::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Fri. the 13th

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

Didn't have a chance to post again last night. Since it wasn't raining in the afternoon, I was able to get outside (yay!) for a 5.85 mile run. No time for weights. Would like to squeeze in some type of cardio this afternoon, but some shopping & dinner plans may be coming together, so I'll have to play by ear.

Am gonna go catch up with yesterday's posts & get to some personals.

Have a great Friday, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- sounds like you had an excellent run yesterday!

christine- your pics look awesome!!

susan- i really hope your sciata stops acting up.:-( at least there's always cathe:)

linda- a well deserved rest day:)

laurie & shelly- Metabolic effect class in a nut shell is a 30 minute class to designed to get and keep your heart rate up. you do compound exercises and in between high impact cardio burts. you are supposed to go as fast and hard as you can to maximize the burn.

wendy- do you have trails and hills close to where you live? i looked around for a 5 miler to do after the 5k and haven't found anything in my area:-( . i did find a 10k (for next year) that sounds really interesting!

carole- excellent workout. i'd bet your legs are in excellent condition.

judy- what a great workout! i need to find some hills in my area. when i go to the track i run up and down the stadium stairs.

laura- how cool!! like everyone else you can do it. i am signed up to take the turbokick cert. class next sat. at my gym. i would love to be an instructor however like you i am terrified of being in the front of clas with everyone staring at me...

hello to all the fabulous cheetahs!!

Ok ladies, i'm off for a spin and abs class at the gym.

ttyl...:)

Catching up from yesterday...

Sunny :: KPC’s my fave kb workout, too. Yesterday, though, it was a backup plan in the event of rain. UGH…when I read about the jumping! You mean you LIKE to jump? *lol*

Laura :: hope you enjoyed your rest day, if you took one. The boot camp class sounds like a great opportunity…I’m sure you’ll be great. Once you get the first class under your belt, I’ll bet the nerves disappear.

Wendy :: thanks for the detailed review of Kirsch’s workout! :) I have a feeling I probably won’t like it…I hardly use my new Jari Loves just because I hate straying from Cathe! I just bought SS a few weeks ago…it’s not at the top of my list, but I do plan to keep it and work it in from time to time. Thanks, though! On the downhill, you should try to keep the same pace that you would have on a flat surface…it takes some getting used to since the normal tendency is to want to slow down. The more you run hills and work at it, though, you’ll get it.

Judy :: sounds like you had a great workout. Yes, I did manage to get in a nice run after our trip. They can be draining!

Carole :: I agree…the weight can definitely affect these things. Usually my bunion doesn’t bother me much in warm weather…possibly because I wear flip flops and go barefoot a lot. When we go back to school and I start wearing work shoes, then it flares up. But so far, so good.

Jess :: glad you had such a nice surprise from the UPS man. I can’t make any suggestions, sorry—I’m not a “step person.” But have fun w/ your new toys! :)

Christine :: great pic! Seriously! How did you manage not to look sweaty?? Our class went to a place called Batsto in the NJ Pinelands.

Susan :: maybe it’s time to get that sciatica checked out? You looked really strong in those pics. Thanks for sharing. PS…I caved in and bought the OREO’s last night…arggghh!!

Linda :: another flattering pic – you do not look like a chicken at all! I think the cheetahs are way too hard on themselves. I think you all look like fitness mag models!

Shelly :: good luck with today’s run. Hope the adductor behaves!

Hi to Karen, Barb, Laurie, Elaine, Jennifer, and anyone else who drops in.

BTW, I had a dream about the cheetahs last night! Too funny. It was a cheetah get-together...Carole, Christine, and Wendy were there and a few others whose faces I apparently didn't "see" in the dream, plus one of the teachers from my work (have no idea how SHE got in there!) Anyway, I was really surprised to see some West Coast cheetahs in the house! :)

Well, gotta get ready for school. TGIF!
Cathy :)

Morning Cheetahs!!!!

Christine: Thanks for the motivation! You are such a sweetie! I am petrified of doing this but if I succeed I will be on top of the world!:+ :+ :+ The only drawback to starting now is that I'll likely be chased strictly indoors relatively quickly because of the weather. I figure, though, that I have so much time that I can repeat part of the training outdoors once it gets nice out if I'm worried. }( Great pic from the half, btw! I haven't even gotten the official results from my 5 miler yet! Soooo freakin' slow! x(

SunnyD: The trails and hills in my area are pretty much strictly found in the parks. Don't worry...you'll find a 5 miler!}(

Cathy: I have gotten used to "straying" from Cathe so it doesn't bother me anymore like it used to...I no longer feel like I'm CHEATING on her cause I know I'll always go back! ;) :p :7 }( I love Jari's stuff! Nice run y'day! I need to work on 6 miles now that I've got 5 under my belt!}(

