::: CHEETAHS ::: Friday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs :) :) :)

I overslept a little - ACK! - and am now in a bit of rush. Will catch up tonight, for sure.

Just wanted to wish you all a FAB day!!

You, too, Cathy!

Mornin' Cheetahs:

Kristi - my 'practice' for step class went really well, that was on Wednesday and I still have DOMS in my arms from all the push ups and legs from the walking lunges. Apparently I needed to wake those muscles up A LOT :7 :7 I'm trying to put together some more circuit routines and step ones that are fairly beginner. I've had quite a few emails that people/friends are joining my step class that are brand new or haven't seen a step in a few years so I don't want to scare them off right away.

Tonight I work at the bar and tomorrow DS has his first 5/6 grade football game. I'm so excited!!! :D

I hope everyone has a great day I need to get more coffee now, I'm not waking up very quick this morning, TGIF!!!

Marcia

Cathy-sometimes those mornings where you just have not choice but the RUSH RUSH RUSH are the mornings that we're the most alert. lol Have a great day at school.

Good morning everybody! What are your plans for the weekend? Anything fun? Me....tomorrow I've got DS' baseball game, and then Sunday is my Relay Marathon. Starts at 7am, and I'm the first leg (6.5 miles), and I'm really looking forward to it...but it's forecasted to RAIN :(

I was up early...earlier than normal as TOM hit. I KNEW it would...seems that for every single fitness "event" I have planned, TOM comes: my Disney marathon, my half marathons (all 3 of them), BOTH RTs, and now the relay marathon. lol Whatever! Life goes on.

This morning's workout was PS Legs and Abs. It was my first time since June of 2006! lol I really like this workout, too! When the boys get on the bus, I'm heading out for a run...interested to see how my foot does. I've been rolling on the tennis ball and stretching the calves. We'll see.

BBL

Gayle

Jumping back in to say HI to Wendy and Marcia. Wendy-your talk on iTread & Tush has me wanting to do that one! I've had it, but then my TM broke down. It's fixed...so maybe next week!

Good Morning Ladies.

Cathy: I think this is the first time I've heard you say that you overslept! You are more reliable then my alarm clock normally! :D

Marcia: Have fun putting together new routines for your class. Did the coffee do it's job and wake you up eventually?

OMG! I STILL have major DOMS in my tris! I am facing an upper body only work out today and may SKIP the tri's. I did UML on wednesday so I'm thinking the tris could stand to rest a bit more. I can always do them as an add-on over the weekend to get 'em in before the next time I do U/B. So I have PUB sittin' on my desk to be done...let's see if I stick with that or end up changing it! :7 I also thought about CTX U/B split...Hmmmmmm. What's a girl to do? :p

BBL!

Gayle - How's the new job? Is it fulltime? Good luck on the relay, TOM and all. :)

Wendy - I'm starting to wake up, BUT I am just dreading the shower and getting ready for work, UGH!! I just want to stay home.......but, duty calls!

Have a great day everyone, I'm hoping to get back here once I get to work, as you can tell my outlook on work today isn't too motivated ;)

Marcia.

Hey, Marcia...the job is FUN! I have a fear of the microphone, though. lol I've been letting the other lady take care of that part, but yesterday we decided that today I need to do that part so the kids know we BOTH are in charge, not just the lady with the mike! LOL THe job is part time, 3hours per day during the lunch hours. It's a TON OF FUN, because I know a TON of the kids!

Gayle

WOW, that is wonderful!! I'm so glad for you, you sound very excited and happy about it and that's great! That's the way a job 'should' feel. :7

HAVE FUN! Oh, and it sure does help to know a lot of the kids I'm sure.
Marcia.

Good Morning Gayle. I am so glad that you are enjoying your new job. Good for you!:D :D :D

Marcia: I hope you have time to get back here during work today. Don't worry about it girl, I used to spend HOURS on the internet every day at my last job! DOH!

