(((((Cheetahs Group Hug Tuesday)))))

Good Morning.

Judy: Family GTG on Sunday night was good. The events afterwards I did not enjoy so much. :p

Wendi: Thanks for the tip for RT's. I only go there once in a great while though so I'll likely forget by the time I go back. LOL B&G is SUPPOSED to KILL you silly. :)

Christine: Congrats on the weight loss. Good for you. You couldnt' possibly be excited for your vacation could you? :p :)

Shelly: How was your WV trip? I will be keeping a look out for Amy's kettlebell work out. Thanks for the heads up on that one. :)

Carole: LOL about the icey eyelashes. The sign of a true runner. :) I, on the other hand, have not run outside in MONTHS! I am in for a rude awakening when I start my mary training! LOL

Dallas: Drew Peterson? Wasn't he convicted and sent to prison or am I crazy? I have two 15# bells and a 20#. Yes, the hip flexors are definately a part of the swings as it's mainly a lower body exercise.

Linda: So didja work out y'day or didja rest? Any thoughts on the food checkin? Here or on the other thread? Makes no difference to me either way. :)

Cathy: Here's to hopin' you got the work load banged out yesterday.

Jackie: Nice mellow work out yesterday. What's on tap for today?

Gloria: OMG, I hope you aren't getting sick!

I feel much better this morning. My plan is to go to Group Groove Class tonight so long as I continue to feel fine and then pick up with my rotation where I left off tmrw. DH is sick now. :(

A hug is always helpful even if it comes from cyber space.

Brighton- You must be quite saddened about your dear friend. At such a young age and with a DH and young child besides, it seems so unfair.

Wendy- How are you feeling today girlfriend? You are getting more than your share of viruses. Is Joey escaping them? Or is he the vector?

Cathy- Did you meet your goals yesterday? And did you get in a WO before the interviews last night?

Jackie- I received your card yesterday, thank you!

Carole- Frosty eyelashes? yikes! Well TG the sower and its nonsense are behind you. Wow I did not realize that it ever got to 19 degrees in CA! I opted for a TM run yesterday

Gloria- When we need rest we just have to listen if not we get run down. Good idea to hit the hay early last night.

Christine- Are your headaches gone now? And how is Ved feeling ? ""
I consider horses more like dogs – intelligent and needing their people"" My kitties are very much dog like believe it or not. They even go for walks eith us. Clearly they need us. Waldo ( the stray who moved in) has assigned himself to me as his person. it is really amazing after seeing him as a stray. I have become his favorite person.

Dallas- Does DS have Pink eye? Nic WO yesterday. i like CC on a bike. Although mine is not a spin bike, it still gets my HR soaring and I sweat a ton.

Linda- I actually asked DD to get my one of those hand held bottles for Christmas. She told me if I did not giveher list she would buy me a kit to make kitty treats! (I don't feel comfortable giving loved ones, or anyone, a list of what I want)

Wendi- Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding the Rock Hill course. I try to train most of the time with hills, so I am not blown away by them. I am not sure how DD is training. I don't want to be a nosey mother. ;) Does this race close out? I need to sign up for it.

Shelly- How was your road trip to WV? I hade a look on the wather map to get an idea of distance and such. I hpe DH is well and that you enjoyed some decent stress free shopping.

Well it is time to pack lunches for the natives here. Oops... Workouts: yesterday- 4.5 TM miles with CC#3. Today- either AOS Firepower, or an Upper body pre mix and a B&G premix and some abs.

Morning ladies!

Quickie fly by...no workout cuz I overslept, but that's okay, I feel like I needed it and I have another long riding day so izz all good. Had some on-line Christmas shopping to do so it kind of worked out for me.

I do want to join in the great big group {{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}} that is needed in the den these days. Hang in there all!

Love ya gals! Hope to be back tonight. Take care!

Good Morning Cheetahs

Thanks Judy..I think a group hug is truly in order...
3.gif

Wendy...Yep, sunday was a cold run!! When do you start mary training? You probably have Drew Peterson mixed up with Scott Peterson here in Calif. He was convicted of killing his wife and unborn child. Hope you feel good enough to go to the Groove class. Hope too DH gets over it soon.

