::: CHEETAHS ::: Fri., 11/10

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs~
I never made it back to the boards yesterday as our Rehoboth trip turned out to be more than the adventure we’d planned (we got lost on the way down—DOH!). Anywho, I didn’t get home until 9 pm, and by that point, all I wanted to do was grab some shut-eye. SO, as soon as it gets a bit lighter out there, I will hit the road and follow it up with GS BSB.

LD :: I know what you mean…these warm temps are pretty wild for Nov.! Glad the night splint is helping you out.

Carole :: how’d BM2 go with the weight adjustments?

Barb :: That’s true about the calves missing on B&G. I know its focus is on the butt (and I love this workout, don’t get me wrong!), but calves would’ve been nice on there. Glad I’m not alone on the giggling outbursts. Good workout yesterday! I’ve never done a mish-mosh…I don’t think I’m patient enough to set all that up. :)

Judy :: interesting…I never thought of doing a workout twice. LOL about your hubby wanting you to just run around the block.

Elaine :: I have never done a massage on the same day as a race, either…I always used to think it might be a GOOD idea, but after listening to you and Carole, I can see why a day or two in between would make more sense. I carry pepper spray, too. It does give me some peace of mind.

Susan :: no DOMS from B&G??? Wow!!

Christine :: I tried to check out the pic, but an error message popped up for me. Did it work for anyone else? Hope you enjoyed your rest day and the aches are gone. I’m glad DH has seen the light!

Mattea :: I cracked up about your post-B&G comments…I feel your pain! I was moaning for two days after I did that one.

Jess :: I love getting my hair cut and that feeling of being a few lbs. lighter…I know just what you mean. I am thinking of having my hair chemically straightened as blowing it out is so time-consuming. I had it done once before when I had short hair, so I know it’ll be even more pricey, but it just may be worth it. Hope you had fun hostessing the girls’ sleepover.

Wendy :: I have been in an off mood, too – for several days now! And the root of my trouble? A man! What else? Grrr….so I appreciated your comments about how they just don’t THINK. lol Have fun w/ LIC if that’s what you go for today.

Hi to everyone else...have a great Friday & strong workouts!
cathy :)

Goodmorning Cheetahs
I am on early today!
The run was nice y'day and I also did bonus abs from B&G. Today is DM and I can't wait. I have been wanting to try it but am following the nov rotation. It's going to be another nice day here. DH is off work today so I think we may hit Toys R Us today while my DS is in school. I am trying really hard to get my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving! Ok, I have to take DS to the bus stop. I try to get back later for personals. Have a Great Day all.
LD

TGIF Cheetahs! I'm here late because of DD17's last football game as a Viking Cheerleader (sad, sadder that we lost by 3 points because on of the boys dropped the ball in the end zone - poor guy!). We ended up getting home at 11PM! I was surprised that there was only two posts! Everyone else must be sleeping in. I so dearly wanted to, but as I did yesterday, and I've been eating so poorly lately, Drill Max is on my agenda today. I'll see if I survive! I'm really looking forward to it!

Cathy - sounds like quite the adventure yesterday! I'll have to see about the photo. I was surprised it didn't pop into the post box. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

LD -Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving? Wow... I'm impressed. I'm lucky to get it done before Christmas! :) I've always wanted to be organized like you! Have fun shopping!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...BM2 went quite smoothly yesterday with my weight adjustments. Have fun run and enjoy your GS workout..

Runnergirl...have fun with DM..That is great you get your X-mas shopping done so early...I am just trying not to think about it!!

Christine...that link you posted yesterday wouldn't come up for me...it said server not found. I was thinking of upping the weights in BM2 from 5 to 6 but I am not sure I'd survive with going to 8 right away...ohhhh, the burn!!! So glad your home situation turned around...sometimes DH's just need to be knocked upside thier heads by their friends!! Have fun with DM!!

Wendy...sorry about your run...good job on the B&G marathon ab workout!

Barb...BM2 was fun yesterday..and I think I got the weights right! I guess calfs are not on B&G because it is all about your glutes!!! Good mish mosh..

Judy...great job with BM2 upper body twice!!

