:::CHEETAHS::: DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT!

lederr

Cathlete
i didn't see the thread started and i'm wondering if our dear cathy overslept from all her work she did yesterday. anyway, just gettin' started. will be back lata!

Good morning ladies.

Thanks for the start Lorie. Okay, this is my LAST rest day, I swear!!! I WILL get something done tomorrow, I WILL. I just didn't get completely caught up on sleep last night, plus I'm going to have a *VERY* long day at work (I'm by myself today) and I needed to get up at 4:00 to get it done. That just wasn't going to happen this morning :(.

However, it gives me the opportunity to get to personals :):):)...

Cathy - It sounds like you had a very productive weekend. It must be a bit of a relief to know that you are making some good headway. I would not have been looking forward to all that grading though...yikes!

Wendy - So you went bowling but didn't bowl? You poop :p!!! I'm glad you had a great time skiing...how are those shins this morning?

Judy - I have to totally agree with "there is no such thing as a *little* chocolate" :9. I hope you enjoyed your massage. I actually like DT massage as it really gets into my trouble spots (and boy do I have a couple of goodies). My therapist always asks if it's too much and I usually say it's all good. Hmmm, I must be into pain or something...J/K!!! Good luck to DS with that tourney.

Shelly - With what you've got going on I can totally understand the leetle bit of insomnia...just be sure to take care of yourself as well as all the chores around the house, okay? Had LOL at the 90%er...that would be me, too ;). Great job tackling all that yardwork. Oooooh, yeah about STS! I wasn't going to buy that one but now I'm not so sure...

Carole - Wow, that was quite the day you had planned between the workout AND the yardwork :eek:!!! I absolutely detest yardwork unless I'm really, really, really in the mood for it. Were you able to snag DH to help?

Lori - Glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing weekend...you were due. I hope your situation at work improves for you. Woohoo on DS not crying!

Lorie - Heehee, I like the bench press smiley...way cute! Glad you enjoyed your workout! I hope you enjoyed your day of cooking and your date with Eoin.

Christine - Thanks sweetie! I'm sorry DH has been a pill...have you threatened him with the silly putty hammer yet? Nice hike Sunday (I'll bet it was beautiful) and I love your mish mosh from yesterday...tough stuff! I wish I could afford to spend $$$ on clothes but $20 is about all I can afford per pair. You don't want to know what kind of salary I'm on x( :eek:.

Dallas - I hope you TM has recovered from it's bout of temporary insanity :eek:...nice run! Sooooo glad to hear that your neck is feeling better!

Jackie - I'm afraid of the increased appetite that STS will bring for me (if I cave...I might will all that eye candy!). I do up the protein (of which I eat quite a bit normally) on weight days but that still doesn't help. For me cardio is a great appetite suppressant.

Kristi - Sorry to hear about the migraine. Try not to sweat the prep for your races...I know you'll be more than ready! What a nice gift for your grandmother. I used to LOVE cross stitch. It gave me something to do with my hands while I watched TV but since I rarely watch TV now, well I haven't done it in years. Now, I'm afraid, it would just put me to sleep lol!

Well, I guess that catches me up. I should have time to stop by tonight. Hopefully I'll have some news about work by then...fingers crossed!

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!

Lorie: Thanks for gettin' us started!:)

Wendi: I used to bowl but I got frustrated with it and therefore tired of it so I stopped. Now I bowl on occasion for fun but I just wasn't in the mood y'day. Good thing too cause it was all kids/bumper bowling. That would have driven me out of my mind to try to bowl next to that! Given the age group at the alleys yesterday, the courtesy rule went out the window. I can't stand it when people run up on me while I'm bowling so I'm glad I bowed out before we even got there. ;)

My arms are sooo sore this morning! I upped some weights in TB+ and I guess it worked!:p

Today's work out is Interval X+ and A/C+.

