::: CHEETAHS ::: finally Saturday!

Good Morning!:)

Im just waiting to go home and I have a funny feeling my releif might come in early...lets hope so!:)
Im feeling alot better today. Very strange! I have a feeling the cold is not quit over yet though. The sore troat is gone away but I think my nose will probably soon start getting stuffed up. I have been taking Advil Cold and Sinus though so Im sure thats helping.

Todays workout will be a circuit workout, I think. A dvd mixed in with a run. Hoping for a long one!But an hour will be fine to:)

Cathy** I have had Wii DOMS as well, and I know what you are talking about! It does exsist!lol When my sister and husband were home they brought their Wii with them and we played boxing...boy was I ever sore the next day!

Wendi** No wonder I snuck in on you last night,look how long your post was:eek: :) I to hate putting away laundry. I don't mind doing it or folding it but I hate putting it away!

That catches me up with personnals!! BBL

Lori:)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- have fun breaking in the skis. now i really want a wii. i have heard how truly addicting they can be. sorry the filming didn't work out. i know it will.

lori- i hope your cold goes away quickly. enjoy your long workout today! i hate doing laundry also.

wendi- i did manage to get in ripped 1000. i really like that workout. it could be better (harder) if she didn't give so many stretching breaks. i just continue to do the cardio portion while she is talking.

kristi- thanks. he seemed a little better towards the evening. we'll see how he is feeling today when he wakes up. of course he slept with us all night.

christine- i am really sad we won't get a chance to meet today. if you get a chance give me a call. if i don't get a chance to speak to you before you leave have a safe trip back home. hopefully you can come back sometime and we can get together.

wendy- i love CF!! luckily for me the closest one to me is about a hr and half away or else i would be there every weekend, lol.

today i am going to do the EXT for 45 mins to music!

Good Morning All!

I was up way too late last night so I'm tired today, but that's okay. I'm fine to drive (I'll just load up on the caffeine), though, so all is well. Dad is up so I don't want to spend too much time here. I just wanted to swing by and say HEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!! to all of you! I'll be grabbing a quick shower and then finish my packing and head out. My legs are SOOOO sore. I think it's a combo of my workouts, especially Core Syn, and the stairs here - I was up and down the three flights all day yesterday. I guess it's good that I planned a day off for today. :p I'm going to miss my dad and sister (yes even her - my DH pointed out that one of the reasons she gets on my nerves is that we can be very similar - we're each convinced we're right and won't budge an inch with each other - but as I AM right it's very irritating :+), but I'm looking forward to seeing DH, DD15 and DP (dear pup).

Sunny - I am BUMMED that we cannot meet up, but I understand that the pesky thing called life can get in the way! I'll call you on my way up to Raleigh. I have to at least talk with you!

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back with personals tomorrow! Hugs to all!

Good morning ladies!

I have to make this short(ish) because I've got to get to work. Just wanted to report that I did Bosu Viper this morning...great workout! The pendulums across the step in the C&W cardio portions were so much fun...after I figured out how to do them and not catapult off the thing lol!

Cathy - It sounds like you enjoyed your Wii workout yesterday! Oh, enjoy those new skis! I can't blame you for just wanting a break from the work...you certainly deserve it! I'm in the wait-and-see mode on the Quasimodo thing. I don't really have extra cash to shell out for more appts (especially with a surgeon) if it can be helped. I want to wait until I'm done with the meds and them go from there.

Lori - Are you saying I was just a bit long-winded last night :p :+? That's what happens when I don't get here everyday! Enjoy your circuit today and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sunny - I'm sorry you and Christine weren't able to catch up with each other :(. I had heard that about the stretching breaks in that one. Have fun on your EXT today!

Have a great day everyone and see ya tonight!

ETA: Christine - Nice Stair Max workout yesterday! Have a safe trip!

Hey Girls.

I'm gonna be tired today.

