::: CHEETAHS ::: Friday ROCKS! 6.8

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs, & happy Friday!!! :) :) :)

This has felt like such a loooong week (end-of-the-year madness is kickin' in!), so Friday is most welcome!! It's gonna be a scorcher - 100 degrees - so I'm thankful to have M/E upper body split and abs on this afternoon's agenda. Afterward, it'll be a graduation party for a bit and then time to fast again (since the bloodwork fell through last week).

Sunny :: did you do the Power Squeeze abs - the one with the ball? I agree they are TOUGH! I'm not sure I've tried the Full Body abs yet.

Have an excellent Friday!! Catch up with you all later~
Cathy :)

Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

I am unsure of what I will do today. I may be flip-flopping my friday and saturday work out plans due to time constraints for today but I'll know more later...

So what's up for this weekend? I am going to a graduation party tmrw afternoon for DH's cousin's son who is graduating from 8th grade. Tmrw night we were supposed to go dancing again as DH's mom and sister asked if they could take Joey home with them for the night from the party. Well, DH got asked to work o/t tmrw that he can't turn down. If he works more then 8 hours he is not going to feel like going dancing so we may have to nixx that. In an effort to make it up to me, he asked his mom to take DS tonight as well so that him and I can go see the new Pirates movie. Sooooo I will be trekking up to north jersey this afternoon to drop him off.

So I must admit that all of this talk about Squeeze is KILLING me! I am getting soooo tempted! I am surprised I have resisted so far! LOL I'd like to resist a bit longer so please be nice to me, okay? :p

Well, I am over-due for personals so I'm gonna go get caught up on them!:)

Carole: So you enjoy Amy Bento's work outs? Her and Tracey Staehle's stuff have been tempting me but some how I continue to resist the call. I think Squeeze will reel me in before they do! :p

Gayle: Congrats on the weight loss! GOOD JOB!!!! Well I am glad to hear that you are not totally nuts since you used the rider mower on your rest day! LOL The walk isn't so bad...using the push mower would have been FAAAR crazier IMO!}( :p :+ :7

Christine: Okay so you are going to enroll Jimmy in doggy daycare? Does this mean that you will be dropping him off and picking him up like your child every day before and after work?? I got the name of the bike shop in my area that is recommended to buy spin shoes. I am going to take a ride there soon. I'm excited!:)

Laurie: Oh my goodness! What a work out y'day! Great job!!!

Sunny: Sorry you missed your first chance to teach a class. I know you'll do great when you get to do it though!

Shelly: You averaged 8:30 for a 5 mile race!? OMG! You'd leave me in the dust at the Sheehan Classic! LOL My friend can't do the PineBeach run with me but I think I will go it alone since that is the one that Cathy will be at as well. I told my friend I will do the Sheehan if she really wants to but I'm not sure yet.

Cathy: When you post your Squeeze work out it looks like Morse Code to me! LOL I am going to HAVE to buy this work out just to be able to de-code your work outs! LOL

Hey, guys. A QUICk post for me. Today is Field Day in DS's Kindergarten class and I'm helping out.

This morning was IMax 3. The start of week 2 of the June 07 rotation.

The loss at the scale yesterday really motivated me into this weekend.

SORRY to hit and run! STAY STRONG!

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs! This will be another short post (hangs head in shame). Yesterday was a rest day. Today may be a rest day even though I will be push mowing our lawn. It takes an hour to mow it, but our lawn is hilly so I will be able to get in a decent workout.

Well, I really need to get to work. I'll try to come back later. Today is a short work day for me so I will be leaving work at noon. YEAH!

Have a nice day!!

Hello Cheetahs!!!

G'morning Cheetahs! I've been busy w/ the girls so far this week on their first week of summer vacation! My brother ended up dropping by on Wed & we had the best day of laughing & having fun. Took the girls to see Shrek 3 which was funny. I've sooo missed having him around. And they are doing the summer reading club at the library so we'll be going there at least once a week for new books. Hannah already read 3 of her Magic Tree House books y'day- she loves them! Kiersten's really doing well w/ her reading too. Allison *pretends* to read, but she already picks up a lot from seeing her big sisters!

We're heading out camping for a couple days. We own some property in MO, so we have some mowing to do & we leave our pop-up camper there so we'll set it up & air it out. Then we can relax, have fun, fish on the pond, etc. The girls are excited!!