Kristi: So when do you plan to do Tread n Tush again? I would like to use it next week BUT I also have IClimb Core and IClimb Circuit to try out as I got them when I got the tushy work out! LOL I ALSO just ordered All Body Attack w/Sharon Twombly and Mindy Myrlea's Kick Butt Boot Camp off of Collage Video last night! }( }( }(

Susan: I have thought about not being a good match with a client. I know for a fact I will not be comfortable training a man in the beginning so I am actually only applying to ladies only gyms at first. I would prefer it for a starting point. Thanks for the confidence in me. I really appreciate it. Makes me feel good. :)

Cathy: I hope you don't come home as whooped tonight as you did last night. What work out are you going try to fit in? Hope you had a good day!

So I ordered Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack and Mindy Myrlea's Kick Butt Boot Camp off of Collage last night! I am excited to get them and try them out! I'll have to try them over the next few weeks so that I can take advantage of Collage's wonderful return policy if I don't like them for any reason. :)

Off to get java #2!

Wendy-do you need an INTERVENTION??? lol I cannot wait to try out Tread n Tush next week!

Gayle

Hey Gayle! I also have IClimb Core AND IClimb Circuit (#4) to try out!!! I'm gonna be a busy girl over the next few weeks!:p

Happy Friday Cheetah Babes!

Cathy – Glad the first day went well! I can absolutely understand the draining thing. So much work, anticipation, nerves, that when the day actually arrives, it’s almost an anti-climax. Enjoy today as well.

Kristi – I have a Pilates Band workout by Ana Caban and like it – I’ll look into her. Thanks.

Carole – Glad the run was great at 82! I would think the click-click of the metronome would be peaceful – maybe because I’m used to working with one from my music days. LOL. Are you surrounded by fires as well? The wind is supposed to blow in off the sea today, so the should be cleaner tomorrow. I hope so!

Amy – I know –getting older is great in many ways, not-so-great in others. I think switching it up is good. So far my appetite has been more under control, but I’m not sure that’s not because I’m so determined. LOL

Shelly, darling, I roll over for no one! :p I have my one-on-one with my boss today, and he’s a good sort. I want to ask him his thoughts before I do anything. I already told him that I was considering the position.

Susan – I think the smoke in the area for the past few days is from the Plumas fire up near Tahoe. Crazy that that smoke could reach us!

Wendy – I think you’ll be a good trainer. You’re willing to work with people and create programs that work for them. It’s okay to push people, but there’s pushing and endangering. Hope your DOMs eases a bit as you start to workout. Tri’s DOMs is tough as so many things use the tri’s – and you figure out how much when you try to do UB with DOMs there!

Marcia – Glad your practice step class went well! I’ll be cheering on your son in his first game this year! Go Team!!!!

Gayle – oh man! That sucks! ALL of your events? Well, as you’ve been successful with all of your running events to date, why change things? LOL. I hope it’s dry on Sunday for you!

It’s Yoga today – Baron Baptiste’s Long and Lean. I ordered Rodney Yee’s Yoga Burn, and I’m taking a chance on a program called Yogalates 2. A mix of yoga and pilates. I watched the preview and it looked good. We’ll see. Well, off to get ready for my date with Baron! TGIF!!!!! http://www.doubleclicks.info/column/forum/html/emoticons/cheer.gif

Good morning Cheetahs!

I had all intentions of getting up extra early to do another run, but I just could not!!!! I think the first week of school is tough. I am so so so tired, as Cathy must be too!

I am at work now, but wanted to check in to wish everyone a fabulous day and weekend.

I have my 5K road race on Sunday for the Sept 11th victims.

:)

THEN I must get back into my workout schedule!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday,
Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I bet the 1st day did wear you out...having to wear heels again would be tough. Hope today goes a bit better for you...:)

Wendy...sounds like you enjoyed Tread & Tush. I think the GTG will be very fun and then I get to eat at one of my favorite mexican places down in Southern Cal...:)...Hope the tri DOMS gets better. PUB or CTX upper body...tough decision. Hope you enjoy your new workouts.