After doing TB+ y'day, I realized that I made my life more difficult then it had to be. LOL Had I just done cardio and a/c+ as was on my schedule for monday then I would have only had one missed work out to deal with. I don't know what I was thinking doing TB+ cause I had to rearrange my entire week because of it due to weight work being back to back. OY! Well, I have it figured out I think...I HOPE! We'll see how the week pans out. This is week 3 so I'm on my first recovery as of next week already! Time sure flew!:+

BFN!

Hey there Cheetah Ladies!

Good news – it’s a short week, bad news – it’s back to work after 4 days off. :+ I cannot complain, though – it was nice having that time off! Today is a rest day. I may do some yoga before work, though. Well I pulled out the silly putty hammer and pounded DH with it pretty soundly (read – had a talk and let him have it) and he immediately started acting better, so that’s a relief!

Cathy – Glad you got a lot done yesterday! That always feels good, doesn’t it. I think Lit teachers have it the hardest, though – all the essays, poems, and other stuff – no multiple choice tests to grade!

Wendi – I have fingers and toes crossed and Jimmy has his paws crossed that only the best happens for you today! Hope you got a nice sleep last night! I can imagine you’re on a not so high salary – I know what people who work with horses make – and now reading the hours you work – it’s nuts. I love horses, but the people they come with tend to be not as nice. That’s why I suggest TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack – you can get some great deals. The styles stay the same, just the colors change a bit.

Lorie – Thanks for getting us started! Have a great workout!

Wendy – Great job on your workout yesterday! Have fun straightening out your rotation! You’re really tempting me with X+, but I just invested in STS. I hope we hear an approximate ship date soon!

Enjoy everyone! Getting up early wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be – of course I slept in 30 minutes later than usual because it’s a rest day. It's going to a rainy, icky day today. Although reading what Wendi, Judy and Dallas are dealing with, I feel bad for whining about a bit of rain.

Good Morning ladies~

I am sooo crusty its not even funny! So I am at work.. and you know the phone is going to ring, but everytime it does I feel like telling the person on the other end right where to go! Hello! Im at work! Im suuuuppose to answer the phone! EARTH TO LORI!
Thee other things that topped my morning off so far was my scale. Not good! But when I looked in my journal my last period was Jan 19th:eek: TTOM must be comming. Would explain my recent weight increase and my nasty attitude.
Got off of the TM to check the time (left the TM running) when I got back on, I tripped, fell on the TM, and then rolled off of it! I know this sounds slightly amusing...but I have a nice little burn on my arm from the slip!

Oh well...hopefully things will improve.I did get a nice ab workout in and a 6 mile run. Still haven't eaten though b/c I am to crooked!Im so crooked, Im not even hungry! Now thats crooked!

Lorie** LOve the name of the thread! Now you have the song stuck in my head! hehe

Wendi** I guess your body is telling you something if you are sleepy! Take 'er easy and get a good workout in when you can!

Wendy** My arms are fried today as well. I went as heavy as I could with GS's yesterday and Im soooo feeling it! Its nice though}(

Christine** Hope you enjoy your workout! I know going back to work sucks!

I will return later when I am my normal cheerful self!
Lori:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...you are right about the carrot cake...:)...one of the hairdressers I work with made one friday...OMG, it was the best homemade carrot cake I have ever eaten.

Wendi...I ended up skipping cardio yesterday for the yardwork. Yes, DH did help and we attacked an area where wild blackberry vines grow. Or maybe they attacked us as I pulled something in my lower back getting those damn things out of the ground!!

Wendy..I bet it was fun to watch Joey bowl. I am sure he could score higher than me too! Oh, so the boots were rubbing against your shins! That could be a real pain. Hope the next time is better. Enjoy your DOMS and Interval workout today.

Christine...glad the talked helped DH come to his senses! I think we are in for some rain too. I might try and get some leaves raked if my back lets me.

Dallas..so glad your neck is feeling better.

Lorie...sounded like a fun iClimb Bootcamp workout yesterday.I am not a real fan of chest work either. I do prefer flys and bench presses to any push-ups..and IA, that clock thing is tough!