Judy...I thought we all looked pretty cool with those frosty eyelashes! It does not get that cold here very often. I think the 19 dgrees was about 10 years ago and many people had frozen pipes. Good workouts in the last few days.

Dallas...That is good you have the spin bike for cardio too. Any idea how long til you can run again? I did follow the Drew Peterson story in the beginning. Sure the guy is guilty. One of the hairdressers I work with's DH looks a bit like him..Yikes!! At least OJ finally got sentenced to something, talk about karma!!

Linda...I have always wanted to do the Flying Pig Marathon, maybe some year! it was a chilly foggy run sunday. We are having some bizarre weather.

Cathy...I don't like the whole shower thing either truthfully, but the games just seem extra irritating. I hope you got a lot of work done yesterday. Warm fuzzies back at you...:)

Jackie...Too bad your Boss did not qualify. But at least he got under 4 hours which is not easy in any way IMO. I don't use Gatorade as it affected my stomach the one time I try ed it. There are many others you can try. Cytomax, Heed, Accelerade and others. You can usually find samples or small portion to buy at a Running/Sporting Good Store. How are the legs feeling today?

Brighton..So sorry to hear about your friend. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

Gloria...The 2 times I ran Napa, the weather was always nice. But I have run marathons in nasty weather so I try not to worry! I wonder if everyone is having weird weather? We need some rain here badly. No reason at all to feel bad about not working out when you are very tired.

Got some X-mas shopping done yesterday. Today will be Pyramid legs (my own version) and 40-60 mins on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Shelly – How was WV? I’m looking forward to Amy’s Dynamic Series, too. It sounds like a fun series and very different than what she’s been doing. I do find I have to do high impact things like step in order to be able to run well. When I was only cycling, my running suffered tremendously. So, I’m going to try to keep things mixed up until my 100 mile ride comes up, then it will be strictly cycling for a couple of months.

Carole – glad you got in some FB. I did enjoy MM a lot yesterday. Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. We’ll see how it goes. :p 30 degrees is COLD! It’s been really foggy here lately, hasn’t it? I guess we’re to get rain this weekend, though. We need it but could it come during the week, please? :p Oh well, I’ll talk it any way we can get it.

Dallas – Wow – that was quite the workout you got yesterday! I love the spin bike. Did you top it off with MM? I have no idea why I have no appetite, but I’m not complaining. :eek: It has actually come back some, but I get full easier. Which is also good. It’s not an issue I normally have, so I'll enjoy it while it's there.

Linda – I’m craving protein – but that’s pretty typical. I think the season doesn’t help with the craving for carbs. I haven’t even been baking cookies, but I know I won’t be able to avoid them soon!

Cathy – Yeah – I don’t recommend the sideways down the mountain thing. It wasn’t for too long, but yes, it was pretty scary. I was nodding at the Denver issues – I-70 is not a nice road during the best of times. Those altitude gains and losses of 5000-7000 feet with semi’s right beside you the whole way scare me, and I’m not phased by many road conditions. To add snow to that?! No thank you. Hope you got your work done!

Jackie – I got your card! Thank you! Sounds like a good workout yesterday for you! Yeah, distance training is horrid on the appetite. Hopefully yours will calm down now that you’re done.

Wendy – glad to hear you’re feeling better! I wonder if it was something you ate? Excited about vacation?! Why would I be excited about vacation?!? :rolleyes:

Brighton – boy, when it rains it pours! I’ll pray for your friend! I feel for her and her family. Yes running is good therapy.

Gloria – good that you just went with the flow yesterday. I think it’s better when we listen to our bodies. I enjoy being out in nature, too. Hope you’re more energetic today.

Judy – Headaches seem to be gone, thankfully! Ved is still the same, but he’ll pull through. It’s not too bad. I love hearing that Waldo has adopted you. I am Jimmy’s person, too. Animals are so wonderful, aren’t they?

