CHEETAHS: Fabulous Friday

LauraR

Cathlete
This week I’ve had a sick DS6, sick DH, and sick puppy! It has been a good week to be resting from running!

I checked in Tuesday after having done PS:BBA. Then Wednesday I did B&G (B only), and yesterday was PS:CST. Today is a rest day, though I plan to stretch and roll. The rest from cardio has been good for my legs. I have no achiness just getting around. I’m contemplating a circuit tomorrow. I’ll see how today goes and may wait till Monday for cardio.

I’m way behind on personals, so let me try to catch up.

Wendi—Wouldn’t you know my Garmin would arrive right as I take a week off of running! So I haven’t run with it yet. Sorry to become yet another enabler! LOL about you and the Christmas tree. Ours stayed up for a week past New Year’s, and only came down because we were having people over! (The decorations are still littered all over our guest room. I suppose they’ll get put away next time we have overtime guests!)

Cathy—Yes, I foresee a Garmin in DH’s future. He had a GPS years ago when he was doing more rural work. He loved it, so he’s itching for a new toy. Yes, books are a good thing to send to Northern Uganda, but they are heavy. Actually, any kind of school supply will be something they don’t have. Basically, “school” is a room full of kids on benches (maybe 100 of them) and one teacher. They have nothing. I’ll send you a pm with more details. Thanks for your concern. After PS:CST I was hurting when I reached up to get Tupperware out of the cabinet. I thought of you and your breaks from writing on the board! ☺ I loved what you had to say to Wendy about marathon training.

Judy—Good luck this weekend on your ½!!

Carole—Hope that marathon training goes well the next few weeks. We’ll miss seeing you but understand the need to focus.

Jackie—I just watched Enchanted with the kids a couple weeks ago. It is very funny. It has been fun to do a little more lifting this week while I’ve taken a break from running. I look forward to more of that next month when we start P90X. So interesting to hear that you’ve gained weight every ½. I’m feeling relieved now. Maybe I’m not weird. I haven’t gained, but I sure haven’t lost.

Wendy—I’m definitely interested in Amy’s KBX. I could have you send it to my mom for me to pick up when I’m in the States in a few months. Why don’t you send me a pm to let me know what you want for it and how to send it. As I told Wendi (above) I haven’t run yet with the Garmin. Can’t wait. Most of the pups are doing great. Their eyes are open and they can sort of walk on their feet. We lost the runt early on and will probably lose one more today. We’ve syringe fed them and let them nurse separately from the others, but these two were just weak from the very start and we would’ve been thrilled but surprised for them to make it. Good for you in making personal decisions about your training plans. I know that was hard. And I totally agree with what Cathy said to you. I’ve had some of the same “what if” questions about my achy ITB—feeling I’ll disappoint everyone if I can’t run for some reason. Doing what is right for YOU is most important.

Gloria—I never had a trampoline either, and swore I would never have one for my kids. But the enclosures they have these days do make them a lot safer. I know what you mean about playing “school, bank, etc.” That was me, too. And it’s something I love about the life our kids live over here. It is very unplugged. They may be getting a fancy trampline, but they do live outdoors. We have a huge tree house, a zip line, dogs, we’re getting a trampoline . . . kids can really be kids here. And it’s perpetual summer.

Brighton—The time off this week has been wonderful. And the fact that my ITB is acting up hasn’t reduced my confidence in foam rollers. Before the roller, I couldn’t run AT ALL. I started rolling and had been back to running for almost a year before I started training hard. Apparently, it was just a little too much too soon.

Linda—Glad you’re enjoying CLX. Hope DD’s 2 apts went well. LOL that 40 is a “heat wave.” :)

Shelly—Hurray for time off for you!! You certainly deserve it. Glad you could take some time off the computer to refocus, too. I know I certainly need that from time to time.

Happy Friday everyone.

Morning chickies!

Laura - Awww, sending lotsa get well {{{{{VIBES}}}}} your family's way. I hope the puppy recovers quickly, too, poor thing:(. You'll have plenty of time to get acquainted with your Garmin, I'm sure! Um, lol, the tree is *still* up...never got to it. I'm *hoping* to tackle it on Saturday night...fingers are crossed on that one or it'll have to wait until sometime late next week:confused:.

Sorry I don't have time for more personals right now...will try to catch up this weekend sometime. SOOORRRYYY!

Rest day today as per normal Friday schedule. BC/ME did the trick for last night and I had a pretty good night...will have to make that the Thursday standard from now on lol.

Have a great Friday ladies!

