for X-mas? Glad to hear your neighbor is okay. It is amazing how some odors can affect us.

I am planning on a leg workout (maybe LL), abs and 30 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/santa4.gif[/img]

Christine...yes you are right and families are all kinda weird...but I might just force mine to deal with my vegetarianism....http://planetsmilies.net/13661.gif[/img]...a couple of glasses of Almond champagne could help...

Good morning cheetahs! I've been up since 0500 but forced myself to stay put in bed til 0600. Not that I can move very well anyway in bed. I usually have 2 cats and 2 dogs piled on top of me. Why they pile on me and not DH I have no clue! Anyway, at 0600 I got up and did BBC Chest&abs. I followed Jackie's lead and ran in place while Rich went into his lengthy tutorials. After I'm done chatting here I'll head downstairs for Shoulders and Back with that "oh so easy on the eyes" Joey ;-)

Judy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:+ :+ :+ :+ I hope you have an awesome day!
I'm thinking of you out there braving the cold for an 8 mile run!
I'll be following your lead and doing the same tomorrow morning. The temps should also be in the low 20s.

Cathy- A HUGE TGIF for you cheetahbabe! How long do you have off for Christmas break? It must be quite a relief to you to be caught up with all the work related stuff and I bet you are anxious to get in some good sweaty workouts! Have fun at the party.

SunnyD- Yikes, you sure will have a full house over the holidays!
I hope your extended family is tolerant about letting you get in your workouts.

Christine- You have a nice long stretch off!!! Have fun today with whatever you choose. I'll be needing to get another iPod myself pretty soon. Especially with the new downloadable Cathe workouts in the plans. I think we'll all end up with a separate workouts iPod soon!

Carole- Oh yes, the LAMP!!! Or as DH loves to put it... the MAJOR AWARD!! (he loves that part of the movie!) Re: his lost belt buckle--- a casualty of the NY NY roller coaster ride.... he was on line THAT NIGHT to order a new one ;-) Have a great leg day!

Kristi- Great to hear from you and you sound very busy ideed and also, like Sunny you are dealing with a crowded house!! Sounds like you are having a very fun time with your new workouts!

Okay, I think I'm about caught up. Wendy... where are you girl?
I'm going out with DH later to our local sporting goods store. I need a new stability ball. My kitty tore up my old one x( and will also get some good cold weather running wear. Later today I'll be having fun with ASCII- Christine inspired me.

ShellyC

Carole- Thanks for starting out my birthday wishes!

I did have a great cold (21 degrees) sunny run 8 miles.
and, my boys went to go buy me a BOSU at Dicks! DH kept asking me what I wanted and I kept telling him a BOSU . So he called from work and said send the boys to get it!

Now I need a quick bath and then it is haircut and hi-light time!

Thanks again!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning Cheetahs!

Kristi - Glad your friend is doing well. Enjoy the time with your family.

Cathy - Loved that story about your cousin serving vegetarian meatballs. I'll be getting that this Christmas too. "You don't eat meat"? "Then, what are you going to eat"? Believe me, I'll find something to eat. We went to a restaurant called the Spaghetti Store. Lunch was really nice. I had spinach linguini with clam sauce and a salad. Enjoy your Christmas vacation.

Sunny - Happy Birthday to your DS! Enjoy your workout!

Judy - Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! How was your run?

Christine - Enjoy your time off too and enjoy your dad. Really miss my dad this time of year.

Carole - Lunch was nice. I finally saw the tofurkey dinner at Wild Oats. Thought I was going to DBF this weekend and I'd give it a try. But, I won't make it this time. At least, I know where to find it.

I did BBC Arms & Abs and Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox. Barry fried my arms. Jillian was ok. But, I wouldn't run out and buy another one of her workouts based on this one. I have some nice DOMS going on from doing standing ab work with Joey yesterday.

Boss is on vacation and I have the office all to myself today. Have a fantabulous Friday!

Jackie

Shelly - You sneaked in there on me. Sounds like some cozy little bed fellas there with you. We'll teach Rich to talk so much. Wonder if anyone complained on the website about that. :) Enjoy your workout with Joey.

Judy - Great job on the 8 miles in the cold.

