::: CHEETAHS ::: happy dads' day...6.17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs ~ happy Sunday & Father's Day!

What a relief it is not to have any grading or lesson plans to do... http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/65.gif yippee!!!! I'm doing my happy dance. (Despite being up ridiculously early.)

Today will be a run and Joey (I promise!) and if I can, I'll tack on a bit of yoga. Have a few errands to run later on, but other than that, the day is wide open. Will BBQ with the parentals tonight. I was going to take them out to dinner last night (for my mom's bday, which was Friday and Father's Day today), but my dad was wrapped up in yard work and said he would prefer to go next Friday. So, we postponed, which was OK with me.

Laura :: I didn't catch your post yesterday. Glad to hear all continues to progress with the house and your running.

Christine :: you accomplished a lot yesterday! Glad you scored some bargains.

OK, everyone, enjoy your Sunday! BBL
Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

PS...Keep the Jersey compliments comin'! http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif

Hey Cheetah-Babes!:)

The Baptism was nice. Very relaxed. I was one of the most dressed up people there outside of a few women in skirts!:D The ceremony was short and sweet but very touching. I had tears in my eyes during a couple of parts. The baby of honor is a doll. He is sooooo handsome! He's gonna have to beat the women off with a stick when he gets older!}( I indulged in several coors lights...sorry Cathy-no Corona availble!:eek: It was a fun afternoon. We didn't leave there until after 7 pm and it's about a 90 minute ride from my house so needless to say Joey went to bed late. He was exhausted. He ran around their yard at full speed playing with the other kids all afternoon! He was unstoppable!!!! LOL

So my quad is feeling better though I STILL have some DOMS in my glutes! Man I burned up my butt the other day! LOL

Today is my outdoor run with my friend. I'm looking forward to it. It's been while for us. Looks like it's another gorgeous morning out there! PERFECT! Not a cloud in the sky and hopefully not too hot either! :) I'll be leaving to meet her at about 8:15 this morning...After the run I plan on doing my first ISculpt Ballet. }(

Time for personals:

Shelly: You didn't go over your goal by very much at all! Don't be so hard on yourself girl! You did great! Can't wait to meet you!!!! I hope you don't mind waitin' for me at the finish line though!:p Maybe there will be a nice shady tree for you to take a nap under while you're waiting... :7 :7 :7

Cathy: You get to play with Joey today? I'm JEALOUS!!!! Can I play too? }( :* }( LOL So what yoga are thinking of doing if you have the time? I LOVE shopping sprees for the soul! They work wonders when something is bothering me! You go girl! I'm sure Anne Taylor loves your shopping sprees too!:p I'm getting excited for the Pine Beach run though I STILL haven't signed up! LOL Heck, at this point I just wanna go to meet you gals! :+ BTW, thanks re my progress pics. So is there a little spark of interest where the SS series is concerned now? LOL

Jess: Great race y'day! I checked out the pics too. Very cute! I'm glad everyone had a good time.:)

Marcia: How inspiring to read your post about your run in the heat yesterday! What a great positive attitude that is! Good for you! We knew you could do it the whole time but are glad you are now realizing it too! :) Remember...your body can do ANYTHING your mind tells it to do!;)

Christine: Wow, you were busy y'day! Good job gettin' suits on sale for your DD. I love a bargain! I just bought a suit from Victoria's Secret that was on sale for a good price. I NEVER shop there cause it's too pricey but I couldn't resist with the sale going on!}( Those spinervals work outs certainly have interesting titles! LOL They are so unique!

Back again. Finished a 3.14 mile run - SLOW - it is technically only 75 degrees out right now, but the humidity's WAY up and the sun's a-blazin'. I shudder to think about next week's 5K. I'm hoping either the course is shady or we get a sudden cold front! I am sitting here *dripping.* It's pretty gross. Will stretch and plug in a few 10 Min. Solutions yoga segments, and then eke out Joey's w/out. I'm realizing now that I also neglected legs this week. Ack!

