Cheetahs Happy Saturday 11/4

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Fabulous Felines!;)

Well I finally passed out last night and slept pretty hard so I was able to get up at 6am. I've had some coffee already. I am going to eat a little something, have another coffee to help aid in digestion ;) and then I'm off to the races with my work out! I want to get it done EARLY so that I have the rest of the day to myself. I have nap time planned for myself today when DS goes down. :+

I have created an 86 min mish-mosh of B/G, LIC and BM2 to try. Should be fun! I'll post the work out and what I thought of it when I'm done! }(

Hope everyone has a great work out today!:)

G'morning Cheetahs! I'm up to do PUB, I haven't done it in a little while & it's one of my favs! After that it's time to pack up & head to my Mom's for today & tomorrow. We're having a bday party w/ family at my Aunt Meg's for lunch tomorrow. I told my Mom I'd help her sort through Grandma's things, she's a bit overwhelmed. I love to organize! (see post about organizing Halloween candy- LOL)

I might not get a chance to check back in til Sun night, so have a great weekend!! Enjoy those new workouts, now I can't wait to get mine!! Merry early Christmas to me! :p

Wendy ~ Glad you slept well! Enjoy your new mish mosh this morning!

Everyone else ~ Have a great workout & run for me! ;-)

Good morning, cheetahs!

Wendy :: I don’t think I have MIC…What else is on that one? I’m close with my mom, too. She and my dad are two of my best friends, actually…I’m lucky. I don’t know if the NYC marathon was yesterday…I wasn’t paying attention, sorry! But you ain’t alone on the pyramids—not my fave, either. Now what’s with these small, cheesy x-mas gifts? I’m curious. Sounds like a tough workout you have planned...go kick some butt!!

Jess :: yeah, the GS does work the calves…I also feel those in my butt after a while! I have to stop at Target today, so I will add ankle weights to my list as I see them listed for B&G. Enjoy your visit to your mom’s for her b-day! YEAH!! New workouts on the way!! Happy stalking your UPS guy.

Carole :: lol…that smiley was hilarious! Great run in the rain!

Christine :: I would like to lose my gut, too. I’m hoping B&G whips me into shape. Oh no! Sorry about the T-giving trip snafu. Can you sell the trip to someone else?

Elaine :: lol that the kids had candy for dinner. I love it! WOW. A rest day every few WEEKS when not training for a marathon. I’m a sloth among cheetahs…:) I can’t believe one of your neighbors is already decked out for Christmas!! That’s nuts! I usually do try to start my shopping in October and finish by Black Friday weekend, but the past couple of years I’ve gotten a slow start…I just can’t stand the hustle and bustle, long lines, traffic, jockeying for parking, etc. And then I’ll avoid pretty much all stores from Dec. 1 until mid-January. About your brother…I understand so well that feeling you’ve described. For me, it was sadness with even a little bit of anger (though that might not make sense) that the rest of the world was moving forward & carrying on like nothing had happened when I felt like the world had come to a screeching halt. I think a good way to help you through the healing process might be to find ways that you can honor his memory. What about organizing a race in his name? That sounds like it’d be a perfect tribute coming from you. I feel bad for your SIL…28 years…wow. How devastating it is to have lost him so young. Though it’s hard to lose anyone you love no matter what age they are, it is easier to make peace with the death of someone who has lived a long and full life. It will be a hard road for her…good thing that you’re there for support.

I didn't have a chance to preview the workouts yet (I did go out last night for a little while), so I will do that this morning. As excited as I am to try the workouts, I'm just itching to run today, which I'm planning to get in in the afternoon. This AM it's all about schoolwork for me (end of the marking period is approaching) - I'm gonna be a machine grading papers, doing lesson plans, and then tackling a bit of work for my grad classes, too. I also have to stop at Target and Ann Taylor, so it'll be a busy on-the-go day for me. But I like loading up on Saturday, so I can have Sunday be a day to relax!

OK, cheetahs...enjoy your workouts...I'll be back to take a break or two and see what you ladies are up to!

cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Have fun with your mish-mosh..did you see the link to the complete premix breakdowns on the Video/DVD Forum?...Funny you mentioned the NYC marathon yesterday. My SIL called last night and asked if I was doing it...?...Oh yeah...right! She said well you run so much you could probably run to NY and back....ummm...yeah, right again!!! Non runners think in strange ways about us runners!!!

