::: :: : CHEETAHS : :: ::: have a run-derful Friday

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - I can only keep the speed on shorter runs. :) If I were to do a marathon, it would just be amazing to finish. I remember my feet going numb when I did the half mary. But, I think that came from not doing enough long runs on the pavement. So glad to hear you're caught up on everything. Maybe you can have some more relaxing days now. Enjoy your run/walk. Yeah, wonder about Sunny too.

Wendy - Did you have a nice night of reading?

I'm done with 4DS Biceps & Triceps and some foam rolling.

Chat with you later. Hope everyone is having a great start to your morning.

Jackie

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!:)

Judy: Loved your "happy hour" story. I wish I had a group of mom's to hang with but unfortunately I do not. That is the part of being a SAHM that drives me bonkers at times. It gets lonely. That is why I took the cheesey babysitting job at the gym. It gives me a chance to socialize a little bit with the other ladies who work there. Unfortunately all of the best ladies that I worked with have slowly left so it's not the same but it's still better then spending day ENTIRELY alone with my son. If I were a more outgoing person I probably could have made friends with a couple of the moms at the gym but alas, my shyness got in the way. BLECH. My mom always had a few fellow moms to hang with when she was home raising my sister and I. I saw my grandma all of the time because my mom also spent tons of time with her since she did not go back to work after raising my mom. Sorry this was so long. LOL

Christine: Hope your belly feels better today. Hate belly aches, nausea, the whole nine. UGH. Ya know I think you forgot to correct a typo in your post y'day. You wrote and I quote "Enjoy Grocerymax and Laundrymax..." :p :7 ;) I watched the DWTS vid you posted in the O/F last night. I ff'd to the turkish get up. I think you need to start practicing that move with your DD! I know you can do it!;)

Carole: LOL about thinking I was talking about DH whining. He can be a whiney PITA as well but the other day it actually was NOT him!:p Y'day was a MUCH better day with DS. He was very well behaved for the most part. LOVE days like that. ;)

Shelly: I'm a little late with this but I just wanted to let you know that DH and I had a similar experience with the first realtor we had come look at our home when we were considering selling over the last year or two. He was totally inconsiderate and rude and although he did not insult our home, he DID insult the town we live in. We both KNOW our town is "Eh" at best but hey, it's what we could afford at the time and now we own a home instead of throwing money away on an apt all of these years! Anyway, he really made me feel awful. Needless to say we did NOT even CONSIDER hiring him. I'm glad you found a realtor you like. I hope your home sells in a reasonable amount of time. So I will not be texting WHILE running but while we are waiting to start we can "check in" with the Chicago crew to see how it's going!

Dallas: Thanks for the explanation on TNT. Let us know when your website is up. Unfortunately many in my family have been taken by cancer. I will donate for sure! How's the carpet look? Now that we've gotten our tax returns I have some carpeting to replace as well!

Jackie: I think I read for all of 20 or 30 minutes last night and then I passed out. LOL I slept like cr@p though so I was still tired this morning. Hate when that happens. Oh well. Glad you enjoyed your new ITread y'day. So when's the big moving date...or did I miss it while I was away???

Cathy: OMG, if I take water from a station at a race, I walk while drinking it. I can't do it either without getting it up my nose or something! LOL They suggest you walk anyway. I have one of those "hydration packs" with a single bottle in it that I use though so I don't normally stop at many, if any, of the water stations. How long is your run today?

Good morning ladies!

I overslept (as is usual on Friday...ugh x() so I'm a little short on time this morning. I'm going to try to get to as many personals as I can. I almost had my second 300 of the season last night in the last game...I had the first 10 strikes but goofed a bit on the 11th and finished with 287 that game and had a pretty big three game series so I'm quite happy with that.

Posh - LOL the only time Imake it to midnight is on Thursday nights and that is *NOT* by choice, I can assure you. Are you kidding I would LOVE to join you guys, I just can't afford airfare and I'm not sure I will be able to swing that long a trip (with drive time) when I don't even know what job I will have or if I will be back in school by then. Everything is just so up in the air right now...sorry :(.