My plan for today is a run in the park after I drop DS off this morning. My running friend is not available today but I've got a hankering for a nice o/d run so I'm gonna go for it anyway instead of taking "the easy way out" and going to the gym instead!;)

Okay...off to peruse the forums some more while I drink my java!:9

Ciao Chicas!:*

wendy- I am right there with you on a good out door run today. I too have to get the kids off to school first. I really will be enjoying the last few fridays that I have off before starting my new job. I then will be working mon-fri. but only 6.5 hr days. I willmiss having a full day off like I do now but either way has there pro's and cons. I only work 32hrs a week and the new job needed me daily but less hrs a day.

christine,sunnydelight and Linda thanks for the encouragement on instructing. I use to be really shy and would even take a failing grade as to get up to do a verbal report in front of a class. I am much better now that I am older but still a little nervous. I just worry about it flowing smoothly and working them out hard enough. I will definately throw some stuff I learned from cathe in there. Those air jack are killers. any suggestions from people are more than welcome. anything goes in this class. sprints,pushups,tricep dips,bunny hops,hopping on on foot,bear crawls,walking lunges,side shuffles,wall jumps, etc.... I want to really make the class challenging and give people results!!

carole when I just go up 5lbs in wt I can tell a big difference, especially in my endurance with running too. My problem is I like to eat way TOO MUCH! I have to learn to get my eating under better control and I know I could be so lean. I am so close and can see myself there,its just doing it. The eating part has always been the hard part for me. I have always been good with the exercising.

I will chat later with everyone,have a great friday!!:)

Go Wendy Go!! You are soooooooo freakin' awesome!!! have a great run today and i hope you enjoy your AC weekend.

cathy- i am crazy, i know..lol

I am not sure what i am gonna do about getting in my long run. I've been taking a rest day of sat. and doing my longer runs (trying to increase my length) on sundays'. well tomorrow i am participating in a walkathon to help cure diabetes (4 miles). so i am not sure how my legs will hold up after working them out all week. I guess i will have to play it by ear.

laura- i am right there with you on the instructing and the eatingx(
with all the working out/running i do i should be much leaner than i am but my eating has got to get better. ahhhhhh, tommorrow is always another day, lol

ttyl.....

Laura,

You are not alone! I LOVE TO EAT TOO! }( That is also the thorn in my side, so to speak, when it comes to really leaning out!

I love to exercise so I do that w/o any issue but controlling the food can be MUCH harder for me! I did the calorie staggering thing to lose weight after giving birth and it worked really well but keeping such close track of everything I put in my mouth got old fast. I think I'll have to be super motivated to be able to do that again! Ofcourse I was counting micro-nutrients then which made it tougher. I could try just keeping track of calories and fat to make it easier and see if that works.

Hmmm...I'll have to consider that!:)

Pssst! Hey everyone! I just wanted to let y'all know that Gayle (banslug) is cheating on us!!!:eek: :7 :7 :7 She is checking in on the October rotation thread!!!! Why hasn't she come to say hello to her Cheetah friends??? :-( :p

Sunny, You are just as awesome as I, girl! WE ARE ALL AWESOME!!!:+

Good morning everyone!

Cathy - Great job on the outside 5.85 run!! I feel sooo much better when I am able to get outside! Thanks for the compliment on the pic! I agree, we are too hard on ourselves . I am thankful that I am even able to exercise. I need to always remember that! :7

Wendy - I had "Marathon Training for Mortals". But I have searched my house upside down and cannot find it anywhere! I don't know what happened to it. I am going to go to the bookstore tonight and try to get Hal Higdon's book. I have been reading "Runner's World Complete Book of Running for Women". They have some good training schedules in there, too.

Laura - Right here with ya on the eating! But I find that I need to eat more to run more. But....if my weight goes up, I feel I run slower and I feel miserable. Catch 22 situation, I guess?

Sunny - enjoy your spin class and abs!!

This morning I did 6 miles on the treadmill and did some abs. I used CC#6 with Candace. The mention of it in yesterday's checkin made me want to do that one! I really enjoyed it. I did have to add some time onto it, though in order to do 6 miles.

Hi to everyone else that stops by! Happy Friday!!!!

Linda

G'morning Cheetahs! Slept in a little this morning til 6:45. I think I'm still getting over this cold & coughing a lot. Although that didn't seem to stop me y'day, we ran errands, then I did the standing part of L & G & the stability abs from KPC.

I'm helping out in Kiersten's class this morning after I drop Allison off at preschool. Guess I'll squeeze in my workout this afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll start w/ the GS workouts again or wait til next week... I was almost bummed that I didn't have any DOMS from my workouts y'day! :p I really want to try a run again, but I'm afraid my knee will hurt so I think I'll just wait it out til Tues. At least I have my step & kickbox to do for cardio now!!

