:::::::Cheetahs Friday 6/1 already??????

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Greetings running friends!

This Cheetah is having trouble posting, but loves to get here when possible!

Carole~ TG DH is having his stress test today. I don't know if I told you but my DH is a cardiologist (I am a retired Respiratory Therapist) and we see all too often that people ignore their health issues, even our close friend who passed in March. So, good for your DH going through with his diagnostics.

Running is going well. I did 8 miles and 5 mile of speed work (800 repeats on the TM) so far this week. Today is an easy 2-4 mile run. The heat has kicked in here at 90 degrees.

We have planted an abundance of flowers and have bee watering like mad.

Next week we start two projects a patio expansion/redo with a built in charcoal grill, and the workout room construction will begin too. We didn't plan them to be done simultaneously, but it is OK. I still haven't found an affordable floor for cardio, but I am leaning towards engineered wood over a subfloor.

Cathy~ I hope your fasting' test went OK... I laughed at your comment about 4 cars. Many families with multiple teens have multiple cars just to make commuting manageable these days. Us included.

TTFN Cheetah Babes!!!
Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good Morning!

Judy: So nice to see you here! Wish you had more time to play but such is the life of a busy mom, right? :) I think I want to come live with you! A patio with a built in grill AND a "made to order" work out room? Girl, you got it made in the shade! ;) }( :+

I have Tone It Up and Chin Ups on tap for today. I think I am also going to add push ups to those chin ups too starting from today!!! }(

So what's everyone's plans for the weekend? DH, DS and I are going to do something later on today. Probably the park and dinner. Tomorrow night I am going out with 2 good friends for dinner and gabbing. Sunday I am going shopping with my mom. She needs new carpet for her dining room so she is going to pick it out tomorrow. I am considering new carpet for 1, possibly 2 rooms in my home as well so I am going to go with her and browse. I will collect all information neccessary and come back to DH with the bottom line-what it will cost! He doesn't even know I want to do this yet! LOL I REALLY want laminate flooring but he doesn't want to spend that kind of $ on a house he wants to move out of. Our rugs are SHOT though and I think we really need to do SOMETHING wether we are going to sell the house or not.

Well I gotta get moving...time to get DS up and get ready for work so I'll be back later on!

Ciao Bellas:)

Good morning Cheetahs! I was going to try to get in a 4 miler today, but now I think I will be too busy during lunch. My lunch plans are to put up my yard sale signs, stop by the bank, and organize the clothes for the yard sale. Everything else seems to be organized and ready for tomorrow. The yard sale is going to start at 7 a.m. so hopefully I will have a big turn out. Tonight a few ladies from the daycare plan to come over to look at the baby stuff. One will be a new grandmother in the fall so she wants to keep some stuff at her house. I'm sure by tonight, before the yard sale even starts, I will have sold at least $50-100 worth of stuff. I'm actually really excited about getting rid of all of the baby stuff.

Gayle - Congrats on your pre-yard sale sales! That is great! Good luck today and tomorrow!

I'll try to come back later for personals. I think I will have some extra time later.

Take care!!

Hey guys. QUICK QUICK QUICK AGAIN for me.

Kristi-yard sale vibes coming' at ya! LOL. I opened my garage door (just 1, not both) at 6:57 this AM so my mom could get in the house. At exactly 7am, there were 2 people shopping! LOL It didn't technically start till 8am! LOL GOOD LUCK!

This morning, for me, was PUB with the abs section first. I can get thru those abs entirely if I do them first!

Kids' rooms are coming together! I rec'd Jacob's Cowboys comforter set this AM so that's in the wash. I just won an Eagles fleece blanket for Zachary's room too. I'll post pics once I get that fleece and put it on his bed!

Gotta run...CUSTOMERS COMING! lol

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thank you for your thoughts for us both. I will say I laughed outloud about your Jari carb comment....where in the world did she learn that crap??? I took some meds once that I had to do the monthly blood test and like you hated the fasting and even worse not being able to have coffee in the morning!! It is funny as I rarely do any of the CTX cardio just the weight parts. Unlike you though I do enjoy step.

Judy...yes, I do remember reading your DH was a cardiologist. I did read up a bit on SVT's and if they are not too severe, they are treatable. You have no idea how glad I am that my DH is finally getting this checked out. Sounds like your running is going well. We have temps in the 90's too....makes me feel wilted sometimes.

Jackie...thank you for your prayers. Good idea to skip the running with the ham pain. Sounds like you got a good workout in.

Jess..thanks for your prayers and I will keep you all updated.

Laurie...thank you for your thoughts. I do hope this is a wake up call for him. Yes, it has been very hard not to nag at him. You take and OCD exerciser and team her with a man that does not see any importance in working out makes for a fiery mix sometimes! Congrats to Marley!! WOW!..I had no idea cheer leading was so expensive...

Kristi..thank you for your prayers. Good luck with the upcoming Garage sale.

Christine...thank you for your prayers for both of us. I am just glad he is finally going. I would like some answers. I hope you get the other 2 cars running. With kids the car situation has to be tough.

