::: CHEETAHS ::: Fri,. 11/3

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs! :)

Today is a rest day for me, and I will have no problems taking it as I've STILL got some DOMS in the legs. Yowzas!

Enjoy your workouts or rest days today, ladies, and have a great Friday!

Cathy :)

ETA: PS...my DVDs should be delivered today! Yippeeee!! I'ma put a hurtin' on myself this weekend, for sure!

Hi Cheetahs,
I missed a lot of posts and excitement yesterday. Congrats to everyone doing such good workouts. It’s very inspiring to read how all the Cheetahs are either pushing themselves to do more or for the injured Cheetahs,working around injuries in a smart way, but keeping up fitness levels.

Cathy--enjoy your rest day. Great run yesterday. Today I have to transport 60 muffins to a kid activity. I am trying to figure out whether to use a suitcase or a box. Enjoy your new DVDs.:)

Jess—glad you saw a doc and are feeling reassured. I hope PT helps.:)

Laurie—great pic of your daughter yesterday. I enjoyed seeing it!:)

Christine—I read a few of your posts over at Ask Cathe. It was great of you to try to calm things down. It’s upsetting that posts can get so heated. I might have missed this, but did you get your DVDs yet? I'm excited to hear what you think.:)

Wendy –Are you alive today after the workout yesterday? WTG girl!!:)

Sunny—how’s the visit with MIL? :)

Shelly—you’re not too insane to be a hero. You are terrific! Are you doing corework today? Which tape?:)

Carole – how did you like BM2? Definitely get a new DVD player for Xmas. Sounds fun. I got my Garmin to work after a lot of tinkering and trying different areas. I like it! :)

Elaine—hi Elaine!! Great elliptical workout.:)

Jennifer-check in when you can. Glad your run went well yesterday.

LD -- Hi!

Hi to everyone else checking in today!

Ok—gotta’ run. Yesterday I had a nice 5 mile tempo run – I used a new iTread program and tried to push it. Felt good! Today it’s an easy short run for me and some UB work. I might pull out a S&H tape….TBA..

Have a great Friday!

-Barb

:) :)

Hey Ladies.

Well, I don't have any noticable DOMS from y'day amazingly enough! My calves are sore but that's old news! LOL

Cathy: I'll be resting with you today. Well deserved, indeed!:)

Barb: Which ITrain will you be doing today?? I'm always looking for something new to buy!}( :+

I am resting today! GOOD THING!!!! I started feeling like I was coming down with something last night and still feel that way a bit this morning so I guess a rest day is a REALLY good thing. Hopefully whatever it is will evacuate the are quickly w/o getting worse!:p

My mom is coming down by me today for a visit. I'm not sure what we'll do but we'll have a nice time I'm sure. :)

ETA: Someone y'day asked me how long the race is on Black Friday that I'm running- It's a 5 mile road race. I wanted to do a 10k but could only find one-it was a trail race and it sounded TOUGH so I opted out.

Good morning cheetahs,

Cathy...Enjoy your rest day and have fun with your videos this weekend :)

Barb...Have a good short run, I love short runs!

Wendy...Have a good rest day and have fun with your Mom:).

I was up early today to do LIC and it was a lot of fun. I had to restart a few of the combos because I didn't preview the entire video first but it wasn't too bad. I started off with two risers for the first two combos and decided to add the other two for combo 3. It's a great low intensity workout.

To all who follow, enjoy your workout and have a great Friday:).

Katrina

G'morning Cheetahs!! Up early for me to do IMAX 2- I love that one! I woke up with the *worst* pain in my neck, I couldn't hardly move my head!! I must have slept weird or something, it's feeling a bit better now.

I ended up doing a L & G premix last night (ankle weight segment). I just bought ankle weights at Wal*mart y'day, I didn't have any. Feel the burn baby! And I did the abs from KPC. Then I stretched for a good hour while watching Survivor. I used the foam roller, did some yoga poses, and some pilates.

OK, gotta go work out so I have time to get done before waking the girls up for school! I'll be back later!

