::.:: CHEETAHS ::.:: Ease on down the road....Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!
th_sunshine.gif

Christine :: Wowowow! 37 miles with a 3,000 ft. climb?? Go, Mrs. Lance! :) OK, and I have to admit, as much as I hate showers, your gift idea is too clever. I imagine that's gotta be a hit every time. Enjoy it--and your break from DH.

Karen :: I had to laugh at that hiding spot. You are just too funny. Hope you got a good night's rest.

Carole :: thanks--you da best!

I will hit the road when it gets a little lighter out. I'm a tad concerned about my back. I had an adjustment Friday, ran that night, felt great. Yesterday was a rest day, so I can't pinpoint what could have possibly happened here, but as the day wore on, I found myself in serious pain. WTheck?? For the second time in a week, I went against my norm and popped two Advil. Applied some heat, too, and hoped it would be fine when I woke up this morning. It's not. But I'm going to take Advil again before I head out and hope I can make it through. If not, I'm prepared to cut the run short and try again tomorrow or in a day or two.

Have a terrific Sunday, everyone!

BBL...

Good morning ladies!

Cathy - Good luck on your run today but please don't push if the body isn't up to it today, 'kay? Like you said you can always try again Mon or Tues. Did you happen to catch the men's marathon last night....I caouldn't even imagine being able to do that:eek:. OMG, LMAO about the Prozac smilies yesterday!!!! Thanks, needed that.

Well, I have to admit that I am dog-tired right now and for no good reason. Thank goodness it's the last major show for awhile (we were reserve champion again so that was good). It wasn't an exceptionally hard horse show for me but I've just got nothin left in the tank. I was soooooo looking forward to a nice workout this morning (Imax 2) but I could barely pick my lead arse up out of bed this morning:(. I guess I'll try again tomorrow morning. This working out once every 7-10 days thing is for the birds:(.

Gonna go refill the java and be back with personals.

Wendi :: hi! :) I beg to differ--I think you have very good reason to be dog-tired! Congrats on being reserve champion and on getting a break from it for a bit. That's good. So, as soon as your body gets the rest it needs and deserves, you'll be right back to your normal routine...Don't worry--if it hurts too much, I will not push. With some nagging injuries, you can do that. With the back, not so much. So, we'll see. I'm gonna be hopeful...Oh, the one smiley was just belching. I thought it was too cute -- reminded me of your typo that we had so much fun with -- so I had to include it. :) I did not catch the men's marathon. My Olympic viewing has been rather sporadic with these games. But I do enjoy watching the runners.

Karen - While I'm sure you weren't too happy about your own little game of midnight hide and seek with the stuffed animal, you do have to admit that that's kind of funny;). Ahhh, another Yanks fan, huh...my DSO, too, so I end up watching tham with him. Been a rough season for the team. Great job banging out the EXT yesterday!

Cathy - Woohoo, congrats on the excellent results from the WP torture, er, workout:p. I think your idea of upping your cals the day or two before your long runs is a good one...I hope it does the trick for ya. ETA: LOL, I actually had typed "Prozac comment" and "belching smiley" somewhere in the same sentence, then went back and changed something, didn't proofread and it came out "prozac smiley". See, told ya I'm not quite all there this morning:confused:. Thanks hon, I'm just feeling so lazy right now and me don't like that....especially when I probably watched 50 people out for their Saturday morning runs run right past our trailer at the show. I was soooooo envious!

Wendy - Fantastic job on your run yesterday!!! How are you feeling this morning? Glad to hear the Endurolytes worked for ya. SOunds like you had a good time at the partay.

Shellers - Hope you had a good time with your neighbors last night. That's wonderful that they've been so welcoming! I can only imagine how over the commute you must be by now...hope that's over soon for ya. Wow, speedy run there woman:eek:!!! LOL about the color scheme in your new house...LMAO about the jello salad comment! I had the same issue here. Orange shag carpets with mint green walls...:eek::eek::eek:WTH?!?!? FWIW, I may be considering doing the Philly half a bit more seriously now as it looks like I won't beable to do the more local one in Oct cuz of work.

