CHEETAHS: Have Yourself a Merry Little Workout

LauraR

Cathlete
I'm still getting caught up for personals, but I did my math and wanted to come back with my new run times.

I double checked with my girlfriend who had driven the running route, and since she had driven it from HER door, the route I ran was 300m short of a full 3 miles. So, at the pace I was going, my 3 mile time would've been 26:56, which is still good, but more believable for me, since the goal as just to push and not to run my fastest. That time is right at a 9 minute mile, which sounds right.

Anyway, maybe it's the perfectionist in me, but I wanted to set the record straight. I'm working on a post with personals now! :D

Cathy—Sorry about the ITB issues. But I’m glad that you are finding solutions: short runs plus ice and rolling. Sounds good. I just “discovered” foam rollers about a year ago and it has made all the difference for me with my IT band. I had had to stop running completely because of the way the IT band was pulling on my knee. But no more! (I do have to keep rolling consistently, though.) Hope yours begins feeling better.

I’m glad that you enjoy hearing about Africa. The “easy” answer to what I miss most is “friends and family,” of course. The more lengthy answer is that I miss the convenience that America offers for EVERYTHING. Nothing is simple here—it all involves a multi-step process. You don’t realize how much we’re in to instant everything in America until you go where thing aren’t that fast.

Christine—Your subscription to the veg magazine sounds great. I’m not Catholic, but I have friends who have still done some kind of dietary change for Lent. I think that’s another great way of being aware of how blessed we are and how much we take for granted! We have friends here in Uganda who are “vegetarian” but do eat fish. I have never understood that and have been too intimidated by these folks to ask—but I assumed that it meant the vegetarianism was for health reasons and not because of ethical reasons for not eating meat. Do you have any insight? :) Like I said, for me the less meat is for health and then “awareness.” Hope you’re feeling better. I agree that “medicine head” is better than exhaustion from lack of sleep. Good for you getting to LIC after that, too.

Carole—Welcome back. ITA that running in the sand is hard. We went to the Indian Ocean a few weeks back, and I ran the whole time we were there. You couldn’t beat it for scenery, but it was a real workout, especially if the tide was in and I had to run higher up on the beach where the sand is loose (and dry--yes, IA too that dry sand is harder to run in than wet). And in fact, the motion was so different that my normal running shoes actually blistered my toes because of how my feet moved in the shoes on the sand.

Dallas—LOL about the mixed up gifts. :D How great that your DH is interested in the meatless diet. Mine is interested in eating healthy and so is going along cautiously with the “less meat” plan. Most things from Vegan Planet he has really loved, but he wasn’t crazy about the Butternut Squash lasagna. As long as he feels free to tell me honestly then I feel free to keep trying new things. Thanks for asking about training. It’s fun to do some different kinds of runs—speed drills, tempo runs. I’m enjoying changing it up. Today is a rest day and tomorrow is another 6 mile “long” run.

Jackie—(((((Hugs))))) and prayers for you. We have friends here who had an attempted break in about 10 days ago. Christmas season here is really bad for theft. Anyway, they were fine and nothing was stolen, but their guard (everyone here has night guards) was severely beaten. People are just nuts. Glad that your BIL seems stable for the moment and we pray for quick and TOTAL recovery. Blessings!

Wendi—Hope you kick this crud completely. Good for you knowing when to say ‘no’ to a workout for healing’s sake. That’s hard to do sometimes!

Wendy—Your potential workout plan sounded impressive! Good job on the run. Did you do upper body, too? Thanks re: the run. I wasn’t quite that fast, turns out, but my time was still good. Now I have something to shoot for.

Linda—Imax 3 and THEN B&G? Wow, wow, wow. I mean, aren’t those both ranked in the 9s on the level of difficulty poll that someone did? Hats off to you, lady! (See below, but I'm trying to remember if you were the one who said that you enjoyed running new distances?)

