::: CHEETAHS ::: everything Zen Saturday

Gloria [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Glad to hear the IEP went well. Wanna hear those details...I hear you on being "tested" this year. I am told we have two more years of "vocal" parents coming up...Ugh on the baby shower. That's a time I wouldn't mind my GPS getting me lost for a bit. *lol* :)

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Still congested and coughing, but I feel tons better--thanks, dear! I love what Angie posted on the "Do you like your job?" thread. I'm not advocating quitting overnight, but really, you've been miserable there for a long time now. I'm saying don't overlook your responsibility to yourself and your own happiness. What's stopping you from working on Plan B? Make it happen!!!! You can do it!

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] sweet pace there in those new kicks! I'm laughin' at your description of driving in NJ. :7 I know, it's nuts. You need quick reflexes. The area where you were driving is especially trying on the nerves, shall we say. :7

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] *lol* about the "wooder." I actually pronounce it "Wawter." We can be hard on the English language around here. :7 For the first time in a long time, I'm not that pleased with the spring pants and capris @ Loft and at Ann. 90 minutes of core training??? Oh Lord. *lol* Loved the little dancing panda. That's how I felt yesterday, too. You are making me miss the bells, too.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] don't know if you will come back & read this on Sunday, but yeah, those windmills are tough, aren't they? I do wear the wrist guards Christine mentioned.

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I'm actually not sure if that kid is playing his son in the movie or just a young apprentice. I don't know the character "Speed."

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Yeah, my sister gave me a hydration belt for X-mas. Enjoy today's run -- is it still raining?

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] the cough is still present and is sometimes a little fierce. Good I don't have to talk as much as when working. Congrats on receiving the P90X+ workouts!

Well, I decided to forgo the last boot camp class this morning, figuring that tomorrow's long run should take priority. Will probably do some u/b weights today.

Have a great one!

PS...Hi Tammy! Not sure what could be causing a sudden shortness of breath, other than what Carole suggested. An oncoming cold, allergies, different kind of training. Since you say this is happening suddenly, I think I'd probably get checked out by the doc, too.

Edited to fix a typo

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning girls :)

Cathy: You sound rested and back to your ol self :) Are you doing your boot camp today?

It's a rainy and I mean RAINY day today. I did manage to get a few flowers planted so I'm sure they are enjoying this rain. If only it would rain at night or maybe during the week, so that our weekend can be enjoyed outside. A girl can only dream. :)

I'm not sure if I'll use today as a rest day or get a HIIT out on the upright and take tomorrow off. DH had to go into work and of course won't be golfing in the rain :) DD has her final interview for an elite scholarship they are giving out. Just to be a finalist is an honor in itself. I truly do not know how commitees pick a winner. Lots of talent out there. Oldest DD is awaiting on her background to be finalized. She did pass an IEA exam--that's great news and is up for a job in BUffalo. LIke she said she will take the first one :) I think she may like immigration better but it's not me making the choice :)

Ok need a refill and I do think I'll bang out a workout this morning.:) Hope everyone's Saturday is a good one. I may be back :)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I just figured out I had watched Disturbia so I know the kid you are talking about. Might be a good idea to skip BC with your sinus infection and before the long run tomorrow. Enjoy your upper body workout. Here is a pic of Speed (some of the CSI's called him Tim) and Horatio. I either could use it huge or small...http://www.rory-cochrane.com/thumbnails/csi_miami14.jpg

Dallas...don't you love ab DOMS!...:)...I am lucky as my DH likes the Quorn products. I only had lamb a few time before I went vegetarian...I agree YUK!! I am sure the smell now would make me nauseous. Now I run in shoes with a wide width, I have New Balance and Reebok's.

Christine...you should play Scrabulous with Nancy S, she is very good and normally leaves you with no place to put a word unless it is 2 or 3 letters!! So will DD19 be working near you? Glad you had fun with the KB's.

Jackie...How nice you could actually retire next year!!! I will be working til I am 90! I will have to pull out one of my Old Firms one of these days. Good workout yesterday.

WOW...I do have some booty DOMS from P90X L&B! Today will be the punching and kicking combos from KM & KPC, plus abs.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Like your Zen mode this morning! Glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your workout!

Kath - Congratulations to DD! Good luck with the interview. Hope you had a good workout.

