:::: CHEETAHS :::: Friday (amen!) 6.15

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! ***HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!*** :)

I did not get a chance to post yesterday – school is an absolute madhouse – the kids are totally wired (and bored out of their minds with grad practice – don’t blame them), which is normal, but what makes it even busier than is typical for this time of year is that so many staff changes were made – almost everyone is moving – and they told us so late that now we are all scrambling to pack up in addition to completing our usual closing duties. None of this is easy when you have last year’s eighth graders dropping by in the afternoon to visit! (It's nice to see them, though.) Anywho, yesterday I had a doc appointment and then started (started!) studying for Saturday’s comp exam…I wound up taking an unplanned rest day. By the end of the day, I’d simply run out of gas for a workout.

I’m going to play today by ear depending on how much progress I make with the room packup. If I’m not totally pooped when I come home, I’ll strive for a run + BBC S&A. I need to seriously study tonight!! I'm a ball of nerves.

Now to respond to personals…

Wendy :: not so much *worried* about the race – I’m doing it for the same reasons -- I just *know* it’s gonna be a struggle for me. I haven’t run in a week!

Carole :: thanks for the vote of confidence! Appreciate it as my stomach continues to churn…*lol* Loved the HS pic…How was the new iClimb? These are done on stairclimbers, right?

Jackie :: thanks for the link. I will check it out…I’ll have to give BBC L&B another go. I wasn’t thrilled w/ it after my first try and have not done it since.

Hi Laurie, Christine, Sunny, Jess, Kristi, and Marcia!

Enjoy your Friday!
Cathy :)

TGIF Cheetahs!:)

My oh my do I have some DOMS from y'day's work out! Legs and Back did a job on me I guess cause I haven't done it in a while.

Today will be Cardio Sculpt Express, Cardio Core Express, and 6 Minute Abs at nap time. Then at 5:30pm it's spin.

Tomorrow is my rest day. I have a Baptism to go to. It's going to be a very relaxed cermony and celebration in a backyard. I've never been to one done like this so I am looking forward to it. It should be a nice change of pace from the stuffy formal deals like we even had! The dad is wearing a pair of nice shorts and a button down shirt. So cool! I am going to wear a pair of new black capris that are on the dressier side with a black and white halter top and a pair of black sandals. Definately different.

Cathy: WOW, what a busy time for you. Do what you can. Don't kill yourself to fit it all in if you are not up to it. I am getting excited for PineBeach. I'd better go sign up for it though, huh? LOL
I usually sign up for races as far ahead as possible so this is wierd for me. :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think a rest day was a good idea for yesterday! I am sending good test vibes for you tomorrow....:)...thanks, it was fun looking thru the old pics. I loved the new iClimb!! Seems like the music was really good. I think the preference for iClimb is an Elliptical or stairclimber and iTread is a treadmill but, you can mix them up as I have done a lot of iTreads on my EXT.

Wendy....yep, Tony is easy on the eyes...very nice arms...!! Yes, I got the X right after it was released. I think you probably picked the right time to get it. Mentally you have to be ready for that kind of challenge. Trust me, I have had some bad pics too, I don't post those though. These old ones were fun because some of them I had never seen! When my DH & I got baptized in 2001, we forgo the traditional way too. We got baptized together in my favorite lake!! Enjoy your workout today..

Marcia...thanks! it was fun looking back at some of my old pics...;)

Laurie...you added 2 hills??!!...awesome...:)...thanks, and yes things were so much easier when we were young!

Jackie...thank you for the sweet words. Endurance wise I am in better shape now, but geeze, it was sure easier to loose weight then!! Good job with BBC L&B, I agree Nadia is a spitfire, you never knew 90 seconds could be so long!

Christine...sounds like you had a grueling workout yesterday! So, Jimmy is doing well in Doggie Day camp...:)...thanks for your compliments, no I don't think I have changed too much. There are a few more HS pics on my Picture trail if you wanna look...:)

I got my new Amy Bentos yesterday!!...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/dance.gif[/img]
Today will me MM shoulders, bi's and tri's and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day!

G'morning Cheetahs!! I jinxed Kiersten by saying she was fine y'day. She ended up w/ a 100.6 temp after lunch & took a 2 1/2 hr nap. I called the Dr. and they said as long as it wasn't over 102 that it was ok. Then before bed she was up to 102.6. So we'll see how she feels when she wakes up to see if we have to make a trip in the see him. Poor girl, she wouldn't talk and wasn't acting at ALL like herself. We still had fun y'day though, Hannah's, her best friend, and Allison had a water gun fight and played in the sprinkler. It was a hot day- I think it hit 90!

Rest day for me today. I slept til 7 this morning, felt great! I have my annual exam at the gyno this morning, oh joy! :p

5K tomorrow so must stretch. My legs are still a bit tight from KM. Hannah is ready for the 1 mile race! I don't know if Kiersten will be running the fun run, we'll see how she feels. Allison is ready to run it, that girl is fast!!

OK, kiddos are getting up so I must go make breakfast! Have a great Friday!