Brighton—Thanks re: the garage sale. Yes, it did go well. We had some good stuff to sell, so I felt good about it—folks got good stuff, and we got rid of things we weren’t using. Good job on your tempo run. I’m a little nervous about running a tempo run that’s longer than 4 miles! Yikes. Good job knowing when to call it quits for your body.

Gloria—Thanks re: my food choices. It’s a new road for me and so I’m feeling my way. I LOVE hummus. We have a Lebanese friend here who makes the BEST hummus! LOL about your iron. That is SO not me. In fact, DH would occasionally go in to “fix” my ironing jobs because they weren’t up to snuff!
Shelly—How nice of you to pitch in to help someone else. Such a contrast to all the “meanness” stories that we’ve been sharing.

Hi, Posh, Karen, and Judy.

Today is a rest day before my long run tomorrow, which will once again be 6 miles. And, yes, I’m excited about the 8 next week as it will be a first. I’m sorry but I can’t remember who asked me that and couldn’t find it when I re-read the posts. Linda? Was it you? Anyway, yes, I’ll be excited for a new distance next week!

GOOD MORNING!

Wendy: I am nervous about the training, but I can do it. So can you! We can be each other's cheerleaders. ;) I do not like ironing, I just feel like a mess when my clothes aren't ironed. TG it is casual Friday. I am just thankful that she did not chew the cord to my TM, as it is in the same room as my iron. I would have gone batty if she did that! :eek:

Laura: Hummus is a favorite of mine too. I have a couple of good recipes for it. Enjoy your rest day and good luck with the 8 miler! :)

My hip flexor isn't hurting so I will work out today. In fact, within the next few minutes. Where does the morning go???

Have a fantabulous day everyone! :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!:D

Laura: Your 3 mile time is still awesome! You are gonna pull in a great time in the Half I'll bet. :) So if I may ask (w/o prying), and hopefully you did not answer this already, what brought you and DH to Uganda in the first place? If I had to take a guess I'd say it was a work-related move but that's a total assumption on my part which is based on absolutely nothing. LOL

Gloria: So you don't enjoy ironing but still do that much of it? Wow. I give you credit. I use my clothes dryer as my iron. :D The only time I iron is when we are getting dressed up because DH's dress shirt needs it. :p I am looking forward to not having to do my long runs alone since I am doing this with TNT and having a coach put together a training schedule for me based on my abilities and goals is gonna be awesome. This means that I don't have to think and that works for me. ;) I just hope the schedule allows for me to do an STS rotation. If I can't pull it off, I am prepared to put STS aside until after the race but I'm still hoping....

Today's work out is CTX upper body and B&G ab work. I didn't do it y'day and don't feel bad about it. I had pretty much figured I wouldn't want to tackle it after a 5 mile run and I was right. No biggie. :) Not sure if I'll get some done before work or not. It would be the wise thing to do but I am not always the wise one so we'll see...:p:D

BBL.

Last edited:
Good morning chickadees!

I only have time for a fly-by but, fingers crossed I may get a break in the action at some point today due to the monster storm heading our way.

No "traditional" workout for me today but I have many rounds of Shovel Max (about 1' coming our way) ahead of me and Hay Max so that will suffice.

I'm glad I skipped the workout yesterday before work. My lungs felt like they were on fire while I was riding yesterday:confused::eek:.

Hope to see you guys later!

Just popping in to say Hi to everyone and to say my workouts this week have been total crapola. I am honestly I think in a depressed state. Not clinically depressed just mopy don't give a crap. I have no gumpton to eat well or exercise. I feel like Oprah. I did all this hard work and now look at me. I mean I know why but still it ticks me off that I can't do better. I will however in the new year.

