:::Cheetahs:::Chillin' on this Freaky Friday:::

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I was last to post last night so this will be short and sweet!

I have some nice DOMS from Butt and Legs today. Today will be another BBC weight segment and hopefully I will add some cardio to it as well.

Gotta work this morning but then my weekend begins! I don't know how much "fun" it'll be though as I'll be spending the rest of today and tmrw cleaning for the party. yuck.

BBIAB!

Morning Beautiful Cheetahs :) YAY It's Friday :) :) :)

Today is a 3miler. Plan is to do some core work and have to work my back. It's going to be a chilly run and I forgot to change my music up---so it may be a boring one at that. I so hate when I know what song is coming next LOL :)

Wendy: Morning. I'd help ya with the cleaning but I do believe I am burnt out on it :) The family/workout room did me in. Man cobwebs and lady bugs--what's with that?? It does look nice though. The biggest pain was pulling books off the bookshelves and dusting them x( I was thinking of tackling either DD's room or the bath downstairs. I think I need a break from it all LOL :) We shall see what the day brings me. DH worked out yesterday afternoon before he went to play cards and made no mention of the room being clean and smelling fine. I was ready to toss a weight at him-- MEN!

Dallas: I so love my DVR. If it wasn't for that--I would never watch tv. And there are only a very few shows I like. I still can't believe we have some channels I've never heard of :) I think Lorraine is a beauty. Wish I was closer to her I would love to take her bootcamp.

Sunny: Wow you must be in excellent shape to be teaching all those classes. Congrats on someone noticing your hard work. I hope it works out for you and maybe you can help train the team :)

Jackie: When I hit the gym --I keep my headphones on all the time. Even if my battery dies on me :) I figure people think I'm deep into my music and do not want to socialize. There is one girl at the gym--has a loud voice and always wears spandex outfits. I don't think I have ever seen her on a machine for more than 5minutes. One guy yelled at her one day and told her to shut up LOL.

Judy: How did DD do with her testing?

Hi to everyone else :) I'll be back for more personals later. Hope Cathy is getting a much needed rest. Carole thanks for the foam roller info. I ordered one and have been using three tennis balls in a sock for massaging the glute. It has done wonders for me :)

Ok need to change BBL :)

Good morning Cheetah babes!

Well, I slept a little longer this morning than I'd hoped so I missed both my workout and the opportunity to catch up on personals...sorry for that :(. I needed to recharge the batteries some before the weekend as I have to go back to the show with two more horses Sat and Sun.

Wendy - I'm sure you're workin some *nice* DOMS...B&L BBC is a toughie :eek:! Sending good cleaning vibes! The party will be fun!

Okay, gotta split if I want to get work on time. I'll try to check in later tonight. TTFN...happy Friday everyone!

Hi Kath! You snuck in on me. Enjoy your run today...sorry it's going to be a chilly one :(. I would have liked to get out for a short on this morning but it's raining pretty hard here, WAHHHH *need tantrum girl*! Great job on the cleaning...you're a machine! Glad that the tennis balls have been helping...great idea.

Okay, really gotta go now lol.

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...your race pics were not that bad...but as I have said before, I hate most of mine!! Wow, I didn't realize the run with Shelly was so soon...you 2 will have fun!! Enjoy your BBC workout. Cleaning the house for company isn't always a fun chore...

Kath...glad you ordered the foam roller and that the tennis balls are working...:)

Posh...good job on getting the 4D workouts, I hope you like them. As far as Sac, I don't know our plans yet. We are about 2.5 hours away, and I think staying friday night would be better. I will talk to my sister this weekend.

Jackie...I ran into a lot of people that had a bad day with allergies yesterday, I started sneezing again this AM and took a pill quickly! Honestly all the sneezing just wears you out...

Wendi...thanks for the update. Sounds like the showing has gone well so far. I would enjoy seeing the photographer's website.

Gloria...sorry HSC didn't get to you yet! I have a few of Amy's workouts, her cardio and weight ones, as she does some different weight exercises and I have always thought different was good for the muscles! Thanks for explaining about your class.