Good morning ladies,

today's workout was an early morning run (outside) not sure how far i ran. i ran for an hr and then ran the stadium stairs at the university. later on this afternoon i will take a pilates class (my first time!).

cathy- sorry about the packing. sounds like you have a good workout planned today. don't worry about the exam you will ace it for sure!

wendy-(from yesterday)- IMO i think isculpt 10 is intermediate because it's very basic weight exercises. most of the legs exercises are done without weights. i could even see using it as a full body workout for some of my deconditioned clients. have fun with your workout today! btw- i love harry potter books...;o)

carole- yay, new workouts!! always exciting;) i originally planned to do amy's hi/lo extreme tomorrow however i am now contemplating taking my bike to a trail and riding. please let me know what you think re: the kickboxing workout once you give it a whirl:)

hello to everyone else who checks in today:D

ttyl...

Good morning Cheetahs! TGIF!!!

Christine - Nice workout yesterday! Just curious, but what does Jimmy get to do all day in Doggy Day Camp? It just sounds so cute.:) Glad you're getting your money's worth.

Wendy - I think Tony has a great body too. I also like him because he's close to my age. He's still a spring chicken compared to me but that's ok. He still looks good. Sounds like a nice workout for today.

Cathy - Sorry school is all crazy right now. It's a lot to have to do at the end of the year. I know you can handle it though. Good luck with your exam on Saturday. Hope you can get a good run in.

Carole - Know what you mean about the weight being easier to keep off in our younger days. I haven't had a weight problem since Jr. High. Didn't really think too much about it then. Heck, I was young. I don't have a problem now but it's on my mind much more these days. I'm afraid one day I may just expand too much. But as long as I can do something about it, I will. Can't remember, which Amy's did you get? My Amy's Kickbox was waiting for me when I got back from vacation. Have to figure out where I want to work it in now. Have a great workout!

Sunny - Good run today! Have fun with the pilates class.

Jess - So sorry to hear Kiersten is not feeling well. Poor baby! (((HUGS)))) Will be sending good vibes her way. Enjoy your rest day. Hope all is well with the exam. Just had mine 2 weeks ago and a mammo Wednesday.

Today's workout was 10 minutes on the elliptical, a 30 minute pace run, 10 pull ups, BBC Arms & Abs and a Zencast stretch. That Barry is a drill sargeant!}( The ab work always sneaks up on me. You don't think you're doing much but the next day tells a different story. It was a good workout!

Have a great Friday!

Jackie

Good Morning all –

I’m in an “Out of sorts” mood today. Oh well, I’ll get over it. Did Jari’s Ripped to the Core today. I do like the workout, but I’ll need to start listening to something else so I don’t hear her mindless chatter about using high reps and light weights so you don’t bulk.

Cathy – oh yeah, I know how bored Maja was at Grad Practice. Sounds like you’re very busy! How sweet that your old students are dropping by to say hi! You must be one heck of a teacher as we only did that for our favorites!

Wendy – L&B always gets me if I haven’t done it for a while. It’s a sleeper, I swear. Have fun at your Baptism. Sounds like a nice one.

Carole – Another vote for Tony being attractive. Enjoy your run!

Sunny – sounds grueling – run for an hour THEN hit the stairs! You are an iron woman!

Jackie – Jimmy pretty much plays with other dogs all day. They are supervised and the “camp counselors” (which is what they are called) will through balls, and take them outside when they need to use the facilities. But, it’s nothing fancy. Just lots of fun with other dogs. As he loves to play, he comes home exhausted. I’m thinking a couple times a week will work nicely. I adore Barry (my DD14 thinks he’s the hottest of them all – I don’t know why, but he is cute), but I swear by the end of the video, if he says “Hold” one more time the dumbbell is going through the TV screen. :p

Jess – oh my – I’m sorry to hear about Kiersten. The poor thing! I cannot even imagine how you’re feeling with all of this. Enjoy your 5K!! Good to see you out racing again!

Hi to all who follow!! Wonder how Shelly is enjoying her time on the East Coast?

Hi!

Happy weekend everyone :)

Today was 7 miles and it went well. I made a new route for the 9 mile run on Monday and today I used most of it for the7 mile route. It uses some canal path , some village and out away from the village and back to the canal / road intersection to end.

Yesterday was BM2 cardio and weights premix going heavy on the upper body weights. I have some bicep DOMS today but that is all.

I wanted to mention that I have been taking a nice bath after my runs (after stretching) lately and my legs are not as tight or sore as they have been in the past. This recommendation came from the Chi Running book. :)

Christine~ I hope you are not out of sorts for long!

Cathy~ Yikes! i would have taken a rest day too if I were in your shoes!

Wendy~ the baptism in the yard sounds simple and fun! My kind of party!

Hi Carole, Jes, Jackie, Sunny

Guess what? We are getting a Spanish girl age 15 to stay with us for the month of July! She has traveled quite a bit but never to the USA. My DD is quite thrilled to speak Spanish with her.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hey Ladies!

