::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Friday, 10/6

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone, & happy Friday!!

I am up early - thought I'd try to squeeze in part of my workout BEFORE school, but even though I am awake -- I'm BEAT! (Stayed up too late last night w/ Grey's and Six Degrees.) And yet I couldn't sleep in a little later! So here I am...groggy-eyed. Anyway, last night I wound up doing just GS CT. Today I'm striving for cardio, and if I can squeeze it in w/ my early dinner plans, maybe GS BSB. If not, that'll wait til Saturday.

Now off to catch up with yesterday's thread. Be back shortly.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

OK, catching up from yesterday...

Barb :: you got me chuckling about the extra protein w/ the gnats. :) Ugh. But hey, at least they didn't go up my nose. *lol*

Wendy :: have fun w/ the stroller! Let us know how it goes.

Carole :: hope the stomach issues are resolved from the other day. How was John's first day home?

Sunny D :: I’m on board with you & the others here…I found your friend’s hubby’s comment kinda curious. Does he object to her working out, period, or is it just running?

Karen :: so, did you decide on whether or not you’ll do the race?

Christine :: yeah, absolutely…bad runs do happen…When they go THAT wrong, I just laugh ‘em off. So, wait - which job is it you're referring to? The one at hubby’s company or another? If you posted that already, I somehow missed it. I've been very curious to see what you’d ultimately decide.

Jess :: sorry about all the snafus you’ve been having on top of your grandmom being so ill. I love the GS series, too – I feel like a BEAST when I do those. *lol* Enjoy the visit with your brother. Where is he normally stationed?

Susan :: how’s your knee? What you described does sound like sciatica to me. I used the get those pains occasionally (this was years ago) but it was never severe enough to warrant treatment. Usually, it would go away on its own after a couple of hours. And I know what you mean about being obsessed…that’s why I get annoyed w/ my current schedule and not being able to work out as much as I’d like!

Shelly :: great to see you again…sorry about the adductor problems. That bites! I’m glad you’re going the cautious route. When I had AT, I think it was more excruciating to NOT run than it was to deal with the pain…but as you know, that’s NOT the smart way to recover. Best of luck to you for a speedy healing!!

Hi to Judy, Laurie, Kim, and everyone else who might be stopping in today. It truly is getting harder and harder to keep up with all the new names, so I won't even try to list 'em all - I'm sure my brain can't handle it at this hour. :)

TGIF-
Cathy :)

Good morning cathy,

I am up also very early. however i am trying desperately to get rid of this grogginess so i can go workout in a few mins. I have p90 masters cardio intervals on tap and in the afternoon going to the gym for a sculpt class.

hello- to shelly!! even though i am new i still would like to say welcome back.

christine-congrats on the new job offer!!

ttyl:)

Hi Cheetahs--

Cathy & Sunny -- getting rid of the morning grogginess is a full body/mind challenge. I am trying to get in a leg workout, short run and then do the elliptical tonight at the gym...

Cathy - hope you squeze in the cardo this afternoon, but if not, that's what weekends are for.

Sunny -- you have a fun workout(s) planned. How do you like the P90 masters series? Is it worth having?

Shelly--welcome back! We've missed you. I'm sorry about the injury. Easy to accidentally get back into running to hard and not realize that rest is what you need. I'm glad you still have a lot of time before your marathon. Maybe the rest will ultimately be something you look back on a an unexpected gift? Smart to get back into it slow & steady...I have avoided official speework since my hip/ITB strain a few years ago.

Susan--sorry about the knee--it happens to all of us. Hope it feels better today. If not, some days of XT'g may help. You have been running a lot of miles since your race. You may also want to shorten some of your mid-week runs and see if over time that helps. 6 miles 2x midweek may be too much. Maybe 1 of those runs could be 4 miles -- no IMAxing -- and then add back the 2 miles to your long run or add 1 of the 2 miles back to your long run.
After you heal, trying organizing the miles differently. I sympathize with the OREO problem...

