::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Turkey Day, 11/23

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Thanksgiving, cheetahs! :)

I didn’t squeeze in a workout yesterday. I got segued at the Cheesecake Factory. Need I say more?

Sunny :: the islands…yes! Sounds like a great plan! It’s just a catch 22 for me because I strongly dislike running in the dark but I also really despise the TM. Thanks for the info & link about the ME class. Will check it out.

Wendy :: there is no plan, but yes, the idea is to get banged up. :) I definitely think you could do the Broad Street Run in May. It’s something we should seriously consider. I absolutely HAVE to work out today…probably a run + weights. What is going on with YOUR workouts, girl?? You must be some kind of masochist! Holy smokes!

LD :: How cool—you’re not so far. But uh, definitely a bit too far to come & do your bathrooms, however. :) My sister lives just outside of KOP. Hey, maybe you’ll be up for Broad Street in ’07 as well??

Carole :: hope your stomach issues are better! Your menu does sound de-lish.

Linda :: great run yesterday! Thanks…I will definitely make up for missed workouts in the back end of this week…starting today!

Elaine :: yes, I’ll be with my parents, sister & fiancé, and the extended family on my dad’s side. This requires a pre-turkey preparation of Corona Light + Don Julio. <heh heh> How about you? And yeah, I am pumped – I LOVE 4-day weekends!! Even though schoolwork awaits at some point.

Natalie :: nice to see you posting again. Thanks for sharing your photo. How the hell did you manage not to look sweaty at all? :)

Jess :: how’s the knee today? Hope the running didn’t give you a setback. I wouldn’t say you’re a dork at all – just a devoted cheetah! Rock on! I don’t know if I would say I’m gearing up for T-giving…with my family, it’s more like something to endure. LOL

Judy :: wow, 24 degrees...now that’s cold! Glad you got in a good run. I really love the new North Face gloves I picked up this year. They're lightweight but still keep me warm.

Christine :: yeah, B&G is one helluva fryer, isn’t it? That is really not a bad idea about B2B. We would have a BLAST! When is it again? I bagged up laughing at your Greek god & not wanting to shatter your fantasies. How *does* one run without a stitch on? Yeowch! OK, now I’ll confess…years ago, when I did my very first 5K, I wound up getting behind a guy in tights with a great @ss & great legs, and that is how I got to the finish line…enjoying the view!

Susan :: LOL about throwing your kids on the trampoline. :) Did they run off their energy?

It's still ridiculously early (can't believe I'm up!), but once it gets light out, I will check the temps and see if I feel like braving a run in the cold. If not, it might be the opportune moment to finally plug in one of the new Cathe DVDs I haven't tried.

Have a great holiday, everyone! I'm sure I'll check in again before the festivities begin.

-cathy :)

Hello cheetahs!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! I can't wait for dinner tonight:9 .
right now i am baking a creamy lemon cake. i got the recipe from this lady at my co. it is sooooooooo delish:D .

today's workout will be LIC. I wanna burn some serious calories before i put them all back, lol.

Have a great day everyone. I will try to check back in before we leave to go to dh's aunts house for dinner.

happy thanksgiving!

Cathy I am up early also. I am going running with my friend first thing this morning.

class went good this week. monday night I didnt have as many people. a couple of the new ones I think are done,meaning they cant handle the class. I am not for sure but they havent been there in a week. my brother teaches wednesday nights class and he said there where only a hand full of people there last night. around the holidays though people get busy and usually skip anyway. I plan on going tobootcamp class saturday morning,my brother is teaching it and probably another run tomorrow. my legs are pretty tired from all the stairs in class though. the guy in my class said do you plan on eating extra turkey or what? I said no, PIE! hee -hee. I thought it was funny. I extended the cardios longer yesterday and we ran the stairs like crazy. I still have that area right beneath the butt that I gotta firm up and man is it being stubborn. so I have been doing lots of lower body stuff,hopefully it will surrender and go away by spring.

anyway, have a great one,enjoy!!

Hi Sunny & Laura!

Sunny :: funny, burn 'em off before putting 'em all back on. Same here. It's rainy & nasty out there, so I think I'll join you with LIC. First try!

