CHEETAHS: Gotta Getta Garmin

LauraR

Cathlete
OK. The Garmin is too, too cool. Brighton, I'm going to become part of the enabling crew. I haven’t even run with it yet, and I already love it. This morning was DH’s run, and can you believe he had the audacity to ask if he could run with it . . . before me. Sheesh! In no uncertain terms I told him that he might be the gadget boy, but this particular gadget is MINE. ☺ I will loan it to him, but not until it is well broken in.

Wendy—Your descriptions of Amy’s workouts are helpful. Thanks. I have heard good things about her cardio, and then now you’re talking about her weights. Yeah, I’m of two minds about intricate cardio. It can be fun, or it can be overwhelming. Thanks for the heads up.

Judy—Glad to know that you recommend outdoor running over TM with a movie. :) In the States I did a lot of running on a TM, but I was only doing 3 miles. It could get monotonous, but I loved that I was in total control of the speed and the hills.

Carole—Thanks for more input on Amy. Sounds like her KB might be a good starting point if I want to give her cardio a whirl. On doing weights and running on the same day . . . I do love combining weights and cardio—I think it’s because I started out with the FIRM, and that’s all they do. Cathe’s circuit workouts are some of my faves. But you take the combination to a whole new level!

Jackie—How interesting that you seem to gain weight when training for a ½? Why do you think that is? Before this experience, I would’ve never thought that could be true. I haven’t gained any, but I certainly haven’t lost any either. I'll keep your tips in mind for P90X when I start in March. I may be asking for more input when I get there!

Cathy—Love your new siggy. LOL over the Phys. Ed. vs. English trade! ITA. Language arts prep is intense—so much reading. I enjoy it, but it takes a lot of time. I was LOL with Wendi about you taking breaks from writing on the board. Yes, we do work with some of the kids you mentioned. I personally haven’t, but my co-workers have. We had a counselor here for a while who was working with girls who had just returned home after being abducted by the LRA. And my own DH actually got to witness the reunion of one boy with his father and grandfather. It gives me chills to hear him tell the story.

Wendi—OK. I’m sold. The ME/BC is in my near future. I love white bean chicken chili. I keep trying different recipes and fiddling with them. I am looking for a recipe that is “to die for” and haven’t quite found the secret combo yet. Sorry about the car fiasco!

Gloria—Thanks re: my new siggy. I’m loving it! Re: the trampoline . . . DS8 just came up to me and said, “Mom, I want a trampoline for my birthday.” (It’s in May.) I just said, “Hmmm. I’ll see what I can do.” :D Of course, the trampoline is too big a present to be just for him, but how exciting that it’s what he wants and I already have it ordered! Those Yak tracks sound good for all the pseudo-Polar Bear Cheetahs! What is the 10% rule?

Posh—SO sorry about the ordering fiasco. That is just so frustrating. You know, I had my own ordering frustration recently with Wal-Mart. I tried to order both my Garmin and the trampoline from them, but they just out and cancelled both orders. I ordered the Garmin from Target and had my friend order the trampo for me. I was ready to cuss because the internet is so slow over here that all the ordering had taken forever. So I feel your pain!!!! Wow to all your cooking. We do all our cooking from scratch over here, so I feel like I do a lot of cooking. Sounds like you might do just as much!! You go, girl!

Hello to Shelly, Karen, Christine, Brighton, Linda, and Dallas.

I’m off to the pool.

Good morning Ch-ch-ch-ch-Cheetahs!

Enjoying a bit o' quiet time with my cappuccino before I get my day going. Woohoo, I'm off today so I've got quite the agenda...barn to feed and muck, 8 miler, clothing returns to pack up and take to UPS, oil change/car wash, lunch with DSO, LaundryMax, hair appt, and, well, I *think* that's it:p.

Laura - Thanks for starting us off. Must...resist...Garmin...enabling;):confused:. You're evil:p! Glad you like your new toy. Sooooo, when is your first run with it?

Cathy - LOVE the ski bunny!!! Glad you had a fab workout yesterday:D. Uggh, a flat on a Monday?? *NOT* how ya want to see the week start...so sorry:confused:. The locksmith didn't get here until almost 8:00 putting me about 2 hours behind schedule on an already holy-moly-jam-packed day. Oh well, I got through it...barely;). So what do you have planned for your day off today?

Carole - OMG, you ROCK woman:eek::D:cool:!!!!! Awesome job!!! I fell asleep...did the Steelers win?

Judy - LOL about the day getting better...it got worse thanks to WonderChick but, I always get the job done:confused:. Nice run you put together yesterday...probably felt great!