Christine--Fabulous about the job offer! You are up on the block ready to go very soon. You are going to do GREAT in your race.

Back for more personals later!
-Barb
:) :)

Good early morning Cheetahs!! I'm up & going to do KPC in a minute. I got most of our stuff packed so once I'm done I'll get ready, get the girls up & we can get moving!

I have to make a stop at the DMV on the way. We decided not to get the repairs done on the car, it's just not worth the money. So we're switching the plates to our old van (which we haven't sold yet, thank God!), and Greg can drive that for now. It was just one of those days y'day.....

I'll try to post from my Mom's computer when I get a chance. I'm so excited, we get to pick my brother up from the airport tonight!! Cathy ~ He's been in training in Fort Bragg getting ready to go over to Iraq.

OK, gotta get in KPC & get movin'!! Have a great day & wonderful weekend!! Good luck to the racers!!!

OK, I'm done! And I have to share this cute story about my 5yo. She is my early bird & she woke up when I was just starting the abs part (ah, almost done!). She says, I like Cathe. I said me too. She said, she's pretty but not as pretty as my Mommy. Awwww, I love that kid!! :) Then she grabbed her little ball & tried to do the pikes- she was rolling all over. Hilarious! And then she did the stretches w/ me.

Now I'm off to shower & get going!

Shelly ~ You're not the only injured Cheetah so you'd better get yourself back to posting here! I am having IT band issues since the marathon & haven't been able to run other than a short attempt on Tues. I'm going to have to take some time off too. Sorry you've been feeling down! I'm concentrating on what I can do- kickin' my butt w/ the Gym Styles & KPC!! ;-)

Anyway, glad to see you again!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Grey's was good. I like Survivor too! Hope you will be able to squeeze in some cardio..Thanks, my stomach was much better yesterday. Actually John went to this big compound where they play baseball and some other sports. He went to watch his frineds play baseball...sounds like his first day back was good...:)

SunnyD...hope you wake up soon!! I also hope my coffee kicks in soon!

Barb..sounds like a tough workout for you. I had a great Elliptical workout yesterday, I did one of the harder programs on the machine and I got thru it (the programs on the Elliptical automatically change the resistance during the workout and let you know if you are not going fast enough!)..have a good workout.

Jess..have fun with KPC. That is so awesome you get to see your brother!!! Enjoy...:)

I am doing MM shoulders & tri's, then a 5 mile run.

Going back to yesterdays thread to catch up...:)

Karen...have you decided about the race yet?

Christine...I think you will do very well on the half!!! I was shocked to read it was only 15 min away!!! Thank you as I was feeling better yesterday..I get flare-ups of IBS on occasion. John had a good day yesterday and should be going to my other nephews Adam Wedding this Sat!!! Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...:)..CONGRATS on the job!! 3 weeks vacation....that is great!!

Judy...thanks, John is doing good! great workouts you have done..

Barb...I just use the Elliptical for X training. But who knows, the next time I train for a long event I might sub it for some running...No, I have not tried that recipe but the portabello fajitas are to die for!!

Susan...sorry about your sore knees. Hope your upper body workout was fun.

Laurie...thank you, I did get in my workout yesterday and I have some glute DOMS! I bet Mowmax is a great workout...glad to hear your ankle is getting better...:)

Shelly...I have missed you! I tried to PM you but it came back...:(...so sorry about your adductor!! I have pushed too hard with injuries myself so don't feel bad. You can run with the horse next year..:)...take it easy and I bet you will be feeling much better for the marathon in Jan.

Have a great day cheetahs...:)

ACK! That's what I have to say!x(

Yet another attempt (#3 I believe) to run in the park with my friend has been foiled! ACK ACK ACK!x( x( x(

This time it's because of the weather! It has started to rain and I don't have a plastic shield for this stoller yet. ;(

I guess it's off to the gym with us this morning...better go check the batteries in my MP3 player!

