::: CHEETAHS ::: Friday, 12/1

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs~ :)

I ran 4 miles yesterday (in 67 degree weather!) but didn't manage to check back in. So I'm off to go read up on the posts and will be back for personals.

Today I'm planning a run after school and hopefully weights (which I've neglected in the past two weeks). <GUILT TRIP>

BBS-
cathy :)

Sunny :: same reason I can’t get ON the wagon…it’s been a PMS feeding frenzy over here.

Carole :: that’s the mistake I made…I should’ve gone through my own insurance instead of his! Next time you have a male bashing day, give me a holler. :) Sorry to hear about your neck! I had a small fender bender years ago (I was rear-ended in a circle) – thought nothing of it – didn’t see a doc – was only mildly sore for a couple of days – and ever since then, I have had these occasional “cricks” in a certain spot on my spine. Weight lifting has actually made it MUCH better. But still, I learned…it is absolutely best to err on the side of caution!

Laura :: I would keep valuables hidden and never let the kid out of your sight at family gatherings! Hopefully his parents can straighten him out. Bask in the glow of those compliments, girl, and don’t take the drop-outs personally!! Maybe they’re not fit enough to keep up with the class right now, or it could also be a scheduling thing. I agree – I’ve been enjoying the warm temps here in Jersey, too. Hope your son feels a little better today.

Christine :: YESSSS!!! I’m so happy for you about the results. GREAT, great news! We can all breathe a big sigh of relief now. You know, I do like Christmas songs…I just have to get in the mood for them. As of yet, the spirit hasn’t hit me. But when flipping stations yesterday, I did allow George Michael’s “Last Christmas” to stay on. Slowly, I’m being worn down… :) LOL about feeling like a reindeer prancing down the street.

Judy :: I know you are in NY…where do your kids normally go skiing?

Shelly :: 9 degrees?!! Hope you had a good long run despite the blistery temps! Really, no need to send that our way.

Susan :: tell me about it! Schools are rife with germs!! I keep anti-bacterial gels in my classroom and have had fingers and toes crossed trying to avoid some of these wicked bugs that have passed through since September. So far, so good. Hope your girls feel better.

Elaine :: thanks for the pump-up! :) The warm fuzzies are always flying around this thread, aren’t they? – it’s a beautiful thing. I kinda wish we all lived near each other and could run races together.

Barb :: ick! sorry about the ice. Hate that! Makes the prospect of driving kind of terrifying. Hope you get a break from the stress & thanks for the words of support. :)

Jess :: Yeah, Famous Dave’s is a good pick for a chowdown. I failed to mention that we then drove over to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. :) You’ve got me intrigued about DM — it’s the only one I haven’t tried yet.

Wendy :: Wow, GS Legs after a run…you so crazy! Send me some of your energy, will ya? I’m slacking over here. (I blame it on PMS. Anyone else get sluggish right before TTOM?)

OK, I think I got everybody. Sorry if I missed anyone. It's early here!

Have a great Friday & strong workouts, everyone, and I hope to BBL!
Cathy :)

Good morning friendly cheetahs!!

cathy-lol, i am sure your hair isn't that bad:D . yes, i am with you i am so sluggish, and tired right before and during TTOM. i am amazed i can even work out. however i know i need to because during that time i am eating our house, LOL

wendy- thanks. glad you agreed with my opinion. girl, you are an animal when it comes to working out:D

christine- happy dance, happy dance...i am soooooo very estatic re: your good news!!

carole- sorry to hear you suffered neck damage. sending ((((healing)))) vibes.

ok, i promise, promise, promise- I will come back sometime this evening for more personals.

today's workout is a full body workout. not sure which one. i had the floorwork premix from B & g on tap for today but i've neglected to work upperbody this week. i am not sure which workout i will do today. i would ask for recommendations but everyone is still asleep, lol. i will let you know which workout i selected when i pop back in later.

ciao for now ladies!:)

Today I think I’ll do Gauntlet. I love that one. I’ll add abs on the end. My company’s Christmas Party is tonight. It’s at the Fairmont in San Jose – a really nice hotel. I’ll order a vegetarian dish – it’ll probably be better than the rubbery chicken everyone else is served!

Cathy - Good job on the 4 miles! I absolutely understand about being in the mood. I’m still in shock that I have to do Christmas shopping now! And thanks – it is a relief to have all that out of my way. That’s too funny about your student! Thanks for the chuckle. I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend! Pamper yourself – get a manicure, pedicure or whatever trips your trigger! {{{HUGS}}}

Sunny – I was going back and forth about lower body vs upper this morning, too. I realized I wanted more over all, but in a circuit premix. Thanks for doing the Happy Dance with me!

