::: CHEETAHS ::: happy b'day, Barb - 6.20

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :) It’s the happiest of hump days for me as it is the last day of school…yippeeeeeeee!!! :D :D :D I am beat and am ready for a break!

Last night, I dozed off on the couch around 5:30 and didn’t wake up until midnight. So my body decided for me that another rest day was in order. That’s fine. Although I’ve gone off track from my rotation the past two weeks, I refuse to hang onto any guilt: packing/moving my classroom has kept me plenty active and breaking serious sweat. After today, my schedule lightens up a great deal, which’ll be nice.

Today calls for Squeeze. Yay!

OK, lots to catch up on…

First of all, BARB , if you check in - **happy birthday!!** We miss ya & would love an update.

Heather :: the humidity’s bad here, too – if I can, I try to run about 6-7ish in the AM – it’s *much* cooler then…Re: BBC, I like it and am glad it is part of my workout library. On a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give Jari a 2, BBC an 8, and Cathe/Tony a 10…yes, as Judy said, stride matters. I recommend going to www.runnersworld.com…you will find a wealth of information.

Gayle :: glad you enjoyed BBC B&L. That particular one is not a favorite, but I do like the series overall…congrats to DS on making the traveling team!

Sunny :: this year, I am working two curriculum committees – one is a week long (next week), the other is two days long (in August), and I’m also tutoring for 6 weeks (one day a week starting in July). I’ll also be taking classes for 4 days in July. The rest of the time I will be off, relaxing and planning/getting organized for next year.

Wendy :: thanks for the info on PB2…interesting process! I am tempted.

Shelly :: not sure you will get to read this, but see my post above to Sunny re: my summer work/study plans. Hope you’re having fun in Little Egg Harbor!

Carole :: how was the fishing?

Laurie :: wow, you have quite a decision on your plate! Being an MT at a state-of-the-art gym sounds like an incredible opportunity! The membership, teaching classes – it sounds perfect for you. When do you have to give your decision?

Jackie :: yeah, when that software runs in the background, my comp gets maddeningly slow.

Hi Marcia (sounds like sciatica), Christine, Jess, and everyone else dropping in. Welcome to Want2B!

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

yesterday i didn't get a chance to try out sculpt 12:( . i know i won't have a chance to get to it today either. it's ok because today is my rest day.

cathy- sounds like a fun summer. are you taking any vacations while you are off? enjoy squeeze! did you try the flat abs section yet?

wendy- ok, now you've got me wanting to try out this PB2. i did teach 2 classes yesterday i had 3 attendees in each. the program director took the evening class which made me a bit nervous. after class she said it was great and would like me to teach a class for mothers with their babies...YIKES. too bad iscupltballet didn't click with you. now i am not as excited to try one.

shelly- i am certified to teach on the X-bikes. however i am a back-up for the other instructors. the YMCA asked me yesterday to get certified in yoga. they pay for all certifications so i am thinking i may take them up on there offer.

welcome WANT2BE!!

i will try to check back in later for more personals.

have a great hump day cheetahville:7

Morning Cheetahs!

No time for personals. I got up later today. I woke in the middle of the night and had a very hard time falling back to sleep so I am a bit tired this morning. :-(

Today is an XFlowsion day...I will probably do the ab routine plus another section that is YTBD!:)
I will probably also take a NAP!:p

Okay, gotta run...BBL!:+

Morning Girls:) It's getting very quiet here in the morning. Faith is the only who has school today so only one lunch to pack..woot..woot!:+ :7 I won't be able to get a tour of the gym and sit down and talk specifically about hours and commission until next weekx( I'm ver anxious about it but am working hard to keep anxiety at bay, in the end my anxiety will not change the outcome...or so I keep telling myself...I want this to happen but won't work for less money unless other things can be negotiated in.
Today is a 6K run and whatever lowerbody conditioning I can fit in before work...maybe L&G standing work.

Cathy, good job on reigning in the guilt Girl...guilt is for suckahs}( :+ :) You do sound very busy nonetheless...have fun SQUEEEZING:)

Sunny, enjoy your rest day. Having the program director in class would be nerve wracking. How many classes would you like to teach per week?