You won't believe this. Remember me posting about my dh's car & the $900 it was going to cost to fix?? Well, we decided not to fix it so Greg has been driving our old van which we were trying to sell. He's driving home from work last night & the transmission is going out in it!!! He had to drive it home slowly in 1st gear. I couldn't believe it. We replaced the transmission a year & a half ago!!!! We're checking on the warranty on it & my Dad thinks he & Greg can fix the car. So we have TWO vehicles that are not running right now!!!! That was sooo not what I needed to hear last night..... Thank God we got our new van when we did & that has a 100,000 mile warranty on it!

Great pictures everyone posted!! It's so great to see a face w/ a name! Did I post my marathon pics here?? I added them to my picture trail in the recent photos, marathonfoto won't let you link them. http://www.picturetrail.com/jess_jugs Here's a link if you're interested!

OK, I've gotta get moving. I'll BBL to post more!

Good morning cheetahs

Hey, great racing pics!!!! Thanks for sharing....:)

Cathy...glad the rain stayed away for your run! That is funny you dreamt about us west coasters!! Would really be fun to all get together.

Sunny...my legs have always been the strongest part of my body...and carried me thru many long runs! Enjoy your spin class...

Wendy...thanks...:)...I think it is so awesome you want to train for a half!! I cannot believe Gayle is cheating on us....:(

Jess...SJP is a fav of mine but it is a circuit with weights, step and hi-lo, you can't go wrong with any of the Imaxes, they are tough!

Christine...I will say none of us look great when finishing a half...try a full!...:)...I think as Elaine says, you don't look like crap at all, good pic. Your DH looks like a very caring man...:)...your piddling comment to Barb yesterday is cracking me up!! Diwali sounds like a fun season..

Laurie...I liked your running pics too!! I'd like seeing avatars of your precious daughters...:)

Susan...how cool you get to see Mr YP!! Great pics of you and your DH!!!

Laura...Congrats on being asked to teach some Bootcamp classes!!! Stress is usually the culprit with me. I tend to be a stress eater...

Elaine...thanks for checking in. Hope your Garmin works better next time...

Barb....How exciting you are getting a Garmin!! You had a good workout yesterday even with the piddling...:)

Linda...your pic is a good one too!! Are you as tall as you look?....Have you ever tried any of the iTrain workouts for your treadmill??

Shelly...I did a 20 min program on my Elliptical and then iClimb #3 for another 40 min....it was quite fun!! As for DH, he tends to be a slacker (maybe piddler!!) , so no he hasn't used the Elliptical in about 10 days. I am glad you adductor felt better for step...let's keep our fingers crossed for the run!!

Karen...when I was running halfs, it was in the early 1980's. There were not many training programs around except maybe in Runner's World mag!! Somewhere I remembered reading about running a total of twice the race distance (26.2 miles for a half) every week. Which is how I then trained..so I think yes, if you run at least 25 miles a week and do a few long runs of 8-10 miles once a week on a regular basis, you could be trained for a half without following a schedule. But for a PR you need to do speedwork and following a training schedule would be best...My Elliptical is a Spacesaver one from Nordic track, so once it is folded up it does not take up much room.

Today is a 5 mile interval run and a Coremax section..

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Ladies!

S&H Shoulders and legs and something at the gym are on tap for me today. I may try to trot a bit on the treadmill or do the elliptical and bike. We’ll see. Then it’s the big Homecoming Game! How fun.

Cathy – Good job on getting in the run! Good luck getting in your workout this afternoon! Not sweaty? I was dripping! My top was 3 shades darker than normal. It felt SOOO great to change when I was done. The Pinelands? How cool! Sounds like a great fieldtrip.

Sunny – Oh, enjoy your spin class!! I love spinning! 10k’s are more common than 5 milers. You’ll probably find a lot of those. It’s only a mile more… You can do it! :p

Wendy – You’ll gain confidence as you train. You’ll probably have some set backs – most of us do – but push through them. Endurance events truly are 80% mental. That’s why they’re such great goals. You get to the point where you find yourself thinking “I just can’t do this any more.” Then you think of your DH or DS waiting for you at the end, or think of Jess running 7 miles with a painful knee or something else and say, “Oh, heck yeah, I can.” And you do. I’m going to be taking to the treadmill now that I’m going back to work, too, so I’ll be training with you on that! I’m hoping to get in a long run on the weekends. My race was chipped (I wore a timing chip on my shoe) – that gave instant results. Technology is amazing…

Laura- AmyG runs a BootCamp with the local parks and rec in the Bay Area – she’ll be thrilled to give you tips. I think you have great ideas. I’m another food fan. I LOVE food and wine … I can exercise ‘til the cows come home with no issues- seems to be a lot of us like that.