Gayle...it is not fun when TOM hits at all the wrong times!! I hope the relay goes great for you. I am going to Southern Cal for a few days to visit my FIL and also to have a GTG with some good friend from High School! BTW a golf ball would be much more effective for your heel than a tennis ball...:)

Christine...yes, we do have fires around, but no smoke. I think on our way down south that the Sac area will be very smoky too. The metronome actually makes a beep, beep which I have read bothers some people, but so far it has not bugged me much. Enjoy Yoga today...:)

Amy...good luck on the 5K this weekend. I am hoping to have a great time...:)

Shelly...good luck on the half this weekend. Sounds like a very nice weekend planned for you. yes, I am planning on a long run at my FIL's sunday. It is all dirt an no traffic where he lives so I actually love running there.I am looking forward to the GTG also as some of these girls I have not seen in 10 years.

Susan..geeze..the Gaunlet on an 8 inch step? I'd probably kill myself....:)...It is great to be running injury free!!! Shelly is doing the full marathon in LV but I plan on doing the half, how about you?

Kristi...well all I can say is I think I was starting to develop Plantar fasciitis, so I gave the Chi running a try. Besides the other things I was doing to treat the PF the pain is GONE in my heel. But Chi running is supposed to help prevent injuries. Wow...9 inches of your hair is alot. I bet it looks cute. Although I have no idea why, I have only had about 4 gray hairs in my life, but DH, he has alot!!

I am doing PUB upper, up only, abs and a 4 mile run setting the metronome at 83!!

I won't be checking in again until probably Tuesday, so I hope all of you Cheetahs have a great few days....:)

Bye for now...http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/103.gif[/img]

Thanks, Carole, for the golf ball idea. Someone suggested using FROZEN tennis balls. lol

Back from my run, and showered. I kept it to 25 minutes, which was tough, because I just wanted to RUN RUN RUN!

I may need to get Chi Running from my library again.

Gayle

The golf ball was my nephew's idea. He is my Chiro and he said to put all your weight on the golf ball and make the heel hurt. A frozen tennis ball might be fun!! Get the Chi book again...:7 :+ :)

Quick post today. I probably won't be able to come back today or even this weekend. Sunday is DDs 2nd birthday and we are going to have a small family gathering. I get off work in about 30 minutes and I need to go grocery shopping and then pick up the kids from daycare. It is so much easier to get in and out of the store when I don't have the kids. Anyway, I'm hoping to get in a run today, but I'm not holding my breath. Monday I will be getting back on track with my eating and exercising. I feel blah due to not being in my normal routine. That needs to change.

Wendy - I'm not sure yet when I will be doing tread n tush next, maybe next week. Currently I'm trying to figure out my new mp3 player and I'm uploading that workout right now as I am typing this. Girl you have a lot of workouts to try. So many workouts, so little time. :) Next week I will probably be buying the itread outdoors. Before long I will have a lot to try too. I still need to upload all of my CC to my mp3 player. However, I might need to wait until DH orders my laptop, which might be this weekend. Working in IT gives DH some special perks from vendors. He is waiting to hear back from them and then decide on the best deal.

Good news: I just finished a pb on ww bread sandwich and man was it YUMMY!:9

Bad news: My motivation to work out today is in the toilet!:-(

I am not going to push it. Perhaps I will be more into it later after I drop DS off at SIL's. I think that is part of the problem. I know that if I do it now everything else will be a big rush and I HATE that. I'd rather put off the work out for a few hours and see what happens then be in a bad mood the entire afternoon because I had to squeeze it in. I could just smack myself though as I KNEW I needed to get my work out done earlier then usual today and I STILL wasted time until it was too late....GRRRRR!x(

I guess I will go clean up around here and make sure DS is all packed up and ready to go for the weekend. I am hoping not to hit traffic on the way there or home. Tonight DH and I are going out for a couple of drinks with a friend. I am not staying out later or over indulging though as I have an 8 miler on tap for tomorrow morning!:eek:

BBL!:)

On the CC and iTrain talk...I need a new mp3 player as well! LOL I have a 1 gig and I have just about taken all my music off and replaced it with all iTrains and CCPP. lol. May need to invest in a 2 gig real soon, especially considering I have the iTrain resolution package! LOL

Tread and Tush is on tap for me for next week!

