:::CHEETAHS::: Friday Nov 24

Good Morning and belated happy Thanksgiving to all of you wonderful Cheetahs. It may not have been our Thanksgiving but I am always grateful for the wonderful spirit and energy shared by my fellow Cheetahs:) I've been MIA this week and what a week it has been. I'm very pleased to say that the spa is going to re-open under new ownership on December 4th YAAAAAY!!!! Our former spa director, Andy, has found someone to invest with him and bought it from the owners, he has a different vision for the spa and has only asked certain staff members back. My 15 y.o. Marley has a wicked upper respiratory infection that resembles whooping cough and is now finally on the mend. I've been working extra hours (too many!) at the clinic and was feeling pretty frazzled but all of that was erased by my most wonderful coffee date yesterday. We had a lovely hour of chatting (he was more nervous than me which I though was surprising and very sweet) at Starbucks and then went for a long walk on some beautiful trails on Lake Ontario, the weather was glorious. As we headed back he was quick to ask me to go out on Saturday and I am so happy, excited and filled with anticipation. I did manage to fit in some workouts this week too but it's all a bit of a blur right now. This morning it's LIC before work, I'm such a goofy girl I could hardly sleep last night so hopefully I won't be tripping and falling on my face.:+

I'll have to do personals later after I catch up with your week. I'm sure I've miss a lot! Okay gotta get this workout started in under 10 minutes so me and this perma grin are out of here for now:*

Happy Friday to you all, black Friday shoppers, I'd love to hear about the amazing bargoons that you find today. Have fun!!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Laurie :: YAY!!! :) That's great news about the spa AND about your date. I'm so happy for you! (And I think it's cute that he was nervous.) I can't wait to hear about Saturday's outing. Sorry to hear one of your girls is down with a bug. I have been out already for Black Friday shopping. Scored a new digital cam for $139 (saved $70). (Yes, this is a gift to myself - horrible, right?) I'm actually going to run out to Radio Shack now and see if I can a 1G memory card for it for $12.99. Then I'm done.

And THEN I definitely MUST run. I ate WAY too much yesterday. This is probably going to be a slow & painful one. No u/b weights as I did a number on my back with LIC yesterday. I think it was the band that got me.

I'm sure I'll be back later to catch up. Hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to hearing Wendy's race report.

-Cathy :)

Laurie: What great news Laurie! A great date AND the spa is re-opening! You hit the jack pot this week girl! ^5's!:) I can't wait to hear about tomorrow's date. ;) I'm glad to here your DD is feeling better too.

Cathy: LOL, sounds like something I would do....go Christmas shopping on Black Friday and buy MYSELF something!:p No worries girl...you deserve it!:) So you'll be running with me today, huh? Very cool. If I am struggling I will think of you who did NOT pay $20.00 to do it and is STILL out there suffering! LOL :p

Carole: I read through y'day's posts quickly and I think you asked how BM2 was so before I forget...I really liked it! It kicked my ever-lovin' butt all over the place! LOL!!! I think it was tougher having not done the weight work cause I didn't have as much "recovery time" from the blasts as you get when you do the weight work. I only recovered until they started the first rep and then I was off and running again. PHEW! TOUGH!}(

Well, I overslept so I really have no time to play...I'll be back later to let you know how the race went!

TOODLES!:)

Hi Laurie and Cathy and all who read later

Yesterday (T-day) I went for a leisurely 5 mile flat run with a friend. I haven't run two consecutive days since July or August, but I feel fine. I have more DOMS from dong Cathe's new workouts alternated with runs. Today will be B&G though and antoher run tomorrow.

Laurie- Life is looking good for you! :) Hopefully your DD will get over that respriatory infection qwuickly! My Ds is just getting over one too. He had mycoplasma in his system, (the organism that causes walking pneumonia) He is fine after a 5 day course of antibiotics.

Cathy- have a good run today, and don't worry about yesterday. It is only one day. :)

I made the Vegan Pumpkin Pie for my family an it all went! I did make another one for home over the weekend. This was my fist Thanksgiving as a non meateater, and I didn't even crave miss the meat. There were so many choices any way.