Elaine...hope you get that Elliptical squeak fixed...I have a friend that is a massage therapist and once after a marathon she wanted to give my legs a massage...OMG..I about screamed when she touched my toes...but honestly that time it did take some kinks out. I do think my current massage therapist is alot stronger so I won't schedule the day after after a long hard run...:)

Susan..good job with B&G...

Mattea...enjoy the weekend with your DH...

Sunny...you really are having fun with the BC workouts!!

Today I am doing the punching & kicking drills from KM and a 4-5 mile interval run....at least if this coffee kicks in soon...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! Well, I tried out my first new Cathe!! I decided to start w/ Drill Max- LOVED it!! It was fun & I love how she used the ball & band for different exercises. Love those firewalkers!! Of course, maybe not the best idea after KPC & GS BSB y'day but I'll be feeling it tomorrow!! ;-)

I got up to get my workout in & the girls were just waking up while I was finishing Drill #6. Worked out perfect!! The sleepover was a blast, I think the older 2 girls were up til after 11 but they were just giggling & having fun chatting. Kiersten crashed on the couch around 10:15 watching Cars, she's usually not up much past 9 so it was a late night for her!! I made muffins & fruit for breakfast so the girls were all happy. It's actually been nice that they've all had someone to play with.

Well, just wanted to post real quick that I did Drill Max. The girls are out of school for teacher conf. today. OH yeah, had the conf. last night & the girls are doing excellent!! Hannah's teacher (2nd grade) said that she's reading way above 2nd grade level & she scored very high on their achievement tests. (proud momma!) Kiersten's doing well in Kindie also so good reports!

Greg is home early & we are tackling the garage! It is a disaster from the remodeling project- I'm scared to go in there!!! And I've got some sorting/ reorganizing to do around here too. I'd like to get started painting Hannah's room, but that will just make a bigger mess so I must get some other stuff done first!

Ok, enough chatter from me. It sounds awfully quiet upstairs so I'd better go see what they're up to! :p

Hello Ladies,

quick check in for now and we bbl for personals.

this morning was a struggle to get up early. fridays always are for some reason...anyway, i went to the gym for a spin class. my body is finally DOM free today}(

i hope everyone is enjoying there friday...:)

ttyl..

Hi girls!

Very quick popping in and out for me but I just wanted to share that yesterday's buddy run was the first run I'd had since the TnT season started way back in June that I ran all the way through!! :) No walking! I'd done run/walk throughout the entire season, and I was afraid it would take forever and a day to work up the stamina again to run without walking... Well I did it for 4 miles yesterday :). Ok, I did stop once--at the turnaround point I stopped to stretch--but other than that, I ran the whole way (mostly because someone was running with me and we were talking and I was so into the conversation that I didn't want to take my walking break!).

Yay for small victories!

Jennifer

Hey!

I posted early this morning before my run and it didn't show up.

Any hoot I have done a 7.2 or so mile run with my friends (finally) and it felt good. Running at about 42 degrees wtihout wind is fine, although it took about 3 miles to feel "good"

Hi to all Cheetahs.

Jes- I'm glad you thought DM was a keeper. i think so too! And will do it tomorrow to complete my week!

Christine- I see you have it on schedule too. Oh, and TG about DH and you!

Carole- I can't see my see my self going up on wieghts in BM2 at this time except back. But those push ups exhaust me!

Runner Girl- I usually get my X-mas shopping done before Thanksgiving too, but this year I am just not into it for some reason! I did my list which is my task for the week of halloween. But the first two weeks of Nov. are when I am supposed to get the majority of gifts bought and wrapped. I haven't even set up a designated wraping place yet in our new home. yikes!

Cathy- Enjoy you day off and workout !

Hi Barb and Wendy and Mattea and Shelly :) :) :)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning Cheetahs.

Kids are home from school today so I won't make it outside for a run. That means I will either use my elliptical or try a new Cathe. I'm leaning toward the elliptical since I want to avoid DOMS though!