Wendy :: glad everyone had a good time at the baptism and that the quad's feeling better. Have a great run & let us know how you like the iSculpt...The sad thing about Ann Taylor is that you fork over some serious cash and you only go home with a few items. But now & then I splurge there. Over the years, it seems it's gotten harder to find clothes that are stylish, appropriate for work, AND fit well...Re: SS, I'm glad it's given you great results, and I respect the program, but I still don't think it's for me. I'm gonna hold out for Cathe and Tony's latest...BTW, you and Shelly BOTH will be napping while waiting for me! :p :D

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am sure I would have popped a Corona after a test like that also...maybe 2!! We will keep our fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks...Amy's KB was awesome. I really liked the music right from the start, and after about 40 min I was thinking it was getting close to done....nah....it went for about 18 more min!!! She has great energy and even some of the complicated moves were fun trying...:)...My sister shares a B-Day with your Mom. We went out for mexican last night. Enjoy the BBQ with your parents.

Wendy...I also see more definition in your upper body and core!! Way to go...:)..KB Xtreme was a great workout! Some of the moves were a bit complicated but I know once I get them down the workout will be really fun, and boy did I sweat!! Glad your quad is better. Enjoy your run with your friend and let us know how you like the iSculpt ballet...

Jackie....I am not painting my workout room, I workout in front of my TV and the living room is a very light peach. Amy's KB was awesome...That girl has some kind of energy!! Loved the music too. How fun to run a 5K in Nashville with your DD!

Jess...good job on the race! Sounds like the girls did great, especially Kiersten so soon after surgery...:)

Shelly...that is awful about the airport delay! But nice to finally be back with your DH. Sounds like you did well in the 5 miler. An 8:15 pace is nothing to be unhappy about...:)

Marcia...good job on the 4 miles in that heat! Sports drinks really can help, glad you had one with you.

Laura..great job on the PR! Sarah does know her stuff, I am happy she has helped you.

Christine...sounds like a busy day yesterday. It is great to get good deals on bathing suits, they can get pretty expensive, I bet DD was happy...:)...Enjoy your Fathers Day dinner with DH and the family..

I am doing an 8 mile trail run on the trail I fell down on. Gotta get that monkey off my back finally!! The weather has cooled a bit here, from 105 on friday to about 98 yesterday for the high. I think summer is here!

Have a great day and Father's Day...:+ :)

Cathy...good job on the run! We seem to get more humidity these days but nothing like you experience. I am sure my run will be slow today....:)

Good morning Cheetahs! Happy Father's Day to all of the dads!

Wendy - Glad you're seeing some upper body definition from SS. I always get great definition in my arms. Nashville is nice. They have a half marathon there every year in April called Music City. Maybe one day I'll attempt it. Of course, that depends on how I feel after participating in my first half. Enjoy your run today!

Jess - Congratulations on such a great finish in the 5K!! You rock! Congrats to the girsl too. Sounds like everyone had lots of fun.

Shelly - You are missed. Sorry about your travel fiasco. Good job on the race! It was still a great time! Love the goody bags too.

Marcia - Good job with the 4 miles and in the heat! You sound pleased with your progress!

Laura - Good to see you! Glad the house is coming along. Great job on the race! Sounds like you're finding just the right pace for you.

Cathy - I like your celebration yesterday! Know you deserved it! Bet you did great on the exam! Glad you enjoyed your run and your time with Joey!

Christine - Did DD find any suits? No big plans today. My father passed 4 years ago. I'll visit my mom though.

Carole - Thanks for the review on Amy. Maybe I can work it in this week. Can't wait to give it a try. Good luck with the trail run today. You can do it!

Rest day for me. It's off to church and then I'll visit my mom and chill the rest of the day.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! HappyFathers Day:) I felt like running this morning but didn't think it was a good idea since I raced yesterday. Anyway, I ended up going to a gym close by and did an hour on a PrecorEXT (loved it) and an upperbody routine with free weights. I would have liked to try the machines but didn't want to take the time to learn them.

Cathy- Hiya! Actually what bothers me most about New Jersey driving isn't the other drivers but the way the roads/exits, etc. are laid out. Turning right to go left, etc....x( x( It befuddles my poor little western brain. Sorry you are having to move again:( My twin sister is a teacher and I have had to frequently assist her with moving, furniture issues etc. I don't think most people realize what trials teachers have to go through besides teaching. You guys definitely don't get paid near enough!!!!! My FIL seems to be doing just fine. He's already hit me with a ton of questions but I don't mind:) Don't worry about the PineBeach course. It's only a little rolling and mostly shaded. Plenty of water stops also. You'll be fine!!!!!! Just think about the BBQ afterwards!;-)

Wendy- DH and I drove right by your town yesterday after the race.
Did you feel my good wish vibes? ;-) You live in a beautiful area
BTW. I think your GS rotation looks awesome! If it were me I would definitely alternate with the Pyramids, just for variety. You told Cathy you were bringing the jogging stroller.... are you also bringing your little Joey? I was racing pretty much the whole 5 miles yesterday with a woman who was pushing a jogging stroller. She hardly looked winded at all after 5 miles:eek:

SunnyD- You're new job at the YMCA sounds great! How nice that you can make your own rules, so to speak. How did you like Amy's HiLo ext? She really has some innovative moves.