Linda – It IS a catch 22. I think runners really need to concentrate on eating much cleaner and eating until they are satiated but not stuffed. I have noticed an increase in appetite, but I can get enough clean calories and still lose weight. My problem is I simply DON’T! Like tomorrow – I have a Chili Cookoff to attend! I’m going to make a lean chili, but you know most of them won’t be! …. Glad you had a great run! I love your workouts!

Carole – I have a stupid question – what’s a PR? I’m sure I know it, but… (hey I’m blond)… DH is a people person. He’s always ready to hang with people, which is why he enjoyed the race so much- he was in pain, but he was surrounded by people and just loved it. I’ll see if this year I can remember to take a photo of me in a Sari.

Jess – I’m soo sorry to hear about your van! Man, when it rains it pours, eh? Hopefully dad and Greg and fix it. Dad’s are great, aren’t they? I do love your marathon photos – I saw them before. I hope you continue to feel better!

Christine: a PR is a "personal record" :).

Hi to all the other cheetahs! Can't do individual shoutouts today, sorry! I'm going stircrazy so I'm going to sneak off to the gym and do the elliptical for 45 min or so, just to feel active again.

Shh, don't tell my coaches ;).

Jennifer

Hey Ladies:) Got a nice workout in this morning. SPJ step/hi/lo and a BodyPump workout. This is my long weekend and I'm looking forward to some long workouts}( I definitely lost some upperbody definition with all of my running this summer and would like to get the cuts back before Christmas. Chest especially has lost some strength. I did unweighted lunges today and they felt good on my ankles. They really didn't like the 'running man' sequence in SPJ thoughx( . We had our first flurries last night. When 15 y.o. Marley rode her bike to work at 4:30 it was nice but when she got home at 9:30 she was covered in wet snow down the front.

I'll check in with personals later I have a client in 45 minutes. Hope everyone has an uneventful Friday the 13th. Not that I'm superstitious (knock wood):+

Take Care
Laurie:)

Carole - I am pretty tall. I am 5'9". I haven't tried any of the iTrain workouts on my treadmill yet. I have all of the CC's and some Podcasts. I do intend on getting some soon, though! Are there any certain ones that you recommend? Have fun with your run and CoreMax! I wanted to do that this morning, but was short on time and did a "short" ab workout. Hopefully can do CoreMax this weekend!

Jess - Great pictures! I sure hope I am able to do that one of these days! I am going to give it my best shot! Hope you are feeling better, soon! There are so many people here that is sick with something like it.
:-(

Christine - I love Chili!!! I try to eat more clean than not, but sometimes I don't do so well! Like Last night, my plans got all messed up so...I came home and stuffed myself with chip and dip.
;( I really need to pull out S&H and do a couple of weeks with that! Sounds good!!

Hi Jennifer! have fun on the elliptical!

Linda

Laurie - That sounds like a great workout! A long weekend! That sounds so nice! Hope you enjoy it! Have fun!

Linda

Linda - got ya by an inch - I'm 5'10... :p I like S&H - I'm writing down the exercises too, so I can do them at the gym next week. I've been bad the last two days, and tonight is a football game, so I'll end up with a veggieburger or something... Lovely. Need to stuff myself with fruits and veggies before the game.

HI Cheetahs:::

Carole- You always give encouraging advice. I was reading your comments in personals yesterday. It must be all the experience you have! Plus your nice way of saying it all. :) :)

Jes- I am sorry about your car situation...and your grandma and your brother! Too much all at one time!! On the other hand, a new step and DVD's can be a great distractor. All of the step DVD's you mentioned are great; time just flies by during those workouts.

Hi Wendy! have a great weekend away

Hi Barb and Christine- My family with the exception of DH is very time challenged. DH is punctual and it can be stressful at times. I am somewhere in between. Trying to improve consciously is more like it.

Hi Laurie and SunnyD :)

Hi Karen and Fitlibrarian :)

Today was a 7.2 mile run from home ( AGAIN VERY HILLY!!) I managed though. The down hills actually caused my bone spur to re-ache. I have my foot on ice now since I will be shopping this afternoon and wearing heels tonight. I think I have been ignoring the bone spur pain for a few weeks. I will keep to impact only every other day, and implement my old 'get rid of PF routine.' New inserts may be in the near future.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey all!

I finally broke down and did it!

I just ordered an IPOD NANO w/an armband from Amazon!:eek:

I'm sooo excited!!!!}( }( }(

When I was at the gym the other night for my run, my mp3 player once again gave me a ton of problems. I had to run w/o it and it b/c the darned thing would not stay on!!!! ACK! x(

Good Morning all,

So in general, you don't think I could run a half on Oct. 21st with only running 3-4 times a week 4 or 5 miles? There are not many runs in this area and I saw it coming up. Just wanted your opinions if you think I could do it or not.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.