:::: CHEETAHS :::: cinco de mayo!!

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin’, cheetahs & happy Saturdayyyyyyyy :) :) :) I loooove the weekend!!!

Not so many personals from last night to catch up with…

Wendy :: believe me, I am anal enough about other things! But my professional life is so regimented in some respects (it *has* to be if you’re a teacher – you live by the bell, too) that I like and crave flexibility and spontaneity outside of work. I think I have found the balance, though. Before, I wouldn’t/couldn’t commit to a rotation, but now (somehow) I can and I’m not uptight about lousing it up by switching the order or taking two rest days instead of one -- whereas at one point, I’m sure that would have bothered me. I can’t explain it. But it works for me.

Jackie :: Have a great 10-miler! I’ll take a peek at those Slim Express w/outs. How would you say they rate in terms of difficulty/challenge?

I will be heading out for a run followed by a TBD B&G premix and abs.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- enjoy your run!

shelly- best of luck to you superwoman:)

ladies, i am off for my 2nd race. feels good. not nervous at all like the first one but i still feel happy about it.

i just signed up for a 10k next month and i am scaaaaaaaared:eek: :)

BBL...

Good Morning Cheetah Babes!:)

Cathy: Enjoy B&G! Great work out! I have the Slim Express on it's way to me as well. I can't wait to get them. I like the idea of the shorter work outs. Nice change just like BBC. I want to set my mind to finally doing an SS rotation for once. I've had Slim Series for a long time and have heard numerous times that the rotations bring great results but I just couldn't stick with it. Try and try again though, right? ;)

Sunny: GOOD LUCK GIRL! I can't wait to hear how it went! You'll do great!...I am trying to get my motivation up to enter some races this season but it's just not there. I am still loving running but the desire to race has waned. Atleast for now. I was all gung ho to train for a half before I started the X and now I don't even have the desire to race in a 5K! WTH!?!? We'll see what happen though...maybe it'll come back with a vegance next spring!}(

I have BBC Full Body on tap for today and that will complete my 3 week BBC rotation!!! I was going to take pics at the end of it but I think I am just going to weigh and measure. I will take pics when I am done with "my version of the Cathe rotation". :7

I made another change to the Cathe rotation, btw. I am soooo happy with my results from the X having done only 3 days of cardio each week that I have omitted cardios from Cathe's rotation so that I do 1 run, 1 spin class and 1 Cathe cardio each week. I put yoga in place of the cardio I omitted so I will actually have a yoga only day in this rotation. I never had it that way during the X cuz I always coupled it up with my Spin class. I think I would not have been as exhausted by the rotation if I could have kept yoga by itself. Oh well-there's always next time!}(

Sunny :: I didn't realize you were racing today...good luck!!

Wendy :: yeah, that one is my all-time fave leg workout, and ever since you mentioned that evil leg blast premix, I find myself drawn to it all the time. I think I might try a different premix today, though. Any recommendations?...If there are any funds left in my bank account after my latest workout splurge, I am thinking of ordering Squeeze - have been seeing rave reviews on that one, too.

OK, gonna slowly get suited up to hit the bricks shortly. Later, I need to do a little clothes shopping. I am still experiencing the dilemma of having most of my old spring/summer clothes fall off me yet I'm not wanting to invest too much b/c I'd still like to drop some more lbs.

~Cathy :)

>Aggghhhhh! I just ordered an iTrain to use on today's run.
>
>~Cathy :)

Is this your first experience with ITrain/ITread? I've never done an outdoor work out but I *HEART* the TM ones. Hope you like it!}(

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..now you have me laughing imagining you swinging an 18 lb body bar around...:)..good weapon though!! Have fun with the iTrain, run and the B&G premix.

Yvonne...welcome, it'll be fun getting to know you.

Sunny...Good luck today in the 5K!. The iStretch I tried was okay, I might try another one. Good job with the yoga. Which workout are you using the new weighted gloves for?

Wendy...C&A was all right but I kept saying to the guy, could you shut the heck up and get on with the exercise!!! Good job with BBC S&A and the chin-ups. Have fun with BBC fullbody today.

Jackie..the reason the KV workout was $50, was because it was a combo set. I got the DVD plus a 14 lb body bar and 2 soft weights to add to the bar. I wanted another body bar and this seemed like a good way to get it...:)...enjoy your 10 mile run.

Shelly...Good Luck today!!! Sorry about the spill into the EXT! So what exactly is Paella? I got her Strong & Streamlined DVD along with a 14 lb body bar. I will do it today so I'll be sure to give you a review. That course pic reminds me of a grueling 15K I have run in Oregon. Can't wait to hear how well you do..:)

Christine....so you liked Barry's holding!!! About drives you nuts huh?...that is the only cardio one I tried and yes, it is tough.

Linda...no, I didn't like the iStretch all that much. I really should try another one as I know stretching is good for you. Good workout yesterday.

Susan...welcome home. Sending (((HUGS)))). A lot of emotions rolling around in your head so maybe Allyson's party will be a nice distraction. I am happy your Dad has the friends and support he does.

So later I will try the new KV workout I got using the bodybar. I'll be back with a review...

Have a great day...:)

LOL Carole...the guy from Chest and Abs DOES talk alot. He OVER-explains the moves IMO but I guess not everyone is as educated as we Catheites in how to perform various exercises! ;) What is KV??