Judy- Nice to hear that your keeping up with your running well.
I had my own calming yoga session myself last night. I was held hostage in upstate NY so to speak for several hours last Tuesday when my plane was diverted from Newark. I did think of you!

Carole- I knew you would love KBEXT!! It is a real kick butt but FUN workout:7 Good luck on your trail run today! I honestly don't feel that bad about yesterday's race. I'm just a tad disappointed but I overindulged a tad when I was in Montauk and probably paid the price for it;-) but what they hey, I'm on vacation! The idea is to have fun and I did yesterday! Also, the humidity isn't something I'm used to dealing with either. Well, I have another week to adjust before my next race, when I meet up with Wendy and Cathy:7

Jackie- How nice that you'll be combining business with pleasure when you go to Nashville next week. And that is awesome that you'll be running with your DD!!!! I hope you'll post a pic of you two!
(please!)

Jess- Fantastic job with your 5k!!!! Considering the lay off from running you've had that was great! Did your DH decide not to run with you? Sounds like your daughters are taking after Mom and are going to be fast runners. I guess we had sympatico paces yesterday:)

Christine- Hope you have a great Father's Day dinner today!!! Sounds like a great Spinervals workout for you yesterday.

Later today we're all going to my DH's brothers place for a BBQ.
It's great talking to the fabulous cheetahs again!

ShellyC

Hey all - another quick post. It's, of course Father's Day, but also DH and my 12th anniversary. YIPPEE.....We are in the minority of our friends so we take complete pride in our years together and are so happy we look forward to so many more. :* :*

I am going to get in an hour of power walking today for my cross training on the schedule. I'm so glad that I ran yesterday, it's suppose to be in the mid-90's today and even more humid so I made the right decision yesterday for sure......I'm just so darn excited I can't stand it. I woke up this morning and thought, Awwwww, I'm done with my long run already and now I can just enjoy Father's Day/Anniversary. I'm hoping to get DH to walk with me, but probably tonight when it cools down a bit. ;-)

We are headed to the in-laws for a BBQ, so I'm going to bring a frisbee and some other things to stay active all day. I'm also going to stop by the cemetery and wish my dad a Happy Father's Day ;( Maybe I'll pick up a flower or something to plant there, too.

Have a superb day everyone, I hope to get back later today.

Marcia.

good morning ladies,

must be very quick as we are on our way out the door to church.

just wanted to say i ran 8 miles this morning!!!

shelly- it is great to make the rules, lol. i really liked amy's hi/lo. i am not a big fan of hi/lo but what i loved about the workout was the athletic not dancy moves. she moves pretty quickly so a few moves were hard to pick up (for me) the first time. however i broke a good sweat!!

i'll stop back later for more personals...

have a great sunday ladies:)

Hey. I'm back from my run...been back for over an hour now actually. We ran 3 miles. We had high hopes for more but it was *HOT* out there and it kicked out butts quicker then we would have liked. Oh well. 3 miles is fine with me. :p

When I got home I made Joey a snack and DH a pancake breakfast for father's day. We are going to a bbq at my inlaws in a few hours. The bbq thing for Father's Day seems to be the popular thing to do! LOL

I am afraid ISculpt Ballet is being put on hold....I really just don't have the time for it today. I am rescheduling it for Thursday. I will do that during the day and yoga in the evening. It's my recovery week but it won't kill me to do it...I just GOTTA try it before I commit to my new rotation!!!}(

Cathy: I was hoping to be an enabler w/SS but we can't all be enablers all of the time!;) 'Sides, it IS quite boring and you'd probably strangle me if you bought it and found it too boring to do! LOL