Carole - Ooooooh, LOVE that dark peanut M&Ms!!! Eek, ouch about the tooth! Great workout mish mosh yesterday. You know, when I first read it I thought you wrote the KM leg drills and thought, "dear God...B&G *and* KM leg drills. She's insane!!!!:eek:"

Linda - That would be quite the nightmare. Your semi-veg plan sounds like a good one.

Christine - WOW, awesome ride yesterday!!! What a fun idea for a shower...very creative! Have fun at the shower today!

Hi to Judy, Jackie, Gloria, Lorie and Posh!

Must find butt glue remover and head out to work. I don't wanna *insert tantrum girl* here lol! Enjoy your Sunday girls!

Wendi :: thanks! Turns out the torture's been worth it. :)...oh that does stink, watching other runners out there when you're itchin' to be out there yourself...Orange shag and mint green??? *shudders* There must've been something a lot more potent than Prozac goin' on back then. *lol*...Any update on MK?

Cathy - MK - Not really, thanks for asking. *Might* be coming home today but they've been saying this for a week now. Whenever she does make it home we will be bringing her horse over to her house for her to spend time with him. It's been taking it's toll on you-know-who. I do feel sorry for him:(.

Good Morning.

Shelly: I haven't purchased a fuel belt yet but I was just thinking about it y'day. Perhaps I'll nose around online today and pick something. Great job on the 5 mile TM run!

Carole: Good job with the A's. If I punch in last night's eats I will surely fail. I think I left for the party with a B. I'll just leave it at that! ;) YUM...I love dark chocolate ANYTHING! I never used to care for it but now I think it's very tastey. *insert licking lips smiley here* LOL

Linda: OMG about your race nightmares! I hope you sleep well the night before your 15 miler. You'll be fine. Don't worry. My biggest fear is being late. I also tend to wonder why I put myself through it but once I cross that finish line I KNOW why. ;) I got my Endurolyte capsules from hammer nutrtion, btw.

Karen: Thanks for the push y'day! :) Glad you had fun at the game. It's worth it to be a little tired if you had fun! LOL about the stuffed animal. I'm a mom so I'm allowed to laugh! :p Trust me, my son has us search to the ends of the earth if he can't find his fave animal at bed time so I know how you feel! :eek:

Christine: LMBO at your mad lib gift! How incredibly original! Such a cute idea! Good job on the uber hard ride! Isn't cooking for one a treat? :)

Cathy: I wrote you a good luck post for your run last night after I got home from the par-tay as I wasn't sure I'd be up early enough to catch ya before-hand. Hopefully that and the Advil will help to alleviate the back pain so you can have a good run this morning. :) So I'm just curious,when you go on these long training runs are you pacing yourself slower then your normal average pace or are you just doing what feels right or what? I know they say to run slower but I'm not that quick to begin with so it's hard for me mentally to accept that I should slow down. LOL I ran slower y'day but that doesn't usually happen until I've worn myself out. LOL

Wendi: I feel absolutely PERFECT this morning! I can't believe it but my legs don't hurt AT ALL! It was an admittedly slow run but I never expected to get away DOMS free! This is so cool! LOL Sorry you missed Imaxing this morning but you needed the rest. You'll get back into it.

Looks like I'm all caught up so I'm off to get java #2!

is :eek:at so many posts so early. is going to attempt catch-up (it seems like i am forever playing catch-up) from friday...

btw...now i've got that song from "the wiz" in my head...ease on down, ease on down the road...

wendy-no, it's okay. i am getting used to the shuinning that is happening. don't worry, i'll just go cry in the corner...;) ITA about the stefani kid's name. poor kid.

carole-yep, jasper is up and walking around, hardly lying down at all. now, when we first got him not only were his legs paralyzed but he could not even hold his head up. he is getting better everyday and there is no reason to think he won't make a full recovery!
034.gif

christine-LOL about billy the goat (the name is so original, i know...) being balanced out! i hate to laugh, but poor thing... i had to laugh when you talked about dh getting his "ticked off presence" out of the house! cute idea for the shower and the gifts!!!

