::: CHEETAHS ::: happy sunday 6.3

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies!

Today will be a run + BBC full-body. Gotta get out early again before it gets too hot.

Laurie :: so, do you consider giving hot stones a pain or is it easier on your hands?...I think all of us go back and read the previous day's posts, so fear not that a late post will be missed...Wow, Marley is brave - that's something I'd never do!

Jackie :: good to have the bulk of the packing out of the way. I went skydiving 3 years ago with my cousin for his 40th bday, and that gave him the idea that I'm his new adventure partner-in-crime. He's bugged me to go diving, but I said no way, that's not for me. Somehow it scares the hell out of me. I don't know if it's the deep sea creatures or the fact that I could kill myself by doing something wrong. But I think I actually will try it someday if I have the opportunity...I usually try to get a haircut and ped before a vaca, too, and last August I added waxing to the mix (I keep getting more high maintenance - lol) but now I can't have the latter done b/c of meds I'm on, so I guess I'm saving a little bit of money. :)

Well, have a great day, great workouts - I'll be back later!
Cathy :)

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: happy sunday 6.2

Good morning ladies,

cathy- sounds like that massage went so well. i am going to have to try one.

jackie- isn't it nice to be done with packing and ready to go! i downloaded 2 of the news ones. can't wait to try the new sprint itrain.

shelly- everytime i read about your workouts i feel like such a wimp...lol

christine- i was told about this website www.nashbar.com for biking needs. i took a look at it and the prices seem pretty good.

wendy- go and get that practical done. the fitness community needs you!! ;o)

ugh- today was supposed to be a 7 mile run outside. however it's raining pretty hard outside right now and since i am not brave like our dear carole. i may have to run inside on the treadmill. not sure if i can take running that long on a treadmill:(

yesterday's spin certification was, hmmm, hard yet exhilarating. the bikes we used are new trixter (x-bikes). if interested check their website, www.x-biking.com. they are just like mountain biking. so the top of the bike moves with your body. it's so very different. way more challenging then your traditional indoor cycling bikes. it was a long day for me yesterday. i felt better as even the seasoned spin instructors were also having a hard time. after a 1/2 hour of cycling my quads were screaming. soooo, when i came home last night i downloaded some new icycles because i can't wait to get on those bikes again, lol}( :7 ;)

BBL....

Hey Sunny! I'm with you - I don't last long on the TM out of sheer boredom. That spin cert sounds TOUGH! Absolutely try the hot stones! You will love it.

~Cathy :)

Sunny :: thanks! :)

I just came in from a 3-mile run and suddenly find myself NOT feeling like doing BBC Full Body. I don't know what's come over me.
An attack of laziness maybe.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sounds like the massage was heaven! I will ask my MT about it. It is always fascinating they find those spots!! I think I am in the "squeezing into" wardrobe dilemma...the new paint looks really nice, and it is amazing how it cleans things up. My DH rolls and I use the brush for those small areas. BBC FB was my least fav of the collection.

Sunny...after our high 90 temps...I want your rain!!!! Sounds like the spinning cert is tough.

Shelly...welcome back, I missed ya! My DH has struggled with SVT's for about 2.5 yrs. He had a bad one last Wed that wouldn't go away, so off to ER. I know these are treatable but I have wanted him to just get checked out by a cardiologist for quite awhile. So finally he did for the stress/echo. He is taking Diltiazem for the next 6 weeks til he see's the Dr again.

Jackie...trust me, I do nag already!!...good job on mapping out a course. You will have to let me know how you like Amy's kickboxing. Your upcoming trip sounds fun! I love those veggie pizza's.

Wendy...sorry about DH's runaround for the iPod arm band.

Christine...I am always shocked people get married in those type of situations....WTH?

Laurie....sounds like you had a great experience with the exchange student. Good job on the 8K! I hope my DH comply's too...he actually NEEDS to exercise, not stay away from it.

I ended up doing a KV circuit and added Amy's shoulder segment after for yesterday's workout. Karen's circuits are not nearly as hard as Cathe's but the different moves were fun. I am going for a 9.5 mile trail/road run this morning. Hoping I can stay upright....:)

Have a great day...

Good morning ladies!

Cathy - Glad you had a nice run and you beat the sun. It gets miserable out there after a certain time. Maybe you'll muster up the energy to do BBC FB. Don't think I've done that one but once. Can't seem to work it into my rotations for some reason. Guess another reason I don't care for diving is I'm a little claustrophobic. Think I would feel so closed in. Just the thought! UGH!! Beauty does get a little high maintenance. LOL!! But, we're worth it.:)

Sunny - Hope you can survive 7 miles on the treadmill. Sounds like a grueling certification day. Congratulations on making it through!