My mom is now in hospic care. I'm so glad I called them. They delived a bed, toliet, oxygen and wheelchair the other day. Mom is getting worse. She cries and then yells at me and dad all the time.. I don't even know why. I think she is living different time periods in her mind. She won't take her meds from dad so i have to give her everything. i don't know how much longer she will do that. Everday it's a fight and I have won to give her the meds but then she will cry and it kills me. She takes somthing now at night to help her sleep and it does helps for some hours but she hallucinates all the time so it keeps her up. She is also on liquid morphine which she hates. It seems I can't let my kids go down there as much either because she yells at them for things like going behind her tree or hiding behind the sofa when they are standing next to me. She sees things all the time. Last night I was down there giving her her meds and said I was going up for the eveing and she said " Aren't you going to go with your mother" Meaning my kids who were not there. Normally I say to her " They already left mom, You missed them which I did say but then she said. " Can't they talk for themselves. Where I said " She has a cold and will cough if she talks but I still didn't win because she then said " Well what about the other ones can't they speak and rolled her eyes at me. I apologized for the imagainary behavior but still it is so hard. Hospice care said it will get worse. Well, today is fresh so I hope she does bette. I can't tell you how hard this is. Somedays I'm a tough cookie and other days I feel like I'm going to crack. Dh is home now for the rest of the year to help me out so I'm so happy. He is a life saver.

Enjoy your workouts and pray for me and my family. We need it.

Jackie- I'm so sorry about your BIL it breaks my heart to hear such terrible things this time of the year.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Very true about Cali and the cold temps. It is a bit warmer today due to the cloud cover. We always hope for a bit of snow here as we don't get much. Most of the drivers though are idiots when it does snow, can you say "let's drive fast"! I sure wouldn't want the other nickname for your DH's friend either!! Enjoy CTX upper and B&G abs, I did those abs yesterday.

Laura...I agree that is still a good time for 3 miles. I think you need a Garmin...:)...I am not sure I could run in dry sand for a long time. I can see why you could get blisters because of the different motion. I bet the scenery was beautiful there. Getting in your 1st 8 miles next week will be cool...:)

Brighton...I feel just the same about SJ&P as you do. I might look for that movie in the store today if I get a chance. I did run, it was about 31 and spitting a bit of snow.

Jackie...Interesting about DBF loosing when he switched to 3 meals a day. I just wish my DH had a workout routine! Sounds like a fun way to do iTri reverse. Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Gloria...At least Roadkill was not my client! We have not seen her in years. Glad the hip flexor is not too sore today. I always get hungry when hummus is mentioned! Sounds like some tasty treats. Bad Pip!! So did you get a new iron? I iron most everyday before work too.

Karen...I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. I know getting hospice was a good move. My heart goes out to you for having to care for your Mom during this tough time. Don't even worry about the eating poorly, I am sure most of us would be doing the same thing in your shoes. I am glad to hear your DH is off for the rest of the year to help. Continued thoughts and prayers coming your way...

I did get in 6 miles yesterday and it was fun as it was spitting snow the last 3 miles. Did that most of the day but nothing really stuck. We really do need rain more and I think that is the forecast today. This is the 1st time I have run 6 days a week in years!! I will do some legwork from MM and a 5 mile tempo run.

Have a great day...
snowglobe1.gif

:D :D :D Happy Fridaaaaay, everyone!!!!!! :D :D :D

Oh, I am so happy the weekend is here. DH is taking the next two weeks off work, so I am thrilled to kick off the holidays a little early in our neck of the woods. :) Yesterday was kind of a bust as far as workouts go... Another blizzard hit, so we didn't get up to SLC... and workouts were overtaken by ShovelMax, FloorMax, VaccuumMax... etc. My Achilles tendon was bugging me a bit yesterday too, so maybe it's a good thing I only had a housecleaning workout. Going to do something light today-- I'm shooting for an 8 miler tomorrow (very long for me!) :eek:, so don't want to overdo.

