:::: CHEETAHS :::: Happy 2007!!! :: 1/1/07

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy New Year, cheetahs!

Hope you all had fun ringin' in the New Year...I never even saw midnight - lol. I had a quiet, relaxing night at home and wound up dozing off pretty early.

My stomach issues went away eventually...I think it might have been the small amount of cole slaw I had at lunch at the diner...it tasted funny to me. :-( Oh well. That just goes to show why you should work out early if you have the opportunity! You never know what kind of monkey wrench can come in and thwart your plans.

Today will be a run + weights and a return to clean eating & recording everything. I have a feeling these first few days of detox are going to be miserable!

Will check yesterday's posts now to see what I missed.

Have a great day, ladies, and I wish all of you a happy and fit 2007!

-Cathy :)

Laura :: Now that you are focusing on clean eating, I would keep close track of the calories consumed and burned each day. You might want to try a program like FitDay…it’s free if you use it online or you can download it for $20…You enter the food & workout information, and it keeps track of calories consumed & burned, nutrients, carb/protein/fat percentage, etc. If your aim is to lose weight, it will help you set your daily caloric goals, record measurements, and so on. It’s an excellent, time-saving tool.

Carole :: congrats on ordering the calendar! I will PM you later with a link to one of my PhotoShows, so you can see what it’s like. If you're a photo geek, you might like it. Glad you enjoyed the day with your DH. I suppose the D stands for “darling” today??? :+ :) Great job on the run! I just know my run today will be dragass after all this crap I’ve been shoveling in.

Christine :: nope, I never made it out there…just did not feel right after lunch. Was a little annoyed about it, but it’s OK. Today’s a fresh start…although I do hear it raining out there. If it’s not too cold once the sun comes up, I will head out, anyway. If it’s too chilly, there’ll have to be Plan B.

Jess :: oh no! Sorry to hear you are down with a bug. I thought the Jugs family had that all licked by now. Hope you feel well enough today to enjoy the visit with the ILs. Feel better!

Laurie :: how was your night downtown with Faith & Glen? Your description of all those tasty foods has just made my stomach rumble. I can tell this clean eatin’ thing is SO not gonna be easy this week! I wouldn’t mind sticking with the same massage therapist – I guess I don’t go often enough that they give me someone regular. The same with my pedicures. It’s always someone different. Only my hairstylist and the girl who does my waxes are consistently the same. I will ask for the one I had two massages ago. She was good.

Linda :: too funny about your DH slowing down during the game! I know what you mean…yoga is usually the first thing to drop from my routine when things start getting busy. I haven’t been to a class in over a month now! I still have three classes remaining on my 10-class pass (although I am going to be hit with a $5 fee each time b/c I went over the time limit) that I plan to use, but after that, I’m going to have to discipline myself to practice at home…I want to save that money to be able to go for more frequent massages.

Happy, Happy new year cheetahs!!!

wow, seems like 2006 came and went so fast.

i woke up early to head out for my first group run and it is raining like crazyx( x( . so they canceled but i would not have ran out side in the rain anyway (cathy you are brave). I will hop on my treadmill today and run to CC# 6 (candace). I am so very happy with myself right now. I am not computer saavy at all and i figured out how to download and then put the CC into my ipod. woohoooo!!! it's the little things that count in life:D :7 :+

i hope everyone had a great time bringing in the new year and will continue having a great time throughout the entire year!!

Sunny :: Great job on figuring out the download!! You seem to really like those iPod workouts...what does CC stand for again? Though I do run in the rain sometimes, I'm going to forego it today -- it's absolutely *pouring* & miserable out there. Not sure what I'm going to do instead. I checked out the Jan. rotation & might try to make that work. I made some substitutions for the DVDs I don't have and was thinking BC might be a great way to start off the new year and renewed commitment to fitness.