Carole - Enjoy your trail run! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will come back with no falls or scrapes to report.

Rest day for me. Calves are sore today. Must be from those hills yesterday. I had a couple of tough ones especially when the legs were already tired.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! I had one restful full day off after my Phoenix excursion and now it's back to work tonight for a stretch:(
With DH away I just hate leaving the dogs alone in the house for so long (my shifts are 12+ hrs long) I worry about them so much but so far they have all been as good as gold. Yesterdays run felt so good after being confined to a treadmill all week in Phoenix!

Christine- Amusing story about the couple getting married.... a real match made in heaven... not! ya gotta wonder! But I agree with Laurie, the dude is getting old and wants to be sure there will be someone there to take care of him. More spinning for you today?

Laurie- Great job on the 8k run yesterday! Were you able to get out on your bik ride today?

Cathy- How far did you go on your run today? It can be hard to work up the motivation for a strength workout after a run. BTW, congrats on being able to shop for clothes in those nice new smaller sizes:7
You really should consider giving scuba diving a try. If you stay in shallow reef waters, about 20ft or so it really isn't scary at all and its absolutely fascinating swimming up close with all the reef critters!

SunnyD- I'm amazed that you're even considering a 7 mile run after yesterdays spinathon!!! TM runs can be quite tedious!

Carole- I'm glad to hear your DH is taking the meds to control those problematic SVT episodes. They can be pretty scary.... for both of you! ooooooo a nice long trail run for you today!!!! :7 :7 :7

Wendy- Where are you? I'm with your DH re: the iPod armbands... I've so far refused to buy one because I can't comprehend why they are so darn expensive! They seem like such simple things. Oh well, eventually I'll probably cave. What do you have planned for today?

Time to get moving. Today will be a 50 minute tempo run and PUB:7

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi Jackie! Have a great rest day! Like I told Cathy- if you stay in shallower reef waters scuba diving is a FUN experience and I really don't think you'd be feeling claustrophobic. Also there really isn't any "swimming" involved. Underwater you propel yourself quite well with just a lazy leg kick. Getting up close with the sea critters is a life experience worth doing IMHO! Ask you DBF.... he'll agree with me ;-)

ShellyC

OK, I'm back. Banged out BBC FB and Rodney's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes Running Mini-Workout. The yoga was not long at all but felt good. FB was not what I thought it would be, but I thought it was tough without any breaks. The Burpees are hell.

Carole :: my next massage will definitely be another HS, that's for sure!! Hope you enjoy today's trail run - no falls! Funny for me to say that - clutz that I am! I got tangled up with a branch today and scratched up my leg pretty good.

Jackie :: yeah, I think there is a feeling of claustrophobia to it - I'm just not *thrilled* about the idea of deep water - never have been - but I figure if I can jump out of planes, I can do anything. *lol* Have you ever seen the movie Open Water? Yikes!

Shelly :: is there anyone that can come & check on the dogs for you or let them out?...Today was a short one - 3 mi. It's funny b/c I used to always do cardio first and then weights and liked doing it in that order. It has been awhile since I've done C&W on the same day, though...Oh, yeah, I probably wasn't clear in my post, but I meant that I will give diving a try when the opportunity presents itself. As in, I won't be diving off the coast of Jersey just to do it but will save it for a time when I get to someplace tropical again. I am big on conquering challenges. :)

Hey Ladies:) I got my looong bike ride in 35k....so nice, not much wind and the mist was just lifting off of the lake as I headed east. I got home and immediately had to pick Faith up from a sleepover so I didn't get a proper stretch in:-( A big day for 12 year old Faithy...she got her first period today...bittersweet....this could be scarey, we now have 4 menstrual women in the house...:+ Not sure what's up today but everyone's home so I think we'll venture out for a tour downtown...I love it when the 4 of us get out together for Girley time...

Cathy, I like giving hot stone massage, my hands feel so good after. We had a 30 minute HS on the spa service menu but I had them take it off, you can't really do much in 30 minutes. Burpees hey?...everything old is new again:)

Sunny, I loved the energy when I was doing my fitness training, especially for BodyPump....the group energy is so motivating, not to mention endorphins and heart thumping music heavy on the bass...I love that stuff!

Carole, I'm sending you vertical vibes for you run so that you stay upright:) :+ Enjoy your run. It was a great experience having the exchange but it's nice to have the house back, Elizabeth is especially happy as she surrendered her bed for the week. I remember your DH kinda liked the eliptical when you first got it, it's so hard to get started though when you're not an exerciser. Was he ever a regular?