Carole, Why did you have to go and post a link!? LOL Now I am going to have to check it out. If I order something I am comin' to get you!!!!}( :7 }( :p

Grrrr! LOL

I am actually eyeballing the mat for the step. It is designed to be used as cushioning for your step when it's being used as a bench which most of us do often. I could have used it this whole time doing the BBC work outs!:) I put it in my cart but have not "proceeded to check out" yet. :p

Ladies, ENABLER is thy MIDDLE NAME! LOL. You ladies crack me up. Well, at least our obsession is a healthy one, right???

I have to be quick, again, even though we have NOTHING on our calendar today and tomorrow. It's AWESOME!

Sunny-Full race report when you return.

DC was great yesterday, but the drive back was horrific. Took over 5.5 hours to drive home. At least we were on a bus and not driving ourselves. Got home after 11pm to our beds. I'm beat this morning, and loving DOMS that are back. lol I'm going to get cardio in sometime today, just not sure when. Maybe after dinner, once the gorgeous sun has set. We're heading out to hit Sam's club to pick up stuff I need for National Staff Appreciation Week next week. Then the local green house to get some veggie plants. The boys and I usually plant our big veggie gardon on Mother's Day, but it's SOOOOO nice outside that I think we're going to plant some stuff this weekend just for fun!

OK...sorry for no personals. I still have to read yesterday's posts. BBL

Gayle

>Grrrr! LOL
>
>I am actually eyeballing the mat for the step. It is designed
>to be used as cushioning for your step when it's being used as
>a bench which most of us do often. I could have used it this
>whole time doing the BBC work outs!:) I put it in my cart but
>have not "proceeded to check out" yet. :p

wow!...how did I miss that mat???....:)

Just came in from my run (I did iTread #6 Phase 1 - Outdoor Run). Wow! I like!! It's great to have somebody coaching you through intervals. This'll be nice to work in to my usual running program. Great. I see a new addiction forming. *LOL*

Wendy :: ut oh...I have never heard of a cushion for the step, and I better not even look at it. *LOL* ...Yes, this was my first iTread.

Carole :: looking forward to hearing your review. Glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what paella is.

Hey Gayle! Enjoy your weekend of doing nothing. The DC drive can be a bear.

Cathy...I am glad you like the iTread. New additions are so fun!

I think I remember George's Mom making Paella on Seinfeld?...

Oh, was that a Seinfeld reference? I missed it. Don't remember that one...

>Cathy...I am glad you like the iTread. New additions are so
>fun!
>
>I think I remember George's Mom making Paella on Seinfeld?...

All I can remember is George's Mom's screeching voice saying "Paella", I think she was making it for Jerry's parents??

Hello cheetahs,

I'm back!! I had so much fun running today. It's great to run with someone else. even managed to shave a minute off my first 5k. I finished in 32 mins. and i have barely been running. lots of hills this time . i felt so cool, saw alot of folks from the gym and even other clients of mine. at the end of the race a lady from a local newspaper took our picture!! i hope we make it in. my client has officially been bit by the race bug. she's ready to do a 10k with me, wooohooo!!

cathy- i ordered squeeze yesterday. with all the raves at videofitness and from linda, i just couldn't resist:7 you finally bit the bullet and now you will definitely have an itrain addiction, lol.

wendy- c'mon girl get back on the racing horse, lol. you are the one that inspired me to start racing. however i know what you mean i lost it for awhile but today i have it back...:D

carole- do you remember which istretch you have? i am going to use my gloves for the Tracey Staehle KB workout. i will not open the karen voight link , i will not open the karen voight link...lol

gayle- what an awesome tradition!! happy planting.

ttyl...

Wow! You ladies are chatty this morning!!! My workout for today is BBC Legs and a CC/iCycle or Spinerval – we’ll see what I end up in the mood for. Jimmy launched himself out of his “Pupperware” (the plastic container he sleeps in – no lid of course) on to the bed at 6AM. He discovered he really likes the bed. *rolls eyes* DH will NEVER go for that. We’re off to the vet for more puppy shots today, then grocery shopping, and I need to get my nails done. I also want to get my road bike into the shop as my company has Thursday night bike rides and I really would like to join them. I’m very excited about that. They ride two routes – one flat, one hilly – and it’s about 18-20 miles. I cannot wait to get out with a group and ride again. Sounds like a blast and a great way to get to know the people in the company. The CTO looks a bit like Coach Troy actually.

GO SHELLY GO! I'm so excited to hear about your results!!!

Cathy – I’m SOOO with you! I love the weekend too!! Enjoy your run and B&G premix! I love the outdoor iTrains! They are tough, but great. And # 6 is my favorite!!! Oh, I LOVE paella – but I learned about it because of a local restaurant. It’s a rice dish with saffron and chicken, shrimp, chorizo sausage, mussels… It’s soo good. Not very healthy – although you can make it more so, but yum!!!

Sunny – oh, you’ll do fabulous at a 10k! That’s such a great distance. I love the runs from 6-10 miles. Enjoy! WAY TO GO ON YOUR 5K!!! Isn’t it fun!!

Wendy – sounds like you know what works for you! Great job! Enjoy your new rotation and I can’t wait to hear about the results!

Carole – I’m wondering if I’ll have that love/hate relationship with Nadia. That workout did not seem as tough – but I could be really wrong. I can feel it in my biceps today! I look forward to your review, but I hope it’s not something I’ll want to buy! Lol

Gayle – Glad you enjoyed DC and yeah, that sounds about right for DC traffic. Hope you enjoy your days with nothing on the calendar!

Well, I guess I should started on my day considering that I’ve got a lot of my plate. I just realized that I need to take DD14 shopping for jeans, too – maybe we’ll do that tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.