Lorie - I have a bottle of Dave's and can't wait to try it...thanks for the thumbs up! Continued healing {{{{VIBES}}}} coming your way.

Cathy - Lol, like Christine said...I just don't think I'm wired for that kind of distance and see post to Posh ^^^ about the other factors. I hope your feeling recharged this morning and have a great weekend!

Wendy - You want to come work on my "mountain"...I just keep working out of the laundry basket. Dressers are for decoration only, not clothes ;). I hope you're feeling recharged today, too. It sounds like you needed that time last night.

Judy - Glad you had a lovely run Weds! How are you liking NROL?

Christine - I hope you're back to feeling 100% today. Funny I always think of everyone still in their beds at that hour and think "look at what you're missing!"

Carole - Alright, I'll probably allow myself to be enabled with those gloves and pick up a pair soon :D. Nice workout yesterday!

Shelly - I would love to have a mini GTG when Judy comes to town! Oh, BTW, I now remember seeing you at the Fri class. I went back and looked at Phyllis' pics and saw you in the group pic, standing one person down from me...funny, huh? Glad to hear that you now have an, ahem, *suitable* realtor! WTG to on all that painting! Ooooh, fun idea to make it a 4DS day...LOVE that series!

I'll try to be back with the rest in a minute, the phone's ringing.

Okay, I've got a couple of seconds...

Dallas - How are you guys doing after your little "shake, rattle and roll?" So, how do you like your new carpet...NICE!!!

Jackie - Awesome workout yesterday!!! Nice to hear that work was a bit less hectic for you yesterday!

Okay, I've really got to run now. It's going to be a very loooooooong day with show prep for as many as seven horses (baths, clipping, schooling, packing trailer, etc.) even though only four may go. We won't know who's going for sure until later tonight...nothing like good planning, eh x(? Miss Toad is probably going and a bunch of others so, once again, fitting into my breeches is *not* going to be a pretty sight x( :(. I can't figure out why I can't get the extra jiggle off this time and it's really starting to get to me. I know my eating isn't 100% where it should be but it's probably 80% perfect so what gives???? I should start to see something. Sorry, enough ranting/whining...

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

HI Cheetah Friends-

~gotta be quick~

Yesterday, before NROL I did the WU of Core Synergy and after NROL I added part 1 of CS. It went well.

I have one more run this week I can do it today or tomorrow. There is too much clutter around here this week with kids home on spring break. I did clean the first floor and lower level, however it doesn't look it! We are also considering having some painting done. I have been agonizing over colors.

Wendi- congratulations fantastic bowling night!

Wendy- I have always had a girl friend or two with kids similar to mine. My Mom died when my oldest was a toddler, and we lived away from the family. So, finding a friend was important to save my sanity! (especially when DH was a resident working ridiculous hours) You do have a great set up with your Mom! I could not text and run! I would trip for sure. I do however like to text often!

Shelly- great news about cutting BP meds in half in such a short time! I had a hard time being strictly vegan, but I do like being vegetarian. I may have to go back and try some Quorn products again. What are your faves? My family did not like the Quorn "meatballs" I some times think we eat too much seafood. DH has raised the question about mercury toxicity with high amount of fish we eat.

Cathy- enjoy your weekend with out school work!

Carole- I have too much clutter here, you are on a roll~ want to come and declutter my kitchen?

Dallas- I applaud you for doing TNT. My DD's room mate is doing it for the marathon in DC. And Emily (aka Materialsgirl) here on this forum did it a couple of years ago. You may want to ask her abut it for fun.

OH, one more thing. I joined Sparkpeople.com (free website) for some nutrition tracking. After searching for a nutrition tracking program for my palm pilot with little success, I tried this yesterday. It is easy to use. I need to be a leetle more accountable for the food that I am eating ahemmmm.....