Carole: OMG, your summers are HOT! No humidity though so our 85 and humid is probably what your 100+ dry temps feel like! Only difference is that you guys can still breathe! LOL :p Thanks re my pics. I am so happy I started taking them! They really tell the tale more so then any of the #s even!!! Enjoy your trail run today. I'm glad you enjoyed the new k/b work out. One day I will cave and buy some of her work outs. }(

Jackie: I've seen the half in Nashville advertised in Runner's World mag. There are cool halfs all over the place that I would love to coordinate with a vacation when/if I am ever ready to run a half. }( Yes, SS definately helped me with the upper body and core definition. I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and gave that series a fair chance. I was able to get beyond the boredom factor quite easily this time. I think it's because I really mixed it up with other fun work outs so it wasn't the same old dull work outs day in and day out. I'm very happy with my results!:)

Shelly: Had I known you were gonna be drivin' by I would have gone out on to the highway and waved as you drove by! :+ Nah, not bringing Joey or DH to to the Pine Beach race. Too far of a ride to make them come this time. LOL I was teasin' Cathy that I'd bring the stroller so that SHE can ride in it! :p :7 I bought that darned stroller and NEVER use it! YIKES! Now he's gettin' to the point where he's not gonna want to sit in it for very long. Soon I'll be sellin' it on Ebay I guess! I used it once and it was just too much for me. I'm not a strong enough runner yet. I can't push that darned thing with a 30+ pound kid in it while running! :eek: I tried once and then never again! LOL My mom used it once to walk one of my 5k races with Joey but that's it. OOPS!

Marcia: Sounds like you have a fun day planned. You brought a tear to my eye when you mentioned stopping by the cemetary to visit your dad. My dad died in 95. I miss him so much. I think I was trying NOT to think about him today so I wouldn't get upset but I need to. He was a great man and deserves to be remembered today!:) I just wish my son had the chance to have his other grandpa around....*sigh* He's got his poppa (my FIL) who he adores as well as my mom's boyfriend who he also adores so it's not like he doesn't have that figure in his life. I guess I am just feeling a bit selfish and want it to be MY dad!...Sorry for getting depressing here!

Sunny: WTG on the 8 mile run! I had high hopes for this morning's run but quit at 3 miles! You certainly left my butt in the dust girl! Good for you!:7

K, I'm outta here...plenty to do and not a lot of time! I'll be back later after the BBQ!

Have a great day everyone!:+

Hey cheetahs, :D
Just a workout report and a few personals before heading under the shade with some good reading...

Carole :: I was tempted to do a second Corona…but then the shops were calling my name! Mmmm, Mexican – a favorite!! I'm getting hungry - something different. *ha* Sounds like a great workout, though I have concluded that Bento is too complicated for the likes of me and my two left feet. I’m sure you conquered that “evil” trail! Those are some sick temps!

Jackie :: thanks again for the positive thoughts…enjoy your rest day, time with mom, and the opportunity to CHILL!

Shelly :: oh, no offense was seriously taken! We Jerseyans are used to taking a beatin’. ;) :D My best friend, who grew up in the city (Philly) and I have a running joke. Whenever we’re in the car together and we see a jerk on the road and his tags are from the other person’s state, we bust on each other good-naturedly (e.g. “Figures. A Pennsy driver.”) But as far as the roads/traffic/poor signage are concerned, the criticism is well-deserved. And when it comes to drivers, I think it gets more aggressive the closer you get to NYC…Yes, I have to move again, but I’m cool with it now…Oh thanks, I’m not seriously worried about Pine Beach, just cracking some jokes as I am far, far from racing mode as you will see! But I bet a win a medal for who can eat the most ribs…*ha* :) Glad to have you back – we missed you!..Re: Wendy’s stroller, I requested that she bring it for me!

Wendy :: that is the main reason I have been able to resist – that you (and a few others) have said SS is a tad boring…I don’t think I have the kind of discipline that you do – if I don’t love a workout, it just collects dust…I agree – hot as Hades out there today!!…(((HUGS))) to you in remembering your dad today.

Hi Marcia and Sunny (great job on the 8 miles!)!

After this morning's run, I did the flexibility & relaxation portion of 10 Min. Solutions Yoga plus a few poses of my own to get in a good stretch…then I did a mish-mosh of BBC S&B, leaving out the abs and a couple of the back exercises. Mine has been flaring up a little lately, so I’m trying not to exacerbate it… There will be more heavy lifting this week at school.