Wendy..good job with spin and yoga yesterday! I imagine if my DH's tests go well today we can get back to painting this weekend!

Gayle...good luck with your yard sale...:)

I never got in abs yesterday as they were still a bit sore from the fall...so I am thinking since my upper body is fried from the GS workouts I will do a coremax segment and a run. Maybe legs if I have time. I'll be back later if I can to update you all on my DH..

Have a great day...:)

Good morning ladies! 4 more days and I will be heading to FL!! Can't wait.

Jess - Hamstring feels fine today. Will give it a test tomorrow. I think my legs needed any easier week. How is Erin feeling today?

Laurie - Happy Belated Birthday to DD! You sound like a proud mama! Love reading about your bike rides! They just sound so peaceful and calming. Congratulations to Marley making the cheerleading squad!! It does sound expensive but it's good that she's contributing. Sounds responsible too.

Kristi - Good luck with the yard sale tomorrow!

Christine - Love the CC Choose Living! Picturing you riding your bike with all of your work stuff in a basket. Hmmm, Mary Poppins comes to mind. LOL!! Good luck with doggy daycare.

Wendy - Sounds like you had a fun day at the park yesterday. Good luck with getting your workout in today. Sounds like fun plans for you this weekend. I plan on doing some packing since I'll be leaving Tuesday evening.

Cathy - Treadmill guy called when he was an hour away. I told him to call me when he was about 5 minutes away and I would meet him there. We got there at the same time. Took him about 10 minutes. Can you imagine staying home from work for 10 minutes of work. UGH!! Should be a better system set up that's more convenient for the customer. Hope your tests go well today.

Gayle - Great start to the yard sale! Hope you make lots more $$$. Congratulations on the 3 pounds gone!!

Judy - Great job on the 8 miles and speedwork!! I can't remember but do you have a race coming up soon? Know you're going to love having a new workout room.

Carole - Hope all goes well with DH today. Why are men so hardheaded sometimes? x( Enjoy your workout!

I did iClimb #17 Core Training. Love this one. Did a portion of iStretch #10. Still got in a good 70 minute workout. Gonna try for a longer, easier run tomorrow.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Jackie

G'morning Cheetahs! It's my rest day & I'm taking it! I've just been tired all week. My body's definitely ready for my 2nd recovery week!! :) I slept til 7:30 this morning, it's amazing what an extra 3 hrs will do for ya!!! :p The kiddos are done w/ school so they slept in too. We're enjoying a lazy morning & then will head to the store in a bit. We are having company again (anyone else want to come visit?? ;-) ). Greg's best friend & his family will be here from FL. I'm so excited to see them, their 2 girls are like nieces to me. They all get along great too. I've got to stock up on fresh fruits/ veggies, and food to grill out again! I love summer, cooking is so much easier! :p

I'm going to see if I can post here, I'm such a dork but I'm so excited that I can really see my tricep!! Here's a pic from my day 30 pics (actually day 34!).
http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL386/8948436/16499372/253583037.jpg

I've been posting on the clean eating thread & have had a pretty darn good week. The scale was up a little bit & now inching back down so I'm happy with that. ;-)

OK, the natives are getting restless, must get everyone dressed & out the door! I can see my computer time is going to get more limited this summer!

hello ladies,

late check in for me today. was at ds's field day. today was his last day of kindergarten...sniff, sniff. we had alot of fun!

early this a.m. i did a 40 min itread. can't remember which number but it was a toughie (at least for me).

judy- thanks for getting us started this morning.

wendy- you are loving those pull-ups!}( :D btw- itrain has a new all sprints itread....lol. weekend plans for me-tomorrow i am going for my spin certification, wooohooo. also signed ds#1 up for swimming lessons. how is your practical coming along?

carole- (((hugs))) and many prayers for your dh (and you).

jackie- i downloaded that iclimb, but have yet to do it. have you seen the new ones for june}( . i downloaded 3 more today...hehehe

jess- looking good!! so happy to see you are doing great with your eating. me, i fell off the wagon. too many trips to ds's school this week, lol.

kristi- have you checked out any of the itrains yet, that will get your running juices flowing again}( :D

cathy- thanks!! i will be on the lookout. btw, when you get a chance pm me the info, so i can check out the pics.

anyone heard from linda???

BBL...

Hey Ladies:) I had early appointments today so I got in 45 minutes of yoga before my turn for the shower (too many Girls in this house:p ). I'm finished work at 5:30 and will try to sneak a run in. Not sure if that will happen, Marley is in the cancer fund raiser 'Relay for Life' tonight, she's on a team and they take turns walking or running for 20 minutes at a time through the night (7p.m.-7a.m.). It's at the Royal Military College on the Lake so if the weather hold out it will be very nice, last year it rained all night...not so nice...I'll go down with her and Faith and our exchange student. Maybe I can sneak off for a little run while we're down there.