Hello to all others.

I'm off to get a massage this morning and then it's on to DBF for the rest of the weekend.

Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Jackie

Carole & Cathy ~ Thanks. I don't have allergies or a cold. I do have a drs appt this week and I will mention it to him. It is just frustrating to have to keep stopping during my runs to catch my breath x(

Hey Cheetahs!

Quick check in here, sorry gals! :-( Not sure if I have the time to work out today. I have to go and get ready for this blasted baby shower. x( I despise things like this, but have to be a good DIL! May be back later! Have a great day ladies! :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – Sorry you have to skip Boot Camp today, but it’s probably a good idea. I cannot believe you’re on 10 miles already! Do you do 11 next week? I’m not thrilled with the pants at Ann Taylor Loft either – I got a little sweater which is cute, but the capri’s I bought are from H&M. I like the ones at the Gap, too. Oh, I so enjoyed my date with Anthony and Steve yesterday! I’m feeling it so nicely in my core. The swimmers core training involved things like cables, etc, so you know the rest of her body got worked as well, but every one also worked the core. She looked incredible. Wow!

Kath – Sorry about the rain today! Wouldn’t it be nice if it would only rain at night and on the weekends! Oh, what an exciting time in your household! Such accomplished kids! You should be a proud momma!

Carole – Oh, I can hardly play with the people I’m playing with now. It’s tough enough! Nancy S would leave me too frustrated! :p Enjoy your workout today – sounds like fun! You with Booty DOMS from L&B? Wow! :p

Jackie – Oooh, enjoy your massage and hanging out with DBF!!! Hope you get to see IJ this weekend! Dara is amazing, isn’t she?

Tammy – Welcome! I don’t have any advice, but I’m glad you’re seeing the doctor. Have you been training really hard lately?

Gloria – Have fun at the baby shower. Nice of you to be a good DIL. I’m not fond of those either! Enjoy your Trout Unlimited Banquet as well.

Sooo happy it’s Saturday. We have an Indian party this afternoon – oh joy. I’m going to eat before hand and try to limit my munching at the party to itty bitty bites. We’re going for a trail run today. I’m going to vent a little here – DD19 was unpacking boxes in her room. She leaves the boxes – usually with some junk she doesn’t want any more – in the hallway. DD15’s room is on the other side of the boxes, and she has this little space to squeeze around when DD19 does this. So I asked her not to put the boxes in the hallway. She just gave me a look and made a smart comment. When DH came home, she complained to him that I asked her not to put the boxes in the hallway (I was very nice – it was not a nasty or confrontational tone at all!) and he flipped out on ME! This is the way it always is – DH feels that his kids should do whatever they want and I need to keep my mouth shut and put up with it. This stems from DD19 going back and forth between mom and us, and he wanted to keep her happy with us because it was the most stable environment. Well, that’s no more. Her mom moved to Oregon in the middle of nowhere. There’s no chance DD19 would want to stay there. This is also why I’m so very hesitant about DD19 working at my company – by these actions, she has been taught that it’s okay to take her anger out on me. I was hoping that would change if I made an effort to get her into my company, etc, but, obviously she hasn’t. I don’t know what I’m going to do now. Can I trust her to behave and act respectfully towards me at the office? Anyway – sorry this is so long and complaining… Have a great day everyone!

Wendy - just wanted to let you know that I ordered P90X+ along with their superbands. My bands are all toast. I'm not going to do a P90X rotation, but I do want to start training heavier with more total body workouts - I think this will fit nicely.

Kath :: oh, I guess you missed me saying I was NOT doing BC this morning. Good luck to DD on the elite scholarship.

Carole :: :7 thanks for posting the pic. I *have* seen that guy on an episode or two but didn't know his name. I really didn't used to like the actor who plays H, but now I appreciate his bad-assness. :) *lol* about workin' til you're 90.

Jackie :: ahhh, a massage! Perfect! Enjoy it & your time with DBF.

Tammy :: hmm, that is another good point Christine brings up. Could you be overtraining?

Gloria :: yay! Another shower hater! Hope you survived it.