Today will be 4DS C&B, abs and probably some time on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Happy Friday All! http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/1962_dance.gif

I think I’m going to do All Body Attack today. Could use a good hard core workout to really get things moving again. :p I did not want to get up, but now that I am, I’m doing okay.

Wendy – I hope the TM thing improves for you too! How are Joey’s BDay preps coming along? I think you’ll do fantastic as a personal trainer! I liked your race pics, but like you I always hate mine! Isn’t that funny.

Carole – Who knows about my silly body! That’s right, that’s why I can’t make that 5k – I’ll be in Sante Fe with DH. He has to go for work, I’m going to go visit him. I love Sante Fe, although I would love being with you and Posh, too! I love hearing you running again and enjoying it! Allergies are really bad this year, aren’t they? Hope you’re feeling better!

Kath – I actually like knowing every song, but I’m a create of habit. :p Sorry you had to listen to the same music again, though – it tough when your distraction is not distracting. Have fun finishing your cleaning today.

Dallas – I agree – who has time for live TV? And it’s so inconvenient! Especially as I’m in bed by 9PM! :p

Sunny – Oh, that is very exciting! Even if nothing comes of it, just to be recommended is wonderful! But, I think you’d do well in that position. They’d love to hate you! :p

Jackie – One more day! I hope the move goes smoothly! Jump rope on the BOSU? Interesting! I’ll have to try that! Good job on the DOMS! Still a water balloon. I’m getting tired of it. :p

Judy – I love IMAX 2 on the BOSU! I’ll have to do that again. Your weights are impressive. Holy cow!

Thomasina – Good job on winning the 4D’s! I like the GS, but I like the Time Savers’s versions. Thanks for the congrats. Still have a long way to go before I out-Posh you, Ms Poshest of the Posh. I can’t make the 5k in Sacramento unfortunately as I’ll be on a long weekend with DH in Sante Fe. Otherwise I would be there in a heartbeat! But I’ll be out trail running with the deer and the antelope.

Wendi – YEAH! So glad to hear that the horse has been wonderful and has some nice ribbons! Glad you got to sleep a little longer this morning! Ouch! 2:30AM – that would kill me! Glad you don’t have to show! Don’t worry about us – you need your sleep!!

Gloria – I love HSTA, too. It made me appreciate leg presses. So what did you decide? It’s nice that Ellie can hang out with DH during the day. Jimmy is off to doggie day care today as he was home with me yesterday and is about to bounce clean out of his skin. He’s a good guy, but needs an outlet for his energy.
Ms. Cathy – we’re thinking about you! Hope you’re feeling better and getting some sleep!

Have a great Friday All!!! I *HEART* the Cheetahs!!!

Christine...sorry you can't make the 5K in June..:(.. I went to Sante Fe 4 years ago with 2 of my High School friends. We had such a great time and I even went to an opera!! It was also were I first tasted chipotles, and I have been in love ever since!! Have fun with All Body Attack. I do hope not to sneeze my brains out today...http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/sneeze1.GIF[/img]

HAPPY FRIDAY! Yessssuh!

It’s my early day at work so I’ll be quick to say “top o’ the morning” before I get ready for work. I also have to scoot over to my SIL’s (down the driveway and across the pond) to take care of her dog while she is away for the weekend. My day is completely booked so no workouts today but tomorrow am my running friend and I plan on 8 miles and then I’ll take the time to get in some weights and ABS!

Wendy – have fun this weekend with the big party! I forgot you were also a trainer! ..hmmm…too bad you weren’t closer or I’d hire you to whip me bootay into shape! LOL… chyeah, me thinks California may just a leeetle too weird for ya’ll….Oh, and your running pics are way cool! You just look determined to pass that one guy and you did! LOL

Kath- I know what you mean about the music…I have such a variety on my ipod (along with itreads) cuz I don’t like the same thing over and over. Although, it sometimes does cause a problem for all of my selves when they can’t agree on what playlist it is going to be and I have to constantly switch around….lol By the way, I have a foam roller and it is the best!