Kristi..sorry about the migraine...:(...that is cool your grandmother will be 90! I have always liked that poem. Sounds like a fun project.

Jackie...I never got very hungry with P90X's weight work either but have read that many do.

So my DH and I did yardwork yesterday. We have this area where these nasty wild blackberry vines are growing out of control. We decided to dig them up. OUCHIE!! they have stickers too. About halfway thru pulling them up I tweaked my low back...:(...so I didn't do much after that but stretching and icing. I am not sure what my workout will be today so I will take it easy. I know I will feel better after I see my nephew and get my low back adjusted...

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Ooooh! Love that title!

Kristi - Sorry the migraine interfered with your run. Bet you will do fine with your races. Glad your dog is doing better.

Wendy - Bet Joey was too cute holding that bowling ball. Glad he had fun. Laughing at you and the mix up on the workouts. I know I have done that a few times too.

Wendi - That sculpting stick is shaking in the corner. Glad you're listening to your body. Hope work goes well today. I've increased my protein a little to see if that helps with the hunger pains.

Christine - Yep, it's back to the old grindstone but the week is short. Yippee. Enjoy your rest day. Glad you got DH to act right.

Lori - So glad to hear I'm not the only person that hates to hear the phone ring at work sometimes. Sorry for the fall on the TM. Hope your attitude improves and your day gets better. ((((HUGS))))

Carole - Ouch on the back! Hope it's ok. Hope your nephew can fix you right up. Maybe I'm hungrier this time around with P90X because I'm doing it closer to the way it's supposed to be done - less cardio.

I did a 4 mile run and Cool It Off Express.

It's the day after a holiday and I have to play catch up. Enjoy your day ladies.

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! I'm patting myself on the back this morning, got ALOT done yesterday and I should be able to cross off the rest on my todo list for my stretch off today:) I even was able to start packing nonessentials. Got in a nice run yesterday getting in 7 miles with iTread#9. I'll be sticking mostly with the TM for runs in the next few months simply to save time which will become a precious commodity for me. I'm afraid my postings will likely become more erratic and abbreviated :( But I know this fantastic group of supportive cheetahs will understand. There is a race in Pa I am absolutely DYING to do and I hope I'm there in time for it this year.
It's the Spirit of Gettysburg 5k on July 8, I believe. It actually is run thru the battlefield park..... I'm a civil war buff and I love Gettysburg (so does DH).

I digress.... (that's easy for me to do) For today I'll be finishing up my chores in prepping the house. Tilling up earth to redirect drainage areas around the property and painting the bathrooms... hopefully more packing too. After I'm done here I'll head on down to the basement for 4DS HIS/C&B. Later it will be a cardio TBD. Usually I have my workouts all planned out and am not so undecided.... YIKES!

Back for personals

ShellyC

:) :) :) :) PERSONALS:) :) :) :)

Chi-Chi my long haired naughty kitty is being an absolute pill and wont leave me alone right now so typing these personals will be a challenge!

Lori- Glad to hear that your DS is getting over his separation anxiety, it must have been so hard for you to leave him in tears!
Ah... one of life's earliest trials we all face. I really had to laugh over your crusty post today!!! Glad we can be hear for you to vent... anything helps I guess. Sorry you had an accident on your new TM!!! Sounds painful!

Lorie- Love those smileys yesterday... especially the one where he gets squashed with the BB!! I actually have the iClimb bootcamp but haven't done it in a while... you have inspired me to give it a whirl soon.

Christine - I'd say you are definitely earning a rest day over that workout yesterday! Glad to hear that your DH responded well to the silly putty hammer treatment. I'm afraid I have to admit that in my house it is usually ME that needs the silly putty hammer!
DH is such a sweetie. I dont know why he puts up with me!

Carole- I guess you and I were both doing the yardworkmax workout yesterday! It's funny you mentioned your lowerback. I work out with weights and haul people around at work and my back never troubles me. But yardwork? eowwwww! My back was talking to me last night. Fortunately all better today. Good thing you have that handy nephew!