I slept very well last night, so I’m bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. However today is a rest day, so all of that energy will be channeled into other things. :D My legs are sore after the weekend’s activities followed by Muscle Max, so I’m happy there. Have a great day all.

Big Group Hug!! (((HUGS))) Good morning!

Brighton – I am so sorry about your friend! That is so sad  I am glad you got to get in the stress relieving run! It really does help to clear your head with a run. A lot of times when Dad was so sick, I would run, cry, run, cry. It really helped me.

Gloria – I am glad your DH made it hope on the bad roads! You are giving me “the fever” again! Thinking of the fly tying is making me want to go back to Mt! I see your marathon is May 23! That is around the time I would like to do a spring one. I know you told me already…but I am getting old ;) so bear with me….which one are you doing? Thanks, re: my run!

Jackie – That sounds like a perfect workout you got in yesterday!

Wendy – I am glad you are feeling better! Sorry about your DH, though! The Group Groove class sounds fun! I ended up working out last night. I ran 6 miles and did GS BS&B. I am glad I went ahead and did it. Hmm…either way on the eating checkin is okay with me. You tell me which one and I will be there ! But….I have to admit…I have a lot of work with the way I eat! I haven’t gained weight….but I sure eat the junk 

Judy – That is great that your DD is getting you the bottle for Christmas! I am the same way about giving someone a list of what I want for Christmas.! I feel really funny about it! That is funny about the kitty treats!  Great job on your run yesterday! Enjoy your workout today!! Do you like Fire Power?

Carole - I think the Flying Pig sounds like fun! Good job on the Christmas shopping! Enjoy your EXT and PLB workout! It was in the teens here a couple of days ago….today is supposed to be 55 and tomorrow 60! Then…the next day the bottom is supposed to drop out again. Bizarre weather here, too!

Christine – I am glad you slept well last night! Enjoy your rest day! LOL…I am sure I won’t be able to pass up any home made cookies! Especially if they are just baked chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin!! I am going to try to do MM one day this week! I love that one!

Cathy – I agree with you on Squeeze’s UB work. But the funny thing is….the next day I have DOMS…and then when I try it a day or two later…I can barely complete it! But I don’t really feel like it really works my UB like it needs to be worked! Did you end up getting everything done yesterday?

Last night I ran 6 miles and did GS BS&B. It felt really good!

I signed up for the Winter Series . The first race is this Sunday. It is a 5K. There is another one in January that is 4.9 miles and then in February – a 10k. I hate doing 5k’s. I am entirely too slow for them. Everyone takes off like a bat out of “you know where”. It takes me 3 miles to even really start feeling good. I will try to really warm up first on this one and maybe it will be okay. I signed up just so I can stay in the habit of doing events and for the fun!

Hope everyone is having a good day and “hey and hugs to everyone!”

Linda

Morning cheetahs! Had a busy day yest and got a start on the holiday shopping but not nearly what I had hoped for... oh well! Got a string of work nites (only 2) then a couple of days off and I am determined to get this holiday stuff out of the way!

I did get in Mindy's Action Packed w/o (75 minutes non stop intense!) and then MM upper body after we got back.

Today had lots of paperwork to catch up on... refinancing this house already as the interest rates have nicely plummeted. Gonna get in 6 miles or so on the TM with itread#3 and then a good lower body workout... not sure which yet.

Judy- Sounds like you have quite the busy crowded house lately. Opted out of a long cold run today? Can't blame ya! Definitely a good day for a group hug BTW. Hey, from someone who owns and is crazy about both cats and dogs ITA with you.. cats can love people just as much ... in their own strange way! Our WV trip went pretty well... took just about an hour, not too bad and on nice open highways too for the most part.

Wendi- DHs appointment was just a routine eye check up but he had never been to the West Va VA so he needed me for guidance... he is terrible at finding his way to new places. He never did get the hang of navigating around Philly and would constantly get lost. I sure do wish I could join you and Judy but unfortunately it is my scheduled weekend to work and they are very anal at my new job about sticking to your weekends... I had a lot more flexibility at my last job... oh well!