Is any one shopping today?

Edit: Hi Wendy and Good Luck!!!!!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Wendy :: well, I wasn't even going to go shopping today (bucking my normal tradition!) since I'd finished my x-mas shopping already last weekend...but I couldn't resist this deal. :) Yes, I will be out there running shortly. Want to relax just a bit longer.

Judy :: yikes on the walking pneumonia organism. Thankfully, he didn't get THAT! Glad the two consecutive days of running didn't cause any pain. Besides overdoing it in the lats yesterday, I'm finding that I have DOMS in my calves from yesterday's LIC. Interesting.

Good morning ladies,

sounds like everyone so far had a great turkey (or not:) ) day! there is so much in life to be thankful for.
i ate and ate and ate and then i ate some more, haha.

i was supposed to go to the gym to try out a yoga class but dh has been sick for the past week, so i made a dr. appt for him and will force him out of the door}( . of course the only time they had available was at the same time as the yoga class. however, we must get dh feeling better. i feel so bad for him.

i am hoping for some motivation to start cleaning the housex( , sigh

cathy- sounds like you got a great bargain!! can't resist those types of goodies. DOMS in your calves?? hmmm, happy to report i have no DOMS from yesterdays LIC workout, yet..lol

laurie- great news about the spa re-opening and even better news re: your date. i am so happy for you all went well:)

wendy- go get 'em girl and don't forget to come back and let us know how your race went. now've you got me shakin' in my boots re: BM2.}(

judy- glad you enjoyed your first meatless thanksgiving! no shopping today. i refuse to go out and face the mad crowds today. i mostly do my shopping via internet. so much easier for me.

so not sure if i will be able to squeeze in a workout today or not.

ttyl-:)

Good mornng cheetahs

Laurie!...that is so sweet about your coffee date! Sounds like such a nice guy. And a date Sat!!...I am so happy for you. Very good news about the spa too. Enjoy LIC!

Cathy...great deal on the digital! What kind did you get? I'll be doing a slow painful run too...B&G yesterday!

Wendy...GOOD LUCK!!! I hope you have a great race today!...Glad you liked BM2 also. I do want to try some more of the premixes..

Judy...the Vegan pumpkin pie sounds good! I am glad your family enjoyed it. This was my 3rd meatless Thanksgiving.

Sunny..yes, I think there is alot to be thankful for...I need to cleanmax today too...

I'll be doing a run today with my sister and friend. 6 miles or so. I didn't eat real bad yesterday and looking forward to leftovers today...

Have a nice day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs! As Sunny said, there is so much to be thankful for!

I did not get a workout done yesterday!:eek: In years past I have always run the Thanksgiving 8 miler but blew it off yesterday because I did not want a hard workout. Restraining myself when my time is going to be compared to others is not easy for me so I stayed home, thinking I'd get do a workout here. I thought I could get it done when I put the turkey in the oven but that didn't happen. I was on my feet cooking all day and exhausted when I went to bed last night so that's gotta count for something. But I'm going to run 8 miles some time today for sure.

The day went as well as could be expected. My poor SIL is trying to find her way now without my brother and it breaks my heart. I think that she is as thankful to have us as we are to have her and we've got tentative plans to rent a houseboat this summer and just chill together.

Enough about me.....how bout some personals!

Wendy, Waiting oh so excitedly for your race report. I hope the weather is perfect for you!

Laurie, Your excitement and happiness about the wonderful things going on in your life right now comes through loud and clear! And that's just great! I will look forward to your future date reports. Great news about the spa too:)

Cathy, I always buy myself so much stuff while Christmas shopping. The sales are just too hard to pass up. I ate too much yesterday as well, but that was sort of my plan all along:7 But now I must be good and I've got enough leftovers to last a week!

Judy, Glad to hear back to back runs caused no problems. Did your family know the pumpkin pie was vegan? Did it taste much different from traditional?

Sunny, Thanks so much for the lemon cake recipe. I'll be making this one for our Christmas get together with SIL and family. Hope your DH feels better soon!

