::: CHEETAHS ::: friday rocks!!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs, & happy Friday!! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/fiesta.gif

Caught up last night, so this'll be a brief one:

Christine ~ that looks like a killer workout!! *gulps* I don't know if I'd make it through a double! *lol* I like the idea of alternating bells and weights every cycle. Thanks for sending it.

Wendy ~ sorry about your headache. Hope it's gone this morning...My workout didn't get the kibosh, just my long run.

Today's workout will be u/b weights and abs.

Have a great day!

Happy Friday Cheetahs (YES!!!)!

I fell like saying a prayer or something! Thank goodness it is FRIDAY!!!!! :) I slept in a half an hour this morning. I was way too tired when I first got up. I am still on schedule though.

Wendy: Sorry about your headache. Honestly, I haven't had one of those in a while. Well, one that wasn't CAB induced! }(

Cathy: I LOL about your "asics take me away" remark! :) I myself wear Nike Air Pegasus 2007. I was a long time lover (since college) of Adidas Boston Classics. I think my 5th graders have a bit of senioritis as well. They will be going to the middle school next year and are TERRIFIED. I have been trying to take some time out to answer any questions about it since I worked there and know the teachers, routine, etc. The locker thing has them riled up. I told them to buy a padlock this summer and practice with that. Yeah, health class was a hoot! 7th graders are so squirrly! I have about 8 credits left to get my masters and will probably work on that next summer. Enjoy your workout today! T.G.I.F.

"GOOOOOOODDDDD FRIDAY MORNING" :) :) :) :)

Sunny: That's some workout. I'll have to think about it. I am saving my mad money for shorts and things--but you girls are making it hard not to try some of these workouts. :)

Shelly: That is some road trip. I bet it was neat going through diff states. MY SIL and her DH traveled last summer from Utah to NY. She said it was beautiful trip minus a few hotel problems.

Posh: Are you following WW? I never understood the points system.

Cathy: Thank you so much for the kind words regarding DH's friends. That is exactly how we feel. As for the kids, I think we just raised them to do whatever they dream to do. Oldest DD is so not cop material. I'm not sure there is a set personality for that position. She wouldn't hurt a fly, much less get real angry at anyone. An example: She ran cross country/track for 6 years for the school (started in 7th grade) It was more a social thing for her. She loved it and made a llot of friends. In her senior year, to her surprise, in a final race she was on fire. Passing the other teams, towards the end she comes up to a teammate, we are screaming "Run Jess run" What does she do? She smiles----is neck and neck with her teammate, pats her on the back and says "I'm so sorry I have to pass you" This is in a race mind you. Youngest DD was like "OMG NO --go go go" To this day, the track coach remembers that moment and talks about it at first day training :) He tells them--"DO NOT BE AFRAID TO PASS YOUR TEAMMATE!" :) And here she is finishing her degree and moving into the law enforcement field. Go figure :)

Christine: what kind of rotation are you doing?

Gloria: We posted at same time. Great picture. My goodness you are a tiny thing :) Is that your classroom?

Today I think it's a 5miler and upper body workout with some abs. No rain today--so maybe there is hope for tomorrow :)

I need a refill and will be back for more personals.

I edited this posting to alert you all to a new virus out there. DH is a geek. He does computer work on the side and said an officeworker ended up clicking something, or downloading something from either email or a site and now has infected her computer as well as a co-workers. It is called malwarrior. So check your virus scan, make sure you are updated etc.

Goooood morning Cheetahville!

MIA/Slacker Cheetah skulking back into the den :p. I'm sorry I won't have time right now to catch up on personals. However, *IF* it rains (oh please, oh please, oh please!!!) I *might * have time to chat some time today. I *might* even have time to get a workout in. As it is, I haven't had the time or energy to do anything workout-wise since Tuesday and I *HATE* that. I'm hoping to get something, anything, in today because I won't get another opportunity until late next week due to horse showing (GAG x(). LOL I haven't even had a chance to wish my grandmothers and mother a "Happy Mother's Day"...nice daughter, huh? GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!