Gloria - No need to apologize for anything...I didn't see any negativity. I can't even imagine dealing with the cold and weathr that you guys get up there. I know I couldn't take it and would probably be looking to kill someone by now:p. I can't believe that your school's heating system doesn't cut it:(. I would think that it would be top notch considering the area of the country. Try to stay warm, sweetie! 10 inches is 10 inches too much at this point in the season lol. We were forecasted to get 1-2" and ended up with 6"...what up wit dat:confused:? Hmmmm, Yak Traks, eh? Interesting:cool:.

Poah - Oh no, I'm soooo sorry about DH and your uber-nuts schedule:(. Sending lotsa positive {{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}} your way! Also, sorry about BB jerking you around:(:(. LOL, yeah, I still had gas left in the tank...thank goodness my leetle car is good on gas;). Enjoy your extra day of R&R!

Karen - More {{{HUGS}}} and prayers coming your way. Hopefully the docs will be able to help your dad.

Gotta jet if I want to stay on track today. Have a great day ladies and I'll talk to yas sometime a bit later.

Honoring Dr. King...

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

mlk_flag_opt.jpg

Is anyone doing anything to participate in the national day of service today? I am, sort of. I've signed up to give blood this week and will spend part of the day reading/planning for a new service learning project I’ll be teaching this spring. If anyone is interested in finding a volunteer opportunity near you (today or in the future), here is the MLK Day site with listings in all states: http://www.mlkday.gov/

Posh—you definitely have your hands full there. Had to smile at your expression “minor stressful situations.” Unemployment stressful? Chyeah, just a wee bit! But of course, you deal with it all with grace and with your sense of humor intact! Probably can’t say the same about the bottle of vino, though, huh?
wink2.gif
gigglesmile.gif
Hang in there, homes! I’m keepin’ Mr. Posh & the clan in thought & prayer, that you’ll ride out this storm OK.
th_shitstorm.gif
…As for CLX, that whole thing is
ridiculous. Sorry you had to see the worst of the infamous Beachbody customer service. I don’t blame you for not ordering from them again in the future. But make sure you get CLX first! *lol* It's just the ticket for a super-busy
th_panicsmiley2.gif
mucheetah.
th_biggrin.gif
Thanks re: the sig. Cracked up at
the kid who thinks you’re a looney bird for watching a whole movie on the TM. Enjoy your day of respite from the office chaos. You thoroughly deserve it!!!

Karenyou must be out of your mind with worry. But I’m glad your dad is stable again and headed to the best care there is. Continue to keep us posted, please, and know that we are here for you.

Laura—sounds like you gotta getta Garmin for DH now! *lol* Have fun with it today. As you’ve heard, we all love ours here…*lol* Yeah, it’s a good thing I only write on the board one time per day. We’re not talking a whole lot, either—the objectives, do now, agenda, and HW. So, it was some seriously INTENSE delt fryin’…I enjoy the prep, too. It’s the formative and summative assessment of 100 students that buries me at times…Wow. It is so heartrending to hear of the life these children have led, but to see it firsthand must be unbelievable. You might recall, when you first started posting with us, I shared briefly about a service learning project my students were involved with in the past. We made children’s books which were sent to night commuters in Uganda. After my first year in a new school district (my current one), a $250 participation fee became attached to the project, and I had to let it go for the timebeing. Since then, I’ve been so bogged down with our massive curriculum overhaul, service learning hasn’t been a part of my teaching. Last summer, we began looking at including Ishmael’s Beah’s A Long Way Gone as part of a book clubs unit, so my thoughts naturally returned to the Uganda project. Lately even more so thanks to our discussions here. What would you say the kids there need most? Books? (And if so, would well-made handmade books be appreciated?) School supplies? Appreciate any thoughts you could share.

Wendioh yikes—that was a slow response yesterday. Glad you survived the ordeal! As for the flat tire on a Monday? Now that’s just humorous. What else can ya do but laugh?...Have a wonderful day off!

Today it's back to Burn Circuit #1.

Have a great day!

Hello Friends

Thomassina- I am so sorry about the employment situation for DH, and I hope he gets a better position and quickly. We have seen so much of it in our community also.

Wendi- Geesh, when yo have a glitch in your day it is no small feat. Thankfully you did not run out of gas, but I am sorry you had to endure the stress of it all. Enjoy your busy day off, especially lunch with DSO.