Cathy, So, did you buy any cool stuff yesterday? Don't know how warm it is over in your neck of the woods but we had a few 95 degree days this week! I don't like it that hot unless I'm on vacation with nothing to do but sit by the pool. It's back to normal now, hanging out in the low to mid 70s. Much better!:)

Christine, I was able to see your sari picture yesterday. You look beautiful of course. It also crossed my mind that saris look like very comfortable clothing! Have fun with DM.

LD, I start Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving but most years I am finishing up on Christmas Eve! Hat's off to you for getting it done early!

Carole, Got the elliptical squeak fixed! One good thing about getting a Precor is that the dealer is in my town and the warranty is lifetime on the welds, 10 years on all the other stuff and 1 year labor. So I called to complain on Wednesday afternoon and they came to fix it the next morning. The post marathon massage might have done me some good. I don't know because I think driving home for 9 hours the day after sort of caused me to stiffen up a lot more than I would have otherwise. It was not the most pleasant massage I have had though!!

Jess, If I had the chance to repeat my childhood I think I'd want you for a mom!! Sounds like you are as busy as usual. I wish like anything that I had your ability to get and keep things organized. The will is there but I just get so overwhelmed with it all. Maybe if I could bring myself to get rid of stuff that would help! LOL! I know my DH would love it since he's a bare bones kind of guy!

Sunny, Congrats on getting yourself out of bed and working out! It's days like that when I feel extra good from a workout. I live in CA on the coast. That's why we don't have weather extremes here. It does tend to get boring though and everything is backasswards. In the winter we get some rain and everything is green and fresh! In the summer through the fall it's brown and dry and that's when the terrible wild fires happen.

Judy, I've had it happen when my posts seem to disappear. I normally give up though, especially if it was a long one. Sounds like you are another organized cheetah! A designated wrapping place???? LOL!!! Really LOL!!!

Jennifer, Way to go on your sustained running!

Talk to you all later!

Judy—Good job on your run. I know what you mean about not feeling good until mile 3. It takes me a good long while to feel officially warmed up.

Jess—great you enjoyed DM and what a fun night for your girls!

Jennifer—WTG on your buddy run yesterday. It’s great to feel good like that before, during and after a run!

Sunny – For me, it’s Wednesdays that are the struggle-to-get-up days. Glad you are DOMS free today.

Carole—have fun on your run and the KM drills. I am thinking about doing KPC drills tomorrow. I loaned my KM to a friend who needed to bring back punching at a target into her life!!

Christine—great news that DH had a male-enforced attitude adjustment. Too bad about your DD’s game but what a nice accomplishment for her to have been a Cheerleader. I can't see the SARI picture but will try on another computer. I'm sure you look beautiful!

LD_ enjoy the day off with DH. It’s a nice feeling to get shopping done early. That won’t be happening for me this year! I’m in day-to-day mode more than I want to be.

Cathy—Your trip was quite the adventure. I hope you had a good run and UB workout. I hope to get at least one UB muscle group in before my kids get home from school today.

Elaine—Have a great elliptical or Cathe workout, which ever you choose. Enjoy the kids today! Did you say the thing about Zebras and Horses? I told that to a good friend of mine today whose daughter had a brain tumor 2 years ago on TG. (Her DD is ok now, but the worry is always there that it will come back.) It’s so true when have suffered a trauma that you just can’t feel quite the same. Her DD really feels the Zebra feeling at school among friends.

Mattea- have a fun trip away! Good point that calves are like a road-trip away from B&G so that’s why they are not on the tape.

I went on a short run early a.m. today – 3 miles outside. Cold outside, but not horrible. It was fine and I feel accomplished that I got it in. I did a 5” on the slide board afterwards and hope to squeeze in one UB group later today and abs if I can. We’ll see if that can happen. A busy weekend ahead with kids.

Have a great Friday, Cheetahs.
Hi to everyone checking in later today!

-Barb

:) :) :)

Hi there - quickly popping in to say that I LOVE Drill Max. I love the last drill especially - thought I would HATE the terminator/hop over the step, but it was fun! It was not as hard as I had hoped, but it was just what the doctor ordered (jk) this morning. And I think if I get the drills down, I can go harder on them. May sub a med ball for the stab ball for somethings for example.