linda-yep, trashy mag read. let's see, what truly important info did i learn. well, john meyer and jenifer aniston broke up, jamie lynn spears' fiance' cheated on her, um, ellen and portia got married...totally mindless stuff that has nothing to do with my life but made the time fly by!

karen-WTG on registering for the half. it's such a great distance. you will be perfectly fine!
093.gif

gloria-sometimes i think it's remembering all the things i did this summer that helps me get through the school days! one of the administrators at my middle school (who used to be a counselor and he was one of my best friends) has turned into a complete and total jerk (i could say more, but dont' want to get banned from the forum) and he is really making everyone's life miserable. i don't think he handles the stress of the job well and i think he is on a power trip. for instance, i have been working there for 8 years and never had lunch duty (it's really difficult when i have to do testing, be available for meetings, be available for kids...they all have different lunches) and this year, he went and purposefully changed the duty schedule after it had been approved by the principal and put people like me (who don'thave a specific daily schedule because we really can't) on lunch duty. i don't mind doing a duty, but it totally messes up my day as my best testing time with kids is 9-12 and lunch duty if from 1050-1150! it also sucks since we used to be good friends and now i can't stand him because he is so mean to everyone. he used to be the nicest, most fun guy. okay, thanks for letting me vent! school people understand...

wt-peanut butter m&m's count as a protein (peanut butter) and a health food (chocolate-raises your seratonin). you also get your dairy from the chocolate. really, the perfect health food! ;) see my post ^^^ to gloria. i am having some "issues" at my MS and thinking i might not want to go back next year and just be in the high schools. i can't stand micro-managing. that story is only ONE this week. there were two more with that person, one of which i felt obligated to go to the principal (and I NEVER do that!). *sigh* i LOVE the rest of the school, but he is making it miserable (it has WAY more to do with than just duty). okay, are you serious about gwen stefani's baby's name? that's SO SAD!!! how do you think the kid is going to feel? i don't know why these stars feel they have to pick these obscure names... PLEASE listen to your body and take care of your back!!!

shelly-i am glad you listened to your body and slept instead of working out. sounds like you needed it. mustard yellow AND burgundy accents...ummm, no!
adore.gif
LOL about drowning in your mom's jello salad!!!

wendi-you sound like you need restmax! your body is telling you it's tired and needs some quality couch potato time. TAKE IT!
029.gif

i might do some cardio today. had a pretty good ub workout y'day and some cardio. i have a bunch of stuff to do and a meeting (for the sanctuary) this afternoon. i hope you all are having a great sunday!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good luck on the 18!!!! I know you don't like to pop advil much, but for your back and the distance it is an exception. I always have used advil in relationship to running and muscle pain and it does help. Let us know how it goes. So you enjoyed Tropic Thunder? Way cute skeeter smiley...:)..My Oral surgeon was getting ready to retire last year when he did the last surgery. You know I will be happy to help with your rotation as you get closer to the marathon. I am sure I will buy Season 3 of Dex whenever it comes out. Lila is one interesting character...I do have lots of smileys for my DH..:D

Wendi..I watched the Men's marathon...WOW...that winner seemed to make marathon running effortless!! I am of course hoping the tooth is fixed now...Yikes B&G floor and KM leg drills would be quite the leg fryer!! I think you have good reason to be tired. rest is good. Glad the shows are done for a bit.

Wendy..good job on completing the 11 miles cramp free!! I am anal about getting A's..:D...DH was teasing me about not drinking any beer. He says "Wow, you are strong". I do have one on occasion, but as I read so long ago, alcohol does slow down the metabolism, so as I am trying to loose about 8 more lbs, I can forgo it...:D

Lorie..that is great Jasper is headed for a full recovery. Enjoy your workout today.

Linda...nice to meet another dark choc peanut M&M fan...:)...I have found being Vegetarian extremely easier than Vegan. My one exception is salmon as I love it and have it weekly in the summer. I have not had beef, chicken or turkey in about 4.5 years and do not miss it at all.

Karen...good job getting in 3 miles with the EXT. My model does not have miles so I just go for time. But the resistances are killer when you get up in them. Glad you found the stuffed animal...:)..Hope you got in a good nights sleep.