Christine- Congrats on the weight loss! I was joining you in MM yesterday. It does make sense about just doing pure cycling would impair the running but you have a well rounded fitness program for sure! Definitely never boring I'm sure!!

Carole- I reconsidered the itrains because their monthly motivator package made the workouts affordable but ala carte it is definitely too much $$. If you already have most of the itrains you would want than I would simply not buy from them at all. Will probably not renew the monthly motivator and use it only once. Great job getting in that 15 miles in the cold fog!!! Glad you survived the shower with sanity intact.... not sure I could have achieved that. Congrats on getting a good start on the holiday shopping!!!

Dallas- Ah... a gravity class... okay! Makes sense and also looks like fun! Oh...looks like MM was cheetah workout of the day choice yest!

Linda- I've checked out all of the marathons you mentioned except for the More marathon.... I didn't realize that one was for women over 40.... very interesting! Yes, that one in WV does sound uber challenging and I was interested in one in April or May but that is still a consideration. DH and I would love to do the Gauley some day but as you know the season is very limited. We've only been rafting on the New River... still lots of fun!

Cathy- LOL.... I didn't even realize I had thrown in a nursing abbreviation (OOB) oops! Ya figured it out anyway tho! glad to hear you took a needed personal day to catch up... hope it did the trick!

Wendy- Sorry you've been slammed by a nasty bug... feeling better just in time to nurse your poor DH now! Our trip to WV was quite pleasant yest.... thanks for asking!!

Jackie- Nice recovery workout yesterday... soreness gone yet?

Brighton - Oh dear, my heart aches when I hear about such tragedies like with your friend. You would think I would be immune to such things in my profession. Is your friend still close by where you can give her personal support. Her friends and family will be of utmost importance... HUGS!!! Yes, running is indeed a good stress reliever during times like these and I hope checking in here is a tad useful too in that area.

Gloria- good thing you listened to your body and gave it the rest you needed! Probably feeling recharged today!

that's it for now

Hi Girls!

Nope, I never got to MM. That's ok, I did get a lot done workout wise and otherwise y-day. DS did indeed have pink eye. He also has a little something going on in his lung. It didn't surprise me because those two things seem to go hand in hand with us. Anyway, he's back on Pulmicort and Xoponex. Hopefully, will get it so antibiotics are not necessary. Today, I did the EXT and GS-BSB. I'll save MM for later in the week. I hope to add some abs and an extended stretch later. We're expecting snow, so when DH gets home I'll run my errands early. :)

Shelly ~ I was *lol* a few times y-day when I thought of erroneous post to you about the Gravity class. :D Good luck with your shopping. At least, there's some great deals out there.:)

Linda ~ I think 5k's scare me. ;) I'm slow too. So, you're not 100% sold on the Wave? It looked neat though on the informercial, however I can easily get pulled into those things. :) Fun about the winter series! Good way to keep ya running! You know, I have CC#7, but don't think I've ever done it. I still have to order #8.

Christine ~ No, no MM for me. See above. Glad you're all rested up. :) I'm sure you'll get your "to do" list all done now!

Carole ~ I'd love to know when I can run again. The MT asked me y-day. Maybe I'll wait until next week. I can feel it a bit today, but I always do after she works on it. Yeah, I thought he was a look-a-like too, but there's not a doubt it was him! :eek: IA, I think he is guilty too. I think Caylee's mom is too! So, so sad!:( I laughed when I read about your ice eyelashes. I forgot to comment about them. :D

Hi Wendi ~ Have a great day at work. :)

Judy ~ Yep, about the pink eye. Oh well. It's inevitable. At least one of my kids gets it per year. IA that spin bike really can work you hard! I have a love/hate relationship with it. ;) IA hugs are definitely needed in the den. :(

Wendy ~ Nope, he's as free as OJ...well, OJ's not anymore! Sending healing {{{VIBES}}}. Well, I like lower body work, but , once again, I'll put KB's on the back burner. I'm doing pilates w/the band and some lighter leg work for now. Thanks for responding. :)

Cathy ~ It was a private event at Nordstrom's...it was nice. The had live entertainment...ppl were singing and drinking and charging (credit card)! LOL Smart move on Nordstrom's part. Waiters were walking around with appetizers and cocktails! ha ha :) Oh dear, please drive carefully. When do you leave? Good luck with all that work!