Barb.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:) Hope you have a fabulous day!

Marcia, if you are having nerve pain then ice applications after your run would be helpful. Heat will just congest the area that the nerve runs through. Careful not to overstretch, if you feel any tingling or shooting with your stretch then back it off. Hope it resolves soon.

Oh yeah, I had a client yesterday who needed a massage to relieve his muscle pain from working out. He's 30 days into a 90 day program. I guessed P90X and he was amazed that I'd even heard of it let alone knew Tony Horton by name. He's going to loan me YogaX to try and he has a buddy that ordered it and will never use it. If he's willing to sell it then I'm in.....I would love to explore P90X with all of the raves I've heard here. Hope it happens:)

Gotta git!

Take Care
Laurie

G'morning Cheetahs!! I did a BRICK workout w/ my buddies this morning- 12 mile bike, 1 mile run. My friend is doing an all women's triathlon this weekend, so we're training w/ her! Wow, jello legs after getting off the bike!!

YogaX is on tap for later. I'm going to do 50 min this morning & then the last 40 min at naptime. It seems to work better for me to break it up that way. Laurie ~ Hope you can get the X!!! It's been an awesome change for me, and I'm loving it!

Well, every time I think Kiersten is doing better she starts running a temp again. She ended up taking a 3 hr nap y'day. I feel like our summer can't start til she feels better. We're wanting to go to the new pool, but don't want to take her til she's all better. The Dr. just thinks she's still recovering, but now it's been over a week!!! :eek:

Hannah & I had a *girls night* & went to see Nancy Drew. It was REALLY cute, she loved it & I actually really liked it too! And she was happy because it's $.50 a bucket popcorn nights on Tues. (and I had NONE!)

I have some DOMS in the biceps & lats from B & B y'day. Feels good though!! I'm headin' in the home stretch now w/ P90X- only a few weeks to go!!

Good morning ladies. No personals from me yet this morning, sorry!

This morning was BBC chest and abs, plus the non-TM cardio. First, I've got some DOMS in my quads from yesterday. Minimal. Second, I really liked this chest workout. I'm finding these workouts remind me, in part, to P90X...the atmosphere, the non-staged workouts (if that makes sense), every day people, etc. I really liked the move of one arm chest press. Cool! And hard with a heavy weight. The non-TM cardios are actually tougher than I thought. Kind of like a mini IMax with no recovery periods. LOL

This morning is my friend's hearing date at the courthouse on her PFA against her DH. I'm heading there with her, and I'm really curious to see how this all plays out. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

BBl sometime!

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Glad you like the PB2. I've tried in peanut butter oatmeal cookies too. I rarely eat it by itself. Which iSculpt and iTread did you buy?

Gayle - When PB2 was first discovered, shipping was $3 and some change. It more than doubled. The last time I ordered, I got 8 jars and shipping was only about $1 more. Think the company realized they had a gold mine due to Hungry Girl.

Christine - Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Want2befit - Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. You will definitely learn a lot from the ladies on this forum.

Marcia - I think stretching more in general is a good idea. On some of my speed runs, I will warm up first and then stretch a little bit. Then I will get into my run.

Cathy - Yippee for the last day of school!! Sometimes our bodies know more about what we need than our minds. Hope you enjoyed the extra rest.

Sunny - Enjoy your rest day!

Laurie - Keeping my fingers crossed that the job will be just what you need. Enjoy your run today! How awesome about the client and P90X!

Jess - Good job on the brick! Hope Kiersten feels better. She's really have a rough time.

Barb - Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

I did iTread #19 30 minute sprints. Got in 4 miles this morning. Finished up with Cool It Off Express.

Happy Hump Day!!

Jackie

Good morning all! I'm here at the in-laws summer house on the water
and was pleasantly surprised to find that the cable was activated so I can still communicate with the cheetahs:7 :7 We went out on the lake yesterday for some fluke fishing,but had no luck. Well, maybe today will be different. I had intended to run this morning but it was raining pretty steadily. I can handle a light rain or drizzle but being the Arizona weenie I am I opted out of it this morning. Instead I did CoreSyn and BBC Full Body. I'll go for a short run this evening before it gets dark.