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Quickie post....I slept horribly last night, so did not get up for another round of Core Syn. :( Maybe I'll just take tomorrow to do CS and Xstretch since I missed both now. :( DS5 came in our bed and he's a little snuggler. It's cute, but I don't sleep well with someone that close. AND at 4:30A a rattling sound came from a piece of furniture in my room or something. Dh even heard it. DD just told me she heard something too in her room. I thought we had a ghost our something. :eek: ****This just in (DH came in while typing) southern Illinois had an earthquake. :eek: **** Gosh, what a relief!!! I knew we bought an old lot when we built this house....I was starting to think Poltergiest. LOL!

Judy ~ You talk to Emily....I wonder how she faired down south. :eek: I'd love to talk to her about TNT and races.

Oh, I have to go the kids are ready for breakfast.

I'm going to get out and run after dropping DS off at pre-school. I'll get back after that.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am still gagging...I think it took me a few marathons to master drinking the water as I ran thru...but after having some bad water in one marathon, I then carried my own water or sports drink. Congrats on being caught up!! yeah, I must have been speed reading thru Wendy's post, or I was not quite awake...:)..Enjoy your run and walk today.

Jackie...I always thought the most important part of marathon training was the long runs. It does prepare your body well for the 26.2 miles. Good job with 4DS B&B and the roller.

Wendi..I think 287 is GREAT!!!! Sounds like a long day with the horses. I hope Miss Toad behaves. I don't know your age, but once I got into my late 40's the weight was a lot harder to loose and the things that worked before don't work as well...I believe weight will come off, it just takes longer...

Wendy...glad little DS was better yesterday. IA about DH's being PITA's...:D

Judy..Painting sounds nice. We have more to do this summer. As long as I can have access to your workout room, I'd be happy to do some decluttering for you...:D....ahhh, so we are supposed to be accountable for all we eat??...:)

Dallas...I did not sleep well either, for some reason I had a headache and was to lazy to get out of bed to take something. Glad the earthquake was a light one...

Today is PUB bi's and back, abs, leg exts and curls and a 3 mile run. I did get my JumpSnap late yesterday and if I have time I might try it out today...

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning All,

I’m feeling better, but I’m still dealing with the after affects which can be deadly is a small office with 3 people. I may work from home again today. :p Took DD15 for her Tae Kwon Do testing to see what belt level she would be. She placed in at a green belt (first level intermediate), which is great as she had stopped 5 years ago at blue – which is the last belt in the intermediate. The instructor was impressed with the strength of her kicks. She’s my girl! :p (In Krav, the guys didn’t mind my weenie punches, but they all worried about my kicks.) I’m proud of her. I’m hoping to get in AOS Firepower and All Step Jam, but we’ll see how I feel. I’m still feeling a little weak.

Cathe – yeah, kettlebells can be challenging. I upped the weight I was using and my back was toast, in a good way, for two days! And that was with Providence – which is a great workout. You hit three of my favorite areas in California! :p I also do like Santa Cruz – they are weird, but it’s a harmless weird. Enjoy your run and walk tonight!

Jackie – nice to see that I’m not the only one who starts posts, and they can take all day to complete! Glad the phone didn’t interrupt too much. I think you should join us in Chicago – it would be great! I’m not a speedster, either. :p

Shelly – glad you have a new realtor and one you like! That has to be a huge relief!! Are you moving yourselves or having a mover come in? I’m excited about ASJ. I find Sharon’s step to be challenging yet not too complicated. And I just like her personality.

Wendi – It’s soo hard to get up on Friday. HIGH FIVES on your great score bowling last night! You and I are early birds – I have difficulties staying up past 10PM, which is a bummer on weekends! :p But, that’s okay. I soo agree with you thinking about the people still in their beds and what they are missing. The whole day is brand new and so filled with possibilities and you can feel it in the air. My favorite run ever was an early morning trail run through the fog. That was incredible – like running through a dream. Oh, I’m sorry about the extra jiggle. I hope you figure out how to get it off! So, you get to show again, eh?