Judy, sounds like a fabulous project, I know the finished product will make you very happy but getting through the process can be pretty stressful...good stress but stress none the less:)

Wendy, don't you just LOVE summer. Sounds like a great weekend, I have tomorrow off so I'll be happily planting and digging in the dirt, of course I'll have a good run before and a few beverages with a friend after.

Kristi, sounds like you're in good shape (literally and figuratively;-) :p) for your yard sale tomorrow. It certainly is the end of an era when you can get rid of the baby stuff...although I've hung on to a few special things for....dare I say it....grandkids! :eek: That'll be 10 years or so from now (I hope).

Gayle, good stuff, that's awesome that you won the blanket! Looking forward to your pics:)

Carole, you really did a number on your poor ribs Girl. Hope you're back to full steam and can enjoy your workout today. Please do let us know how things go with hubby.

Jackie, I do find the rides peaceful for the most part but I sure do get cursing the wind at times....and the d@mn drivers that won't give up an inch of pavement but they're the exception, not the rule. You really are loving those iClimbs...I should check them out!

Jess, Well Done Girl!!!! Niiice tricep cut!!! You've worked hard, thanks for sharing your pic with us. You are so smart to do it now, I waited to long to get fit, I know the cut is in my tricep but the 'batwing' keeps it under cover:+

Cathy, thanks for your kind words yesterday, my Girls really are impressive (lots of people tell me so) although, I'm more apt to think that it's not because of me, it's in spite of me :+ :7

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hola! How are my favorite cheetah goddesses on this glorious FRIDAY afternoon?

Judy :: great to “see” you!…Great job putting in those miles in this heat. So. Jersey is seeing the same…Re: multiple cars – ya know, I just didn’t realize that Christine had any drivers in the household beyond her and DH. It is 18 now to be licensed in Jersey, so I wasn’t thinking about the fact that many states are still lower. I was thinking Christine's daughter is 17, but come to think of it, I do recall Christine sharing a story or two involving DD behind the wheel...I remember when I first started driving and the jockeying around to borrow cars that went on. Definitely having one’s own set of wheels is preferred – for child and parent, I’m sure!

Wendy :: I might be heading out tonight – am not 100% sure if I feel like it. I’m feeling a strong urge to veg. Tomorrow I am getting my hot stone massage (hot diggety dog!!) and will need to do some grading/schoolwork. Am hoping to knock out my to-do list on Saturday, so I can kick back on Sunday.

Kristi :: good luck with the yard sale! Hope you do well.

Gayle :: too funny about those early bird shoppers. Is there anything even left in your garage at this point?

Carole :: how’s DH feeling today?…Yeah, Jari and Rich would make a lovely May-December couple, wouldn’t they?…I haven’t tried the other cardios on CTX…are the step workouts a bit on the choreographed side?…Yeah, it really stinks not to have my morning tea! I think I am getting better about fasting now that I keep having to do it. But it didn’t work out this morning. When I got to the lab for my walk-in at 7:02 am (they opened at 7), there were already 20 people ahead of me. I couldn’t stay b/c I had to get to work, so I wound up having to reschedule the bloodwork for Sat. the 9th and my doc appt. for the 11th. Which will mean a gap in the medication, but oh well. Lesson learned. This was a new lab, one closer to my work. The one nearest to where I live never has that kind of waiting line. If you are there at 7, you are out by 7:15.

Jackie :: oh, I didn’t realize you were going away! How long will you be in FL? What part? I agree with you that the scheduling for these things needs to be more customer-friendly. I know it’s hard to anticipate how long it will take to fix a problem, but for folks who work all week, it is not reasonable to expect them to take a day off without a solid appointment.

Jess :: you’ve been working so hard – and it shows! Woohoo! Look at those tri’s! – so enjoy that recovery week. I don’t think you can see it as much in my pics since they are not close up, but the tri’s are definitely one of the areas that I noticed most improvement after the X. I think by the end yours will be totally ripped! Good job on the clean eating, too. I’ve been eating clean. As in licking my plate clean. It’s gotta stop.

Sunny :: good luck at tomorrow’s spin certification…no doubt you will rock it! I’ll PM you. I wonder, too, what Linda is up to. Hope she’s OK.

Laurie :: aww, don't be so modest, mom! Hope the weather stays clear for the relay. How are the French lessons going?

Today will be BBC S&B followed by a cardio TBD. Too muggy out there for a run, so I will play by ear.

~Cathy :)

Didn't realize BBC S&B was 45 min. long. Running short on time, so I had to cut the cardio out but will make it up in the AM.

Have a great night!
Cathy :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the comments on my pic! I knew you ladies would understand my excitement on seeing my tricep!! :7 I can do those side tri rises pretty darn well now & the straight leg dips aren't so bad either.

Cathy ~ You totally cracked me up on the licking your plate clean comment. Believe me, I have my moments too. AF has left the house, so that's always a good thing! :p

Well, I enjoyed my rest day. Got the grocery shopping done & mowed the lawn but that was it for my exercise! :p I feel a lot better after a good night's rest last night for sure!!

Ok, my dd's want to play games now so have a good one!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.