Laura :: have a good run & enjoy the PIE! It's a busy week, so you probably had some folks who just couldn't work the class into their schedules. I know that happens with me sometimes with yoga. I *wanna* be there, but things get hectic. If I'm absent three weeks in a row, though, I usually get a phone call! I'm with you - on tightening up that area of the butt. I need work there, too. I'm hoping B&G plus running will do the trick.

OK, off to workout! BBL most likely.

Happy Thanksgiving Cheetahs!

GOBBLE GOBBLE everyone! Okay, well, not in Carole's case. ;) :+

Cathy, I don't know what's goin' on with me and slightly insane work outs lately. LOL I'm sure it is just a phase though. I can't do this forever...I'll wear myself out!:p Glad you had fun last night. Atleast you made it worth it to miss a work out! }( I say let's definately shoot for that Philly run in May then! If we can't do it, that's fine but it's something to work towards atleast. :+

Sunny, Pass me some of that cake please!:9

Laura, Good job on the extra work outs in light of the holiday yummies! I am going to try to do that today as I have BM2 in full on tap for today for the first time }( and tomorrow is my 5 mile race!

So after much hemming and hawing over what I would do today, I decided I'll give BM2 a go. I haven't done it in full yet. I am leaving out the L/B weight work due to tomorrow's race AND the fact that I STILL have DOMS from that B&G premix the other day!:eek: }( :7 I will do everything else though! I almost changed my mind but I just made up my next rotation and it starts on Sunday w/Saturday being my rest day so this is my last chance for a while! }(

My new rotation is a combo of mostly running and the GS series similar to what Cathy is doing. I am running 3 days a week and doing each GS vid 1x per week. I am leaving the option open to add in extra cardio as I see fit on my weight days but I am going to try not to over-do it. ;) I will also do abs 2-3 times per week...whatever vid moves me at the time.

I was also thinking of trying to fit in a Power class one time per week because I was worried doing each body part 1x per week coupled with lots of running may be too little...but will a full body weight class be TOO much on top of GS?? Any opinnions would be helpful!:)

Okay, my short story is complete now! LOL

BBL!:+

Good morning, ladies. I thought I'd RUN on over here to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you folks!

I acted like a Cheetah this morning and got up early and logged 7 miles for the day. 7 fast miles, at that. Always a plus! Now I can eat my apple pie with cool whip and NO GUILT! LOL

I'm thinking of what I want to do, workout-wise, after the New Year. The last 2 months I've been concentrating on getting the 18 pounds off that I gained over the last several months. Got 14 of them off already, so now I'm looking forward to what's next. I'm thinking that beginning 01/01, I'll start increasing my mileage again and hitting the upper body with heavy weights. I've got some races scheduled for the first half of 2007, so that may work out well. But, who knows....I change my mind all the time! LOL

ANYWAY........HAPPY THANKSGIVING. HUG YOUR FAMILY TODAY....LOTS!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

No time for personals...

I am doing B&G and then a 6 mile run. I have some upper body DOMS from BM2 upper twice yesterday!

be back later....

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/thanks3.gif[/img]

Happy Thanksgiving to my Cheetah friends!! We're hanging out watching the Parade now!! I love watching the parade!!

I did all of KPC this morning. Yeah, those abs (rollouts & pikes) actually seemed easy now!!! ;-) I love that workout!

Mom & I are going to Kmart this morning since it's the only place open. We'll scout the deals. We finally took our Christmas club money out y'day (we get money deducted from Greg's paycheck all year, makes a Christmas budget MUCH easier!!). So now I will start the shopping!!

Have a great day. I know I will!!!

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. One of the many things I am thankful for is having all of you ladies here at this check in because you are so awesome, each and every one of you!!!

After I get my turkey in the oven I will do PUB, MM abs and an elliptical workout. Since I want my workouts to be low key before my upcoming marathon I did not go to the Thanksgiving 8 miler that I usually run but I told DH to run like the wind as he was leaving!

Sunny, Please, please, please post that lemon cake recipe! Lemon or orange cake, bread and/or cookies are my absolute favorite!

Jess, I think one of the reasons I love the Christmas season is because of all the SHOPPING I get to do!