Judy – enjoy your weight workout!

Morning Glories!:)

Cathy: No more neglecting those weights! Do you hear me, missy!? :p I am LOL'ing at the hair! It actually looks like a nice style on that chick but it needs to be tamed down ALOT!:) Wasn't the weather here y'day insane!?!? I LOVE IT! LOL

Sunny: I would have picked MM for your weight work today. I did the core work last night and now I want to do the whole thing! LOL

Judy: Isn't it sooo easy to get caught up in cardio and "forget" to get those weights in? I like lifting but cardio is just so much more fun for me!

Well it's GSBS&B time today! My u/b is feeling MUCH better today! I'm glad I waited! My legs are hurtin' but that is to be expected. ;) Tomorrow is my rest day so by Sunday they should be good to go again. }(

Okay, well my little guy is upstairs complainin' a bit. I need to get him up anyway as we are going Christmas shopping w/my mom today. I am hoping to knock out most of the gifts for the folks on my side of the family. This way when I go with DH we only have his side and my mom to take care of. It's funny...I want to complain that he doesn't come w/me for most of the Christmas shopping and that he should but then I start to think about it and realize that he is soooo much more of a pain in the arse then he is worth usually! LOL Aren't I nice? :+

I'm really outta here now...I'll catch you chicas later!:*

Ciao!

G'morning Cheetahs!! Thank God for POWER!! Our power went out for about 4 hrs last night, it started to get a bit chilly in here!! We are having a bad storm, lots of snow so the kids are excited!! School was cancelled & my crazy dh drove on to work in it!! But, he had to come home because they actually shut down the office!!!! I don't think that's ever happened in the 9 yrs he's worked there!! :eek: So we're all home today hanging out! Greg started a fire in the fireplace just in case the power does go out again & we've got Christmas music playing. The girls are making Christmas pics to send to my brother in Iraq & I'm getting a box of goodies to mail out.

Well, my plan is GS BSB at some point today. I'll be all off schedule having everyone home!! I think the girls & I might do some baking too, anything to keep them busy!! Maybe we'll even do our Gingerbread house, that'll keep them entertained for a long time!

Ok, enough babble from me. Have a great day! Once the snow slows down we'll head outside to play!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...don't stress the workouts, you'll get back on track. Loved the pic of your hair...:)...I am sure yours was not quite that messy!!! My Ins Co gave me the option of going with his insurance...I figured it might have more problems doing it that way than letting my Ins Co do it all.

Sunny...thanks for the healing vibes...enjoy your workout, whatever one you do.

Wendy...in this Corolla I hit my head on occasion getting in, as it is lower than my Mini SUV. I have a Toyota Rav4 and it is not too big at all...but higher than most cars. Have fun with your GS workout. I am doing those next week!! Have fun X-mas shopping....I am putting it off...:)

Barb...I hope there is nothing wrong with your car? Actually my neck does not hurt..I was teasing my nephew...:)...but I will be careful and do my stretches.

Laura..thanks, I am sure my neck will heal in no time and I will be careful. That was a great compliment to get on your instructing! I hope your DS is better soon!

Christine...GREAT NEWS!!!!..http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/dance.gif[/img] So, did you enjoy a nice warm shower yesterday!! So we sent Seattle an earthquake after they took our nice weather? I am getting used to the Corolla...I do like the CD player...:)...I am sure my neck wil be fine. I am just glad I got the x-rays right away and got adjusted after too. I sing in my car too....mostly Nickelback and Hinder lately...I take a B-Complex, but not sure how much B-12 is in it. Enjoy the Gauntlet.

Judy..:)..I run slow every time I run!

Shelly...9 degrees!!! YIKES!!! I am thinking it'll take longer that I want for my car. But as long as I have something to drive, I'll be fine...

Susan...hope your DD's coughs are better. I am sure my neck will heal up well, thanks. I did have fun with BM2!

Jess..your X-Mas pics are lovely! Not sure on my SUV being fixed. It depends on when they get in the part! I am glad I have a nephew that is a Chiro...he has been very helpful during this time. We loose power from time to time. Sometimes it can be alot of fun. Sounds like your day will be!

Elaine...no, I am not feeling pain in my neck. I was teasing my nephew when I said that..:)...there is an exercise called a turtle that you need this wedge for. It is basically lying on your back with your neck on the wedge and then lifting and holding your neck up for about 10-15 seconds and repeating.