Right now, I'm off to face the scale (egads!:eek: ) and take measurements to add to my calendar. This could be ugly, cheetahs...

cathy- i know your pain. i have 12 lbs to loose...sigh, as i fill out my new cathe calendar. CC- stands for cardio coach and it' actually the only ipod workout i have. now that i know how to download them i will purchase more}( . good luck with your goals...we will both need it.

i checked out the jan rotation and will stick (hopefully) to the one i put together last night. I am going to do 2 full body weight workouts and cardio the other 4 days. 3 of them being running as i want to do a few more races this year. also will make sure i do turbokick once a week so i can feel more confident to go and teach.

Happy New Year!!!

http://www.animationer.dk/2/n/nytaar99.gif

I survived the party intact. Actually was very careful what I ate and went strictly vegetarian – which is not tough at an Indian function where half the people are vegetarian. We had a good time, too. I enjoyed seeing everyone again. Nice people. Today is a 2/3 mile run (my schedule says 2, but I haven’t done a 2 mile run in I don’t know how long!) and S&H Chest and Back with some abs. I’ll do that at the gym. Then it’s home to prime rib (nice a healthy – NOT! But it’s out traditional family New Years meal. I’ll just be careful), bakes potatoes and a big salad.

Cathy – I think a lot of people did not see the New Year rung in. Had I had my druthers, I’d be with you. Glad you’re feeling better. Enjoy your rainy run! I’m with you on the first few days of detox! I’m going to plan my day carefully today so the prime rib isn’t too bad… Well, you and I have the same amount of weight to lose. *sigh*

Sunny – I’m with you! 2006 was too fast! I hope time slows a bit in 2007. Way to go on downloading the cardio coach to the iPod!!! I’m impressed!! I was actually a little disappointed in the January rotation! I was expecting something a bit tougher. So, I, too and sticking to my rotation.

Linda - I think Carole might be better for the book. I simply track everything. I really have not found it tough to get the proper nutrients. If you are sticking with dairy and eggs, then the B12 is easy. If not, get some fortified Soy Milk and that'll do it for you.

I was talking to a few of the ladies at the party and they were wistfully saying that they would love to run the Half. So I said, “If you mean that, we’ll get you there!” They want to try, so I’m going to give them the Couch Potato to 5k schedule, and sign them up for a 5k in March/April. Then we’ll do a 10k, a 12k and who knows, maybe the Half in October. That would be fun! There’s no group here I run with, so I’ll create my own group!

happy new year to everyone!

carole-thanks for answering and helping with all questions. what would we do without you?
seeking guns- I have heard alot about that burn the fat feed the muscle book. thought about ordering it but dont know if my printer could manage to print that much material at once.

christine- If I stay with the other company, alot of the people I work with now will probably be there also. I dont know that there will be room to grow but probably wouldnt be any different than who I am with now. oh well, I will figure it out.
Hi to everyone else that drops in later!! Happy New Year!

Good morning everyone! (Well, it's afternoon, now):+ I was asleep at 10:00 last night. I get so mad at myself for doing that on NYE.

Cathy - When I do yoga, it is at home. I used to go to a class every now and then. My sister used to sub teaching yoga. She doesn't do that anymore. That sounds like a good plan! (doing yoga at home and saving the money for massages).

Sunny - Good job downloading CC#6! I love that one! I had ordered that one and #6 with Sean when they first came out. They had completed the downloads, but not the "finished product" on DVD yet. They had where you could preorder the CD and before the finished product was done, they sent you a copy on CDR. When I first received #6 with Candace, it did not have a stretch included. Then a few months later when they sent me the "real" one, it had a stretch added. I love them!

Christine - That is great that you met some people that you may be able to run with! I think it would be fun if we could all run together! Glad you had a good time at the party! Sounds like it was really enjoyable! It also sounds like you did well with the eating!

Laura - I have heard a lot about that book, too. I have always been tempted to get it.

This morning I got outside early, in order to beat the rain again. We made it! I ran 5.25 miles and came home and did Gilad's new Power and Grace. I subbed it instead of PlyoX. My legs were fried because of the hills and I thought Power and Grace would be a great lower body workout with plyometrics like PlyoX, but a little easier on my poor legs. I loved it! This was the first time I have done it.