Cathy, Your Thanksgivings sound like how mine were way back when my entire family would get together. There would always be a bit of dread to them. We finally settled into the tradition of just my and my brother's family and it was as close to perfect as I could hope for. Of course this year is different since my brother won't be accompying his family.....although he will be here in spirit.

Gayle, Welcome back and way to go with losing 14 lbs. You must have been working your butt off, literally and figuratively! How is your mother doing? I haven't seen any updates that you might have posted.

Laura, I bet class attendance was down due to the holiday. Wow! You've been working hard! I'm gonna have me some pie today too}(

Wendy, You make me laugh almost every single day and for that reason I hope you never get into a routine and quit stressing about what workout you will do!:7 I'm excited to hear about your race tomorrow.

Carole, You are super duper Carole today! I had not even opened any of my new Cathe DVDs until yesterday. I previewed B&G while doing my elliptical workout and got DOMS just from watching it. Of course you will do it back to back with a run but, ya know, I wouldn't expect anything else from you!;-)

Happy Thanksgiving Cheetahs!

I have no clue what workout I’m going to do - it will be a long one, though. I’m a little sore from B&G, but not too bad- but my change in diet is doing strange things, so an outdoor run might not be advisable (we’ll see). I’ll probably do some kind of cardio followed by the upper body only premix of MM or PUB. We’ll see.

Cathy - can’t imagine why you’d skip a workout for the Cheesecake Factory… Oh wait, hmm, yeah I can. :+ Bay to Breakers is in May- I think the third Sunday of May. It would be fun! Enjoy your Corona and your turkey! I’m still undecided about whether I’ll eat turkey or just dairy (as all of my recipes have dairy in them today!).

Sunny- Creamy Lemon Cake? Can I come?! Sounds wonderful! Enjoy your dinner and LIC!!

Laura- That’s funny - I love the story about eating all the pie! Sounds like your class is one I would LOVE!!

Wendy - Gobble Gobble right back at ya! :p Oh you’ll have fun with BM2!! And before your race, wow! Just my opinion, and I’ve done both, but if you do one body part a week and really do it, then that’s all you need. If you want to add a full body class, do a three day split with the GS series. That way you won’t overwork muscles.

Gayle - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! You’ll always be a Cheetah! How’s your mom? Good job getting the weight off!! HUGS to you and yours as well!

Carole - now THAT’s a workout! I don’t think I could move after B&G!! Enjoy your Tofurkey!!

Jess- I love the parade too! Have fun shopping! That’s always a good time! And I love pikes- I feel so cool doing them, although I know I look a fool! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!!

Elaine - HUGS to you! You’re so wonderful! When is the marathon? I’m excited to hear about it!! And, yeah, I double post all the time - itchy fingers on the send button!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Good morning ladies,
I am feeling great this morning! I got a lot of sleep last night and my body feels good after my elliptical workout yesterday. I am going to do Circuit Fusion, the 80 minute one and then abs. I was going to to Butts and Gutts tonight as well, but I am going to try to be nicer to my body starting today:)

I have SO much to be thankful for today. All of you cheetahs are definitley in my thoughts today and how important this check-in is to me. Thanks to all of you.

I am off to make pumpkin bread and chocolate chip cookies, YUM!!!!!

Susan

I should be up getting my house in order for later on but I need to say hi to Christine and Susan. Plus I work best under pressure. Sometimes I think there is something seriously wrong with me, I procrastinate to the point of near crisis then pat myself on the back for pulling it off. Anyway.....

Christine, Have you added more fiber to your diet or what? I know you have been eating vegan-like lately. I toy with the idea of giving up meat entirely too but since I have my kids in the habit of being catered to when it comes to their meal preparation (some days you'd think I handed them a menu or something) and my DH would not be willing to give up meat then more work would definately be in order for me. I hope you and your family have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Susan, Mmmmmm chocolate chip cookies sound so good and I can almost smell them baking BUT it would be a first for me on Thanksgiving. I'm a pumpkin pie kind a woman. Shhhh! Don't tell anyone but I buy them from Costco!! Thanksgiving wishes coming your way too for you and family. Your mother and all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Cathy LOL that picture was taken before the race!:)

No workout today DH and I will try to get a walk in this evening. He and I do not care about shopping tomorrow, all we care about is getting in our workouts tomorrow. It is nice to have a husband that is as into fitness as I am.