OK, off to enjoy the sunshine & fresh air. BBL!

Happy BBQ'ing!
Cathy :)

Jackie....I think you will like Amy's KB. Enjoy your rest day, church and visiting with your Mom.

Shelly...sounds like you got in a good "out of town" workout! Yes, Amy's workout has quite a fun factor...thanks for enabling me! I am very sure the humidity back there would kill me too. I don't like the little we get here...Enjoy your BBQ later today...:)

Marcia...happy 12th Anniversary! Like Wendy said your cemetery trip brought a tear to my eye too. My Dad passed away in 97 and I miss him a lot.

Sunny...I ran 8 miles too...and no falls!!

Wendy...good job on the 3 mile run. Yes our summers are hot and it will get even hotter! We have more humidity that we did years ago but like I say nothing like back east...I hope I don't melt in August!! I agree, pictures say a lot more then the scale does. You have to try Amy...she is great, although Cathe is still the BEST IMO...:)..Enjoy your BBQ and tell your DH Happy Father's Day for me!!

Cathy...I did, I did....I conquered the evil trail...http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/65.gif[/img]...Mexican is my all time favorite food! True it does get pretty nasty hot here in the summer. I didn't know your back was flaring up a bit. Hope it feels better soon, good job taking it easy.

Well I survived the 8 mile trail run with NO falls!! Saw a few of my friends out there too including my Pastor and his Dad. I plan on getting some sun and then prepping and painting...:)

hi,
wendy what are you doing that is giving you more definition? I too am looking for something to help me break thru and get more defintion. It is taking so long for me and I know some people that just get definition no problem. I am getting there but it takes alot for me to develop in the upper extremities especially my shoulders.

carole-glad you didnt fall during your run.

cathy-you will do good on your 5k!

I ran just 3miles today and let me tell you I was fatigued after yesterdays race. I can tell I havent raced in a long time. I forgot how it tires your body out, so I kept the pace down. like I said I am trying to stay in my heart rate zone but it is really hard to make yourself run slower than you really want to. I am hoping to have good results doing it and hopefully will increase my aeorobic capacity as well. talk with you all later.

Taking a break from the outside to see what my cheetahs are up to. I also want to do some foam roller work. As I'm sitting there in the recliner, my left calf is feeling a little achy for some reason. It's funny how some pains don't really catch up with you until you stop moving.

Carole :: WOO-HOO on conquering that trail. I am really bad about turning my ankles and tripping over stuff (even though I run on the street), so I have to keep my eyes peeled. Running in the dark doesn't work for me. Once I ran right over a dead squirrel. Ick. *lol*...yeah, I tweaked something in my back - hmm, I think it was early on during the X. It seems to come & go. Certain things aggravate it.

Laura :: actually, I don't expect to do well in the race *lol*...at this point in the game, there is no way I can compete with where my times used to be, so I'm treating it as a mere training run and am doing it solely for the camraderie! I don't think I will have any real desire to run any add'l races until I get closer to goal weight. With one exception: a nighttime 5K I like to do in August - it's followed by a beer & pasta party! *lol*

OK, off to do some quick foam rolling before the BBQ - yum!
Cathy :)

cathy- sorry to hear that. did I miss something, is everything okay with you medical wise? I hope so. anyway, just getting out there and running is what it is all about anyway. have fun withit.

Laura :: yeah, I'm totally fine - it's nothing serious, just a twinge or two here or there from maybe overdoing. Absolutely agree - with Outback BBQ and massage as amenities, how you can you not have fun? :D

>hi,
> wendy what are you doing that is giving you more definition?
>I too am looking for something to help me break thru and get
>more defintion. It is taking so long for me and I know some
>people that just get definition no problem. I am getting there
>but it takes alot for me to develop in the upper extremities
>especially my shoulders.

Hi Laura...Well my real start in getting definition, as you know, came with the X but I just finished 2 months of endurance lifting combined with 2-3 days of cardio and got even MORE definition! I did 2 weeks of BBC, 2 weeks of Cathe and a 4 week Slim Series rotation. I included pull ups every week through out and push ups every week during the SS rotation. For cardio I did mainly runs and spin classes. Oh and I also did yoga once per week as best as I could keep up with it. I don't know if it helped but I feel better when I do it so I always try to get it in every week.:)

HTH!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.