Christine :: Next week calls for "11-12." Then the long run drops back to 6 before climbing again the following week. Swimmers usually are built well. Wish I had done that as a kid. I won't drown, but my swimming skills aren't great, which had always kept me from pursuing a tri...I just have fun with Scrabulous and Scramble, whether I'm winning or losing. Carole's far-out words crack me up!...That really is a complex situation going on with DD19. Sorry you were on the receiving end of her manipulations. I can understand why DH wanted/wants to keep the peace but letting the teen rule the roost is not the answer, IMO. I still think, though, that having her in your office IS going to be a good opportunity to work on your relationship--where other family members aren't part of the mix and it's about the work.

I have been lazing around ALL stinkin' morning. Feels great. :7

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning cheetahs! Well, it's been an interesting weekend so far. I decided at the last minute last nite to run a 5k in my MIL and FILs neighborhood (Brick,NJ) at the local medical center there. I was feelin good and wanted to race in my new shoes, also it was a fund raiser for a medical center so I couldn't resist.

I was feeling pretty good. Started out pacing with a few women around my age I guess. One of them kept shreiking this annoying "woo"... I guess it was supposed to be motivating. Anyway,they all pooped out after a mile or so and I left them in the dust and was runnin with the young chicks :) I ended up finishing at 24:13, only 20 sec off my PR. anyway, I was enjoying the post race festitivites, scooping up all sorts of freebies;-) and finally the awards ceremonies (they had no posting of times beforehand)
they were giving out nice techno shirts to the age div. winners.
Well, got to my old lady category and they called 3 names... not mine! All the gals who went up there I had passed pretty early... including the woo woo woman! I was pretty TO'd. After the ceremonies I approached the announcer to find out what happened. Basically I got no explanation, only "I'm sorry" and they thru a shirt at me. I wanted to yell at them "it's not the shirt dammit!"

Sorry for the rant!! okay, I feel better now;-) ;-)

I'll be back for personals!

ShellyC

Hello again... back for some personals!:) :) :) :)

Christine- LOL about the translation of wooder!! I'll have to remember that. Very interesting story re: Dana Torres and working the core! I definitely plan on getting onto the
whole kettleball thing once I've settled down a bit. Sorry to hear about the problems with DD19--- does sound like she is deliberately looking for confrontation for whatever reason. It must be so frustrating for you. I'd say you and her and your DH all need a real good sit down and talk session.

Carole- I start work on the 16th. I can move in to my luxury pad on the 13th! I've always run in stability shoes also so I'm going out on a limb a tad with these neutral cushioned shoes but they sure do feel great. Anyway, I have only a very slight pronation and I'm not entirely convinced that I need stability shoes. We''ll see... they sure did feel great racing this morning! Back on a p90x rotation now or just doing it for a week? How nice to be enjoying some well earned booty doms!

Dallas- Oh my, a nice long run in the rain today? Good luck!

Jackie- Sounded like a nice relaxing type of workout for you yesterday. I did connect the TomTom to the computer and updated it so hopefully it can keep up with the crazy situations here in NJ! I have to confess tho, when it tells me to turn left when I can't I do yell at it! Hope your massage is a great one.

Cathy- Can you lend me some of that Zen mood??? I really need it! Okay, deep breaths..... aahhhuummmm. Better now! Wise move to forgo the BC class today.
Sending positive vibes for a great run for you tomorrow!

Kath- Sorry the rain spoiled your gardening plans. Sounds like you have some very intelligent and driven DDs there!

Tammy- Hi there! Sounds like exercise induced asthma.... do you feel a tightening, like it is difficult to get all the breath OUT? Anyway, glad to hear you are seeing a doc about it!! There are breathing exercises that can help with this.... nothin you can't conquer!!

I think that about catches me up. There's some nasty thunderstorms making their way here! I'll be doing some on line classes for my job (oh boy) and later I think I'll do ITR. I did GS BSB after supper last nite so tonight it'll be GS C&T.

tata

ShellyC

Afternoon Girls :)

Here to report 30mins intense bike workout. I was sweating buckets. Jumped off and did biceps SUPER sets. I also worked my core with: Reverse ball crunch/butterfly med ball crunch/Lying side oblique crunch/Seated knee up Leg raise--Can we say OUCH but I so love it }(

Christine: Thats too bad about DD19. KIDS, huh? I agree with Shelly maybe sit down with DH and DD and talk things out???