Jackie

Judy- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

shelly- oh no, i do not let them. i have my own workout room and visitors must stay out. unless of course they are working out with me. }( . my sister that still lives in nj is coming and she also is a personal trainer/fitness instructor so of course i can't wait for her to come!!!

carole- my sister, and several in-laws. i just love when the family comes together!!

christine- oh so we both have wonderful christmas gifts that we will cherish forever:D !! did you ever get a chance to check out the spinervals website?

jackie-thanks! gotta love barry for the hurtin' he puts on your arms, lol. enjoy your alone time in the office.

ttyl....:)

Ended up doing Amy’s A-Team Bootcamp. That’s a fun little workout – but she does take too long of breaks. My heart rate drops way down. But as I’ve been going pretty hard for the last few days, I wanted something a little lower key. It fit the bill.

Carole – I think you should force them. One would think they’d accept it by now, but sometimes families require a 2x4. :p Good luck!

Shelly – That’s a wonderful way to sleep! I love snuggling up to my doggies! Have fun drooling over Joey! I know what you mean about an iPod strictly for workouts (preferably the 80 GB one – so everything will fit!). I’m getting the iPhone, but I don’t think I want to overload that with all of Cathe’s downloadable workouts! :p Have fun shopping today! I cannot wait to be able to join you in ASCII! :p

Judy – YAY! Congrats on the BOSU!!! That will be fun! Enjoy your haircut and highlighting and good job on your 8 miles! Enjoy your day!

Jackie – I miss my mom a lot this time of the year. It’s extra nice that dad will be here. I’m very excited! I LOVE that standing ab work – it gets me every time!

Sunny – I got the Spinervals newsletter the other day and was drooling over the different workouts. How do you like the ones you have?

I guess I should actually work… Fun, fun! Enjoy everyone!

YEEEEeesssuuuh!!! Happy Friday!!

I’m at work for 4 hours then I’m outta here for 16 days!! Today will be busy with delivering my goodie boxes, etc, and after my massage I’m braving the stores and shopping crowds to knock out the rest of my list. Then when I get home tonight, I’ll finish the last bit of decoratemax and clean up so the house will be ready for the holiday. No workout for me today and last night I bailed on my weights because I had to finish up my baking and goodie boxes. Never fear though, as tomorrow morning I’ll have plenty of time to get in a total body weight workout and a beating from Grace….lol

First I must start off with …..MISS JUDY IS IN THE HOUSE !!!! Yay!! I hope you have a terrific birthday. "http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_122.gif" And I’m sooo stoked….(errr, sorry…hangin;’ with my teens too much…lol) um, I mean excited about your DH coordinating with DS’s to get that BOSU for you! You sure work hard and are very devoted to your family; you certainly deserve a BOSU!!

Cathy – LOL – I’m really not trying to be funny, I’m just a silly person! Very nutty. You should see how my kids’ friend’s cautious expressions look when they first are “around” me….My kids are immune to me and then say, “Oh, that’s just my mom, that’s just how she is”…I LOVE the meatball story! Generally I’m quiet and let the ignorant folks comment away on my veggie eating habits, but one year I did the meatball trick to a co-worker at our potluck. Yep, she was the one always saying stooopid things like, “ah juicy, bloody meat in here, guess YOU can’t eat it”…Soooo, one year I anonymously brought the veggie meatballs with a delicious sauce in a crock pot and all the idiots raved about them and wanted the recipe. I said ‘oh, those? They’re made from recycled car tires and aluminum cans ”…LOL…I like your rule and I don’t plan to take anymore breaks from the fantabulous cheetahs anytime soon! Besides, I need to wait around here for the next time a round of Cheetah shirts will be ordered and that could be quite a while I suspect..….hhhmmmmfff….

Shelly – Awe, I bet your DS7 loves to hear what a special Christmas gift he was. He’ll remember that forever. Enjoy your time with family!

Christine – I can relate to the “bouncing off the walls” feeling; I’m doing it too! Yee Haw I can’t wait to have the long stretch off from work and school responsibilities! LOL about the soothsayer and the curry sweet potatoes! Enjoy your time with your Papa!