Katrina: I have LIC on tap for tomorrow. I'm very excited to try it! Thanks for your input on it!:)

Jess: You are sooo good about stretching! I barely have the patience to do it at all, let alone for an HOUR!!!!x( Have fun with IMAX 2!}( :+

Good morning all! Finishing up work here.... a little more activity tonight to keep me stimulated at least:) After I leave here I'll detour by my favorite lakeside trail for a 5-6 mile run:7 I think I'll tackle one of the drillmax cardio premixes later today}(
These workouts offer such a fantastic array of premixes!!

Cathy--- Well, I SORTA rested yesterday.....does that count?:p I just did the abs from B&G,BM2 and LIC. Hope you have a restful day yourself but that's unlikely with your job!

Barb- Hey there....you're posting early today! Great run yesterday for you :) now go work those pecs!

Wendy--- Fantastic job yesterday...I knew you were up to the task!
You make me proud to be a cheetah! And now ANOTHER 5 mile race! A much better way to spend black friday then shopping IMO!

Katrina- You're posting unusually early also! Dont you just LOVE LIC.However, I wouldn't classify it at all as low intensity (and I'm a pretty hard core intensity gal!) Low IMPACT, yes----but I always modify it to make it high anyway ;-)

Carole---BodyMaxII day....woooohooooo....can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Elaine- Did you really do 2 HOURS on the elliptical!!!! Holy Moly
girl....you rock!

Runnergirl- I like your post yesterday about how this cheetah thread group is motivating. It is quite true that it's very hard to talk myself out of a run or workout when I TOLD the cheetahs that's what I'd be doing! :)

Okay...duty calls. Hi to all who follow

ShellyC

A quick note to Jess-
I'm glad you got to see your cute doc and are scheduled for some PT sessions:) IMAX 2 is alot of fun! Dont you just love those ENDLESS inner thigh lifts with the ankle weights in L&G!

Have a good one!!!

ShellyC

Shelly—have a fun trail run. Let us know which drillmax cardio you do and what you think. How’s the injury feeling after all of your workouts this week? Sounds like you’re doing great

Wendy—not sure yet which iTrain I’m doing today for my run. But yesterday I used iTreadoutdoor 10 for my tempo run and really liked it. I had used iTread outdoors 6 before, but like 10 better. I like iClimb 8&9, too! Ok tell me which JL tapes to buy???

Katrina—thanks for the review of LIC. I hope to try it next week.

Barb
:) :)

Good morning cheetahs...

awwwww, no work today. i was scheduled to go away this weekend but due to unforseen issues that will not be happening. however i decided to keep my days off...lol. today's workout i believe will be LIC...haha, i can't wait to try one of the new workouts.

katrina- glad you enjoyed LIC. i can't wait to try it!

shelly- i am jealous of your lakeside trail.

jess- imax2 is a definite fave workout.

cathy- enjoy your rest day. yippee on your workouts coming in today. i got mine last night.

barb- MIL is on her way as i am writing this:) enjoy your workout today. you have to get jari's RTTC and slim and lean, both highly recommended by our beloved wendy! they are great workouts.

wendy- enjoy your rest day and time with your mom. i am glad you are able to race on black friday. only 2 more weeks for me!!!! it really is a shame we didn't meet while i lived in nj (we were right around the corner from each other) we would have had so much fun. i will not be able to make the trip to nj this weekend:( however when i do go back i will definitely let you know.

i am giving the ol' credit card a workout today, i just bought barry's bootcamps and after i finish posting i am going to buy amy bento's new kickboxing workout. i am also pondering the new jari's...:eek: :p :D }(

have a great day to all the cheetahs!!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...YES, you were the only one that caught my typo!!! I even missed it...I had to go back and read my post....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/giggle2.gif[/img]..Enjoy a well deserved rest day!

Barb...good job on the tempo run. I am so glad you got the Garmin working right! Have you checked out the Motion Based site?

Wendy...killer workout yesterday!!! Go for BM2..it is one great workout! Enjoy your rest day too and have fun with your Mom today..:)

Katrina...glad to hear you liked LIC. I am doing it on Monday.

Shelly..I agree, these workouts have the best premixes. BM2 was a great workout.

Sunny...have fun with LIC and tell us what you think.