Carole, I have never heard of almond champagne. I'll have to look around for it and give it a try at Christmas.....with my lemon cake:7 Nice going with not eating too bad yesterday. I guess that's another plus about being vegan:)

I'll BBL to catch up with those not here yet.....

Happy Black Friday to all! I meant to post the last few days but could not squeeze in the time at allx( I worked Tuesday and Wednesday night and it was busy!!!:( It's quite disheartening to be busy in an ICU on holidays....mainly because I feel sad for the patients and their families! Anyway, after working all night I went home to cookmax! I managed an hour nap yesterday and even squeezed in IMAX3! The dinner went well and my twin sister even liked my vegetable dish:eek: She hates veggies.... she's not a bit like me at all!!!

So, I slept 10:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: hours and now feel reenergized!!!! Going out for a 14 mile run today.....wooohoooooooo!!!!

Laurie- Wow girl....what a fantastic holiday for you. I am so happy for you!!! You're spa reopening is fantastic. Obviously you were a valued employee! Okay, sounds like you've got a HOT prospect their with your coffeeman! Uhoh...you better give us a name or he'll be called coffeeman from now on!!! :p

Cathy- Wow, you ACTUALLY went out shopping on black friday? You get a bravery medal for that one!!!! I must admit with looking at the circulars in the paper this morning....the sales are great and so tempting....but I'm simply not that brave! Have a great run!

Judy- I didn't know that you were vegan also! There are alot of cheetah vegans here! Why is there a vegan pumpkin pie? I would think it would be vegan anyway.... I guess there is a milk substitute. Hey, I haven't run on consectutive days either in a LONG time. I think it has aided considerably in my injury recovery and I think I will continue this. Using the elliptical inbetween is also VERY helpful in keeping up my running fitness!

SunnyD- I'm sorry your DH is ill! What a bummer on a holiday :(
I think that is TRUE LOVE when you're willing to sacrifice a yoga class for your DH ;-) Hope you can squeeze in a workout!

Carole- I LOVE thanksgiving leftovers even better than the meal itself!!! Actually, cooking for only two is challenging that way and our fridge is constantly full of leftovers! Fortunately DH likes leftovers as as much as I do! Wow, you are the stellar queen of good living and moderation not to overdo it on Thanksgiving...
a medal for you!!!!! Have a great 6 miler!

Elaine- I'm so glad to hear your holiday went as well as could be expected! I'm sure your SIL appreciates you right now SO MUCH!!!
Sounds like your day yesterday was as hectic as mine. A good run is just the remedy!!!

Wow...I'm chatty today :eek:

WENDY---- GO GET EM!!! I know you'll make us cheetahs proud!!!!!

Later y'all. Hi to all who follow...I'll check back later!

ShellyC

Checkin’ in again…I just finished up 7 miles. Slowgoing but a good run and gorgeous weather (50 degrees and sunny!) My iPod crapped out on me early on, so it was just me and my thoughts the whole time. Hate when I forget to charge that thing!

Sunny :: yeah, I thought it was weird to have DOMS in my calves since I run hills all the time, but it was definitely from LIC as I haven’t run since Tuesday.

Carole :: I picked up a Casio Exislim. It’s super tiny…I’m very pleased with it so far. It’ll be perfect for tucking it in my coat pocket and taking some shots out on the slopes. Thanks for the encouragement re: LIC, BTW.

Elaine :: the houseboat idea sounds like a really good idea for everyone – and a unique vacation idea to boot. I’m glad that you have one another to lean on through the holidays and the hard months ahead. It wasn’t in my plan to restrain myself exactly, but I went whole hog with snacky stuff – cheese & crackers, chips, ugh.

Shelly :: glad you managed a restful 10 hours of shut-eye. And now 14 miles!! Rock on! Yes, I do brave the crowds on Black Friday…I wasn’t going to this year – which would’ve been a first – but I couldn’t pass up the deal on the camera. I really don’t like crowds or shopping marathons, just the bargains. I always have a specific strategy – just one or two items or stores, and I get in and get out quickly. It’s not that painful. Most stores are pretty organized.