Here is what my car looks like:
http://thumbs.automart.com/imgs/ag/...7/444/596/65/feed/thumb/10511036255001030.jpg

Our adjuster came out to look at the damage yesterday. When he sends in his report the Auto body shop can start looking for the part.

Yesterday I did the 1st premix on BM2 (Cardio & Weights) minus the abs and then added on the Power Circuits. Quite a fun way to do it.

Today I'll do the BM2 abs and a 5 mile run. It'll be a cold run at 32 degrees...

Have a great day....:)

Christine: You snuck your post in while I was yammering on! Your post was not there when I started typing. That is why I missed ya! LOL Have fun at the party tonight. We have my DH's Work party next saturday night. I hope it's fun.

Carole: BM2 and THEN a 5 mile run? NICE! Enjoy! My SIL has the same car as you. I like them. They are cute.

Jess: Enjoy GSBS&B! }(

MORNING,

cathy-hope you get your run in today as well as wts!

carole-love the vehicle. I need a new one.Mine is on the brink of dying.

just got back from morning bootcamp class. Its always nice to get the workout done early but with teaching 3 classes a week I cant really get any of the p90x workouts in. I mean the bootcamp class is so high intensity and If I do it 3x week I feel like if I add plyo x it will be too much ,or over training as far as high intensity plyometric type workouts. I will however run tomorrow and sunday. I am just trying to figure out how to incorporate the p90x in my schedule along with my teaching and not over do it.My son is feeling better today but I let him stay home another day. He slep from 1:30pm until 11:00 lastnight then went back to bed around 1 a.m. and slept until 5:15 am this morning. Thats alot of sleep time but his poor body must have needed it.

talk with you all later!

Carole: GOTCHA! Much more of a sane choice! LOL ;)

Hi Laura!

Okay, GSBS&B is DONE! I only upped my weights on the first set of biceps curls. I wanted to try to up weights for back but I need a heavier set of DB's first! I have wanted them for months but kept putting it off! DUMB, I know! x(

Off to the showers and then to hit the stores! Wish me luck!}(

hi wendy! have fun shopping!

cathy believe me I will be more cautious when it comes to having stuff down around people I dont know well. My family hasnt been around her kids much,so we really dont know them well. I know this past summer we had 4th of july celebration out at our camp grounds and I caught him going thru my cabinets 2x for no reason. He doesnt know us and you really wouldnt think you'd go thru somebody elses cabinets at least I wouldnt. I think know anyway, that he was looking to see what he could steal.

Good morning cheetahs! I had a nice posting all done with personals earlier and then left the computer without hitting post x( x(
Oh well, try again! This morning I did HCE#1 and then KPC for the fun factor! That's it for today....tomorrow I'll be in the Jingle Bell 5k...I can't wait for that, it should be such fun! Yesterday was too cold for a long run and I had too much going on in the afternoon to wait for it to warm up so I toughed it out on the TM!
I popped in a movie (Cinderella Man for those who are interested) and got in 15 miles. Went for my yearly physical in the afternoon and just as my doc was leaving she turned and said... "you know, you're my healthiest patient! Actually I have one other who is just as healthy but she is 25 yrs old" Boy did that have this old lady stoked!!!! Anyway, DH and I just got back from taking out pit bull
"spanky" to the vet and we're headed out soon for shopping. I hope to pick up something suitable to wear for the race tomorrow.
I'll be back with personals

ShellyC

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 PERSONALS:7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Christine- I'm sure all the cheetahs would be doing a collective happy dance for you if they could!!!! yeah for you on your benign results!!!!! :7 :7 :7 You must be feeling good to be tackling the Gauntlet today! I'll try to take some pics of the race and post them. I'm sure I'll look like a fool so they should be amusing!

Jess- So next Tuesday is the big day for you..... I'll be crossing my fingers that all goes well. You sure are playing it smart in your rehab! Baking a gingerbread house? What fun!!! Your daughters sure are lucky to have you for a mom!

Wendy- Great job on the GS BSB today! What size DBs are you looking for? My marathon is next Jan. 14th. So far I am on track with my training (fingers are definitely crossed!!!!)

Cathy- Wow.... a run in 67 degree weather??? Are you sure you live in NJ??? Enjoy it while you can! Hope you can pump some iron after work! LOL about your hair!!!!!

SunnyD- If you want a good full body workout that doesn't take too much time try the LIC premix. It is less than 50 minutes but very effective. Have a great one whatever!

