::: CHEETAHS ::: in da house Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/greetingsandsigns/th_xanimal_hipaw.gif

I believe I'm caught up with personals, so this'll be short and sweet.

My new rotation begins today with a rest day. The weeks essentially look like this:

[font color=crimson]M... OFF[/font]
[font color=black]T...4DS CST + EXT or 4DS BC or KB (may do an AM/PM split)[/font]
[font color=crimson]W...Bosu Ski DVD + abs (optional: may add on EXT or 4DS KB or BC if time permits)[/font]
[font color=black]R...4DS B&B + EXT or 4DS KB or BC[/font]
[font color=crimson]F...yoga/stretch + abs[/font]
[font color=black]S...legs + run or IX+ [/font]
[font color=crimson]S...run + pullups + abs[/font]

I haven't quite figured out how to incorporate Iron Core. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate them.

Have a great Monday, everyone! BBL.

Good morning,

cathy- your rotation looks good. my suggestion is do ic on sat before your legs and maybe not run???

today's workout is p90X+ UB and Core.

what a superbowl yesterday!!

Have a great day cheetahs:7

mornin' all. a few personals to catch up on:

cathy-ITA about target. it is addictive (and dangerous!). i go in for one thing and come out with stuff i never even thought of getting!!! "Yup. I hear you. Today I realized there is just no sense in fightin' it anymore. Whatever the cheetahs endorse, sign me up. Resistance is futile." so true, so true...like i said before, when i am too poor to pay my bills, the pups and i are going to come and live with you guys. christine already said we could come live with her. at least i'll have a loto of equipment to share!!!

judy-yes, i remained pain free in my hip and piriformis after my runand CC. i'm not going to run again until i talk to my doc friend, but i think i am on the mend. *crosses fingers*
happy about waldo!

carole-did you enjoy the game? i am happy for eli. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_319.gif

wendy-i am going to look into that book. i think it would be interesting. i would love a book about women and training in general. i KNOW there are times in our cycle when we are stronger and times when we are not as strong, also times when we are more susceptible to injury from certain things. i want to find out more about it.

i was planning on a rest day today but i am feeling pretty good and energetic. i may do some light cardio. who knows. i will see what i feel like when it's time to work out (which is very soon).

happy monday to you all!!!

HI Monday Cheetah Cats

[font color=green]Cathy[/font] - your rotation looks good, but IA if you do all the cardio during the week you have scheduled, you can skip the run on Sat. and do IC. BTW how long is IC?

[font color=green]Lorie & Wendy[/font]- What is the book mentioned? I missed it. But a true scientific reference about women and working about and related factors sounds like it might be worth a look.

DH was very happy for the Giants and young Mr. Manning.

[font color=green]Christine[/font]- I am sorry it didn't work out for your Pats.

Today I am driving DS to ski ( He has the day off after the superbowl. I think the priests wanted a day off.) and then S&H CH, Ba and Sh and Abs and clean Max and dentist app't .... 'nough said.

[font color=lime green][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good Morning Cheetahs!

For those who are interested, the book Lorie and I were talking about y'day is "The Complete Book of Running for Women" by Claire Kowalchik. It covers training, nutrition, injury prevention (LORIE!!!!;)), motivation, racing and MORE! I read it when I was first starting out. I think I will re-read it. I'll probably get much more out of it these days.

I have Mondays off from work this month so I can hit the gym for a run! YAY! That is obviously my plan for today along with Abs/Core+.

So I have some nice full body DOMS from TB+ y'day. It's not super intense but it's definately there. Especially in my lats. LOVE THAT PULL UP BAR!}( :) ..... I still love Tony MORE though!;)

That's about it for me for right now but you know I'll be back!:)

Good Monday morning Cheetah babes!

You know, you all are such a wonderful influence in my life and I have to thank each and everyone of you for that. Well, I've been moanin' and groanin' about what I *can't* do lately instead of what I *can* do. Some of you very wise ladies put me straight last night and basically told me to get off my arse and do SOMETHING, even if it isn't a holy cow cardio sweatfest. So I did just that this morning and started with B&G Leg Blast (YOWZAS!) and then ME UB and Abs premix. I ended up having a great workout and finally feel that all is right with the world once again. I did have to be VERY careful about foot placement on every lunge, and lordy knows there certainly were enough of them LOL! I felt some twinges here and there but nothing too bad.

