:: CHEETAHS :: Happy Friday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah babes! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

So glad it's
http://www.millan.net/minimations/toolminis/w_fridaybfly2.gif !! All is good, but the week has been a long one, packed with meetings, needy kids, and a heavy workload. I'll still have a pretty good chunk of grading to take home with me this weekend, but being able to get 'er done without interruptions will be welcome.

Enough rambling n' shop talk. Tonight's workout will be cardio TBD + 4DS premix #9 (back & bi's).

No personals to catch up with since I was last again last night.

Have a FABULOUS Friday, ladies! Will BBL this afternoon.

Good morning cheetah buds.....:7

cathy- i am with you on being happy it's friday!!

today starts my turbulence training workout. it's a fb workout using mostly compound exercises some weighted most using bodyweight. follwed by a 20 min ride on my bike!

ttyl babes:D

have a great day to all!

Greetings Friday Warriors!

***Please forgive my typos from yesterday. I hit post and signed off quickly y'day.

Sunny- turbulence training? Tell us more!

Cathy- 62 is fairly cold for kids (and teachers) sitting and trying to be attentive. This in one of my beefs about my dear brother's Thanksgiving dinner. he keeps his house at 60-62 degrees and I think everyone eats to get warm!!!

Thomassina/ Christine- Oh my, Cakebread Cabernet is delicious. We have a stock of it here. (DH has a large wine fridge) But a weekend on the couch is not worth it. Red wine will do that to me too if I have too much in too short a time. I have learned (the hard way) to be a sipper.... Christine I imagine you are re hydrated by now???

Carole- Congratulations to you and DH on 27 years! Every anniversary is a big one!!! This month is 24 for DE & I on 12/23.

Well I mailed my cards out yesterday so be watching...

Today should be an easy paced run. The temps are in the teens again. I'll have to decide how to go about it. TM or outdoors.

We didn't get out tree last night, but we did eat at Bonefish Grill. My kids are too funny. The 14 year DS old orders Ahi tuna rare with pan Asian sauce and eats the whole darn thing. DD orders salmon with the mango sauce. Tree shopping will have to be this weekend.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good mroning cheery Cheetahs!

Well, bad news, I overslept this morning so no workout. The good news is I get to check-in with ya's :7! I'm so excited about this that I just had to share. I shot my first 300 (perfect) game last night at bowling!!!!!!!!!! *Doing the happy dance*! I think I was most proud of myself for not tanking the last four shots, especially the last on (12). I think that was one of the best shots I threw that game. Someone on the other team just kept saying "breath"...I had no problem breathing but my legs were certainly "shakin' like a chihuahua!" It's so nice to have that first one under my belt and to *know* that when I have to get up and throw good shots I actually can deliver under pressure. In fact, the next game I had to throw the last four strikes for our team to win the game by 6 pins. I could have had a career night (high 3 game series) but, alas, it didn't happen. I am proud to say that I did throw 22 strikes out of the first 24 possible shots for the first two games!

Okay, I've probably bored you all to tears with the bowling talk :+...I'll shut up now!

Cathy - Had to lol at "Doesn't sound like much..." Are you nutso :eek: !?! I can't believe you were able to do all of that last night after S&H Legs...you rock!!! Although, how are those legs feeling today }(? So sorry that work has been so crammed for you and, I'm sorry, but you do *NOT* deserve to work in those conditions. It's no wonder you're fighting off a bug.

Sunny - It sounds like you've got a workout planned. I like the sound of that one. I love bodyweight only type exercises...they sneak up on you, don't they }(?

That's all Ive got for now since I caught up with everyone last night. Wishing everyone a fabulous Friday!

Hi Judy! You snuck in there while I was rambling away :p. Oh, too bad you didn't come home with your tree. It sounds like you had a great dinner though. I must say your DS and DD have excellent taste! Ooh, teens are not fun. I give you credit for even considering an outdoor run :eek:.

Good Moring Babes in Cheetah Land!:)

No time for personals at this moment. I have to go upstairs shortly to retrieve my munchkin but I just wanted to pop in and say good morning to my favorite group of women!:D

Although I will bbl for personals I MUST say CONGRATULATIONS on your FIRST 300 GAME to Wendi! WOO HOO! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/yay.gif[/IMG][/URL] Being married to an AVID bowler and having bowled for 10+ years myself, I KNOW how hard that is to accomplish and how very much most bowlers want to acheive it! YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system ;) ....

Today's work out is the 2nd go around of Chest and Back and ARX for the week! I JUST got over the DOMS from Monday's work out! Gotta love it! This morning I have a bit of backside DOMS from y'day's work out so although I wasn't a big fan of that mish-mish, I gather it was effective! }(

Alrighty, GTG for now but I'll BB!:)

Oh and a couple more things before I go....