Shelly...LOL about your bedroom colors and the lime green with white swirls on the ceiling...:D..I imagine you will be painting as soon as you can! I have had a lot of dental work done over the years, at least Oral Surgeons can fix most of the issues! I do have lowfat string cheese occasionally, but usually have the egg subs for the eggs (too much cholesterol!). I could kick myself for not being vegetarian a long time ago too. We will be doing a long run some pavement/some dirt.

Christine..sounds like a helacious bike ride...Way to go!!! I did not see the "silly putty hammer" in your list for the shower story..:D...oh yeah, the are just getting married...
4.gif

So I finally tried the "Recipe" section in the Nutrition software. I made a Spaghetti sauce from scratch, using tomatoes from our garden..YUM! My DH also smoked some salmon, now that was a tough one for the recipe section, but I think I got it in there right...:D

Today is a 12-13 mile run with my sister and friend.

Have a great day...:)

I'm up finally. Thank goodness it is a rest day for me since I need the rest after our escapade last night. You know dh and I would be almost asleep when we hear wimpers from their room about the missing animal. I go in there and am like what is the matter. The thing is that dh told them not to play the game because he said it would end this way. Which it did. They had like 50 animals out there. But my 11 yo doesn't forget anything and she knew it was missing which it was. To boot we live on an acre of land and the mosquitos and creatures were in full force last night. Then dh is draining the pool and I go out there and step in all this yucky water and mud in my hunt to find the beast. The mosquitos glue to my feet and leg and start eating me.Then yesterday the kids saw volchures eating a dead animal so they are running around the yard telling dh and I vulchers ate there animals. I was about spent. In hind sight it was funny. It amazed me that everyone came in the house and feel asleep in a matter of seconds but I couldn't get to bed until like 1. Anyway today the entire family will be cleaning the basement from a much needed makeover.

Wendy- Glad you got in the milage yesterday. Good for you. Next week my long run goes to 10 for two weeks and then 11. I hope it cools off some so it isnt' as hard. Good job

Cathy- I would just stay home. Your endurance is up enough that you can put the run off for a few days and it won't hurt you. Easier said then done I know with the marathon approaching. But you have to think of it in terms of losing the battle today and winning the war next week. Just take it easy and see where we are next day or so.

Carole- have a nice time with your sister today. You can jog on over here and help me clean my basement.

Wendi- I agee with Cathy. You do need a rest day and that is why your tired. You do a lot. Both you and Cathy should give yourselves a break and realize what great shape you are in and what all you do do in a day.

Christine- What a bike run. I'm telling you girl that is some serious milage. YOu are awesome.

Lorie- have a nice time at the sancutary and enjoy your Sunday.

Hi Cheetahs!

Cathy: I like the quote right when coming into the room too. I have woke up with aches before that are unexplainable, or they have crept up on me during the day. Wierd. Hope the run goes well, but if it needs to be rescheduled it is no big deal. :) Looking forward to your blog entry when I get back from school today. :)

Wendy: Nice getting in the 11 miler and even feeling good the day after! I don't dance at weddings unless I have had quite a few cabs. :D Then I seem to think I am some sort of rock star. No cabs for me last night so it was pretty tame.

Wendi: Don't blame you for the lack of gusto. Do you work at the farm in the winter too? Nice job on the reserve champion award! :)

Lorie: That is not cool your once good friend is acting like he is. I wonder why? I guess more power can do that to some people. That is a long duty. We all have recess duty once a week for half an hour. We didn't have to do any sort of duty at the middle school, which is irking to some degree. They count it as contact time with the kids. It isn't too bad, but in the winter it is not so fun since the policy is that we go out when it is 10 degrees and above. I have frozen my tusch out there many times! I agree that if this person is acting like he is it was right to go to the principal. I don't run to the principal very much either, but I have when I thought something was really inappropriate. Rant to me anytime. :) Hope everything gets done today. I have a lot to do too.

Carole: IMO smoked salmon is one the best things ever! :) That sauce sounds so delicious. Have a great run with your sister and friend!

Hi to the rest of you lovely Cheetahs!