Christine...I loved BM2!!! I'm modifying Cathe's 5 week rotation and doing my runs on the off days, and squeezing them in so I get in 4 days, some weeks might be 3 days. I thought you did great on the thread you mentioned. But that particular person seems to have had some irritating posts since the new DVD's were mailed. I would hope Cathe might lock that thread...

Runnergirl...good job with Imax extreme! Let us know how the Doctor appt goes.

Laurie...you are welcome..:)...BM2 was great fun, I'll write more below. Good workout yesterday.

Susan...I feel, there is nothing wrong with a long term approach to chiro. There could be more things out of alignment than just your sciatic pain, and it does take time to get things straightened out. I am laughing when I read crack! As they do NOT use that word in my chiro office!! I think you will enjoy the massage...most insurance covers some of the treatments.

Jess...I'm glad you went to the Doctor. Physical Therapy will help your IT band alot. Have fun with Imax2.

Elaine...I do agree with you about a dose of real problems for those whiners would put things in perspective. I know after all the things with my nephew, I have felt alot different when I complain! Good job on your long Elliptical session. I still have not gone over 60 min. I think BM2 is faster paced than BM1...but I liked the upper body work on the stability ball as a nice change!

So, I did BM2 yesterday and used a 6 inch step. They use 8 in the workout. There are 3 step routines and the choreography is fairly easy, and I had fun. The circuits are good and go very fast and I can hardly wait for A-Jocks mish moshes with these new workouts!! The upper body work is done with 5 lbs and 15 lb weights using the stability ball. The 15's killed me on the last set of overhead presses so I switched to 12.5 lb for the rest of upper body. The abwork is good as there are some of my fav moves there. Overall great workout and I think you cheetahs will love it!!

Today is a 5 mile interval run and maybe some yoga.

have a great day...:)

Thanks, Shelly!! Yes, it was worth it to see my Dr. McDreamy! ;-) IMAX 2 was good, I think I've gotten all of the steps down & I did it on the 8" step. Hannah (my 7yo) cracked me up this morning. She came downstairs just as I was starting Interval 9. I was doing the plie jacks & then the hops & she told me I looked like a frog!!!! LOL Allison (my 3yo) has been using the bathroom stool as her *step* to work out with me- I love it!! She knows all of the *crew* now, but she told me that she likes Cathe the best. ;o)

And yes, those inner thigh lifts felt like they were going on FOREVER! I really could feel the difference w/ the ankle weights, in a good way!

Now I'm off to help out in Kiersten's class this morning while Allison is at preschool. It's cold out there- in the 20's today! BRRRR!

I'll be back later to post some more! I swear I get 5 minutes to sit down lately & that's IT!

Oh, believe me, I have to make myself do it!!! BUT, I've found the stretching is soooo important in keeping injuries away!! (although not the darn IT band!) I have to do it while I'm watching tv or something, I can't just do it or I'd only last about 5 min!! (short attention span!) IMAX 2 was fun as always! I think it was my 3rd time doing it now? And I did it on the 8" step, I actually like doing it better on the 8" than the 6" (but I'm almost 5'7").

Enjoy your rest day & have fun w/ your new workouts!!!!

Good morning ladies!
It is rainy and icky here today. I always eat more when it is icky out and dark. I am getting rid of the rest of the Halloween candy today, I swear;)

Am I the only Cheetah with food obsession? I seem to be obsessed with everything I do. Oh well, my new obsession is going to be the new workouts. I can't wait to do bodymax today.

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and it felt great and then I did PUB and ab and lower back work.

Cathy, Enjoy your rest day! I am so excited about trying all of my workouts over the weekend.

Barb, enjoy your run and the dreaded Slow and Heavy. Did you order the new dvd's?

Wendy, that is great you are doing a race on black friday. You are a machine. I can't wait to start running again.

Katrina, I am really excited about trying LIC. Glad you enjoyed it:)

Shelly, how is your groin injury? I wish I had time to do two workouts a day. I used to before I had kids and I loved it. Have a great weekend!

Jess, great job on Imax 2. I have never bought the ankle weights for legs and glutes. I never needed them. So when are you going to cave and buy all the new dvd's?

Sunnydelite, That is too bad about not being able to go away. But, you can do all of your new dvd's this weekend. Let us know how you liked LIC. Have a great day!