Okay, rant over, for now ;).

Shelly and Jackie - Sooooo glad to hear from you ladies again and happy that your moves went well. YAY!!!

Gonna grab a refill and try to get my kitten pics on my pic trail...it wouldn't let me upload them the other day so I figure I'll give it another shot.

ETA - Pics are up! BTW...their names are Shelby, Tommy and Jonathan. They are named after a main character and her two brothers from a favorite movie of mine...can anyone guess what movie it is? Hint: Earlyish nineties and what a tear jerker ;(.

TTFN!

*OK Quickie here*

Happy TGIF to everyone!

Gloria- Thanks for sharing your picture! You are a beautiful lady and I am sure your students adore you :)

Wendi- Oh my, those kitty pictures are too sweet! I was just gooing at them.

Kath- A big congrats to your DD. I am so amazed at how wrong I have been at predicting my kids' futures. I had DS pegged as an engineer or a Math teacher in my imagination, but it turns out he loves being a Philosophy major. He has always been a pain in the neck to argue with. So now he gets to prove his points of contention for credit. LOL

Hi Shelly- glad you made it to the east coat safely. I have to go back and read yesterday's thread for details.

OK I'm outta time, BBL hopefully!!!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Happy Friday all! CHEERS! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1969_drinking_beer_together.gif

Cathy – The double is not as hard as it sounds. The first few cycles are the toughest. :p But, I’m thinking of alternating cycles, too to see how it goes. Today will be x2 though. Have fun with your workout!

Gloria – I’m with you! I’m ready for this week and this heat wave to go away! Glad you got the enjoy and extra ½ an hour of sleep! Wonderful to put a face with your name! You’re a beautiful lady!!

Kath – Enjoy your 5 miler! So funny about what we think our kids should do and what they actually end up doing. This week, I’m doing a modified version of the August 2005 BootCamp rotation. Next week I’m starting a week or so of turbulence training (depending on how I like it). I was going to do the lower abs blaster, but I think I’ll start with the Fat Blasting rotation. I like the looks of that one. I’m excited! Thanks for the update on the virus!

Wendi – Oh man, busy Cheetah is way too busy! It must be horse show season, too, so you’ll be even busier. I hope you get some time today *prays for rain* http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/2246_praying.gif LOVE your kitties! What fun they must be!

Judy – hey pretty lady! (I love that photo of you!). Too funny about your DS and his major.

TGIF, TGIF!!! Well, as everyone knows, today is BootCamp x 2 – if I can get through it because it’s already hot out there! I have a big fan, so that should help. DH and are planning a fancy dinner tonight. That will be nice. Of some CABS will be involved. http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1964_downing_wine.gif Hope everyone has a great day! It won’t be quite as hot today (98 instead of 100…), but it’s still hot stuff here in the Bay Area… Stay cool! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/302_person_lifting_weights.gif

Edited to add - Sunny - I DID get the kettlebell workout on TT! Looks TOUGH! Cool! I love the smoke sessions! I have a route around my neighborhood that is .33 miles - close enough to .25 - I can run a bit more. Not sure when I'll do these... :p

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..sorry about you not getting in the long run yesterday...Wow, sorry about the blisters! I am glad you were there for your student in crisis...I have always done my long runs on sunday's like a robot! I am at a salon as an independent contractor, so I come and go as I please as I am not on commission, I am my own boss. Most of the salon's here work like that. I spent some time watching those Seinfeld videos yesterday...way funny...:D...Have fun with upper body & weights...

Gloria...sounds like yoga is good for you. I should really do it once in awhile...Nice to "see" you!!! Do I detect dimples?!! You are a cutie...:)..thanks for sharing...

Wendi...OMG, those kittens are adorable!!! I am such a softie for little animals...

Christine...it was windy ALL day yesterday. I don't here any yet today! LOL about you having group# 119...ours only goes to #28!!! Small town ya think??? Interesting that Carrot Mobbing, I never heard of it...Have fun with Turbulence training...Congrats on getting JumpSnap!!!...:D..Have fun with BCX2...and enjoy that fancy dinner out with DH.