I got my Cheetah grab bag gift y'day! I'm so excited!:)

I ordered my grab bag purchase online and had it sent directly to the appropriate Cheetah but there were no gift options available so I don't think the label will show it coming from me. After it shipped I realized that I should have written the recipient's name as "Cheetah Jane Doe" so that you'd know what it was when it came. So anyway...if someone gets a box from a company they didn't order anything from you can bet your butt it's the cheetah gift from me! LOL Sorry for being such a goof! I am HOPING that inside on the shipping paperwork it atleast has my name under the billing area but who knows!:p

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I whole-heartedly concur with the TGIF!!! I’m feeling much, much better today. I’m thinking I’ll be doing BMax 2 Scrambled Eggs (cardio only) or some other step workout this morning. I want to test the achilles so I figured that’s the way to do it. :+ It’s an icky rainy day. I would love to curl up and stay at home, but oh well… This weekend I have to get my tree up, and start wrapping presents!!! I did get wrapping paper and the likes yesterday. And I sent my Secret Santa gift. So, it’s on it’s way!

Cathy – You are too funny! “Doesn’t sound like much.” Right. My legs were shaking reading it! Hope the grading goes well!

Sunny – Enjoy your Friday! I’d be interested in learning more about turbulence training, too! Sounds interesting. Snow Angel workouts from Spinervals? No, I haven’t. Are they new? I haven’t been to the Spinerval site for ages. I’ll have to check it out today!

Judy – Those fish dishes sound wonderful! My 14 yo loves fish, too. I’m with you on the tree shopping this weekend. Which will be interesting as all the trees will be WET! So I’ll have to get it Saturday and let it sit in the garage overnight to dry. Joy.

Wendi – GREAT JOB ON YOUR 300!!! If I ever managed to score above 100, I’d be thrilled. I’m in awe of you! That is so cool. WAY TO GO!

Wendy – I’m actually happy to be smart enough not to go out like that very often. Next time, I will stick to my guns not going out. Sounds like you have a great rotation there! You’re too funny, Wendy. I’m chuckling at your Cheetah grab gift!

Jackie – I know there are things we can do much better than 20 yos. And honestly drinking like that is not on my agenda any longer, and I’m happy!

Thomasina – You had me rolling on the floor laughing, especially as it sounds very familiar, except it was a tan marble floor. Fortunately, my kids were not with me! DH is still teasing me, though. I so rarely drink more than I can handle – I HATE hangovers! I am definitely in cleansing mode!!!

Well, I guess I should start getting ready for my workout. I'm looking forward to this one! I've missed a good step workout! It's snowing in Tahoe so that means we might have a ski season this year! Happy, Happy Friday All!

Good morning cheetahs

Thank you all for your well wishes for my Anniversary. My DH brought 27 red roses to my shop. They are beautiful! It was pouring down rain last night (and we wanted to watch Football) so he went to an Italian restaurant and brought home 2 different dinners, Fetticine Alfredo and Eggplant Parmigiana, I was stuffed and feel like I have to workout for hours now!!...:)

Cathy...Way to go with the lunges and wall squats last night. Looks like you are loving the EXT! We usually just do dinner for our Anniversary, maybe by 30 we can try for something more special. The run in the rain was great, no pain! LMAO at 62 degrees being balmy!! I would sure think that the chill and drafts could be NOT good for the immune system. Enjoy your cardio and 4DS premix. Also, thanks for the X-mas card!

Sunny...turbulence training sounds interesting...yes, thank god it is friday!

Judy...so you also have an Anniversary coming up...:)..I do hope we can get a small tree this weekend. I would say your kids like fish!...enjoy your run.

Wendi...http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/19.gif[/img] on the 300 game!!! 4 strikes in a row under pressure is awesome!

Jackie...I love my 5 disc DVD player and I hope you are able to get one. I would hate my DVD's freezing like that. I bet you are a bit burned out on racing now...you did a lot of them!! I like the 3 person relay, we were going to do it last year but my sister ended up being sick so we missed it. Thanks re the pics...WOW! 20 degrees, hope you got your soup!!

Wendy...looks like a good lower body workout yesterday, and then an iTread! I just might let my DH read your post from yesterday about our Anniversary...thanks...:D...Have fun with C&B back again today.

Christine...thanks for the beautiful Anniversary pic! Glad you liked the pics...the coaster was awesome! Glad you are feeling better today and have fun with Scrambled eggs...