I guess my mind just hasn't been in the right place with this lately. I've been so preoccupied with trying to shed a little unwanted weight for my race (and just because I really need to buckle down and get it off anyway). For me that means upping the cardio BIG TIME and laying off the weights because I *DO* put mass on VERY quickly with even a little weight work. Unfortunately, this has developed into an "all or nothing" mindset this past week...if I can't do cardio and burn those cals what's the point, right? The other downside to this (besides the obvious) is that, when I don't workout, I eat like $#!^...again because of that same "all or nothing" approach. You gals snapped me out of that last night and I have to thank you for that.

So, now I'm trying to figure out a low (to no) weight rotation for this week. Tuesday and Friday will be rest days (can't be helped with work and bowling) so I've got to figure those in. Any ideas?

Self-centered post done. BBIAB with personals. Thanks again loverlies!

Good Morning Beauties!

I don't have time for personnals right now but I just wanted to chime in:) I here! LOL
Todays workout will be GS C&T...going heavy I suppose:) a run and I think I will do 4DSBC again. I forgot to add in that the other day when I did 4DSKB, I put on my 1 lbs ankle weights on my hands and I had some major DOMS yesterday in my arms and back. What a dif a couple of pounds can make!
I really don't want to go anywhere today but we do need a few groceries and its only 9:45 in the morning. Whats the sense in sitting here all morning? Must go get some fruits and veggies!

BBL!
Lori

:)

Okay, gonna try and catch up, a little at a time ;).

Cathy - I think that rotation looks great! I have to agree with Judy and Sunny that IC on Sat looks like it would work. So glad that you had a wonderful run outside yesterday...it was just a gorgeous day! Have fun with your new toy...I'm glad I haven't been bitten by that bug yet.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout today! Oh, that cruise sounds like a great idea...I wish I could go ;(.

Lorie - Thanks hon! I plan on not doing *anything* that may be pain inducing. LOL about moving in with Christine! So glad to hear that you are still pain free after that cheat...you naughty girl :p! That book does sound interesting. Holy Moly, what a workout yesterday...my legs are crying just reading that :eek:!

Judy - Thank you, too, for kicking me into gear! Had to lol about Waldo needind to be comforted...I know you're probably not finding it too funny right now. Nice run yesterday! Wow, have you got a busy day on tap!

Wendy - Nice to hear you're working some good DOMS today...enjoy }(! The foot *is* improving so I probably won't have it looked at unless it isn't gone by the end of the week. That will still give me enough training time before my race. I just can't stomach paying out of pocket *again* for something that small. BTW, ITA about there being a difference between how you look first thing in the morning and then later at night. Even Cathe has said this! I think I'll have to check out that book, too.

Lori - Great idea with the ankle weights...I do want to get a pair of weighted gloves at some point. RE: foot...I have NO clue what I did. It just started to hurt like hell on the outside of my left arch (Thursday)...no "injury", no reason *shrugs*. Hasn't been right since. Oh, that trip sounds like fun! Sooooo, how were those brownies :9? I stay very, very far away from brownies...probably my *biggest* weakness!

Gotta refill the coffee. BRB with the rest.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m tired today! Too much activity yesterday! Bummer about the Pats, but hey, what can I say? The Giants played a fabulous game. I ate pretty well, had a little too much wine, but that’s okay – I finished the week with points to spare. Today I will do some cardio – I’d take a rest day, but today is my weigh in, so I want to do something! :p

Cathy – I’ve been using Iron Core as an adder to a weights day. I also did circuits last week – and that helped. You might want to just do the video once through to get an idea of the exercises, then you can add them to your weight’s day as needed. I’m actually thinking of doing a circuit with them and HLD or something this week. I want to use them solo for a few times.

Sunny – Yeah, it was a good Super Bowl! Enjoy P90X +

Lorie – I agree that Target is additive and dangerous! If you come live with me, we’d have TONS of equipment! We could do some fun things! :p Enjoy your workout.

Judy – oh well, I think Tom didn’t play as well as he should have. The Giants played the better game. It happens. In a way, I’m glad they have something to strive for next year! :p Have fun with your BUSY day!

Wendy – thanks for the info on the book! I’m very close to caving on the TJ’s! How much are they? Enjoy your run!