Wendy :: I forgot to follow up on your comments from yesterday’s thread. I don’t have any basic step videos. There was one that came with my step but I gave it away bc I don’t really care for step workouts and didn’t think I’d ever use it. DOH! It’d probably be a good idea to get my hands on one, though. Good thinkin.

Christine :: Thanks for the tips about the step routines. I am not too musically or rhythmically inclined, so I’m not sure that will help me. *lol* It’s probably just one more thing to think about that my brain can’t handle. :) I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for bargain packages to SF for May.

OK, I think I'm caught up for now. Gonna grab some lunch, dry my hair (which is always a project), and then start writing MORE papers for my grad classes...it never ends! lol

Cathy :)

Hello girls I am happy to tell you that I was the fitest chick at my families Thanksgiving. My brother even refered to me as being stick thin (I'm not, but perhaps in his eyes I am).

Great to not have to cook today.

I did Body Fusion at 10 inches and with 5 pound hand weights and I got a got a good workout.

Hope all of you had good workouts.:) :) :)

hey ladies,

just peeping back in to share in my good news!! i didn't mention beforehand because it was done at the very last minute ( and i really had no time to study) but me and dh went for our personal training certifications and we just got back the results, we passed!! wooohooo, i am now a certified personal trainer!!!:D

Hey Cheetahs!

DS is back home with me and napping, I am fed and hunkered down with a cup of post-race java for some personals. :)

Judy, I am not at the point yet where I can call any 5 mile run LEISRULELY. Good for you! :) Have fun w/B&G today. Tomorrow's run should feel good on the muscles after that work out!

Sunny, Men are such babies when they are sick, aren't they!? LOL So what did the doc say he has? CONGRATS on the PT cert! Girl, you are just a fitness cert fool these days!LOL First a turbo kick cert and now a pt cert!!! Good for you!!! So when are you going to start lookin' for a job? }(

Carole, Somebody said that the BM2 bootcamp premix is tough! I still want to give the double upper body a try even though I don't hold high hopes for it! LOL

Elaine, To heck w/the missed work out y'day! You played it smart by not running that race and you were a busy girl all day. Good for you! The weather today is PHENOMINAL! Could not have asked for a nicer day! It was a bit chilly to stand around in this morning but once we got moving it was just awesome weather to run in!:)

Shelly, IMAX3 on Turkey Day is one heck of an accomplishment girlfriend! Sorry work was so busy for the Holiday. That reminds me of how they say the suicide rate is highest around the holidays. UGH. Talk about depressing. :(

Cathy, 7 miles...is that a new distance for you? ^5's if it is! Do you always use your Ipod outdoors? I rarely do. Once in a while I will but I don't depend on it outside like I do on the TM. So are you going to buy a copy of basic step? Maybe someone can lend it to you. I would but I sold mine on Ebay. Sorry! :-(

Hi Fitkansaschick!

Wendy?...How did the race go???

Elaine....I didn't run our local race yesterday as I was embarrassed at being so slow!! I bet you were tired from cooking all day. I am glad your SIL has your family to enjoy TG with, as nuch as she can. It has to be rough....The champagne is a brand named Almondage and my family really likes it. I was looking online for some last night and ordered 2 bottles for San Antonio Winery....this is a different brand...You can still eat bad being Vegan but as I hate desserts that is usually where I am good...:)

Shelly...that is funny your twin does not eat like you...I thought twins had many similarities besides looking alike. My DH and I both like leftovers as most of what I cook makes ALOT, which is great during the busy work week. I slept in too today. Enjoy your 14 miler..

Cathy...sorry about your iPod...:(...I had a slow run myself but I did have company! Sounds like a cute camera....now we can expect to see pics of you???...:)

Sunny...CONGRATS!!! to both of you for getting certified!!!

Well I ended up running 8 miles. Slow but nice with company! Now just sitting around....need to do some cleanmax but I am feeling lazy!!

Okay, now for the race. It was AWESOME!!!