Good Morning Cheetahs! :)

Shelly: Ooooh BM2 double upper body is KILLER! That one always makes me cry! :eek: Okay, not to sound like a dopey Cheetah here but...what the heck is a soleus? I'm sorry you are having trouble with it. When is your planned marathon? I truly hope it does not keep you from doing it. :( How many more rooms do you need to paint before you are done? What will your next project be once that is complete? (we all know you don't sit still for long. ;))

Brighton: The leg is better today, thanks! Luckily it doesn't last for long when I get a flare up. I remember the ONLY time I fell doing step (I mean fell and hit the floor. I've tripped and stumbled more times then I can count. LOL) was when I was PREGNANT! :eek: I scraped my leg on the step on the way down (it was actually the firm box) but landed on my butt and no bruises except for the one on my ego. :p It did scare me a bit though since I was pg. I made sure to be very careful from that point on. :eek:

Laura: I will PM you at some point today about KBX. :) Awwww, you lost 2 pups? How sad. :( I know it's a pretty normal occurance but it's still sad to hear. The pic of your DD with all of the puppies is absolutely precious! Love her costume. :D Thanks for your support re my marathon decision. I am keeping everything crossed for you that you will be fine after this week off from running and will rock that HM!:cool:

Wendi: Yeah sure...we know you just don't like us anymore. *whimper, sob sniff* ;):p:D

Well my leg is feeling much better so my plan for a run and Squeeze is on. I also will be getting my hair cut and permed today and then it's off to foodstore with DS after school. Fun stuff! LOL

BBL

Wow, it's quiet in the den this morning. Mid morning is usually the "yappy" time in here it seems. Oh well, guess folks are just busy today.... :D

My work out is done.

I did a 20 minute hilly Itread and then came home and did Squeeze.

I'm shoveling food in my face as I type this and then I have to take a super quick shower and head out to the hairdresser's.

BBL!:D

Hope everyone is having a CHEETAH-RIFIC Friday!!!!!!!!!

Today is full of errand running & house cleaning so it doesn't interfere with needed R&R this weekend. :) Going out with the girls for dinner tomorrow, so that will be a much-appreciated break!

The workout for the day will be a KickMax premix & then upper body weights.

Linda:
:D Thanks for the support. I was proud of myself too. ;) DD is doing a little better today, so I'm hoping this bug is outta the house by the weekend. :) Hope all is well with your DD.

Laura: I'm so sorry DS, DH, & Dpup are sick! :( I'm glad that the time off running has been restorative for you. :) ITA that the rolling is a gift from heaven. It has been extremely therapeutic. Now I just need to learn how to be patient! :p

Wendi: LOL about the tree still being up. It was a good week or two into January before we got ours down, and just like Laura it was because we had company coming over!!! :eek: It's just one of those things that isn't very high on the priority list when you've got so much going on. So don't feel bad. ;)

Wendy: That would totally freak me out if I fell while I was preggers too. Yeah, I think that was officially the first time that I totally biffed it and actually crumpled to the ground! :confused::eek::confused: I guess that cold knocked me out a little more than I thought! Oh, just in case Shelly isn't able to post today, the soleus is one of the muscles in your calf, underneath the gastrocnemius muscle. I don't think you're a dopey cheetah at all!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! (((HUGS)))

I have never fallen off my step (tripped lots, fallen no), but I *have* fallen off my ball. And no, it wasn't even doing something hard like pikes. It was in either PP or SS when you're doing the incline flies, and somehow I got too far forward or something. But "sproing" the ball just flew out behind me and I sat down hard on the ground. Ouch. Luckily I was only a foot or two off the floor because of the incline, but I was sore the next day!

Hi Cheetahs!

Laura - Sorry to hear your family has been sick. Hope everyone is feeling better. Glad the rest has helped you. I guess all the running revs the appetitite but it decreases muscle mass for me. That, along with age, could be why I gain. When I started training for my first half and got to the long runs, I lost some pounds. But, by the time the race was over, I had gained 6 pounds. It finally leveled off. This time I gained 2 pounds and it's sticking around. I don't have a problem with clothes not fitting though.

Wendi - Enjoy your rest day. Glad you enjoyed BC/ME. Nice combo.

Wendy - Glad the leg is better. Good job with the run! How did the hair turn out?

Brighton - Like that Cheetah-rific Friday! Hope you had a good KM & UB workout!

Judy - Laughing at your "puke status" comment. It's just a shame that we do all of this hard work and still gain weight.

Linda - Any news on DD?

Carole - Understand the need to take a break. You will be missed. Good luck with the training.

Shelly - Computer breaks are good to take sometimes. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it heals quickly so you don't have to miss that marathon. Enjoy your nights off. More painting? Hope you get it all finished soon.

Yesterday's workout was the first half of Burn Intervals, iTread #9 40 minutes and some stretching. Today was Burn Circuit #3, Extreme Abs and the rest of Burn Intervals. I used the vest today but went down in weight for the shoulder work. I also decided to leave out the calf raises during the squats. Decided it wasn't good for my knees. Focused more on going lower in the squat and flexing on the way up.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day! TGIF!!

Hiya ladies!

Okay, have NO time....had *^#$$^*%^%&* day
mad.gif
. Got kicked in head by one of the younger horses and then my car, let's just say R.I.P!

Anyway, not here to complain but am looking for information. Do any of you have a Rav 4 or Camry??? Looking for opinions. Had a '96 Corolla (222,347 miles on it) and loved it!!! Looking for another Toyota. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.