PB.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I may need to mix up some PB2 this afternoon!

Work is done, then I picked up my race packet for the weekend. WHile out, I hit the running store and tried on a newer version of my running shoe which offers more stability and HEAL SUPPORT! YEAH for my PF. I can't wait to try them out!

Gotta catch the bus in a few!

Gayle

OMG! I've been sitting here massaing my heal with a golf ball and WOW! It really gets in there, doesn't it? Just had to share! LOL

Gayle

Happy Friday, cheetah babes! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif

Much to catch up on! Now that I'm back at school, I have no downtime to post during the day.

I’m having some internet issues this afternoon and hope it cooperates long enough to post.

Wendy :: the first day was good…I have a few who are surprisingly chatty for the first few days, but no worries ‘bout that ~ they will be nipped in the bud. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Cool/cool04.gif Yeah, I couldn’t wake up this morning, but watch – tomorrow I will probably be up at 4. *lol* Can you refresh me on what UML is?…I will most likely NOT workout tonight but will on the weekend. I’m going to preview some of the new DVDs I received this week, though…I can relate to your frustration with today’s workout…I do the same sometimes and wind up feeling as you do.

Christine :: I’m glad the fires do not pose a risk to you and hope the same is true for all the other Cali cheetahs…I have yet to find a yoga instructor that I’m truly crazy about it…How did it go with the one-on-one today? Completely agree the 1-year policy would be understandable if it were equally enforced…I hope this works out for you. It sounds as though you are the ideal person for it.

Kristi :: (if you are still here)…congrats on the new gadgets!!! FUN!! I used to like to bake finger cookies and other goodies for Halloween for my students or cupcakes at other times but no more…New law's in effect that we cannot serve any candy or anything with sugar as its main ingredient. Oh well…times have changed…Would love to see a pic of your new ‘do. It must feel SO much lighter to have that much chopped!…happy b’day to DD!!

Carole :: (if you are here)…glad you are liking the runs with the metronome…how is the smoke?…Enjoy your visit with your FIL and HS friends…don’t get too wild! :D Despite being a little tiring, both days went well. Normally on Fridays, I would wear jeans and sneakers, but since it was only day two, I wore heels again. My chiro (big surprise) disapproves. *lol*

Amy :: I’m glad your first day went well…yes, I can definitely relate – I am wiped, too. Good luck in tomorrow’s 5K! We’ll look forward to your race report. I admire you for running it during opening week ~ I don't know that I'd have the gas!

Shelly :: the nursing classes sound a lot like what’s required in teaching…and yes, it always changes!…best of luck in tomorrow’s HM…I’m sure you will kick butt!! http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/award.gif

Susan :: Mmm, Snickers! It’s almost Halloween time – fun-size bars!!

Marcia :: good luck to DS in his game…great news that you have more steppers joining your class! I know how much you enjoy teaching it.

Gayle :: Absolutely – and working with kids wakes you up pretty darn quick, doesn’t it?…Stinks about the timing of TTOM! I ran Broad Street one year on Day 1 and it was tough getting going at first. There was one year, too, when it fell on just about every major holiday. *lol* That’s the beauty of BC – being in total control! Hope your foot cooperated today…Oh, the dreaded microphone…I’ve never had lunch duty, but in my old school, teachers HATED doing that. I agree—ya gotta establish yourself as an equal authority. Ooh, new kicks! Enjoy!!

Nice. I’ve got the news on in the background. Needles and tampons are washing up on the Jersey shore again. Deva ju, anyone?

Hi to any other cheetahs checking in later. Have a great night, everyone!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.