I don't have an official time as I got dopey at the finish and wasn't paying enough attention to commit it to memory! I had initially forgotten to stop my garmin at the last race and wanted to make sure I remembered this time so the exact time I finished in according to the race clock flew out of my brain in a heartbeat! LOL I will post it here when they post the official results...hopefully they will get posted FAST!

Anywho, my garmin says I finished in 50.47 but it only clocked the distance at 4.87 miles and we certainly were not at the front of the pack at the start!? WTH!?!? Anyway, the race clock said something in the area of 51 or so I think. That is roughly 3 mins shaved off my time from the first one so I am ECSTATIC! WOO HOO! :+

It was a bummer though as I ended up running the 2nd half of the race alone. My friend was struggling so we slowed down but it got to the point where she felt she had to walk a bit and insisted I go ahead so I was alone for the 2nd half. :-( It wasn't too bad though because it was a pretty big race so there were constantly people around me so I got to listen to other folks talking! LOL This one guy that was running near me for most of the 2nd half was making horse noises. It was soooo freakin' funny!

The course was nice....mostly road running in nice neighborhoods but it did go through a park for a while so we got some trail and even a little woods as well. There were little uphills all along the way but nothing that was straining and the downhills felt good!:)

I think I enjoyed this course the most so far!:+

Hello cheetahs,
I am going SHOPPING today!!!!! I am so excited! I love going out after Thanksgiving and getting all the bargains. My girlfriend is going to watch the kids and we are off.

I had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday. I ate a TON of food, I know what a shock(LOL)! I had no guilt though. It was in the 70's here, beautiful day.

I am going to do IMAX 3 today and the BM2 upper body double. I have not done IMAX 3 in awhile and I love it.

Laurie, I am so happy for you that you have found a special someone. You sound absolutley giddy this morning. That is great news about the spa too. It looks like you are in for a great new year. Enjoy LIC!

Cathy, great deal on your new camera. We actually need a new one too. My hubby wants one for 600.00. He always goes for the fancy high-tech stuff. I am glad you enjoyed your food yesterday. I am sure we will burn it all off today. Enjoy your days off.

Wendy, I am sure by now you are basking in the glory of your run. Can't wait to hear the results.

Judy, that is interesting about the no meat yesterday. I eat very little meat and I really enjoy all the other stuff that goes with the Turkey and not really the turkey itself. I know my family would go nuts if I did not serve them any meat. I am definitley going shopping today. Sounds like you had a nice run.

Sunnydelite, So, when do we start our clean eating. Can we wait until Monday, pretty pretty please!!!! I am still enjoying my food. I just had a piece of pumkin pie, YUMMY!!! I hope your dh feels better.

Carole, You really are super carole, not eating a ton of food yesterday. You are so balanced. I also enjoy the leftovers. Have a great run with your sister. Are you off from work the rest of the weekend?

Elaine, you were in my thoughts yesterday. I know that you were missing your brother yesterday. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and I am sure you are very comforting to your SIL. The holidays can be quite difficult when the people we love are not with us.

I hope you get your run in today and yes, we all have so much to be thankful for.

Shelly, Wow, it sounds like you have a busy past few days.

It takes a very special person to work in the ICU. I would not have the strength. I bet it really puts things in perspective working in the area you do.

You have a twin sister. That is really cool. I bet you are close. I am with your sister on the veggie thing. I have to admit, I do not care for veggies either.

Have a great run and a great day!

Cathy, GREAT RUN!!!! I can't WAIT until I can run 7 miles.

Fitkansaschick, WOW, 10 inches. My knees would be screaming at me. Glad you had a great workout. I love it when people notice that I have been working out. It is a nice feeling when you feel fit and healthy. Good for you!

Sunnydelite, CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful. Are you going to do anything with it? I learned so much when I became certified. What certification did you get?

Wendy, I am with Carole, how WAS the race and how do you feel?

CArole, great run!

Well, I think that is it. Have a great day ladies and I am off the SHOP!!!!

Cheers!