The wedding was fine. It was a long drive though and it poured rain the whole way there. I even had to pull over a couple times since I just couldn't see anything. Today will be a run and school stuff. Have a super day everyone! :)

Last edited:
A Cheetah hello from PA

Good morning lovely cheetahs! I was up with the neighbors past 11pm!!!:eek::eek: Very unusual for this old fuddy duddy who's usually conked out by 9pm. Anyway, it did take a bit out of me this morning so I opted for a shorter 5 mile tempo run and will do the long trek tomorrow. That was my original plan anyway.
I'm staying off the main road that runs by my house. Unfortunately it is just too dangerous. Not nearly enough shoulder room and too many idiots like to drive very fast on it (it's a windy country road). However, there are great side roads that I've discovered that are absolutely breathtaking.... a runner's paradise!:)

Karen- Had to smile at your tale of the midnight hunt and seek! You are a dedicated Mom for sure! Pretty amazed that you have the energy for a major cleaning project today!

Carole- Hope you and Karen are enjoying a great long run today! I hope to be making my own homemade spaghetti sauce next year.... looking forward to being able to grow stuff again. I had very little success in Arizona. The soil was just too poor and the critters were unbelievable voracious.

Lorie- You have my never ending awe and admiration for your work at the Sanctuary!!! I hope someday when I have the time after settling down some to do some type of volunteer work along those lines. Hope you have a great cardio day!

Wendy- That's great that you are feeling pretty good the day after your latest long run. I think you've hit on the right formula!

Wendi- I've penciled in the Philly distance run myself. I'd be thrilled to run it with you.... or at least start it with you anyway. I have no doubt you'll leave me in the dust, but that's okay! It will make a great training run for the marathon and it will happen right between my current job and when I hope to start my new job. Unfortunately I probably won't have my apartment, but we'll see. A large part of this run is Fairmount park!! Congrats on another successful show!!!!!!

Cathy- Hope the advil does the trick for you and if not.... we'll both be doing the long runs tomorrow... whatever!

That's it for now cheetahpals. Gotta get busy with today's project. Repainting over the this lovely aqua room with chocolate brown trim:confused:

Gloria! Sounds like a tiring drive!!! Hope you have a super run today. When does school start again for your area?

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Cathy – I’m thinking of you on your long run! Hope your back feels better. ITA with everyone on the Advil. It’s a distance athlete’s best friend. But I also understand your reluctance to but drugs into your system. I guess the “all things in moderation” phase applies here. You had my lmbo “Mrs. Lance” *sighs* :eek: If I could climb like him – or even half as well! :p It was a tough ride, but so worth it.

Wendi – WTG with the reserve champion! That’s great! Enjoy your rest day – you so totally deserve one. With your job, I’m amazed you can workout at all! You’re amazing, actually!

Wendy – Great job on the 11 miler! I’m with you – 10 is fairly easy, well at least doable. 11 and above is tough. Glad to hear the 11 miles was not too bad for you! Slow runs are okay – if they help you feel great the next day!

Lorie – Well, give Billy a big old pat when you see him. I like goats. They are so sweet. In the Indian culture goat meat is common – I cannot eat it. It would be like eating a dog to me. Enjoy your cardio!

Carole – Have a great 12 miler! That sounds like a nice run! YES!! The Men’s marathon runner just made looking 26 miles like a walk in the park. Amazing!! Yeah, we’ll leave the silly putty hammer for later. I’ll keep it in reserve. :p Sounds like you had a fabulous dinner last night! I’m on my way for tonight. ;)

Karen – oooh, I would not be happy either if my dd’s stuffed animal never got “found” during hide and seek, and I had to go out and “find” it at midnight. Even more unhappy if the kids had been told it would end that way. Glad you found the animal. Glad no one was injured, but man!! Thanks for the kudos on the ride. 37 flat miles is not too much (the equivalent of about a 6-7 mile run). 37 hilly miles is killer! Wow. Can’t wait to do it again. :p

Gloria – Glad you enjoyed the wedding! I hate when it rains like that! It’s so hard to see! Have fun with school stuff and your run!

Shelly – how great that you’re enjoying time with your neighbors! Pennsylvanians are a pretty cool lot (if I do say so myself!). Glad you’re finding wonderful running roads!! Is it pretty hilly where you are or are you still in the rolling hills? Your house is really cute, but I totally do not blame you for repainting it! Wow! Those are some color combos!!