Cathy- Yay! Last day for you:7 :7 Your summer schedule sounds pretty busy to me:eek: But I guess its a break compared to your usual work load. Have a great time with Squeeze later. I really enjoy doing this workout. Its a great toning workout IMO.

SunnyD- Have a great rest day, although knowing you it'll hardly be truly restful;-) You'll also be a yoga instructor:eek: :eek: Holey Cow, where you you find the time?

Wendy- Sorry you had a bad sleep night and I hope you can catch up with your nap later. Your Xflowsion workouts sound like fun!
I'm actually more south now, down the Garden State. We take exit 57 I believe, for Tuckerton and the bay. Where I was staying the last few days was in Brick, exit 88.

Jess- Great job with your Brick workout today! I know you had to scrap your original triathlon but is that still a goal of yours to do someday?

Carole- Any luck fishing yesterday? We were doing the same thing .... :) Hopefully you did better than I did! I'm pretty sure I will get my first professional massage either on Friday or Saturday:)

Heather- Good morning! Like Judy I recommend you look at Chi Running for a technique that will allow you to run more efficiently and prevent injury. The author has observed that unlike popular belief that people with long legs and strides are better runners, the opposite is usually the case. The true elites tend to be shorter and have shorter stride lengths as well.

Laurie- I think your new job opportunity at the gym sounds ideal!
I think you'll like the clientele better too. Just my opinion but I suspect that people who go for massages at spas are mostly just wanting some pampering but those who get them at gyms are getting them for more overall health benefits. Great run today. By all means get p90x if you can. Definitely will open up a whole new sphere of training for you.

Jackie- Nice iTread/IClimb combo workout for ya!

Gayle- Glad I could provide a little inspiration for you with the portable DVD player. I've been taking mine with me on vacation for many years now. Don't know how I'd survive without it! Congratulations on your DS making the all stars!!! How old is he?
Will he continue the ball playing on into high school and college?
The BBC non TM Cardios are surprisingly challenging!

Want2b- Welcome to cheetahville!!! We are very happy to have you chat with us. Great job on your 30 minute run yesterday. That is very impressive considering you haven't run for quite a while!!!
Cathe workouts do wonders for runners, IMO.

Marcia- Sorry your having those pains. Sounds suspicious for Sciatica to me. Susan can tell you alot about that. How is it feeling today?

Happy Birthday Barb, if you check in... we do miss you!

I think that about catches me up! Later y'all.

ShellyC

Hey gang:

ShellyC - My pain from running only happens while I'm actually running and then when I cooldown walk. Sometimes it will continue for a while afterwards, but not long. It's not a bad pain at all, just kind of a tingle/numbing feeling (if that makes sense).

Today I got up and power walked 3 miles, while thinking of where I will run my 5 miles tomorrow morning since I'll be gone over the weekend. I think I will put my vehicle four miles out so I can run through the State Park area to a point and back one more mile to make it 5 that means I can walk the other 3 back to my vehicle for a long cooldown. I'm hoping I have the energy and endurance for it. I will bring some Gatorade, too, that should help out a lot.

I'm pretty psyched for my run tomorrow morning already :7

Gayle - my fingers are crossed for your friend. That is super of you to go along for support, we all need that somewhere along the way.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning cheetahs

Welcome Want2B!!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/9.gif[/img] Barb!!! Hope you are doing well this summer. We do miss you...

Cathy...Congrats on the last day of school...no more grading for awhile...:).I wouldn't feel bad at all on rest day for you as I am sure the last week of school can be quite a zoo! Just being out in our boat was fun yesterday, the lake is beautiful and we had fun despite no fish!

Sunny...enjoy your rest day.

Wendy...the fishing was fun, but didn't catch anything but some sun...:)..It does sound like that PB2 would be good in shakes. Good job with the KPC premix. You are having fun with iTrain I see...:)...Enjoy your Xflowsion workout.

Laurie...interesting story about the 2 chiro's splitting. Sounds like the same situation my nephew was in before he left. That would be cool if you got the job in the Gym!! Sounds like a fun kickbox day yesterday. We would keep and good size fish. What we wanted was the Koakanee Salmon and my DH smokes it and it is my one deviation from Vegetarianism. We had a great time. Enjoy your 6K run today.