I was out late with BF last night so I didn't get to bed until after 1am. :eek: We had a good time. We ended up at Applebees. The Cheesecake Factory can get uber mobbed on weekends and we didn't feel like dealing with a long wait. I think we waited maybe 2.5 minutes at Applebees so it was a good choice!:) We both ate off of the WW menu. I had done that once before at TGIF and my meal was nasty so I was skeptical but I did it anyway. Well, we were both pleasantly surprised at how tastey our meals were! I even had thier WW dessert and it was yummo!:9 I'm sure I made up for some of the calories I saved in the food w/the 2 Mochatinis I drank with dinner!}( OMG they were soooo delicious!:9 :9 :9

After dinner we walked around the mall a bit and then headed back towards BF's place. We stopped for coffee and went to her place and hung out and chatted for a couple of hours. We rarely hang like that any more so it was a nice treat. We are going to try to do that once a month if nothing else.

So today's work out will be either S&H legs or shoulders and cardio. I'll jammin with my new Turbo Jams and weighted gloves! I hope I like them.:)

BBIAB to catch up on personals!

[font color= browm]Hi Cheetah Babes-[/font]

Wendi - Bosu Viper! Great idea! I am amazed at all the bosu possibilities. I know what you mean about the pendulums across the step in the C&W portion ;)

Cathy - Have fun skiing. DD is skiing today too. I just letting her drive herself now! IA about the Phd. How many years can you work at this pace? And is it worth it?

Sunny - Enjoy the EXT with music today

Christine - I don't know if you are getting back here before departing, but have a safe trip and we'll "see you from CA"

Hi Lori- Did you get the early relief? Talking about workouts with 'noncatheites' can be dangerous. Even my running friends don't get the Cathe part of it.

Wendy - did you have a nice time with BF last night? What kind of Cheesecake did you choose? If you went there and didn't eat any I would be truly impressed! ... Your modifications on S&H Bi/Tri sound still challenging. You do not like the overhead tricep exercises? My cat decided to jump in my lap during the dips!

Lorie - I already have Yoga for Happiness. I hope someone on the OAL would like it. I highly recommend it. In fact I am doing it today.
How about any of your Atlanta Cathe friends?

Speaking of Hi Tess! Welcome to Cheetahville. If I can run anyone can. I didn't start until I was 45 and I did it gradually also after many years of Cathe cardio and walking.

Wendy- you snuck in there! Good job on the WW menu at Ab's

[font color=lime green][font size+3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I love the site of freshly fallen snow too. It is just so pretty. I am sure you have developed great adaptability. I think you need that in your line of work. June will be here before we know it!! I think you would enjoy reading the Pain Free book. Sounds like you are having so much fun with the Wii. Have a great day testing out the new ski's today.

Lori..sorry, but as we rarely get snow, it is rather exciting. I am sure for you it is mostly a pain!! Sorry also about the cold, I have been fighting one too, but it is mostly gone. Enjoy your workout and run today.

Sunny...I have not done any of Jari's in awhile. I do like her compound exercises, but you are right, she does stretch a bit much. Have fun on the EXT today.

Christine..I did feel like I was cross country skiing in the snow! I find snow very beautiful and peaceful as it falls. I hope you have a safe trip home. I bet your family and especially Jimmy missed you like crazy..:)

Wendi...I get too busy for the laundry as it sits in the basket too sometimes. It was fun skiing indoors warm as it snowed outside. I really think loosing the hip pain has got me back to my happy, silly self...:)..Bosu Viper sounds fun.

Wendy...good job with S&H and Bosu abs. How nice you got some time with your BF. Have fun with those weighted gloves, they pack quite a punch!!

Jackie..it was Tracey's advanced Kbx that I got, and IMO it was FAR from advanced. There was still snow on the ground in areas when I ran but it was just raining a bit thru my run. It really was nice watching it.

Judy...that meal sounds amazing, I would have also skipped on the beef tenderloin!!