I'll be back later-sorry for being such a grouch!:p

Good Morning All,

Cathy, Hope you get in your cardio today. Have a good day at school.

Sunny, Have with the P90 workout. It sounds like a good one.

Barb, Have a great day.

Christine, Congrats on you job offer. I am glad you got one that you are happy about.

Jess, I am glad your car situation is working out. Have fun visiting with your brother. What a cute story with your 5 year old. What a great age.

Carole, Have fun on your run. I really feel stiff lately and feel like I am coming down with a cold. Its a long 6 hours down to the race and we are taking the 6 children. Normally, we take 3. It will be a lot more getting everyone ready and out of my brother in laws house by 7:00 in the am. Don't know if I have the energy to do that this weekend.

Hi to everyone else. I have to go pack incase we end up going. I am going to try a 2 mile run and L&G standing today so if it works out to run I am ready.

Have a great weekend.

Hi Cheetahs...sorry I don't normally post here but was wondering if you had any advice for me? I posted this in the open discussion forum as well, but I know you are the running pros! I'd appreciate any insight!

I need some advice from all the runners out there! I just ran my first half marathon in Chicago last weekend and it was amazing. I even beat my goal! Unfortunately, when I got home that night, I rolled my ankle and ended up with a sprain! I was immediately upset, as I am hoping to continue my training and hope to run the Rock n' Roll marathon in Arizona on January 14th! I need some advice on getting back on track, how long to wait before I run, etc. I am terrified of getting far behind on my long runs! I am taking this entire week off and am hoping to get back into things next week? Maybe just start with some walking/biking? I have been doing ice, rest, compression and elevation. The swelling is just about gone. The bruises are still there. I have a little stiffness and soreness, but the range of motion is nearly normal and it doesn't hurt when I walk on it. Any advice? Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have on this!

-Thea

Good Morning Lovely Cheetah Ladies! Happy Friday!

Today is Yoga. How odd to say that, but I’m looking forward to it. I officially start my new job on the 16th, and I’m very excited. I’m still feeling strong and healthy *knocks on wood* so at this moment, all is very well in my little world. I’m going out to lunch with DH, then it’s off to a High School football game at 3:15 (we have to use another high school’s field as the lights from our own stadium and the noise bothers the residents around the school – I’m not even going to go into how interesting I find people who buy a house by a high school and expect quiet :p).

Oh, and for inquiring minds… I decided NOT to take the one at DH’s company even though it was more money. I really like working for a medium sized business that is growing in a major way and where everyday is chaotic and something new. DH’s company is older and very established, and the job would probably be created just for me, meaning there would not be a lot to do. Besides, when I looked at the compensation plan, knowing what the company does in a year, DH’s company was not paying THAT much more.

Cathy- Good luck getting in your cardio! I’m cheering for you!! And I answered your question about the job above – was going to respond to you alone, but I figured everyone was kind of curious about how my latest drama played out.

Sunny – enjoy your morning with Tony! I’m also curious about the P90 Masters. I have P90X, but something slightly less intense might be fun.

Barb – from your lips to God’s ears about the race!! :) I’m excited!

Jess - So sorry to hear about the car. Can you sell it for parts? I don’t blame you about getting the repairs done, though. I swear they make cars to fall apart after so many years so you HAVE to buy new ones anymore! How’s your Grandma? And how sweet about your 5 yo.

Carole – Enjoy your run! I’m really glad to hear that John’s first day back was good! That’s really wonderful!!

Wendy – I think you just don’t want to run with the stroller… :p I’m sorry to hear your run was foiled. You can be as grouchy as you want here, so no worries…

Karen – Good luck deciding! And have fun!