Jess...that Brick workout sounds fun. Good job on getting thru the X.

Jackie...I do like Jari's exercises and I have the ones you mentioned. I just have not done them for awhile. I tune her out too as laughing is not good holding weights...:)..good job with iTread.

Gayle..way cool about your DS making the traveling team!! We have some tomato plants too. Can't wait for the salsa...:)...Yes I agree on the non tm BBC cardios, they are tough but not long. I hope things work out for your friend.

Shelly...no luck fishing for us but it was a nice day to be out together. Good job with Core Syn and BBC Fullbody.

So we did get a bit sunburnt fishing, even using lots of sunscreen! My DH has a fish finder and we did see fish but they were very deep. We stopped once on the shore to take Sadie swimming, she has not been in the water much and it was fun to watch her. It was very nice just to be out on the lake.

Today I will try out Bento's hi/lo Xtreme and P90X C&B.

Have a great day..:)

Good Morning to All!

This is my weekend - Today-Friday OFF! Woo Hoo! I didn't get a chance to do the Eliptical and Abs last night since a friend in school (for her job) called and kept me on the phone during the time I would have worked out. Oh, well. My plan is to walk/run tonight, though, with my two co-workers. It rained last night, so it cooled things off a bit.

Barb: Happy Birthday from a new Cheetah. I am really enjoying chatting with "your family", and am glad they made me feel so welcome. I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating "your" day in the best possible way.

Cathy: I actually logged on to Runner's World last night and got a wealth of information. The forums helped answer a lot of questions I had. Jari a 2, eh? Hmmmm....more of a reason to order BBC. Thank for you for the ratings. In your opinion, where does Amy Bento fall in the rating scheme? I like her workouts, too.

Wendy: Ordered PB2 last night.

MRSchultz: Hope your run is nice.

I hope everyone has a nice day. Think I'm going to get some errands done :(

Take care,

Just ordered BBC. Can't wait to get it! Thank you for all of your input. Helped me make my decision.

Cheers!

Good Afternoon Cheetah-Babes!:)

Well, I am dawg tired as I figured I'd be. I am off to take a nap after I catch up with the personals...:)

Cathy: The PB2 is a bit pricey but it's a great alternative especially if you are prone to using PB as an ingredient instead of just eating it plain. IE: protein shakes, cookies, brownies, oatmeal, etc. So what time are you shooting to be at the race on Sunday?

Sunny: Don't let me bring you down on ISculpt Ballet! I wasn't crazy about it but that doesn't mean you won't like it. I felt it. It's just not my "style" I guess. I just bought the regular ISculpt #1 and ITread #7/40 mins. I can't wait to try them out!}( Sounds like teaching classes is taking off for you! I'm so happy for you!

Laurie: OMG, how exciting that the X might fall into your lap!}(

Jess: Sorry about your DD continuing to not feel well. :-(

Gayle: I wish your friend the best of luck at court today!

Jackie: I almost bought ITread 19/30 mins y'day but opted for something else. It's on my "list" though. Maybe next time! I got ISculpt # 1 and ITread # 7/40 mins-it's main focus is endurance and speed on the flats.

Shelly: I'm so confused! LOL I thought you were heading down to Egg Harbor from Long Island. I didn't realize you were already down the Jersey shore!:7 Sounds like you are having a nice vacation. What time do you intend to be at the race on Sunday?

Carole: Glad you had fun fishing even if you didn't catch anything! Enjoy your workout.

Heather: OMG, I think I have started a PB2 craze! LOL Maybe I should become a salesperson for them! ;) I hope you like it! And you ordered BBC too!? You go girl! BBC has it's flaws as the production quality is not Cathe BUT the work outs are good no frills tough work outs that get the job done!}(

Okay so funny story!!! I was in the shower yesterday evening and my DH walks in and says "Okay, now you've gone too far! You have definately gone too far!" I'm like "what did I do???" He says "Powdered peanutbutter!?!?! What the heck is that!? That is just nasty!" and walks out. LOL Needless to say he thinks I'm a bit crazy but it gave me a good laugh!:7

Okay, off for a quick nap while I still have the time!

BBL!