Carole, you are right. I need to be patient and it probably will take some time to get the ole back back in alignment. Aren't you just loving the new workout!

I am doing BM2 today and some ab work. Have a great day ladies.

Cheers!

Susan

Hi Susan--
The weather is icky where I live, too -- no fun!

I did get the new DVDs and have only done B&G and loved it.

Hey, did you ever get the PM I sent you awhile back?
-Barb

hi again ladies,

finished LIC. loved, loved, loved it. i was smiling thru the whole workout. great music.

ok, i am off now for a visit to the dentist:-( and then off to the new fleet feet that just opened up here for my foot analysis and to purchase some new running shoes, wooohooo!!

carole- thanks for the post re: BM2 i can't wait to try it also.

susan- enjoy your new workouts!!

Good Morning Ladies! Happy Friday and all that!

Today was an upper body fest. I did PUB including the abs (and the ENDLESS pikes), followed by the KickMax Blasts (for cardio) and the CK Drills. I forgot how great a workout PUB is! WOW! My biceps are fried! But I feel good. Funny thing, though – the KM Blasts did not seem tough. My HR, even with the power lunges (the one I dread the most) never got above 135. When I run it’s at 150-160. I think running is really changing me.

Cathy – enjoy your rest day!!

Barb – I simply gave up. People are out of control! Oh well, nothing I can do except stay out of it and not incite further response. I will be getting my DVD’s on Tuesday, so expect reports start Wednesday morning!! I’m excited! Sounds like you had a great workout today!

Wendy – wow! You survived and are feeling fine today? That’s great! Enjoy your rest day!! I asked the distance of your race – thanks! You’ll get a 10k yet. Plenty of time for that before your half. :p Enjoy your time with your mom.

Katrina – Sounds great – I never thought I’d like LIC, but I’m looking forward to it.

Shelly – Glad to hear you were busier! Enjoy your run and let me know how the premix is! I’m so excited to get these workout!

Jess – those inner thigh lifts in L&G get to me. I have to breath through them! I love that workout though! Glad your neck is feeling better! I hate when that happens!!

Sunny – Oh I love days off where I don’t HAVE to do anything! I so rarely get those when I’m working that they’re like precious jewels! Enjoy LIC!

Carole – I’m staying out now. It’s just too much and I think I was adding fuel, no matter what my intentions. I’m planning on keeping the theme of the Jan ’06 rotation – 90 minutes a day of cardio/ weights – focusing on circuits, but I’m going to add more running (I have been so lame with that!). Shoulders I’ve found I have to go lighter – for two reasons – I bulk up there very easily and if I go too heavy I end up stressing my neck – so I just go lighter and it works! So, thanks for the heads up on the overhead presses – I think I’ll stick to 12! Thanks for the BM2 review!

Susan – I know – the rain is SOOO depressing, isn’t it? And you are NOT the only Cheetah with a food obsession. I was doing the KM blasts this morning and found out where all that candy is going – right to my stomach – it continued to bounce after I stopped – never a good sign!! :+

Jennifer – good to hear from you last night! Glad you enjoyed your run! So, when are we going to run together?!

Christine,
Great workout. I love your little mish moshes. Well, I am glad I am not the only obsessive cheetah! I still have not thrown the candy out:( Maybe tomorrow}(

Sunnydelite, I am going to do LIC tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

Susan

I've been thinking of my Cheetah friends these past few weeks. My show opens tonight and a lot of the time pressure will be gone and I can get back to the usual dull roar of life.

I've only been able to run 3miles twice a week for the past 3 weeks. I've filled in with SS, KPC, L&G, & BC; then for the past week I've used my WHFN's from Anna Benson as non stress total body short workouts.

I've been fighting a cold and I felt this was the way to go.
I've told myself not to worry about my running,I'll be able to get back to it next week along with being able to open my NEW CATHE's!

They seem like they are long ones? 70 min? I haven't had time to do the math.

The show just runs for 3 weeks and then life gets back to normal. My poor family. Mom's hobby is a bit much but they are wonderfully loving and supportive.

Next Monday I can go back and read the posts and catch up.
Grrr....Colleen;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.