Oh, and I can't remember who it was that asked (Jackie?) when I was officially starting the marathon training... but the short answer is that the "official" training starts the 29th of this month. Of course, everything I'm doing now is trying to prep me for that, but if we're being technical about it... ;) I'm following the FIRST training program-- which basically is 3 hard runs a week (speed, tempo, & long) with 2-3 hard crosstraining days added in. It's ideal for my situation as a triathlete, so I can still keep my base with swimming & cycling (and enjoy some tough Cathe workouts too!) as the triathlon season approaches. I have to tell you guys I'm really nervous about this training. I haven't done much distance running, and with how things have been for me lately, I'm a little a-skeered! So thanks for all your support & friendship-- I need it! :)

Wendy: I know you're right about the missed mileage Wed... sometimes it's just hard to get that through my skull. ;) Thanks for making me feel better about it. :) Oh, and I'm right there with ya on the ironing! If it can't be unwrinkled in the dryer, heaven help us all! :eek:

Gloria: LOL about North Dakota! :) Yeah, I'm sure it's a nice place, but holy coldness! Thanks re:blog... that's so nice of you. :eek: The veggies & hummus sound oh-so-yummy! :D LOL about the iron... although I'm so sorry it left you in a bind! And I hope that hip flexor feels better soon-- those things just seem to need a little TLC every now and then, don't they? Oh, and the tempo run. It's pretty much just a medium distance run that's at a "comfortably hard" (is there such a thing?) pace. The purpose is just to increase your lactate threshold so your speed improves. It's something I've always tried to do... but when I started reading up on the training lit I discovered there was actually a name for those hard runs! :) Anyway. Here's a link that's way more descriptive than I could possibly be. ;)
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-267--11909-0,00.html

Laura: Hey, 9:00 is still not a shabby run! :) I too love hearing about your experiences in Africa. ITA that we take instantaneous service waaaaaaay for granted here. LOL about your DH going along "cautiously" with the less-meat diet. That is my DH too. We usually go veggie a few times a week. Over the past year he has really changed his taste for food-- no longer craves the garbage greasy food like he used to, and now prefers (even craves! :) ) healthier fare... but is still a little skeptical when there's no meat to be found. He's usually a good sport, though. :)

Wendi: LOL about ShovelMax-- that was us yesterday! :) Nothing wrong with that as a workout!!!

Karen: {{{HUGS}}} Feeling like you're falling a little off the wagon is totally understandable. Right now you've just got to take care of you & your family-- doing whatever is best for you at the moment. I am so sorry to hear how difficult things are for your family-- it breaks my heart to read it. :( Still praying for you!!!

Carole: WTG on your snowy run! :) You are an inspiration! I avoid running in snow at all cost-- because I am not the most graceful person in the world... Snow + running = splat! :eek: I think it's something I need to get working on... or I may go crazy doing long runs on the treadmill! :eek:

Cathy: How did your dr. appt go this week? Missing you on the boards!

Smiles & waves to Posh, Linda, Shelly, Judy, Dallas & Jackie!!! :D

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Good run yesterday! You can handle those 5 miles runs 3x a week. It will get those legs ready to handle the grueling training. Can understand the up and down excitement about the marathon. Like I always say, I'd love to run one but I don't want to do the work. Have a good workout today.

Gloria - I thought I was the only fuzzy one around here. :D Nice to know I have company. Enjoy your Christmas vacation. Will you be visiting your mom? Sis said BIL was sitting up and talking yesterday and not complaining so much about pain. Thought that was a good sign. Hope the hip flexor is better. What a nice birthday treat for your Birthday Club person! Looks like you'll have to put Pip in time out. I just bought a steamer and hope to try it out this weekend. I hate ironing too but used a steamer and it was a breeze.

Laura - Like the title this morning! :D That's still a darn good time for the 3 miles! Thanks for the prayers for my BIL. Glad your friends are ok. I still think things will get worse before they get better with the economy the way it is. Enjoy your rest day and good luck with the 6 miles tomorrow. What is your goal time for the half?

Wendi - I saw snow will be a problem for a few areas today. Hope you don't have to do too much shoveling of that and hay both. Should be a good workout though. Hope you're feeling better.

Karen - I can understand how you feel. You have a lot on your mind. You'll get back on track. ((((HUGS)))) Glad you're getting some help with your mom. My dad went through the same thing but he was suffering from dementia and alzheimer's. He could be sweet one minute and mean the next. I feel blessed to have had him for 83 years but I don't miss seeing him suffer one bit. So glad you have DH there to help you through this rough time.