Carole – LOL – Noooo, you get to be Brady! And yes, I felt the tugging on my leg; it’s just as I suspected about Shelly! Dang, I’m really gonna have to step up my training or get some shoes with those little roller skate wheels in em’…I mean keeping up with Shelly is like a double Grace workout I bet – I definitely have to dig deep to find my intention!!!….sheesh….lol

Shelly – Ok, now with you and Judy talking about running outside in the cold makes me want to drag out the cold weather clothes and get in an outdoor run. Only problem for me is that the cold can sometimes stir up the asthma. Funny about your kitty and the stability ball because if you bounce mine, my golden retriever tries to go after it and jump on it…Funniest dang thing when she tries to pounce it and bite it but obviously it is too big….She’s afraid of my step though…doesn’t like when I pick it up to move around…she takes off like I got out the vacuum or something….

Jackie - I get the same as you, “what are you going to eat?” And I say, “duh, can’t you tell from LOOKING at me that I have absolutely no problems finding something to eat and then some?” I’m too cautious to try other workouts than Cathe as I find I always go back to hers. I have Janis Saffel’s something and I never use it. I do like Stott Pilates though. I’m picking up at my post office today and should have that new BOSU workout for my BOSU’s first Christmas waiting ….

Hi Kristi from y’day! Glad to hear your friend/neighbor is alright. What a scare that must have been. Enjoy your family!

Hi to Wendy, Wendi, Lori and Lorie! LOL …and Susan (in cheekahgo) and Linda….

K, REALLY have to get this desk cleaned up and ready to be vacant 2 weeks! YIPPEE!

Have a wonderful day, Cheetahs!!

Thomasina

cathy-a hammer might be good, but not silly putty!!! yes, i am glad about the long break. i can definitely use it!!! i am glad you got everything done and hope you get time to get a workout in!

sunny-that is so sweet that you took your DS home on christmas. what a wonderful present!!!

judy-happy birthday, missy! you know i check that oal bday list we made!!! yeah, i am a bit disappointed about the bosu, but i can get one for myself with my christmas money. as for the weights, i can get those as well. maybe he will surprise me, but i can't imagine he'd have time now that he's home. great job on the 8 miles (especially in those temperatures!!!).

christine-i hope you can get your ipod back. i keep all my CCs and iTrains on CDs because i listen to them on a CD player in my basement. i do have the ouotdoor iTreads loaded on my ipod.

carole-i read about classical stretch from someone on this forum. i have the one that is classical stretch and athlete's intense stretch. i got it off of amazon. like i said, she is pretty quirky, but the stretches are really, really good. i especially like the extra 15 minutes of stretching after the athlete's stretch segment. i have heard that she has many other stretching DVDs.

shelly-yes, rick does talk quite a bit but i don't mind. i also do soemthing else while he is talking (like jumping jacks or running in place) and he is so nice to look at!!!

jackie-glad the boss is out and you are having a quiet day. BBC always fries me. i am about to start a BBC rotation, but after taking a week off because of being sick, i wanted to do light stuff this week. nadia is the one i'm not looking forward to!!!

today, i did ripped 1000 and 4DS LIS. it was a good workout and jari's weights are not that heavy so i think it was a good way to get back into weight lifting after a week. i am thinking about a run tomorrow but i will see what my mood is.

i hope you all are having a wonderful friday!!!

ETA:

thomasina-we must have been posting at the same time!!! how exciting that you will have 16 days off! yay! bravo to you for braving the shopping crowds. i have a feeling this weekend is going to be brutal at the malls. i have a couple of things i could get, but i'm not sure i want to deal with the crowds.

Hi Lorie!

Um, You should take back the "pink" boxes and then take the $$$ and get the dumbells and a BOSU ....just a thought...LOL

Have fun if you decide to deal with the crowds....an easy trick to use when stuffed like sardines in the mall and people walking every which way - Cover your mouth like you are going to throw up and say s'cuse me, s'cuse me and you're surely to get a clear path to the store of your choice...just another thought....

;)

thimasina! you are hilarious!!! i might have to try the throw-up-excuse-me gag! as for taking back the VS stuff, i would love to but since i took back a bunch of stuff he got me last year, it's a sore spot with him. i'll get the w/o stuff myself. x(

Hi Girls.

Busy day here. This morning I was doing wrapmax followed by last of the Christmas shoppingmax, then lunchmax and Joey's napmax and MORE wrapmax and then it was onto Ebay listingmax and soon it will be gym and foodshoppingmax!:7

I'll be back later on tonight with personals, etc.!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.