Wendy – Well, yeah, you’re right. LaundryMax and GroceryMax are NEVER enjoyable! I’d be lucky to do a TGU with Jimmy, let alone DD15!! :+ I think it’s sometimes tough being social, but shy. It does get lonely. I’m not that shy, but I’m also not one to go out of my way to meet people. DH is social, so he drags me along in his wake. I sometimes need some downtime, too. :p

Judy – I love Sparkpeople! Welcome to the site! Picking colors is sooo tough! What shades are you considering? I think there are websites that tell which fish have higher levels of mercury. I know there is an area around here where breast cancer is higher, and the people who live there are yuppies. The reasoning given for the rise is the fish they eat – I feel like I’m damned if I do, and damned if I don’t with fish.

Dallas – so you have some shaking – eh? Love the ghost story! The first time we had some shaking since I moved to California, it was just the girls and me. I heard the door to my room rattle and I thought someone had broken in to the house! I went over the entire house while holding a bamboo stick (the kind the kids use for Tae Kwon Do – very convincing weapon, I know!). It wasn’t until the next day that I heard we had a 4 pointer. I was relieved. Hope all is well and nothing fell over! It is kind of funny that it happened today, because it’s the anniversary of the BIG 1906 San Fran Earthquake.

Carole - The jump snap sounds like fun, actually. I love to jump rope, but as I’m a certified klutz, I’m constantly tripping over my feet. :p ITA also about DH’s being PITA’s!! Big time! :+

Well, I guess I should be off. Have a great day everyone!

Good morning dear cheetahs:7 :7 Busy day yesterday.... I never was able to get to a workout in the morning before I had to leave for the dentist. Got that done and alot of errands. When I got back our new realtor came and we signed all the necessary documents. He was even better then the day before and I feel so much better about my house now:) anyway I ended up doing my workouts a tad different.
I did a marathon of all the 4DS cardio workouts:eek: and after supper did SS upperbody. whew! I'll be going out for a run around my neighborhood "block" which means 10 miles of HILLS:eek: This evening I'm going to a theatre production of The Mikado (Gilbert&Sullivan)
with my parents and sis. Really looking forward to that!

Carole- Alot of people are surprised to hear I have hypertension (high BP) since I am so fit. My doc even told me I'm her healthiest patient. It was like a switch was turned on me about 10 yrs ago and I haven't figured out how to turn it off!x( Well, looks like I may have finally found the answer that modern medicine hasn't been able to! That's just too cute about your DH's comments on you both being vegetarian ;-) I'll be very curious to hear your reviews on Jump Snap... Wendy intrigued me with this. I love jump roping but don't like the constant tripping on the rope!

Dallas- I carried a cell phone for the first time on my last marathon (Vegas Dec 07) and used it to call my DH and Carole-- made it fun!! I think I'll get one with a camera for my next one...hopefully I'll it for my 18 miler with Wendy!. I've heard though that some races are starting to ban them like they do MP3 playersx( Glad your home isn't falling apart and that it was just an earthquake!

Jackie- Thanks for your supportive words re: selling my house... it is a nationwide problem and I wish your sis the best of luck! Is that why you are renting out the house you are moving out of and not selling it? Smart move... DH and I just don't want to deal with the hassle of it. Bis and Tris sore yet?

Cathy- Looking forward to a sloth weekend? LOL :p I'm thinkin tho you'll be very busy in a nice different way tho! Look out roads... here comes Cathy-- marathoner in progress:) :) :)
Are you planning on carrying your cell phone? I'm gonna work on my texting!

Wendi- Congrats on another STUNNING bowling game! I am in utter and complete awe over your skill! Okay, I dredged up my pic of our Friday class.
IMG]http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/4961079/17457015/313761783.jpg[/IMG]
I'm the HAM with my arms around Heather and KathyG (I've got to do something about my shyness;-)!) Which one are you?????

Wendy- I'm counting on you to look out for me while I'm texting to the Chicago cheetahs while we run our 18 miler!!!! This should be interesting anyway! Well, I'm sorry you had a rotten experience with a realtor also but it oddly was a tad comforting to me to hear that ... I've been in your neighborhood.... seems perfectly fine to me!