Wendi – *quick moment of silence for the Patriots* I’m so happy that you got in a good workout! That premix is killer! Shelly calls it the “Oh NO, not THAT again!” premix, which is pretty close to what I say whenever I do it (add a few more colorful words to get an even closer approximation). I’m the same way with the all or nothing. Not being able to do cardio drives me batty. And I eat like crap when I can’t workout. Vicious circle. Hope it goes better!

Carole – thanks so much for the sweet email! DH is surviving okay. I don’t know if he’s more depressed about the Pats losing or the season being over. I think it’s actually the latter!

Lori – Oh, I love my weighted gloves for kb! A pound really does make a difference! Have fun getting fruits and veggies!

Take care all!

Carole - I'm sure there was some major hootin and hollerin going on at your sister's house last night. CONGRATS GIANTS...well played! Thanks for the RW idea...I will definitely make my way over there today. Glad you enjoyed the yummy soups! That would great if you could go to one of those clinics. Great run yesterday...sorry to hear that the downhills are still giving you a bit of trouble.

Christine - My condolences to you, especially DH ;( ;( ;(. How's he holding up :p? Did you have to talk him down off the ledge last night? J/K! I fell asleep before half time (got home late from work) but saw a couple of clips this morning. The "helmet catch" was pretty cool. That cruise would be a fantastic way to celerbrate your Bday!!! BTW, that Power Circuit blast is killer ;). I hope your party was a smashing success, even if the game wasn't.

Posh - Congrats Giants!!!! Glad you enjoyed the game!

Hi Shelly, Jackie, Dallas and Linda!

Gotta run to the grocery store...my fave shopping excursion :9 :p. I'm making baked stuffed red snapper tonight, hummus, some roasted veggies and some steamed veggies. Mondays are the day that I cook for the entire week. Also, going to squeeze some time in with SO...at least lunch, maybe he'll even be able to take the afternoon off :D. Have a great day everyone!

Christine - There we go again, simul-posting lol! Glad to hear you had a good week...good luck today at the weigh-in!!! LMAO at Shelly's name for that premix!!! Believe me, the rainbow was spewing forth from my mouth ;) :eek:! BTW, I'm going to stop wishing and start doing :7...thanks! It is a vicious circle...one that I WILL NOT let happen again.

I realized I didn't mention the party. It was a smashing success, despite the outcome (well as most of our guests were rooting for the Giants, I guess it was because of the game). Holy FOOD Batman - I made enough to feed a Russian army, and people brought more! I thought my table was going to break from the weight of it all. But the 30 or so people there did a great job with it. We had a little bit of everything and a little bit of everyone - with age ranges from 30 to 88. I love mixes like that. It was fun.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks, at least my hip was not sore at all after. That crosstrainer you posted the link to yesterday looks interesting! A west coast skiing GTG does sound fun..:)...Looks like a good rotation.

Sunny.."What a superbowl" is very fitting!! Enjoy your workout.

Lorie...yes, I did enjoy the game. IMO it is always nice to watch a close one like that.

Judy...I just felt a bit of hip tightness on the downhills towards the end of the run. Guess I will have to just run uphill as that does not hurt at all...:)..Busy day for you...are you doing a S&H rotation?

Wendy...No, I did not like that Tracey workout at all. It was about as high intense as a walk in the park!...:)..Glad you enjoyed TB. I think Tony is a great instructor and one of these days I will have to get the new P90X+. Thanks for the link to that cool site...:)

Wendi...Glad you got thru the workout with only a few twinges. Yep we did hoot and holler a lot in the last part of the game! I told Cathy that I screamed so loud I scared my sisters dog!! Weird about the downhills...I just want the pain and tightness to be completely gone and I guess that will take some time...Sounds like a yummy dinner...:)

Lori...have fun with your GS workout.

Christine...I made this bean dip yesterday that was quite good. Your party sounds like a lot of fun!! You are welcome for the email...:)..I know when football is over I am also a bit depressed.

Posh...LOL as I picked the same Petty song for half time!! It was one of the best Superbowls I have watched in a while.

Today will be GS BSB, abs and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs! Unfortunately I don't have time for personals right now, but maybe work will be slow later so I can catch up.

Since I haven't been around since Friday I should probably post my run. I did get in my 7 miler Friday night. All while watching The Sound of Music. The rest of the weekend was nada on the workouts because I like to spend quality time with my family and my kids start my day around 6 a.m. every day and go non-stop until bedtime at 8. By then I'm too pooped to tackle anything.