Wendi – Congrats on the medals! You really are a busy Cheetah! I wish we had some of that rain! It is already getting pretty dry here which makes for an early scary fire season! yikes!

Carole – awe, sorry you are having so much trouble with allergies. My DH is a big time sneezer too. I am having more of the super itchy nose and scratchy throat from all the pollen. Dang, I wash my car and not even 10 minutes later it is covered in pollen! As for the 5K, let me know if ya’ll are going to stay over in Sac the night before and I’ll think about that further. Without traffic on 80 I am about an hour to downtown Sac.- not as far as you but it is nice to be fairly close to the race the morning of. And where are you and Christine staying in Chicago??

Christine – yeah, I’m hoping the 4D’s are gonna do it for me weights wise during the week with my jam packed schedule right now. Ok, Santa Fe w/ DH sounds like good and legit excuse to miss out on a Cali Cheetah GTG…lol..jk. But you are booked for Chicago so that is a good thing!!  Hey, where are you staying in Chicago???.

Dallas – I finally visited the TNT link! :) Liked the comments everyone is posting! You go girl!!

Ok, so hello and happy Friday to the rest of the busy Cheetahs today! Me hopes the Runnin Teach is OK cuz she is hardly ever absent…but she did mention something about a sub the other day..right?....lol ... geez, kinda makes me wanna throw paper airplanes or sumthin' with her not around..:+

Til later gals!

Posh :7

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendi - Glad the showing went well! Congrats on the ribbons!

Gloria - Sorry you didn't receive HSC yet. Did you get to relax last night?

Sunny - How nice that you got to spend some time with DH! How did the flower planting turn out? I'll try my hand at planting some when I get moved.

Wendy - Thanks for sharing your pics! Laughing at you being a boring mom. Bet you save some bucks being boring. :) And, that's what counts in my book. You're right that Joey will have fun anyway. Just don't try to jump too high on that Bosu.

Kath - Hope you had a good run with the old music. LOL!! A loud girl in spandex! Now, I can't get that image out of my head. :p Hmmm, good idea with the tennis balls.

Carole - Sorry to hear you're sneezing again. Hope you can keep your brain intact. :) My throat is feeling scratchy now. May need to get my Clarinex refilled. Hope you had a good workout.

Christine - Did you have fun with ABA? How is Kimo doing? Ask Jimmy if he wants to share some of that energy he has. I'll take some for this weekend.

Posh - Hope you get a good run in tomorrow.

I did iStrength Circuit this morning and really like this one. Nick starts you off on the TM on a 5% incline with 1 minute intervals of walking then running. Then he goes to core work and some weights. Next is side lateral jumps and weights. The last interval is side walking on TM and weights. It's about 50 minutes.

I don't know if I'll be on the forums this weekend. In case I'm not, I wish all of you mothers a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Jackie

Carole – I’m bummed abour the 5k, too. I lived in Albuquerque for several years, so any chance to go back is really welcomed. I really love that part of the country, especially Santa Fe. I crave honest-to-goodness New Mexico food. It’s so tough to get.

Thomasina – Enjoy your run tomorrow! Carole and I are staying at the Club Quarters (Wacker at Michigan). We got a good price for that one and it’s right by the race start and close to where Cathy is staying. Thanks for excusing me from the Cali Cheetah GTG for Santa Fe. :p I don’t like the cardio too much (except BootCamp) on the 4DS, but I do like the weight work. Enjoy it!

Jackie – I did enjoy ABA. That work out gets more fun every time I do it. Very athletic but just about the time you feel you can’t do any more, she moves on to something else. I would LOVE to share Jimmy’s energy. If I could bottle it, I’d be rich. Funny thing, is that he’s really a very calm dog, but when he gets a chance to “let er loose” he can go forever.

All Body Attack was a blast! As I told Jackie, the more I do it, the more I like it. It spikes the old heart rate, then lowers it slightly while you do weights. But just as you get bored with one thing, you move on. Happy Mother’s Day all! I agree with Wendy that Mother’s Day should last the entire weekend!!