Carole - We don't do well with snow around here either. We see it so rarely. The day went by so fast yesterday and I didn't get near as much accomplished as I would like. I did get all gifts in the boxes. Now, I just need to get the wrapping done. Nice run yesterday in the snowflakes. Congratulations on getting in 6 runs in a week! Enjoy your legwork and run.

Brighton - Enjoy the time off with DH. Will you get a lot of honey do things done? Hope the achilles is better. Good luck with the 8 miles tomorrow. Your training plans look good. You will do great! Do you have some tris planned for next year too?

Today's workout was the Firms Super Body Sculpt. That one worked fine this morning because I needed to get to work early today. The wind was really high last night and woke me up about 2:30 this morning. Couldn't go back to sleep. Didn't know how the drive would be this morning. Supposed to turn cold again Sunday.

Gotta get back to work. Enjoy your day! TGIF!!

Good Morning All!

Linda – DH said that he slept too well the night before to know if I “entertained the neighborhood”, so that’s a good thing! It was obviously not too loud! What a workout you had the other day! IMax 3 AND B&G Wow! :eek:

Carole – do you have snow today? We have rain and it was not quite as cold, so the snow was not as low. Bummer. :p Rainy Christmas here. I know – I was thinking I’d be hungry all day, too, smelling garlic. :p I was cracking up about your comments of the drivers being idiots in the snow. Around here, they are idiots in the rain!!!

Laura – good job on the run! I think a lot of folks don’t equate fish with the same level of consciousness as mammals and birds. Not sure if I agree with that, but, to each his own. I can absolutely see what you mean about the convenience of things in the US. I’ve been to India and just getting a train ticket can be a challenge. :p

Brighton – Good job on the 4.5 miles! Always a good thing to listen to your body! Enjoy running your errands. I have a bunch today, too.

Jackie – I am sooo ready to send this cold out the door. It’s not bad now, just irritating, although I do not have my full energy level yet. It’s driving me batty. Hope you survived the waxing appointment! Yesterday sounded like a nice day to putz around the house. :)

Wendy – Wow! A run with the Kettlebell legs? Amazing. DH wasn’t too upset I lost my voice. :p It’s back, though, so that’s good. We don’t really get into the 20’s very often. Clyde would love it here!

Gloria – we’ll have to have a snore off sometime! :D I get the night sweats, too. I am looking forward to reading your student’s work. Oh, I love your idea of the “birthday club”. How sweet. I’ll bet they loved your hummus.

Wendi – Hope you’re feeling better and hope you get a break!

Karen – I’m glad you called hospice and I’m glad they have been able to help you out some. I cannot even imagine what you’re going through with your mom right now. Glad DH is such a life saver and is helping out so much. {{{HUGS}}}

I’m a bit late today. Had a lot to do this morning. Last day of work for a week! YEAH!!! I took today as a rest day because of all of that. But that’s okay. We have dinner out tonight, then a busy busy day tomorrow and my dad will be here on Sunday! I can’t wait to see him!

snowed In Friday !!!

What could be better? We are pretty much snowed in, although I made it to the club, to run on the TM with a yoga friend and then we had yoga class. DD17 joined us for yoga. She has a snow day. On the way up our driveway DD got her car stuck. We had to shovel and use boards, but we got the car in its rightful place.

Laura- you are able to run pretty fast in the heat! nice! I am enjoying learning about your lifestyle in Africa. I became a seafood eating vegetarian during lent of 2006 and have remained that way ever since. I attempted the vegan style and decided it was not for me. I like seafood and we stick to wild caught varieties only. I also really like lo-fat dairy foods, and good quality cheese for special occasions.

Wendy- LOL about the dryer being your iron. Our clothes get too wrinkled in the dryer because we never get them out promptly. This summer I began hanging our clothes to dry outside and loved how unwrinkled they were and how much our Gas & electric bill went down. Now with the furnace on it is so dry in the house that I continue to air dry our clothes. We are lucky to have room in our laundry area and DH's closet to hang loads of laundry at a time.