Oh, Heather. LOL You bought BBC AND the PB2??? LOL Consider yourself Cheetah-enabled! LOL Now we all will have BBC and PB2! I just got my confirmation of my shipment of PB2. Can't wait!

OK...back from the courthouse. All went well and as expected. My friend had her PFA extended for 2 years and was granted full custody, with visitations to be dictated by HER. Her DH pretty much threw in the towel and agreed to almost anything. BUT....we got home and she ALREADY has an email from him saying he didn't fight very much at court becasue he thinks she needs to decide what she wants and that he wants the family to be worked out and stay together. I chuckle, because this guy just simply doesn't understand what EXACTLY a PFA IS? Does he?? SHEESH! She seems to be standing her ground, and realizes, as I*'ve been telling her all along, that he really thinks this will all blow over and that she'll come around to him soon. Not this time, I hope! ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!

As for DS and the travelling team. He's 9. The team is a 10-year old team, but they allowed the 9 yo's try out. Jacob is just 1 of the only 2 9yo's on this team. He still needs to make the cut for the 12 that actuallY TRAVEL! The other 3 are the alternates in case of vacation, illness, etc. But the fact that he's made the team and is playing with other kids of his caliper is a huge step and great for his confidence. AND...yes, he will continue baseball for a long time. He's a natural athlete, and is good at anything he tries, but baseball just seems to REALLY fit him and his personality. Add to that, that when he plays, he SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO resembles his daddy that it's eerie for me sometimes. In a split second, I think I'm looking at late DH sometimes. (that's a good thing, btw, lol).

Time to go get my boys from the neighbor's house!

BBL

Gayle

I just "had" to get both BBC and PB2!!! LOL! :) Both sounded soooo good! I can't wait to try them out - after BBC, I'll reward myself with a PB2 shake :9

Anyone see the new Excedrin commercial? Talk about a body!!!!

I liked the story about the DH asking about powdered peanut butter! That gave me a chuckle and actually knocked me out of my "funk". I don't know why I'm in such a "funk" today.....may be the weather. Thank you for the "free therapy"!

Must go. I'll check in later -

Cheers!

Wow, was that ever a quick nap but I feel much better! Cat naps are sometimes all it takes to re-energize! Now I have to decide on my XFlowsion work out for the day!

I'll be back when it's done!

Gayle: I'm glad things went well for your friend I hope she doesn't let him suck her back in to him.

Heather: Glad my DH story helped cheer you up!:D Don't worry about it though...We all have our "funk" times. I know I definately do!!!

Ciao for now!:7

laurie- i have my fingers crossed that you hear something from the gym soon!

carole- i am very interested to hear your opinion on hi/lo extreme:) glad you enjoyed the lake. is the lake near your home?

gayle- i hope all ends well with your friend. she is lucky to have you standing by her side.

wendy- so are you enjoying the xflowsions? would you recommend them? once i give the isculptballet a shot i will let you know what i think. it's really not my cup of tea but since i heard alot of raves about them i want to give 'em a shot. so when do you hear back re: your PT cert?

heather- enjoy BBC! i love them!!:)

shelly- enjoy your time with the in-laws! I will find a way to fit in all the things i want to do because i am doing what i enjoy. as i take on different things i am letting some of my clients at the gym go. i am happy now because i am in a position where i can be a bit choosier about my clients. not sure if/when i will actually teach yoga but it won't hurt to have the cert.;)

jackie- can you please give me the website for the pb2?? i am missing my itrains, i haven't had time to do one all week...;o(. also how long is cool if off express?

ttyl....:)

Hey Sunny!

I won't hear back about my pt cert for 4-6 weeks after I mail it. My practical exam tape is off being burned into a dvd as we speak. I should get it back before month's end and then I can *FINALLY* send it all in to be graded! Took me long enough, ey? LOL :p

Xflowsion is funky and I find it fun and a good work out but it took some getting used to. I don't know if you would like it or not. The fact that you aren't keen on yoga makes me think you may like it better since it's not the "norm" in yoga practices OR you could HATE it for the same reason! Not sure which! LOL I'm lottsa help, aina'? :7 :7 :7

oh and the website for pb2 is www.bellplantation.com!!!!:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.