Judy- So far I've loved all the quorn products I've tried! Last night I had some "bbq ribs" by Gardenburger (all soy) that was delicious!!! I've heard that there are only a couple of fish that you have to worry about mercury content... but darn if I can remember which ones! I'm pretty sure tuna is one. Sounds like you are getting prepped for some big time spring cleaning!

Christine- Doesn't sound like it'll be long before your DD gets a black belt... or is that only for karate? What a go getter.. . she is definitely your daughter! Glad to hear you are feeling better and I hope you can get to ASJ soon... you'll love it!

SUUUUUNNNNNY.... yoooohoooo... where are you?

That about catches me up... time to suit up and head for the hills!

ShellyC

Hey Wendi! Never mind.... I just went to the home page and checked out Phyllis's pics. You weren't in my Fri class group shot.. you're the sassy sexy redhead!:* shoulda known!

Shelly

Good Afternoon Wonderful Women. :+

Today will be a CTX Meaner Legs/Jump Snap circuit (I think I've gone mad!}( LOL) as well as ab work.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? Anyone doing anything fun? I am supposed to go out with my best male friend for dinner tomorrow night. We haven't hung out much since before Thanksgiving. It's about time we catch up. :D I think we are going to my mom's for dinner on Sunday. No plans for tonight but I'll probably try to think of SOMETHING to do later on....

Wendi: WOW, great game last night at bowling! Sorry you just missed that 300. DH will come home telling the same tale. How disappointing even though a 287 is nothing to laugh at!:) I have plenty of clothes in my drawers. The problem is that the drawers are overflowing! I really should go through my piles of clothes and throw something out but I hate to do that cause inevitabely I will throw something out I haven't worn in ages and then be looking to wear it the very next week! x(

Judy: My grandma that I spent so much time with growing up (my mom's mom) passed away when I was just 10 years old. It was the first wake/funeral I had ever been to. I cried like crazy. She was like my best friend. :-( You were lucky to have made friends with other ladies when your kids were young. I'm sure it gave you a bit of much needed support/sanity.

Dallas: Sorry you missed doing CS last night. Hope you get something in today. Don't worry about making it up once you've missed a couple of work outs. It's not worth making yourself crazy over.

Carole: I can't believe I forgot to tell you this! Cathy mentioned Scrapple! I just tasted it a few weeks ago at my mom's house and I LIKED IT!!!! She had it down in A/C and brought some home for me to try. Sorry if you are starting to gag again. :p

Christine: Congrats to DD15 for testing well in Tae Kwon Do. I guess she is going to be taking classes again? Sorry about your remaining "issues". Did you work from home or go in and torture your office? }(

Shelly: I'll bet if we looked we could find another runner texting someone at SOME point during the race! Perhaps the water breaks are the time to do it!:7 :7 :7 I actually don't live in the town that the George Sheehan Classic is held in. I live one town north of where you were and trust me there is quite a difference between them. :-(

BBL!

Hiya Gals!

It was so much fun running through the park. In the past when I did get the chance to run outside I stayed with the roads I measured w/my car. This Garmin thing is awesome, but I forgot it takes 15 minutes the get a signal for the first use. I couldn't wait for that so I started running anyway. I had to guesstimate how far I went....approx 4 miles. :) I was happy with that. I took two walking breaks (1 minute each). I felt OK, but thought that's what I was supposed to do??? Galloway's plan? I stretched a little on the grass, but had to fly to DS's school early for a Hop-A-Thon. The kids were so cute!!! :) Oh, I wanted to keep it a pace higher than 10 minute/mile, but every time I looked down it was under 10:00 pace.

Yeah, where's Sunny been????

Wendy ~ I know when I follow a rotation I get a little obsessive. ha ;-) I'd be happy to skip CS. }( :p No big plans as we have three soccer games and a wedding to attend. I want to get some of these muscles memorized in the midst of all that. How the heck did you do it? UGH! Are you feeling better? (((HUGS))) My DS5 can really give me a run for my money some days too.