Jackie ~ Thanks, the hips is feeling better. The chiro asked me if I completely rested it or modified...LOL. He said he would have done the same thing. I like him!!! I'm sure to listen to my body and not push too much! Did you do both the pilates and yoga? How are the legs feeling today?

Brighton ~ (((HUGS))) and prayers. She's so young! :(

Gloria ~ His wife went missing, some time ago. You'll have to google to get the full report. Sad story. :( I think he's guilty though. Glad you got the extra rest. There's so much going around.

I think I'm caught up. Have a great day.:)

Shelly - It is the More Magazine marathon. I think it is
www.more.com/more-women/marathon/ - 26k. I think it would be fun...although I have never been to NYC. I haven't tried Action Packed! I will have to check that one out. Enjoy your run and UB today! Don't work too hard on your paperwork!

Dallas - It's not really that I am not sold on it ...I think the Wave is really fun and I do think it would be good...I just didn't have the patience to keep at it. I really need to do it for a while! I like that they are short workouts, too....they are around 30 minutes. It would really be good when you were short on time. Great lower body DOMS, too, but like I said....I was too uncoordinated to actually be able to excecute the upper body while trying to balance the lower body :O I got frustrated! You should try CC#7!!! IT is fun!

Hey ladies!

Brighton - So sorry to hear about your friend. Saying a prayer right now for her. Good job on the run! Hope you're feeling better soon. ((((HUGS))))

Gloria - Sure hope you can get some rest. You're not coming down with anything I hope.

Wendy - Glad you're feeling better. Hope DH doesn't give you what he has. You have been having a hard time lately. When do you start training again? The class tonight will tell if you're ready for the workouts.

Judy - A hug always works. Enjoy your workout today.

Wendi - Hope work isn't too bad today. Is it still cold? Glad you got some shopping done.

Carole - I don't know what boss's next move will be in trying to qualify for Boston. Maybe he'll try for next year. Maybe I can find some of the samples at Dick's. That's the closest thing to me. The legs are still sore but better. I'm still taking it easy. Yay for getting the Christmas shopping done. Enjoy your leg and EXT workout.

Christine - Glad you got a good night's sleep. Enjoy that rest day. Guess you can channel all that energy into work, huh?

Linda - Good luck with the winter races. That's one good way of keeping the stamina up. I like 5K best of all. Get it over and done. I try to do some warming up before I leave home and then while I'm standing around waiting, I'm bouncing around. But, you're right, they take off so fast and I find myself starting with them. It doesn't take long for me to realize it's too fast and cut the pace.

Shelly - Good job with the workouts! I'm hoping the interest rates will drop around here too and I'll definitely think about refinancing. Did you have to pay closing costs again?

Dallas - Hope the meds do the trick for DS. Got your snow boots ready? Of course, you told the chiro the truth. LOL!! They should know we have to do something. Naw, I only did the yoga. Guess I should do the pilates some too. Just so hard to work everything in.

I did SWAT Ultimate Body Definition and 15 minutes of Cool It Off Express. It was just right for today. Didn't realize SWAT was such a short workout but it worked out.

Time for lunch. Gotta go feed the lion. Enjoy your day!

Hello.

I have been MIA because our internet has been off. That often happens here in Africa, so I'm used to it. But it's still no fun!!

I got over my whatever it was that I had and have been working back up to my normal workouts. I'm so glad that "official" training hasn't begun for the 1/2m.

I have a couple questions.

What ab work do you do when you're training for a race. Do you still do the typical 2 to 3 sessions, or do you consider the stability work that you get while running to count for some of it?