Must get packing. I'm taking today as a *rest* day but plan to do some at least walking if not a run tomorrow. Then my recovery week is over & I'll be in Phase 3 of P90X next week!! :eek:

My workouts have been- 12 mile bike on Wed, Core Syn Thurs morning, and then GS legs (standing only) + CoreMax tough core premix in the afternoon.

Have a great weekend, Cheetahs!

RE: Hello Cheetahs!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...for me, I love ab work but just don't love planks...:)...good job with the run and Squeeze. I used t be true to one shoe, but ever since my bunions started talking I have been using Asics as they come in wider widths. Wow! 100 degrees...good reason to stay inside for ME upper body split and abs!

Wendy...so far I have resisted Squeeze too. I do like Amy but not Tracey. This weekend I am sure will be more painting for me...:)

Gayle...good job with Imax3.

Kristi...I would say a push mower would give you a workout, especially over hills!

Jess...enjoy camping with the family.

I have some DOMS for Amy's lower body workout yesterday. And (thanks Shelly) I ordered Amy's Hi/low and Kickbox Extreme workouts.

Today I'll do some of Amy's APX upper, abs and 30-40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning all! Wow, did I have a megasleep last nite! Got in 9 hours:eek: :eek: Well, I guess the old bod needed it. I tried out the full body Squeeze workout yesterday. I was pretty darn surprised at this workout. If you pay attention and do it correctly you really feel the burn... and the DOMS the next day:7 It is also a great travelling workout, uses minimal equipment and I like that!

Cathy- Don't blame you for being loyal to Asics, they make a great shoe. I think I'll be sticking with the 2120s for a while myself.
100 degrees in NJ?!! With the humidity there that's got to be pretty darn uncomfortable! Are you going to do the Squeeze abs today? I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for recommending this workout. I like working my muscles in new and challenging ways.

Wendy- Sorry about the Squeeze talk }( This workout has a lot of yoga inspired moves in it BTW... not that I'm trying to enable you of course!;-) Actually the 8:30 pace yesterday is only my speed training pace which is a little slower than my actual race pace, hopefully. Last year I did a 5 miler in NJ (Barnegat Bay) where I paced at 8:00. Hopefully I can achieve that again...we'll see.
Hey, there's no rule that you have the RUN the Sheehan classic. There will be plenty of folks that will be jog/walking or just walking it.... and you'll still get a finisher medal!

Gayle- Seeing that scale move down is one helluva motivator I agree!
I bet you sailed through IMAX3 today!

Kristi- Don't you dare hang your head in shame there girl! We love reading your posts and keeping us informed when you can. You've got a lot on your plate lately! I'd say your mowmax routine for today
will be plenty of workout for ya!

Jess- Have a great camping trip.... sounds like FUN :7 :7

Carole- Wow, you got both of Amy's EXT workouts? You are in for a treat! Her Kickbox workout in particular is innovative and challenging. I usually have to modify KB workouts, including Cathe's
to up the intensity.... but not this one!

SunnyD- I'd be the "only one" at your class???? Hah! I feel safe in predicting that by this time next year a person will need to be reserving a spot well in advance.... the word will spread!

Time to get the fanny in gear :) I'll be doing HCE#2 and the Squeeze Abs, later it'll be a 40 min EXT session. Tomorrow will be a longer hill run and All Body Attack:)

tata

ShellyC

Good Afternoon ladies,

cathy- i did the flat abs squeeze segment! loved it!! now you've got me wanting to go check out the abs on the ball. i just adore the versatility of this dvd.

wendy- thanks for the boost. we'll see as time goes on. in their new brochure they call me the drill instructor, lol. seems so funny to see my name in the brochure.

carole- you do not like tracey? why not, may i ask?

shelly- i hope your prediction is right. than again i don't know if i will feel comfortable with that many people in the class:D enjoy your squeezing today, lol.

kristi- no need to hang your head in shame. everyone here completely understands. no worries! happy pushing, lol.

today's workout for me was an istrength full body workout and a yoga class. i had to bring ds #1 to work with me today and we both took the yoga class. the ladies got a real kick out him!!

ttyl...

Happy Friday:) I ran a lovely 8K this morning, headed out around 7:30, it was great if I stayed in the shadows but man it was draining to run in full sun! No chance of getting out earlier but I am just not a 'late in the day' exerciser.