Carole: You are probably right...I don't think I would have been able to make it through the X back then. I'd have quit for sure!:p
How cool to get baptised in a lake w/your hubby!:) Still painting?

Sunny: Thanks for the input on ISculpt #10. Watch, I'll forget about it and end up ordering it down the line and be disappointed! LOL I finally did what I should have done MONTHS ago! I signed up for the yearly subscription to ITrain. I was on their site to buy my first ISculpt Ballet and I just went for it. I'm addicted so I might as well, right!? }(

Jackie: Great work out today as usual. You are very creative with your mish-mosh style of exercise. I like it!:)

Jess: I am sending get well hugs Kiersten's way!:+

Christine: I haven't done a Jari work out since last year!!!! I started the X in January and just haven't gotten back around to her stuff at all yet. That's okay though as I did her work outs for like 3 months straight when I first started buying them. I tend to be an "all or nothing" kind of girl! LOL Hey-where do I sign up to be a camp counselor for a doggy daycare? How cool would THAT be!?
:+

Judy: So is your guest for the month of July on some sort of exchange program with school? What kinds of things will she be doing while she is staying with you? Is she enrolled in some kind of summer school program or something?

Due to the later onset of DOMS in my upper body I nixxed Cardio Sculpt for today but added in more ab work to make up for it!:) I did the ab work from my Istrength and Isculpt and then did Cardio Core Express and 6 Minute Abs! My mid-section is toast right now! I almost did the standing ab work ala Joey in BBC too but didn't want to push it!}(

I may trade up tonight's plan of spin for the kickbox class instead. My quads are waaay sore and won't be able to handle spin if they stay this way. I need to be able to WALK tomorrow! :eek:

Hi cheetahs! Happy Friday afternoon…

Wendy :: sounds like a sharp outfit planned for tomorrow…I am big fan of black & white…it looks so classic…You are right – thanks – I will do what I can and not get too anal about things…yes, you should sign up!

Carole :: thank you, thank you, thank you for the vibes!…I stumbled across a pic of myself at age 13 and meant to share it with my students today (but I forgot). I thought they would get a kick out of the 80s hair. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/16.gif

Sunny :: I am laughing so hard now that I clicked on your avatar for a better look…I see that it’s a woman w/ blond hair lying flat on a weight bench…From the small view, I thought it was some sort of creature lifting the barbell over its head (which is not a head at all but is really her boobs) *lol*…how was pilates?…thanks for the confidence boost! I am most worried about the stats question as that was not my strongest class…The packing usually isn’t bad, but when you switch classrooms, it does involve a lot more physical work. I’m pretty beat after another day of heavy lifting!

Jackie :: oh yeah, it’s OK, it’s just part of the job – there are certain times of the school year that are just more hectic than others. I’m making good progress w/ the packing. Granted, I was not happy about the move at first, but I’ve accepted it now and the fact that there will probably be many more moves before I retire!…Great workout today (as always)…I agree about Barry – I really like his style. I work harder for the tougher instructors.

Christine :: hope you’re back in sorts soon! Is everything OK?... I hear you on Jari’s mindless chatter. I have not done that one in ages, either…thanks for the kind words re: my former students…I was thinking how lucky I am that they come back and say hello as I never did that for my junior high teachers (well, the nice ones – we had some absolute lunatics in my school!)…I think what prompted their return is my end-of-the-year assignment where they write a letter to themselves and then I mail it to them at the end of freshman year. (Of course, the dang stamps went up so I had to shell out 2 cents per letter. *lol*) So, anyway, they were really excited about that. Which made me glad because they said they felt weird when they were writing it. OK, now I’m rambling, aren’t I?

Judy :: A warm soak in the bath makes sense…I have not picked up the Chi Running book since I first purchased it. I hope to get to it more this summer…On a related note, I am *dying* to get another hot stone massage. The warmth really feels soooo good on the muscles…That should be fun entertaining a foreign student for the month of July. Have you planned anything special to show her while she’s here?

Jess :: sorry to hear about Kiersten’s setback. Hope she feels better.

Oh man, shame on me for talking like this on the cheetah thread, but I am feeling wayyyyy tired right now. I don't know if I can force myself to work out. What a disgrace. *lol* I think I have to send back my cheetah shirt. ;) :D Let me eat something and see if I can muster up the will. But I feel CouchMax calling my name......

Cathy :)

Jess - Good luck with your 5K tomorrow. Good luck to Allison too. Hope Kiersten feels better.

Christine - Jari wears you out with all the talk about calories, food and muscle. She makes me think she had a eating disorder or something. I can see why Jimmy is worn out. Glad he gets to have fun. I did have a few choice words for Barry this morning.

Judy - Great 7 miles today! How awesome that you're getting a Spanish girl! How is dd's Spanish?

Wendy - How are the abs? Glad you had a good class.

Cathy - Just think you're still young and can handle the moves a little bit better. I would probably be freaking out. Glad you're ok with it now. I'm feeling my BBC Leg and Butt workout from yesterday. Sounds like you deserve a rest.

I need to get to bed. I want to beat the sun for my run in the morning.

Good night!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.