Hi to everyone who checks in later and Happy New Year!!

Linda

Christine - Thanks for the info on vegetarianism!

Carole - Calling Carole......:+ Do you have a recommedation for a good book on vegetarianism? Not a cookbook, but one that explains the everything? TIA! Or anyone else know of any?

me again....

i just finished my run and i 4 miles (intervals) on my treadmill to some new tunes i downloaded instead of CC # 6. I also did amy bento's core from APX. some totally different core moves, i've never seen. i feel really worked out!

linda- uh-oh i feel another enabler here...lol. glad you enjoyed your new gilad workout.

christine- you party animal, lol. i too thought the jan. rotation would be harder. oh well, i am pleased with what i put together..for now:p

alrighty ladies, i am off to spend a little time at the gym where i am hired to do personal training.

ttyl...

Sunny :: Oh, right! Cardio Coach! Yes, penciling in that new number on the calendar was painful. Well, we’ve got a great support system here…I know we can do it! I’m just a little annoyed (and surprised) that I had THAT much of a backslide…I didn’t see the lbs. creeping on.

Christine :: glad you enjoyed the festivities! Good workout you’ve got planned. Hmm, you don’t think the Jan. rotation is tough enough, huh? Maybe I’ll pore over some of the older ones and pick one that’s more of a fat blaster. Glad you found some running partners—that’ll make the races so much more fun!

Laura :: Please – call me Cathy. :) I only downloaded the book and read it directly from the computer. I have not printed it out.

Linda :: I think I was out before ten myself. I don’t really mind. I’m probably an oddball, but I just don’t get hyped up over NY’s. I’m not familiar with any of Gilad’s workouts. I can picture who he is, but I didn’t think he was around anymore. How do you like his workouts? I don’t know of any books on vegetarianism, sorry. Did you try a search on amazon? Great job beating the rain!

Well, I just finished BC since the rain here never let up. A good sweat! Now I have to resist the urge to stuff my face. Something funny :: the Biggest Winner challenge at my school starts tomorrow and the phys ed teacher organizing it has called a meeting at a local diner at *6 am*. *LOL* That reminds me of when I did WW with a co-worker a few years ago…We raced to the meeting after work one day, sat through the whole spiel, and afterwards, we proceeded directly to BK for a burger and fries as we were so ravenous and all the talk of food had made us go berserk! *LOL* Can you tell the eating thing has always been the hardest part for me?? :)

Ah well…let me go get myself prepped for school tomorrow and then I might be back to see what (if anything) is happenin’. Slow day for the cheetahs. Ho hum.

Cathy :)

Happy New Year Cheetahs!

I don't have time for personals right now but I wanted to check in real quick to report on my workout. I finally took Butts and Guts out of the wrapper and did the standing legs/ab premix. After I got done I felt a bit dazed and actually found myself laughing out loud for close to a full minute! I was not terribly excited about the new workouts.....I guess I was just expecting more of the same in a different sequence. But now I have to say that Cathe is a freaking genius and one of my all time heros for sure! Butts and Guts will be the perfect leg workout for me to pair with marathon training! Cathe is just lucky she was not here when I got done because I would have given her a big old sweaty hug!

After I got done with the BG premix I did the warm up from LIC then used my elliptical for the cardio and upper body segments while I did the blasts and leg work.

Need I tell you all that I am thoroughly wiped out?

I have much to do right now but will try to be back later for some personals.

Talk to you then!

cathy-sorry! sometimes when you dont post your name at the end, I forget who is who on the actual names.I might have to get the book also. If I start p90x today then I will have to do chest and back tonight. I dont have a pull up bar though and the door holder for my band is too big for my door opening so It wont my doors wont close to hold the band. I might have to just another chest/back workout today.

I am also doing that 7 day colon internal detox system today. I drank the fiber drink. not good but not as bad as I thought it would be. hopefully this helps jump start my new eating and cleansing all the crap I have ate the past few weeks.

talk with you all later!

Elaine :: AWESOME workout!! B&G is hands-down my favorite of the new workouts.