Jess...have fun with PUB...I really like the pyramid workouts. Have a great weekend with your Mom and Aunt Megs B-Day party!!

Cathy...that is great you are close to both of your parents. Growing up as a tomboy is probably the reason I was so close to my Dad...yes, that smiley was just how I felt missing that typo!!! I hope you get in a good run...

Elaine...yes, I am glad I asked...:)...loosing a loved one to me, your emotions seem to come in waves. You are going along okay and then BAM! Another wave hits you. Its part of the greif that many people go thru. My heart goes out for your SIL, hard to begin to imagine her loss. Laurie would understand alot of what your SIL is going thru. I am happy you are able to get in your workouts, because I think it does help. The memories you have of your brother and the times you shared will never go away...I have wonderful, funny memories of my Dad...:)

I am doing an iClimb on my Elliptical this morning, and then tackling B&G after church...

Have a great day...:)

G'morning...I'm just working on getting my caffeine counts up before working out:) I'm sticking with SH for a few weeks so it's bis and tris today. I'm not sure what I'll do for cardio but my ankle is giving my subtle hints to keep it low impact.

Elaine, I read your post from yesterday and my heart goes out to you. Grief is such an unpredictable thing, we go along just fine healing and adapting to this new reality then *wham*, it might be a song or a smell or the way the breeze is blowing and without warning the loss is all we are aware of and the world stands still around us. I remember reading that when we are grieving a loss it's as though we are zebras and the rest of the world is horses, the horses don't know we are any different but we are all too aware that we are. I'm thinking of you lots!:)

Wendy, have fun mishing and moshing:7

Jess, enjoy your weekend!

Cathy, woah, just reading about your jam packed day off made me tired! I have to fix a toilet todayx( I love being an independent woman and all that but sometimes it SUCKS!:+ Enjoy your run!!

Hi Carole, we were posting at the same time:) Have fun with B&G, it's killing me that you all are doing the workouts, I was soooo hoping they would come yesterday, lots of anticipation building!!

Take Care
Laurie

Hi Laurie!!! I agree completely with what you said to Elaine...:)...you have a lovely way with words!

I know when you get these workouts...you will love them....I hope they come today for you...:)

Thanks Carole, I think it's interesting that we agree about about the 'waves' of grief. Common ground can be very comforting:)

Sadly, there is no post today so I won't see the workouts until Monday at the earliest but I know they are worth the wait!!

Take Care
Laurie

Hi Girls!

Well my work out got cut short (I did 50 mins) because **somebody** didn't want to wait for me to finish!;) :+ I will finish at nap time but since I am getting an unplanned break I think I am going to add a bit more on to it!}(

Jess: Have a nice time w/your mom. Is the whole family going? Organizing Halloween candy!? Okay, now I've heard everything!:eek: :7 :p

Cathy: The MIC dvd also has Interval Max and Rythmic Step on it. It's a goodie for sure!}( The cheesey gifts are for Xmas eve. My DH's family has a tradition where about 25 of them GTG for a big meal and EVERYONE exchanges gifts. We keep the gifts at a $10.00 max cost so ofcourse most will be cheesey!:p It's a giant pain in the neck. I really don't like it but what can I do? I love the GTG but the gift thing is ridiculous. They need to change it to a grab bag but so far haven't budged. It's a TRADITION and they just can't break it!:eek: ACK! LOL

Carole: I agree that you could probably run all the way to NYC! ;) Will this be your first time doing B&G? Enjoy...I hear it's a real burner!!!}(

Laurie: Have fun with S&H. That is one of the few Cathe's I don't have! :eek:

I'll be back later ladies!

Good morning chatty cheetahs! Wow....a busy group! It took me a while to catch up with yesterdays and todays postings:) Well, I delayed my run yesterday...just too wiped out after work, but I did get in a good 7.5 mile run (lots of hills)in the afternoon and the weather was beautfiful so I was able to run in shorts and a t-shirt....won't be able to do that for much longer! After a break I tackled the ultracardioblast:eek: DM premix....this one will knock your socks off!