Dallas- Glad to hear your neck is better!!! Those e-cises really do seem to work. I had some ongoing trouble with my L ankle that is much better now since doing them. I already loaned the book to a friend at work who has terrible chronic back pain issues and she came in to work the other night all smiles and thanking me profusely.

Jackie- I'm not planning on putting the house on the market until we are actually ready to leave. I HATE living in a house while it's on the market!! Fortunately the timing is right and it will be right when the peak buying season starts..... I hope! The market here has slowed but not as bad as some other areas of the country. Hope work isn't too hectic for you today!

Kristi- Sorry you had that migraine attack! How is it today?
You may surprise yourself yet with that HM in April. I think that gift for your Grandma sounds perfect! Homemade and inspirational too.

Wendy- I find Sundays a tad depressing too. Don't know why, it's kind of irrational but I definitely have an irrational mind!
I was smiling picturing Joey bowling. It is so cute to watch the real little ones do that. Did he actually knock over any pins?
Wow, week 3 on the X+ already? Seeing any results? I got notification that my TJ workouts have shipped.... looking forward to trying them out!

Cathy- You must be busy today!!!!! Glad it was productive for you yesterday. Hope all is well.

Wendi- I am in such suspense over your hopefully upcoming good job news!!!!!!!! Cheetah paws are definitely crossed for ya!

Enough stalling at the computer, time to kick the butt into gear.

Later y'all

ShellyC

Hi ladies,

I'mmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaack!! of course busy as all heck so i haven't had any time to read the posts (except for today's) i have not exercised since wednesdayx( . so i am considering this my recovery week.

we had a great time in palm springs!! palm springs is spectactular and so was the wedding. the only downfall of the mini-cation was the travel time. we were in the airport yesterday at 6:30 am and didn't get home until today at 9am. ARGHHHHH.
being stuck in the airport with no back up plan i ate crap all day and am feeling itx( (i need tantrum girl, lol)

anyway i am hoping to get in a workout at some point today will be cardio.

wendi- i have noticed resistance training does not give me a huge appetite. yet too much cardio does. so i am keeping my cardio to 30 mins.

i hope everyone is doing well. i will catch up with you lovely ladies later.:)

Good Afternoon Girls!

My arms are freakin' KILLING me ladies!}( I have to do Abs/Core+ today and I am envisioning the pain on my face when I have to hang from my pull up bar to do crunches! YIKES!}( }( }( LOL

I am considering doing Plyo X instead of Interval X for a change today. I must be in the mood to torture myself or something!:p All I know is I am DEFINATELY getting Abs/Core out of the way FIRST or it's not gonna happen!:7

Well, with that being said, it's time to get Joey up to bed and get my arse moving before I decide to take a nap instead!;)

BBIAB!

Afternoon Chiquitas!

I created this new sign in, but then forgot about. I just came across this on my desk. Nice and short username. :)

Today, I did Kelly's Cardio Sculpt. That's the first time doing the workout as produced. I'm on the fence about it. The step combos I like. I think it's the weight work. After getting the kids on the bus I did Iron Core Volume 1. Later I'll do the neck e cises again. :)

Wendy ~ You may need to re-focus on lower body. }( Did someone say, "NAP!!!" I could use one right now. I slept horrible, but still got up when the alarm went off this AM. :(

Sunny ~ Sorry about your long travel times. Glad you had fun though. :) Doesn't S&H make you hungry? Hope you get your work out in today.

Shelly ~ You're inspiring me to de-clutter. I did 3 drawers and a partial closet today. :) I'll finish that, but had to get the soup going. It's simmering now. You had mentioned another book for therapy/proactive measures. Do you think that one is good to have around too? Do you have Frame Work? Your race in PA sounds interesting. I love history too. Whew! You have quite the plan don't you!?!??! Good luck getting it all done!

Jackie ~ IA the day after a holiday and catching up. For me it's my house....yadda yadda. ;-) Hope you get caught up! Don't you get bored during Cool It Off....it's sooooo long.