I’m feeling pretty good after my ride yesterday! Yeah! Today will be a Spinervals as I’m short on time. I’m in the middle of making Kimo’s food, and then I’ll work out, and shower. My friend is coming over at 11:30 to finish up the gift, and then we’re heading out to the shower. I hope it’s not too long, as I have grocery shopping to do as well. :p Oh well, I’d much rather be busy then sit around and do nothing. Have a great day all!

Karen...it is a bit scary running around in the dark looking for things when there are those other creatures out there!! I am not sure I am into jogging the distance to your house...yet...:D..Enjoy your rest day.

Gloria..I will have to try some of the smoked salmon soon! I would love some of your rain...:)

Shelly...we did have a good run. Sounds like you are having fun running in your area. We have some traffic issues on a few roads too, but you do get used to it. We also have some trouble with critters in our garden. They seemed to have targeted the zucchini this year. Aqua with a chocolate brown trim???? YIKES!!!

Christine...I really did like the spaghetti sauce, very light. I had all A's last night except for my D in niacin, I was a bit over...Glad to see our 4x400 relayers kept the baton in hand to win the Gold!!! I think going to a shower with you would be great fun as I usually try and avoid them!! Enjoy Spinervals today.

Ended up running 12 miles. Got a bit hot towards the end, but happy about the distance. Off to shower and get some sun...:)

Carole - great job on the 12 miles! I was anxiously watching the baton passing as well! Glad they held on and won! They needed it. I found a pasta sauce from Whole Foods that it incredible. I served it with whole wheat pasta and eggplant, zucchini, squash and red peppers I grilled and chopped. My heavens it was the best pasta I have ever had. :D Probably yours was better though - totally fresh!

I ended up doing Spinervals Enter the Red Zone. As much as it hurt to start, it felt great at the end. I was happy I did it. Now, it's shower and off to the shower. My friend is sick, so she's not coming with me. Oh joy! Now if I had gotten a regular gift I would use this as an excuse to bag, but as I have the "mad lib" gift as Wendy so appropriately calls it, I have to go - it's much more fun with a room full of women... I just hope they don't play shower games. I HATE those with a passion. Hope the gift opening is quick so I can beg off. :p I know, I'm terrible. :eek:

Hey Girls!

Done with CTX Shoulders/Chest/Back. Gotta jump in the shower now. My mom and her SO are on thier way down as I type this. We are all taking Joey on the boardwalk for some fun this afternoon! :)

I'll catch up with personals tonight!

Hugs to all!
Wendy

Afternoon, cheetahs!

Sittin' here with my tea, still enjoying the post-run high.
th_supdrink.gif

Wendi :: I'll be hoping MK is strong enough to come home soon. Continued (((HUGS))) and prayers. And I just have to say, to rise above the way you do is something...you truly do have a heart of gold.

Wendy :: yes, I run a slower pace on the long runs.

Lor/WT :: For me, that song was theme of the morning. That's just what I did. Totally understand on the admin. Have seen people change once they "cross over." And IA--the lunch duty does not make sense for you. Sorry things are so intense you had to see the principal. You do not seem like the type who would go running at the first sign of trouble, so it must be serious. I hope you can resolve it...love the rationale for the M&Ms. :)

Carole :: After today's run, I am thinking Advil is a long run necessity. It helped tremendously, not just with my back but also with some of the lower leg aches that seem to kick in when the mileage gets up there...hey, question for you: when there's disk damage in your spine, is that reversible, or is it pretty much a matter of pain management?...I did enjoy Tropic Thunder. I like Ben Stiller, but Robert Downey Jr. stole the show on this one...Oh, Season 3 will be on TV! CBS carries it, too, since you don't have Showtime. I can't wait for Run, Fat Boy, Run to come out...I have entered a couple of recipes in as well. What I don't like is that when you add to the meal plan, it lists each individual ingredient. Not a big deal, just a minor quirk. Great job with your 12. Enjoy the sun.
th_yes.gif

Karen :: what a late-night adventure! I think I might mandate those animals be house-bound from here on out. :) I think you might have me mixed up with someone else. I have no troubles giving myself rest! Wendi is, for sure, the aptly-named Workin' Cheetah.