Thanks for all of your support! I really do appreciate it. You Cheetahs are the absolute best!!

Good Afternoon Lovelies!

I woke up later than usual so I never got the chance to post here this morning before leaving for work!

I just finished LIC. What an AMAZING work out! Now I see why it's everyone's fave! I skipped the abs after y'day's ab burner but I did the rest as produced. TOUGH but fun and effective! WOOH!}(

I need to make myself a cup of coffee...surprised? NOT!:7 :p I will be back for personals w/mug in hand!:)

Wendy--tell what you liked about LIC. I haven't done it yet. It looks fun from previewing it!
My butt is still burning from B&G...on Wednesday.

Keep drinking that coffee. I'm going to get some for myself, too. I have a long night ahead with kids activities. I'm dragging....

Barb
:) :) :)

Ok, I'm happy now. I have my java! Aaaaaaaah! :9 :+

Cathy: Sorry about your man troubles and your work out going caput. How did your run go this morning? Enjoying your time off?

LD: So how did you like DrillMax? I have it on tap for Tuesday! I've done 2 premixes so far but this will be my first shot as produced. I'd be lying if I said I weren't atleast a little hesitant!:eek:

Christine: Drill Max for you too! Jeesh! Kali from the Violets check in did it today as well! I should have changed my schedule around so I could suffer with everyone else! LOL }( Hey, I missed the pic of you in a sari...would it be too much trouble to repost it for me? I have a friend from Pakistan so I see her and her family dressed in saris often for parties. They are beautiful! She wants to dress me up in one some day too. :)

Carole: Hope that coffee kicked in in time for a good work out for you this morning! I can't do ANYTHING before coffee. I am a freaking ZOMBIE! LOL Glad BM2 went smoother now that you have the weight amounts figured out better. That always helps. I know I over did it on a few exercises in LIC today!:eek:

Jess: Glad your girls had so much fun last night! Good job on DM! It's the popular work out today!!! LOL So how is your knee? Any idea when you can really begin running again?

Sunny: Spin...that's a nice change. Hope you enjoyed it! Enjoy your DOMS free day as I don't suspect you will STAY that way! ;) }( So any news on a job teaching Turbo Kick or do you have to wait for the cert to come before you can even start looking?

Judy: My gosh! You are sooo organized! I couldn't even compete w/UNORGANIZED Judy! LOL I envy you! You got it going on! ^fives! Nice run too!

Jennifer: Good job on the 4 miles!:)

Elaine: So did you opt for the elliptical today?

Barb: So what's going on with the kids this w/e? Anything fun?

Edited to Add:

Barb! I just saw your post! I loved LIC's step combos. They were fun. I did them on the 8" step like Cathe and Crew and they were very doable. I normally use 6". The weight work was alot of different moves. Tough but doable. It was just an all around great work out! It was fun and effective. No dread factor!!!:+

I'm startin' to get a bit tired now so I don't know if I'll really do it or not but...I was seriously considering doing Butts and Guts tonight after DH leaves for bowling! :eek: Or atleast doing the floorwork cause I have not tried that yet!

So am I nuts!? Keep in mind that I already did LIC this morning but I didn't find it to be heavy on L/B at all which why I am considering this!}(

*Applaudes Wendy's endless energy!*

I'm beat! We were supposed to go out for dinner tonight with DH's boss, but post poned it until tomorrow. Good thing, don't think I would do much to advance his career if I feel asleep on his boss! I've been looking for a pair of Uggs forever. Never found a pair that I thought spending that kind of money on was worth it, even though DD17 has 2 pair (one her bf bought her). Ended up going to DSW - love them - and getting these:

http://www.uggaustralia.com/images/products/AllColorCombos/5325-SAN-PROD.jpg

They are very white, now I'm wondering if I made a mistake (even though they are adorable!!) - anyone know of any good suede care products that would help an eternal klutz like me keep white boots white? I can see me wearing them once and ruining them. Ouch - that's a lot of money for a pair of shoes!

*Yawns hugely and is ready to crawl into bed* Maybe I should head on up to bed. I'm exhausted... Enjoy your night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.