Judy- speaking of the LIC premix.... how did you do?

Carole- Hope you had a nice but cold 5 miler today! Your Toyota looks like a Rav4....way cool! I bet you miss it!

Laura- Wow you teach the BC class 3 times/wk! No wonder you're
having a hard time fitting in p90x! I'm glad your son is feeling better.... take care!

Time to get moving again! Hi to all who follow and anyone I missed

ShellyC

I am so sorry I never have time for personals. I just have to check in and run so to speak.:)

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in 15 degrees with a wind. But I did it! I thought of all you California Cheetahs the whole time.

I did see a beautiful Bald Eagle flying over the lake. The sun was out and the water sparkled and over the running path, silently gliding over the edge of the water is this beautiful bird. This is in the City!

Off to do B&G. Drill Max just about killed me the day before. I get to the squat jump/over the step drill and have to stop and get my heart rate down.

I'll be lurking and thinking of you all.

Colleen

Hey Shelly! No, I didn't *bake* the gingerbread house, we just decorated it!! My cousin always gives one to use at T'giving, it's one of those pre-baked sets so it's a LOT easier. Although we do make homemade gingerbread men at Christmas time to decorate! (and eat of course!!) The girls had a blast. My dh was in charge of setting up the house & piping on the icing & then the girls & I decorated. It turned out very cute!! Greg took the girls (and Mikey, our dog, joined them) outside for a bit now to *sled* down our little front hill & I'm power cleaning while they're gone (oops, took a break!}( ). I still haven't done BSB yet, hope to fit it in soon! We've been having too much fun. ;-)

Hope you're all having a great day!!

Hey All –

I ended up doing BM2 Scrambled Eggs. Wow! What a workout! I burned MEGA calories and feel wonderful! Hopefully it was enough to undo lunch (vegetable curry – Thai – took the guy who trained me out to lunch as a thank you – the food was fabulous!) and the dinner tonight at the company party (whatever I can manage to scrounge that’s vegetarian). But, I’m definitely doing that one again. It was FUN! Okay, tough, but in a fun way.

Jeez Wendy – I thought you were ignoring me! :+ Nah, I understand, and I missed your post as well – so we’re even! Have fun shopping – great job on the workouts! I like company Christmas parties – they can be a pain, but it’s nice to see everyone you normally see in jeans, dressed to the nines.

Jess – you surviving the storm? You never realize how COLD it is outside until your power goes out for a while! Glad it came back on before you were all hunkered down together! Have fun in the snow! I love the first big storm of winter. I do miss that living here in California.

Carole – {{{HUGS}}} Love the happy dancers! They must have all had showers at my house today! DH used the shower for the first time and he was thrilled too. I think it was 2001 when the jet stream went south and we had an extremely wet winter while Seattle was really dry. I was supposed to be in Seattle the day of the quake to visit a customer but it got postponed at the last minute. I was very happy about that! Love your little Rav 4. It’s cute and very you.

Laura – glad your son is feeling better. Good idea to keep him home – don’t want him getting sick again.

Shelly – I did that too today! Although I was so convinced that I hit post that I was flummoxed when the post was not there! 15 miles on the treadmill? Well, you had Russell Crowe to help alleviate the boredom! He can run on my treadmill any day… *winks* GREAT news from the doctor!! I am so stoked for you! *More happy dancing* I AM feeling good, even though I opted for BM2 scrambled eggs instead – what a workout! Can’t wait to see the photos – isn’t the idea of the race to look a little goofy and have a good time?

Colleen – sounds like a beautiful run, but COLD!!!

Well, I’m now extremely bloated. I don’t know what it is about Indian and Thai spices, but they mean autobloat with me. The nice thing is that I stepped on the scale this morning (in mid-bloat from the curried chick peas DH cooked last night) and was still back down to my low weight. I love eating vegetarian – I just feel full so much of the time! I guess I should get back to work… Enjoy ladies! TGIF!!!

Hello again! A late posting for me.... I probably won't be able to tomorrow. After the race DH and I are headed to Phoenix and will spend the night. In a little bit I'm taking off to go to a presentation of "It's a Wonderful Life" at my parents church. They usually put on a good show.

Jess- You are making me positively nostalgic!!! Not to mention hungry for gingerbread now!!!:p

Christine- Great job with the BG Scrambled Eggs!!! You are so right that the idea of the race is to have a good time!!!! This is why I'm so looking forward to it. I will indeed look goofy....oh well!

Happy Holidays to all the wonderful Cheetahs!!!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.