Edited to say that I'm still looking at hotels - so far availability is good. I'm really trying to get DH to fork over some Starwood points and allow us to stay for free at the Sheraton. So we'll see. If not the Sheraton, then it will be the Club Quarters.

Christine! Book at the Silversmith – that’s where Cathy and her mom are staying and so are me and my running buddy~

Hi Jackie! Have a swell weekend and have fun moving!

At work taking a real coffee break - sneaking a peek at the board….

Posh...

Thomasina - I looked into the Silversmith and they will not refund your money, no matter what. I can understand forfeiting a night if you can't make it, and then only if you cannot give two weeks notice, but to not accept ANY cancellations? That is not cool and makes me very leery of staying there. Plus, I can get a free room at the Sheraton. :( I'll chat with Carole again on it.

oh, did not know that it was the entire amount. I only had to pay for on night deposit and understand there is no refund..I've had that before in big cities. I also booked with my CSAAA discount and noticed the one night non-refundable deposit was offered for that...

Oh well, I hope it works out you get the freebie though! That's always the bestest...kinda like my First Class airline bookings for only $10! lol

Dh said he'd book it this weekend. We'll see. Only if Carole agrees, though. I'll have something decided this weekend. We'd be about a mile away, but cabs are easy to get in Chicago and they aren't too expensive.

Afternoon and TGIF!!!

This has been some week. UGH! I overslept again so didn't get L&B in yet. I did get the stairs in after dropping DS at preschool. It was another crowded one there. We got our hour in and a quick stretch. Did you ladies see there's an event called the Nike+ Human Race? Check out this link: http://www.chicagoaa.com/ Races all around the world start simultaneously. Not sure if this has been done before. Pretty cool!

Sunny ~ Way to go on the job offer! You are really making some lasting impressions on ppl! }( You go girl! I'm know i hate missing part or all of my workout. Lately, because of house stuff, etc I've been having trouble getting it all in too. The groceries and making meals is a major pain, but someone has to do it, right?!??! I'd hire a chef in a minute!!! lol

Kath ~ We live and breathe soccer here too. This year has been a big adjustment for me going from rec to travel soccer. It's a huge time commitment. Just when I was getting a handle on that softball had to go and start. Can't get stuff done around here if I'm always gone!!! :( Did your kids play? My DH coaches DD's (10) team and DS (8) plays as well. That's really awesome about your DS!!! :) I would love to take Lorraine's BC as well.}(

Gloria ~ Way to go on the 7 miles! What's your MOther's Day plans? Did you talk to that mom about tutoring?

Carole ~ Get that carpet cleaning and yard work done? You and Posh are great motivators! ;-) I may have to run another half when the time gets close because I'd have to raise another $1400 if I decide to run the marathon! :eek: WHOA! Since it's closed now, I could only run it through TNT. Sorry your allergies are bothering you. My other DS is starting now. :( My nose has started running on few occasions. :(

Jackie ~ Nice little circuit you did w/the treadmill and the EXT! Oh, that's what baseball hats are for. ;-) The humidity and my hair do NOT get along. :+ Not sure what I'll do next, but it has to be simpler so I can concentrate on running. Maybe PUB/PLB? What do you think? Thank goodness I can still use the gym/daycare with my cell phone. :) That iStrength Circuit sounds like a good one. Which number is that? There's a special on their website for Mother's Day.

Judy ~ Nice workouts! Love your new avatar. I was wondering if you'd switch to one of your new shots! Beautiful! :)

Posh ~ Thank you so much for the generous donation! :) Your too sweet. I do too, love the oldies! I have them all in the DVD player. :) See what I said to Carole ^^^. You girls are really enabling. :) Thanks to you both for having so much faith that I could do it. :)

Wendy ~ How are those legs feeling!?!?}( Love the pix! I'm almost half way there for the fund raising. My neighbor gave me a good idea. She sells home accessories, etc and she'd donate a % of the proceeds to TNT! :) Now i have to find a date to host a party.

Wendi ~ Would love to see the show pictures. :) Hope you catch up on your rest.