Today I've completed the BM2 bootcamp premix. It's formatted like the original Bootcamp workout, Cardio,legs,UB, abs...5 sequences and lasts 78 minutes....very tough but lots of fun! Later today I'll bike for an hour...or maybe an elliptical workout instead.

I'll come back for personals!

ShellyC

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 personals :7 :7 :7
Jess- You sound crazy busy as usual~ I didn't think you could resist getting the new workouts! You definitely WONT regret it at all:7 I get a kick out of reading how your daughters imitate you.
You are setting such a great example for them and they will have a lifetime of healthy living ahead of them!

Susan- So, is the halloween candy gone yet? OMG you are definitely not the only cheetah with a food obsession. There are certain food items I just cannot keep in the house or I will eat it until I explode!

Colleen- Best of luck to you with your play tonight!!!!

Mattea- It's snowy for you already! Do you have a treadmill or are you going to tough it out with your running this winter?

LD- I hope your cortisone shot helps. I'm glad to hear you will be wearing a splint at night for your PF. I've heard that it works really well.

Elaine- You definitely still rock!!!! How wonderful to hear of your commitment in support of your SIL....you are so special!

Carole- Hey, I picked up on your comment yesterday about your running faster....I figured all your lower body workouts would be paying off for you. So today you'll be doing the full B&G? I'd like to hear how you feel it compares to Cathe's other Lower Body workouts.

Christine- Wow, what a bummer about your NC trip!!! I sure hope you managed to get a refund!!!

Wendy- Already composing new workout mishmoshes! I'm just now exploring all the premixes! Please post what you concocted...
inquiring minds want to know!

Cathy- Another busy day for you I see! Hope you get in a good run.
Maybe tomorrow you can explore the new workouts.

Laurie- Wow, your post to Elaine was so touching! I especially liked what you said about being a zebra in a world of horses! No one can really understand the loss of a dear loved one until they've been there.

Okay, enough babbling. DH is anxious to be off to the flea market....he loves those!

ShellyC

Hi cheetahs!

Have a few moments right now, so I thought I'd check in :).

I hope everyone is doing well! No running for me until next Thursday, with my regular buddy run, and Saturday, with my other buddy run. Thank goodness I'll still have these folks to run with, otherwise I'd have a hard time getting myself out of bed to do it LOL. (Oh and Christine, you should come join us for our Saturday buddy runs sometime!! We're going to pick a different trail every week, to vary our runs)

I'm still a little disappointed with how I felt this past Thursday on my first run in a while. I really wish I wouldn't lose my running stamina so quickly (I only two 2 weeks off!!), but instead of whining about it, at least I am doing something--I'm committing to running at least 2 days a week this off-season (at the very least, 1 day a week, if for some reason I'm not able to make one of the buddy runs) so I can keep up my stamina. And every other week, I'm going to run 3 days a week, because I'd like to be able to have weeks where I can fit in another form of cardio (I do miss my Cathe DVD's during training season :), and especially now that I've discovered Low Max, I don't think I want to go more than two weeks without doing it!).

Anyway, that is the plan! Wish me luck :).

Jennifer

Good morning Cheetahs, Happy Saturday:)

Today, I went for my first outdoor run for the season. It was about 35/40 degrees. Boy, it's a fine art to firgure out what to wear for a fall run. I felt pretty warm but my fingers were very cold in the beginning but by mile 2 I was warmed up. I guess I need gloves next time (lol). The only thing about running outside is the distractions, do you guys find that? Someone asked me about the time, and then a few crazy guys honking, and then, there's the traffic lights and the entire process of getting ready (packing my water,cell phone, etc..)well, I digress ;) ...I managed to get in 8 miles.

It's still great to get a change in scenery, now for personals...

Wendy...By the way the NYC marathon is tomorrow and your mish-mosh sounds great!

Jess...I love PUB also, it goes by quickly and I really like the premixes.

Cathy...Enjoy your previews and I hope you get a chance to get in your run.

Carol...Very funny comment from your SIL about the NYC marathon:D, have fun with B&G.

Laurie...Have a good workout and good for you for listening to yur ankle, I think my right calf is giving me the same message;-).