Laura :: :+ :) it's cool...I'm just teasin'. I picked a ridiculous screen name when I signed up, so now I have to deal with it, huh? *heh heh* Interesting on the 7-day colon detox...let us know how that works out!

Today has been a struggle. I am back to using FitDay to count my calories...it is telling me to bank 428 calories per day...I just about hit the mark - but *not quite*. Only restricted 393. It was that darn Kashi cookie. Tasted like another but I'm resisting...DOH! This is so hard!! *lol*

-Cathy :)

Cathy - These are the first workouts of his that I have done since 1981. They are his three new ones. I have only tried the Power and Grace one so far. It was good....especially since my legs were already fried! ;-) His three new ones are Power and Grace, Cuts and Curves, and Core and Back. Not sure how they are going to be, but I thought I would give 'em a try!

Elaine - I know what you mean about B&Gs! I love that workout! It is different than most lower body workouts and man, oh man, does it give me DOMS 24 hours later!

Laura - Do you eat with the detox, or is it a type of a fast? When I do P90X, I have a Power Tower type thing, but since I cannot do pullups or chinups, I throw my band over the bar and use the bands.

I noticed that I forgot to add to my workout report that I did do ARX, too.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Linda

Oh, I’m stuffed! Ate too much prime rib, but it was good, and an excellent precursor to no meat for a week (or two - I think the next time I go for meat is when we go to the all-you-can eat crab feast a friend got us tickets for). I’m ready to go to bed but it’s only 6. But it was a really nice New Year’s. Went to the gym with DH, then to a favorite restaurant for an Eggplant/red pepper sandwich. Then home to watch bowl games and cook dinner. A nice family dinner, and now a relaxing evening to get back into work mode.

Laura- I’m sure you will figure it out. I wish you the best as it’s a hard decision.

Linda - Way to go in beating the rain! These ladies I’m running with are totally non-runners, so we’re going to start slow. I’ve already volunteered to “run” with them on my rest day. But, if I can get them running and we can run the half, I’ll be very happy. These are dear, dear women who want to get into shape, and even do work out occasionally, but tend to have life get in the way. What an accomplishment a half would be for them!

Sunny - So, what’s your rotation? I’m always interested in seeing if I can shake things up. I love the cardio coaches and the iTrains. They are such great workouts! Now that you’re an expert, have fun with the downloads!

Cathy - It’s not that it’s not tough enough, but it’s not what I was expecting. Last year Cathe did a 90 minute a day cardio/interval sweatfest. Had she done something like that, I’d have done it, but I’m happy with my running and lifting schedule. And I’m sooo with you on the eating! If I could just learn to say no, I’d do much better!

Elaine - I have to agree that B&G is the best of the lot. The standing legs premix is the toughest of the workout, too. Amazing. Glad you enjoyed it - and I have it in my running schedule too!

My workout was great. I think I actually prefer doing S&H at the gym because I have so many options for the dumbbells. The pullovers fried my shoulders, too. I’m feeling pretty good now. Enjoy the rest of your first day of 2007 everyone - and remember to write ’07 on your checks, not ’06 like I will do until May.

Late Cheetah checking in! Well, I woke up feeling a bit better this morning so I did my planned workout- GS C & T & abs from B & G. I was a bit shaky on the pushups, but I got it done. I am still congested/ coughing but feeling LOTS better. No more migraine at least! The girls ended up staying up to watch the ball drop in NY (11PM our time) last night!! We had a good time playing games & hanging out.

My IL's were here all day, we had a good time. I'm blessed w/ wonderful IL's. My MIL & I played lots of games w/ the girls & my dh & FIL got more work done on the computer desk. It's going to look soooo nice when they're done!!

I ate too much though- ugh!!! I made one of our favorite things- spinach bisque soup, and my MIL brought some awesome cocktail weinies in a marinara sauce, and crackers & cheeseball.... back to routine tomorrow!!! ;-)

Have a great night & I'll check in tomorrow! Must get to work on CleanMax & OrganizeMax around here!! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.