Wendi- If you get our weather system, you will get that foot of snow! We are getting it now. I just ran out to talk to our plow guy and they are pulling their trucks off the road because it is too dangerous out there now. The town plows cannot keep up with the rate of snow fall at this time. Any way shovel max and hay max will be more than enough workout. i can vouch for shovel max! I've done it once already today, and it won't be the last time.

Karen- I am continuing prayers for you and all of your family. I am so sorry you all have to endure this. TG your DH is able to be home at this time.

GTG now. I plan to get back on and finish personals . I need to get DS. he had lunch with friends after their early dismissal. I hope the roads are passable!

Last edited:
Afternoon Ladies!

We have a snow day today...thus the reason for the late post. We were just getting ready to step out the door when DH said, "WAIT!" Our friends texted us that we had no school. We were watching the news with the school closings. We never saw our school. hmmm Anyway, it was going to be a fun day for the kids being an early release and last day before break. Hats off to all you teachers of the youngins. Whew, y-day exhausted me. :eek:I was glad to sit down with the kids last night and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Sorry I didn't post...my brain was fried. LOL The class parties were so much fun though. :)

Judy ~ You're snowed in too? It's was more ice than anything, but the snow came later. Glad you were able to get to the gym for a run and yoga. :)

Christine ~ Enjoy your rest day. How fun your dad is coming. :) Did you finally kick the crud to the curb!?!

Jackie ~ I hope you get some sleep tonight. 2:30A?!?! The night before the wind was whipping around. :confused: Glad your bil is home. So, he won't need additional surgery? Continued prayers. ((HUGS)) WTG on keeping up with the runners on your iTread workout. :)

Brighton ~ Your training plan sounds great. It sounds like you're approaching it with an open mind. Oh, do I ever know about all those maxes taking the place of a workout.:confused: I've been trying so hard to stick with the early workout, so I know it gets done. However, that's been hard too. Oh well....it's this time of the year. I'm excited for Christmas. :) re: the smoothy I think my fil puts a "little" of "this" and a "little" of "that" in her smoothy. ;) *lol'd* about Posh being inside my computer. Maybe it was your blog? I forgot I had clicked on the link and minimized it to read later. :eek:

Carole ~ WTG on 6 days/week of running!!!! You give me hope that I'll be running in no time. It's getting frustrating. :confused: I think it's piriformis now. Interesting how it moved from the front to the back. :confused: I definitely feel it when I do anything lateral. UGH! Wow, 26 for Cali....brrr. Do you even own a winter coat?? ha ha

Karen ~ (((HUGS))) I'm so glad you called hospice. Don't be so hard on yourself about the eating...this is an incredibly hard time. We're all here for you. Continued prayers.

Wendi ~ I'm soooo glad you didn't work out too. How are you feeling today? Bundle up!!!

Gloria ~ You're funny! That's how I feel about not being ironed. I've been late because I won't go wrinkly! LOL Also, chipped nail polish bugs me...on me. So, I usually stick with clear. ;) Oh no, not you too re: the hip flexor. It sounds like you were able to workout again with no problem. Hope it stays away! So, what kind of discipline for Pip re: the iron cord?? LOL

Laura ~ Good luck with your up and coming 8 miler. :) Dh will always be honest when it comes to things I make...too honest. LOL I'm excited to get that cookbook now that he's embraced "meatless". :) *lol'd* about your accuracy. I'd do the same...that's why I love my Garmin except in heavily wooded areas. ;)

Wendy ~ *lol'd* about the KB cop. ;) well, I'm happy to get swinging with the bells. :) it will be a nice way to freshen up the workouts while I wait for STS. You'll grow into that 30 pounder. Nice job on your runs. You'll really enjoy running with TNT.