Shelly...so now you are running with the elite runners and Grace!! Yes, I do think you and I live on very different terrains. There was some snow left on the ground in areas when I ran but not snowing. The new snowy view was nice though and I had a pain free run! Funny about the food choices. Most of my co workers know by now that I dislike most anything sweet. But my Mom will still ask at anyone's B-Day if I want some cake?...DUH!!!! I hear ya about the mammograms...awesome workout yesterday!!

Lorie..I must have missed that part about the non impact machines in the Pain Free book? I also don't think Pete would agree much with Chi running (but, I will still do Chi). The more I read his books, the more his concept makes sense and I have felt like I have gotten a bit more energy (besides the pain going) which you can after doing his e-cises. Glad you got in a good workout on your EXT. Sounds like you are enjoying your HRM.

Kristi...I don't think I would like snow all the time either. But the few times we get it, it is fun...:)

Tess...Welcome!!! Always happy to see new runners...:)

I am planning on yoga today. I did show DH the hip exercises from Pain Free yesterday, now to see if he will follow thru...:)

Have a great day.

Sunny** enjoy your workout!

Wendi** I would never suggest such a thing;) Well...maybe! LOL

Carole** I should post a pic of all the snow we have here...you would be amazed! Its crazy! There are moose everywhere b/c they won't go into the woods b/c they get bogged down into the snow and then the coyotes get them! Nasty!

Christine** Drive safely!

I will come back with more personnals! MY mom needs a color put in her hair and I want to get it done so I can move on with my day!

Lori:)

Lori...I would probably be jealous of all your snow!! I do feel for those moose though. I know that stuff is all about nature but I don't have to LIKE it!

cathy-sorry filming didn't go as planned. i know you will get it perfect! i hope you have a blast with skimax and enjoy those hot new skis!!!

lori-don't workout so hard if you are still not feeling 100%. maybe just do a dvd OR a run.

sunny-enjoy the EXT! i am liking doing it with CC and today is CCPP saturday so i will be getting my lazy arse down there soon!

christine-be careful driving and stop if you get too tired! funny that dh pointed that out about your sister. he's probably right! love dp! what can i say? dps, i guess!

wendi-hmmmm...bosu viper. i may have to buy that dvd! hope your day at work is not too long!

wendy-sounds like you had a great night. let us know how you like turbo jam!

judy-no biggie on the dvd. i can return it as long as it is unopened (and i can't imagine why i would open TWO! ;-) ). i just wanted to see if anyone wanted it first especially because there is no tax or shipping costs. i'll just send it back to amazon.

carole-i am LOVING my HRM. as for the impact stuff, i saw it when i was skimming. it's on page 214. never made it to reading last night. i fell asleep. the weather is pretty yuck here today, so maybe after my w/o's, i'll do some reading.

today is CCPP saturday so i will be doing that on the EXT and then i am planning on trying the total body weights from 4DS. i would like to do GS, but i do it so much and i am curious to see what this premix is like. the only premix i've done from 4DS is the upper body one. who knows. i will see what i feel like once i am done with CCPP. i don't think i can handle S&H today! i would be too bored.

see you guys soon!

oh, just because:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

even though i have no reason to tantrum today, you know i needed to put her in at least once!!!

Good morning to all the awesome cheetahs! Well, after running out to get mammomax I did my circuit challenge. Both of the "AllBody" workouts. ( I did however rest for an hour or so between them )
Hooboy! Little wonder I slept like a rock last nite!

Tess- Welcome to cheetahland!!! We are always pleased to have new runners join us. News flash--- You ARE a "real" runner!!!

Lorie- Your puzzlement and frustrations re: your HRM readouts remind me why I don't use them! I go strictly by perceived level of exertion and also I don't want to get hung up over the calorie burned readout. How nice that you are able to get in your EXT workouts again at least! You have an ambitious workout planned for today! I'll be curious to hear what you think of the pain free book when you get a chance to read it.

Carole- Interesting how alot of the exercises in Pain Free are yoga based. Makes me realize how valuable it is to try and get in a yoga day on a regular basis. I'll be doing some today as well!