Judy...sounds like a good iTread workout.

Sunny...I am always happy to get out of jury duty as moving my clients around can be such a pain.

Wendy...I have been called for jury duty a number of times myself. Only once did I have to stand up to the judge and talk my way out of serving. So cool you will be running with Shelly Sat!!! Hope sleep helped your headache.

Shelly..Congrats on getting to NJ!!! I can surely understand why you didn't "workout" but moving cross country is quite a workout in itself!! I hope you and Wendy have a blast running this Sat!!

Posh...good for you getting out of jury duty too. Funny about your DH. I have a client that told me her DH threw out the jury duty summons every time he got it!!

I am heading out early (I am off from work today!!YIPPEE), to run with my good friend. Her Mom passed away 2 days ago after a long battle with cancer. My sister usually runs with this friend every friday, but my sister is flying to Hawaii as I type!!!...so I thought I would fill in....I will do 4DS Chest & back and abs later...

Have a great day...:)

Carole – We didn’t have much wind, but MAN was it hot, and the wind that did blow was just hot. Ick. Our jury duty numbers start at 100 and go to 500. Very small number for your town. :p I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s mom passing. Enjoy your run. I think it’s sweet of you to run with her. Especially since your lucky sister in going to Hawaii! :p

Erin – hope you enjoy the kettlebells!

Well I did BootCamp x2. http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/394_happy_face.gif I’m a little stiff but I enjoyed it actually. The two different approaches worked well together and I’m and thoroughly worked out! It was fun. I’m just so darned glad today is Friday!! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1993_dance_moves.gif Have a great day all! You ladies are da BEST!! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/2407_group_hug.gif

Hi Girls.

I'm in indecisive Cheetah hell right now! LOL Today was originally going to be a rest day but then I changed it to yoga. Well, you all know how I feel about yoga right now so I'm steering away from that idea but still not wanting to rest. I did NROL y'day but am not the least bit sore. I don't want to do more cardio as I've done plenty and am racing in the morning so.....I was thinking of FINALLY trying a segment of Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest or perhaps maybe even bustin' out that kettlebell and trying it out with dvd that came with it. I'm sure it's not going to be a TOUGH work out but it will be SOMETHING. I don't want to kill myself today but I just don't wanna do yoga!!!!x( What's a cheetah to do? :p

I'll be back later to report what I finally decided on and to catch up with personals!

Ciao 4 now babes!:)

Hello to all the fabulous cheetahs. Thanks for the welcome back yesterday. I am still without an internet connectionx( x( x( x(
Some kind of problem with our modem... so here I am back at the library! I have some business to do first and then I'll be back and hopefully have some time for personals before I have to head on home.

Wendy- Been pouring rain here all today... the same for you? Hopefully it will clear for the 5k tomorrow. The race actually starts at 0830- wanna meet around 0810 or 0815?

Later

Shelly

Hey Shelly, Yeah pouring rain. FUN! I too hope it clears. I will probably look to get to the race between 7:45 and 8am to give me time to use the bathroom and get my bib and goody bag. I am hoping to have DH and DS in tow. At any rate, yeah 8:10-15 sounds good unless you will be there earlier. :)

Hey Girls.

My work out is done. I ended doing a little bit o' everything. :p

I did Sculpt Sweatfest work out #1 as my "warm up" (LOL) and then did the dvd that came with my KB. I did all of the exercises except for the turkish get up. I'll save that for another day as it scares me! ;) So I did the 2 arm swing, single arm swing, alternating arm swing, cleans (had a little form trouble with these) and squats. OOPS, I just realized I skipped one that I didn't mean to. I missed the presses by accident. Oh well-next time. Anyway, this DVD is only for practice purposes but it's good for now until I am ready to really get into it. Finally, after the KB work I did Awaken the Body which is the 30 min stretch/yoga vid by Tony Horton. It has what he calls a "warm up exercise" section between the stretches and the yoga where he does punches and kicks. I decided to skip that part but hey, I got in TEN WHOLE MINUTES OF YOGA!!!! Aren't y'all proud of me!? :7 :7 :7

Now I need some food! I'll be back!:9

Hey Wendy- I will definitely be there earlier then that so I will be looking for you around 8ish. That would be so nice if you have your DH and Joey with you!!!