Karen- Transfering Dad to the #1 heart hospital in MD is a good move. I hope the diagnostic procedure is helpful in determining if he needs stents or other intervention. (This is what DH does for a living) Keep us posted and forget about the food intake, it will pass.

Cathy- thanks for the link for service. I'll take a look. It is time I considered something again. Last winter I had a meaningful project.

Carole- congrats again on your great team performance yesterday!

Laura- The Garmin has made outdoor running even more fun. I am am more likely to continue on based on the stats, where I am, and how I am feeling at the time.

Christine- have you left us?

Today is an upper body and ab session and clean max. DS had midterms so he is set up for study max in the dinning room. Next weeek DD will have midterms. (different schools)

Grrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad:!

So my planned 8 miler is out the door cuz we got a bit of snow last night and the streets just aren't clear enough yet and I have to go NOW or not at all:(. Drat cuz I think it's the only day I'll be able to run this week. Well, I guess Plan B is going to be 4DS KB, HIS/LIS cardio. Should be fun:D!

Be back a bit later.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks re: my 22 miles. What a blast! Glad you loved Burn it Off. That is great you are giving blood this week. I have never done that (hate needles). Enjoy Burn Circuit today.

Posh...So sorry about DH being laid off...:(...sending {{{HUGS}}} your way. That stinks about the Beachbody issues! Don't know why some get those problems. I am like you, once I get jerked around I do not order from that company again. It was a bit brisk and windy for the start of the relay yesterday, but we did warm up and it was perfect running conditions. Thanks...:)..Nice you have a monday off with me...:D

Wendi...Thanks re: my 22 miles...:)...Yep the Steelers are going to the Superbowl! Along with the Arizona Cardinals. Sorry about the snow and bad street situation for your 8 miles. Cathe's cardio is by far the next best thing!!

Judy...thanks re: our team performance. Enjoy your upper body and ab work today.

Gloria...thanks re: my 22 miles. It went very well...:)..I bet DH's Steeler friend is very happy today! My DH and I often watch the SuperBowl by ourselves.

Karen..thoughts and prayers for your Dad.

Laura...Congrats on the Garmin. My sister's DH got one too and was asking me questions yesterday after the relay. I agree about Cathe's circuits workout, they put the FIRM ones to shame...:)

So shocking enough to say my legs are sore!!! Especially my quads and I did expect it. I did the fastest pace yet (10:14) for a long run yesterday. Today will be GS sho, bi's, tri's, abs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Posh - So sorry to hear about DH losing his job. Your family will be in my prayers. Sorry about the BB fiasco too. That would put a sour taste in your mouth on ordering from them again.

Karen - So sorry to hear about your dad. You and he are in my prayers.

Laura - Glad your Garmin arrived! It is the coolest thing. Love it! Laughing at DH wanting to try it out before you. Guess he wanted to work some of the kinks out for you. :D Think I gain weight from training because I tend to up the calories a little. And, without the weight training, I'm not building the muscle I need. That's why I want to do it a little differently the next time around. You'd think with all the running, it would burn off anything I eat. :confused:

Wendi - Quite a busy day for your day off. Hope you got to relax a little. You know you need a Garmin too. :D Sorry your 8 miler got canned!

Cathy - No plans to participate in national day of service. With all the talk, it may motivate me to do something during the year. Your plans sounds great. I'll check the link out. I add 20-30 minutes of cardio after BC#1 & BC#3. Tuesday, Thursday (I use Burn Int. for warm up) and Saturday (I used Burn It Off as a warm up), I run.

Judy - Hope you had a good workout and got all of your cleaning done. Good luck to DS & DD with mid-terms.

Carole - Great job with the 22 miles! Great pace too! Sounds like you deserve a good massage. How did the legs feel with the EXT today?

I didn't get here yesterday. We had early church service. Then, I had to attend a cousin's funeral. He'd been sick for quite some time and he's at peace now. Visited my mom and DBF came up after that. He threw my whole routine off today but I'll get over it.

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I did BC#1, iClimb #22 30 minutes and iStretch #24. I tried the bands with BC#1 and they didn't work too well. I could never get the right tension. Only got to try it on a couple of exercises and then the darn thing broke. Needless to say I'll be sticking with weights. I tried my vest today too. It's going to work well. I only added 8 pounds. I could feel the difference but it still wasn't enough weight. I'll add another 5 pounds for BC#2 and see how that goes. I stayed with the same weights as Chalene.

I watched a cutesy movie Saturday. Let's see there was Enchanted. Then, I watched Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd. Always like that movie. I taped Alvin and the Chipmunks and I'm going to watch it now. Can you tell I'm a kid at heart. :D

Today was a holiday for me. Hope everyone had a nice day.