Judy- Hiya! Any workout planned for today or is it a rest day?

Wendy- Sounds like you had a wonderful nite out with your BF!!
Wise move to try Applebee's instead of CF. Hope you get in a satisfying workout no matter what you choose.

Christine- Have a safe trip back to Cali!!

Sunny- How is your little DS doing? Over the ear infection? Have a great EXT day!

Lori- Hope you don't push it too hard with the circuit work today since you are still battling a cold.

Cathy- Great to hear you are taking a break from all your hard work to go skiing. Where did you go?

Wendi- Workin Cheetah is certainly an appropriate name for you!!!
Viper on the Bosu sounds fun... I'll have to try that one. Some of the step moves can be tricky to modify on the Bosu but it is so FUN!

Hi Kristi! Bet you are glad this work week is over!

Hi Jackie--- where are ya? I'm here!!! (LOL)

For today it'll be an 8 mile run outdoors with the hills-- more winter weather moving in tomorrow so I need to get out while I can.
After will be some yoga and stretching.

ShellyC

i am so crazy as soon as i got off the computer and went upstairs to work out i changed my mind and did KPC with my weighted gloves (wow, what a difference they make!!). you know it's funny how your exercise levels increase. i remember when i first got that workout and thinking i am not going to make it thru. it just about killed me. well now i can make it thru but it's still such a good, fun workout.

carole- snow every now and then is really nice and pretty. i am so glad the book you bought has been extremely helpful to you. which yoga workout are you going to do?

judy- i have given up a long time ago trying to convince people that you can get in a good quality workout at home much less from a dvd.

wendy- i joined you with KB and gloves. turbo jams are so much fun!

lorie (tantrum girl:D )- enjoy CCPP day!! so are you allowed to do cardio today?

tess- welcome to crazy cheetahville!!

wendi- no EXT today for me. LOL, re: catapulting off your Bosu.

shelly- you snuck in on me:D . thanks for asking about ds, he seems to be feeling somewhat better. he was running around earlier, however now he is clinging to me again and starting to feel warm:-( .

i got to speak with christine on the phone!! she sounds so nice. i hope one day soon we can meet in person.

ttyl...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy - Your chef's dinner sounds so delicious. Glad you enjoyed it.

Shelly - I'm another cold weather weenie. So happy to have my TM too. You are a crazy woman if you went faster than the runners pace with the iTread yesterday. You are one speedy Cheetah. Sculpt Sweatfest uses a bosu in the second workout. BTW, my body is so sore from ABA on Wed. and SSF yesterday. They may not use very heavy weight but they pack a punch. I'm a little late on Saturdays. I take my time getting to that workout. Glad the boob check is over and done. Enjoy your run.

Christine - Glad you had a good workout. The Chicken Corn Soup sounds good. Hope you have a safe trip home today.

Lorie - You are feeling good. Great job on your workout and no pain. That HRM is a great little gadget to have around. My HR is always much higher. But, I usually go by the way I feel. This morning it said I was at 105% but I felt fine.

Wendy - Nice modifications with S&H. Any great shopping finds? Sorry you missed out on the Cheesecake Factory. Love that place. Glad you enjoyed Applebee's. How did you like TJ?

Kristi - Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. You deserve it girl.

Tess - Hi! Come on and join in the fun here. You will be a runner in no time.

Lori - Hope that cold didn't stick around and work isn't so bad. Great job on the 9 miles!

Wendi - You have been a busy little Cheetah. I'm sure you will get caught up soon. What happens when you finish the antibiotics? Will you go back to the doc to have the lump checked? DBF wants to give Nutri System a try. I think if it will help him with portion control and getting in the habit of eating more than once a day, he should give it a try. It might beat those restaurant meals he has. I suggested he try it for 30 days and see what happens. Bosu Viper sounds like a toughie.