Tomasina...yes, B&G is a killer on the legs. I had DOMS yesterday from it! Thanks re my Anniversary and pics...I think there is a half in Chico in March, and flat. It was called the Bidwell Classic. I felt that too yesterday as it was raining, but felt later than it really was.

Wendi...No pain during my 4 mile run yesterday!! Glad you liked the pics. the coaster ride was very fast and quite fun.

So happy my run yesterday was pain free. I did blow off the C&B workout though as my arms were still sore from SB&T Tues. So today will be 4DS C&B, abs and 30 to 40 min of cardio TBD.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning, Cheetahs. I'd like to pick your brains, if I may. As you know, I'm following a Body For Life 12 week challenge rotation. I am closing out week 10 this weekend...2 TO GO! I have a HM at the end of April, and I'll begin training for it after the new year hits. A few questions, if you don't mind indulging me when/IF you get a chance:

1...3 month or 4 month training schedule? Either Jan 1st of Feb 1st start? Which would YOU say would be more beneficial...keeping in mind that I'm currently running up to 7 miles at a time. Which would YOU do?

2...BFL has me using HEAVY weights, maxing out on the final rep. I think, regardless of whether I start training Jan or Feb 1st, the whole month of Jan is going to NOT be heavy weight work, more endurance. But after that, I'm not sure if heavy weight work for the rest of the training is optimal for lower body. What are your thoughts?

3...I'm also considering a P90X rotation starting in Feb (BF bought it for me...what a sweety, lol), and am wondering how you all combined P90X, (half)marathon training, and/or Cathe. (Carole, I still have a copy of the rotation you gave me that you used to mix up the X, Cathe and running, so thanks AGAIN for that).

4...and MOST IMPORTANTLY...can I come back and join you on a more regular basis SOON? lol

Gayle

I am not "qualified" to give you advice on what you are asking, Gayle but I just wanted to say....

YAY YAY YAY about the X!!!! I'm soooo excited for you! I started my 2nd go-around with it on Monday!}(

and

Ofcourse you are welcome to re-join us on a regular basis when your BFL rotation is complete!:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Kristi - I resisted the temptation to open the box. But, I still look at it. :)

Judy - No tree? Hope you find just the right one. Glad you enjoyed dinner.

Thomasina - Laughing at you painting the walls of your garage while DH is at work. That's the way to do it girl! :) Yep, white is just too plain. The blue sounds beautiful. I'm already thinking ahead to a peachy kind of color but I don't know what other color I might want in there just yet.

Wendi - I'm 5'2 1/2". Believe me, I claim my 1/2 too. Butternut squash soup sounds yummy. The cold is much better today. Somebody turned some heat on. Congratulations on the perfect game!! You rock!!

Cathy - Nice workout yesterday. How are the legs today? I think the iYogas would be more power yoga. Most of the time I just do Grace's and pick and choose the parts I want to do. Hope you get to do a little relaxing over the weekend.

Sunny - Enjoy your turbulence training workout! What is it?

Wendy - Have a great workout today! Glad that mish mosh gave you some DOMS.

Christine - Glad you're feeling better. Good luck with Scrambled Eggs and the achilles.

Carole - That was so sweet of dh with the 27 roses. And, then he went out and got dinner. Too sweet. I'm hoping my DVD player will last until Christmas. While I was doing my workout this morning, the picture went out for about a minute and came back on. I still had sound though. Glad your run was pain free. Enjoy your workout today.

Gayle - I used the 4 months training for my halfs. Worked fine even though I was already doing a lot of running. You're always welcome to come back any time.

Shelly - Where are you?

Hello to all others.

I did 4DS Boot Camp this morning. Enjoyed it.

Gotta get to work. Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! No time yesterday to post:( I got in AllbodyAttack in the morning and started working the legs again (felt good!) I had 4 hrs of meetings at my hospital x( and then finally finished up my Christmas shopping:7 Of course I still haven't done any decorating or wrapping. I am determined to at least get the cheetah Christmas cards out this weekend though.
It's absolutely nasty weather out now. Very windy and rainy and cold. Hopefully we'll have some snow this weekend or by next Tues!

Gayle- Great to see you posting! Goodness girl, you know you don't need to ask no permission to "come back"!!! We're delighted to have you join us whenever. Great job on your Body for Life rotation almost completed!!! Hey, you're a pro at running and training for half marathons by now! Anyway, I would think considering your fitness level now 3 months would certainly be plenty. I think you'll absolutely LOVE a p90x rotation BTW!

Wendy- Busy getting all cut and chiseled now :7 :7 Not that you weren't before though! Bet you will look absolutely awesome after this round of X!

Wendi- Congratulations on your perfect 300 game!!! I am absolutely awed at this accomplishment!! Is there anything you can't do well????