Evening, cheetahs! :)

BC#1 done—whoo! This time I matched Chalean (I'd gone conservative the first time around) for a good challenge. It makes me laugh when she says, “Jump up ‘cause you’re not tired!” Ha. :D I like the guy Mike who’s in this one because I’ve noticed he is always grimacing.

Carole—fantastic pace yesterday! Hope the EXT flushed out those quads nicely.

Jackie—My sympathies about your cousin. I’m glad he is no longer suffering…*lol* about DBF throwing off your routine…Bummer about the band break…Being a kid at heart keeps us youthful. Double Jeopardy is a good one. Have only seen some of Enchanted but would like to see the whole thing…Wow, I’m very impressed by the add-ons you’re doing!! I’ve been tempted but am still working the program as-is for now. Curious to see how that works out…I definitely felt inspired by President-Elect Obama’s call to service. I would like to research and get involved with something else during the year, too.

Wonder where Wendy has been. Did she go broke at the party? :eek:

Hey Girls.

I'm back....FINALLY, right? LOL

The party on saturday was lots of fun! :D:D:D

I slept at BF's and when I got up in the morning I got a call from DH that our heat was not working. He was fixing it but didn't want me to come home with DS until it was warmer in the house so from BF's I went to my mom's where DS was staying and hung out there. Well, what was supposed to be a pretty simple job turned into a day's worth of work and aggravation for DH. Needless to say, DS and I never made it home until after dinner. I was tired, never got my work out in and was upset about wasting the entire day doing nothing so I was cranky but I survived...Got up this morning in a good mood until I tried to re-up my anti virus program and had trouble. I ended up online with a tech for far too long and it ate up all of my work out and forum time before work. :mad:

All that said, when I finally got home from work today and was able to work out, I was THRILLED! I felt sooo much better when I done as I was finally able to release the aggravation from yesterday and this morning. :) I did Bodystrikes and Slo Mo Chest, Bi, Tri. I did 2 sets of each exercise again instead of 3, going heavy and I skipped the push ups-didn't need them, trust me! :eek: I also did 100 bicycle crunches to hit the abs quickly but GOOD at the end of the work out. Got a great work out! Fried both upper and lower body. WOOH!:D

Cathy: LMBO at my going broke at the party. Like I spent so much that I can no longer afford my internet connection!!! :D I no longer have a subscription to Cathe's nutrtion program. I never re-upped the first time cause I fell off the food logging wagon several weeks before the subscription was up. :confused: I also have to wonder if I need to concern myself with the "report card" right now. I think I need to focus more on my calories and macros and once I have a handle on that THEN I can get back into trying to get good grades. :) That being said, I'll probably start out using FitDay and go from there.

Jackie: I think DH and I watched Double Jeopardy a long time ago and that is when I found out that he is sweet on Ashley. ;):D Sorry the band thing didn't work out and what a bummer that the band broke. Good work out today though.

Laura: Glad I could help re: Amy. Listen, if you are interested in KBX let me know before you decide to buy. Perhaps it would economical for me to sell and ship it to ya. I don't use it anyway and will only eventually end up selling it on Ebay or Amazon anyway. Can't wait to hear how you like your Garmin!!!!! So how are those pups doing? :D

Gloria: Actual training starts for me soon too. I have a TNT meeting on Thursday and that's when I should be assigned a coach and receive my training plan from them. Good luck! :D

Carole: Great race!!!! Sorry about the sore quads but think of them as a bad of honor for a job well done! :) That's what I tell myself when I am so sore I wanna die after a long distance run. :eek:

Posh: Holy cow. BB is really f'ing your order up, huh? Jeez! I don't blame you for being :mad::mad::mad:.

Karen: My thoughts and prayers are with your and your father. I hope he will be ok. (((HUGS)))

Wendi: So didja get out for that run or not? It's finally startin' to warm up here. We are gettin' lots of little snow falls but I'll take it over the sub zero temps! :eek:

I think that catches me up pretty good for now.

BBL!:)

Last edited:
Good evening ladies!

Boy, runnin', runnin', runnin'....but not hte fun kind of runnin';). Did pretty good on the to-do list...not 100% but I'll take it:). I had fun with 4DS KB, HIS, LIS today...I'm glad I did them in that order or I don't think I would have made it *lol*.

Okay, so it's supposed to be a bit chilly in the morning (about 14 degrees) but I think I *may* be able to squeak that run in tomorrow morning. Even if I can't get all 8 miles in I'll run for as long as I have time for and be satisified with that. I'm actually feeling pretty confident that I'll be okay in the mileage department come March.