Cathy - Thanks for the review on KenpoX+. So, you're enjoying the workouts so far? Sorry the filming didn't work out. But, glad you're confident that it will. Glad you enjoyed the mental release with Wii. Have fun breaking in the new skis. Hope you get to have a relaxing weekend too.

Sunny - Bummer that you and Christine won't get to meet. How is DS today? Enjoy your workout.

Carole - Yes that the Tracy kickboxing workout I have too. Think I've done it twice. Enjoy your yoga today. Good luck on getting DH to do the Pain Free exercises. Guess your great results doesn't convince him.

I did iTread #20 60 minutes. I warmed up between the joggers and runners pace. Then I pushed myself to keep up with the runners. I did take every walk break that was offered and I didn't take my incline up as high as Grace. I got in 6.7 miles. I can't believe how much my speed is picking up and I'm only running twice a week. Wonder what will happen when I start adding in more days.

Need to get some laundry and vacuuming done. Then I need to go out and check on the new house. It's been so cold, it's taking the brick layers a little longer to finish. But, it hasn't stopped the progress inside.

Have a sensational Saturday!

Jackie

Sunny - I see we were posting at the same time. Glad to hear DS is feeling better. It's nice that you and Christine got to talk to one another.

I forgot to add that I did Flexibility for the Inflexible and got in 25 minutes of foam rolling this morning.

Jackie

Hi there, Cheetahs!

I have been missing in action, again. Too much work and things going on. Some good...some not-so-good. But...anyway, such is life:)

Hope everyone had a good week! I haven't got to catch up on the posts lately x( But...I did see that everyone has "titles" and new names! Cool!

I just wanted to say "hey" to everyone and hope to get back into the swing of posting more regularly. :+

Isn't the new equipment line going to be great! I am so excited about it!

I will try to catch up sometime this weekend! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend!

Linda

Hi-ya Gals!

The party was a blast! I think all 22 kids had a great time. We were getting ready to leave for the party. Had it at Pump It Up and the snow started. :( It was really coming down. I'm so glad everyone safely made it to the party. :) This morning ds had his first soccer game. It was not close either. We had to leave by 8A. :eek: Anyway, he won!!! They're playing a level up too. :) Today had to be a rest day. Tomorrow was supposed to be my rest day, but I'll do my Sat. workout tomorrow. Oh, Friday I did iTread #11/40. Whewie on that one!!! }( I ended up getting in 4.25 miles. I then did 4D - Chest, shoulders and triceps.

I have a lot of catching up to do "here" and here at home. So, I'll start some laundry and come back and read/post personals. :)

Have a great day everyone!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Hey all.

I just finished my work out. For whatever reason doing weight work today had a total dread factor associated with it so in order to motivate myself to work out I let it go by the wayside. I can make it up tmrw no problem anyway.

I did TJ Learn and Burn and maybe 10 minutes of the TJ 20 min work out and realized I also wanted to try a little bit of Amy's KBX so I popped that in and went through the first 2 combo/intervals. I stopped when she was going to put them together. I think I'll like both TJ and KBX but both are going to take practice. They are both very different from Cathe's KB which is the only KB I've done until now! If I play it smart I know I can learn the moves w/o getting so frustrated that I want to get smash the DVD's to pieces! LOL I did pretty good today and it was my first time out of the gate so I know there is hope!:7

This morning we we went out to do a bit of shopping. I picked up an ab wheel. Ever since Cathy said she got one, I wanted one. }( I also wanted a 6# med ball but they didn't appear to have a med ball in sight!? Then I got DH to agree to go into MJM shoes with me! (yes, miracles DO happen!LOL) and I picked up 2 pair of heels. One pair I got cause they were cute to wear with anything black and so darned cheap I couldn't leave em there-$7.49! The other pair were $30 but they are gorgeous and I bought them to wear to my cousin's wedding down in FLA in April.:) I just tried to find a pic of the shoes online but no such luck. x(

Well it's time to get the munchkin up from his nap and start contemplating dinner for the fam...Hope to be back later for personals! :+

Hi Again!