Judy- Have a nice chilly run! Personally, I'd opt for the TM but I am a classic cold weather weenie I'm afraid!

Sunny You're turbulence training workout sounds intriguing!!....
not to mention sweaty and hard! Is it a rotation you devised yourself?

Cathy- A huge TGIF for you I guess! It'll feel nice and cathartic to get in a sweaty workout later today!
Unfortunately it's my monday.... back to work tonight!

Carole- Loved your e-mail of the Christmas tree;-)
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ Wow 27 yrs! Thanks for providing Karen's info for the pics. I'll go over to the site after this to check out her race pics. I've been considering doing the Salt Lake City marathon next April. We have friends there we'd like to visit and it sounds like a nice race. Sounds like you had a good first post race run yesterday! I'll probably try one tomorrow.

Christine- Glad to hear that you made it safely back from Chicago!
Even tho you did have to deal with a hangover! Hope your step workout goes well for you and your Achilles tendon doesn't trouble you.

Lori- Checked out your latest pics... your DS is just too cute!!!

Time to get busy here. I'll be doing IMAX2 and Amy's HILoext.
Hopefully I can get some presents wrapped today also before my nap.

tata y'all

ShellyC

Hi Jackie! Posting at the same time:) :) I'm well and good thanks, just trying to get caught up ya know! BC is a nice sweaty way to start your day! Have a good one!

Shelly

Hi ladies,

i just read the posts, unfortunately no time for personals, however since you all asked re: turbulence training i wanted to give you the website info, www.ttmembers.com. You can visit the website for information however to get the workouts there is a fee charged.

Have to say loved my workout this morning!!!:7 }(

Hi Girls.

I spoke to Joey's Neurologist about an hour ago. His EEG was clear! He's going to begin the weaning off process tomorrow!!! He'll be med free in 3 months! YAY! The doc wants to do one more EEG in 4 months just to be sure that he is OKAY. I also have to take him for bloodwork this month since he is still going to be on the med for a bit longer.

Just wanted to share!

Needless to say, DH and myself are ecstatic!

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts ladies!:)

Wendy- That is fantastic news about Joey!

Well I opted for a TM run 6.3 easy paced miles.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

TY Judy!:)

Well, no time for personals as I have lots to do in little time but just wanted to report that my work out is done.

Chest and Back and ARX are history! I changed it up a bit today and did the standard push ups and mason twist on the BOSU! Definately a good challenge!}(

BBL girls!:)

Good afternoon ladies,
Well, I knew I was due for another injury soon since my track record this year has not been too good. I was doing Imax 2 and all of sudden my hip started feeling tight, but it did not hurt, it just felt tight. So, of course I had too finish my workout and just kept stepping away and then all of sudden my hip was on fire. I did not hear a pop or anything like that, but just major soreness in the hip flexor groin area. I iced it right away and took some Ibuprofin. I woke up this morning and it is still really sore. So, I am taking a rest day today and praying that this is not going to be long term thing, UGHHHHHHH! I tell ya I am wondering if my ole body just can't take the pounding anymore. I hope not because I so LOVE to do all that high impact stuff}( I am not going to let it get me down though. I will just rest and it will get better, right?????

I did get all my xmas cards out though. It really is amazing how much extra time you have during the day when you take a rest day;-)

I have to run and go get my little one from school, but just wanted to say hi and let cha know what I am up to. I will try to get back for personals , but have a chiro appointment so I am short on time today.

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

i am at work and don't have time for personals. i did get to workout this morning. i didi the step/hi-lo premix from SJP and the Combos 1,2,3 from SB. it was a great sweatfest!

i am still in a bit of a funk over the DF stuff. he does not seem able to get past what happened (which was his mother's manipulative tactics and not my fault). now, he's saying that i shouldn't go home with him for the holidays because he's afraid it would be "uncomfortable" for his mother. WTF is that supposed to mean?!?! he alluded to something like his mom thinks i manipulated him and the family by making her ask what our plans were. i think she thinks i put the idea in her head and she just had to ask (or some BS like that). once again, WTF??? i am really getting over this. he has NEVER acted this way before. his mother appears to be filling his head with stories and he doesn't tell me or ask me what is true or not true. i really feel like i should just cut it all off, but i don't want to make any rash decisions and we have been together for a while and it would be a shame to throw it away. on the other hand, it would be a shame to stay and be treated so poorly. i am just so sick of everything. especially, the whole year we have been planning on going to his house and celebrating the holidays together and with his family and now, it seems we won't be celebrating the holiday at all. he'll be going home and then back to work so i won't see him at all even near christmas since he would be leaving the week before and coming back the day after then going to work the next day. isn't that lovely?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.