Cathy - Way to lay on the guilt trip about service today:p...you know I'm just kidding! I think that's wonderful that you've got something in the works and that you're planning on giving blood this week! I actually *wish* I could donate as I honestly would. I've been advised not to donate due to my unusually low blood pressure and sugar sensitivities:(. Your comment about your flat being humorous is exactly the same approach that I've had lately...laugh it off *shrugs*. I guess some of your Zen vibe has finally rubbed off on me;). Awesome job on BC#1!

Judy - LOL, yeah, every minute of every day is planned out so when one thing goes wrong...well, the whole day is :eek::eek::eek:!!!! Best of luck to DD and DS on their upcoming midterms (aren't they a little late?). Lunch was delicious, BTW, thanks for asking! Great job with the UB, abs and CleanMax.

Carole - WOW, amazing pace yesterday. It's no wonder your legs are talking to ya:eek:. I hope the sorerness eases quickly! Although, how bad can it be when you're planning on jumping on the EXT for 40 min...you're nutso! Hope you enjoyed GS. So who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl?

Jackie - I like your little movie marathon...sounds like perfect chill time:D! So sorry to hear about your cousin...{{{HUGS}}}. BTW, how is your BIL doing? WOW, killer workout today!

Wendy - I was starting to think that you were too busy playing with all your new toys to come and join us:p! Honestly, so sorry to hear about the heat issues....UGGH!!!!! Now is *not* the time for stuff like that! Uhhhhhh, yowzas, did you make up for lost time in the workout department...WTG! I 100% agree with you about these little dustings...I'll take it over -12*:eek:.

Hoping all of our MIA Cheetahs are well. Would love to have you gals drop in, even if it's just to say everything's okay:)....I can't help but worry about you all!

Gonna go tackle another round of LaundryMax and start taking down the Christmas tree. Yeah, alright, go ahead and tease:p...I deserve it *lol*. Nightie night ladies!

Hello Cheetahs!

Thank you Cathy for posting that pic of Dr. King. The words in that famous speech always make me cry.

Carole: Well, I would say you kicked some a$$ out there on Sunday. Wine glass and a coffee cup? Cool! I forget, do you drink coffee? If not, you can always use it for soup. Hope your quads are feeling better after the EXT today.

Cathy: I am getting geeked for the conference. I am glad I didn't buy CLX because I ended up buying DH two knives he wanted from the shop. I do not know what the big deal is with men and knives. It is a huge thing for them. At least the guys I hang out with. DH bought one for each of our good friends for Christmas and they were talking about them all night! Whatever, I guess. I had school today. We spent some time talking about the day's significance. I am happy that CLX is working so well for you. I missed reading your posts during the week when I was too much of a crabby you know what to post! :) I did the animal shelter thing for service at the end of 2008. They were so greatful. We are going to make it a 5th grade project next year. We are thinking maybe the kids can do some work at the shelter. Animals and children go well together.

Posh: Yikes on the BB order. The complaints I have read are one of the reasons I waited so long when I was going to order the program. I do not blame you for never ordering there again. I am so sorry for your DH being layed off. :( How are you and your family doing? Good luck with work tomorrow. :)

Jackie: Sounds like you have been working out hard and relaxing too. Good for you! I have not seen any of those movies, but I bet I would like them.

Wendi: Yeah, I have been wanting to strangle DH a few times! LOL! He has felt the same way about me I am sure! I Googled the Yaktraxs and I think I am going to get some. I do not think running on the treadmill primarily for the next 2 and 1/2 months is a good idea for marathon training. I am sorry your run got cut out of your plans. You are one busy lady! How are those horses doing in these cold temps? How are you faring with your new career options? I remember you talking about that.

Wendy: I am using a running program from one of the marathon books I have. That stinks about your heat problem! Did you have a hoot at the party? Missing a workout is no big deal. You will still be doing a lot better than a lot of people.

Laura: The tramploline is the subject of many personal narratives in my class. Don't get it, but I am old compared to my students. I never had a trampoline and was not allowed to have video games. We played school, bank, etc.
Yesterday was 1.5 miles and LowMax blast premix. Today I did 30 min. of Yoga for Happiness. Tomorrow will be a run. You are doing such good things for the people in your area.

Has anyone talked to Christine? I have been thinking of everyone on the check-in, but she is consistent with checking in daily.

Take care Cheetahs! :) I'm ready for bed.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.