Jackie: way to go on the massage :)

Dallas: Hope you didn't get wet on your run :)

Carole: Gotta love booty DOMS :)

Shelly: Luxury pad??? I think I missed that :) Are you looking fwd to starting work? Or have you become spoiled with some time off? That so sucks about the race--what's up with that? I hate when grown ups can't play fair.

Ok that catches me up for a bit. Think DH and I are heading out for a drink tonight. He leaves tomorrow for the city. Claims it is a golf outing for work--- I think it's just a golf outing :)

BBL maybe :)

Christine...I can only get even with Nancy when we play Scramble! And then Shelley got this huge high point word...I am doomed! Kickboxing was interesting today with the booty DOMS. WOW, so sorry about the crap with DD19. I know you well and I can only imagine how hard you try only to get kinda slapped like that! I really can't give advice about kids but I would say to try and still be nice, even though many times that is easier said than done. I wish Chicago was a closer trip, we need a "girls" weekend!

Jackie..enjoy that massage! Hope the weekend with DBF is a good one...

Cathy...I actually like the actor who plays Horatio when he was on NYPD Blue...BUT, acting kinda went to his head so I have a love/hate relationship with him now. I just miss the actor that played Speed because I related to his sarcasm...:)

Shelly....OMG!!! That SUCKS!!!!!! Let me share my embarrassing moment...I ran a 5 miler (very competitive) and I saw I got 3rd place. I was called up on a stage, along with all the placers, only to find out I was really 4th (so NO award)!!! I would for sure write a letter to the race director because that is not right in any way! I am planning on P90X for about 8 weeks. I will say that the Supernovas are very well made shoes so I bet they will do fine for you. Enjoy your GS workout.

Kath..Enjoy your dinner with DH. A golf outing for work?...:)

Had a great workout. My shoulders seemed a bit tired after all the punching!

Shelly ~ YES...that is how it feels. I have never had a problem before though, so I will definitely run it by my Doc...

Christine/Cathy ~ I am actually working out less than I usually do x(

Carole ~ Sent you a PM

Thanks everyone...I'll let you know what my Doc says.

I did CCPP today and I usually CRUSH this workout ending up somewhere around 7 1/2 to 8 miles...I only managed 5 as I had to do A LOT of walking x( x(

Hello Cheetahs!

Cathy: Good choice on changing the workout plans! Oooh, vocal parents can sometimes be a bad thing, hopefully it's good for you! The shower was tolerable. Although I did get lost a bit, and was thinking of your GPS comment! LOL! The IEP was about a student who just cannot contain himeself in the reg. ed. classroom, he is such a disruption. We have a Phoenix Program at the middle school that is for kids just like him. Basically, these kids are self contained except for special classes and they do not eat lunch in the lunch room. The numbers are low in the room as well and their teacher is fantastic at what she does. The mom is not sure she wants him in there (she is one who rewards bad behavior) and will give it one more week of consideration. I am praying she does the right thing. At the IEP we heavily suggested that that is the place he needs to be. The school psychologist even expressed her approval of the program. At some point, I do not think choices should be available. But, I will leave it at that. Have a great run tomorrow!

Kath: You have some amazing kids there! You must be proud!

Carole: I served a lot of lamb chops last year. They looked good, but never tried them. My friend had a taste and she said it was so nasty that she had to spit it out. I don't think I will go there. Glad you had a good workout!

Jackie: Hello there. Hope you are having a nice weekend! Hope the massage was good for you!

Tammy: I apologize, I do not have any words of advice, just see the doc. I can tell you are irritated by this, so I hope you can get some help. ((HUGS)) to you!

Christine: Thank you for the well wishes re: the shower and banquet. The issue you are dealing with is one that I think you need to discuss with DH and DD19. I do not feel that the way she is treating you is acceptable. I think you need to talk to DH first and tell him that this insn't acceptable. DH may be acting this way due to guilt for her upbringing (I think you said it was troublesome). YOU are the elder, and need to be treated as such! That is just my opinion. I hope I wasn't too forward. I am just wanting to be helpful.

Shelly: Kudos for you standing up for yourself at the race! How rude of that race official! Sorry you had to do work today!

The shower was tolerable. Andy's mom even left me a voicemail thanking me for coming. :) The Trout Unlimited banquet was boring. A bunch of pretentious fly fisherman with big pockets who can't even really fish. It's part of the game in the fishing business. Talk to you ladies tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.