Shelly ~ I remember seeing that picture. You look great!! :) lol'd about your shy comment. Yeah, it was a little eery this AM. :eek: Oh, I meant to say congrats on lowering your blood pressure? Is it hereditary? I lowered my cholesterol when I changed my diet and removed some other culprits. Sadly, it has gone back up even with these changes still in place. :( Darn genes! Nice workouts!!! Have fun tonight. :)

Christine ~ I can just see you now walking around the house with that bamboo stick!!! LOL! Yeah, that's not supposed to happen in the midwest!!! :eek: Sheesh! Way to go for your DD! :) Hope you get your strength back.

Carole ~ Hope the headache went away. Your workout reminded me I never finished PUB-back. I was only going to do PUB-Chest and Back y-day. :( Oh well. I sent you a message back on FB.

Judy ~ Have fun cleaning/decluttering. I did a lot y-day. Thursday's my day to catch up around here. Your post reminded me of this quote, "Cleaning the house while the kids are still growing is like shoveling the driveway while it's still snowing." LOL!

Wendi ~ Way to go on the high scoring, just about perfect game!!!! WoW! You must have been on cloud nine. :)

Jackie ~ You have me interested in iTread #2. I still have all my April credits. :) I'll tell you now because not sure I'll get the chance to post tomorrow. Good luck tomorrow!! You'll do great! :)

Cathy ~ can't wait to hear what the doc says tomorrow. Yeah, no school work! Enjoy!! :)

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs!

Have a great night!

Wendi - Awesome job with the bowling last night! Hope the show went well today and Miss Toad behaved.

Wendy - Sorry you didn't rest well last night. Maybe tonight will be better. Still no move date yet. But, I did ask DB if he thought Apr. 30 would be possible. If they would finish up with the cabinets, I would have a better idea. Enjoy your dinner with your BF. I plan on doing some more packing tonight and after my race tomorrow.

Judy - Hate clutter too. Good luck with choosing paint colors.

Dallas - Sorry you didn't sleep well too. I didn't feel the quake but others in the area did. Good job on your run.

Carole - Hope you had a good weight workout and run. Did you try out that Jump Snap?

Christine - Glad you're feeling better. That's great that DD placed in the green belt. Hope you were able to get in a workout. How's Kimo today?

Shelly - Glad the new realtor made you feel better. What a sweatfest you had yesterday! Enjoy your run and your evening out with the family. I thought I would try and rent my house for a year to see if I could take being a landlord. Right now I'm waiting on the state to decide if they will buy the property. They want to expand the bypass around the city and they will come to my front porch if they do. Should know something within that year's time frame. At least, I'll have a good renter for that time period.

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Jackie

Okay so who's bright idea was it to turn Meaner Legs into a circuit w/o with Jump Snap!?!? .... Oh yeah, that's right. It was MINE, wasn't it!? Ladies, please remind me in the future that my ideas are not so bright and NOT to do them! :7 :7 ;) :p

That was one kick arse work out! OMG! I did about 2 mins of jump rope between LL exercises starting after LL's warm up. There were a few exceptions like I did deadlifts and calves back to back because she moved so fast that I didn't want to stop until after the calf work and I did the 2 sets of plie squats w/o putting jump rope in between. It came out to about 22 minutes of cardio. I was DRIPPING sweat! I used Cathe's weights for everything but I didn't drop down to 8# DB's on the leg presses. I actually think I can go heavier on pretty much everything next time except for the BB squats and plie squats. The question is....Will there be a NEXT TIME!?!? LOL I followed it up with LL's ab work too. OUCH!!!!}(

I think I am going to put one set of weights into my Jump Snap for next time and see how that increases the intensity. That will probably GIVE me shoulder DOMS!;)

Ah well...time for a shower as I definately need one!:p

BBIAB!

Quick note to say that I did actually manage to get in Athletic Step Jam!!! YEAH! This is a fun workout. It's not too challenging choreography-wise, although if you're really challenged, it could take a few tries to get it, but you would. It is very high intensity, though and very fun. I really did enjoy it. But I must still be a little sick because I tried to do a kettlebell core circuit and the bells seemed really heavy today. I decided I should just stop. It would be better.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.