Have I told you that my husband is a freakishly strong fitness guy? He writes for IronMind http://www.ironmind.com/ironcms/export/IronMind/ExtremePages/extremepage.html

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1268/5042102/10322187/205798865.jpg

Cheetahs,
I’m back…Finished LIC this morning. Hmmm. I have to admit…I’m not in a rush to do this one again real soon. I can see how it’d be lots of fun if you know the routine, but I have two left feet and I struggled with getting the steps down, particulary in the 2nd section. I’m going to give it a few more go’s, but I seriously need Step for Dummies. I *cannot* learn these danged moves when I am facing Cathe. I really need to be standing behind her! I did love the weights, though. Hopefully, I will learn.

Wendy :: I like that plan…but now this means I *do* have to up my mileage. Oh well – we have all winter. I managed to add in a full body weight class once in awhile with the GS series but not too often because of time constraints. I’d say give it a shot and listen to your body. You’ll know if it’s too much or not. Good luck tomorrow in your race!!

Gayle :: good to see you again. Congrats on your weight loss. Happy Turkey Day!

Carole :: tough workout planned as always! Hope it was a great one.

Jess :: enjoy your shopping! I didn’t think I’d be heading out in tomorrow’s madness, but I will do an early bird special at Target. My BF strategy is always get in early and get out fast. I don’t actually like shopping, but I do love a good bargain!

Elaine :: I have to agree – I am grateful for this group of women whom I’ve grown to consider friends. It seems kind of strange, having never actually met any of you. But I look forward to the daily check-ins. Thanks, everyone, for the ongoing support, encouragement, and camaraderie! Thoughts will be with you, Elaine, on what is bound to be a difficult first Thanksgiving without your brother.

Christine :: I am going to check into it and see what flights are like around that time. If I can score a cheap deal, I’d love to come out there. I haven’t been to CA in years! It’d be so cool to meet up with the West Coast cheetahs!! And check out some naked Adonises while I’m at it. :)

Susan :: Contemplating Butts and Gutts after a T-giving feast!? What a beast you are! I hope you give yourself a break and relax!

Natalie :: WTH *is* he doing in that pic?? It looks like torture! lol :) I’m pretty sure that’d be physically impossible for me. This week, my students showed me a move they learned in gym — a wall squat that you hold for a minute (or more if you can). WOW, I wanted to die! My quads were on fire, which I couldn’t believe bc I do Cathe’s endless squats and lunges. It was quite the challenge. Thanks for the link. Will have to check that out.

OK, I have some stuff to get done. Might try to pop in later.

Happy T'giving, all!
Cathy :)

Gobble Gobble! I'm back for more personals before I have to get ready to go!:)

Gayle: Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Carole: As I was doing the BM2 upper body this morning I was thinking of having to do it twice...my goodness I don't think I could unless I really lowered my weights! No wonder you have DOMS!}( Enjoy B&G and your run!

Jess: Christmas shopping on Thanksgiving? That's one I've never heard of before! LOL We don't have an actual "Christmas Club" account but we have a separate savings that I've been putting $ into every week so that Christmas is not such a strain on the budget. We always spend more but it helps TREMENDOUSLY in keeping the credit card bills down!:eek:

Elaine: I hope your DH does well in the 8 miler today! When is your marathon? Is this Boston?? I'm so glad to amuse you with my indecisiveness!;) :7 I've been like this forever and will probably never change so you can look forward to lots of laughs my friend!:D

Christine: What's up with your diet? What have you changed and how is it affecting you? I hope it's not a bad thing. Okay, call me dopey but I don't understand how to do a 3 day split with 4 work outs! LOL The 2 GS u/b's, GS Legs and the Power class...please explain! :)

Susan: How in the heck are you going to find time for TWO work outs over an hour a piece today!? Holy moly! Good for you!

Cathy: I take it you are not familiar with Cathe's step? Do have any others besides the new series? If not, I strongly suggest you buy a more basic vid of hers to start with otherwise you could easily get aggrivated and give up when her work outs really are worth learning!!! You just have to start off with the simple stuff and work your way up! :)

Okay, sorry if I've misseed anyone but my dryer just dinged at me which mean the shirt I am wearing today is ironed! ;) ;):7
I must get moving...Have lots of good food today ladies and send warm wishes to all of your families from me!