Gloria :: thanks--I did post a blog entry re: today's run. I have some back issues, so I guess it's not totally out of the blue, but I did take a rest day and can't recall doing something wrong, ya know? Crackin' up at you feeling like a rock star with the aid of a libation or two. Swear we could be sisters. Glad it was fun, although the ride sounded intense. Was like that on the ride home from Balt. last week. Scary! Have a great run!

Shelly :: you positively rocked out last night, huh? Glad you had a good time. The Advil did do the trick, thankfully...Oh my, aqua with chocolate trim? I have seen certain shades of blue paired with brown, and it's an attractive combo, but I don't know about aqua. Would love to see some pics of the side roads if you get a chance sometime. I sure envy you that.

Christine :: Don't forget--we SHARE Lance. :) *lol* Great job with Spinervals after a painful start. And no, that is absolutely not terrible of you. Shower games are THE WORST!

Linda :: hope you had a good 15!

I'm happy to say the 18 went quite well this morning. Won't bore everyone with the details, but I did blog about it if you're interested. Back only tightened up a little at the end, but overall, it was a strong run. Feelin' good.

Just coming out of the fog of the basement. Now it is beautiful and new and ready to sparkle. That is until the girls go down there again. Now I'm off to make some dinner. I'm having the most hungry day. I swear I could eat an entire pizza plus. I will try and be good but days like this are headed for doom

Cathy- Yep, got you mixed up. I think it was my late night animal advernture that put my mind this morning in a fog. Nice run. You did awesome. I will check out your blog later. I'm thinking of doing my own for the half. It will be nice a year from now or so to see where my head was.

Christine- You amaze me with those numbers. Cycling is a tough sport. The milage you put on is outstanding.

Wendy- Have fun on the boardwalk

Shelly- What color are you painting th agua room. You could use it as your pool.:eek:

Carole- Nice run. Hot and all you did it.

That marathon last night with the men was amazing. They kill me the

paces they keep.

Hi to eveyone else.

Hey there, everyone! Hope everyone had a good day!

Cathy - I am so glad you had a good 18 miler! I hope your back pain does not stick around! I will check out your blog entry after I post. Lately, I have been trying to eat more carbs during the week, and the night before a long run. I have not done well this week. I have been eating a vegetable and goat cheese en croute and risotto the night before, lately. I ordered that last night, but did not feel like eating much of the risotto (sp?). I sure did pay...big time this morning! I didn't do my Gatorade before I left and I took water, instead of Gatorade to drink and did not take a Power Bar (which I have been doing). I took Shot Bloks and only ate 3 of the little blocks. I got soo sick at my stomach and I had zero energy. This has got to be my worst run, yet. Grrr! I felt waaay better than this one even on 19 miles! Did I ever learn my lesson. Now I am really worried about next weekend :( Hopefully it was a fluke. I used to have that Winsor....I gave it to my sis....but now I am going to reorder it :)

Wendy - Thanks for the encouragement!! Enjoy the day with your mom and her SO! Sounds wonderful!

Shelly - Glad you had a good time at the neighbors! Wow!!! 9:00!!! You wild woman you! ;) You sound like me! I am usually asleep by 8:30 or 9:00. Seriously!!

Carole - Great job on your 12 miler! It was really hot and humid here today, too! That is probably another reason I did so lousy on my run! I need a pound bag of DC M&M's to feel better! ;)

Christine - What an awesome ride you did! I second "Mrs. Lance!"! LOL...hope you enjoy the shower! I don't like 'em, either!

Gloria - Glad the wedding went well! Also glad you made it to and from safely in the rain!

Karen - Awww! I am glad you guys found the "missing animal"! Yuck! The vultures and mosquitos sound awful, though! I can't wait til the weather changes and the mosquitos disappear! Sorry you had such a rough night!

Well, as I mentioned in my post to Cathy, my run was not very good at all. I was pretty much miserable the whole time. I just hope and pray the race goes better next week!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.