Carole ~ The Pain Free book is a gem AND it only takes 20 minutes. :) Ouch! Hope the adjustment helps.

Lori ~ It does sound comical, only because I can see myself doing something like that! I hope your not too badly banged up! TTOM always would do that to me as well. :( Hang in there!

Christine ~ Pass the silly putty hammer for my dh!!! :p :+ Well, at least the sun is shining here today....but it's below zero temps with that wind. BRRRRR! I'm thinking 20# KB is doable on some parts of IC for me. I may have to swing by Target! :wink:

Wendi ~ Hope you get good news today! Yeah, I'm wondering what my treadmill was doing y-day? LOL!

Lorie ~ Where did you go??? What are you doing today? Hope everything is alright with Cathy!

Kristi ~ Hope you're feeling better today! That's a wonderful gift for your grandmother. :)

Judy ~ Are you bored with the recovery week already? I'm still going to do long cardio, but just do less weights this week. Give me neck a little break. ;-)

Hi to the rest of the Cheetahs!

Dallas

Oh, I guess I have to add a new siggie. :)

I got through the work out without taking a nap first!:p :7

I opted out of the Plyo X idea...I just didn't want to work out for that long today. Interval X is just as much of an arse kicker in half the time anyway!}( Abs/Core+ didn't hurt my upper body like I had imagined it would so that was a relief. :)

Now it's time to shower up and get the little guy up from his nap. There is nothing in this house to eat and it's killin' me so I have to head out to the food store today!!!!:eek:

My DH called before and asked me to pick him up HEALTHIER snacks when I go shopping today. He said he's gonna try to eat a little better! OMG-run for your lives! The sky is falling...the world is going to end...!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :7 :7 ;) :p

G2G so BFN!:)

ETA: I finally got my books from Amazon today! NROWL4W and 101 workouts! I'm so excited!:)

Hey Cheetah Friends~

Cathy> It is crazy here too.I'll send you good vibes~~~

Shelly> Did you say De clutter? Thanks! the Race in July sounds fun. :) Yesterday Ds and I tackled the unfinished area of our basement. We have a ping pong table there. So we put down some of the 'sport court' tiles that came with the house and topped it off with my old puzzled mats and now we can pay some serious ping pong and not be on cold cememt floor. DS's hockey team is coming over for a party on 2/29 and I am sure there will be some ping pong action.

Shelly & Carole> Thank you for encouraging me to go for the Deep Tissue massage. I am glad I did it. The therapist found some major trigger points in my Rhomboids and Erector Spinae. Her impression was that I am much stronger in my pecs than my back and that my pecs are pulling me forward actually rounding my back!.

To all Cheetahs: Was there a lecture at the road trip addressing the need to work the back more than the chest as women approach menopause?( If so is there a reference) Although I do not know much about p90X, do thy do more back work than chest, and do they give a reason why? Is it time for me to get a pull up bar? I have been thinking about it.

Wendi> Any news on the employment front?

Christine> Hi Nice hike the other day! Enjoy the short week. :)

Wendy> Way to go on getting that interval workout in. I'm with I would go for short and intense some days just to be done already!

Dallas> I am not bored of this recovery week. I did a 5 mile truly easy paced outdoor run yesterday. Today was Core Synergy (on bosu) and that massage. Tomorrow will be another easy paced (slow) run.

DS and I are headed to North Western Massachusetts Thursday-Sunday for a Hockey tournament. So I may or may not get some walks or runs in. I will attempt to do some abs & stretches in my room. Hopefully I will get to bring a lap top to stay in touch :)

Lori> Hope ya feel better soon. PMS is monstrous sometimes!

Lorrie> Hi there! What up? Silly me can't remember!

Hi Thommasina!

Kristi> Hi :) Has your migraine resolved yet ?