Linda ~ Thanks for the "Hug a Bunch" description. I bet you cherish her. :) Wow! You did Imax 3 and B&G in the same say!!?!? See, I was right..."legs of steel"!!! :)

Well, I think I forgot to post my workout the other day. It was the EXT, MM, and Amy's 10 min abs, and stretch. Y-day was a rest day due to all the parties and I was up w/dh the night before. He was sick now. He kept asking me to get things (Gatorade, water, banana, etc). When he asked for the banana my thought went to Mario Kart immediately...you know where you throw the fruit at the other driver!!! LOL Anyway, today was EXT, PUB (no abs), and Amy's Dome segment on HI/LO Dome. We're supposed to go to a Christmas party tonight. I'm not sure I want to go solo. Dh still isn't well. :(

Hi to Cathy, Posh (where are you two??!) & Shelly.

Have a great (rest of the) day!

Last edited:
Hola, cheetahs! And happy,
64.gif
to all!!

Things are good at my end, but it’s been another one of those weeks that’s gone by in a blur. Seems like there haven't been enough hours in the day to keep a good handle on the workouts, so I really look forward to things slowing down as of now. 'Cuz, you see, the GREAT news is, for the first time in a very long time, I don’t have “homework” to deal with this weekend. Sah-weet!!!!
th_big_smile.png
th_big_smile.png
th_big_smile.png

So onto personals…

JackieOh how awful, a cracked pelvis, too? I’m so sorry for what your BIL is going through, although it’s good the pain isn’t as excruciating as it sounds like it would be! It sure is a relief to know he will be OK. A steady stream of prayers & well wishes are being directed your way. Sounds like you got a lot done on your day off from work.

Christine*does a happy dance around the room with Christine who is now OFFICIALLY on vaca!*
th_1969.gif
…That was sweet of DH not to roll you over. :) Enjoy dinner out tonight! Where are you off to?

CaroleEasy Cheese is cheese in a can. :D LMBO about the phrase “rode hard and put away wet.” I am liking Firefox, too. LOVED your little elf guy. Ooh—a run in the snow? How fun! ^^^ 5’s on running a sixth day!! Thanks for the email...you are an absolute sweetheart!
Poshreceived your card today. Bwahahaha! Baggin' up over lil
th_f.gif
‘s face.

Dallasoh my gosh, your poor BIL. Strange to say, but I suppose he was “lucky” in that a few centimeters’ difference probably would have meant a much more tragic outcome. :confused: Still, it must be a difficult road for your sis & BIL…re: CM: OK, now you know you said that “out loud” with lots of cheetah witnesses!! ;) :D Yay!...I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to keep up with the KB emails. The only bells I have are GoFits, so I don’t know about the other brands’ handles.

Shellyhow did you fare in the storm?

Brighton I feel your Friday joy comin’ through!! YEAH! Here’s to early holiday celebrations!...One of my students is starting break early to head out to PC. So jealous!!...I had a derm appointment—nothing major. Thank you for asking...Your training plan looks great.

LindaI hear you, the cookies and gifts are trickling in. One student brought me a caramel & chocolate chip covered apple the other day, and I gobbled it up during my prep! The apple part of it was really delicious—the other stuff, a little TOO sweet. Easy Cheese is the cheese in a can. You know, the quality processed stuff. *lol* I hadn’t had it in about 4 years. Every once in a while, I get a hankerin’ for it. Man, Imax 3 & B&G sounds like a punishing!!! WTG on that!
th_wonderwoman.gif
<--Linda!

WendiGot a good chuckle at your “plain” typo the other day. Ut oh on the fire in the lungs. Sending lots of recuperative vibes your way!! Feel better! And I sure hope you can get some rest (really)!

WendyI did look up the song the other day. I can see why it would make folks weepy.
GloriaWOO-HOO!!! So, break officially starts for you today!!
th_vacation.gif
Awesome! I would ask when you go back, but who really wants to think about that??
th_big_smile.png
Oh yes, when you email Christine, would you email me, too, please?

Karen:( Poor dear. I’m glad you have hospice and your DH there to help you shoulder the burden. Wishing you more good days ahead.

LauraCute thread title!...IA, ya GOTTA get a Garmin! Good to know the rolling is effective in the long term.

Have a great night, all! Hope those in the path of inclement weather stay safe!

th_gingerbread.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.