I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow morning!

Love you all! :* :* :*

Elaine- this one is for you:) sending many ((hugs))) your way today.

Creamy lemon cake

1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix
1 (3oz) package lemon gelatin mix
1 cup boiling water
1(8oz) container frozer whipped topping, thawed
1(3oz) package instant lemon pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk

1. prepare and bake cake mix according to package for a 9x13 in pan. poke holes in cake while hot with the round handle of a wooden spoon. make gelatin with ONLY 1 cup boiling water. pour liquid gelatin over cake while hot. cool cake completely.

2. beat together whipped topping, pudding mix, milk and vanilla extract (until thickened). pour mixture over cooled cake and refrigerate until read to serve.

it is an easy and absolutely delicous dessert.

enjoy!

wendy- i cannot believe you are doing BM2 the day before you race. girl, you are awesome!

christine- you are welcome anytime! i hope your new diet works for you. although i have ever confidence you know what works best for your body.

carole- enjoy your workout today!

susan- i need an invite to your house one day. you make the yummiest sounding desserts:9

alrighty ladies we are leaving in a few to start our Thanksgiving festivities!!:9 :9

Hey All!

I ended up running after all! And had no issues, thank heavens! I did a 5 miler, then came home to do weights but DH was watching football, and I do not come between a man and his football (especially DH!). Oh well, I’ll do weights tomorrow. Enjoyed the run. It was a bit windy, but nothing too bad, and the leaves are all changing and the weather is crisp and cool. Love it! I do have DOMS from B&G but it’s very localized. Right in the spot where the legs and the butt meet. Maybe a little on the sides of the butt, but not too bad. In other words – right where I need it most!

Susan – so glad you got a lot of sleep last night! I think being nicer to your body is a good idea. You’re right – there is a lot to be thankful for. This check in is important to a lot of us. I know it keeps me on my toes (literally) and doing workouts. There’s also a wonderful, wonderful group of ladies here. I love that we are all supportive and caring. The only cattiness is in our name! {{{HUGS}}} to all!

Natalie – Oooh, nice DH! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Elaine – I know what you mean about under pressure! I do best when I’m frantic. But I did take it easy today. We’re going to a friend’s house tonight, and I’m cooking now – putting everything in microwavable containers. That way I don’t have to worry later. I added more fiber a while ago. With everything going on in my life and my health, I’ve decided I should really be serious. I’m vegan 6 days a week, for now. I want to be able to cheat one day if I’m craving a steak, or turkey or something. Oddly enough today, I’m not really thinking of eating turkey – there’s so many other yummy things. We’ll see. It is challenging, though with the family. Fortunately, DH likes eating vegetarian (I don’t mention the Vegan part). The girls are okay as long as it’s not EVERY night. I’ll go out and buy a ham tomorrow and make vegan dishes, and they will be happy eating what I make as a side. And it’s pretty easy to get really tasty recipes, if you don’t mind experimenting.

Cathy – oh, I would LOVE to have you come out for Bay to Breakers! I’d definitely be there and I’m sure several other West Coasters would come out. Warning – the Greek Gods are few and far between – the fat old naked dudes, unfortunately are not. One thing that helps me with step is that I have a musical background and keep an automatic count in my head. All step movements are to a 32 count. You can break it down by 8. It helps to know that on the downbeat, you need to be on your left foot. Don’t know if that will help or not but it works for me.

Wendy – oh I did a sudden switch to mainly vegan, so my body is getting used to all the fiber and grains. I’m okay, it’s just today was the day that my body said, “Oh, okay, I get it, and dumped a lot of the excess bloat from the fiber.” Takes me about 5 days to get to that point. Was nice – I lost 5 pounds overnight!

Sunny – you have more confidence than I do! :+ I LOVE food, which is my problem. If you go visit Susan, I’ll come too. Susan lives only about 45 minutes away from me. That sounds wonderful! I’ll have to make it sometime!

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to all of you wonderfully supportive caring ladies! I adore each and every one of you and am so thankful that I've "met" you! {{{HUGS}}}

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.