Thea – you’ve come to the right place, and welcome! I think Carole gave you some great advice on the open forum. I can only add – rest for a while to see. And ice it whenever you’re on it too much. It sounds like you’ll be fine if you just rest it a bit longer, and take it easy for a few weeks. You won’t get far behind, and if you push it too hard you may end up not being able to run at all. You’ll do well!

hi again ladies,

today was my first time using one of the masters workouts and i must say i really liked it. the cardio is not cathe intensity but it was absolutely perfect for a friday morning when you haven't quite woke up yet and you are tired from working out all week but still want/need to do something. tony sure is quirky but i like him.

Jess-have fun with KPC and your visit with your brother.

Carole-I love using the elliptical machine. I plan on taking a look at some of the IClimbs.

Wendy-sorry the rain spoiled your plans:-( . it's supposed to rain all weekend here (starting with today). I wanted to do my longer run outside on sunday, so we'll see. we are also supposed to take the kids to a fair this weekend...x(

karen- are you signed up?

christine-congrats again on the new job. money is no subsitute for happiness. sounds like you make a good decision!! can you recommend a good beginners yoga?

hello, to all that follow.

have a great day ladies...

Sunny - I'm probably not the one to ask as I don't have a lot of patience with yoga... I do better in a good class than I do with a video. However, I do recommend Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes as it's more of a stretching video that uses traditional yoga poses and he tells you why you're doing each pose. That's the one I started with and I still use that one.

Hello fit cheetahs!

I don't have a lot of time right now, but just checking in. I am going to run an easy slow 4 miles outside this morning and then do a long stretch and see how the sciatica is doing. The only time it really hurts is when I sit for a long period of time. I am definitley going to really watch it though. Thanks for all your motivation guys. I truly appreciate all of you. And, I promise, NO OREOS today.

I am off to take kiddies to school. I will check back later.

Susan

Greetings ::Cheetahs::

This will be long, but I need to share.

Today's run was scary. My friend and I had an 8 mile run planned. at about mile 4 we were running on a road that has a wooded area after coming up a hill. ( note: note limited sight distance) We were going along on the left side against traffic and a man is on the oppostite side of the road. He has his head covered with what appears to be his shorts. He is wearing no shorts and gestures to us. Then he lifts his shirt and he is naked. We were far from our cars and did not bring our phones.
Later in the run we saw a man running (of about the same body build) coming towards us. There is no way to identyfy him. I called 911 when returning to the car and gave a report of the incident. There is a bus stop very close to where the incident occurred. I also called a freind who is a retired detective. It seems to us that the man knew we were coming and popped out of the woods as we approached.

ETA: I just got a call from a friend who lives in the area. I called her to alert her. She was outside with her kids and told the neighbors. One of the neighbors saw a man with no pants on running towards a car. He got in the car and drove off. They got the plate number. Lets hope they catch up with him. Geez, it is a sad world when we can't even run in our own suburban towns without getting flashed by some pervert.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Wow Judy, that would be scary. I hope they find out who did it.

I ran my 2 miles today and actually had fun. That is a first. I decided to do the race. I didn't sign up yet. At these races you can sign up the day of the race if you want. That's good for me as you can tell how indecisive I can be.

Ok-
personals-

Christine- I hope you like the new job. Your enthusiasm for it is positive. :)

Wendy- I feel your frustration with the rain. When plans change it can be hard to get motivated again.

Barb- How is your recovery week going? Your still working hard!

Carole- Thanks for the coment on my workouts this week. Coming from you that is a real compliment! I hope the wedding that your nephew attends is a positive experience for him and all who love him.

Susan- I hope your knees stop aching. Barb gave you some good advice...

SunnyD- I am not familiar with the masters workouts. how do you rate them?

Shelly and Thea- injuries can really test our patience. Especially when we are so used to that 'endorphin hi' after a great run. But play it safe so you can be running again injury free.

Karen- good luck on deciding whether to race or not race.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Judy--that is scary and awful to have to be scared/upset by this on a run. I am really glad you and your friend are safe and I hope this guy gets caught. I guess on the upside -- you ran a long way! WTG Cheetah. That is so unsettling...though....

-Barb
:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.