Shelly....Thanks for the BM2 review, I think I may try that one tomorrow. You're right about LIC yesterday, I meant to say low impact not low intensity :), by the way, I coudn't get the music from that video out of my mind yesterday, I was humming tunes from that one all day :7 !

Mattea...I believe Combo 3 in LIC has the hardest blast, you have snow already? and I'm complaining about my cold fingers;-)

To everyone else, enjoy your workout and/or previews!

Have a great weekend!

Katrina:)

Well, I'm FINALLY done with my work out!

Here's what I did:

B&G warm up
B&G 1st 4 standing ex's
LIC step seg 1
B&G 2nd 4 standing ex's
LIC step seg 2
B&G last 4 stand ex's

(interrupted by DS wanting out of his crib. I had to wait a few hours until nap time to continue...)

BM2 warm up
BM2 step seg 1
BM2 upper body
B&G core
B&G stretch

If I had no interruptions the ORGINAL plan was to go from the last of the B&G ex's straight into the BM2 step seg 1 and upper body and then a stretch. I decided to add in the BM2 w/u and B&G core once I had been interrupted. }(

I'll be back w/more personals in a few!:)

ETA: My work out the other day with my run preceeding drillmax weight work was MUCH tougher than what I did today!!!

Hey everyone! I am finally starting to dig out of the mess in my office after being gone for a week. It takes me forever to catch up! So I have not been able to get on line much at work this past week.

Sounds like everyone has been doing some great workouts and enjoying Cathe's new DVD's! I just love them!

Wendy - that looks like a great mish mosh! Do you have a multi-disc player?

Katrina - I hear ya about the gloves! It was 25 degrees when I started out this morning, but warmed up to around 38, but I had my gloves on and I don't think I would have wanted to be without them! Great job on the 8 miler in the cold!

:7

Jennifer - That sounds like a good plan on how to keep your running up! You should be feeling back to normal soon after the 2 weeks off of running! I really like LowMax, too!

Shelly - I am jealous that you were able to run in shorts and a tshirt! I had tights, running pants, a Under Armour shirt, fleece, hat and gloves on! :+ But it was still fun and I warmed up after a while! I will have to try that DM premix!

Laurie and Elaine - I agree with the grieving and being okay once in a while and then out of the blue.....it just hits ya. Even for no reason. The tears will just start coming and it seems like they just will not stop. I, too, liked the comparison of the zebra and the horses.

Carole - So...did ya like B&Gs? I love it! Does a person have to have a qualifying time for NYC marathon like with Boston? I know that definitely leaves me out! (not that I would ever reach that distance, anyway)
:+

Cathy - Sounds like you have a busy Saturday planned! My weekend days got flipflopped this weekend, though. Sunday will be my busy, jampacked day and today was kind of peaceful. That hardly never happens! ;-)

Jess - Have fun at the bday party! Sounds like fun!!

This morning was a 7.84 mile run in the cold! It was great, though! I did not think I would ever be able to run in the cold, but I like it even better than warm weather, I think!

Hi to everyone else that I may have missed! I promise to try to do better at checking in this next week!

Linda

Hello everyone!

I am checking in late today due to visiting grandma and running some errands. I did the LIC workout. I really really liked it. I did find it hard not to jump around because I am so used to that. I really liked the weight sections and my heartrate was pretty steady the whole workout. This is a great one to do after a day that you did a lot of high impact. This would be a great one to add on to the step only portion of BM2 or BM1. I am going to go do Drill Max right now because I am so excited to try all of the workouts.

No time for chit chat becuase I am on a workout roll today. I will BBL!

Susan

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Drill Max!!!!!

I just finished the WHOLE thing and it was AWESOME!!!!

It is even pretty joint friendly. All the movements are very controlled. I love the work with the ball. It is such a creative workout. I like even better than bootcamp. My heartrate was in the 150-160's on the cardio portions and a lot of the leg work portions. I burned 600 calories which is a lot for me. Usually on the Imaxes I only burn about 300-350. I am just totally high right now.

Well, I just had to share. I have a guineau pig on my keyboard right now. My girls want my full attention. Have a great night ladies and I will see ya in the morning.

Nighty night,
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.