I'll be wearing my red cap as usual!

Shelly

Ok Shell, I'll keep an eye out for you as well! I will wear my white/green LBH HM hat. Hopefully that will help you find me.

See you tmrw!!!!:7

ETA: check your PM's!

Okay, I'm back and have some time for personals:) :) Yesterday evening I did HSTA- haven't done any weights at all for more then a week.... except for hoisting around heavy boxes! But I felt just fine:7 This morning was HLK with Amy. Since I'm racing tomorrow I'll hold it at just one workout today:eek:

SunnyD- I see you are a recent convert to jumpsnap. Gotta try that myself when things settle down for me some!

Gloria- Yes, the humidity is the hardest thing for me to get used to... not only for running but my hair is now in a state of a permanent frizzy pyramid! Oh well... nice to see that the yoga is working for you! Nice classic teacher pic of you!

Cathy- Yikes.... blister city for you? How painful! Hope they are better today.... So what is the plan now with the long runs? I guess you were trying for the middle of the week.

Christine- Thanks so much for the warm welcome back! Another jumpsnap convert I see.... I can see myself weakening soon!! What 2 different approaches to BC are you referring too? Good job anyway!

Kath- Thanks for the computer virus alert. Hope you got in a good 5 miler today and that the weather cooperates for you tomorrow.

Wendi- our busy workin cheetah as usual! Is there anything more adorable in this world then kittens???? Hope you get your workout fit in there somewhere!

Carole- How sweet of you to fill in for your sister and run with your friend. Bet she really needs the
companionship right now! How's the running been for you lately?

Hopefully I'll be able to check back in tomorrow from home... otherwise it's another visit to the library... altho it is nice here!

tata

ShellyC

Howdy friends!
TGIFFUUUUUHHHUUH!!!!!!

FLY by post gals…busy at work, but I’m soooo happy it is Friday and someone just went on a STARBUCKS run! YEEESUH!

Cathy – awesome you got a run in anyway! Me thinks anything is better than nothing and I’m sure with Bootcamp etc going on the next few weeks that it won’t be a big deal if the “long” run ain’t so long … I won’t start my official training for Chicago until June 8th and even then my long runs are only up to 8 starting out… Also, yessirree sista! I’m with you on holding strong to our WW plan!

Gloria – NICE photo! You look like a lean, mean, TEACHIN”, Cheetah machine! LOL

Kath – Ya, I’m a lifetime member of WW but back when we were able to count breads, milks, proteins etc. so the points can get sorta strange. But after I log the cals/fat/fiber of the foods, I save it in the database and just have to select it to put in my journal. Also, I like to cook a lot and I don’t eat much over processed stuff so I use their recipe builder to get the points per serving. I lost using the BFL 12 week plan but me thinks WW and consistent exercise is the only way I can lose AND keep it off…..

Wendi – YOU”RE NOT A SLACKER by any means! You’re just too busy to post sometimes like me! CUTE, CUTE! Kitties! I love to watch kittens play – they’re soo funny! But I don’t like the mess they make! LOL

Judy – LOL about your DS. My DS16 has hopes of participating in the ROP Fire Tech classes but oh man is he an argue-er (new word!) so who knows, he may change over to Philosophy as well! LOL BY the way, your avatar pic is very lovely! You are my new idol! I’m going to envision myself looking so swell in a beautiful gown on our next vacation to keep me motivated on my workouts!

Christine – yah, sometimes it does seem that there just ain’t enough points! Especially when you try to add the points for wine…sheesh! The entire day goes out the window! You’ve had some awesome workouts though! Whoo hoo! I guess you’ll have some guilt free CABS tonight, eh? Enjoy your fancy dinner – hope it won’t be too hot there! We are already scorchin’ here at work in Rocklin….at home it is usually 10 – 12 degrees cooler! By the way, I was LMAO re your $100 rope less jump rope! LOL..I have to admit, I DID go to the website and quickly told my selves “NO!!!, NO!!, NO!!!, it is a $100 jump rope for pete’s sake! Lol….