Cathy, I had no intentions of going for a ride yesterday, PowerMax was 'instead of'....a bike ride on top of all that is just CRAZY TALK!;-) Sorry to make you repeat yourself but I'm out of the loop on your blood work, you okay? Hope so...:)

Wendy, I guess Grad season is here full tilt! My 18 yo Elizabeth is graduating High School on June 28, she's much more excited about prom which is June 21st, she has styled herself out!! She's going for the classic Marilyn Monroe look, blonde curls....my baby's turned into a bombshell:eek: :7

Gayle, have fun with Field Day, I used to love that day, POPSICLES!!:) My 16 yo Marley has her Field Day today as well but they call it Olympiad...the end of the year is so close now.

Jess, sounds like fun, summer's here and the living's easy (unless of course you're the Mom:+ ;-) :) )

Carole, I think you'll really like Amy's hi/lo and Kboxing, it took me a few times to get used to it but I like them now:) Savour the DOMS you earned it:)

Shelly, glad you got such a good sleep last night, I only got 6 hours so am feeling a bit vacant (but no one seems to notice:+) I really like All Body Attack and all of the new CIA stuff. The Gay Gaspar Step is very fun!

Sunny, that's so great that your son came with you. A gym I used to go to had a Mom and Kids yoga class, Faith was about 4 then and we really enjoyed it, those little ones are crazy limber, so cute too!

Time to get back to work, I usually have a max of 5 massages but today it's 6, I gotta learn to say no:) Three down, 3 to go..

Enjoy your day ladies:)

Take Care
Laurie

No time for personals now but hopefully later!

I just finished a work out...I did Cardio Core Express and inserted a home-made 6 round pull up/push up/ab work circuit into it. It was tough, fun and I was sweatin' bullets! I am going to try to get to the gym later on this afternoon for a run as well!}(

BBL I hope!:)

Afternoon, lovely cheetah ladies :)

I couldn’t be any happier that the weekend has begun!! :) :) :) The kids are starting to get really rammy…it’s time for SUMMER!!!

Wendy :: chuckling at the confusion over the Squeeze abbreviations…sorry, I’m partial to mish-moshes on this DVD…And I promise I’m not trying to enable – just reporting what I’m doing! FS stands for Full Body Squeeze, CS for Custom Squeeze, and PS for Power Squeeze…Your custom-made w/out today sounds tough! Good job!

Carole :: I’ve never liked ab work, but since the X, I have become more disciplined with it. I have a bunion, too, and I do like the nice, wide toebox in the Asics. Enjoy today’s workouts!

Shelly :: I do think that is the key with Squeeze – really concentrating. Without that, you could probably breeze through much of it…Oh, absolutely, I have no shame in being loyal to Asics…Before the AT injury, I used to wear mostly Nikes and Adidas, but the modifications to the models over time just didn’t work for me…I will probably do the PS abs with the ball. I am toast with that one. It’s short but killer!

Sunny :: I don’t think I’ve done the flat abs…so now I might have to do that one! *lol* Oh definitely – I gotta hear what you think of the abs with the ball. Maybe I’m a wuss. *lol* Aw #1 did yoga? Too cute!

Laurie :: great job putting in the miles despite the sun…oh OK, I misunderstood on the bike ride then! *lol*…Oh yes, I am fine…this is routine bloodwork for my acne meds. I should be done within the next month or so. Wow! Marilyn? You will have to post us a pic or two.

I have the TV on in the background and just overheard a reporter say, "...And the Center City Toesucker may have struck again." ????
*lol*

OK, I'm off to start M/E u/b and then the ab work.

Hi to all other cheetahs! Have a great night!
~Cathy :)

Hey All -

Graduation was really nice. We all went out for dinner afterwards except the graduate who went to a grad party with the school at a local race track - they got to drive go carts around the track all night. Here's a photo of the family at her graduation - Dad, Anna (dd14), me, DH, Maja (DD18), Jai (DS23) and Brenda (a close family friend):

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16406488/258353503.jpg

We took dad and the dogs to Carmel today. Went on the 17 mile drive around Pebble Beach and some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. The cliffs to the sea, the rocks, etc are so gorgeous. We also saw some harbor seals and their pups. Very cute. Then we went to Carmel to eat and ate too much. Then we took the dogs for a walk on the Carmel beach. I decided I want to sell the house and move there, right now. Problem is, even if we sold the house and all of DH's stock, we probably could not afford a house there. *sighs* Oh well. It's just stunning. Walking a white beach surrounded by mountains and granite rocks... Here's a photo of Dad, DH and I at Lone Cypress. The tree in the back ground is 250 years old.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/16748440/258354902.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.