Jackie, you and those aching calves earned a good rest! Enjoy it:)

Shelly, glad you enjoyed the open road, TM's SUCK!!:+ So how long is your hubby away for? Enjoy PUB, my favourite (although I really like the B-Max u/b x2 premix lately:))

Time for this gungey cheetah to take a shower...Faith's learning the theme from the Adam's Family on her flute...It's nice the first 100 times but it's kinda going up the back of my neck now :) Good that she's practising though :) Have a great Sunday All!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for the agreement on the soap opera! The furniture came and it’s really nice except we had to send one piece back as it was scratched. We’ll get another piece hopefully soon! I also managed to squeeze in getting my nails done and grocery shopping so today is a workout (I’m thinking maybe PUB and a nice steady state on the bike) then a cooking season for next week’s (and tonight’s) dinner’s and then we’re heading to the Santa Clara Art and Wine Festival, which is a really nice smaller one.

Cathy – so glad you enjoyed the massage!! Sounds incredible! It is amazing that they can find these little spots…

Laurie – Sounds like an incredible ride!! Sounds heavenly. I have to laugh at your description of your DD’s flute playing – I know I drove my parents nuts with my clarinet and saxophone. Just hold out – she will get better than you’ll look back on these days with nostalgia (not too much, but some! LOL)

Sunny – I’ve ordered from Nashbar – they are good. I’ve seen those X-bikes – I’ve always wanted to try them – because I love mountain biking so much. You’re an animal girl!!! Glad you enjoyed it! Good luck with the 7 miler on the treadmill. Ick.

Carole – I have my fingers crossed for your trail run! I should actually take Jimmy for a trail run – he’d like that. Can you tell I haven’t decided yet?! I asked my DH, “So, do you think they’ll really get married?” And he replied with doubt in his voice, “Well, it certainly seems like it.” Who knows.

Jackie – enjoy your rest day!! Yeah, hills can be killer on the calves!

Shelly – I’d worry about the pups, too! Glad the seem okay. I find when they have other dogs around they handle the separation better. That’s why I always have two. I’m sure the run did feel good!! I don’t understand this couple. She’s an uptight prude who totally disapproves of his life style. He has his own company – an internet company and literally works from the local bar all day long, drinking beer. I think she expects him to change once they get married, which is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard – she’s in her 50’s for heaven’s sake, you’d think she’d learn that you cannot change someone. Oh well, I can’t rule the world.

Have a good day everyone!

I decided to do Bodymax 2 Boot Camp premix and then take Jimmy to the dog park for a bit as he's now old enough and has his shots.

Laurie :: big day for Faith! *lol* about now having 4 menstrual women in the house ~ good luck with that! :) I agree - 30 minutes would be too short considering the stones have to be swapped out for hot ones. Even 50 minutes seems too short! *lol*

Christine :: wow, DH's friend has quite the set-up for himself, eh? It is funny to me how so many mature and otherwise intelligent folks expect things to get better over time/after marriage. Just goes to show that everyone is a fool for someone at some point in their lives. Perhaps she knows she is settling for less but views this as her last chance. Hope you enjoyed the wine festival.

Oh jeez, Laurie - I totally missed that Faith is now a "woman"! What a big day (and a sad one - your little girl is growing up). Remind me to stay away from your house when y'all sync up. LOL

Cathy - As I've been a fool more than my own share of the time, I see what you're saying. LOL. Oh well, who knows, maybe she can turn him around. I do wish them well - even bought them a beautiful crystal vase.

Went out and bought a new trainer today from REI. My mountain bike was stuck on my old one and I've been wanting to mountain bike. So, I broke the trainer and bought a new one. It came with a new DVD - so I'll have to try him (not a Spinervals, but a similar one). I'm looking forward to riding with my road bike on the trainer tomorrow. Have a great evening!

Shelly - DBF has tried to convince me to dive but with no luck. Believe me, he would love to have me going in the water with him. I did have one lesson in a pool. Think I'd better stick to running.:) So sorry your dogs have to spend so much time alone while dh is gone. Bet they miss you and are happy to see you when you get home. How is FIL doing? Hope you had an invigorating run.

Cathy - You did find some incentive to do BBC FB! Good for you! Yes, I did see Open Water. It really makes you do some thinking.

Laurie - Glad you enjoyed your bike ride. Was Faith excited or distraught over her big day? Wow, 4 women in the house now!! That should be an adventure. Adams Family and the flute just don't seem like they go together. LOL!!

Christine - How was the Art & Wine Festival? Has this woman been living under a rock? That dog is too old to teach any new or old tricks! LOL!! Have fun with the new trainer.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.