Carole – Hope you had a good run with your sis’ friend. I wish I was with your sis right now! LOL. Yeah, the hot wind is a bit scary and it actually blew down some power lines in El Dorado county yesterday and started some fires! Seems the winds have calmed down today though…

Wendy lou – OMG! I though you already made up your mind! LOL… I can’t ever keep up with you girl! I missed it but why don’t you want to do yoga?? Have fun with Shelley tomorrow!

Shelley – Awe dang, we so desperately need some of that rain out here! Have fun with Wendy lou tomorrow!

Ok, Hellooooooo to everyone else!!

POSH :7

ETA _ um, I started the “fly by post” this am and got too busy to post it so I just continued the rest during lunch with the personals…hope that explains my “fly by post” comment and then mega paragraphs later of personals…lol

Okay cheetahs....it got to 107 today!!!....YIKES!!!!...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/sweat.gif[/img]

Christine..thanks...I know it was a blessing to have her Mom pass as she is now out of pain. As you can see we got some record heat today....ugh....good job with BCX2...

Shelly...sorry about the modem problem, hope they can fix that soon! I would LOVE some of your rain...way to go with HSTA yesterday and HLK today!! Thanks, my friend prefers the running companionship to any kind of gift (like flowers) I could get her...:). The running has been going well. My sis signed us up for a 5K Jun 8th. I get to meet Posh!!

Wendy...good job with the workout and yoga!!

Posh...don't ya just love Starbucks...:D. I did have a good run with my friend today. We have surely been worried about fires here too. Luckily today was calm, just f---ing hot!!

Cathy...I normally use Sharkies at about 10-12 mile runs.

I think I could be sore tomorrow...I upped the underhand barbell rows in 4DS backwork to 65#'s...YEOW...but I did them all!!! Thank god DH fixed the cooler today or it would be miserable in here...

Hi Cheetahs!

Kath: Yes, that is my classroom. Your DD sounds like a sweet pea! Thanks re: the virus! I do not feel like a tiny thing! :)

Wendi: I am sorry you are so busy with the horse shows! It is annoying when work gets in the way of working out. Thanks for the kittie pics! Hopefully you could get something in.

Judy: Thanks re: the pic. How many kids do you have? I do not have any except for those in my classroom. Wow, that is funny about your DS. Math and philosophy are VERY different! :)

Christine: You are the queen bee with that workout this morning! Good for you! Enjoy a glass of wine for me tonight too! :9 Thank you for the comments on the pic.

Carole: Yes, I am a girl with dimples. How was your run with your friend? How is she doing? That is so terribly sad. Wow, that is way too hot for me! We are having 50-60 degree weather here. Unseasonably cold for this time of year. x( Great workout today.

Wendy: You sound as indecisive as I am! :) Good combo you came up with there!

Shelly: Running here in the summer is tough with the humidity. I come home sopping wet. Computer problems are a PIA! I hope it gets worked out soon!

Posh: I LOL at your remark. You are right about the MEAN part. This time of year things are hairy! :) Hopefully I will be marathon training then too. I find out about NYC in mid June.

Well, my principal dropped a bomb on us today. She is leaving the district to go to a city about an hour away from here. Her family is there and she is not a nature gal, so it will be best for her. She accepted a job there. I am sad. Our school is doing well with her leadership. She is a great friend, neighbor, and administrator. I will miss her dearly! She will be moving into an apartment with her two girls in July and her husband is going to stay here and try to sell their home and work. I am nervous about a new administrator. We ALL are. I was talking with a colleague after the meeting and we just have to stick together as a staff. This will be interesting. No workout this morning, which is fine. My arms and upper back are still sore. I feel like such a wimp around here. I am feeling 100% and will end up doing something tomorrow. Talk to you all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.