Susan

Wendy :: CONGRATS on what sounds like a great finish! It really was a beautiful day to run today. Seven miles is the longest I have run in years...yes, I do usually use my iPod outdoors. I know it's a runner's no-no, but I do keep the volume low, so I feel safe. I will try to get a hold of that Basic Step dvd. Maybe I can get it back. I sort of doubt my friend's been using it.

Sunny :: congrats are in order for you as well on your PT cert! WOO-HOO!! Do you have plans to leave your current job and pursue that full-time?

Carole :: I'm a bit of a shutterbug, so I've always had a camera, but I'm just not big on posting online. I guess I'm shy. I do have a class website that does have a pic or two of me on it. I don't know why that seemed like a good idea...lol.. My students probably print 'em out and use it as a dartboard. ha ha

Natalie :: let me send congrats your way, too! It must have felt GREAT to have others notice how fit you've gotten. Rock on!

OK, I finished my papers...I have a little bit of grading I can knock out and this way, I can kick back the rest of the weekend. Yipppeee!!

TTYL-
Cathy :)

ETA: Susan, we must have posted around the same time. Have fun shopping!!

Wendy,
YAY!!! Good for you! We are all so proud of you and shaving off 3 minutes. That is funny about the man and his horse noises. At least you had some comic relief. Congrats!

Susan

Hi Ladies:) Hope you are all enjoying your holiday. My kids are home from school today for a Professional Development day so it feels like a bit of a holiday here too (except for the fact that I'm working:+ ). LIC was good this morning, I'm still get used to the workout as is, I hate doing pushups twice in one workoutx( ;-).

Cathy, sounds like you're having a full day. Buying yourself a gift is soooo completely the opposite of horrible!!!:) We'll look forward to seeing some Cathy pics real soon! Good job on the run!!

Wendy, way to go on your run, how many races have you participated in so far? Couldn't ask for better weather! That is pretty funny about buddy making the horse noises:+

Carole, I hope your run was a good one. Sounds like you are really enjoying B&G, do you ever use your TLT's, I keep intending to do BBBB again but the new stuff feels too fresh.

Elaine, somedays the best workout is no workout:) Nice to be thinking ahead to next summer, a holiday on a houseboat sounds heavenly. I have to tell you I was just thinking about you as I just got off of the phone with my SIL (my John's sister) they are still a very important part of my life and always will be:)

Shelly, IMAX3? I'm impressed, I never really warmed up to the whole workout it keeps me too humble;-) Coffeman's name is Glen and I think he's a pretty hot prospect too, I'm hoping I'll get to sleep like you did tonight, I want to look fresh and rested for Coffema..oops I mean Glen :D

Sunny, congrats on the certification! Awesome job!!!

Uh oh, gotta get back to work!

Take Care
Laurie

Hi again! I felt pretty good on my long run today but I took it also quite slow!! I was surprised though...I expected to see alot of people out running or walking today, I was on a popular lakeside trail and the weather was nice, but there was actually very few. I guess they were all out shopping:)

Hi Natalie (fitkansas)....our stickthincheetah:)

SunnyD- Awesome....you are now a personal trainer!!!! And your DH also? Way to go!!!! What is your goal in particular...teaching classes...step, kickboxing? Or will you be doing one one on one teaching?

Wendy- Great job on your race there girlfriend!!!! Sounds like you had a VERY good time. I knew you'd make the cheetahs proud!

Susan- I knew there had to be at least one cheetah who actually liked shopping on Black Friday!!! Well, all power to you for being able to handle it! IMAX3 today for you? LOVE IT! It was my holiday workout yesterday and it had been a while!

Cathy- I have to admit I always run with my iPod, when I'm on streets I only plug in one ear so I can hear traffic, etc. Today I was on a trail so I had both earphones in and was totally into it!!!
I sympathize you running without it! Great job on your 7 miles!!!

Wow Carole- you're getting in some serious mileage there...8 miles and it isn't your long day, You'll be in awesome shape for your marathon relay!!!

DH is bugging me to come help with some project...time to go!
Love chattin with all the cheetahpals!!!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.