Also, Shelly had mentioned running more during my "peak" training weeks, and as I look at the schedules, they seem to vary when they do the longest runs. Some seem to have the longest 9, 10, or even 12 mile runs about 2 weeks before the race. Seem seem to hit peak at about 4 weeks before the race and then taper off the long runs.

Do you guys have an opinion?

I've gotta make this one short because the internet just came on and I'm catching up. Also, I just hosted a neighborhood party for the ladies. Everyone brought chocolate and something to dip in it. Nuts, marshmallows, peanut butter balls, etc. I'm sure that since I hosted the party that none of the calories count for me, right! :rolleyes:

I will come back later with more personals but for now I just wanted to get this one in to Linda....

Linda, You can join us over at my other check in but we post personals too and I don't want you to feel pressured into having more personals to keep up with so it's up to you. If you want to participate in another check-in that's great, otherwise we can post the eats right here. :D The other check-in IS considerably smaller then the Cheetah group-just so you know.

Going to Groove class tonight. Gonna dance my tushy off! LOL

BBL!

Wendy - here would be fine with me. We can try that for a while and see how that works :)

Hi Everyone~

Thanks so much for all the hugs and well wishes. Aw, you gotta love this group. :) I'm doing okay... Well, maybe that's a bit optimistic, but I'm hanging in there. A group of old college pals are going to go visit on Thursday. She has been released from the hospital and is staying with her parents just north of SLC. (Her father is a physician, so she's in good hands there.) Thankfully we're only an hour away.

I'm trying to get to feeling better ASAP-- don't want to bring sick germs up on my visit. I'm sad to say the workouts have taken a pause the last couple days. Just too much on my plate, plus the illness... yeah, just not going to happen. Hopefully I can get to bed early and will be doing much better tomorrow. Hopefully. ;)

Sorry the personals have been a bit underwhelming from me lately. I will try and get all caught up in the next few days. I just want you all to know how much your thoughts & prayers mean to me. (Just tearing up again writing that!) :eek:

Best wishes to everyone! A round of (((HUGS))) to all in the den! :)

Judy: Joey has escaped being sick so far (knock on wood). I know the stomach virus was from his school so I either caught it directly while dropping him off/picking him up or he carried it and gave it to me. I feel great today, thank goodness. Hopefully DH will feel better by morning.
Great works out btw!:)

Wendi: Hugs back at ya, babe! :D

Carole: Yes, Scott is who I was thinking of but then...who is Drew?? :confused: I don't start training until Jan/Feb with TNT. They had sent me a big PDF file with all kinds of info that I lost when my computer crashed. Once I get another copy I'll know more. I'm startin' to get nervous. :eek: Good job gettin' some Xmas shopping done y'day.

Christine: There is/was a stomach virus going around Joey's school so I'm pretty sure that's where it stemmed from. My mom and DH also got it. Not fun. You are right-who would be excited for vacation!? LOL Hope you are enjoying your rest day!

Shelly: Nice job jumpin' on the refi while it's hot! We got an awesome deal when we bought this house so we'll probably never need to refi. I just hope the next one is reasonable.

Dallas: Hope DS is better soon! Thanks for the healing vibes. They worked as I felt great all day! :D

Jackie: I start my mary training in jan/feb with TNT. I have the SWAT work outs. I just lent BF one of them as a matter of fact. She was looking for some DVD's to follow since her work out buddy and her can't get their schedules together for work outs lately. Good job signing up for the winter series. They have a summer series here that I wanted to sign up for in 09 but I'm not sure it'll coordinate with my mary and the training. I'll have to check it out.

Laura: OMG your party sounds fab! I gotta have me one of those! ESPECIALLY if cals don't count for the hostess! Glad your internet is back up and running! :)

Linda: K, in that case here are my eats for today:
B: small banana, mini ww bagel with hummus
S: walnuts, dried apricots, craisins
L: turkey sandwich on light ww bread with ff cheese and hummus
S: small banana with natural pb
D: chicken wrap

Brighton: No apologies necessary. Come by and post personals when you have time. More hugs comin' your way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.