Today during lunch I'm going to check on Pergo flooring prices along with installation. I'm finally able to get a new kitchen floor. YEAH! This has been on my wishlist for at least 7 years now. I also might get our foyer and master bathroom tiled. We'll see. Tonight after the kids are in bed I will tackle about 4 miles of intervals on the TM.

Sorry to be so self-centered with my post. I'll try to make it back here later for personals. WAVES to all cheetahs!

Well, I decided to be smart and skip my workout. I was pulling on my clothes when I realized that I was being very stupid as I was physically tired from working out hard for the past 9 days, as well as lack of quality sleep. I knew I’d end up hurting myself if I forced a workout. Of course, now I’m worried I’m going to gain, even though I am 7 pounds down from last Monday – so even if my breakfast gave me two pounds, I’m still down 5 – which is scary if you think about it – I shouldn’t be losing this fast now. But I’m thinking a lot of it is bloat as I only lost one pound in two weeks – so now my body is catching up. I’m eating all my points, and all my activity points as well! According to my scale, I only have 3 more pounds to go until my next reward. We’ll see…

Wendi – my simul-posting buddy! That name for the premix is sooo true. Too funny. Good for you for taking control.

Wendy – thanks for the heads up on the website!

Carole – I’d love your recipe for your bean dip! It’s going to be weird with DH not watching football on Sundays – I’ll have to find other ways to entertain him :+ Enjoy your workout!

Kristi – Good job getting in the run! Oh, how fun on the kitchen flooring! No worries – we’re happy to hear from you!

i don't have a ton of time (i'm actually getting a lot of work done) but i did want to report my workout. because i am planning on a rest day tomorrow (i REALLY don't feel like i need one, but i haven't taken one in about two weeks), i did GS BSB & CT and went heavy then just did HSTA and HSCircuit cardio only on the bosu. i would like to get some eoin in after work because i haven't done him since friday. i am feeling like i need my yoga fix!

Good morning Cheetas!

Cathy - Enjoy your rest day! Looks like a fun rotation for you this week.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout!

Lorie - It's good to hear you feel like you're on the mend.

Judy - Sounds like a busy day for you.

Wendy - Nice to have Mondays off. Hope you get in a good run.

Wendi - Glad to see the mindset changed and you got in a good workout. Sometimes that's all it takes. Stuffed red snapper sounds delicious.

Lori - Enjoy your workout marathon. DD was complaining about how much $$$ she spent on fruit over the weekend. Gotta have it though.

Christine - Sorry about the Pats. But, Eli can have bragging rights like big bro Peyton now. Good luck with your weigh in.

Carole - Glad you enjoyed the game yesterday. I only watched a small portion. Enjoy your workout. Are you a basefall fan?

Kristi - Great 7 mile run for you! Yay for the new kitchen floor.

I didn't get on all weekend. I did get in a 2 mile run and then a 2 mile walk with DBF. We had a busy day Saturday and went out for dinner Saturday night. I had lobster tail. Yesterday was a rest day and we lounged around most of the day.

Today I did P90X Chest & Back & ARX. What a sweaty workout but I didn't feel like my energy level was where it should be. I'm planning on doing a P90X rotation for this month. If the energy isn't there though, may change my mind after this week.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Jackie

Hi Ladies.

I'm back from the gym and lunch is done. Now I'm just waiting for DS to go down for his nap so I can get one too!;) I actually have a good reason for wanting one today. It's not just out of pure laziness. LOL I have been feeling a bit o' the crud coming on over the last several days. I'm taking airborne so it's not really gotten a good hold of me but enough of a hold that I questioned wether my run this morning was a wise choice or not.

Needless to say I went to the gym banking on doing just a 20 min Itread. Well once I got into it I was energized so I ended up linking 2 of them together for a 40 minute work out. I did Itread 2/20 minutes first and then moved on to 1/20 minutes. I don't know my exact mileage because I knocked the emergency button out like 3X during the first work out! I kept running too close to the control board! LOL For the second work out I managed to log 2.09 miles so I was happy. I figure my mileage is around 4 miles give or take for the whole thing.

So I felt great during the run but soon after I stopped I felt the crud again. ACK! I figure the rest will do me good. I do NOT want to get sick to where I can't work out right now. I JUST started the X+! If I get sick I will be askin' Lori to borrow her tantrum girl!:7

After my nap I have to hit Abs/Core+!}(

Off to grab some java and hopefully get back here for personals before nap time. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.