Christine ~ Having trouble getting out of bed myself this week. :( Yeah, I figure I'll just save whatever I want to watch on Tivo and catch up when these sports are done. lol We get a small break in June and then camps start. Guess I should book a room too. What's the race start? Even if I'm a spectator I don't want to fight the traffic driving into the city. For the half, dh and family are going to make a weekend out of it. :)

Cathy ~ Hope all is well and that you got some much needed rest. lol'd at what Posh said about the paper airplanes! :7

[font color=FF00CC]Happy Mother's Day to all![/font] Not sure how much I'll get here either this weekend. We have three games...2 on Mother's Day. We'll squeeze in a brunch between games. IA Mother's Day should be the whole weekend....or better yet a whole week! }( Our first TNT run is tomorrow 7A sharp! ;)

Hi to anyone who check in later!

ETA: oops, forgot to but in the bracket to stop the color! ;-)

Hey Girls.

I'm not feelin' it with the weights today so I think I'm just gonna have some Turbo Jam Cardio fun instead. I'm doin' kick punch jam in about 5 mins! The DOMS in my legs has increased as the day progressed so this should feel really good.

I'll be back when I'm done!:)

Afternoon girls :)

I did 3 1/2 miles and worked my back and did abs. Oldest DD was home for the morning. She may have a job---*cross your fingers and toes* for her please. Her goal was to have a fulltime job right out of college. Then work her way up to something else. She is a hard worker and will go far. She is thinking she would like to live in Vermont--I say yes please do so I can visit :)

Dallas: Do my kids play soccer?? Uh huh big time. DD was all state and made MVP for the division in high school.She made several other teams for the newspapers etc. She has been recruited by several colleges. She has made her choice. This college will also give her some money for academics as well. My DH coached her in travel and indoor. So yup-- we live soccer :) DD had a chance to meet Mia Hamm--her idol in Rochester. Talk about a moment. Even us adults were in awe of her. DD took off her Mia jersey and asked her to sign it. She did--that jersey is in a frame in DD's room :) Her cousin had a Red Sox tshirt on and he took that off and Mia signed it Mia Hamm Garciaparra (her married name) He also has that in a frame--a collectors item for sure as that he doesn't play for them anymore.

Wendy: How many people will be coming for Joey's bday? I always have a housefull with just family members for the kids parties when they were little. Youngest DD was born day after christmas. It's cool sometimes but then not so cool. Some relatives try to celebrate it on christmas. I won't allow that. Her birthday is the day she was born and we do a cake and birthday stuff for her. Not her fault she was born so close to a holiday :) Oh and oldest DD was born on labor day. After 36 hours---yes 36 kinda was fitting :) My son was born in Feb :)

edited to let you all know: I DID NOT CLEAN TODAY :)

OK I think it's happy hour time
BBL maybe :)

Olah!:)

Punch Kick & Jam is done. What a great work out. Just what I needed. It felt good on my tired/sore legs. :)

I am hoping to get BBC Arms and Abs done tmrw morning before the party.

Speaking of the party....

Kathy: To answer your question there will be 12 of us including me, my DH and the B'day boy. Not big at all. Just very immediate fam. :) We had a big bash for his 1st B'day and I will do it again for #5 perhaps but I don't believe in big parties every year. I wasn't raised with them and turned out just fine. Once he's in school and has made friends then I will do a kids party in addition to the family gathering but again, both will be kept to a minimum size most of the time. :)

Gotta jet off to the shower now but I intend to come back afterwards with my java to catch up on personals so stay tuned...:7

Hey Cheetahs!

Quick check in here. Not up to personals, but just wanted to say hello. I ended up taking a rest day today. 5 days of working out is enough for me! :) I will check in on you all in the morning. Have a great evening!

Cathy, Thomasina, Carole - UPDATE - Carole and I are BOOKED at the Silversmith!!!! The points needed for the Sheraton is outrageous so DH said, "Call the hotel to see what they have". Completely different from on line and they are not charging me until we get there now. Carole - it's two double beds, too - no need for a roll away. I'll email you the details. My flights are booked as well. I get into Chicago at 12:30 on Saturday.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.