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

well, i never made it back for personals. sorry!!!

anyway, this morning was iClimb 7&8 (i wanted to get in a good sweatfest. i was only going to do half of 8 but when i realized i didn't have time for weights even if i stopped at half, i did the whole 40). anyway...i just got dine with boot camp warm up (just to get my blood flowing) and then 4DS bis and tris. then, it was a date with eoin and volume one. i smiled every time he said downward facing cheetah!

now, i'm exhausted and hungry.

hopefully, i'll be a better personal cheetah writer tomorrow.

Happy Muesday Friends…

Yes, that’s right, it is Tuesday and it feels like Monday so today is Muesday….

Thanks for the kinds words for DD yesterday; she did great. I then skied with DS (he’s a snowboarder) and we had a fun day. I noticed that I skied much better and my overall stamina was better than the last time I went up. Me thinks all the BFL LB workouts and good ol’ Grace are responsible for the improvement. I have some pics I took on my Blackberry but still have to download/upload to picture trail (when the round tuits get re-stocked).

Lorie – The little smiley guys were cute. I like the barbell one – looks just like me. Also, the elevated yogi is real cute. I REALLY like the Eoin Finn yoga routines. Seems to have already helped my hips out tremendously. I like his voice as well but the ice cream etc comments are a bit funky…lol. Makes me LOL when I’m trying to focus on breathing!...sheesh…

Wendi – OH MY! I’m really hoping for good news for you today! I have all my fingers and toes crossed – and my eyes…lol…. I hope you will be able to get in some workouts, I know how that dilemma can be when faced with too much to do….Anxiously awaiting your good news!

Wendy lou – ROTFLMAO re your response to DH’s healthful snack request. OMG too funny. My DH does that from time to time as well. Actually, Mr. Meat and Potatoes himself just informed me that from now on it is just fish and chicken for him after the big beef recall…I’m thinking, Yeah sure. Oh, and high fives on your ski adventure! You’re hooked if you want to go back! And me thinks the shins were sore because maybe your boots were cinched too tight on the leg? Just a thought.

Christine – I know, going back to work after 4 days off (even though I was busy) is difficult. Sorry your DH needed a can of ….lol. Yeah, sometimes just letting them have it with words does the trick…lol. Then after do you say, “that will be all, you may step down”….just kidding. I do that jokingly sometimes….

Lori – Awe cheer up! It will get better… Sorry you tripped on the treadmill – I have done that a few times….duh? I am a real clutso though.

Carole – Oh no, sorry you hurt your back. But blackberry bushes are like that and don’t want to come out easy. We usually cut them down first then use a shovel to dig the roots and remaining ball of cut off branches out. I love carrot cake too! YUMMO!

Jackie – Hope you survived a day after a holiday at work. I bet it can be hectic there for you.

Shelly – Uh, can you come to MY house soon? We’ve lots of to-do lists…LOL You almost are going to have to change your cheetah name to organized cheetah….I hope you are able to make it the race in July – sounds like fun!

Sunny – Oh no, did you have flight delays? It is bad enough the time it takes to fly coast to coast but eek, over 24 hours is terrible. Being forced to eat airport food is just plain wrong…I understand this as we had to hang out in San Juan PR airport forever and a day once and oh how gross was the food. Hope your day is better and glad you had fun in Palm Springs…

Dallas – wow, between you and Shelly, I’m going to get enabled to do more de-cluttering. Better yet, why don’t you and Shelly have a cheetah de-cluttering GTG at my house? LOL….oh, and NO the pain relieving cream will not make you smell like an old man, just very very minty – mentholatedish…lol.

Cathy – HI!!!! I know how it is to be very busy and not able to post. Hope you get all your stuff done though so you can come back and chillax with the cheetahs… 

Hi Judy! Wow, the ping pong area sounds very fun! Glad you liked your massage. My therapist always gets in there good and it has been helping me tremendously. I am interested in the information regarding the balancing the back muscles with the front and menopause etc….hmmm. Have fun and if I don’t “see” you on here before Thursday, let me wish your DS GOOD LUCK with the tournament and hope ya’ll have a great time!

Ok, gotta scoot to get DS from track practice and pick up some essentials on the way home..

Have a great evening Cheetahs!

Thomasina :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.