Boy, cleaning just never ends... :(

:) :) :) PERSONALS :) :) :)

Sunny ~ That yoga has been on my wish list. Sounds like something I would really enjoy. How's your ds doing? I know exactly what you're saying about KPC and some other workouts too. I was doing the FitTV version of KPC and was winded. Then I got the DVD and was blown away! I'm so happy it's not hard like that anymore!! I really like KPC!

Christine ~ No, you do not need a Bosu for Iron Core..just a kettlebell and some wrist sweatbands (the longer ones). They'll help protect your arms from the kettlebell. Ouch! Glad to hear HLD is not as bad as HLX as far as choreography. :) Safe travels to you!

Kristi ~ Glad you're finally feeling better! :) How did you run go?

Carole ~ IA, B&G has a tough ab workout on the ball. I'm trying to work Iron Core in a bit more. Thanks about the kids, etc. It gets tricky sometimes trying to get it all in, but I think everyone has the same problem. I think it's a matter of priorities. We don't have the best genes in my family, so I really turned to exercise to hopefully keep certain illnesses and conditions away. Ya know? So, did you get more snow? It always looks nice from the comfort of your own home, until you have to go out in it!! ha ha! Hope your dh follows the exercises.

Jackie ~ Yes, the kids enjoy being in the workout room with me. It doesn't happen often. I don't think they'd be happy getting up at 4:30A!! LOL! I could never get into Sculpt Sweatfest. :( So, you're building a new house? We built ours during the winter too. They had to tarp off areas being bricked and the put heaters inside the tarps. How exciting for you!! Way to go on #20!

Judy ~ Thanks for the b-day wishes for ds! :) He was so cute y-day. They added rock climbing at this place, so that was his first time. It was so weird seeing my little boy doing that. Your dinner sounded wonderful!

Shelly ~ Your workouts sound great!! Got to love that ab work from Bosu Blast! Ouch! }( LOL on your running up a mountain comment instead of going for the test!! Can't say I've experienced that yet. It won't be long though. :eek: WOW! on being ahead of the runner pace!!! You could be "Fast Cheetah"!!! :)

Lorie ~ WOW! You burned some good calories with CC7 & 2. I don't have 7. How long is it? What book are you reading? "Pain Free"? What's CCPP? I'm still catching onto the Cheetah lingo! ;-)

Wendy ~ Sounds like you had a nice time with your friend. It took me some getting used to the TJ's, but once you do they are fun and you can add them to other kbox workouts. I had to work on Amy's as well. Its fun once you get it. So, whatcha making for din din?

Tess ~ Welcome! Another Atlanta Cheetah!! :)

Lori ~ How are you feeling? I just got a color y-day. Boy, did I need it! My dd said I had silver hair. LOL! It would be so nice if I knew someone that could come to my house and do it.....want to do it next time?!?! ha ha ;-)

Wendi ~ I hear you on the baskets! I'm happy to say mine are finally all put away. :) Now there's more washing and drying in the laundry room.... :eek: How long did the docs say to give for the antibiotics to kick in? LOL on staying on the Bosu comment! You should have seen me at my first few attempts on Bosu Blast. :eek: Not pretty either!! ha ha!

Cathy ~ Thanks for the b-day wishes for ds. Yeah, that Wii is fun and addicting. You know another fun one is the Dance, Dance Revolution (DDR). My kids laugh like crazy when I do it!! LOL!! I know I'm not very graceful! :( Oh well, it gets the heart pumping!! Have fun skiing! Sorry your filming didn't work out. :( Sounds like you won't let it get the best of you though! :)

Hi Linda, Posh and the rest of the Cheetahs!

Geez, I wrote a book here!!!!! :D

Dallas

ETA: How do you bold again? I think making the names bold is a good idea! :) Did you see the blog? Now I know why Cathe's stuff wasn't at Target the other day! I always look at the fitness stuff even though I'm not buying anything. :)

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.